(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 239.
#1851 6 years ago

Sent a deposit in today, it'll be a long wait, but worth it!

#1852 6 years ago

Is there a TNA for public play in NYC?

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is there a TNA for public play in NYC?

Not yet to my knowledge. I have one on Long Island. 45 minute drive/train ride. Having some people over to play on Friday night if you want to come join. Send me a Pm and I’ll give you the address.

#1854 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Not yet to my knowledge. I have one on Long Island. 45 minute drive/train ride. Having some people over to play on Friday night if you want to come join. Send me a Pm and I’ll give you the address.

Friendly pinball community for the win!

#1855 6 years ago

Any thoughts on general longevity for the casual player?

I've been drifting more and more away from the toy- and gimmick- filled games. And I generally don't like deep rulesets. Hated AC/DC for that reason.

#1856 6 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I've been drifting more and more away from the toy- and gimmick- filled games. And I generally don't like deep rulesets. Hated AC/DC for that reason.

I still play mine if that counts for anything.
--Scott

#1857 6 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

If you don't like deep rulesets, this game is right up your alley. I've also moved away from long playing games, and this one is definitely up there with brutal, fast, and short ball times. It makes progressing through the game that much more rewarding.

#1858 6 years ago

TNA is more like video games from the 80s - no save points, you just have to push through in one sitting.

#1859 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I still play mine if that counts for anything.
--Scott

No, your opinion doesn't count

#1860 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

TNA is more like video games from the 80s - no save points, you just have to push through in one sitting.

Also, now with Co-Op mode, it makes it even more like 80s video games. I'm thinking Contra

Just needs a cheat code for 30 lives SCOTT THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!

#1861 6 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I've been drifting more and more away from the toy- and gimmick- filled games. And I generally don't like deep rulesets.

Then you will love this game.

#1862 6 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

No, your opinion doesn't count

Quoted from NJGecko:

Greg come on over and play if you are free.

#1863 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've also moved away from long playing games, and this one is definitely up there with brutal, fast, and short ball times. It makes progressing through the game that much more rewarding.

I am curious what data shows here. I have not owned the game long, but by audits I think it might have longest average ball time of any of my DMD.

With the relative ease of multiball, ball saves and the save lanes it seems to have a lot less brutally short games.

#1864 6 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I sold my ACDC to fit TNA, and for me it was a big upgrade in terms of wanting to play.

#1865 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I am curious what data shows here. I have not owned the game long, but by audits I think it might have longest average ball time of any of my DMD.
With the relative ease of multiball, ball saves and the save lanes it seems to have a lot less brutally short games.

I'd agree. I think casual players will have some brutally short ball times until/if they can velocitize their reaction times to what the game demands. However, more experienced players that are familiar with the game's ball save mechanics and are "warmed up" to play defensively can have some decent ball times for sure.

However, even with longer ball times the intensity level never lets up, which is a defining characteristic for this game and what makes it so fun.

Here are my audits from approx. 1 week of play on location incl. during league nights with likely a lot of league players on it (sw v1.1.0):

Avg Ball Time: '0:56'
Avg Game Time: '2:50'
Avg Score: '384,050'

Not particularily short by any means.

Last week I put up 1.5m on the one warm-up game I played before league started, and 40K during my league match (probably my lowest score ever). You have to be "loose" to play this game well. If you are "behind the ball" even the slightest bit certain doom awaits!

#1866 6 years ago

I have extra mylar sheets. Will there be spots where I can apply some on TNA? Not sure how long the sheets will store for ( before they will loose their stickiness )

#1867 6 years ago

#104 has reached critical mass!

Time to get annihilated!!!

Mugsy approves

18F77720-58D8-4B62-92F0-EC0EF8D84103 (resized).jpeg18F77720-58D8-4B62-92F0-EC0EF8D84103 (resized).jpeg
94148071-DB38-4E17-92B5-907D85E7A22E (resized).jpeg94148071-DB38-4E17-92B5-907D85E7A22E (resized).jpeg
E8F93C7A-EB6F-4112-A413-F6E8658FCC92 (resized).jpegE8F93C7A-EB6F-4112-A413-F6E8658FCC92 (resized).jpeg

#1868 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

#104 has reached critical mass!

Time to get annihilated!!!

Mugsy approves

Congrats! 65 more to go for me.

ps: any self-respecting Buffalo ex-pat should be christening the game with a Genny Cream Ale! I kid I kid

#1869 6 years ago

Or at least have a 75” TV to go with the Bulldog...
Savages I tells ya’!

#1870 6 years ago

Has anyone posted video of the lighted side rails? I really want to see that mod in action before I spend the money on it.

#1871 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Has anyone posted video of the lighted side rails? I really want to see that mod in action before I spend the money on it.

I don't think there is much "action." Either they're on or they're off.

#1872 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I don't think there is much "action." Either they're on or they're off.

I didn't realize that. In that case I think I'll pass on this one.

#1873 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I didn't realize that. In that case I think I'll pass on this one.

Scott has them on his personal game.

#1874 6 years ago

I just put them on my game. Here is a pic. Will try to get a better pic with the lights off. There is an option to have the lights turn on and off every few seconds.

F4243828-165E-4CBC-A001-F1D9BC4CBBAD (resized).jpegF4243828-165E-4CBC-A001-F1D9BC4CBBAD (resized).jpeg

#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Scott has them on his personal game.

He's known better now as, Hot Tub Scott.

#1876 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He's known better now as, Hot Tub Scott.

Scott Jacuzzi.

#1877 6 years ago

Speakering of mods... How those speaker grill/lights coming?

#1878 6 years ago

Pmaino Thanks for the pics. It does look cool. I'm officially on the fence.

#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

pmaino Thanks for the pics. It does look cool. I'm officially on the fence.

I'd go with the Speaker light kit that should be available soon before the lighted side-blades. The speaker lights will be fully integrated into the game lighting as well.

#1880 6 years ago

Anyone else out there notice their beacon light making a loud grinding noise? Doesn’t seem right.

Was able to take cover off & inspect, but I don’t see any loose parts. It’s a pretty simple corkscrew/gear mech, so the sound might be coming from the motor housing?

No setting to turn the beacon off either from what I could see. Reached out to Spooky, but I know they are busy at TPA this weekend.

#1881 6 years ago

Check the key posts in this topic. A fix has been posted.

#1882 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Can someone please post a fix for the becon light? Mine sounds like a rock tumbler.
I tried lubricating the gears as Bryan Kelly suggests, but I think there’s more to it.
Fixed: put super lube down the outside edge of the bulb socket. This kept the plastic reflector from rattling back and forth when spinning which is where the sound is coming from.

Here's the fix, I need to do it too.

#1883 6 years ago

Picked up the “super duper” 13 LED 89 for the beacon from Cointaker today. Looking forward to upgrading some TNA red light speshul when I get home.

A51E070D-4ED7-45F6-A9F7-9614A2A69306 (resized).jpegA51E070D-4ED7-45F6-A9F7-9614A2A69306 (resized).jpeg

#1885 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Anyone else out there notice their beacon light making a loud grinding noise? Doesn’t seem right.
Was able to take cover off & inspect, but I don’t see any loose parts. It’s a pretty simple corkscrew/gear mech, so the sound might be coming from the motor housing?
No setting to turn the beacon off either from what I could see. Reached out to Spooky, but I know they are busy at TPA this weekend.
» YouTube video

You should play TNA with audio on; better game and you won't hear the beacon.

It is kinda loud when in silent room but the Beacon is usually off in Attract Mode.
And yes you can turn it on/ off (in attract Mode).

#1886 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Picked up the “super duper” 13 LED 89 for the beacon from Cointaker today. Looking forward to upgrading some TNA red light speshul when I get home.

Let us know how this looks. Curious if it’s worth upgrading.

#1887 6 years ago

I have a 5 led that’s in there now and it’s still not bright enough compared to the original incandescent bulb.
I also went with a red 13 because both of the other bulbs still seem too “pink” underneath the dome.

#1888 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I have a 5 led that’s in there now and it’s still not bright enough compared to the original incandescent bulb.
I also went with a red 13 because both of the other bulbs still seem too “pink” underneath the dome.

Is it worth the upgrade? How does it look with the 13 led?

#1889 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I really like the sound of the low rattle when the beacon is on. It adds a cool atmosphere to the reactor going critical. But I don't get that regular other noise you are getting every once per turn.

#1890 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I really like the sound of the low rattle when the beacon is on. It adds a cool atmosphere to the reactor going critical. But I don't get that regular other noise you are getting every once per turn.

I LOVE it. It's agood soundcue that you failed and it's the next's turn.

#1891 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Is it worth the upgrade? How does it look with the 13 led?

I dunno, I’ll let you know on Monday. (After TPF... )
Hopefully it’s disco bright.

#1892 6 years ago

Here is our newest topper design for Total Nuclear Annihilation. I will be testing it on Scott's game next week and hope to have it interact with the siren topper on the game. Here are some pics and a vid.

thumbnail (resized).jpgthumbnail (resized).jpg

thumbnail (4) (resized).jpgthumbnail (4) (resized).jpg

thumbnail (1) (resized).jpgthumbnail (1) (resized).jpg

#1893 6 years ago

I'm not a topper guy but that looks good

#1894 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here is our newest topper design for Total Nuclear Annihilation. I will be testing it on Scott's game next week and hope to have it interact with the siren topper on the game. Here are some pics and a vid.
» YouTube video

I will get one of these for sure.

#1895 6 years ago

Got to play a production game at TPF yesterday. Spooky did a great job, nice quality and played even faster then the whitewood Now even more excited to get my game! Based off the numbers people are posting I'm hoping for an email next week.

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Having some people over to play on Friday night if you want to come join. Send me a Pm and I’ll give you the address.

Thanks for hosting Pete! TNA was an amazingly fun complete package pin! Time to slowly hypnotize the wife each night with a subliminal audio tape loop telling her she NEEDS a TNA!

#1898 6 years ago

I think those guys are on the playfield and/or plastics.

#1899 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think those guys are on the playfield and/or plastics.

They are? Then I apologize and I'm deleting my post. I guess I haven't studied the plastics that closely.

#1900 6 years ago

Maybe they're the guys on the backglass with some artistic liberties?

matt-andrews-tnabackglassas (resized).jpgmatt-andrews-tnabackglassas (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.