(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 239.
#2051 6 years ago

Could probably rig one of these off the backbox too?

DISCO (resized).jpgDISCO (resized).jpg

#2052 6 years ago

I love all you guys and hate all you guys at the same time.

#2053 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am just working on a million things at once.

Well, if you’d just upload the new code let’s say...tonight, that’d be one less thing on your “to do” plate Scott.

#2054 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Aurich, if you have a problem.. you’re always welcome to PM me

I am entirely comfortable writing everything I did in public, thanks though.

#2055 6 years ago

Two fiddy still feels an eternity away!
I can’t wait!

#2056 6 years ago

How we looking with the speaker covers?

#2057 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well, if you’d just upload the new code let’s say...tonight, that’d be one less thing on your plate Scott.

You don't want the current state code right now. I am currently working on it.

#2058 6 years ago

Don't drop your laptop in the hot tub.

#2059 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Don't drop your laptop in the hot tub.

I will try not to this time.

#2060 6 years ago

My TNA is shipped and making it's way to the west coast! Looking forward to getting my butt totally kicked by this thing.

#2061 6 years ago

I would like a mod/topper that is an arm which gives my a Doug style high five anytime I get a new high score.

Can someone please make that happen?

#2062 6 years ago

Someone wake me when spooky ships ~190. The wait is agonizing.

#2063 6 years ago

What #s are shipping now?

#2064 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I don’t think the fog machine & laser light show add up to a million things

Just tap into the beacon, right?

#2065 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like a mod/topper that is an arm which gives my a Doug style high five anytime I get a new high score.

Can someone please make that happen?

That sounds awesome.

Cointaker will have the Laseriffic toppers in a few weeks. If you write them they will put you on the list to be notified when it arrives.

#2066 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

#107 gets delivered tomorrow

#2067 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

#107 gets delivered tomorrow

Congrats!

#2069 6 years ago

His foggy phone pics will make that topper fit with all the fog machine talk as well.

#2070 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it's weird that Scott created his game, and wrote all the music for it, made the music a huge part of the theme — every reactor has a fully custom song, the music even interacts with the shooter lane — and people want to ask him to let them take it out and replace with their own music. Stop and think for a moment, if this was your game, and you spent 2 years making it all work together, would you be flattered when someone asked you to let them take your music out? I wouldn't be.
Scott is my friend, so of course I want to stand up for him, but I'm really speaking about what it's like to be a creator in a community. People can 'suggest' things in pretty insulting ways. Probably they don't mean to be, but that doesn't really change that fact that they are. Try and have some respect for how hard someone worked for this.
It's fun to customize pins. I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, a lot of people have changed their games with my translites. You bought the game, I consider it yours to do with as you like. But take charge of it yourself in a personal way, and don't ask the creator to do the work for you.
Sometimes suggestions are rude, it's okay to call that out. It's how we learn.

My TNA is next to my Tron, they're a good pairing. Also both good pins for new players, easy to understand. TNA especially, I'm teaching a lot of people to play that I never bothered to show my pins before.

Not trying to argue here, but I don’t see a nicely worded ask as rude. The guy just wanted to toss out his opinion/ask. Scott ultimately built the game and decides.

With any software development, you let the business tell you what they want. You ultimately ignore 95% of it or explain why the request doesn’t make sense. You don’t flatten them because then they stop suggesting things and you lose the 5% of value that the creator never thought of.

Again, I’m not advocating for the request. I couldn’t care less. Just pointing out that 10 posts made fun of the guy’s ask, when one from Scott (which he made) could have said “no thanks”. Scott even went the extra mile and explained it, which in its own is a lot of work.

#2072 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

His foggy phone pics will make that topper fit with all the fog machine talk as well.

next mod idea... Doug's actual cell phone

It takes your high score photo (ala Dialed in) but of course it is so blurry that nobody will ever know it is you, lol!

#2073 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

#112 left spooky yesterday. Headed to The Sanctum

#2074 6 years ago

Sterns exciting Iron Maiden announcement did nothing to dampen my enthusiasm for this game. I'm more excited than ever.

A container needs to go to our friends in Australia first but I'm getting close with #132.

#2075 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

#112 left spooky yesterday. Headed to The Sanctum

I have to get my ass over to see you guys.

#2076 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sterns exciting Iron Maiden announcement did nothing to dampen my enthusiasm for this game. I'm more excited than ever.

Totally different games. One of my friends in Germany got hooked on the music. I really think if it was sold in Europe it would be off the hook popular.

#2077 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have to get my ass over to see you guys.

Sure do! You ever been here?

#2078 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

A container needs to go to our friends in Australia first but I'm getting close with #132.

You are a wise man, Mr. Mitchell. A very wise man.

#2079 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Sure do! You ever been here?

I have not. But I am looking forward to it.

#2080 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have not. But I am looking forward to it.

New league starts Monday. We encourage new people to join. Amazing group of people every Monday.

#2081 6 years ago

Highly likely buying this, once the UK distributor is sorted and taking orders.

First (and only planned) NIB. Love the style.

Will the game always end after reactor 9, or will there be anything after that? Not that I’ll be reaching that very often!
E.g. the game restarts and all subsequent scoring is doubled (like completing SuperHero on Spider-Man), or something...?

#2082 6 years ago

From the videos the game just ends after reactor 9. I’m sure over time Scott will plant new Easter eggs.

#2083 6 years ago

Is there a limit to how many there going to build?

#2084 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Is there a limit to how many there going to build?

No, when sales slow, they’ll do a final call

#2085 6 years ago

tempted to get one while I wait for potc to comes out..

#2086 6 years ago

6 month waiting line. It’s not an impulse buy.

#2087 6 years ago

Any must have options? Are the plastic protectors a good idea?

#2088 6 years ago

How often can you guys get action on the upper flipper when you get the ball into the upper play field? I played about 15 games on location and it seemed that less than 50% of the time could I get the ball over to the flipper and sometimes it would miss the scoop entirely when falling thru.

I also had a lot of rebounds from the reactor jackpot targets sdtm.

Other than those 2 things, the game was addicting.

#2089 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How often can you guys get action on the upper flipper when you get the ball into the upper play field? I played about 15 games on location and it seemed that less than 50% of the time could I get the ball over to the flipper and sometimes it would miss the scoop entirely when falling thru.

It's pinball. Those things happen. TNA never gives cheap drains, but is punishing for poorly made shots. That's part of the reason why we love this game.

#2090 6 years ago

Are the rules posted somewhere?

#2091 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Upper pf flipper action for me is the majority of the time it goes up there. If your slings up there are not sensitive switch adjusted then try giving it a nidge up when the ball comes down from the upper lanes to get some action.

As for missing with a fall thru, you will learn the skill of ensuring to slow the ball down once you need to drop into scoop to enable a reactor onlines.

Once you get your own game or more time on one, you will adjust to this.

#2092 6 years ago
Quoted from JamesMxP:

Shaker motor. Mirror Blades depending on your tastes.

Quoted from pinden007:

Pinball is hard

Quoted from tonycip:

tempted to get one while I wait for potc to comes out..

Oh my sweet summer child

#2093 6 years ago
Quoted from JamesMxP:

I think most of upgrades offered are affordable and probably worth getting them all.

From Spooky:
Plastic Protectors - I like the clear protectors and the look as though they belong there.
Side graphics

From Pinball Life: (these can be shipped direct to Spooky and installed on your game at production)
Shaker motor
Knocker
Mirror blades - my preference

The only expensive upgrade is the “butter” cabinet at $999. Total luxury option. I’m going to pass on this one, but I’ve seen it in person and it’s beautiful.

#2094 6 years ago

Set up mine today. Great game. All above options but no butter. Will get the speaker lights when available.

Love the low rumble when reactor is critical so definitely get he shaker. I went with mirror blades and they are great. Plastic protectors factory installed is a no brainer.

3FC67325-12C6-4F00-A877-7096420DCA2B (resized).jpeg3FC67325-12C6-4F00-A877-7096420DCA2B (resized).jpeg

#2095 6 years ago

Lit side rails look awesome too.

0CD4117D-5808-47B5-8BFA-90C3984F8F66 (resized).jpeg0CD4117D-5808-47B5-8BFA-90C3984F8F66 (resized).jpeg

#2096 6 years ago

Wow the machines look fantastic. Counting down the days!

#2097 6 years ago

On a more serious note...
I'm unboxing my TNA tomorrow night! Anything special I need to do as far as extra Mylar or new balls? This is my first Spooky game so just making sure.
Also, I've been so stoked about this pin and what Spooky is doing that I went ahead and purchased a ACNC. Can't wait to see what number.
Scott, thanks for all of your hard work. My son and I met you at SFGE last year. The whiteboard TNA was the most fun we had and we have been patiently waiting for this day ever since.

couple things I did.

Replace all the flipper return springs (had two break on the first day)
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-364 (these work really well)

take out the big 48V? (back middle cab) power supply and add a few strips of weather stripping on the bottom. I don't remember what thickness I used, doesn't need to be thick though. Screw it back in (make sure all the screws on the power supply are tight. I Was missing a screw on the PS, Motherboard screws work really well.) might even be a good idea to thread lock them.

https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Density-Insulation-Weather-Stripping/dp/B06XCGYFLP/ref=sr_1_4

There was a smaller 12v power supply (back right of cab) and do the same thing to it. (this one only has two screws, make sure the back one is in)
Velcro down the power brick as well. (don't remember what it was hooked to)

They make some clanky noise when the bass drops, doing this seemed to stop all the unwanted noise.

Put the main volume in the coin door at like 7 or 8
then
adjust the volume, bass & treble for the backbox speakers. adjust the volume & frequency for the woofer via the amplifier.
(might be easier to adjust base by it self, by unhooking backbox speakers) I didn't try this but, maybe you can just turn the backbox down independently with the amp.

I adjusted it using the main song and reactor 1 song since they had different lows. Tried to find an even balance, for me it sounds really good now!

#2098 6 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of out of the box adjusting. Are they all needing this? Heard about the springs and was hoping they changed to the newer heavier springs at Spooky. Guess when I get the call I should order those to have on hand.

#2099 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Lit side rails look awesome too.

It says the light side rails use an open power source. How easy was the install? Does it use power that would go to Shaker or knocker? because I ordered both of those.

#2100 6 years ago

Set up mine today. Great game. All above options but no butter. Will get the speaker lights when available.
Love the low rumble when reactor is critical so definitely get he shaker. I went with mirror blades and they are great. Plastic protectors factory installed is a no brainer.

I'm two hours away. See you in a few

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/42?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.