(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thenotrashcougar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

887 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thenotrashcougar. You are on page 3 of 4.
#7261 3 years ago

New code it ready!!!!
TA Main7 - 1.4.2 Release (resized).jpgTA Main7 - 1.4.2 Release (resized).jpg

########################################
v1.4.2 - 10/25/2020 - Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
- Fixed reset issue on ball 2 with orbit status not resetting
- Fixed double flip issue during reactor start eject lightshow

## Features Added / Modifications ##
- Scorbit functionality added
- Added service menu option to show scores on LCD.
Machine (Standard) -> Scores On LCD
- Added ability to turn off backbox LED during gameplay.
Machine (Standard) -> Backbox LED On During Game
- Added Super Spinner progress on main screen
- Added ability for game to autolaunch balls if left unattended.
Machine (Standard) -> Unattended Launch Time
['Off','30sec','1min','3min','5min','10min'] - Default is Off
- More ball save grace period on right scoop eject if STDM.
########################################

https://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=4159

Let me know if you have any issues with the code!
--Scott

#7265 3 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

I installed V1.4.0 machine keeps crashing and going nuts. Reinstalled and the same thing. Shaker motor and knocker would also cause a crash and random crazyness.
Installed V1.4.1 which was supposed to correct the bugs of V1.4.1 and just got different bugs and still crashing.
Installed V1.4.2 which was supposed to correct V1.4.1 bugs and it too is causing crashes and weirdness but only those as described as the fix for V1.4.1 !!!!!!

Hey Eddie,
Sounds like you have some strange hardware issue. You may want to reach out to [email protected] to see if they have ever seen this. What exactly is happening? Are you using a FAT32 formatted flash drive?
--Scott

#7268 3 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

I just reinstalled V1.2.1 on a whim and the game is back to running fine.
I have no idea what is up with the 1.4.0 -1 -2 Versions of the code but the machine is not functioning with them.

Hey man, try installing the latest again. I have had a number of people install all of these versions with no issues like that at all.

Sorry you are having trouble with this. I think it is a flash drive issue honestly.

--Scott

#7269 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Scott,
Thank you for your assistance.
I replaced the micro switch on the second drop target as instructed and it made no difference in the errors I am receiving. Running the drop target cycle test it looks like this.
Also of note, the microswitches you directed me to sold through pinball life are different than what was in the machine. It is hard to photograph, but the arms on them are shorter. I replaced the arm on the new micro switch with the old one and made sure I could hear the "click" when it raised and lowered, but to no effect.
I have not had the game long and from what I can tell it is working, but still have the error code and having nothing to reference it against to know if it is behaving correctly or not besides the error code.
Great game and thanks for all the support!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

OK, you probably have a physical issue with the drop coil when it tries to put down the drop. Check and see if it is physically stuck and if a wire might have fell off the drop down coil on that target. As for the shorter actuator on the microswitch, this was a production change to make the switch more reliable.
--Scott

#7272 3 years ago
Quoted from Joey_Bada_Bing:

Added a Cliffy protector to my scoop and the fit and finish was spot on. Thanks Cliffy![quoted image]

Does that hang up on a slow roll from the reactor core to the scoop? Seems like it might need a cutout like the Tron one to prevent ball hangups, but I could be wrong.

#7277 3 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Success!
Go figure. I decided to take a video of the game working under the old Version and then the installing v1.4.2 for the 7th time to show what has been happening.
Installation went as always no issues then the reboot and the machine is working just fine with the new code.
Wish I knew the cause so as to what was happening.
I never had issues installing code an any game before including WOZ which is notorious for installing new codes.
I really like the machine its a clients that I shopped and did minor repairs. This is the first I had a chance to play it.
Great light show,Awesome sounds riveting gameplay.
Got to reactor 6 on only my 4th full game, wont be long before 9 is reached.

Awesome!!! Holy crap, you are a damn good player... I have not gotten further than that...
--Scott

#7279 3 years ago

Shaker motor shake something loose? Check the LEDs on your P3-ROC, PC, etc.

#7281 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Oh I'm sorry. Lost power to my house. Lol
It was strange that it happen when it did.

HAHAH! Now that is crazy!

#7286 3 years ago

I would recommend ditching the 3.5mm and using the RCAs as well. We switched to using RCAs in R&M.
--Scott

#7298 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Question about keeping high scores and settings ? I have just upgraded to 1.4.2 (which seems really crisp, thanks Scott), but I was expecting that the settings and user data would be retained now. Is there something I need ot do differently. I did have a lot of other files onthe USB stick (but only one pkg file).
Enjoying the super spinner count

Sorry, I have it programmed to clear the settings and high scores on a code update. If you want to see what they were it dumps them to the USB stick into text files.

#7300 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Good morning Scott.
So what can you tell us, if anything, about TNA 2.0 that Charlie mentioned on the Super Awesome pinball show interview???
I am excited to know it’s coming as I will be on the list to buy one for sure!
Expecting your RM pin in the next week or so. Just paid it in full on Friday... can’t wait to go pick it up! Should I pick you up on the way back so you can help me set it up? you’re on my way back home off the 90.

HAHA! Awesome. Yeah, so I guess Charlie spilled the beans a bit on a TNA rerun. I wouldn't really call this TNA 2.0, but I would call it a TNA Remake. The stuff I can share about it is pretty limited, but the game will essentially be the same. There will be a bunch of bolt on mods already done from the factory like the upgraded shoot again display, RGB lit drops, and it will have the latest backbox style of spooky cabinet. All the art, geometry, and software, will be the exact same and anything that is on the remade version can be bolted or installed on the original version (with the exception of the new backbox style). Well, I guess you could install a new backbox on your original if you were crazy enough. I probably shared too much..... Sorry Charlie. <3 There is absolutely no timeline on when this is going to happen though.

--Scott

#7305 3 years ago

This might be a dumb question but I’ll ask it anyway.
Will the new back box style mean the machine will be the same size as the other machines like RM and ACNC?

It will have the flip down LCD speaker panel like R&M. Everything is the same size.

#7320 3 years ago

You can also put the game in switch test mode and bang your fist on the playfield to see if any switches trigger. Make sure you are not using your hand with a watch on.

I do this a lot when I find a glitchy switch on a pinball machine.

--Scott

#7323 3 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

TNAr is going to totally de-value my OG TNA!!! I object! /sarcasm

Just do all the bolt-ons and make your OG a TNAr!!!

--Scott

#7325 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Ok I'll send you my mailing address. Haha
PS I'll supply my own bolts

HAHA!

#7339 3 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Thanks joelbob !

While i agree with thenotrashcougar on drilling, using a center punch or something can reduce walking of the screw (if OCD like me).
I just finished installing this mod and it really adds a level of threat to the game.
thenotrashcougar can you make joelbob 's post a key post? Finding it for reference for my install was a bit of a hike .
I would add that the screw for the wire ladder is a tad longer than original screws so pay attention when relocating and installing the mod.

Making a key post is above my pay grade. I really have no idea how to do it or if I am able to do it.
--Scott

#7363 3 years ago

Hey Everyone,
Here are my thoughts on the latest few posts.

Flipper delay: If you feel a flipper delay, make sure your flipper switches are adjusted properly. I have seen a few people ask about this and it just turns out the flipper switches were adjusted with too much gap causing the feeling of a delay.

Drop target not going down: If you are having drop issues, always try the drop test in the service menu first. You can then verify if your targets are able to cycle up and down by themselves. If the target is not dropping, look to see if there is something mechanical not allowing it to drop. I be either your drop coil (the little one on the left of the target mech) is disconnected, or the little brass finger is out of adjustment.

Standup targets: The foam on the back of the targets needs to get broken in. Just smoosh it with your finger. You can also remove it and cut it in half so it is half as thick. That will help with softer hits registering.

--Scott

#7373 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Are you able to post transfer from left and right on this game?
I can transfer from right to left, but when I try from the left, it just hops straight up, and SDTM.

Post passing ability has everything to do with the angle of your flippers, flipper rubber, levelness of playfield, etc. I can do it on my game most of the time, but it is not a gimme with this geometry.

Quoted from floyd1977:

Thanks to mackey256 for the under the playfield pic of the scoop LED mounting. It was very helpful. And thanks to TheNoTrashCougar for the software support!

If you guys are using this extra output to light the scoop, I should probably make it do more correct color stuff. I was basically just triggering different outputs so that modders could tap into this to have their mods know the status of the reactors.

Wonder if any mod people are planning to use this???

--Scott

#7391 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Does it visually look any different besides the dimming of the light? It is not like it has some crazy new colors or anything right?

Nah, nothing crazy new. This is just my new and improved design that is going into the TNA remake. I just made it as a drop in replacement in case anyone having issues with their current TNA score displays wants to just replace the whole thing with the latest hardware version.

--Scott

#7407 3 years ago

Yeah 7 is good. Remember that the steeper the game is, the more center drains vs outlane drains you will get, and the shallower the game is set, the more outlane drains you are going to have vs center drains.

Just put the game where you like the feel of it. You can also, for fun, check the center vs outlane drains in the Statistics menu in the service menu.

--Scott

#7424 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Loving the game, but have 2 issues.
1. The color on the left doesn't look right and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot color changing LEDs. Any ideas on where to start? It's like the colors on the left side don't match the ones on the right... there is not enough white.

The other problem is the drops... #2 doesn't always go all the way down. Will troubleshoot tomorrow when I lift the playfield to look at the lights. I already replaced the spring, but now it's like the drop is getting caught on it's way down.
All help appreciated.
Thanks Scott!

One of your Green LED driver boards is not getting a solid power connection. Check the 2 position power connector on teh board that those LEDs are plugged into.

The drop target is just like any other Williams drop target. Just pop it open and take a look at why it could be mechanically stuck or not working. Make sure the little drop coil is connected and make sure the brass finger is close to touching the actual drop target, but not touching it.

--Scott

#7437 3 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

Hello all
Should the ball hit the top of the right sling when coming down from the right orbit? I have it leveled 0.0 side to side and I have tried 6.5 and 7 degree slope. It seems like it was designed to hit the top of the right sling? If I shoot the left orbit, it comes around fast and goes directly to the right flipper missing the sling, but if there is a short plunge, it hits the sling.
Appreciate your help.
Todd

That is part of the geometry. Some people have bent their metal rails, but I would not recommend it as it could make a fast shot loop SDTM. If you short plunge it will hit the top of the sling.
--Scott

#7438 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

*Err don't bother short plunging for secret skillshots

The Super Secret Skillshot is disabled if you short plunge and try to cheat it.

#7441 3 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

or slap the right side of the game as the ball is coming down slowly to nudge it over to clear the sling. that Bowen demo/tutorial (TPF?) from a couple years back shows this repeatedly, and I do it often, but not always, cause I'm not Bowen.

I do this too. But just to clarify again, the way I designed the geometry on this game, a slow roller out of the right orbit will hit the top pf the right sling.

--Scott

#7451 3 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

A new issue popped up today. I am seeing random colors throughout the playfield and the timer clocks are jumbled.
Suggestions?
Also, all the ribbon cables underneath the playfield are hot glued to the boards. I dont know if that is stock or if a precious owner did that, but it complicates things. If I needed to remove the hot glue , how would I go about doing that without destroying every light board?
Also, I am on the lasted code 1.42.
I lifted the playfied and noticed all ribbon and molex connections have hot glue on them. I started the game back up again and it was back to normal, but before the end of my game, it was showing multiple colors and the timer was not showing real numbers on either timer. I am hoping this is something central and easy to fix considering it is impacting all of the lights. When I go into light test, it will not not show all green, blue, etc....it is all mixed.
I peeled the glue off of the ribbon cables between the bonus lamp board and the ball saver display and reseated those connections. This fixed the issue for half a game and it went back to the same issue. The bonus lights are all different colors and they stay solid and the clock is not readable. Is this likely a bad ribbon cable, another spot I need to reseat?
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Contact Spooky, but I have seen this before and this can be caused from a flaky power connection on the first PD-LED board in your chain. You can find the first board buy following the gray serial cable. It is the LED board that is closest in the chain to the backbox. The 2 pin power connector is not making good contact or is falling out of the IDC connector.
--Scott

#7459 3 years ago

What is super cool about the serial number of Spooky games is that it also has the Born On date on it.

Mine was made on 9/8/2017. Also, I really like my serial number.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7462 3 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

After much troubleshooting including testing continuity between each coil and all the way back to the board as well as actually changing the coil we suspected the board to be the issue. It turned out to be and We identified the driver on the board which was the issue. Spooky instructed us to swap the 2 boards in The game that were identical and to reset the dip switches. We did that, plugged it all back in and everything worked as that bad driver didnt power anything when the boards were swapped

That is actually a super effective way to diagnose driver issues without testing with a multimeter. You should now be able to identify which mosfet is bad and replace it.

#7465 3 years ago

My left illuminated side rail isn't going on.
Is there a diagram showing where the wire is on the side rail itself? I can see where the wire is tucked into the hole in the cabinet going to the rail, but have no idea where it goes from there.

Contact Hooked On Pinball here:
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/contact.html

He should get you back up and running.

#7467 3 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

During a game, game started acting weird. When turning the game on, drop targets cycle. Switch test shows that no opto switches are currently working, is it just the opto board gone bad or could something else be the issue?
Edit: ugh looks like something more wrong than optos. Right scoop opto works, but no other. Keypad switches and left stand up not working either. All were working fine earlier.

Broken ground wire on that switch bank.

#7473 3 years ago

That’s awesome!
Good to know too.... because I have DP
Ha ha, I will get a TNA one day! (Come on 2.0)
I’m greedy though so I will keep my DP and just convince the wife that we “must” have a TNA!
thenotrashcougar....
Scott your games are amazing!
Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for the kind words man. I really appreciate it. It is very humbling to hear that.

1 week later
#7486 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

How about adding a jukebox mode like stern has done to all there latest games. That way I can listen to the games wonderful music without going into test mode.

The full songs are actually not in the game at all. I released an album with the full songs on all the major streaming sites you can listen to for free. If you want to hear just the game loops, you can go into music test mode.

--Scott

#7489 3 years ago

Can I just put this in the maybe file?
--Scott

#7493 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Yesterday my TNA played fine as it always has but this morning, it wouldn't power on completely. The screen said no input signal. I rebooted it a couple times with no change.
Any clues what i should check 1st?

Hit the little power button on the pc just below the DC power jack. I bet the pc is just not powering on. I have seen this happen on a few machines.

#7496 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Do you mean just below? Just so people know, it's tiny.
It's white.
It points to the right.
Did I say it's tiny?
[quoted image]

Crap, yeah, that button. It is BELOW the DC Power jack. Make sure the game is switched on so the PC can power up.

--Scott

#7500 3 years ago
Quoted from Becenbarger:

Can anyone help me figure out what would cause these lights to always stay on and always be white? Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

Your serial cable for the green LED board that those are plugged into is loose or fell off. Follow one of the white LED wires back to the green LED board, then check that boards gray 3 pin serial wire.
--Scott

#7509 3 years ago

In my opinion, you should get the Green protectors and a shaker.

If you really want a set of clear, I can make a few sets and put them up on the PBL website on Monday.

--Scott

#7511 3 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

I just think the clear protectors would show more of the lighting affects and let you see the true color of the plastics, but maybe I’m wrong. Also, is there a settings list buried somewhere in this thread that shows how people have set up their games? I’m referring to preferred coil strength or is it just personal preference? On a side note, I tried playing some of my other games after playing about 10 games on TNA and it just feels like driving a governed car.

The defaults on the latest version of the code are the values that I recommend. The green protectors do distort the plastic colors slightly, but we factored this into the artwork. The green protectors actually are designed to glow like crazy during multiball as well.

#7526 3 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Ran into a minor issue this morning. When a ball is in the reactor and slings around enough to fully overheat the reactor, periodically power to the flippers will die. It’s just for a couple split seconds and comes back fully a few seconds after the ball is ejected from the reactor scoop. Not detrimental, but it prevents your from keeping the ball in the reactor for longer and can also affect your ability to live catch the ejected ball with the right flipper. This only happens when the reactor becomes overheated. A ball in the reactor before the keypad is completed does not cause this flipper power loss.
Thought this might be a code issue, as I was not fully updated, but now running the latest code and problem is still there. I’m thinking a loose connection somewhere is being jostled, but can’t find a culprit yet.

Sounds like a power issue. Play with the backglass off and see if the PD-16 boards are losing power. They will have the little red LEDs flicker if the power is not consistent. Its probably losing power when the shaker is activating from the vibration. Weird behavior though...

#7529 3 years ago

That is odd that all your coils including the shaker are cutting out. I wonder if your main 48v power supply is dying???

I will hit you up for some crawfish next time I am down in LA! jk jk Crawfish are my favorite though...

--Scott

#7530 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

That is odd that all your coils including the shaker are cutting out. I wonder if your main 48v power supply is dying???
I will hit you up for some crawfish next time I am down in LA! jk jk Crawfish are my favorite though...
--Scott

Actually..... It might be hitting it's protection circuit. You can check by sticking a cell phone in there and record a video of the LEDs on teh big silver power supply. Just aim it at the protection LED. Play a game until it dies and see if the protection is being triggered.

--Scott

#7534 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I noticed that my green light isn’t working. I read you can fix it by reflowing solder joints. I’m assuming just to add a little more solder where there is solder already. Has anyone had similar problems and fixed it by adding more solder? Thanks
[quoted image]

That LED could be toast. If you are handy, you can replace the bulb on the board or just replace the whole board.

Here are the parts:
Bulb: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=pbl-600-0288-00
Board: https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation-3x3-lamp-board-assembly.html

Pinball Life is on Holiday break at the moment, but you can save them in your cart for later when we open back up next Sat (Jan 2nd) at 12pm cst.

2 weeks later
#7568 3 years ago

One more request... Is there any way you can make the forced restart (holding down start button) shorter?
Having to wait for all the balls to clear out is a bit frustrating when you have that ball one stinker.
The code is sensational Scott, thanks again!

You mean the hold time of the start button or the whole process?

#7573 3 years ago

The reset was an afterthought, but a good way to exit the game. I am just cycling out everything in the game and resetting it. It needs to unlock all the balls, reset all the code and player variables, rebuild and return to attract mode. The fact that it does it in 19 seconds is pretty decent. Attract mode will clear the ball out of the shooter lane too if it is in there, but it does that very fast now by opening the gates. I am not sure if I could get this to go much faster without a framework re-write at this point.
--Scott

#7576 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

There's a bug when holding start to restart a game where the core rollover light won't be lit for the skill shot once the new game starts. It doesn't happen everytime, but fairly frequently. That said, I feel like maybe it should stay as punishment for restarting.
There is a method for faster restarts....
Here is how you do it:
Plunge ball, let it pass the orbit gates.
Hold start to restart the game.
Hold the right flipper up so as the ball is completing the orbit it drains as fast as possible without bouncing off the flipper.

I will take a look at that bug. I bet I am not resetting a variable properly somewhere.
--Scott

#7589 3 years ago

Try and power cycle the PC by pressing the little power button below the DC power jack.
--Scott

#7591 3 years ago

Power button is here on the PC:

#7593 3 years ago

Sweet! Yeah, sometimes the PC does not start up right or stay in sync. I am unsure, but this is very rare and easily fixed by hitting that power button. You should be good to go!
--Scott

2 weeks later
#7628 3 years ago
Quoted from bikefreak:

thenotrashcougar
I thought of another code enhancement. (for all I know there is already something there for this... my skillshots need work.) I know you are looking for more things to add to the reboot/2.0.
There are two skill shots in the game currently.
1) White letter in C-O-R-E when flipper buttons don't move the light (I'll call this Super Skillshot; not sure if this is called something specific already)
2) Yellow letter in C-O-R-E when you use flipper buttons to move the light to line up with ball (I'll call this Skillshot; ditto)
If you make these on consecutive balls it would create Super Skillshot Combo or a Skillshot Combo.
Could be done a couple of ways:
- Scores a bonus for consecutive Super Skillshots (2x for two in a row; 3x for 3 in a row; 4x; etc) Maybe have the number of times you complete it consecutively be the multiplier of the bonus. If you miss one it resets to zero.
- Scores a (smaller) bonus for consecutive Skillshots.
- Case would need to be addressed if you have a mix of Skillshot(s) and Super Skillshot(s)
Would have a call-out for 2x (Super) Skillshot Combo ... Then one for 3x (Super) Skillshot Combo ... 4x ...
If you get 3 in a row it should be called 3x (Super) Skillshot Turkey (bowling reference)... or not.
Not sure what an appropriate bonus should be to maintain balance in the game but you probably have a better idea. If you get 3 in a row maybe an extra ball?
I thought it would be a neat way to reward skillshots hit multiple times in a row. Which is probably really difficult. If the Skillshot (where you move the light) is too easy for players just do this for the Super Skillshot. (would also take the mixed cases out of the picture)
Just another idea. Still loving the game and the work you put into this!

Definitely some neat ideas. I could add a skillshot multiplier if you can stack them, I don't see any harm in that. Putting this multiplier on the Super Secret Skillshot could be somewhat of a tournament exploit. I will have to have Bowen analyze it and make sure I am not giving too much of an advantage to someone that can hit the SSSS on every ball. Thank you!
--Scott

#7652 3 years ago

OMG WOW.. You are definitely a skilled player. I would bet that is the world record speed run. What was the final number that the game logged in the high score table?

Also... WTF, 1 powerball? Are you crazy?

Love it. Thank you for sharing.
--Scott

2 weeks later
#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I came back to play TNA a week later and I saw this going on:
Some lights are stuck on and the timer isn't working anymore
What should I be purchasing to fix this? Thank you for any help!

That is a serial cable not making good contact somewhere. It is a gray cable that runs all the LED boards in series.

#7670 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Over the last month or so I have hardly played anything else except Rick and Morty. Last night I turned on TNA, to have a few games.
Talk about "one more game". I just kept coming back, and today I haven't turned anything else on.
It really is a fantastic piece of pinball design (IMO). So simple and stripped down, fast and brutal, beautifully clean shots when you make them (deadly when you don't), fantastic sound and lights. Just a brilliant package.
Even when I lose 3 balls in 1/2 a second as two of them crash over the flippers it feels like part of the speed and chaos that has been consciously and carefully created (damn you thenotrashcougar)
Thanks thenotrashcougar , and thanks for R&M as well which I love too.

<3

#7672 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm having issues with the pop bumper. It seems like a physical issue, but I can't track it down. I experience the problem when the playfield is down, but as soon as I lift the playfield, I cannot replicate the issue. Switch is nice and sensitive, but after certain hits, the switch is somewhere between somewhat and totally unresponsive. You can also hear that at times it is registering multiple switch hits on one press on the skirt. Banging on the playfield usually resets things, but I'm not sure what to adjust. This problem just started happening.
I don't know how to embed a video, but here is a link to me demonstrating the range from super sensitive to unresponsive.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gY9vbmrQ8PhJS2Dd7
Appreciate any help.

Did you check to make sure all the screws were tight on the assembly? Especially check the switch screws (x2).
--Scott

#7683 3 years ago

Anyone pick up one of those upgraded alpha-numeric panels that go between the flipper?
I saw them on Pinball Life, and saw that they include some additional LEDs for an added light show?!?!
Was just curious to know if anyone picked one up?

I have one in my game and it is awesome.

#7693 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

maybe this is a silly question, but why not replace both numeric playfield displays to add more lightshow fx? Or doesn't it make sense to replace the one in the upper half of the playfield as well?

I did not write code for the upper one so if you install it in the core, the RGB lights will be on full white all the time. That would look gross and be annoying.

The reason I chose not to do this is because currently there are a limited number of these upgraded displays available. Also, I have to re-render every lightshow in the game to accommodate the new lamps. It's a ton of work. Maybe if the game gets a re-run, I will address this in that code.

--Scott

#7715 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Totally speculating, but my guess is that the upgraded ball save display with the extra LEDs was made during the design phase of Rick and Morty, but will also fit TNA (if you drill a couple new holes).

You are exactly right. If I would have made a new shoot again display from scratch, I would have made it bolt right in. This was just a fun little add-on for people that wanted to put the Rick and Morty Shoot Again display in their TNA.

Don't be scared to put screws in the bottom of your playfield. If you use the short 3/8 inch screws that are already on there, you will have no trouble. How do you think the rest of the stuff is all mounted to the bottom of the playfield during production? There are just dimples to show where the stuff goes.

Anyway, yeah, this is the EXACT PCB used in R&M, but we built them with some of the leftover TNA green LED displays. Figured you guys would enjoy it.
--Scott

#7716 3 years ago

Oh and for the recommended pitch of TNA... Anywhere from 6.5 to 7 is what I recommend. See the scale below.

6.5 -> More outlane drains -> More side to side action -> Slightly slower ball return speed

7.0 -> More center drains -> Less side to side action -> Faster overall ball return speed

The pitch will change the amount of side to side action of TNA. More pitch, less side to side action. It's really just what you prefer but you can check your audits to see the number of outlane drains compared to center drains. If you think the gap between the flippers is too wide, then decrease your pitch. If you think the outlanes are unfair, either close them up a bit, or increase the pitch.

Well, those are my ramblings. Enjoy!
--Scott

#7729 3 years ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

I looked through almost all the posts and did a search and only found one topic on it. I have noticed that my beacon light rattles and is very noisy when rotation occurs. Can someone tell me what to fix? I tried a lubricant in the gears but it’s still noisy. Vibration? Rattle? Not quite sure. Also I’m going to be doing the frosted lighted drop mod. I tried watching the video but it won’t load. Anyone have a DIY instruction video or walk through. Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately all of the beacon toppers make a rattle sound. I was able to quiet mine by putting a bit of dielectric grease between the metal lamp housing the the plastic cylinder that it is in. The noise you are hearing is a rattling noise of the plastic cylinder that is around said lamp socket. This will calm it down. I don't have any pics at the moment unfortunately.
--Scott

EDIT: Fun fact, these are slot machine toppers.

#7730 3 years ago

Anyone know what part number is used for the left and right flipper button switches?
Also, what part number is it for the stand up targets (R-A-D)?
Thanks in advance!

Left Flipper Switch (remove the capacitors): https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-double-contact.html
Right Flipper Switch (remove the capacitors): https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html
RAD Targets: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-round-stand-up-targets.html

#7732 3 years ago

Thanks Scott, you're seriously the best designer in this whole MF'ng game!
By the way, my wife says TNA is better than every pinball machine we've owned except for Medieval Madness. Pretty high praise there!

Thank you very much, but there is no way I am the best. haha! I appreciate it. TNA is still my favorite pinball machine around. haha
--Scott

#7758 3 years ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Just noticed that my shooter rod is misaligned. It’s hitting up and to the left. How do I adjust this to hit center. Thanks

There are 3 screws on the back side of the shooter housing that will allow you to adjust the position.
--Scott

#7760 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

On the TNA of a friend of mine the switch report is shown on the LCD during gameplay. I looked at it and noticed debug mode was on. Turning that off didn't remove the switch report during gameplay. Is there another setting for this that I missed?

Restart the game.

#7767 3 years ago

Definitely swap to a 3.5mm to RCA cable. This will make a more solid connection on the amp side. This is what we ended up going with on R&M.
--Scott

1 week later
#7791 3 years ago

It was fun meeting you in person! For reference, we removed our masks for a few seconds to take the pic. Also for reference, I was playing as hard as I could, I lost fair and square.
--Scott

1 week later
#7797 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I've been told there is talk of another run of TNA planned? Is there any truth to this?
Thanks!

I got confirmation that another run of TNA will happen, but not for a while, and there is not timeline planned as of yet. I will report back if I hear anything and am able to share.
--Scott

1 week later
#7803 2 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Its secretly just a jukebox. TheNoTrashCougar tacked on a pinball game after the fact to increase the market size. Doesn't even have ramps <3

<runs and hides>

2 weeks later
#7812 2 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

I finally pulled the trigger on the Pinball Life RGB LED updated Shoot Again Timer. Didn't include any instructions. Doesn't seem to fit in the game as-is. Looks like it will need new mounting holes in the playfield and the harness organizer post to be relocated for it to even fit the game? Saw someone made a different 3D printed bracket for it. I thought this would be drop in. What's everyone doing to install this straight?

Here are the installation notes from the PBL website since the product is now NLA. It is pretty straight forward. There is nothing wrong with the included spacer, but some have 3d printed a different variant. You basically install it in the same place but have to make 2 new holes with 2 of the screws. No need to pre drill, just make sure the display is centered in the insert.

Installation Notes:
- This will only work as a replacement for the Shoot Again display between the flippers on TNA (1 per game).
- Make sure to peel the brown protective paper from the spacer before installation (if still applied).
- You may need to slightly move a wire ladder tree to fit the display under the playfield.
- You will reuse 2 of the screws from the original display to install the upgraded one.
- You must install Software version 1.4.0 or greater for the display to function properly.

1 week later
#7821 2 years ago
Quoted from psychosoda:

Hey fellow TNA-ers!
Got a head-scratching issue with my TNA. Every so often, Opto 1 will trigger. It is highly intermittent. This has happened mid-game, causing locks to mess up and also during attract mode, where it will rifle through the lock drops. I have tried reflowing the connectors which fixed the issue for a couple days, but now it's back! I've also tried cleaning the optos.
Should I just order some new optos or is there some wiring troubles I should be looking at under the hood? (or something else I've missed).
Cheers,
Vic.

Change the IDC connectors on the opto harness to crimped connectors and you will be good.
--Scott

#7830 2 years ago
Quoted from psychosoda:

Thanks joelbob and TheNoTrashCougar . I'm new-ish to the hobby as well so some of the terminology flies over my head sometimes.
It's been 5 days with about 20+ plays and it hasn't triggered it again, so it's super intermittent. Will still look into some tools and order it all though I reckon, for when I'm sure it will inevitably return!

Yeah, just follow the wires back from the optos to a little black board called the opto power board. The 2 pin (.156 pitch) connector attaching the opto harness to the board is most likely flaky. If you replace these connectors with Trifurcon Crimp and Stuff connectors, it will be 100% reliable.

Again, here are the Trifurcon terminals:
https://www.pinballlife.com/156-trifurcon-crimp-terminals.html

And here are all the different sized connectors:
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=Crimp%20%26%20Stuff

Crimp Tool:
https://www.pinballlife.com/ratcheting-crimp-tool.html

I really recommend that once you get comfortable with crimping these terminals on, that you do it for all of the optos in the game. It will help greatly. Good news is that Spooky is going to use these crimp style connectors going forward, so that is great news. These IDC connectors suck.

--Scott

#7832 2 years ago
Quoted from C_n_C:

Just a quick update - I've ordered a whole bunch of the terminals and connectors along with a reasonable crimp tool. As shipping and import taxes can be a bit of a lottery, being in the UK, the following are links for these - the 0.156 (inch) pitch equivalent in the UK is 3.96mm.
Terminals: Molex KK 396 Trifurcon female crimp terminal.
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/crimp-contacts/6794723/
2 way connector: Molex, KK 396 Female Connector Housing, 3.96mm Pitch, 2 Way
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/wire-housings-plugs/6795066/
4 way connector: Molex, KK 396 Female Connector Housing, 3.96mm Pitch, 4 Way
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/wire-housings-plugs/6795072/
Reasonable quality crimp tool - AWG 18 - AWG 26 1.6mm - 2.5mm £40
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Precision-Universal-Crimping-Japan-ENGINEER/dp/B002L6HJ8W/ref=psdc_1938873031_t3_B07F2W9XSM
Similar quality crimp too with changeable dies covering 0.7mm-3.1mm £112
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07F2W9XSM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The genuine Molex crimp tool is £345 including taxes!
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/crimp-tools/6634246/
Once I've practised crimping and sorted the intermittent Opto on the 1st drop target, I'm going to replace all the other opto IDC connectors with crimped ones as recommended.

Great post and good looking out for the overseas people. Can we tag these as key posts? Who has the ability to do that?
--Scott

2 weeks later
#7847 2 years ago
Quoted from supermoot:

I think you can adjust the height of the drops.

Quoted from FatPanda:

Yes, adjust the height of the drops so that the tops of the drops are flush with the playfield. You'll probably have to take the large plastic that covers the lock lane off in order to get a feel of where the drops are sitting. Not too bad of an adjustment.

These are both correct! Also run teh drop target test int eh service mode if you think the drops are not operating properly.
--Scott

2 weeks later
#7858 2 years ago

Yep, for TNA 2.0, the plan is to definitely do it, but the timeline is still undetermined.
--Scott

#7860 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Awesome. Thanks. Ultraman will be my first Spooky game but TNA was first to catch my interest as I love 80 SS titles.

Very cool! I also really love the 80's stuff.

3 weeks later
#7910 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I have a situation with my machine where a short plunge does not come back to the right flipper but ends up hitting the top post of the right sling. What adjustments can be made?

The short plunge should hit the top of the right sling, ya cheater!
--Scott

#7915 2 years ago

Yeah, to clarify, the way the geometry was made a short plunge will hit the top of the right sling, but a full orbit from left to right should deliver the ball nicely to the right flipper. Some people have bent their ball guides a bit to avoid the ball hitting the top of the sling on a short plunge, but that is risky because a solid orbit could potentially go SDTM.
--Scott

#7917 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Thanks Scott! Momma didn’t raise no cheater, leaving it as is!! Also I might be taking it to a show and want it playing as intended.

I was just kiddin around about the cheater part. I know a few people that have adjusted this behavior out, but it was not my intention.
--Scott

#7920 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Hi TNA owners. I don't own any other Spooky games but there has been a lot of talk over on the R&M club thread about the LCD screen and upgrades. I tested out an IPS LCD screen and controller and it was a major upgrade. Someone had mentioned that they had also upgraded their TNA screen. In either case, I created some brackets to help mount the screen and controller in R&M. Maybe this also works for TNA or other Spooky games, I don't know. But if anyone is interested I'd be happy to help figure out what works in TNA (or other Spooky games).
https://pinballmods.co/rick-morty-lcd-upgrade-ips-bracket

The bracket is not going to work for mounting the PCB, but the clips should work the same as R&M. All you will need to do is figure out a different way to mount that bracket and you should be good to go, but definitely needs to be tested. R&M is running a different resolution than TNA.
--Scott

1 week later
#7928 2 years ago

That is probably an issue with your scoop opto. Might want to get rid of the IDC connectors on the sender (green) side and replace with crimp and stuff connectors. Oh, also check in coil test the the right scoop is working.
--Scott

#7930 2 years ago

When you run the drop test in the service menu, let it cycle a bunch and see if any errors occur.

Here is the easiest way for me to describe what is going on and how to fix it.

#7938 2 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

I had a strange occurrence. Playing multihull and the ball save timer locked on displaying "9.0". It stayed on for the rest of the game and past the end of game sequence. Rebooting fixed it and it seemed to work perfectly the next game.
Loose connection? Or weird software glitch?
Very disconcerting because using the ball save timer to make risky shots is what I like to do.

Were any other LEDs stuck on the playfield as well? If so, the serial connection (gray cable) probably came loose or got a flaky connection on the green PD-LED board that the timer is connected to (check both sides of the gray cables as they jump from 1 PD-LED to the next). A restart fixes this because it forces the machine to re-establish the serial connection.
--Scott

1 month later
#7955 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Hi all, my TNA has decided to not boot up today. This is after about 2 years of trouble free use. I'm hoping you guys can help me diagnose this?
Game turns on, all lights are white, screen comes on briefly and says "Attention no signal" and then shuts off. Backbox LEDs do not come on and the lighted rails now flash... which is something I have never seen it do before.
Where should I start? thank you[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Try and power cycle the small PC. There is a power button located next to the DC barrel plug on the right side of the PC. Obviously, do this with the machine turned on.

As for the side rails flickering, that is not something I have ever seen.

--Scott

#7957 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Thanks. The rails aren't flickering, they're steadily flashing about once a second

That is very strange. I would contact Hooked Pinball to see if they can figure that out.

Did the PC power cycling work?
--Scott

1 week later
#7989 2 years ago

I know it may sound like a revisit from the past just because, but this game has gotten a bunch more visibility since it was first run, and some people did not get the chance to pick one up originally. I will be adding to the software for the 2.0 release and it will be backward compatible to all the original games, so I don't think the original run owners will feel left out. Honestly, it is pretty damn humbling that there was enough of a demand for this title to even justify running another batch. <3
--Scott

2 weeks later
#8090 2 years ago

The lockdown bar is the same height as any other Spooky game, you do not need to stoop to play, not sure where you saw that.
--Scott

#8095 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I didn't mean to disparage your design. I just saw Stroh's old post with TNA in his lineup looking co-planar with its neighbors but only with Stern cabinet legs, so I thought I would go in that direction. Got it: TNA's lockdown bar is no lower than the lockdown bar on any other Spooky pinball, but perhaps it's still lower than those of Stern or B/W pins, which are what I'm used to. I figure a set of wrinkle-black Stern legs won't disturb the aesthetic of TNA but it will give my back a welcome rest.

All good, I just wanted to make sure that you guys did not think the front of the game was lower than any other modern pinball.
--Scott

#8107 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

The original TNA used a knocker assemble to fire the scoop.

This is in fact true. I am impressed you remember this!
--Scott

#8108 2 years ago

The eject scoop is a normal eject scoop, but fun fact, I did engineer this scoop for Spooky Pinball and the design was first used in Dominos. It also is a modular design, meaning that it can be used in open back and closed back configurations with a change of just 1 piece.
--Scott

1 week later
#8160 2 years ago

Wanted: image files for TNA apron cards

This page has all the downloads you need:
https://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783

Please tell me the Scott-advised playfield pitch of TNA.
I have the game set to an average of 6.5 degrees and somehow the ball acts "heavy."
I realize this is a retro layout so perhaps 6 degrees - or less - is best.
Thinking I have it wrong as the release of the Ball-Lock sends balls SDTM, despite a dead-level playfield.
Thanks.

6.5 to 7 degrees is recommended. The locks should drop the ball to the tip of the right flipper, but some tend to go toward the drain, you can save these though by slap saving. Having the game pitched properly will help with this. I like just under 7 degrees but it is all personal preference.

#8167 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I had a digit going out about a month ago on player one.
I decided to try this newer display unit with all 4 displays in 1 unit, instead of replacing a single display. I probably should have spent $20 on a single display, but I was curious and went this route with the newer unit.
it is less rigid than the previous 4 single units. You take out the metal bracket that holds the four single displays and you replace it with this one PCB.
You unplug the USB board that controls the old displays and bypass that. That functionally is now built into this new display, along with the ability to dim the displays if you choose.
I am not sure why they redesigned this. If a digit goes out now, you will need to replace the whole thing vs. a single display?
It does say it is more reliable.
The new one does work great and I am happy with it. I would buy it again.
[quoted image]

I can shed some light on that. I was getting complaints of serial interference and wanted the whole thing to be 1 unit with the serial data protected in the layers of the PCB. This one is much more reliable and has an analog dimmer built into it. This is the proper way that this should have been built. Everything is fully exposed through hole so it can be serviced easily if something goes out.
--Scott

#8173 2 years ago

Flipper Hold Boost:
What's your setting?
I was confused by this setting when I came upon it in the service menu, but after lowering it as an experiment, I learned that it sets the rigidity of the flipper in the raised position. At a low setting, the ball flung from the left scoop will mash the flipper down if you're late on a live catch, etc. I'm assuming full boost is the only setting that duplicates a traditional solenoid from the B/W days. When I first felt the low-boost setting, I thought for a second that there was a spring involved to protect the flipper bat from excessive stress. A kind of clutch, if you will. What setting is working for you?

Just leave it at the default settings (3).

#8174 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

FYI, the instruction card on that page still has a typo. Destroy is misspelled as “destory.” It’s not a big deal, but it always bugged me.

I have decided not to fix it. HAHA! Just kidding. Yeah, I should remember to do that.
--Scott

#8196 2 years ago

Hey Everyone,
The interior art should just rip off in one shot. It is a vinyl sticker. As for the mirror blades, I am working on a source for them now. The TNA cabinet is unique and there are no existing mirror blades that will work with it from other manufacturers cabinets. I custom developed the cabinet for TNA based on the existing Spooky pinball cabinet used in their other games.
--Scott

#8201 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Couple things to work through.
I think the sub is blown. At any level it sounds distorted And I guess what I think is blown, I tried the adjustments:
By turning the volume behind lcd down to 11, all amp knobs to 0, coin door do 11, and then adjusting and ya it sounds blown. Is there a replacement before I open the box up?

Nice... Yeah that sub or Amp is blown. Reach out to Spooky for exact replacements, but if I remember correctly it is a 10 inch sub. Also, you could just disconnect the sub and put an external sub on it.

Quoted from northvibe:

When I was changing volume on the back of the lcd screen and had the speaker panel laying out of the head the screen kept rebooting or power cycling. Is the power plug known to be finicky?

I have not seen finicky power plugs on the LCD, but if the LCD controller gets disconnected from the game, it will reboot the software. Check the power plug and wiggle it a bit and see if the LED on the back side of the LCD panel flickers or turns off. If it is the power plug, look for cold solder joints on teh LCD converter board DC power jack.

#8206 2 years ago

Wanted: Plastic Protector for the "Lock" Plastic
My game came with a set of plastics protectors, excluding the very large one for the lock.
I realize some of you like to mix/match your protector sets - pink above, green below, clear here/there, etc.
Is there anyone out there who has an extra Lock protector in whatever color? I will pay you a fair sum for it, naturally.
Thanks.

You can get a full clear set from PBL for fairly inexpensive.
https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-full-protector-set-for-total-nuclear-annihilation.html
--Scott

#8212 2 years ago

Thanks.
I'm well aware that these are controlled gates. Each has a solenoid. I believe I mentioned that. Gates will either open and allow a full orbit or close on either side to capture the ball for a rollover down into the reactor. My gates aren't actuating properly. They don't quite open and don't quite close.
They try to open but do so unreliably. Often an (allowed/coded) orbit will hit the edge of gate because it hasn't opened fully.
In test, they flick the tiniest bit. They do *not* open, but solenoids don't behave in test as they do in gameplay in some circumstances. The solenoid in this case is the relay type, like the shooter-lane diverter in TZ.
Looks like Pinball Life sells the gates:
https://www.pinballlife.com/controlled-ball-gate-assembly-right.html
Not keen to spend $20 for a new gate, but the mechanism is very delicate. If the gate takes an airball, its delicate action can become disturbed thereafter apparently. I took mine out and looked it over. IT seemed fine. I lubed it with graphite and worked it a few dozen times, then put it back in. Still slightly hesitant to return to the down position. Replace?
Solenoids meter 12VDC. Is this appropriate for a relay coil of this kind?
Confused because similar relay coils used on the drops meter 49VDC.
Coils are the same - 26-600.
How can one need 12V and the other 49V?
Where online are the wiring schematics for TNA?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The gate coils are hooked to the 12v coil circuit purposely. The drop target knockdown coils are hooked to the 48v circuits (the second coil you measured). 12v is plenty strong to power these gate coils, I bet something is just out of adjustment on your machine. Activate the coils by hand and see if they lift and drop the gates properly. Either the spring is hanging up or the coil actuator is too far from the coil itself to activate properly. In test, these just flick open and closed. These assemblies are not fragile and quite robust, so that is why I bet is is something easy. No need to lube anything.
--Scott

#8220 2 years ago

The spring on the right gate is a little weird. It's almost like it's hanging up on the bore in the gate's frame. There's friction there.

If your spring is messed up, here is a link to the replacement.
https://www.pinballlife.com/extension-spring-10-194.html

You will just need to look around to figure out what is binding up or what is not functioning properly. This assembly does not need to be lubed at all. I am guessing the spring has been stretched or something.

--Scott

#8222 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think my game is broke.... friends were over drinking and even on a 4 player game we couldn't beat reactor 3 :-p hahahha

Oh, I have seen this bug before. You either drank too much or not enough... Hard to tell without seeing the logs and doing a complicated analysis.

#8232 2 years ago

Try lowering your flipper power a bit first, but the scoop will reject sometimes. I can hit it about 95% with a backhand shot from the left flipper. I almost never attempt fore handing from the right flipper. Also double check that upper metal scoop part is not bent upward. This can happen over time and you just need to bend it back down a bit. It should be a 90 degree rounded bend, if that makes sense.
--Scott

1 week later
#8244 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

balls keep launching into my game? had this happen before and replaced the trough optos - same again?

Hey Neil! You should replace your IDC connectors with the Trifurcon Crimp and Stuff connectors and housings for your trough optos.

4 Position Housings: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0328-00
2 Position Housings: https://www.pinballlife.com/156-396mm-crimp-stuff-2-position-housing-with-locking-ramp-17574.html
Trifurcon Pins: https://www.pinballlife.com/156-trifurcon-crimp-terminals.html

Do this on both sides of the harness that runs to any opto in this machine and they will be much more reliable.

Also, check the Error Report in the service menu to see why the balls are being ejected non stop. My guess would be Jam opto being flaky, but it could also be the shooter lane switch not registering.
--Scott

#8245 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

I'd recommend swaying to the soundtrack side to side instead of front to back. That should help.

HAHAH! OMG.

#8249 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Anybody have an issue with random resets? The odd time I will be playing a different game on a different plug (same circuit) and TNA will just restart when in attract mode. Did once in a game as well. I would say it has happened 4-5 times over 4 months. Thoughts?

Make sure you are on the latest software. The game should not be resetting at all by itself. It could be that you have a loose connection to the display. Could be display power or the HDMI cable. Do it do it during gameplay as well?
--Scott

1 week later
#8265 2 years ago

Also, put the game in switch test and wiggle that remaining IDC connector on that resistor board. I bet is it having an issue. That is pretty great thought aht someone already upgraded the others!

#8269 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Playing a 3 player game tonight. there are random times when the game like...pauses, and then comes back. Flippers and light show kind of forget to work, then the game comes back, takes 1-2 seconds. known issue?

I have not seen that at all in the wild. If this happens, that is the P3-ROC losing communication with the PC for a split second. The P3-ROC automatically detects that nothing has been sent in a while from the PC and shuts down anything that can catch on fire. It's a hardware watchdog. So either, the USB cable from the PC to the P3-ROC is flaky, or the PC is not happy. Swap the USB cable first and see if that keeps it from happening again.
--Scott

#8272 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Scott, you are the best! Your continued troubleshooting and tech support for your pinball machine is amazing. Really makes me want to own a TNA!

Thank you! Yeah, I made a promise to people that took the chance on buying this game that I would do my best to make sure they are 100% happy with it. Although, I do realize that is not always possible, but I can try. haha I am hoping that Spooky announced they will do the TNA 2.0 run soon. That will also light a fire under my ass to get the next version of the software completed.

Quoted from northvibe:

Thanks scott, i just swapped the cable. I'll see if that helps.
Is there a setting to turn up the brightness of the backbox leds?
Is there a setting to turn off/on the knocker?
I looked and didn't see any settings in the menu. I did unplug the knocker, so I can play at night.....

Yeah, let me know if it still locks up and we will figure out how to fix it. Luckily, this is not a widespread issue, so it is just something funky going on with your game.

So the LEDs on your game are probably burning out and dulling down slowly as they age due to the "used to be" clear waterproof coating. I would recommend putting in a new set of LED strips. I recommend getting the color temp of 5000k though as it will look really good with the backglass. That color temp is between cold and warm, it is really nice. I had this in the prototype and was super happy with it. Also make sure they are 12v LED strips.

Oh crap! I never put in a setting to turn off the knocker. I can add that to my list of things, it is not hard.

Thanks,
--Scott

#8277 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

New usb cable from p3roc and pc, have played a couple games but no issue.
I’ll also order some led strips, are they 12v?
So my scoop hits are rough. Is this bent too far forward?[quoted image][quoted image]

12v yes.

The scoop looks fine. You could put a couple washers on each of the scoop screws under the playfield. This will lower the scoop into the playfield a bit more and help with rejects. Also, lower your flipper power.

Glad the USB cable seemed to work!

--Scott

#8281 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

SPACED that I had some white used in my undercab lighting so I'll throw that in and check it!
For the sub.
I have a friend printing me the plug and port
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3309874
I also ordered a Goldwood sound GW-210 10" 4ohm sub.
If it still sounds off with the parts and new sub.....I'll try the amp replacement.
OH and i'll use that foam to try and seal the box.

The trick is the box needs to be sealed. For higher output, if you swap the amp or sub, you will definitely need to block the ports. But when you do this it becomes even more important to make sure the box is sealed completely. If you want to get crazy, I would recommend creating a new sub box with a removable top (lid). This way you can screw down and silicone up the side walls to the bottom of the cabinet. Once this is done, you can use weather stripping or a rubber gasket between the lid and the side walls. This will ensure a nice tight seal. Any air leaking will cause a buzz sound and it is pretty gross sounding.

For the Whitewood, I actually created something called a bandpass box. This is where the subwoofer fires into a sealed internal compartment and then is ported out the bottom of the cabinet. You can throw an old shirt in the sealed compartment as well to cut down any resonate high frequencies.

Here are some pics of what I did:

This is the opened and uninstalled bandpass box. I chose to make a bottom for it because the bottom of my donor Dolly Parton cabinet was too thin.

Here is the bandpass box installed in the Bally cabinet.

Here it is with the lid secured and sealed to the top.

#8285 2 years ago
Quoted from Zalandrys:

Changed the IDC connectors to molex connectors, problem resolved. Thank you!

Heck yeah! No prob at all.

Oh man, that is an awesome arcade! You run an Air BnB there? Neat!

--Scott

#8289 2 years ago
Quoted from Zalandrys:

Tried a few more things. Increasing the flipper hold boost from 3 to 4 definitely reduced the knockdown, but you can tell that the coil is getting hotter. The right flipper started to really weaken when compared to the left, I’d assume because I tend to hold it more often. I saw a suggestion somewhere to lower the flipper hold boost to reduce heat, but that did not work at all. With flipper hold boost set to 2, the flipper just collapses the first time it is hit from the scoop.
Still on the hunt to see if there is a remedy.

This is odd, because it should not overheat, but at hold boost level 4, I could see that happening. I would leave this at hold boost 3 and look into other issues. Do you know how to real an ohm meter and test the main power winding of the coil? I wonder if that coil has been overheated pretty severely in the past and having issues. I know that I have not heard of flipper issues on TNA in quite some time, so we will get this working for you. Also, yeah, if the hold boost is set to 4 and you are holding the flipper up all the time, it will get pretty hot.

Also, this is a key piece of information that I am not sure many people know about. About halfway through the run (estimated as I have no clue exactly when this was done, the flipper coil stops were switched to the A-12111 stop to help with the flipper hold.

Here is what the A-10821 coil stops look like:

And here is what the A-12111 coil stops look like:

If you have the A-10821 coil stops in your game, I would recommend swapping them with these:
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-coil-stop-a-12111.html

All the spooky games after about half the run of TNA use the A-12111 coil stop and all of the Pinball Life rebuild kits for spooky include the A-12111 coil stops.

--Scott

#8295 2 years ago
Quoted from Zalandrys:

I'm getting ~4.2 ohms across the main coil of both the right and left coils, and around ~125ohms on the higher resistance path. It looks like that is close to the expected values for the FL-11629 coils.

Yeah, that is about right for that coil. The next thing I would look at is to make sure your 48v supply is putting out 48v or more to the high powered coils. This can also be turned up on the supply itself without harming anything.

I know this sounds dumb, but also check and clean your flipper switches to make sure they are getting nice solid contact. I have seen a few flipper weakness issues because of this over the years. I never would have thought to check that at first, but probably not what is going on here.

Thanks,
--Scott

#8296 2 years ago

Working on some small fixes and just posted this new beta version of the TNA code. Feel free to poke around with it and let me know if there are any issues. The majority of the updates are with the Scorbit handling.

https://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

Thanks,
--Scott

#8302 2 years ago
Quoted from Zalandrys:

Thanks for the suggestion. Voltage on the coil looks good, 49.2v. I've been playing quite a bit in the last few days. The flippers have still been falling a little when hit hard, but I haven't had them fully collapse in a while. Is it expected for them to collapse about 1/3 of the way and then recover when hit from the scoop / hard rebound? Or should they always be pretty rigid?

It's not supposed to do that. Try turning up the voltage on your 48v supply. I am not sure how high it will go, but it will not break it. Just make sure it does not exceed 68vdc.

#8304 2 years ago

That is odd. Be sure the flipper hold coil is still hooked up and did not come unsoldered.

The flippers are doing what they are supposed to do though by recovering after a knockdown, but they just should not collapse all the time. If it is just the right one on scoop exit, turn the scoop power down a bit in the coil settings. I also wonder if your capacitor board might be bad. Can you check that board in the back with the large caps on it for cold solder joints?

I would also recommend turning down your flipper power, that will also help with the left scoop shot. I shoudl really turn down the defaults on the next update.

--Scott

#8312 2 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Installing v1.4.3.b1 now. I'll report if anything blows up.

Thank you! Do you have a Scorbit installed in your TNA?
--Scott

#8316 2 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Not sure. Just installed it since we were going to be playing it for a few hours. Figured that was as good a time as any to play test for Scott.

And I totally appreciate that!!

It's not totally worth installing yet unless you have a Scorbit in it. I will be adding more stuff to this beta that will make a difference before I release it though.

Again, I really appreciate you guys hammering on it for me to see if I screwed anything up.

--Scott

#8323 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

So spooky sent me a new LED strip like two years ago. It is apparently their newer model that doesn’t yellow. I still don’t think they are that bright compared to my Stern games. TheNoTrashCougar do you know if this has been improved?

No clue. I do recommend using 5000k temp LEDs though. If that is what northvibe got, you shoudl see about buying some of his extra!
--Scott

2 weeks later
#8338 2 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

What have you all been doing for the past four days, playing TNA?
CONGRATULATIONS SCOTT DANESI and Spooky Pinball!!!! TNA is in the PIA Hall of Fame!

This is insanely cool! Thank you for posting that up here. I am humbled that this game got the attention that it did. <3 Updated software is still in the works too!

--Scott

1 week later
#8340 2 years ago
Quoted from Zalandrys:

I just wanted to mention a bug in the code that I’ve encountered a few times, although it may be a known issue. I’m running build 1.4.2, and if you tilt the machine while the ball is in the upper playfield, the ball will not be fired out of the scoop until ball search occurs. On the bright side, it gives you a nice long time to think about your mistakes haha.
Hope this info is helpful!

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback on that. I will dig into it as there is a chunk of code that deals with this. I probably broke it with another update along the line. Just added it to my list.
--Scott

#8341 2 years ago

Check this out everyone! The new Bel-Air show used a TNA in the background of the show! It also looks like a Black Knight Swords of Rage with an alternate translite was used as well.

And, yes, they had permission to use the game. Also, it looks like they disabled all the flashy stuff from the game. To get the game in the state it is there, they would have had to disconnect the power to the score display assembly, cover the LCD and disconnect the serial cables to the playfield. That would allow the machine to still boot into all white LEDs and power up the backbox LEDs.

Awesome!

--Scott

#8343 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Awesome Scott! I wonder who on that show is a pinhead. Not that TNA isn't world renown at this point but it's a pretty niche game in a pretty niche hobby. They could have easily searched "Pinball" and saw Stern, and said, "hey lets get two of those."
Do you have any tidbits you can share?

All I know is that they wanted an unlicensed theme. They contacted Charlie and we approved it. So funny how they deactivated most of the flashy bits. I totally understand the LCD getting blocked as it has a bunch of ads on it. haha

1 week later
#8350 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

I seem to have a grounding issue or some type of short. When the game is turned on after boot a ball is kicked into the trough and auto launched. Occasionally at this point if any switch is hit, even a flipper button, the game will reboot. This is all before a game has even been started. If it's left it will sometimes just boot loop or randomly keep kicking out balls while in attract mode. Is this something on the opto board or should I look elsewhere?

Most likely your Jam opto is messing up. What you need to do is check the 4 position IDC connector on the green PCB side of the trough. This is either not punched in all the way, or the connector is failing. I would recommend to replace it with Trifurcon crimp connectors and housings.

Connector: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0328-00
Pins: https://www.pinballlife.com/156-trifurcon-crimp-terminals.html

In fact, I would replace ALL the 2 position and 4 position IDC connectors in this game with Trifurcon connectors. This will bulletproof the game.

Thanks,
--Scott

#8352 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

That's been on my list of things to get done on the machine as I had to already swap them for the right scoop opto board. Had a spare molex and swapped it out so that should do it for now. Thank you so much for the quick response! Now I can put this one in the tournament tonight

Oh awesome!!!
--Scott

#8357 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I’ve been dying to join this club for quite a while. I keep hearing rumors of another run. What’s the word on the street? Will Spooky make more?

Spooky will make more eventually, just not sure when yet.
--Scott

#8360 2 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Just installed the quiet fan into TNA and I don’t know why I waited so long. Highly suggest this upgrade if your game is at home.
https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-multimorphic-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit-600w.html

I got mine just sitting here as well uninstalled. I really need to get on that....

2 weeks later
#8369 2 years ago

Yeah, the remake run is absolutely going to happen, we just need to figure out when to get the second line up at Spooky. I am not sure yet but I doubt it is far out. Spooky is heads down on Halloween and Ultraman games at a moment.
--Scott

1 week later
#8393 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The shaker has a low rumble when the reactor has been overheated and is ready to explode. It has a large rumble when it is destroyed. Also each time the pop bumper is hit. I think it adds a lot to the game and would recommend it.

I also recommend the shaker. 100%.

--Scott

#8395 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Really happy to hear this! I'm guessing it's way too early to have any insight on pricing?

Yeah, Spooky will take care of all of that. I do know it is going to be more than the game sold for originally, but that is it. Once I get final details, I will let everyone know.
--Scott

#8404 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Maybe spooky will use molex plugs???

They definitely will. They have a crimp machine in house now.

Also, just to clarify the backbox thing. The TNA remake will have the same physical cabinet, but will have the newer style flip down LCD.

--Scott

#8409 2 years ago

Yeah, we purposely made the images look like VHS quality on the LCD.

#8413 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeZooNours:

Hi,
my 12v Power supply died during a 2 days exhibition (sob)
Could you tell me where to find a brand new one?
I cannot find the item on Pinball Life....

The 12v/5v power supply is a Meanwell RD-65a. The "a" at the end of the part number is important, so make sure you get the correct one. You can get these almost anywhere on the web. They are also not really expensive, which is awesome. Sorry your game went down.
--Scott

1 week later
#8428 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I'm having an interesting issue with my drop targets, when I power on the game they will start cycling and resetting constantly. I've removed and reseated the power and the controller wiring but it didn't help.
Has anyone had this issue before?

Yes! You optos behind the drops think you have a ball stuck there. Check/replace the IDC connectors for these optos as they are troublesome.
--Scott

#8432 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I had no idea there was an opto back there, I should have looked at more than just the drop target switches.
As always, thank you for your help Scott - really appreciate it!

Not a problem at all. This is a fairly common issue with a pretty easy fix.
--Scott

1 week later
#8440 2 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

My TNA pop bumper is dead and when I first started troubleshooting it the switch and solenoid worked fine in test mode but the pop bumper was dead during game play. Now a day later with more testing the switch is permanently dead. The switch ohms out perfectly but manual manipulation of the switch will not show up in test mode. I reflowed the switch solder joints and still dead so I'm suspecting that the switch board lost an input channel.
Anybody ever have a switch board go out? TheNoTrashCougar

I really doubt the board is bad, just check the connections of the wires. Make sure the black wire has continuity to ground and the other wire connects directly to the switch board.

Quoted from Charles_Kline:

You purposely made it kick ass is what you did.

HAHA Thanks!

--Scott

#8448 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

There is an entry in the high scores with tna 1,181 seconds. What does that mean?

Awesome! Great job beating reactor 9!!! That high score entry is how many cumulative seconds it took you to beat each reactor. It is basically a total reactor uptime from unlock to destroy for each reactor. Now see if you can do it faster! I forgot what the current world record speed run was, but I can ask around. I think Ryan McQuaid is currently the fastest.
--Scott

3 weeks later
#8471 1 year ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Ghost in the machine! ... or probably a flaky switch or opto, but which one?
I will be playing single ball and suddenly another one will spit out and auto launch. There's no end of ball processing or bonus happening. I can play both balls and the ball doesn't end until they've both drained, so I don't think it is a problem with the ball trough switches.
I'm pretty sure there is no active ballsave at the time so I don't think it is an outlane switch.
Anybody else had this, or any ideas where to look from TheNoTrashCougar ?
TIA

This will be a jam opto issue.

3 weeks later
#8480 1 year ago
Quoted from Brady2Gronk:

Pretty new to the TNA club. Shortly after buying I started having issues where it just starts adding a ball in randomly and not when it’s supposed to. Happens pretty much every game. Any suggestions?

Seems to be super common and is caused by the IDC connectors on the transmitter side of the trough opto board. Basically, the jam opto is getting triggered so it is popping a new ball in play. Easily fixed by replacing the IDC connectors with Trifurcon crimp connectors and Molex housings.
--Scott

#8482 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

When you doing another TNA run?

If it was up to me, I would have done it yesterday, but Spooky will be re-running TNA again soon. I am not sure when they are going to announce it though.
--Scott

#8488 1 year ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Hi Scott TheNoTrashCougar
My LEDs and ball save timer display are misbehaving. The LEDs are a medley of random colours.
All the grey ribbon cables seem to be well seated, and the problems seem to be across most of the playfield (multiple LED driver boards?).
The photos are with ball 1 still in the shooter lane.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check the serial connections to your light boards (gray 3 position cables), but most likely this is a power issue on one of the boards. A restart will fix this, but it may crop up again. What you need to do is swap out the 2 pin .156" IDC connector with a Trifurcon crimp connector that supplies power to the boards that are having this issue.

I should really just do a writeup on this.

--Scott

#8491 1 year ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I suspected power. The problem does come back after a restart.
I presume it is the 2pin connectors with red and black wires? Does the number of boards misbehaving give any hints as to where to start replacing the IDC connectors first?

Follow the gray serial cables from the head to the light boards. These are daisy chained in order. Then identify which problem LEDs are connected to which board. It is probably the board first in the daisy chain causing the issues. You are correct though, the black and red wire 2 pin IDC connector.
--Scott

#8508 1 year ago

You guys are right, they keep calling this TNA 2.0, but it is just a re-run of the original. I do plan on making a few little updates to the software though which will be compatible with the original run and the re-run games. I am not changing the software much because I personally think it is great how it stands. No new toy will be added to the re-run.

The cabinet will be the same with the exception of a flip down LCD on the second run games.

Other details will come once the final plan is made with the team.

--Scott

#8518 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Hey Scott, TheNoTrashCougar, Are there any differences between the exported versions of TNA and the North American versions??
Is an export-version of TNA able to be "jumpered" to run on 120v? I live in Europe and I plan on buying a TNA in the next run, but I'll probably move back to CONUS in the next 5 years, so not sure if I should buy one over here or in the US...Thanks!!

No difference, just a switch on the main 48v power supply. I think the new supplies though will auto-detect voltage.

Quoted from Medic:

Todd Tuckey on a live with Kaneda said he thinks new run will be 10k.

That is not going to happen.

--Scott

#8526 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Question I have a small scratch on my mirror blades … can I order some new ones anywhere ? Or possibly on the re run ?

I will look into this as I know a bunch of people want then for the first run machines as well. They are amazing looking on this machine. I have a set on mine, and I also accidentally scratched them. We will need to make protectors for these too.

Quoted from ticktockman:

Anyone have an idea what the MSRP will come in at?

No clue yet. But not 10k... yikes. Spooky will ultimately come up with the MSRP for this including how many they are going to make for this re-run.

--Scott

1 week later
#8546 1 year ago
Quoted from Joey_Bada_Bing:

TNA has a BOM that’s more than most people realize. The 3 drop targets , two scoops, a spinner, two gates, 5 slings, a pop bumper, etc. on the surface it seems stripped down but it’s really not. Two digital counters on the playfield, 3 flippers, every light insert is RGBw. When I lift the playfield on mine I’m always reminded that it’s got more going on than meets the eye. Real back-glass, shaker motor,a real knocker (at least in mine), killer sound system with a sub woofer chamber. It may not have wire forms and ramps everywhere but there’s a lot of mech in this game and people shouldn’t sell it short.

Yeah, it always pains me a little when people say there is not much in the game because it is missing ramps. I hid all the magic under the playfield in this one. The BOM is actually quite high and the development that went into this thing definitely took years off my life. haha

--Scott

1 month later
#8581 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Following. Never played tna but interested in the 2.0. Any guesses on price? Wish it was in the large cab like my Rick and morty. Just looks off with all others being larger.

Sorry, I have probably said this a million times, I apologize, but the cabinet of the rerun will be the same exact size and shape as the original. The only physical difference in the cabinet will be the elimination of the wood speaker panel and the flip down speaker panel used in it's place.

The cabinet of TNA is only a few inches shorter than the R&M cabinet, every other size dimension is the same. It is this way because the angle of the glass is less steep, bringing the playfield closer to the glass since it is a single level playfield. The TNA playfield actually looks pretty bad in a standard angled cabinet (in my opinion) because there is way too much space between the glass and the playfield. This reduced angle just brings the bottom position of the backbox lower a bit and that is why it is slightly shorter than other games. With the factory topper, it is about the same height. Also something cool about this cabinet is that it is about the same height as the classic Bally machines. This was all done on purpose when I made the "Spooky Retro Cabinet".

--Scott

2 weeks later
#8615 1 year ago
Quoted from supermoot:

The wires break off of ours about once every 4-6 months. We have had to replace the coil.

Wonder if this is contaminated solder...

#8731 1 year ago

Thank you guys so much for the kind words. That is very humbling. I try to get in here and help people as much as I can. <3
--Scott

#8815 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

This may be a silly question - but will the lighted side rails work fine with the 2.0 cabinet?
In terms of fit, I'm sure they would but I'm curious if the internals of the cabinet will have the same connection point to plug them in to for power.

The aftermarket stuff will all fit on this game. We made sure there were no changes that were going to affect things like this.

#8854 1 year ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Any ideas when the updated code will be released? Since it is backwards compatible, I assume a lot if us current owners will be watching for it. Doesn't sound like a big difference, but might as well be current.

No clue as of yet. There is nothing super pressing in terms of bugs, but I did add a major Scorbit integration in version 1.4.2. I have some things I am working on in the code, but it is really nothing major. I tried to add another multiball, but abandoned it as it just muddied up the game.
--Scott

#8899 1 year ago

There is a mini game built into the game already. There is a setting under Gameplay (Feature) called "Annihilation After Reactor". Set that to 1 and see who can do it scoring the most points. It basically sets the end of the game after whatever reactor you want!
--Scott

#8906 1 year ago

Yeah, it was a little slip up to call the game TNA 2.0. Myself and Spooky used to call it that a while ago. The 2.0 designation implies a new ruleset in my opinion, which this is not. It is best to call this a rerun of TNA than TNA 2.0.
--Scott

#8922 1 year ago

My vote is we call it "Total Nuclear Annihilation Collector's Edition". They are going to update the Spooky website asap.
--Scott

#8943 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

How do the 1-2-3 targets (located at the top right of the reactor area) work in terms of rules?
From the videos I've watched, you have to hit them in order to advance and they reset on ball loss. But I'm not sure how they impact the game.

If you hit 1-2-3 in order, they max out the reactor value. If your reactor value is already maxed, they advance the reactor. If your reactor is critical and maxed out, they do nothing.
--Scott

#8976 1 year ago

I get asked a bunch what Mods to put on the game. Here is my default answer.

I would definitely recommend getting the lit side rail and hinge kit from Hooked On Pinball.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p115/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-TNA-Side-Rail-Illumination-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p130/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-Ghost-Hinge-Add-On-for-Rail-Kit.html

As for pinstadiums, I do not personally like these on this game as it makes the lightshows much less impactful. I know they tried to integrate it a bit into the lightshows, but I just personally think they are unnecessary and did not fully capture what I was going for.

A cliffy is probably not needed as this game has a built in protector inside the scoop. Just put a bit of mylar where the ball can hit the edge of the scoop cut out and you will be good to go. I personally never protected mine and it is still solid.

--Scott

#8985 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I can assume that TNA never had spring washers installed based on your post.
Any idea on why the flipper coils will buzz or hum when trapping the ball?

Oh, I know why the flippers buzz like that! It is because I am PWMing the flipper power on the main winding when you hold up your flipper. This helps reduce the knockdowns that can happen when balls hit the upright flipper at high velocities. It is totally normal to make that sound and no, TNA did not come with spring washers on the coil. What the sound is actually indicating is that you do not have your speaker volume turned up enough.
--Scott

#8986 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Is anyone else getting UPS emails saying your Spooky package will arrive and then UPS continues to update it?
Just annoying to see that. I joined the fang club late where I should not get goodies so I’m not sure why this was sent to me.
Anyone else experience the same?

Ask in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-fang-club/page/5#post-7133419

#8990 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Digit display posted previously is no longer available is this the correct one to upgrade TNA now?
https://www.pinballlife.com/dual-numeric-display-assembly-for-rick-and-morty.html

That will work, but it is a white display. There will be more green ones available when the CE run gets underway. Many people do put the white ones in though.
--Scott

#9021 1 year ago

Nice! Yeah the butter cab really makes the pink stand out. I have a butter cab myself and it is crazy bright. Nice find!
--Scott

#9035 1 year ago

Hey Guys,
I don't have any insight into the manufacturing side of this at all, but I would recommend reaching out to Spooky directly. They will answer your questions.
--Scott

#9040 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Original TNA has a thicker playfield compared to R&M and ACNC, should it still use the standard Williams flipper bushing rather then the spooky specific one? TheNoTrashCougar

Oh, no need to worry about the flipper bushings. Spooky will have the right ones installed on the game from the factory.
--Scott

#9042 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Would a menu option to replace "the beep" be possible in the new code?

It would not, sorry.

#9047 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Yes please add a siren code especially if we want to add a physical siren to the game? Maybe when one of the reactor is about to get destroyed?

So this is already in the game. To install a siren, here is what you need to do.... ..but you need to do this at your own risk as I and Spooky take no responsibility if you break stuff or hurt yourself. If you do break stuff, it will be easy enough to fix though... This is not for the faint of heart as it is a very complex installation to do correctly and safely, but here are the high level steps on how it is done.

Step 1: Buy a 120v Siren and a 12v relay that can switch 120v AC. Usually automotive relays can handle up to 220vac on the switched side, but double check.
Step 2: Disconnect your backbox LED Strip
Step 3: Directly connect your backbox LED strip to a 12v power source in the game
Step 4: Connect the 12v side of the relay to the Backbox LED Strip connector (sot the relay is now controlled by the game)
Step 5: Connect your 120v siren to the switching side of the relay, so it turns on when the backbox LED gets triggered.
Step 6: In the service menu, navigate to "Gameplay (Feature)" and change "Backbox Drive Last Reactor Only" to "Yes"
Step 7: In the same menu, change "Annihilation After Reactor" to whichever reactor you think you can destroy.

This will ultimately turn on the backbox LED driver when the last reactor goes critical. This will in turn trip your relay activating your siren. Crazy, right???

ADDITIONAL INFO: If you want the siren to go off on every reactor, just attach the relay to the beacon light. That comes on for every reactor, just make sure you disable the beacon in attract mode otherwise you will get a good scare every once in a while.

Again, please don't do this unless you know exactly what you are doing. This is pretty advanced and you can break stuff or hurt yourself if you are not careful. In fact, don't do this at all. Yeah, that's right, I changed my mind, don't do this.

--Scott

#9057 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

If I beat the game on reactor 3, will the game just continue to reactor 4 etc?

In this example, the game would end on reactor 3. This setting was made so that people could do challenges to a certain reactor. I love doing 1 reactor challenges, because it forces you to think about how to maximize your points. You want to max out the reactor, set up multiball, but not release the multiball until you are ready to destroy. There are a bunch of other things you can do too since you have 3 balls to work with. If you accidentally trigger multiball too early, you can focus on just smashing jackpots while trying to max out the reactor value. This is much easier said than done though and makes for a good time. OK, back to my morning coffee.
--Scott

#9061 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Hey TheNoTrashCougar does the updated reactor display (with the 2 LED lights) you recently coded use the same one that Rick and Morty uses? I'm putting together a PinballLife order and want to be prepared when you release the new code. Thanks!
https://www.pinballlife.com/dual-numeric-display-assembly-for-rick-and-morty.html

That is the same display, but with white colored numeric digits. The ones in TNA CE are bright kelly green. I might need to make code to dim them down a bit actually. HAHA!
--Scott

#9063 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Gotcha. Will the new kelly green displays be available to purchase? I upgraded my lower display a long time ago and it is green so I'd like to keep the green up top in the reactor as well. I found my old order but when I click on "reorder" I get an error code.
[quoted image]

We do not have that in stock anymore. Those are gone forever. There are some brighter kelly green ones that are going into the CE versions that we will sell once the run gets underway. We need to make sure we allocate enough for the run first.
--Scott

#9065 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Hey, NoTrashCougar (Scott), I love TNA, and I owned a 1.0 and have a 2.0 on order with a 3.0 in my wishlist. But couldn’t you have employed a more green theme, like Total Windfarm Slight Breeze or Total Solar Blackout? Just wondering.
Great job tho!

HAHA!

#9076 1 year ago

Just a heads up... That is a stock Shhot again / core numeric display for TNA. It does not have the additional RGB LEDs on the side of the segmented display like the R&M and the upgraded version of this.
--Scott

#9083 1 year ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Is the updated code for the original games available? I didnt see it.

I will eventually push a code update, but it wont be anything amazingly spectacular except for the jukebox mode, which I think is pretty cool.

Just a reminder that we made sure the CE run and originals were all wired the same with the same hardware in them. That means all and any code for TNA will work on any TNA machine no matter when it was run.

--Scott

#9101 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hey guys - first TNA problem I’ve come across. I’ve played a hundred games or more without an issue on the newest code and now all of a sudden a few minutes into a game a large section of lights stop changing and either flicker or stay on white. Power cycling fixes the problem but only for a few minutes. I thought maybe a connector came loose from the shaking but everything seems to be tight underneath and I can’t seem to manipulate it. Software problem? Is there an LED board that controls the whole left side and drain timer? The issues I’m seeing start generally with the ball drain timer and spread to the middle bonus display area and up the left side.
[quoted image]

So this is definitely an issue with either a flaky power connector or serial cable on your LED board line. Definitely replace the IDC connectors with crimp connectors to bulletproof this game. I have posted this a bunch of times here on how to do it and which connectors to use. I cannot seem to locate the post though.. Just swap the IDC power connectors to Trifucon crimp terminals in the crimp and stuff housings and you will be good to go!
--Scott

#9105 1 year ago
Quoted from loneranger:

Will the CE's have this from the factory?

Yes, Spooky now uses all crimp and stuff connectors from what I have been told.
--Scott

#9107 1 year ago

Hey Everyone! I just compiled a beta version of the latest code I have been working on (1.5.0b2). Feel free to download and let me know if there are any issues. The changelog and link are below. I am very excited about this release!

This will obviously work on any run of TNA machine.

################################################################################################
v1.5.0b3 - 10/02/2020 - Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
- Fixed issue with music resetting at the end of multiball when it was not necessary to restart the song
- Slight sound effect mix balancing
- Scorbit misc bug fixes
- Fixed bug where the game would not allow you to completely erase your name on the high score name entry screen

- Added support for the upgraded core numeric display
- Lightshows updated to include new RGB LEDs in upgraded core display
- Jukebox mode added (hold both flippers for 5s in attract mode)
- Jukebox mode settings to enable/disable the mode (for operators, on by default)
- Jukebox mode settings to enable/disable beacon (off by default)
- Added new song for when reactor is started AND value is maxed out
- Spinner Rip Count added to LCD
- Spinner Rip Count high score category added with default of 30 (so please lube your spinners!!!)
- Scorbit handling completely restructured and now will attempt reconnects when the connection is lost
- Scorbit now reports bonus x and reactor temperature

## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15vkSmmWEm9iTAdyv_eOOryJGQ2jO1Fuv/view?usp=sharing

################################################################################################

Some other various notes:
- For spinner lube, I recommend using a tiny bit of Super Lube on the spinner shafts to really get the thing spinning. PBL sells it at the link below.
https://www.pinballlife.com/super-lube-all-purpose-oil.html
- The upgraded core displays in green will be available in limited quantity after the TNA CE run is well under way. But for now, we do have a few of the Rick and Morty upgraded displays in stock which are white in color.

Thank you everyone for the continued support here!
--Scott

#9112 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Agree with the above, great new song, love the jukebox and it includes your other album as well, awesome! 51 spin rip in first game (518 total), will have to work on it some more.
Only thought is that while volume control works during jukebox, it does not show you what volume level you have it set at, might be handy.
thanks TheNoTrashCougar

Thanks guys! Yeah that volume thing is a bug and it totally my fault. I will fix that before this version becomes official. I might even add in more of my music just for fun.
--Scott

#9113 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Agree with the above, great new song, love the jukebox and it includes your other album as well, awesome! 51 spin rip in first game (518 total), will have to work on it some more.
Only thought is that while volume control works during jukebox, it does not show you what volume level you have it set at, might be handy.
Oh, and a random order function might be nice too. give us an inch...
thanks TheNoTrashCougar

OK Volume issue is fixed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15vkSmmWEm9iTAdyv_eOOryJGQ2jO1Fuv/view?usp=sharing

#9128 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Quick question for the group. My auto launch will sometimes send the ball in an errant way and it will pop up and hit the glass. It does not happen often, maybe 1 out of every 10-15 times on average. I've inspected the shooter lane, nothing is impeding. I turned the power down all the way to 15, and tried multiple settings 15-25 and have the same result. When I plunge the ball, no matter how hard I pull back the shooter rod, the launch is always clean.
As a result, I think my auto launch device is causing the issue. Has anyone experienced this? The mech seems to be operating normally and appears to be positioned correctly but I'm sure there is something I can adjust on it that may help I'm just not sure what. Any input would be appreciated! I'm really enjoying this machine, it is a blast to play and the sound and lights are really fantastic.

Actually, mine is wearing out too and getting a bit sloppy on auto launch. There is a Nyliner in there that is probably worn out. Here is the part: https://www.pinballlife.com/14-snap-in-nyliner.html

Here is where it goes on the assembly:

I have not yet swapped mine out to see if that solves it, but that is most likely the issue. Your autolaunch weldment is probably moving side to side too much and not hitting the ball square.

--Scott

#9129 1 year ago

I also wanted to mention that Wilddogarcade will be streaming the new TNA beta code tonight (10/5/22) at 8pm ET. on their Twitch channel here: https://www.twitch.tv/wilddogarcade

This version of the software, if it does not break or do something I need to fix, will be the version rolling out with the new CE versions of the game. And yes, this version will work on your TNA machine too! I will also be there to answer questions as needed.

Lube up your spinners!

--Scott

#9136 1 year ago

Here it is everyone!!!

V1.5.0 has been officially released!!!

https://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=4962

TNA V1.5.0 (resized).jpgTNA V1.5.0 (resized).jpg
####################################################################################
v1.5.0 - 10/05/2022 - Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
- Fixed issue with music resetting at the end of multiball when it was not necessary to restart the song
- Slight sound effect mix balancing
- Scorbit misc bug fixes
- Fixed bug where the game would not allow you to completely erase your name on the high score name entry screen

- Added support for the upgraded core numeric display
- Lightshows updated to include new RGB LEDs in upgraded core display
- Jukebox mode added (hold both flippers for 5s in attract mode)
- Jukebox mode settings to enable/disable the mode (for operators, on by default)
- Jukebox mode settings to enable/disable beacon (off by default)
- Added new song for when reactor is started AND value is maxed out
- Spinner Rip Count added to LCD
- Spinner Rip Count high score category added with default of 30 (so please lube your spinners!!!)
- Scorbit handling completely restructured and now will attempt reconnects when the connection is lost
- Scorbit now reports bonus x and reactor temperature
####################################################################################

Thank you to all that helped me test this out!!!

#9141 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah mean 2022 not 2020

I seem to always have typos in my changelog. Will update. hahah
--Scott

#9146 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I was wondering this too, but it seems like it should be identical to the official code. I updated mine before the volume adjustment during Jukebox mode was updated, but to my knowledge this should be the only feature you are missing if you installed Scott's first beta release a few days ago.

Please always update to the production release code. Do not leave beta code on your game as it sometimes has little things wrong with it.

#9157 1 year ago
Quoted from fourvdean:

just for reference while playing on the new code today
i got mystery award "locks enabled" and the game immediately ejected another ball for a sort of 2 ball multi ball
except when the first ball drained flippers dropped/ball ended as it recognized to 1st ball as the only ball
not sure if this is a code glitch or a glitch with my game specifically, just putting it out there for reference
cheers Dean.
PS, new code is awesome, juke box is so good and really noticing light show improvements

That is most likely your jam opto triggering thinking a ball fell into the trough. You may need to replace the IDC connectors on your trough opto board with the Trifurcons (both sides of the harness). I have seen this before.

Some added info on why this occurs:
I have the software set up in TNA where if the game notices anything strange with the ball handling, it will err on the side of making sure there is a ball in play. I did not want the game to get into a "soft lock" situation where it thinks there is a ball in play and there is not. Is what I did perfect? Nope, but it works well to keep the game running on location. I need to review all of this and make some tweaks eventually, but it works great as is.

--Scott

#9176 1 year ago

TheNoTrashCougar
Hey Scott, I have a question for you.
When I get my TNA CE, I would like to remove the back box to get it down to my basement (I have a stairway from hell).
Question is this; have they made the wiring easier with molex connectors so I can remove the back box easily?
I remove and disassemble Sterns completely and bring them down piece by piece. Stern has made it very easy to do this. I don’t even need a helper to bring it down to my basement when I do it this way.
Lmk, please.
Some pics attached of GOTG I just brought down on Thursday this week.

I am unsure how easy it is, but I recommend you reach out to Spooky and ask, they will have an answer for you.
--Scott

#9189 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Thanks TheNoTrashCougar for your key post on the frosted lit drop targets. Pretty easy install if you know your way around a drop target assembly. Love this upgrade, really makes the game pop even more.
[quoted image]

No problem at all! These are coming installed as standard on the CE versions of the game and are fully integrated into the software.
--Scott

#9198 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Hi there! I've got a leader board question:
We played coop VS mode a lot and the best (2 players) team will be coop team champ in the leaderboard. That mode is so good on that game. But if you do 3 or 4 players coop mode you compete the same highscore entry, but it's far easier, isn't it?
Shouldn't there be different scores for 2,3 or 4 players coop?
Sorry if asked before, couldn't find anything about that.

Yeah there probably should be different high score boards for all these combinations, but at the time, I had to draw the line somewhere or I would have never released the update. I suppose I could add another high score entry for 2v2, but it starts getting messy adding one for 2 and 3 player co op.
--Scott

EDIT: I added the 2v2 leaderboard to my to do list.

1 week later
#9335 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Rumor fact check. Is it true the lock down bar is different on the new TNA, and therefore the old stainless lock bar won’t fit? I would be stunned if that’s true. I have a CE coming, but I bought a set of stainless armor from PL because I personally prefer it to the black.
Hopefully the rumor is debunked.
Thx.

You just need to buy the original lockdown bar receiver. But yes, the new lockdown bar is the same as R&M, HW and UM. This is the newer style that Spooky has been using lately. This was totally not a malicious thing, just a use of standard parts currently in their lineup.

Here is the lockdown bar receiver that works with the old style stainless lockdown bar. Along with the other stuff you will need to convert your game to look like the first run.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-lockdown-bar-lever-guide-receiver-assembly-wpcwpc-95.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=D-12615
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-200-0042-00
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=01-9011-R_01-9011-L_SS_ghost
https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-gray-legs-set-of-4.html

EDIT: So, you may also need to move the hanger brackets on your playfield for this as well. I have not dissected a CE version yet, but I think it might have homes in the playfield for both hanger bracket positions.

Thanks,

--Scott

#9337 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

I guess this is more of a code question to Scott. On the Danesi lock, I've had a bunch of shots for lock 1 go in, you hear the pressure release noise, but the second drop target wasn't fast enough to lock the ball. Since the ball isn't captured, the game doesn't give you credit for lock 1. Is that intended?

But as far as the mech, I'm not sure if this is something specific on my lock 1 or just how it will occasionally function. I've had a lock 2 situation where the drop wouldn't go back up fast enough and I'd have 2 balls in lock 2 area. This has only happened a handful or so times in 60 plays, so I'm guessing it's just a thing on rocket shots?

Does the 3rd drop target fall down? This is not really common, but I have seen it lag before and miss a lock shot on my game. But if this happens a lot, def turn down the power of your flippers. Are you using powerballs? I will look into the code to see if I can do anything about the speed of this, but it has not been a huge widespread issue that I have heard.

#9356 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You just need to buy the original lockdown bar receiver. But yes, the new lockdown bar is the same as R&M, HW and UM. This is the newer style that Spooky has been using lately. This was totally not a malicious thing, just a use of standard parts currently in their lineup.
Here is the lockdown bar receiver that works with the old style stainless lockdown bar. Along with the other stuff you will need to convert your game to look like the first run.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-lockdown-bar-lever-guide-receiver-assembly-wpcwpc-95.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=D-12615
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-200-0042-00
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=01-9011-R_01-9011-L_SS_ghost
https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-gray-legs-set-of-4.html
Thanks,
--Scott

So, you may also need to move the hanger brackets on your playfield for this as well. I have not dissected a CE version yet, but I think it might have homes in the playfield for both hanger bracket positions. Can someone verify?
--Scott

#9361 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks, Scott. That’s not the end of the world. I have everything else, I just need the old style receiver. I’ll order that. The 2 playfield hangers should be easy enough to move, if necessary. Also, did the original TNA have the gray Bally legs? I ordered the chrome ones without ribs. I thought they matched the stainless best. As long as they are the correct height. Thanks.

Awesome. Yeah the originals had Ball Gray legs on them as a tribute to the 80s Bally games.

#9370 1 year ago

For the record it is supposed to hit the top of the right sling if it is a slow roller or a short plunge. A fast orbit should clear it and go to the right flipper smoothly. Enjoy!

1 week later
#9481 1 year ago

Hey guys! So the flipper thing. The flippers on TNA should not be running hot enough to have them lose any power. If you are seeing this, you need to 100% make sure they are adjusted properly. They should move up and down vertically only about the thickness of a credit card, no more or less. This will ensure no binding. Also, you can turn down your flipper power a bit too, I might have the defaults kinda high. I think this CE version has a new power supply in it and I do not have one to test to make sure the default power setting is correct.

Anyone think the default flipper power is too much?

--Scott

#9499 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

What board set is the CE run using? I believe that the original used PROC?

It's the exact same Multimorphic P3-ROC system as the original. Same wiring and everything.
--Scott

1 week later
#9603 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Replacement backglass looks great!
[quoted image]

Wow! That updated backglass does look nice. Did you put a color filter over your score displays??? Neato.
--Scott

#9625 1 year ago

Very cool with the filters guys! Fun fact, the TNA CE numeric display has a dimmer on it now to tamper down the brightness if needed. Just look for the dial on the display assembly.
--Scott

1 week later
#9681 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Hi having trouble updating my original TNA. We have formatted in Fat 32, redownloaded code, used several different brand usbs but the game will not recognized them. Our guess is the game isn't seeing the usb drive and want to get the bios to come up. Does anyone know what key to press on start up to go into bios to check for usb drive.
Thanks,
Al

I would try and put the USB stick in a different USB port on the PC and see if that works. Are you getting anything on the screen when the USB is inserted?
--Scott

#9701 1 year ago
Quoted from Jtrzerocool:

Is this just a happy coincidence or did Spooky actually understand what my screen name meant and throw in a few Easter eggs?

When you first power up your game, the machine will scan your WIFI and any logged in computers on the network. Once it gathers some of the login data, it will compare those usernames to a set list of high score groups and upload them to your machine. The TNA machine is just an over priced data collection unit. The software it is running to do this is called GIBSON. Sorry, I shoudl probably add this to the changelog.
--Scott

#9710 1 year ago

Hey Everyone!
If you want to upgrade your original run TNA with the new dual numeric displays used in TNA CE, here is the link to the replacement parts.

https://www.pinballlife.com/shoot-again-display-assembly-for-total-nuclear-annihilation-ce.html

Just make sure you have software v1.5.0 or newer installed.
--Scott

#9747 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

At one point I thought Scott mentioned putting together a kit to do the lit Drop Targets, but I haven't seen it listed on Pinball Life.
I'd love a kit for that and for the speaker lighting. Flipper buttons, too.

Yeah, the story about that was we (PBL) decided not to make a kit as it was a pretty advanced install for most people. We would have made a service call nightmare for ourselves. So I posted the BOM and how it is installed in that link above.
--Scott

#9756 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

That’s awesome! I played Scott Danesi on his own TNA, at his house, and I’d only played TNA once before, and I beat him. However, I think he took pity on me and let me win. He was, after all, trying to sell me a Pinbot.

For the record, I totally did not let you win. I told you if you could beat me, I would give you 100 bucks off the game, so I was playing for real.

#9766 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Guessing the amp shouldnt be set to full power? This is how it came from factory.[quoted image]

No, it should not be at full power. Please follow this guide and it will sound great.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/33#post-4247418

--Scott

#9768 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hey guys sorry for the probable repeat question but I can’t find this answer and don’t have direct access to measure. Is the TNA 1.0 playfield thin like the newer spooky games (ie - Rick and Morty)? I’m asking for bushing purposes. Trying to determine if I use the new shorter bushings for TNA or the original ones.

Its not thinner to my knowledge, leave the bushings that came in the game in it. If you are having flipper problems, just be sure the vertical adjustment is done correctly to reduce friction from the mech.
--Scott

#9834 1 year ago

Does this happen to anyone else? I get cheated on multiball sometimes.
[quoted image]

The software definitely knows that the balls are there and stacked. You can still get multiball by hitting them out. Multiball will function normally. How did you get cheated?

This stacking is happening because you lightly brushed the first drop target causing the locked ball to bounce up a little and touch the center drop the center drop falls and the 2 balls are now locked together. Make sure that the center drop target is able to fully sit on the rest ledge and the mech is not mounted too close to the front of the hole in the playfield. If the drop makes contact with the front edge of the playfield, it will not be fully sitting on the rest ledge when in the up position.

--Scott

EDIT: Fun Fact, if you have ever noticed a multiball given to you and you are not sure why, this is what is happening... The software is constantly watching the lock area and keeping track of the balls there. If something weird happens with a drop target/opto, or a ball escapes, etc., and the game cannot deal with it, it will just say "screw it" and lower all the drops and start multiball for you. It is pretty rare for the game to completely lose track of the balls, but I have seen it happen once in a while due to a failed opto or drop target switch. The software is definitely not as smart as we would be managing the locks, but it is absolutely faster. I for one fear our eventual robot overlords.... Doing dumb shit fast is scarier than doing smart shit slow. Have a great morning everyone!

#9875 1 year ago

Last night I had my game in attract mode and the drop targets went through a cycle as if they were in a ball search. It was only the drops and it happened a few times. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Yeah, your drop target optos were flaking out. Most likely the transmitter wire harness connectors need to be upgraded to crimp and stuff connectors.

Check this post for info.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/157#post-6318926

#9877 1 year ago

Thanks Scott! Appreciate the response. BTW I I turned on the jukebox mode last night and just let it roll. Great feature.

No problem at all! I am really glad you guys are enjoying the jukebox. I will put more in it as new albums are released.
--Scott

#9882 1 year ago

If putting the Pink protectors on the game, make sure to switch your multiball GI color to "Teal". That will give the best effect for that color protector. You can find this setting under "Gameplay (Feature) -> Multiball GI Color" in the service menu.

Here are the multiball GI colors that I would personally set for each color protector set.

Green Protectors: Multiball Color = Blue
Pink Protectors: Multiball Color = Teal
Clear Protectors: Multiball Color = Green

Thanks,
--Scott

#9888 1 year ago

My drops are not coming down on their own.
Any idea why it might be doing this?
’m

Run your drop test in the service mode. I bet your little brass fingers that manually drop the target are not adjusted properly.
--Scott

#9890 1 year ago

My drops are not coming down on their own.
Any idea why it might be doing this?
’m

Also, during ball search, it will not release the balls that are locked as it knows they are there and accounted for.
--Scott

#9891 1 year ago

I just ran the test for the drops and it looks like the middle one is the one that’s not working. It resets but doesn’t drop down when I run the test.

Take a look at the mech and see if there is a physical issue with the dropping mechanism.

#9901 1 year ago
Quoted from negz:

Folks with CEs, note that the pink protectors Pinball Life sells look like they need some modification to fit the CE. Specifically the lane guide protectors that come with the CE are shorter than those sold by PBL - they don't go all the way up to the top of the lane guides. It didn't seem like the pink ones I bought would fit (I'm planning to try cut them down to size). I kind of like just my slings being pink, though I'm going to try switching the protectors around the pops too for an asymmetric look.
Credit to Psychicdrive and Stellar Strike from Detroit for the idea - their TNA on location at Offworld Arcade / Checker Bar has mixed green and pink protectors, mixed green and purple flipper rubbers, and a one-off commissioned custom backglass (photo attached below). Super cool.

Wait a second. Please post a picture of how the pink lane guide protectors do not fit the CE. It is all the same parts. Thank you,
--Scott

#9902 1 year ago

Not sure if you saw what I added to my last post.
Brass finger position is ok.
On the 1st drop… I tried doing a voltage check at the two small holes where the wires go to that coil, when I have in the test mode to the drop the target. It pulses the voltage to quickly so I can’t read the voltage on my meter. But I can see a break in the voltage every time it pulses.
It doesn’t do anything on the second drop.[quoted image]

You need to test on the power side of the coil to ground to make sure there is power getting to the coil.
--Scott

#9906 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Hey Scott. Where can I order a backboard Plastic? Mine looks like it met a few balls when someone lifted the hood. Would like to get a clean and shiny new one.
Thanks.

This can all be handled through Spooky.

#9911 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

The green ones that come with the CE don't go all the way up the lane guides, but end after the upturn "nubbin'" style. The pink protectors from PBL continue up to the S-A-V-E inserts and have a hole for the Philips screw at the top of the lane guide. Fits perfect on mine.

Oh gotcha, yeah, when I redrew the plastics that we sell at Pinball Life, I extended up the plastic to the top of the lane guide. This helps keep balls that get airborne off the slings from going into the outlane. It's an upgrade.
--Scott

#9943 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

TheNoTrashCougar Hey Scott, from your (the creator\designer’s) vision how sensitive should the reactor sling\switches be? My lower slings are very sensitive, just the slightest touch, but the top ones take a decent bounce to activate and the leaf switch isn’t pushed against the rubbers. Was just curious if the top reactor ones are purposely not set that sensitive to make it more challenging?
I know I can adjust to whatever, but I do prefer to play the game as originally intended\designed and who better to ask
Congrats again, truly a masterpiece game.

The slings should be pretty sensitive, but should not rapid fire when a ball hits it. Basically, just make them all as sensitive as you can without them machine gunning and just overheating your reactor immediately. That is not intended and also not fun. Keep in mind too, if they are not sensitive enough, it will actually make advancing the reactor harder as these also act as score switches. I am going to release a beta code soon to help prevent machine gunning of the slings in the core so people get get a bit crazier with the sensitivity adjustments. I hope that answered your question. Thank you so much for the props on the game, it truly is my love letter to pinball and still my favorite overall pinball machine.
--Scott

#9947 1 year ago
Quoted from Jtrzerocool:

Question... I got GC on TNA tonight and it blanked out my score until after I entered my initials. Is this normal? I had no idea what my score was until after. See attached photo; player number 1. Code 1.5.0.
[quoted image]

Not normal, if that happens again, replace the MAXIM chip on the back of the player 1 position. It could also be not seated properly, but most likely it is failing. This is the part: https://www.pinballlife.com/maxim-led-display-drivers-8-digit-led-display-driver-ic.html
--Scott

#9949 1 year ago
Quoted from Jtrzerocool:

Thanks for the quick response Scott. I sincerely appreciate you always being willing to help out. Another thing, thank you for this amazing game. This was my first NIB pin and I've known that I wanted it since 2018 when I played it at a show here in California. This game will never be leaving my collection.

Oh no problem at all! Thank you so much for supporting the project. I am still shocked that this many people liked this crazy idea I had for a pinball machine.
--Scott

#9957 1 year ago

Well… I had thought that initially and when I checked it (twice on all the coils) I read 48 volts DC constant. So not sure what’s going on there. Hopefully Scott will chime in and help me figure this out.
Otherwise I guess I’ll have to wait until next week when spooky gets back from their Christmas break.

These coils run at 48vdc. Looks like you have a wiring issue or driver board communication issue unfortunately. See if you can get a seasoned tech out there to take a peek at it or have Spooky walk you through what to look for. I, unfortunately, do not know what is up with it without digging into it physically.

Also, check continuity on your signal wire all the way back to the board.

--Scott

#10033 1 year ago

Yeah, let me clarify what is up here. The whitewood version that I made for myself has something called a bandpass sub box in it that I designed and built. This is a sub box where the sub fires into a sealed chamber and the back of the subwoofer is vented out the bottom of the machine. This is very good at removing high frequency interference and getting the most out of a subwoofer. The sound system in the whitewood is a 600w Kicker car stereo system that runs on 12vdc. There was no room to build and manufacture this box in production, but I still wanted to reduce the amount of rattle on the machine so I asked if Spooky could build a sealed box around the sub to make it sound better. This solution for production worked out pretty well and sounds great, but it is no 600w, 4 ohm, highly tuned sound system.

IMPORTANT NOTE: For those of you taking apart your production sub boxes. Please seal the box with silicone calk before reassembling. Put it on all the inner joints of the box and then hit the outer joints once you screw it back down. You want this box as air tight to the rest of the pinball cabinet as possible. ALL the sound should exit the bottom of the machine for the best experience. A pinball cabinet makes a terrible speaker box. Trust me on this one... Science and Math.

If you guys want more out of your TNA sound systems, I recommend disconnecting the subwoofer from the amp and using an external sub like a Polk PSW10. But honestly, you probably do not need to go that route unless you are trying to share the soundtrack with the neighborhood like I do.

Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone!

--Scott

#10041 1 year ago

For those of you with slingshot issues. Please check and make sure that the slingshot kicker arm is not resting against the back of the sling rubber. If it is, try unscrewing the assembly and shifting it backward and screwing it back in so the arm is slightly away from the sling rubber. You can also slot the holes in the slingshot mech for fine tuning. You will need to re-adjust your switches if you move this assembly obviously, but this will make sure that the rubber can flex properly and trigger the switches before "bottoming out" on the kicker arm.

I just looked at my TNA OG and the sling kicker arms are all about 3/16"ish back away from the sling rubber.

--Scott

#10048 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I encountered a situation last night that I had to tilt out of:
Somehow during multiball I ended up with a ball behind the third/rear-most drop target. I thought, "Great, I have one ball left after I drain out!". Well, after losing my last ball in play I waited for the auto-search to bring me that ball. The drops twitched during auto-search but didn't drop and release it. There are optos behind the first two drops to detect a ball but not one behind the third, so the game didn't know the ball was there. I ended up nudging hard enough to get it into the scoop but caused a tilt.
Has anyone else encountered this situation? If I had waited longer for ball searches would the drops have lowered and released the ball?

This is a software bug that I am aware of. Sorry about that. It will be fixed in the next release.
--Scott

#10067 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Anyone recommend an adjustment for this scenario: left or right orbit shot -> gate stops ball, but bounces it directly back around the orbit and down to the flippers. I'd say, 9 out of 10 orbit shots that should be stopped and diverted into the reactor core end up bouncing all the way back around. Playfield is level, set at 6.5. All settings are default.

Turn the game off and whip a ball around both orbits and see if it does the same thing. When the game is off, both gates should be at the resting position and will capture the ball and not let it escape down the orbits. If it does get by, then you just need to make a small adjustment to it to make sure it is fully at rest. The spring is probably twisted or stuck.
--Scott

#10095 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

Ok, thanks. I knew that the flipper buttons cycled those but didn't make the connection with the stickers.
Max

This is an old school nod to machines of yesteryear.

#10126 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

TNA CE #186 successfully deployed. Ordered on 12/30 and delivered 1/5 (less than a week later), finally recruited enough hands to get it transported down a set of stairs and set up today.
I only have a few very minor issues out of the box:
- Buzz when holding down the left flipper. Unnoticeable once the volume is turned past 2, and I understand this is a common physical problem that is more or less trivially resolved by filing or reassembling the plunger. (Edit - actually seeing now Scott says this is expected https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/180#post-7147015 so probably won't touch the flipper coils at all)
- Very rarely, the ball will get stuck behind the rollover switches in the upper playfield and require a hard tilt to jostle out. Also easily fixable if it becomes too annoying by gently bending the switches down.
- Outermost drop target on the ball lock failed to drop to begin a multiball, resulting in two balls stuck behind the first drop target until struck again. I checked the error logs and saw it registered there, so at least it seems the software caught the error. Unsure what the resolution there is.
- Looks like maybe a screw is missing from the lower ball save timer display. I checked inside the cabinet by couldn't find it, so it could just be MIA.
As an aside, I love the jukebox mode! Scott has some bops, as the kids say.
My family is having a blast playing and I couldn't be more happy with my first pin. Thank you Scott and thank you Spooky!

Very cool! Here is some info on what you are seeing:

- The Buzz - Totally normal, just make sure the coil stop is tight and you are good to go. I am using a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) on the flippers which you can hear unfortunately. I guess I could do some math and figure out which note this is playing... nah, bad use of time... haha

- If you are referring to the center drop target, this can happen in you have 2 balls locked and you bump the first drop target just right. This will push the front ball into the center drop and actually drop it. When both balls land in the front ball position, the software knows about this and just lets it happen as you still have 2 balls locked. You can free them just like any multiball start and just hit them out. If you do not like this behavior, be sure that the drop target assembly is not mounted too far forward on the playfield. You want the drop target to fully sit on the rest ledge of the assembly. If too far forward, the wood from the playfield could be coming in contact with the front of the plastic drop target and making it barely hold on for dear life.

--Scott

#10127 1 year ago

Just reporting back on the issues that came with my new game. The main operating ones at least. I’m happy to report that the issue is resolved!
AJ sent two boards and I replaced one of the boards today. The top one, that took care of the drop target issue and the non working auto fire issue. So… very happy it’s working now.
I only played one game so far but I ran the drop target test a few times and made sure to let the ball drain to have it auto launch a few times and all is good!
Still need to replace the shooter lane ramp. AJ sent that to. And figure out why the play field glass does not go into the top channel without me having to push on it really hard.
Update***
Just played a handful of games and all is working well with the drops and the auto fire. Almost made it to the 5th reactor! I’ve played TNA plenty of times before but man this is such a rush to play! It’s super fast, fun, chaotic and just amazing. Glad to own it finally.

Really happy you are back up and running! Thank you for the kind words about the game!!
--Scott

#10142 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

On another topic, I'm trying to figure out the Scorbits thing (I've only used it at other locations, never on my own machine (TNA is my first pin)). I have the app, and I put my location and machine in, but I can't figure out how to get the Scorbits app to connect with the machine. Unless... do I have a gross conceptual error? I thought the TNA CE was supposed to come with a Scorbitron -- does it not? idk what i'm doing lol

Unfortunately, TNA does not come standard with a Scorbitron, you will need to buy it and install it.

Design question for Scott or anyone that knows.
on the return from the right orbit… is the ball supposed to return to the right flipper? Mine almost always hits the top of the right sling. The left orbit always returns to the left flipper.
I played a few games again tonight. I can’t wait to level it and set the pitch properly and put some serious time on it this weekend.
since I mentioned that it’s not leveled yet maybe because it’s not perfectly level yet that’s interfering with the right orbit return?

The right orbit should return to the right flipper, but a failed orbit shot, or short plunge, shoudl clip the top of the right sling.

--Scott

#10145 1 year ago

I was having the opposite problem with the left orbit. The ball would glance off the rubber ring at the bottom of the metal orbit guide. After loosening the nut and twice moving it outward as far as it would go, I found it was still hitting the rubber. A closer look revealed that the metaal guide was actually bent outwards (not perpendicular to the pf). I ended having bend the rail so it was 90 degrees to the pf and now all is working perfectly.

Yeah, definitely make sure that the right rail is 90 degrees to the playfield. This will ensure that the ball gets to the right flipper on an orbit. You can always bend is a tad too to make sure it clears on a full orbit.
--Scott

#10148 1 year ago

Ok, not just loose.
The flipper doesn’t seem to pull back like the other. There’s not enough pull it seems like. Not sure why. The flipper mechanism seems fine and moves freely.
With the playfield up, if I manually pull the flipper cylinder in and release it it doesn’t pull back like the other one does.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Adjust the up and down play of the flipper. It should only move vertically when you pull on it, the thickness of a credit card.
--Scott

#10159 1 year ago
Quoted from dssuski:

Anyone experiencing the issue of randomly spitting out two balls into the shooter lane? Seems to happen more often on a ball save, non-multiball situation. Corrects itself after draining a ball and the machine seems to know this happened. This started off as happening once every 10 games or so, now it's every game.

Your Jam opto is most likely flaking out. Do you have a credit dot on the machine?

Quoted from crwjumper:

Does TNA CE come with Invisiglass (or equivalent)? For the life of me I cannot figure out a way to positively identify low reflective glass.

It ships with just normal glass.

--Scott

#10198 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

I actually kind of like those noises -- since they seem to be normal, it is comforting to see and hear the machine doing "normal" things on bootup. And the noise lets my dogs know it's time to go somewhere else (they are not fans of the game).
Max

Honestly, my original does this too. I tried to address it by putting a time delay circuit on certain parts of the system early on, but eventually just abandoned trying to make it boot up silent. This is just an artifact of using a modular audio system like this.

Curious if the 12v delay quiets it down well enough. But I don't really mind it.

--Scott

#10200 1 year ago

I found some very small metal flakes on the pf bottom when making some adjustments so I decided to clean and wax it all. I'm not sure where they came from. Could have been from the manufacture of the machines.
Also my first NIB but mine didn't appear to be waxed.

That is probably a plating coming off a coil stop or bracket. I would not worry about it.

The game definitely do not come waxed from the factory. In fact, I have never waxed mine. I am not sure how common it actually is for people to wax the playfields on their games. It will make it faster though, but at the expense of ball spin characteristics. Do it protect it? No clue... I am no expert.

#10205 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

My ce on location for 3 days keeps resetting after a few seconds of attract mode. Can get to the service menu no problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Checking voltage now
Thanks

See if both of you can grab me the logs from the machine. It is most likely a flaky opto behind one of the drops causing it to freak out. I have a patch coming soon in the software that should keep a rapid firing opto from making the machine reset. Just check the connectors on the transmitters for both optos. That should fix it. Also make sure that your 12v line is on. Easiest way to do that is take a look at the switch boards and make sure that the green LEDs are lit.
--Scott

#10212 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Found that one or more of the drop targets down switch whiskers was not hitting the micro switch when drop is down

Oh weird. It is probably creating some kind of edge case in the switch code and bombing out.

To get the logs, you just put a blank usb into the machine. It will dump the log files and you can send those to me via email. I can make sure this is addressed in the next update. Thank you!
--Scott

#10220 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

It only took me about 250 games to beat it.

Nice work! Now put some power balls in it and do it again!
--Scott

#10235 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

I uploaded a video to YouTube showing the issues.
It did not take long to get the footage I needed to show how glitchy my machine is. The graphics on the screen lag throughout. The machine is fine for a few plays after bootup, but gets glitchy and laggy with more plays. Multiball screws up often in various ways.
0:18 Screen lag
2:31 Can't move CORE lights with flipper, they lag
3:32 Screen lag seen with ball save message, also watch CORE lights, they don't move with flipper
4:17 Multiball starts with only 2 balls
4:34 Flippers die completely
4:41 Ball inexplicably in the plunger
5:40 Ball does not lock
6:18 After ball gets stuck in right gate (can't seem to get it adjusted), machine does ball search, but afterwards leaves the 3rd drop target down, allowing ball to go into scoop

Go into switch test and hit your playfield and see if any switches are glitching out. That is very very strange though. If no switches are being glitchy, try and reinstall the latest software from tnapinball.com.

Thanks,
--Scott

#10257 1 year ago
Quoted from membername:

Well damn, when I push the start button, the game reboots. Here is what led up to this issue.
1. Received the speaker light kit and grills from Spooky.
2. Spooky had pre-assembled their connectors into their small and large adaptors, but the one on the leftmost side (the small adaptor) was pre-assembled into the wrong slot (they had it in the top slot) according to Spookys install photo found earlier in this thread.
3. So I took it out of where they had put it and put it in the lower slot like the directions show.
4. Game booted up fine, but when I press the start button it reboots.
So, of course I put their small connector back where they had it (top slot of small adaptor), and tried it. Same result. Took the kit out entirely and same result.
Any ideas?
K.

Send me the log file to [email protected] and I will see if I can tell what it is doing from there. I can check it later tonight.
--Scott

#10277 1 year ago
Quoted from membername:

Ok, this issue had nothing to do with the speaker kit from Spooky, which is installed and working great. I found the answer in a two year old post from Damonator in this thread. In code 1.4, if you set the mystery tilt warning award to “off” in settings, then the game reboots when the start button is pushed. Scott fixed this in the new code. So, I updated the code and all is working! Thanks to Scott and to AJ at Spooky for being willing to help, I really appreciate the offers!
K.
Edit: Also, thanks to Damonator and everyone else helping in this thread, it really is a great resource for owners.

Oh Awesome! This is great news. As a public service announcement, please update your games to the latest production software from www.tnapinball.com. Especially if you are running any sort of beta code.
--Scott

#10287 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

How did you do a factory reset?.. what are the steps.. just curious

The factory reset he is referring to is just him reloading the latest software. On TNA, when you load software, it completely resets everything like it would have been from the factory.

#10295 1 year ago

Hey everyone,
I would not worry about those errors, they are just things that were disabled in the Linux image most likely, but that stuff is beyond my level of expertise.

What is not beyond my expertise though is creating a new Beta version of the TNA code. Please see the changelog below and if you feel like giving it a test, please do. If you encounter any crashes or weird behavior, please reach out to me and let me know what you are seeing. A log file also helps me greatly if you get any crashes. This should solve the issue with the death loop that a couple machines were getting into when they lost an SW-16 board.

This obviously works on both the OG and CE version of the game.

##########################################################
v1.5.1b1 - 01/20/2023 - Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
- Fixed issue that upon certain opto failures would cause the game to boot loop
- Added left sling to burn in test
- Fixed issue with ballsearch when entering Service Mode

- Added software switch debounce for additional reliability when switches get flaky
- Added new feature called "Last Ball Overtake" that will fire the knocker when any player of a
non-co-op multiplayer game passes the leader on the last ball of the game.

## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ln8Hja7rSSpJ4EO8kZkg-4WMQS9JY3h3/view?usp=share_link

##########################################################

--Scott

#10298 1 year ago
Quoted from lcc1729:

#184 arrived today with the following issues. Was only able to get one game in before it started boot looping on me.
- CORE switches and all switches in the reactor fail the switch test
- Right scoop doesn't kick out the ball, but it does pass the coil test
- Machine reboots a second or two after the loading bar completes on the title screen, though I can get into Settings and the burn-in test seems to work fine
- There was a noticeable delay (2 seconds or so) between the locked balls being physically released and multiball mode starting
I've skimmed.through the past month or so of posts here and have seen some mention of boot looping, but not while also having an issue with the reactor switches and right scoop all at the same time.
Any suggestions for what I should try? I see that Scott just posted a new beta version, I might try that this weekend if all else fails, or maybe wait til Monday to call Spooky

Load the new beta code that I just posted and find out why the switch board on the right side of your playfield is not functioning. This seems to be happening a lot on the new ce games for some reason. But definitely hit up spooky on Monday, they are pretty helpful.
--Scott

#10300 1 year ago

You need to check the power connectors to your PD-LED boards. If these are flaky, it can cause the LEDs to do weird things and get stuck. Use crimp connectors with Trifurcon terminals and you will be all set.

#10302 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Ok soi checked all the cables to the boards and there was one semi loose/unseated ribbon cable. But I can’t tell which one is the power cable. Does anyone have a pic or diagram of the specific power cable for the pd led boards?

It's the .156 2 position connector. Also check and make sure that your 3 pin serial data cables are nice and tight in these boards.
--Scott

#10306 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So.. ignorant question. Knowing this is a simple issue and known fix, why was that not performed by Spooky for CE editions?
I don’t have a problem doing it myself if/when I experience this problem… but would have been nice these “gotchas” where performed already.

Unfortunately, I am not a Spooky employee and have no idea what the QC process looks like. I am just trying to help with first level support when I have time as I made a moral promise to do what I can, within reason, to make sure people are happy with their TNAs.
--Scott

#10307 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

I forgot to take a picture of the connector that was loose. But basically they did try to make sure it was secure. There was hot glue on the connector clearly intended to hold the connector together. However, the glue was actually preventing the connector from seating all the way. Removed the glue and it seated just fine. Not sure if you can picture that. They probably should take a little more time with the glue, but they are definitely trying to make sure the connectors stay put.

Definitely let me know which connector was loose and causing this problem. I have been trying to chase this down for a bit on random people's games.
--Scott

#10310 1 year ago

I just posted a pretty lengthy blog post on my website about how to get the most out of your TNA sound system. I know I posted the amp settings a while back, but this has more information on the sub chamber as well. Hope this helps you guys!

Enjoy!

https://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=4984

#10313 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Ok so I left it on for over an hour played one game and let it transition into attract mode. No freezing at all. While I did put pressure on all the connectors to confirm they were seated, I’m pretty sure it was the loose connector causing the issue. I marked it in the photo below.
[quoted image]

Unfortunately, that is an output connector to the LEDs. The issue that you were seeing is a power input or serial data issue. The power connector on the board is a 2 pin .156 pitch connector. The serial data is coming in on a 3 position .100 pitch connector on a gray cable. These boards pass the serial data in and out of them, so make sure to also check the serial connection of the board that is upstream from the board that was having the issue. This problem arises and goes away and I have never got 100% conformation what was actually causing it.
--Scott

#10315 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Hey Scott, I have been trying to update my og TNA to 1.5 and your Beta version from 1.4.2. With both versions the game just sits on the update logo for over 2 hours. When I reboot the machine, it obviously won't boot as the update hasn't completed. However if I update back to 1.4.2 the update completes in a few minutes and asks me to reboot, so I have ruled out the usb drive that I am using etc. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Use a different USB stick and redo the download. I have had this happen to my machine randomly and I just restarted the machine with the same USB in it and it loaded. I am unsure why this happens sometimes, but it is no big deal really. Just give it another shot.
--Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

887 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thenotrashcougar. You are on page 3 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thenotrashcougar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/3?tu=thenotrashcougar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.