(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,939 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Cammy
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 881 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191017_194050 (resized).jpg
EBCE8101-92C2-4E21-B8A4-37B7444D586E (resized).jpeg
18856A31-AB0F-4DA1-B70E-09100C758321 (resized).jpeg
7040F068-6C8A-415A-A622-12DD97392249 (resized).jpeg
20191015_161637 (resized).jpg
20191015_155403 (resized).jpg
20191015_155103 (resized).jpg
20191015_154829 (resized).jpg
IMG_3275 (resized).JPG
IMG_3276 (resized).PNG
C09040D7-FCE6-4A6A-8DD3-B3EABC2AAF9C (resized).jpeg
TNA boot screen (resized).png
20190914_094031 (resized).jpg
videotogif_2019.09.14_09.52.05.gif
1557255128460 (resized).jpg
DFE23556-43E8-4348-97E6-60E3E9A6EA5E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 5939 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 119.
#1951 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I had never seen or played a TNA before TPF. To be honest, I didn't understand what all the fuss was over - no modes, no ramps, no toys, minimal cab/playfield artwork. But yet - all my friends that had one kept telling me how awesome it was. Heck - Bryan Kelly actually owns *2* TNAs!
On TPF Thursday night, some friends introduced my son and I to Scott. Scott is a super cool guy and spent a full 20 minutes walking us through the ruleset and features of the game. After a couple of games, I finally get it. It's frustrating, yet addictive. It shoots like butter and allows you to consistently make shots if you have the skills...and consistently fail if you don't. It has great visual feedback and audio feedback as well. But here's why I love the game - it's the first pinball I've played that makes me *want* to become better at pinball. My son came to TPF with virtually no pinball skills - but he left TPF knowing how to do dead passes, post passes, flick passes and multiball cradles. Finally, after 13 years - my son is starting to love pinball and learn the skills to play better.
My son purchased a translite and we were fortunate enough to have everyone involved in the game sign it at Spooky's booth.
Thanks Scott for an amazing game - I hope to be owning one of these very soon.

That’s what I signed!!

#1952 1 year ago

Should I plan on waxing TNA's playfield? ( sorry for the newb question, just not sure if it's needed with that type of clearcoat or just wipe it down with a cloth ) I also have a bunch of extra mylar sheets, are there spots I can use those on for TNA?

#1953 1 year ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Should I plan on waxing TNA's playfield? ( sorry for the newb question, just not sure if it's needed with that type of clearcoat or just wipe it down with a cloth ) I also have a bunch of extra mylar sheets, are there spots I can use those on for TNA?

clean with novus and wax with good 100% carnuba is cool (buff off the wax after it drie in case that was not clear).

Keep in mind that TNA is FAST already so wax will make it faster

I find no need for any additional mylar.

#1954 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

clean with novus and wax with good 100% carnuba is cool (buff off the wax after it drie in case that was not clear).
Keep in mind that TNA is FAST already so wax will make it faster
I find no need for any additional mylar.

Awesome, thanks!!

#1955 1 year ago

There is this one:

#1956 1 year ago

Has anyone had issues with certain lights locking on a color during game play and not being able to get off that color?

Here is an example of the lights under my left sling being stuck on red and the reactor core has a few lights stuck on blue. This can be fixed by resetting the game but it usually comes back and is not always the same lights. Yesterday it was the keypad lights getting stuck on red for me.

Thanks in advance for the help.

81019844-CF2E-4DE8-9466-621157231E87 (resized).jpeg

303BD989-CBAC-4584-B9A5-311FBDC3135B (resized).jpeg

#1957 1 year ago

It is one of the PD-LED board (green LED controller boards under the playfield) having a flaky power connection. Need to make sure the 2 pin power connector is seated properly and the wires seated properly in the IDC connector. Nothing serious.
--Scott

Addition info: you can trace back from one of the stuck LEDs to find the driver that is getting a flaky power connection.

#1958 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Let us know how this looks. Curious if it’s worth upgrading.

Quoted from bitpatrol:

Is it worth the upgrade? How does it look with the 13 led?

Thanks for your patience guys!

The upgrade: Cointaker’s 13 LED 89 bulb in RED
AC910E72-7E55-4008-9A83-9AA9C80E817D (resized).jpeg

In a lit room up close...
A80EF069-00D2-449B-8101-37CE1E1E081B (resized).jpeg

Facing forward in a dark room.
05E7149C-3BA3-4C5F-AD6A-15FE6E39107B (resized).jpeg

Facing away in a dark room.
5F480D26-D4AE-41E4-9A14-0091F2D270E9 (resized).jpeg

All in all I’m happy with how it turned out using the red version. It could be brighter if you went with a warm white option but, the beacon would get washed out to more of a pink hue if you used it.

The deep red is where it’s at.

I’d personally love somebody to create/3D print a clear vertically faceted diffuser dome to cleanly go over the 13 cob to blend the lighting a bit more.
Right now you can clearly see the individual LEDs underneath the beacon.
It’s not a dealbreaker but it is pretty obvious.

Still looks better than the stock 89 and really lights up the place at night.

Hope this helps folks!

#1959 1 year ago

Has anybody had any mechanical problems with their TNA? If so, how was it addressed by Spooky?

I got to play the unit that was in the TPF tournament area after tournament was over. This TNA lives in the arcade in Oklahoma City and I wanted to play it when coming home to Kansas. I dropped 3 coins and played one game. I dropped 3 more coins to play a second game and the ball lock mechanism locked up and had a ball trapped and would not allow a game to start. The arcade refunded my money but it left me wanting to know how this type of (warranty ?? ) work is covered with the manufacturer.

#1960 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Yesterday it was the keypad lights getting stuck on red for me.

There's a KEYPAD?

Is THAT how you initiate the super secret easter egg Phish music mode? Maybe enter a PIN#, like 0420 ?

#1961 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Has anybody had any mechanical problems with their TNA? If so, how was it addressed by Spooky?
I got to play the unit that was in the TPF tournament area after tournament was over. This TNA lives in the arcade in Oklahoma City and I wanted to play it when coming home to Kansas. I dropped 3 coins and played one game. I dropped 3 more coins to play a second game and the ball lock mechanism locked up and had a ball trapped and would not allow a game to start. The arcade refunded my money but it left me wanting to know how this type of (warranty ?? ) work is covered with the manufacturer.

Sounds like a wire came off either the opto to detect the ball there or the small release coil on that drop target where the ball was stuck?

With all pinball, simple and common repairs like soldering a wire that has come off, are on the owner. Esp after your game has had a few hundred plays (probably got over 500 just at TPF)

As for actual warranty stuff (a part prematurely breaks) they are the best in the business in my experience.

#1962 1 year ago

Welp, I'm officially in at #245. I was originally going to wait for Iron Maiden this month, but after the delay, I decided to jump on the game I know I like and wait for a chance to play Iron Maiden.

#1963 1 year ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Welp, I'm officially in at #245. I was originally going to wait for Iron Maiden this month, but after the delay, I decided to jump on the game I know I like and wait for a chance to play Iron Maiden.

Are you sure you are 245? If you just ordered, I don't think that is possible right? Did you take over someone else's spot?

#1964 1 year ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Are you sure you are 245? If you just ordered, I don't think that is possible right? Did you take over someone else's spot?

Yep, I was lucky enough to take over someone else's spot. I'm pretty excited since I waited so long I thought I was looking at Fall initially.

#1965 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

It is one of the PD-LED board (green LED controller boards under the playfield) having a flaky power connection. Need to make sure the 2 pin power connector is seated properly and the wires seated properly in the IDC connector. Nothing serious.
--Scott
Addition info: you can trace back from one of the stuck LEDs to find the driver that is getting a flaky power connection.

Thanks Scott. I didn’t think it was anything too serious. Checked the connections they all looked fine but I pushed them all firmly down and hoping that solves the issue.

#1966 1 year ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

bitpatrol what #are you?

#1967 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

bitpatrol what #are you?

I'm 234 KT told me late spring or early summer a couple of months ago!

#1968 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Thanks for your patience guys!
The upgrade: Cointaker’s 13 LED 89 bulb in RED

In a lit room up close...

Facing forward in a dark room.

Facing away in a dark room.

All in all I’m happy with how it turned out using the red version. It could be brighter if you went with a warm white option but, the beacon would get washed out to more of a pink hue if you used it.
The deep red is where it’s at.
I’d personally love somebody to create/3D print a clear vertically faceted diffuser dome to cleanly go over the 13 cob to blend the lighting a bit more.
Right now you can clearly see the individual LEDs underneath the beacon.
It’s not a dealbreaker but it is pretty obvious.
Still looks better than the stock 89 and really lights up the place at night.
Hope this helps folks!

Seeing as how Cointaker would like $30USD to ship me 1 of those to Canada, can anyone confirm which base of this bulb would work with TNA?

amazon.com link »

#1969 1 year ago

So they are basically making this game until the orders dry up? Hope they make some kind of "last call" before they stop and really hoping I can save up enough money before that happens.

#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

So they are basically making this game until the orders dry up? Hope they make some kind of "last call" before they stop and really hoping I can save up enough money before that happens.

A last call is exactly what Charlie has said he'll do.

#1971 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

at some point you would be able to find a used one

#1972 1 year ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I'm 234 KT told me late spring or early summer a couple of months ago!

I'm 198, and they are currently just above 100 now. At their current pace, I'm guessing I won't see my game until probably around late summer. Those original estimates were certainly based on their "2 games a day" mantra, which if the production numbers being delivered indicate, they are not meeting. I'm not complaining or anything, it will get here when it gets here, I just wouldn't get your hopes up that those original estimates are still accurate.

#1973 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm 198, and they are currently just above 100 now. At their current pace, I'm guessing I won't see my game until probably around late summer. Those original estimates were certainly based on their "2 games a day" mantra, which if the production numbers being delivered indicate, they are not meeting. I'm not complaining or anything, it will get here when it gets here, I just wouldn't get your hopes up that those original estimates are still accurate.

Maybe the first 100 took longer to build than the next 100 will take since they are fine-tuning production. I don't mind waiting, my guess is July 1st

#1974 1 year ago

Do you think #ACNC will slow production of #TNA? I am also not complaining, just curious.

#1975 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Do you think #ACNC will slow production of #TNA? I am also not complaining, just curious.

I don’t see how it would not, but I don’t think it will slow down production dramatically.

#1976 1 year ago

Highly recommend Hooked On Pinball’s lit side rails Flashinstincts decals:

D4766187-1AFA-4B9D-9776-4279EC4CE396 (resized).jpeg

3728A49C-C34F-41F8-BE15-4115AF621630 (resized).jpeg

1DF0FD42-DB20-4602-A32F-59EA3AE7BE18 (resized).jpeg

72A68E8F-2A73-403D-A35E-7FBD9C3F4604 (resized).jpeg

4D813D89-642A-4ABB-AE1C-4128B44A692D (resized).jpeg

FCBFDD18-B49B-4347-92D6-210E16C5A4DA (resized).jpeg

#1977 1 year ago

Nice, but looks like the best mod was getting a TNA added to that room!
Well done!

#1978 1 year ago

i like the target/pop decal, where are those from?

#1979 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

fun to be able to hang w/ you and play some games! Always great to find a pinhead with such similar taste in games and then we become easy friends in real life!
Wish I lived closer and could help out with your game room build project!

Yeah bro, WI to TX too much distance . I’d definitely put you to work . Hangin at TPF was rad! You’re on the immediate invite list when the game room is ready.

#1980 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Nice, but looks like the best mod was getting a TNA added to that room!
Well done!

That’s just the overflow - supposed to be temporary but has been a couple of months now. Hoping my wife eventually gives up on this room like she did on the other one.

#1982 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

i like the target/pop decal, where are those from?

Lol...

kaneda (resized).jpg

#1983 1 year ago

Any ideas for a pop cap design? That’s first up on my mod list. Thinking dome or core.

#1984 1 year ago

haha hilarious, i even look up the usual Pinball mode website first!

#1985 1 year ago

Has anyone gotten that shooter rod mod? I'm wondering if that is a good mod to get, it's not cheap

#1986 1 year ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Has anyone gotten that shooter rod mod? I'm wondering if that is a good mod to get, it's not cheap

I personally don’t care to pull flat coins on a stick a thousand times... not saying it is a coin style, but if it is, not for me

#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I'm not. Just don't think it adds anything. I'm also the type of guy who isn't a fan of button launchers outside of a few well done guns. Grey rods are tried and true.

#1988 1 year ago

My personal best .Started reactor 5 got it about halfway to critical . Learned a few helpful tactics watching Bowen play it in Texas .

20180325_211006 (resized).jpg

#1989 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

My personal best .Started reactor 5 got it about halfway to critical . Learned a few helpful tactics watching Bowen play it in Texas .

Congrats! My guess is Scott’s comments about some new good stuff coming code wise is going to be to code around Bowen’s strategy to increase the risk of using it and make you move the ball around the playfield more to re-light the locks. So...those tactics may be but a temporary safe haven.

#1990 1 year ago

Added a few extras to mine. Never get tired of hitting the start button on this game! Star posts are chrome, anodized lock nuts on playfield, target decals, leg and shooter light ups, lit buttons, shooter lane light, upper flipper is chrome , and lighted lower flippers with glow rubber. Also side lights from Hooked and armor is powdercoated a prism sparkle. One of a kind gameplay, one of a kind look!

C7276BFC-572E-47C3-9EFD-ADF54525D0FA (resized).jpeg
0BF6DBB6-692C-4B65-A831-A287ECB3684A (resized).jpeg
CF0E905F-0DFE-4700-823A-8BDF627B99AB (resized).jpeg

#1991 1 year ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Added a few extras to mine. Never get tired of hitting the start button on this game! Star posts are chrome, anodized lock nuts on playfield, target decals, leg and shooter light ups, lit buttons, shooter lane light, upper flipper is chrome , and lighted lower flippers with glow rubber. Also side lights from Hooked and armor is powdercoated a prism sparkle. One of a kind gameplay, one of a kind look!

Awesome. Do the lighted flippers distract at all? Think you can get a close up shot of the armor and star posts?

#1992 1 year ago

Here is a shot of lock bar. The legs and side rails are done the same as is shooter housing. Hard to get the effect in a picture, same with the flippers. They look brighter in a picture than they are, but the glow Titan rubbers work well with them. If you do a close up look of the first pics the star posts are there, again better in person as they give a little more light reflection. Bonus is the ones I removed can be used on other games anyway.

A27552D1-9236-4212-A0B6-926C94DEF3CC (resized).jpeg

#1993 1 year ago

Awesome that looks great

#1994 1 year ago

Where do I get those flipper lights?

Also, I already have mirror blades, but was planning on getting the side art option but having the mirror cover up the art... is that ok or will I damage the art when installing the mirror blades?

#1995 1 year ago

I’d say it’s side art or mirrors. The mirrors are adhesive. Lighted flipper kits were from planetary pinball, you need the pinball life power tap to run them off the 5volt lead.

#1996 1 year ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

armor is powdercoated a prism sparkle

Tasty! I'm going for the hottest pink I can find. Might have to throw some sparkles in the mix too

#1997 1 year ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

and lighted lower flippers with glow rubber.

All I keep seeing from that pic is the glowing condom fight scene from Skin Deep...

#1998 1 year ago

The lighted flipper bats are cool!

#1999 1 year ago

I'm in! Just sent my 1k deposit. Not sure what number I am yet but totally excited to be in the club sometime this year! My first machine!

#2000 1 year ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

I'm in! Just sent my 1k deposit. Not sure what number I am yet but totally excited to be in the club sometime this year! My first machine!

Hell of a choice for a first machine. Hopefully when your collection inevitably grows to more then one game you are able to be satisfied with something else because this one is truly one of a kind.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakville, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 11.95
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 5939 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 119.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside