(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 239.
#2301 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

The problem with getting on the list is this. Getting on it today puts you in fall. You pay 1000 bucks today and then because of the way the world works one shows up for sale tomorrow and now you are in a great dilemma. Lose the 1000 or wait even though there’s one available

One may indeed show up tomorrow but not at $5995. So if you’re willing to throw down more money just so you can have instant gratification then I guess I see your point. However for me personally I’d rather just wait instead of payout more and apply that to another game.

#2302 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

The problem with getting on the list is this. Getting on it today puts you in fall. You pay 1000 bucks today and then because of the way the world works one shows up for sale tomorrow and now you are in a great dilemma. Lose the 1000 or wait even though there’s one available

I believe the ones that have sold have been for around $1,000 on top of retail price . Either way you'll lose that $1,000 if you don''t want to wait . My suggestion remains to get in line with Spooky or one of their trusted distributors , again this game will be just as good 8 months from now or later .

#2303 6 years ago

I paid more than $1k on top to buy a space in line. Not saying how much.

Totally worth it. I can’t stop getting punished.

#2304 6 years ago

Are we talking about waiting again?

#2305 6 years ago

TNA is at The Sanctum! Had a party and tested it when it showed up and set it up at The Sanctum the next day. Everyone in the northeast/NY area come on check it out!

#2306 6 years ago

Thanks kingpin, spooky, and Scott for making this happen! Game is amazing!

IMG_20180416_121630 (resized).jpgIMG_20180416_121630 (resized).jpg

#2307 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Thanks kingpin, spooky, and Scott for making this happen! Game is amazing!

Jim, you should let everyone know where that is so they can come out and play it!

#2308 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Jim, you should let everyone know where that is so they can come out and play it!

That makes for 2 TNAs in Madison now.

Both are about 3 big blocks from each other.
Mine is still at Alt Brew (the 6+ on the map)
Jims is at Ale Asylum (the 4 on the map)

Both are great Breweries in Madison!

So nice to have more great pinball that is well maintained in town!

TNAs (resized).PNGTNAs (resized).PNG

#2309 6 years ago

Beer + Pinball = AWESOME!

#2310 6 years ago

I think Nitro in Canada has some TNAs in stock.

#2311 6 years ago

Was going for subtlety... !

#2312 6 years ago

As another person happily waiting in the queue, I was pretty rapt to see that TNA speaker kits are now available, according to Spooky’s FaceBook post!

You guys tend to know everything before I’ve seen it, but just in case, video is here if you are on FB: https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball/videos/1768332596561293/

Looks pretty awesome!

#2313 6 years ago

Finally!

#2314 6 years ago

They are building mine right now (#124) and I got the speaker lights and grills. I can’t wait!

#2315 6 years ago

for those without facebook

#2316 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

for those without facebook
» YouTube video

I like the coordinated colour.

Need to get Phil @ PH to offer this as an option! Or let us deal direct with Spooky for adding during the build.

#2317 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I like the coordinated colour.
Need to get Phil @ PH to offer this as an option! Or let us deal direct with Spooky for adding during the build.

You can contact KT to get your speaker lights added (from what I've seen).

#2318 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You can contact KT to get your speaker lights added (from what I've seen).

How many $ is the kit?

#2319 6 years ago

$75 plus shipping if you buy it after market, $95 if you have it factory installed.

#2320 6 years ago

Any suggestions on where to find the latest software update? Can't seem to find it on Spooky's website.

#2321 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Any suggestions on where to find the latest software update? Can't seem to find it on Spooky's website.

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783

#2323 6 years ago

Having a problem with my game where some of the white lights are pink. I thought there was a post here with a fix but I can't find it in either thread. Any advice?

Other then this, some minor switch adjustments and needing to center up the shooter rod it's great right out of the box

#2324 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

$75 plus shipping if you buy it after market, $95 if you have it factory installed.

If you have it installed while the game is being built, are there any stock parts removed from the game in the process? Not that they will be needed, but it is always nice to have them in case you change your mind later.

#2325 6 years ago

So I went to adjust an occasionally non-registering trough switch last night and ended up buggering up all 3 trough switches to the point where either the ball rests on top of the switch wheel thingy off the trough itself (and doesn't close the switch), or rests normally but still doesn't close the switch. I think I might have bent the switch blades up and they ended up bending at the mounting point, so now I can't get them low enough over the "button" to depress it via leverage on the blade. It's not clear how I can bend them back at that point since the blades themselves cannot extend into the switch housing.

Very frustrating and I feel like a fool.

Can someone post a picture of their working trough switches so I can get an idea of what the correct switch blade shape/angle looks like?

#2326 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Having a problem with my game where some of the white lights are pink. I thought there was a post here with a fix but I can't find it in either thread. Any advice?
Other then this, some minor switch adjustments and needing to center up the shooter rod it's great right out of the box

Contact spooky and they will send replacements. Some of the early games had a few weak LEDs in them. Problem solved long ago.

#2327 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Contact spooky and they will send replacements. Some of the early games had a few weak LEDs in them. Problem solved long ago.

Thanks Scott!
Just got the game and been distracted playing and havent dug in too much, was quite a few of them so was thinking a connector needed reset, will contact spooky support

#2328 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you have it installed while the game is being built, are there any stock parts removed from the game in the process? Not that they will be needed, but it is always nice to have them in case you change your mind later.

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

#2329 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

And the price of tea in China is on the rise again.

#2330 6 years ago

My upper flipper return spring broke last night. It’s a tiny spring. Definitely not up to the task. Mine is 109. Hope they change it in future builds.

#2331 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

My upper flipper return spring broke last night. It’s a tiny spring. Definitely not up to the task. Mine is 109. Hope they change it in future builds.

send a message to Kayte ([email protected]) and she can send out some replacement springs.

#2332 5 years ago

I got to play the game for the first time tonight at ZapCon (a Phoenix pinball and arcade event). I think it is extremely good, however the machine I was playing on was just completely beat. It looked like it had 50k plays and never even had one wipe down or rubbers replaced. It still played perfectly fine, and I am now more excited than ever to get mine!

#2333 5 years ago

Adjustment question: my RAD targets need a pretty solid hit to register. I lifted the playfield to adjust them and the switches have numerous leafs. Any special rules on adjusting a leaf switch like these? I have an adjustment tool and already adjusted the slings to make them more sensitive.

Those RAD targets have bit me in the butt a few times when they have been lit for a reactor and I've hit it but not hard enough. Would like to make them more sensitive.

Thanks.

#2334 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So I went to adjust an occasionally non-registering trough switch last night and ended up buggering up all 3 trough switches to the point where either the ball rests on top of the switch wheel thingy off the trough itself (and doesn't close the switch), or rests normally but still doesn't close the switch. I think I might have bent the switch blades up and they ended up bending at the mounting point, so now I can't get them low enough over the "button" to depress it via leverage on the blade. It's not clear how I can bend them back at that point since the blades themselves cannot extend into the switch housing.
Very frustrating and I feel like a fool.
Can someone post a picture of their working trough switches so I can get an idea of what the correct switch blade shape/angle looks like?

So upon review the trough “ball detect switch” blades are clearly supposed to be completely straight. However, it seems like the model Spooky is using has a design flaw or something. I ended up replacing mine with Williams ones, which worked perfectly and I suspect will continue to do so. (https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=384)

The Spooky/Stern ones have the blade end bent and embedded flush into the switch body and the blade needs to compress a hard rubber “ball” to close the switch. It seems quite difficult to do so, in my case the blades were simply bending around the ball as there really is no space for the blade to pivot down onto the ball.
8D4D026D-FA70-4D10-A03F-4D771B9CC30F (resized).jpeg8D4D026D-FA70-4D10-A03F-4D771B9CC30F (resized).jpeg

The Williams ones mount the blade on a raised section on 2 pivot points over a typical plastic microswitch peg and they easily close due to the increased leverage and lighter resistance in the switch.
22F30200-E6F9-4215-97C9-86CACB71940E (resized).jpeg22F30200-E6F9-4215-97C9-86CACB71940E (resized).jpeg

So if your trough switches start acting up...

#2335 5 years ago

^^^ That does not look right. The switches should not be bent like that at all. They should be perfectly straight.

Here is a pic of my production trough:
20180422_094737 (resized).jpg20180422_094737 (resized).jpg

#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So upon review the trough “ball detect switch” blades are clearly supposed to be completely straight. However, it seems like the model Spooky is using has a design flaw or something. I ended up replacing mine with Williams ones, which worked perfectly and I suspect will continue to do so. (https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=384)
The Spooky/Stern ones have the blade end bent and embedded flush into the switch body and the blade needs to compress a hard rubber “ball” to close the switch. It seems quite difficult to do so, in my case the blades were simply bending around the ball as there really is no space for the blade to pivot down onto the ball.

The Williams ones mount the blade on a raised section on 2 pivot points over a typical plastic microswitch peg and they easily close due to the increased leverage and lighter resistance in the switch.

So if your trough switches start acting up...

I think you did this when you were trying to adjust your switches earlier. Adjusting a switch's blade is far more subtle than closing the gap on a leaf blade. Very minor bends make a big difference. When you adjusted them, it looks like it was too much and introduced full bends into the blades, it made them lose their proper action.

For adjusting through switches, just a tiny flex right near the actuation point has a big effect. Also, keep in mind that flexing the blade so the roller is a tiny bit higher is how you add pressure to the switch actuator. But flexing that blade too much will cause ball hangups or bad registration.

Finally, if you adjust too far, you need to flex the blade down in the same spot or you end up with a wavy or twisted blade.

#2337 5 years ago

Looking for some help. Just got my TNA about 10 days ago and had some people over last night for some play and at the end of the night the left flipper started sticking up. When you turn the game off it goes down. Turn the game back on and it goes back up when you press the start button, and stays there. So i turn it back off to not burn out the coil. I have followed the wires back to the back box and reseated the connectors but unfortunately it did not solve the problem. Any suggestions?

#2338 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think you did this when you were trying to adjust your switches earlier. Adjusting a switch's blade is far more subtle than closing the gap on a leaf blade. Very minor bends make a big difference. When you adjusted them, it looks like it was too much and introduced full bends into the blades, it made them lose their proper action.
For adjusting through switches, just a tiny flex right near the actuation point has a big effect. Also, keep in mind that flexing the blade so the roller is a tiny bit higher is how you add pressure to the switch actuator. But flexing that blade too much will cause ball hangups or bad registration.
Finally, if you adjust too far, you need to flex the blade down in the same spot or you end up with a wavy or twisted blade.

Yeah I probably did all that trying to get them to work again.

I had at least one that went out of adjustment about 5 weeks ago that I bent up a notch and it fixed it. Then another this week and I messed them all up trying to sort it out. However, I’ve never had to adjust trough switches before (well on BK but those are blade switches), and after futzing with these I don’t think they are as reliable as the Williams ones. It takes too much force to close the switch IMHO, so the blade has to be absolutely perfect to be reliable.

Maybe I just had a bad switch and these normally are pretty reliable, but for my $ I’ll take the Williams ones anyday. Ironically, they are also slightly less expensive on the PBL site.

TheNoTrashCougar thanks for posting that pic.

#2339 5 years ago
Quoted from MobRoller:

Looking for some help. Just got my TNA about 10 days ago and had some people over last night for some play and at the end of the night the left flipper started sticking up. When you turn the game off it goes down. Turn the game back on and it goes back up when you press the start button, and stays there. So i turn it back off to not burn out the coil. I have followed the wires back to the back box and reseated the connectors but unfortunately it did not solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Never mind. I tinkered with the the spacing on the flipper switches on the cab and it solved the problem. Should have figured that out before i posted. I am hung over. All good.

#2340 5 years ago

My 9 year old daughter had a sleep over party. I have TNA sitting side by side with my DILE.

All weekend they wanted to play co-op mode on TNA. They love working together to beat the reactor. High fives and good times. And always they wanted me to also play co-op with them. Which turned it into a great bonding time.

My wife who isn’t yet into pinball also got really into co-op.

So I have to say for us co-op is the single best feature of TNA!!

8C9CE8EF-D10C-40F2-9D18-B634FC5808CC (resized).jpeg8C9CE8EF-D10C-40F2-9D18-B634FC5808CC (resized).jpeg

#2341 5 years ago

Co-Op is fun - i was playing on location and saw a guy put in 20 credits and told him about it - we played some and he wanted to find two other players to play 4-player with. Very cool. Would be neat if there was high scores too for that.

#2342 5 years ago

Yah we made I through reactor 4 together. High fives and cheering. But the girls were sad when they didn’t get to register the app 2M score.

Having a co op high score would have meant a lot to the girls.

#2343 5 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar noticed a few potential bugs today and one feature anomaly question...

First off, unrelated, I love the Mystery awards it cycles through that aren't real - so funny - not sure if I've seen appreciation for those before but well done

Bug: In multiplayer games, I've noticed for sure that if you hit both flippers to speed through the bonus collect, it won't give you the correct bonus. Noticed this just now where it said something like "x' bonus 12,000 and was going to go through the rest of the bonuses and I hit both flippers and the total bonus amount was less than the 12,000 so I know that wasn't right. I felt like I had a lot of lower than normal bonuses before when flipping both flippers to speed through it so not sure how frequently this happens and/or if it happens on single player games too.

Another thing I've noticed at times is the flashing lane up top will not be movable if you get the ball back up before the skill shot clears. Not sure if it's supposed to do that or not?

Finally the anomaly is that if you have multiple players make the high score board on a multiplayer game, it did let the highest score enter theirs first, but then did not go in descending order. It let P4 enter first (highest score), then P3 (who was beat by P1) and finally P1. Thought that was a bit weird but if that's how you intended it no big deal. Wasn't sure if it might have been affected by the 'speed-up-the-bonus' thing mentioned earlier since it was the same game and the scores were close...

Here's some screen grabs: (high score 4 (P3) was prompted to enter initials before P1)

IMG_2351 (resized).jpgIMG_2351 (resized).jpg
IMG_2352 (resized).jpgIMG_2352 (resized).jpg

#2344 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

thenotrashcougar noticed a few potential bugs today and one feature anomaly question...
First off, unrelated, I love the Mystery awards it cycles through that aren't real - so funny - not sure if I've seen appreciation for those before but well done
Bug: In multiplayer games, I've noticed for sure that if you hit both flippers to speed through the bonus collect, it won't give you the correct bonus. Noticed this just now where it said something like "x' bonus 12,000 and was going to go through the rest of the bonuses and I hit both flippers and the total bonus amount was less than the 12,000 so I know that wasn't right. I felt like I had a lot of lower than normal bonuses before when flipping both flippers to speed through it so not sure how frequently this happens and/or if it happens on single player games too.
Another thing I've noticed at times is the flashing lane up top will not be movable if you get the ball back up before the skill shot clears. Not sure if it's supposed to do that or not?
Finally the anomaly is that if you have multiple players make the high score board on a multiplayer game, it did let the highest score enter theirs first, but then did not go in descending order. It let P4 enter first (highest score), then P3 (who was beat by P1) and finally P1. Thought that was a bit weird but if that's how you intended it no big deal. Wasn't sure if it might have been affected by the 'speed-up-the-bonus' thing mentioned earlier since it was the same game and the scores were close...
Here's some screen grabs: (high score 4 (P3) was prompted to enter initials before P1)

These bugs are definitely known, but thank you so much for verifying for me. Please, if you are competing, remember not to skip the bonus count!

I am working on these and will have a patch with a couple new little things in it for you guys soon!

Any other bugs, please let me know, I am not offended. Thank you!!!

--Scott

#2345 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

My 9 year old daughter had a sleep over party. I have TNA sitting side by side with my DILE.
All weekend they wanted to play co-op mode on TNA. They love working together to beat the reactor. High fives and good times. And always they wanted me to also play co-op with them. Which turned it into a great bonding time.
My wife who isn’t yet into pinball also got really into co-op.
So I have to say for us co-op is the single best feature of TNA!!

someone blocked the bathroom door and I have to PEE!!

#2346 5 years ago

Anyone have this problem? Seen it twice where if the ball hops onto the left plastics it will just drain since there isn't a post to bump it into the inlane like most other games that have similar plastic situations on the left have? Not sure if later TNAs have a taller post to prevent that?

IMG_2404 (resized).jpgIMG_2404 (resized).jpg

#2347 5 years ago

I've had the ball up on a few of the plastics, but not that one in particular.

Stuck, only one danger warning to get it out:

IMG_20180322_173703 (resized).jpgIMG_20180322_173703 (resized).jpg

#2348 5 years ago

Not on a plastic but this one took a surprising amount of "nudging" and a warning to get undone.

IMG_20180416_165527 (resized).jpgIMG_20180416_165527 (resized).jpg

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Not on a plastic but this one took a surprising amount of "nudging" and a warning to get undone.

Lol - your odds of winning the lottery are probably better than landing that.

#2350 5 years ago

I’ve had a similar stuck ball situation.

2484D4CD-9B78-4B98-8B88-F5D03A8993FE (resized).jpeg2484D4CD-9B78-4B98-8B88-F5D03A8993FE (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/47?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.