(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 239.
#2201 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, none of those coils are firing which I didn't realize before. All of the wires seem very intact with some pretty generous tugging. Where to look next?

The switches on the slings tend to get mashed together over time. Remove the plastics and adjust them so they have a slight gap when the rubber is one but the ball isn’t hitting them.

You can use the switch test in diagnostics to see them firing as well.

#2202 5 years ago

All of the wires seem very intact with some pretty generous tugging. Where to look next?

Looking at the chart Kingpin posted, I'd track down the J11 connector on the solenoid boards re-seat it. It looks like there's 2 boards that handle the coils (shown on the chart at least), so there may be 2 J11's. I'd reseat both to be sure. For reference, here's the board(s) you'll be looking for: https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4754

#2203 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, none of those coils are firing which I didn't realize before. All of the wires seem very intact with some pretty generous tugging. Where to look next?

First go to coil test in the service mode and see if the coils fire. If they do not, check fuses, then check for shorts. If they do, then go into switch test and check the switches. If switches do not work, follow the wires back from them and see if there are any issues.

--Scott

#2204 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

So my sub makes that awful “flub” sound end of game when the bass really hits. You know that sound you don’t want to hear out of a sub.
I went to adjust it (sub volume knob closest to the front of the cab) and oh my goodness it’s touchy. Tinyest change and the sub goes nuts.
Is it possible to tweak the sub to get an easier adjustment?

Scott talks about adjustments to the amp here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/33#post-4247418

#2205 5 years ago

Hey Guys,
Co Op Mode is ready! I just posted the latest software on my site for you guys to download.

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=1388

Here is the changelog:

v1.2.0.00 – 04/08/2018 – Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
– Quickshot video lag issue fixed.
– Adjusted debounce on top CORE rollovers, now will not miss hits off the upper flipper
– Fix for stuck 4x multiplier in multiball
– Lightshow stuck lamp issue fixed
– Flipper hold boost PWM patterns changed to minimize heat and noise
– Ball save issue after reactor destroyed fixed
– Fixed ball save issue during multiball
– Major performance update for lightshows – Thank you Josh Kugler!
– More secret skillshot bug fixes (now worth 100,000 points)
– Lightshow handling updates to prevent rare stuck on lights issue
– Lots of other little things that were bugging me that are not worth mentioning

## Features Added / Modifications ##
– Added target free game setting in coin op settings for operators to control advanced match logic
– Co Op Mode added!
– Team VS Mode added!
– New Jackpot voice callouts
– Kill target locations now regenerate if you hit 20 unlit kill targets – protects location
play if a target gets broken. This is also a setting in the service menu
(Critical Target Miss Threshold)
– Sound volume setting no longer in service menu
– Removed trough jam and warning messages from LCD
– Service Menu now highlights settings that have been changed from the default value
– Super spinner now gets harder to achieve each time it is earned
– Orbit combo logic and scoring reworked now with multipliers!
– Bonus tally can now be skipped to the total bonus screen by pressing both flipper buttons
– Ball save for multiball is now independently adjustable in the service menu
– Ball save on reactor destroy now adds 5 seconds to the current ball save or starts a new 5 second
ball save

#2206 5 years ago

Okay, I re-seated J11 (that was actually pretty tough! that connector is really in there tight) with the blue wires and tested all coils. Here are the coils NOT working:

Upper flipper (main and hold)
knocker
RBG output (not sure what those do...LED tests pretty normal except the "release" and "lock" inserts not coinciding with the rest of the playfield)
left scoop
shaker
all core slings

I would have already tested the fuses but they are encased in plastic and I'm not familiar with that so wasn't exactly sure how to remove them for testing.

Thanks in advance for the next suggestion. I need to get my baby up and running again so I can get new code installed. I probably only have 20-30 games on it myself so far and really need to get into this bad boy.

#2207 5 years ago

Okay, I re-seated J11 (that was actually pretty tough! that connector is really in there tight) with the blue wires and tested all coils. Here are the coils NOT working:
knocker
RBG output (not sure what those do...LED tests pretty normal except the "release" and "lock" inserts not coinciding with the rest of the playfield)
left scoop
shaker
all core slings
I would have already tested the fuses but they are encased in plastic and I'm not familiar with that so wasn't exactly sure how to remove them for testing.
Thanks in advance for the next suggestion. I need to get my baby up and running again so I can get new code installed. I probably only have 20-30 games on it myself so far and really need to get into this bad boy.

The covers themselves just pop off of the fuses. I would start with the fuse since all of the coils you have listed are on the same line.

all of those are tied together. follow the blue wire itself to from the board to the first coil. the power lines run from coil to coil. if the first one came off then everything downstream from that will not work.

you can email me at [email protected] if you like so it doesn't get lost in this thread.

#2208 5 years ago

knocker
left scoop
shaker
all core slings

Definitely a fuse. I had those same coils not working. I believe it’s the board on the right, bottom fuse.

#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Definitely a fuse. I had those same coils not working. I believe it’s the board on the right, bottom fuse.

YEP! blown fuse. Of course I don't have this fuse on hand.

#2210 5 years ago

Amazon has them for about $8 a pack.

#2211 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Amazon has them for about $8 a pack.

careful with Amazon and Ebay. We have had more than a few reports of people that purchased "slo-blo" fuses only to find out they were not. We prefer to go through someone like Pinball Life as we know they check them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1580

#2212 5 years ago

Certainly there’s some sort of commercial electronics place in Knoxville he can buy slow blow fuses from

#2213 5 years ago

So, it uses a 6.3mA slo-bro? (that is the link you posted). It looks like when I try to read the fuse it was maybe something like 14mA. I'll have to find it again and try reading it again. I have some 6.3 laying around. If 6.3mA work, I'd be ecstatic! (Also, when reading the fuse itself, how do I tell if is a slo-bro?) Just need to make sure I have the right thing.

Dang older eyes! Even with some readers on those little buggers are hard to read!

#2214 5 years ago

Dang older eyes! Even with some readers on those little buggers are hard to read!

Take a picture with your phone and then blow it up to read it. I saw a co-worker do this and was like, wow... that's pretty smart.

#2215 5 years ago

I don't have any 5x20mm fuses but I'd like to get some as spares. Is there a fuse list?

Cheers,
Neil.

#2216 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I don't have any 5x20mm fuses but I'd like to get some as spares. Is there a fuse list?
Cheers,
Neil.

Always worth having this size fuse in the spares box as well as the larger glass type. The smaller ones are used in wpc-95 and pin2k to.

#2217 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Co Op Mode is ready! I just posted the latest software on my site for you guys to download.

Congratulations! Co op mode is the best thing in pinball, since the invention of multi-player games

Seriously, I played this mode all night at Ed's place two weeks ago (beta version) and we had a blast. It's a lot of fun and a great concept/idea to "battle the game" together!

#2218 5 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Always worth having this size fuse in the spares box as well as the larger glass type. The smaller ones are used in wpc-95 and pin2k to.

oh I didn't notice they are used in WPC 95. thanks.

#2219 5 years ago

So, it uses a 6.3mA slo-bro? (that is the link you posted). It looks like when I try to read the fuse it was maybe something like 14mA. I'll have to find it again and try reading it again. I have some 6.3 laying around. If 6.3mA work, I'd be ecstatic! (Also, when reading the fuse itself, how do I tell if is a slo-bro?) Just need to make sure I have the right thing.

No, they are 4A Slo-Blo fuses. that is just the default that the page goes to. Click the drop-down menu and select the 4 amp ones.

#2220 5 years ago

– Major performance update for lightshows – Thank you Josh Kugler!

You're welcome!

#2223 5 years ago

Oh, sure...you agree publicly, but just last night you were saying you were completely against the notion. WHAT IS IT, SCOTT?!

#2224 5 years ago

Waiting ‘patiently’ for game #128.

The beer we have chosen to pair with our unboxing, due to its heavy hop character, is likely less patient. Though, it’s gonna have to wait just a wee bit longer...

418D682F-C537-4CA6-BFDF-DE2D18B0EDF7 (resized).jpeg418D682F-C537-4CA6-BFDF-DE2D18B0EDF7 (resized).jpeg

#2225 5 years ago

Has anyone successfully loaded 1.20? I get the back-up, but it stays on v1.10... Any tips?

#2226 5 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Has anyone successfully loaded 1.20? I get the back-up, but it stays on v1.10... Any tips?

Works fine for me. Just put the tna-gamecode.pkg file on a thumb drive, put it in the game PC's USB port, turn on the game and wait. If you don't see the Spooky updating screen, something's not right.

#2227 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Works fine for me. Just put the tna-gamecode.pkg file on a thumb drive, put it in the game PC's USB port, turn on the game and wait. If you don't see the Spooky updating screen, something's not right.

False alarm... Human error.

#2228 5 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

You accidentally put the wrong version on your USB stick. When you download the file, make sure it is not putting a (2) or other number on the file name. This happens when you download files with the same file name into your downloads folder on Windows. Make sure to save the file with the name "tna-gamecode.pkg".

--Scott

#2229 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Oh, sure...you agree publicly, but just last night you were saying you were completely against the notion. WHAT IS IT, SCOTT?!

You know, I changed my mind...

I disagree.

--Scott

#2230 5 years ago

You accidentally put the wrong version on your USB stick. When you download the file, make sure it is not putting a (2) or other number on the file name. This happens when you download files with the same file name into your downloads folder on Windows. Make sure to save the file with the name "tna-gamecode.pkg".
--Scott

Yeah, had a (1) at the end that I didn't notice because I was so excited and rushing... lol. All good. Worked it out last night and had tons of fun. Great update Scott. The Flipper Room has the new code and we are ready to party.

#2231 5 years ago

That pretty much describes my pinball skills.

#2232 5 years ago

My family and non-pinhead friends all thank you for releasing the sweet new code Scott!!!
Reactor 9 is going down, tonight!

38BE94E9-A135-4543-B579-0E74337ECE4F (resized).jpeg38BE94E9-A135-4543-B579-0E74337ECE4F (resized).jpeg

Scott Danesi IS truly AWESOME!

#2233 5 years ago

Playing co-op vs playing competitively really changes the dynamic of playing the game. It is literally a game changer. Innovation baby!

Scott Danesi is awesome!

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Playing co-op vs playing competitively really changes the dynamic of playing the game. It is literally a game changer. Innovation baby!
Scott Danesi is awesome!

I think what Scott is doing thinking outside of the normal box much like Safecracker is different from other pins, it puts TNA in a great position as something different in a collection of mostly same games for me because I have all modern pins of the last 10-16 years.

Plus it gives a different twist on the way you play.

Just hope it’s easy to figure out how to start what type of game. I’m hoping maybe this will get my wife or kids interested in pinball.

#2235 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think what Scott is doing thinking outside of the normal box much like Safecracker is different from other pins, it puts TNA in a great position as something different in a collection of mostly same games for me because I have all modern pins of the last 10-16 years.
Just hope it’s easy to figure out how to start what type of game. I’m hoping maybe this will get my wife or kids interested in pinball.

My 9 year old is all over TNA and likes it a lot better than my DI. I think the simplicity and light show is really appealing. Even as it brutalizes you. Cranking it up to 5 balls and increasing the save timers made it family friendly..

The thing is, it’s making my DI a lot less fun.. it seems pathetically slow now.

#2236 5 years ago

This Co-op thing really is awesome.

I love the innovation. Great job Scott!!

I think this is the clincher. I will need this game in the collection.

#2237 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Basically, you credit up, then when you press Start, you hold it until it says Co-Op mode. Then from what I understand, if you press Start and hold it again, it'll change it to Co-Op Vs. mode (P1,P3 vs P2,P4) and you can add the rest of the players. I've not done Co-Op Vs Mode yet, but I'm sure it's just as fun!

#2238 5 years ago

upgraded to 1.2.0 no issues. haven't played co-op mode yet, need to find some friends first LOL

#2239 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Basically, you credit up, then when you press Start, you hold it until it says Co-Op mode. Then from what I understand, if you press Start and hold it again, it'll change it to Co-Op Vs. mode (P1,P3 vs P2,P4) and you can add the rest of the players. I've not done Co-Op Vs Mode yet, but I'm sure it's just as fun!

Close. For first credit hold until co-op mode. Then for vs. a second long hold. Now for vs. you must load 4 players or the game reverts to standard co op mode.

#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Close. For first credit hold until co-op mode. Then for vs. a second long hold. Now for vs. you must load 4 players or the game reverts to standard co op mode.

Dear lord that’s complicated. Hopefully it have onscreen instructions.

92631F86-B062-482C-8974-6C65B5955036 (resized).jpeg92631F86-B062-482C-8974-6C65B5955036 (resized).jpeg

#2241 5 years ago

Maybe Scott can program in an selection screen for modes? Credit up, use flippers and start button to select mode, depending on how many credits are added, you can only select certain modes (unavailable modes would be grayed out). Would make it easy for the user. Can be done 8-bit style. Megaman start screen comes to mind

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Dear lord that’s complicated. Hopefully it have onscreen instructions.

It sounds harder when described than it actually is.

#2243 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Dear lord that’s complicated.

It’s probably best that you don’t buy a new car either then Rai.
Or set a digital watch,
Or get in an elevator solo,
Or...

#2244 5 years ago

Ball Baron is offering a cool deal exclusively for the TNA community this weekend......(shh, don't tell anyone)

Buy a minimum of 20 Ninja pinballs, the shiniest ball on the planet, for $1.65/ea (normally $1.95/ea).

1. Add at least 20 Ninja balls to your cart:
https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/
2. Apply coupon code "tnaweekend" at checkout. Enjoy!

Offer expires Sun 4/15/18 @ 11:59pm EST.

#2245 5 years ago

Co-op mode is such an awesome idea. My wife enjoys pinball but she's never going to play as much as me so there's no point really in competing, but working together to beat our co-op high scores? That would be a huge hit in our house. Man, if I could get one of these in a couple of months I'd have purchased it already. It's such a great game, basically pinball boiled down to it's essence (or something like that, maybe?).

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Co-op mode is such an awesome idea. My wife enjoys pinball but she's never going to play as much as me so there's no point really in competing, but working together to beat our co-op high scores? That would be a huge hit in our house. Man, if I could get one of these in a couple of months I'd have purchased it already. It's such a great game, basically pinball boiled down to it's essence (or something like that, maybe?).

Get in line now. Sell your TAF. Get a cheaper machine (early SS) to hold you over. Hone your skills in said early SS, before you know it, your TNA will be ready, and you'll be a pro on newly acquired TNA. BOOM!!!(bookaboombookaBEEP!)

#2247 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hopefully it have onscreen instructions.

It does.

#2248 5 years ago

A visual guide for the TNA start button-ly challenged!
(As seen during attract mode.)

Exhibit A:
C6F9FC57-1F5A-4D04-9470-C18581339D22 (resized).jpegC6F9FC57-1F5A-4D04-9470-C18581339D22 (resized).jpeg

Exhibit B:
50695606-4398-46B7-A107-3C6F29D39D56 (resized).jpeg50695606-4398-46B7-A107-3C6F29D39D56 (resized).jpeg

In closing,
Scott Danesi is AWESOME!

#2249 5 years ago

Just unboxed #277 today and I was wondering if anyone else had an issue around the lockdown bar mechanism?

The latch does not go in all the way into the bar notches, the bar itself does not go down low enough to align with the sliding mechanism... the brass screw are all the way up so the sliding mech is at high as it seems to be able to go but it is still too low to slide in nicely. It is only missing like a smidge but enough so it does not lock all the way -_-
Could it be that the locking mech was screwed on the cabinet just a little low? anything else that can be adjusted?

It also feels like the playfield "S shaped" hook at the front of the playfield which goes into the sliding lockdown mechanish isn't going in all the way on the left. Not much but enough that the PF at the bottom is higher on the left side.

Both issues could be potentially related, nothing major but enough to be a bit painful... Any clue?

thanks!

#2250 5 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Just unboxed #277 today and I was wondering if anyone else had an issue around the lockdown bar mechanism?

#277? Spooky must have really turned up the production this week!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
10,000 (Firm)
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.