(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 239.
#1901 6 years ago

The art is relative to the game but not exact, we made our own renditions.

#1902 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Thanks for hosting Pete! TNA was an amazingly fun complete package pin! Time to slowly hypnotize the wife each night with a subliminal audio tape loop telling her she NEEDS a TNA!

Great time. Put the deposit down now and you will have a number of months to convince her!

#1903 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

The art is relative to the game but not exact, we made our own renditions.

Is this an official topper or a 3rd party topper? Looks good either way. If its' 3rd party, just curious to find out why you made your own renditions and not match it up perfectly with the playfield/art? Still planning to get one, but more curious than anything... Is spooky coming out with a TNA topper down the road?

#1904 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Is this an official topper or a 3rd party topper? Looks good either way. If its' 3rd party, just curious to find out why you made your own renditions and not match it up perfectly with the playfield/art? Still planning to get one, but more curious than anything... Is spooky coming out with a TNA topper down the road?

I do not know what Spooky is going to do. I doubt they will do a topper as the siren is the official topper. We didn't want to steal anyone's artwork so we made our own rendition that would fit the original art. I discussed this with Scott the designer of the game before I did anything and will be testing it at his house this week.

#1905 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I do not know what Spooky is going to do. I doubt they will do a topper as the siren is the official topper. We didn't want to steal anyone's artwork so we made our own rendition that would fit the original art. I discussed this with Scott the designer of the game before I did anything and will be testing it at his house this week.

Ah, ok that makes sense, and that was the impression I had... I really like the artwork, too bad it does not match the exact theme of TNA somehow, as it takes away from it slightly, and it's a bit obvious the artwork is different... I know how complicated artwork copyright can be too, so I"m still in on the topper

#1906 6 years ago

Ahhhhh..... some things just belong together

Absolutely LOVING my TNA! Believe me, it’s worth the wait.

D9E5CE46-EC7C-4905-9D25-5C6D0F39F0A0 (resized).jpegD9E5CE46-EC7C-4905-9D25-5C6D0F39F0A0 (resized).jpeg

#1907 6 years ago

In Atlanta for a conference. Went to Portal last night and played TNA. After the first two games I walked away saying how did I ever consider buying this.....
But then a few stern games later I went back.
And back
And back.
Over a four hour period I kept going back and kept dying.. during hour two I finally defeated the first reactor. It's as far as I got all night. Got a high score of 444,000 on one game but not sure how I did it.
Told the wife I'm not sure if my first home machine should be one that kicks my butt.
But yet I awoke this morning with my
mind still figuring out the budget to do so.
It's got a pull for sure.

#1908 6 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Told the wife I'm not sure if my first home machine should be one that kicks my butt.

Having the same problem (TNA is my only machine right now) but I still love it.

Will sell it eventually when I can't bear the humiliation anymore but it's a perfect game in what it intends to be.

#1909 6 years ago

Anyone noticed in the Christopher Franchi presentation that the lock unter the GotG Orb was a full Danesi Lock in the prototype?

gotg (resized).jpggotg (resized).jpg

#1910 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Anyone noticed in the Christopher Franchi presentation that the lock unter the GotG Orb was a full Danesi Lock in the prototype?

...or maybe just inline drop targets.

#1911 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

...or maybe just inline drop targets.

The leftover target in the production version auf GotG is used for short ball locks also (wich is nothing new, Star Trek did this also) but therefore it's relatively safe to assume that this would have been a ball lock.

#1912 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The leftover target in the production version auf GotG is used for short ball locks also (wich is nothing new, Star Trek did this also) but therefore it's relatively safe to assume that this would have been a ball lock.

Notthe possible spacing or optos for stealing the scott lock. That is just metallica inline drops which obviously got cut from bom for production.

#1913 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Notthe possible spacing or optos for stealing the scott lock. That is just metallica inline drops which obviously got cut from bom for production.

For a Danesi lock you need a set of optos looking right behind the drop target.

#1914 6 years ago

Looks like inline drop targets to me, full Danesi would blow the budget (JK).
I would rather have the current Grout and a single ball trap rather than the proto design shown.
Hope to be paying for #119 here shortly. With my luck it will be done last week in May when I have company in town.

#1915 6 years ago

Whysnow - You're propably right. Not because of the optos but that they just took the target bank over from Metallica.

Fortytwo - You can make it without optos,... jut not very relieable.

#1916 6 years ago

Back on topic...

CO OPmode ROCKS! So much fun and big thx for adding this!

Also need CO OP versus mode!

#1917 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What?

#1918 6 years ago

Co-op vs would be great, two teams battling to see who can destroy the most reactors. Perhaps an unlimited ball game where teams (or individual players) compete to see who can get to and destroy #9 first.

#1919 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here is our newest topper design for Total Nuclear Annihilation. I will be testing it on Scott's game next week and hope to have it interact with the siren topper on the game. Here are some pics and a vid.
» YouTube video

Oooh that looks nice

#1920 6 years ago

After getting some more games in on TNA today, a couple thoughts.

1. There might need to be some nickname for the first ball of your first game. Especially after playing anything else.

I have been able to put up some mean scores and destroyed 6 reactors, yet without fail the game totally eats my lunch on that first ball. And it's usually comically bad. Really gotta find the groove with this one.

2. I'm officially mad at every other game for not giving me extra tilt warnings from the mystery awards.

#1921 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

2. I'm officially mad at every other game for not giving me extra tilt warnings from the mystery awards.

Earning or winning extra tilt earnings is the best and most underrated award in Pinball. I know there’s a couple of other games that do it (jjp?), but have no idea why it’s not more common.

I’m thinking Stern discourages it’s use because they are worried about mistreatment if location games (since that is still a large part of their market). I still think it’s a lost opportunity that they don’t use it as a feature.

The best is earning Tilt warnings, like you earn add-a-ball, rather than from mystery.

I’d also love to see more games show the movement of the tilt-bob, by making the bob itself a more prominent part of the playfield/game, or video of it in the corner of the screen.

#1922 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Earning or winning extra tilt earnings is the best and most underrated award in Pinball. I know there’s a couple of other games that do it (jjp?), but have no idea why it’s not more common.
I’m thinking Stern discourages it’s use because they are worried about mistreatment if location games (since that is still a large part of their market). I still think it’s a lost opportunity that they don’t use it as a feature.
The best is earning Tilt warnings, like you earn add-a-ball, rather than from mystery.
I’d also love to see more games show the movement of the tilt-bob, by making the bob itself a more prominent part of the playfield/game, or video of it in the corner of the screen.

Very good idea! It would be cool if when you pushed the TNA a digital tilt-bob ( cheap digital accelerometer ) would pulse the playfield LEDS somehow or have special affects with lights and sound etc.

#1923 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Back on topic...
Also need CO OP versus mode!

Coop was the way to go for fellas at TPF Saturday afternoon. Really great time there... and whysnow isn’t half bad either; boys got skill

50ADC7F3-67F3-47CF-B089-467E1C2695DF (resized).jpeg50ADC7F3-67F3-47CF-B089-467E1C2695DF (resized).jpeg

#1924 6 years ago

I got to play TNA at TPF. Fun game. I can't afford one. No money. No space. But maybe someday...... What I can't find is an answer to how many of these is Spooky going to produce? So...how many of these will be made?

#1925 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I got to play TNA at TPF. Fun game. I can't afford one. No money. No space. But maybe someday...... What I can't find is an answer to how many of these is Spooky going to produce? So...how many of these will be made?

unlimited production run, so if they are still getting orders, they will be making them.

#1926 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Coop was the way to go for fellas at TPF Saturday afternoon. Really great time there... and whysnow isn’t half bad either; boys got skill

fun to be able to hang w/ you and play some games! Always great to find a pinhead with such similar taste in games and then we become easy friends in real life!

Wish I lived closer and could help out with your game room build project!

#1927 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Where is the artwork on this?

#1928 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Where is the artwork on this?

That is the prototype

#1929 6 years ago

Do we wax the TNA playfield, and if so, what wax should I use?

#1930 6 years ago

I was just thinking the other day about the use of the 1's digit as a counter for the # of reactors destroyed...such a cool idea! Then i was thinking, it's inevitable that one day that single point will make someone the winner in a ridiculously close game. Then i noticed the scores you happened to catch in that pic :

_20180319_113438.JPG_20180319_113438.JPG

#1931 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I was just thinking the other day about the use of the 1's digit as a counter for the # of reactors destroyed...such a cool idea! Then i was thinking, it's inevitable that one day that single point will make someone the winner in a ridiculously close game. Then i noticed the scores you happened to catch in that pic :

Good news bad news situation. That is co-op mode. All players work together towards destroying the 9 reactors, but only the player who destroys the actual reactor gets the point for its destruction, very fun. I can't wait to add this code to my location so people can team up.

#1932 6 years ago

Ahhh, well that makes sense! So even though it is cooperative there can still be a 'winner' in the end. Co-op is a super cool feature in it's own right! Can't wait to finally play some TNA at Pinfest!

#1933 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Ok... I see the post below you now explaining it. Not as crazy as I had first thought.

#1934 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Good news bad news situation. That is co-op mode. All players work together towards destroying the 9 reactors, but only the player who destroys the actual reactor gets the point for its destruction, very fun. I can't wait to add this code to my location so people can team up.

Whoa did I miss the co-op announcement? When is the code update coming? That mode sounds awesome!

#1935 6 years ago

It's pretty great.
2 + 5 + 0 + 2 = 92 + 5 + 0 + 2 = 9

#1936 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's pretty great.

I double checked his math and he’s correct they defeated the game.

#1937 6 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Whoa did I miss the co-op announcement? When is the code update coming? That mode sounds awesome!

2nd this. Is co-op mode already in 1.1.02 code? I didn't see anything like an announcement. Sometimes it's like there's a whole other half of a conversation happening somewhere else around here.

What's the deal with Co-op mode?

#1938 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

What's the deal with Co-op mode?

It was beta testing at TPF this weekend. Peoepl learned about it mainly form a few streamers (Owlnonymous) that had the co-op beta before TPF.
Word spread on how to start up games and people played a bunch of co-op

It is basically where you select to play as a team (2, 3, or 4 players) to try and beat the game. Everyone has the same score except last digit denotes # of reactor kill shots.

You keep your own lane saves, but everything else is as a team.

Way fun!

Hopefully co-op versus (players 1 and 3 vs 2 and 4) becomes a reality also.

#1939 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It was beta testing at TPF this weekend. Peoepl learned about it mainly form a few streamers (Owlnonymous) that had the co-op beta before TPF.
It is basically where you select to play as a team (2, 3, or 4 players) to try and beat the game. Everyone has the same score except last digit denotes # of reactor kill shots.
You keep your own lane saves, but everything else is as a team.
Way fun!
Hopefully co-op versus (players 1 and 3 vs 2 and 4) becomes a reality also.

Thanks for the explanation. So only available to inside beta testers currently.

That does sound fun, and 2nd the idea of 2, 2 player teams vs. mode. Be a great fun-tournament entry!

#1940 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's pretty great.

Good job player 2!

#1941 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Thanks for the explanation. So only available to inside beta testers currently.
That does sound fun, and 2nd the idea of 2, 2 player teams vs. mode. Be a great fun-tournament entry!

rumor is that it will be out of beta testing soon and available to the general public.

Fingers crossed for soon I want to play it more!

#1942 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for the clarification. That mode sounds so addictive. I still need to put down my deposit!

#1943 6 years ago

Co-Op mode is really a genius idea. It works perfectly with the ones digit indicating the # of reactors blown up by player. It's always fun to rag on your friends

To expand on Vs. Co-Op mode, a Red VS Blue on the score displays would be awesome, to indicate the teams of 2. It's too bad they're not RGB, but the LCD screens could be changed to a split-screen display. Just another visual cue as to what mode you're playing in so there's no confusion.

#1944 6 years ago

Or you could just use colored gels if and when Scott does a 1&2 VS 3&4 mode, or however he’s going to program it. 1&3 vs 2&4...
(Team magenta vs teal! )

#1945 6 years ago

I finally got to play a tna yesterday when picking up a game.

I'm just blown away. I was in a rush but played as many games as I could. It lived up to the hype.

#1946 6 years ago

I had never seen or played a TNA before TPF. To be honest, I didn't understand what all the fuss was over - no modes, no ramps, no toys, minimal cab/playfield artwork. But yet - all my friends that had one kept telling me how awesome it was. Heck - Bryan Kelly actually owns *2* TNAs!

On TPF Thursday night, some friends introduced my son and I to Scott. Scott is a super cool guy and spent a full 20 minutes walking us through the ruleset and features of the game. After a couple of games, I finally get it. It's frustrating, yet addictive. It shoots like butter and allows you to consistently make shots if you have the skills...and consistently fail if you don't. It has great visual feedback and audio feedback as well. But here's why I love the game - it's the first pinball I've played that makes me *want* to become better at pinball. My son came to TPF with virtually no pinball skills - but he left TPF knowing how to do dead passes, post passes, flick passes and multiball cradles. Finally, after 13 years - my son is starting to love pinball and learn the skills to play better.

My son purchased a translite and we were fortunate enough to have everyone involved in the game sign it at Spooky's booth.

Thanks Scott for an amazing game - I hope to be owning one of these very soon.

IMG_0843 (resized).JPGIMG_0843 (resized).JPG

IMG_0827 (resized).JPGIMG_0827 (resized).JPG

#1947 6 years ago

I need a pic of the back of Scott's sweatshirt!

#1948 6 years ago

I keep hearing Scott is awesome. Any truth to that?

#1949 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I keep hearing Scott is awesome. Any truth to that?

None. He pays people to say that, it's sad really.

#1950 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

None. He pays people to say that, it's sad really.

I figured that was the case.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/39?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.