(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 239.
#2001 6 years ago

Scott... curious, would it be hard or too time consuming to add in a feature?

If possible I’d like to add music audio files to the sound track , just for the main song... I’d like to keep the existing soundtrack, but add songs that could be mixed in at random for the main song that plays.

I don’t know what the file structure looks like, but maybe have a separate folder that just has the main game title in it and add songs to it that the system would mix in, in a random order.

I would love to have this please, if not too time-consuming to incorporate .

#2002 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

If possible I’d like to add music audio files to the sound track , just for the main song... I’d like to keep the existing soundtrack, but add songs that could be mixed in at random for the main song that plays.
I don’t know what the file structure looks like, but maybe have a separate folder that just has the main game title in it and add songs to it that the system would mix in, in a random order.

sds (resized).pngsds (resized).png

#2003 6 years ago

This flyer magically appeared on my arcade wall of every flyer of every machine I own, have owned, or will own.

Guess it only means one thing. TNA incoming

IMG_3956 (resized).JPGIMG_3956 (resized).JPG

#2004 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This flyer magically appeared on my arcade wall of every flyer of every machine I own, have owned, or will own.
Guess it only means one thing. TNA incoming

that's a cool idea.

#2005 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hey man,
This would be very time consuming for me and really would not work out as nice as you think. There is complex sound logic having to do with my shooter lane groove and the BPM of each track. This is one of the reasons the bass drop after shooting the ball sounds so good, it is in time with the music and not just randomly started once the ball is launched. Sorry man.
--Scott

#2006 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey man,
This would be very time consuming for me and really would not work out as nice as you think. There is complex sound logic having to do with my shooter lane groove and the BPM of each track. This is one of the reasons the bass drop after shooting the ball sounds so good, it is in time with the music and not just randomly started once the ball is launched. Sorry man.
--Scott

What?! You mean you can't change software to the whim of every pinsider?! GOOD DAY SIR. I SAID, GOOD DAY!

#2007 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What?! You mean you can't change software to the whim of every pinsider?! GOOD DAY SIR. I SAID, GOOD DAY!

We need to start a thread for PTLTFUGFCTCOF.

Pinsiders that like to fuck up games from companies that communicate on forums.

I have bought 3 games from Spooky and I swear I have seen over 100 Pinside suggestions for changing the game that made me cringe.

#2008 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I wish I could, but then I would never get anything done and TNA would be a cluster of ideas that made no sense as a whole. If something is suggested that fits into the overall vision I had for TNA, then I may add it, but I hope you guys understand that most suggestions will not be. I am definitely not offended by people suggesting things, but please don't be offended if I do not add it.

Also, I fucking love that Willy Wonka reference, I use it all the time and only about 30% of people get it.

--Scott

#2009 6 years ago

I've thrown suggestions and ideas out there too. I think it is really awesome to have someone even entertain those ideas, with a slight possibility of it implementing. At the same time, you are definitely at the helm, and I absolutely have zero expectations that it would get implemented. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you do your thing, because it is definitely a good thing. I was satisfied with it in the whitewood phase. To see what it has morphed into today is going above and beyond. The cherry on top. And to hear that there are still MORE things to come?! Mind = blown

#2010 6 years ago

Could you add some pop up gopher mechs?

#2011 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

and a fireball spinner!

lol

#2012 6 years ago

Damn it’s hot in here, all the flames are making me sweat beads of glory.

You don’t know if you don’t ask, I have a machine that can do this and it’s an incredible feature. I didn’t understand the intricacies of the code with the music, OK fine. Scott thank you for being a gentleman.

#2013 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Damn it’s hot in here, all the flames are making me sweat beads of glory.
You don’t know if you don’t ask, I have a machine that can do this and it’s an incredible feature. I didn’t understand the intricacies of the code with the music, OK fine. Scott thank you for being a gentleman.

lol, dont sweat too much. Scott loves the sharing of ideas even if pinside shuts you down

#2014 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and a fireball spinner!
lol

and a tiny little fog machine!!!

#2015 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

and a tiny little fog machine!!!

The little fog machine should have been implemented for the molded smoke stack that should have been the pop bumper.

#missedopportunity #newbdesigner #WasScottDanesiEverAwesome

#2016 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is there a meltdown wizard mode after you beat reactor 9 with crazy synth music and the ultimate light show and a chance for another 2mil in points.?

Not that I’ll ever ever beat 9 reactors. I will need a menu option to make it a 3 reactor wizard mode.

#2017 6 years ago

I wish I could, but then I would never get anything done and TNA would be a cluster of ideas that made no sense as a whole. If something is suggested that fits into the overall vision I had for TNA, then I may add it, but I hope you guys understand that most suggestions will not be. I am definitely not offended by people suggesting things, but please don't be offended if I do not add it.
Also, I fucking love that Willy Wonka reference, I use it all the time and only about 30% of people get it.
--Scott

As long as all my suggestions make the cut Scott, you're golden.

EDIT: Hmm, I noticed that snazzy new I\m/ game has a really cool bonus meltdown. Just sayin'

#2018 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I will need a menu option to make it a 3 reactor wizard mode.

already an option. You can set it to 1 if you want

Actually a fun 4 player dollar game as it changes the strategy of when/how to kill your only reactor to max points.

#2019 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

hange software to the whim of every pinsider?! GOOD DAY SIR. I SAID, GOOD DAY!

Feeling slightly ashamed that the first time I read that it was in Fez's voice from That 70's Show

#2020 6 years ago

I would like a laser show and a fog machine

Not piling on chosen_s, I’m serious

#2021 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Not piling on chosen_s, I’m serious

A fog mod would be fun with a large blast on each reactor destruction.

#2022 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

You get that with the upcoming "Hardbodies" machine.

#2023 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

A fog mod would be fun with a large blast on each reactor destruction.

It would look really cool with the beacon light going, there would be red beams of light visible in the fog! That could be a cool light show in it's own right. It could also provide an added level of difficulty--playing through the smoke of destruction from the recently destroyed reactor!

#2024 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Hell of a choice for a first machine. Hopefully when your collection inevitably grows to more then one game you are able to be satisfied with something else because this one is truly one of a kind.

I would ideally like 3 games. This. A funhouse because i grew up playing it, and am actually quite good at it, unlike TNA. And then Star Trek Stern or ballys 70 Star Trek. I know two totally different games.

#2025 6 years ago

I love how you can no longer even suggest an idea on the internet without 10 anonymous people piling on to tell you how horrible you are for suggesting something.

#2026 6 years ago

Mine shipped, can't wait to be part of the club. I think TNA will look good next to all the Trons I have.

#2027 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I love how you can no longer even suggest an idea on the internet without 10 anonymous people piling on to tell you how horrible you are for suggesting something.

I think it's weird that Scott created his game, and wrote all the music for it, made the music a huge part of the theme — every reactor has a fully custom song, the music even interacts with the shooter lane — and people want to ask him to let them take it out and replace with their own music. Stop and think for a moment, if this was your game, and you spent 2 years making it all work together, would you be flattered when someone asked you to let them take your music out? I wouldn't be.

Scott is my friend, so of course I want to stand up for him, but I'm really speaking about what it's like to be a creator in a community. People can 'suggest' things in pretty insulting ways. Probably they don't mean to be, but that doesn't really change that fact that they are. Try and have some respect for how hard someone worked for this.

It's fun to customize pins. I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, a lot of people have changed their games with my translites. You bought the game, I consider it yours to do with as you like. But take charge of it yourself in a personal way, and don't ask the creator to do the work for you.

Sometimes suggestions are rude, it's okay to call that out. It's how we learn.

Quoted from flynnsbit:

Mine shipped, can't wait to be part of the club. I think TNA will look good next to all the Trons I have.

My TNA is next to my Tron, they're a good pairing. Also both good pins for new players, easy to understand. TNA especially, I'm teaching a lot of people to play that I never bothered to show my pins before.

#2028 6 years ago

I think that someone should create a smoke machine mod. Then whoever wants it can add it.

#2029 6 years ago

Mine is shipping soon. I just can’t friggin’ wait!

#2030 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

What you fail to realize is that every stupid suggestion that gets implemented screws with a game I spent 6K on.

#2031 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it's weird that Scott created his game, and wrote all the music for it, made the music a huge part of the theme — every reactor has a fully custom song, the music even interacts with the shooter lane — and people want to ask him to let them take it out and replace with their own music. Stop and think for a moment, if this was your game, and you spent 2 years making it all work together, would you be flattered when someone asked you to let them take your music out? I wouldn't be.
Scott is my friend, so of course I want to stand up for him, but I'm really speaking about what it's like to be a creator in a community. People can 'suggest' things in pretty insulting ways. Probably they don't mean to be, but that doesn't really change that fact that they are. Try and have some respect for how hard someone worked for this.
It's fun to customize pins. I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, a lot of people have changed their games with my translites. You bought the game, I consider it yours to do with as you like. But take charge of it yourself in a personal way, and don't ask the creator to do the work for you.

My TNA is next to my Tron, they're a good pairing. Also both good pins for new players, easy to understand. TNA especially, I'm teaching a lot of people to play that I never bothered to show my pins before.

I wouldn't want to change the music....but maybe an option to randomize the reactor songs would be nice. That way I'll actually be able to hear the music for reactors 5,6,7,8,9 in my lifetime.

#2032 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I wouldn't want to change the music....but maybe an option to randomize the reactor songs would be nice. That way I'll actually be able to hear the music for reactors 5,6,7,8,9 in my lifetime.

Co-OP mode has solved that for you

2, 3, or 4 players all on the same team working together to blow up all 9 reactors.

#2033 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

2, 3, or 4 players all on the same team working together to blow up all 9 reactors.

...and you can set it to 10 balls per play.

40 balls ought to be enough to destroy 9 reactors.

#2034 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

One would think...but I'm pretty terrible, so add another zero and I might have a chance

#2035 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The music is on Spotify and iTunes. You can hear it anytime you want regardless of skill. I’ve only heard the fourth reactor on the game but enjoyed the rest in my car.

#2036 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm still laughing at this one.

#2037 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

I will resist the urge to do this when I get my game. I want to earn it and with it being my only machine I have the rest of my life to get better at it. But I may break a few years down the road.

#2038 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The music is on Spotify and iTunes. You can hear it anytime you want regardless of skill. I’ve only heard the fourth reactor on the game but enjoyed the rest in my car.

Yes - I purchased all of the songs on iTunes so at least I have heard the others....just never from the pinball itself.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Haha - that's how I'm able to hear 3 & 4.

#2039 6 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

I will resist the urge to do this when I get my game. I want to earn it and with it being my only machine I have the rest of my life to get better at it. But I may break a few years down the road.

Initially I’ll setup my TNA super easy, since I still suck, and it’s great to still make progress. Meanwhile advance the difficulty as I get better at it..

On my DI I started with super easy presets, and it reduced the frustration enough to really advance my flipper skills.

Now I can do decent live catch, drop catch, post pass. Still lacking the intuition and execution big time.

What really got me hooked and buying a TNA is watching how it forces great flipper skills, emphasis on control, variety of back hand shots, deceptively simple rules, killer light show, killer sound. Basically the perfect pure pinball machine.

#2040 6 years ago

On a more serious note...

I'm unboxing my TNA tomorrow night! Anything special I need to do as far as extra Mylar or new balls? This is my first Spooky game so just making sure.

Also, I've been so stoked about this pin and what Spooky is doing that I went ahead and purchased a ACNC. Can't wait to see what number.

Scott, thanks for all of your hard work. My son and I met you at SFGE last year. The whiteboard TNA was the most fun we had and we have been patiently waiting for this day ever since.

#2041 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

On a more serious note...
I'm unboxing my TNA tomorrow night! Anything special I need to do as far as extra Mylar or new balls? This is my first Spooky game so just making sure.
Also, I've been so stoked about this pin and what Spooky is doing that I went ahead and purchased a ACNC. Can't wait to see what number.
Scott, thanks for all of your hard work. My son and I met you at SFGE last year. The whiteboard TNA was the most fun we had and we have been patiently waiting for this day ever since.

Nice. I believe you said you were #107. I’m #112 so I’m hoping to hear about my delivery for next week then.

#2042 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Anything special I need to do as far as extra Mylar or new balls?

I tossed the stock balls and replaced from my stash, I didn't think the ones that came with my game looked that great. But I do that with every new pin I get.

#2043 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Nice. I believe you said you were #107. I’m #112 so I’m hoping to hear about my delivery for next week then.

I really wish you guys with lower numbers would get the hell out of my way.

#2044 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I really wish you guys with lower numbers would get the hell out of my way.

I’m trying. We’ll see if this game gets taxman out of his funk when it shows up.

#2045 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I’m trying. We’ll see if this game gets taxman out of his funk when it shows up.

Tell Taxman I'll send him a free Shine Guard. That should do it.

#2046 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Tell Taxman I'll send him a free Shine Guard. That should do it.

#2047 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I get what you’re saying and I have MAD respect for you and Scott, but GET off it! I wanted to add (outrun style) music from bandcamp that would mix perfectly that I would professionally mix in with the soundtrack, not just add in some Rush or whatever, it would be something I would share with whoever wanted it. I haven’t had time to discern that the mix was directly coded into the game, it’s always sounded as if there was a replaceable soundtrack. I don’t want to replace the great soundtrack... I think what Scott has done here is awesome, I’m not trying to stomp on it or be rude. I was requesting something that I thought would be a fun project I could add in to the game later on a forum where I thought it might be appropriate among peers and TNAs creator.

Scott, my apologies for any frustration.

Aurich, if you have a problem.. you’re always welcome to PM me

#2048 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yes - I purchased all of the songs on iTunes so at least I have heard the others....just never from the pinball itself.

Haha - that's how I'm able to hear 3 & 4.

You can hear all 9 tracks in sound test mode on the game

#2049 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I get what you’re saying and I have MAD respect for you and Scott, but GET off it! I wanted to add (outrun style) music from bandcamp that would mix perfectly that I would professionally mix in with the soundtrack, not just add in some Rush or whatever, it would be something I would share with whoever wanted it. I haven’t had time to discern that the mix was directly coded into the game, it’s always sounded as if there was a replaceable soundtrack. I don’t want to replace the great soundtrack... I think what Scott has done here is awesome, I’m not trying to stomp on it or be rude. I was requesting something that I thought would be a fun project I could add in to the game later on a forum where I thought it might be appropriate among peers and TNAs creator.
Scott, my apologies for any frustration.
Aurich, if you have a problem.. you’re always welcome to PM me

I am not frustrated don't worry. I am just working on a million things at once.
--Scott

#2050 6 years ago

I am not frustrated don't worry. I am just working on a million things at once.
--Scott

I don’t think the fog machine & laser light show add up to a million things

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/41?hl=hayrebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.