New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,292 posts
  • 525 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by ArcadeBar
  • Topic is favorited by 213 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,171 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TNA How To Play (resized).jpg
20201030_082611 (resized).jpg
D25091D3-9256-4A85-A1A0-7C8ED89313BF (resized).jpeg
20201025_195005 (resized).jpg
20201025_203119 (resized).jpg
20201025_195934 (resized).jpg
TA Main7 - 1.4.2 Release (resized).jpg
D3261B9D-37B5-487F-A2D6-A6A0814F4709 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 7.30.05 AM (resized).png
197A6275-7BBF-4DF4-A65F-17881242A4E5 (resized).jpeg
2020-10-19 16.15.13 (resized).jpg
2020-10-19 16.09.17 (resized).jpg
2020-10-19 16.09.26 (resized).jpg
2020-10-19 16.09.00 (resized).jpg
TNA CoOp Poster.pdf (resized).png
20201018_151526 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7292 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 146.
#2101 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wow, that's a lot of out of the box adjusting. Are they all needing this? Heard about the springs and was hoping they changed to the newer heavier springs at Spooky. Guess when I get the call I should order those to have on hand.

Nope, besides springs on the first few batches, i don't think there has been much.

Like any machine, you should check all for tightness before playing. I think the flipper springs are fixed on newest batches?

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wow, that's a lot of out of the box adjusting.

Completely disagree. That is nothing for NIB adjusting from any company.

#2103 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wow, that's a lot of out of the box adjusting. Are they all needing this? Heard about the springs and was hoping they changed to the newer heavier springs at Spooky. Guess when I get the call I should order those to have on hand.

My TNA has over 1k plays on it and the only adjustments I've had to make are to the sling switches to make them less sensitive and one switch in the reactor was firing on it's own. That is it. The game has been issue free.

I did figure out how to erase the high scores this morning. If you clear the audits it will also erase the high scores. Just an FYI..

#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I've had two NIB. Hobbit needed no adjustments and SW premium had one loose connector to an opto that needed a little push. So, springs, weather stripping, and multiple speaker adjustments seems like a lot to me for a NIB. Not starting an argument, just letting you know where I'm coming from.

#2105 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I've had two NIB. Hobbit needed no adjustments and SW premium had one loose connector to an opto that needed a little push. So, springs, weather stripping, and multiple speaker adjustments seems like a lot to me for a NIB. Not starting an argument, just letting you know where I'm coming from.

Only thing that was needed in that case was springs. The rest was things done as a personal preference as that owner seemed to have a rattle with base turned up. At least that is how I ready it.

You don't need anything like what was listed.

#2106 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Not starting an argument, just letting you know where I'm coming from.

I wasn't starting an argument either. No worries my friend.

#2107 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

You should be all good. The springs have been addressed a while ago.

--Scott

#2108 2 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

It says the light side rails use an open power source. How easy was the install? Does it use power that would go to Shaker or knocker? because I ordered both of those.

Hardest part was getting the side rails off. You can connect it to an open power spot. Mine has the shaker and knocker too.

Only question I have is will I have a spot for the lighted grills.

#2109 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Hardest part was getting the side rails off. You can connect it to an open power spot. Mine has the shaker and knocker too.
Only question I have is will I have a spot for the lighted grills.

These lighted side rails run on the 48v Output of the power distribution board on the game. There are 2 open ports for mods. You will be able to plug in the Accessory Power Supply from Pinball Life AND these side rails. The lighted grills plug directly to the driver boards in the backbox. You are all good.
--Scott

#2110 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

These lighted side rails run on the 48v Output of the power distribution board on the game. There are 2 open ports for mods. You will be able to plug in the Accessory Power Supply from Pinball Life AND these side rails. The lighted grills plug directly to the driver boards in the backbox. You are all good.
--Scott

Great news. Thanks Scott.

#2111 2 years ago

Added: cage over beacon and pulsing back light on top. Cage is from a 60’s blast proof light fixture. Speaker covers in radiation symbol. Also have a pair of these I might put on top.

image (resized).jpg

161660F9-ED3B-4BA8-83D2-FE6BF5EE1575 (resized).jpeg

F8978D9F-9CF3-4EEB-BE0B-FD7C4ED0B82F (resized).jpeg

#2112 2 years ago

Those are some nice additions!

#2113 2 years ago

Does anyone know how many TNAs have been produced so far?

#2114 2 years ago

About 110 so far, maybe a few more than that.

#2115 2 years ago

Last I saw was 112. Only 12 more to go until I get mine!

#2116 2 years ago

Feels like it's been at 110 for a month now.

Maybe the next 227 people will drop out and I'll be next in line.

#2117 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It really does seem like there hasn't been any real movement in the last few weeks. Maybe it's just perception...

#2118 2 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

It really does seem like there hasn't been any real movement in the last few weeks. Maybe it's just perception...

They had TPF. Recovering from TPF. Launching Alice. Lots of stuff.

I think it's to their disadvantage in terms of the "transparency" they have on every shipment that goes out being discussed here. It's easy for customers to get hypercritical, with no visibility of all the things a small company has to do day to day.

#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I think it's to their disadvantage in terms of the "transparency" they have on every shipment that goes out being discussed here. It's easy for customers to get hypercritical, with no visibility of all the things a small company has to do day to day.

I know Charlie has to inspect every game personally before they go out, so it definitely makes a good bit of sense. Hopefully actual production wasn't stalled during that time though. There's many more shows to go to, and if they all cause delays that won't be good when they are trying to produce multiple games.

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I beleive they are ON number 112 or so. Last reported shipped BUT I would say The produced number is 20-30 higher. Over sees, butter, and location make up the rest.

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Yet alone quality is a number one goal. They do not want playfield problems or have to deal with recalling something.

#2122 2 years ago

This was the number one item I bought for my TNA....$9

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

This game is hard enough as it is. There is nothing more frustrating than hitting standup targets & the hits aren’t registering, especially that damn D in RAD. With this tool, I was able to make the target leaf switch gaps to super sensitive, but not so much that you get phantom strikes when the shaker kicks on. Also helps to adjust the slings in the core, you’ll get more action up there.

Game is a fricking blast!

#2123 2 years ago

Are there multiple post mounting points for the outer drains? Just thinking of ways to make mine n00b friendly.

#2124 2 years ago

Yes

#2125 2 years ago

Had a shoot tonight and thought this guy reminded me a little of thenotrashcougar

10539_ThePearl_040218_0074 (resized).jpg

10539_ThePearl_040218_0123 (resized).jpg

10539_ThePearl_040218_0094 (resized).jpg

#2126 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This was the number one item I bought for my TNA....$9
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518
This game is hard enough as it is. There is nothing more frustrating than hitting standup targets & the hits aren’t registering, especially that damn D in RAD. With this tool, I was able to make the target leaf switch gaps to super sensitive, but not so much that you get phantom strikes when the shaker kicks on. Also helps to adjust the slings in the core, you’ll get more action up there.
Game is a fricking blast!

What does the RAD targets do? Same question for the 1-2-3?

As far as production goes, I’ve had literally zero issues out of box. I put all leg levelers down set it up and started playing. Haven’t measured the incline but seems to be playing great. I think sound is great out of box. Balls looked fine to me so I’ve been using them. (Guessing maybe from Pinball Life? - scott?), playfield is perfect. Easiest setup I’ve ever done.

#2127 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

As far as production goes, I’ve had literally zero issues out of box. I put all leg levelers down set it up and started playing. Haven’t measured the incline but seems to be playing great. I think sound is great out of box. Balls looked fine to me so I’ve been using them. (Guessing maybe from Pinball Life? - scott?), playfield is perfect. Easiest setup I’ve ever done.

Complete RAD to light mystery award.

#2128 2 years ago

RAD targets light mystery award at scoop, they are also frequently used as targets to destroy the reactors. The 1-2-3 targets increase reactor value, and if completed in order 1-2-3 max out value of the reactor.

#2129 2 years ago

Thanks! Sometimes it seems the rad targets are easier to get off the slings or pop bumper.

One more thing, I know the lane save lights activate a lane save if you spell lane but then sometime the light is a different color (red maybe?). Is there a general explanation of the save feature (which is really fun to have and to get). I’m just not 100% sure how it works.

#2130 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If your slings up there are not sensitive switch adjusted then try giving it a nidge up when the ball comes down from the upper lanes to get some action.

There is a setting to change the sensitivity?

#2131 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

There is a setting to change the sensitivity?

I think he was referring to increasing the coil power.

#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think he was referring to increasing the coil power.

No adjust switch sensitivity so that light hits set off the slings. Otherwise it will feel dead.

#2133 2 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

No adjust switch sensitivity so that light hits set off the slings. Otherwise it will feel dead.

Where is that adjustment?

It is dead which is why balls drain from the upper play field without an opportunity to flip them - even with a big nudge. Ruins the game, IMO.

#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Where is that adjustment?
It is dead which is why balls drain from the upper play field without an opportunity to flip them - even with a big nudge. Ruins the game, IMO.

Leaf switch adjustment. You have to take the plastic off, move the rubber out of the way, and adjust the rear contact blade so they are closer together. If you don't have a leaf adjuster tool, a thin flat blade screwdriver works. Usually 1/8" gap is tight enough for super sensitive switches without phantom hits from playfield vibrations.

#2135 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Leaf switch adjustment. You have to take the plastic off, move the rubber out of the way, and adjust the rear contact blade so they are closer together. If you don't have a leaf adjuster tool, a thin flat blade screwdriver works. Usually 1/8" gap is tight enough for super sensitive switches without phantom hits from playfield vibrations.

Thanks.

Unfortunately this one is on location but I will mention it next time I am there.

#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.
Unfortunately this one is on location but I will mention it next time I am there.

Gotcha. Definitely worth mentioning.

#2137 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.

my tip was for you to just nudge the game when the ball is dropping into the upper pf area. Often a correctly timed nudge is enough to get that first sling to fire (even if the switch needs some adjustment to be more sensitive) and then you will get more action in the upper pf area.

Best if of course to ask the operator to adjust the switches for a bit more sling action.

#2138 2 years ago

If the ball is dropping down a lane that doesn't give much action (usually the "O" if I recall correctly) grab the game and wiggle side-to-side as it exits the lane. This should cause it to either veer left toward the flipper, or right toward the sling. Then give it a sharp, well-timed forward nudge if your sling isn't very sensitive.

#2139 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I sometimes wake up with panic sweats when I have flashbacks to the amount of time it took to get my GBLE playing correctly. Literal hours of fixing stuff (drop targets too low, shipped with 3 busted switches, one way gate backwards, opto had a cracked pin on the board, and much more) before I could even play it casually. That was crazy.

#2140 2 years ago

Thanks! Sometimes it seems the rad targets are easier to get off the slings or pop bumper.
One more thing, I know the lane save lights activate a lane save if you spell lane but then sometime the light is a different color (red maybe?). Is there a general explanation of the save feature (which is really fun to have and to get). I’m just not 100% sure how it works.

So when it is reddish it means that the save has been stacked. Meaning you have at least two drain saves ready to go. Drain one, save -> autoplunge and another drain save is already enabled. You can configure drain save stacking in the options menu.

Clarification,
I think this is how it works. Once my TNA gets here in a couple of months I can confirm this

#2141 2 years ago

At the end of the interview Scott talks about ‘speed run’ of the game. This is something I was thinking about since the beginning when discussing how it’s like a video game like Mario where you can try to complete a level in the shortest time. I wonder if that could be something that you can track like a high score table, quickest time to 4 reactors or something.

It may not mean anything because pinball is usually about high score but if you want to play it just to beat a time from before or have a contest with multiplayer it would be interesting not worry as much about score but just the time.

#2142 2 years ago

Regarding the time run idea, I would love to see a time-attack style mode where you have unlimited balls and the goal is to destroy all nine reactors in the shortest time... each ball you lose gives you like a 10 second penalty maybe? I’m so stoked on the game as-is that anything else would be gravy at this point

#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Regarding the time run idea, I would love to see a time-attack style mode where you have unlimited balls and the goal is to destroy all nine reactors in the shortest time... each ball you lose gives you like a 10 second penalty maybe? I’m so stoked on the game as-is that anything else would be gravy at this point

I could see games going for hours for us folk that aren't any good

Maybe have a time limit for each reactor. Reactor one is 10 minutes, reactor 2 is 8 minutes, reactor 3 is 6 minutes, etc. Any leftover time after completing a reactor gets added to the next, like a survival mode.

#2144 2 years ago

Or more time for each reactor, if you don’t destroy reactor 1 in one minute your drain (countdown/hurry up style). If you survive, reactor 1 you get 2 minutes for the second reactor etc.

you’re going to be looking at the clock as you get down to it, like on Woz TNPLH you havd to get it done and it makes the pressure more intense.

#2145 2 years ago

Really neat ideas!

#2146 2 years ago

Hey Everyone,
Owlnonymous is streaming TNA right now. This is the latest beta code with all the co op modes and bug fixes in it. Will we see reactor 9 tonight?

https://www.twitch.tv/owlnonymous

If this code looks good, it will post the release ASAP!

--Scott

#2147 2 years ago

Destroyed 4 reactors last night again, but poorly timed destructions almost all came right after draining out of multiballs, had a better score two nights before with only two reactors destroyed but for max value and one during a 4x multiplier with the add-a-ball. Such great strategy in this game.

#2148 2 years ago

#112 being delivered Saturday Party this week at my house and the straight to The Sanctum for its permanent home.

#2149 2 years ago

Just received my TNA and put a few games on it. Love it!

Only one issue so far - my 48V supply (a meanwell SE-600-48) has a SUPER loud fan. Video below.

Seems like something is wrong with it? I have several meanwell supplies on other stuff and I’ve never heard one like this?

Thanks!

#2150 2 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Just received my TNA and put a few games on it. Love it!
Only one issue so far - my 48V supply (a meanwell SE-600-48) has a SUPER loud fan. Video below.
Seems like something is wrong with it? I have several meanwell supplies on other stuff and I’ve never heard one like this?
Thanks!
» YouTube video

It's loud and normal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Mirage, CA
There are 7292 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 146.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside