(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 239.
#1751 6 years ago

Are we supposed to send crash logs somewhere? First 2 player game played after delivering it the game locked up calculating bonus. I'd like to help out best I can. I just told the bar to reboot the machine if it locks up.

#1752 6 years ago

Just found proof that Scott is “evil”....not only are the reactors now slowly cooling down (which is brilliant) but on reactor 4, you can only shoot one side of the loop to access the reactor (ie. only one of the gates will stay closed). And which side is open alternates with hits to the pop bumper (which is evil in itself).

BTW, I’ve noticed that occasionally either of the top gates are closed (indicated by the pink lights at the loop entrances) allowing you to access the reactor and build up its value even if the reactor is not active. How do you qualify this? Number of hits to pop or number of loops?

#1753 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

BTW, I’ve noticed that occasionally either of the top gates are closed (indicated by the pink lights at the loop entrances) allowing you to access the reactor and build up its value even if the reactor is not active. How do you qualify this? Number of hits to pop or number of loops?

Not sure if I have the same thing happening, but initially it was just the left loop switch was pretty munted but it just happened again tonight I'll need to look at it again. Might want to have a look to see if they're working, may need to be re-adjusted.

#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Not sure if I have the same thing happening, but initially it was just the left loop switch was pretty munted but it just happened again tonight I'll need to look at it again. Might want to have a look to see if they're working, may need to be re-adjusted.

#1755 6 years ago

Did Scott say more songs are being added over time?

I love the music, but was curious if more of his catalog will be weaved in as code develops.

This game kicks ass.

#1756 6 years ago

Time for me to order factory installed mods. (#107) I’m thinking of shaker, knocker, mirror blades from pinballlife. Are the speaker lights and light up rails EL paper available for factory install and if so where do I get those? Stand up target decals also? Are those others worthwhile mods?

Thanks

Darin

#1757 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

For some reason, the past couple of days, I can't unsee this.

Ugh. THANKS A LOT!

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone know how this is qualified?

#1759 6 years ago

Are they up to the 300's yet?

#1760 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Are they up to the 300's yet?

I heard it’s near 350 now....500 here we go!

#1761 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I heard it’s near 350 now....500 here we go!

HAHA. I meant out the door. I'm 337.

#1762 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone know how this is qualified?

It depends on which reactor you are on. Reactor 1 both will be lit when the reactor is started. Not sure if it's reactor 2 or 3 only one will be lit at a time and alternates based on bumper and sling hits I think.

But you have to have the reactor started for them to block the ball at the top to dump it into the reactor.

#1763 6 years ago

With the newest code, both lanes will be lit until reactor 4. Thanks Scott!

#1764 6 years ago

I think he is talking about when the reactor is not started. You can open the core entrance on either side by rolling over an inlane switch and the orbit will light for a few seconds on the opposite side. So you need to make a quick shot to the orbit and it will trap and drop the ball into the core.
--Scott

#1765 6 years ago

Oh...Thanks! I should have read back a few posts.

#1766 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I think he is talking about when the reactor is not started. You can open the core entrance on either side by rolling over an inlane switch and the orbit will light for a few seconds on the opposite side. So you need to make a quick shot to the orbit and it will trap and drop the ball into the core.
--Scott

Thanks Scott. Love getting an answer directly from the designer.

Nice feature allowing you to build up reactor values without reactor being active. I guess it’s a less risky way to get the scoop also now I know how it works.

#1767 6 years ago

#81 has landed on Long Island!

838A64DA-C309-434E-A935-1156C062706C (resized).jpeg838A64DA-C309-434E-A935-1156C062706C (resized).jpeg

#1768 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just found proof that Scott is “evil”..

More proof....”tilt next player” award from mystery.

#1769 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

#81 has landed on Long Island!

On my way.

#1770 6 years ago

All are welcome! Just PM me.

#1771 6 years ago

Stupid question - how do I reset the high scores? When my screen was out I put up a 3.2 mill but entered all A's because I couldn't see the letters and now it's stuck as GC. I'd like the customers at the brewery to put their name up on the board and it's covered with my high scores because I was playing it non stop in my living room. I did a factory reset and it didn't clear the scores.

Also on a side note, the bartender asked me to turn the game up last night - mad props on the detail that the sound goes to 11. AMAZING!!

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Stupid question - how do I reset the high scores?

I couldn't find a way to do it from the menus, either. If you reload the code, it resets them, though.

#1773 6 years ago

There is a factory reset in the service menu that will reset the high scores and audits for you. I am embarrassed to admit, I think I just did not think about adding a high score reset option to the service menu... oops.. I will get it in the next release.
--Scott

#1774 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I did a factory reset and it didn't clear the scores.

I thought I tried this as well, but Scott says it should work. I do know for a fact that reloading the code, even the same version, via USB will reset them.

#1775 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well I spoke too soon. My game did the wonky right flipper thing again. I'm not going to be able to do much more testing as the machine is going on route tomorrow. I'm sure I'll hear about it from my league players.

I ended up dropping the left scoop power. It moderately decreases the surprise of that eject, but I haven't had an issue since.

I didn't try playing with the hold strength, I guess I feared that those setting are not really well rested and might overheat the coil.

#1776 6 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar can you explain the tilt settings. There was denounce time, # warning and something like sensitivity (I don't remember the exact name). What is does that third setting do?

#1777 6 years ago

There is a factory reset in the service menu that will reset the high scores and audits for you.

You might want to test this as it did not work for me. I can try it again Saturday when I'm up there to confirm.

Another suggestion is a setting to auto reset the scores after X number of plays. I believe TAF is factory set to 1000. It really keeps the competition going when people come in and the scores are gone and I can honestly say I didn't do it.

#1778 6 years ago

I have to give an honest update.

I'm sitting here next to my TNA in test mode, listening to the music (with the update all reactor songs are available) loving it...

...but I really suck at playing it (or maybe pinball as a whole).

Max I got to was reactor 4. :-/

(That said I really have to admit that it's my own sucking, I never ever felt that I lost the ball without my own fault... wich is quite different to Ghostbusters for instance.)

I think I'll up to 5 Balls.

Dear Scott for your next game (if ever):
I love your music, I love Matt Andews Art (finally something else), I love the theme (I love 80's and Sythwave) but next time PLZ keepo everything of that but do something... uh... more 'flowy'/ easy. (For me Sterns Star Trek is the best game ever made, because altough I can never finish it there's this ultra rewarding.shootdown of the Vengeance and a Mini Wizard Mode after a couple of missions.)

For me TNA and JM are the best games ever made, but ST the most rewarding.

I sincerely hope for more cyberpunk games (Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner... anyone knows 'Shadowrun'?) but till then and for the coming months I try to do what Seve Ritchie says:
"Play better!"

#1779 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don't think there's any shame in that. I wanted to play through the entire game, basically listening to the entire album while playing through the game. I set my game to 9 balls temporarily. I still couldn't make it through the entire game, though. For me, it gets really tough once the orbits start alternating.

#1780 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I don't think there's any shame in that. I wanted to play through the entire game, basically listening to the entire album while playing through the game. I set my game to 9 balls temporarily. I still couldn't make it through the entire game, though. For me, it gets really tough once the orbits start alternating.

It isn't. But for me personally (a poor guy that can only afford one state-of-the-art pin in my home/ office) of course something like ST (with soundmod) is a bit more rewarding.

As I said I love it, it's the best game ever when playing with folks, and I'll keep it (for the time beeing) but I'll eventually (in a year or so) switch to an easier game in the future.

But before thet I'll yes OF COURSE change the game to maximum balls and easiest setting (and maybe glass off). XD
(Heck, if I'd known beforehand my Baywatch was able to play "Looking for Freedom" I would've kept it.)

Edit: And AGAIN this is nothing bad about TNA. TNA is great. It's just my personal '1 game environment' and no 1 game can fit everything.
(And with my F14 and Atlantis in the basement 'out of order' for overhaul, TNA really is my only game at the moment.)

#1781 6 years ago

I love TNA because it’s hard, and I sold Star Trek because it was too smooth and boring. Funny how tastes differ.

#1782 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love TNA because it’s hard, and I sold Star Trek because it was too smooth and boring. Funny how tastes differ.

And altough I mostly disagree with you: I hope we agree that this is a good thing.

And on topic: TNA is more fun (for me) than ST when played with friends.
But ST is more fun for me when played alone...

...and I mostly play alone because I'm poor poor fat internet dude.

(As soon I have the bucks to spare I'll buy a NIB ST -and Vengeance Mod- and it'll stay as long as I live. - It may have took a while but for me Bally Atlantis and Stern ST are absolute mus haves that never may leave.)

#1783 6 years ago

Is there a way to get the knocker to crack when getting a high score?
I really like the triple knock of a classic Bally when you get high score to date.

#1784 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm sitting here next to my TNA in test mode, listening to the music (with the update all reactor songs are available) loving it...
(That said I really have to admit that it's my own sucking, I never ever felt that I lost the ball without my own fault... wich is quite different to Ghostbusters for instance.)
I love your music, I love Matt Andews Art (finally something else), I love the theme (I love 80's and Sythwave) but next time PLZ keepo everything of that but do something... uh... more 'flowy'/ easy. (For me Sterns Star Trek is the best game ever made, because altough I can never finish it there's this ultra rewarding.shootdown of the Vengeance and a Mini Wizard Mode after a couple of missions.)
I sincerely hope for more cyberpunk games (Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner... anyone knows 'Shadowrun'?) but till then and for the coming months I try to do what Seve Ritchie says:
"Play better!"

There is something in the works for TNA that I think you might like.

Quoted from brenna98:

Is there a way to get the knocker to crack when getting a high score?
I really like the triple knock of a classic Bally when you get high score to date.

I will add that to my list.
--Scott

#1785 6 years ago

It'd be cool to have some easter eggs where either holding down a flipper button, or doing a combination while starting a new game it played remix'ed or different music.

#1786 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That's not too bad for a game you just got. You know what happens once you get to 10 right?

Id be worried if you said you got to 7 or something already.

I'm at 5th reactor and about 4.4 Million at the moment and cant stop thinking about trying to beat it every day. Even to beat the score by 50000, or another reactor. You psych yourself up for it and have to concentrate or you have no chance. You think of different ways to exploit the rules to get there. You compare with other owners.

No way I want another "please the masses" flow fest. I want a game to fight.

#1787 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

"Play better!"

I stopped waiting for a ghost in the shell or cowboy bebop (my backup theme). So started building one. It’s flowy ish with some mean shots. So check it out. Maybe homebrew builders like scott and other inspire you to make a completely cool cyberpunk game. I would definitely follow.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghost-in-the-shell-the-pinball-complex

#1788 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Amen brother. Did I hear someone say Flash Gordon?

Can’t wait for TNA to kick my ass & teach me a lesson

#1789 6 years ago

There is something in the works for TNA that I think you might like.
--Scott

I'm intrigued.

In the meantime I try to "Play better".

#1790 6 years ago

On behalf of the staff at the restaurant/bar location where my TNA is at, I'd like to suggest perhaps a configuration to replace the giant bass drops at ball end with a really cool bonus meltdown sequence (still fast, but awesome) that might not be heard throughout the entire building due to the low frequencies.

The ball drops are great but everytime someone loses a ball you can hear it anywhere in the building, which is pretty disruptive in a publc venue that isn't just a barcade.

#1791 6 years ago

^Ackk, NOOOOOOOO!

#1792 6 years ago

I do kinda wish there but a bonus meltdown a la Firepower II where the pitch goes so high it rolls over, but not at the expense of sweet bass drops.

#1793 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

On behalf of the staff at the restaurant/bar location where my TNA is at, I'd like to suggest perhaps a configuration to replace the giant bass drops at ball end with a really cool bonus meltdown sequence (still fast, but awesome) that might not be heard throughout the entire building due to the low frequencies.
The ball drops are great but everytime someone loses a ball you can hear it anywhere in the building, which is pretty disruptive in a publc venue that isn't just a barcade.

On behalf of everyone else, maybe your TNA is just at the wrong location.

#1794 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

On behalf of everyone else, maybe your TNA is just at the wrong location.

Maybe. Really it’s only the bass drops that are noticeable away from the game, plus they are so frequent and frankly, get rather tiresome. I said make it optional, geez.

I could detune the bass but the rest of the sound is ruined.

#1795 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Maybe. Really it’s only the bass drops that are noticeable away from the game, plus they are so frequent and frankly, get rather tiresome. I said make it optional, geez.
I could detune the bass but the rest of the sound is ruined.

you think about putting a smaller woofer in there?
maybe one of the paper ones from stern, or even just a regular basic paper car speaker (like 4 1/2 inches).

the low's probably won't be as deep & without vibration, all the other sounds should be pretty much the same. just not as much air being moved.

#1796 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

you think about putting a smaller woofer in there?
maybe one of the paper ones from stern, or even just a regular basic paper car speaker (like 4 1/2 inches).
the low's probably won't be as deep & without vibration, all the other sounds should be pretty much the same. just not as much air being moved.

Or block the ports in the bottom of the cab...

#1797 6 years ago

Or just put a potentiometer in there, but I'd vote you stop being a sissy.

#1798 6 years ago

Just turn your game down? You're seriously asking Scott to change something in the game because some customers don't want to hear the bass. Turn the volume down if people don't want to hear it. Work on a headphone jack, whatever, but take a little initiative instead of thinking the game should change to cater to you.

#1799 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

To give you some serious advice, you're just going to have to turn off the sub because that bass drop at the end of the ball kicks ass at any volume level! This is the thin knob on the amp closest to the coin door which controls the sub volume. Then maybe you can adjust a little more bass into the head speakers so it still sounds somewhat OK.. This will stop the booming bass at the end of the ball and scott doesn't need to adjust the game for one person.

#1800 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

To give you some serious advice, you're just going to have to turn off the sub because that bass drop at the end of the ball kicks ass at any volume level! This is the thin knob on the amp closest to the coin door which controls the sub volume. Then maybe you can adjust a little more bass into the head speakers so it still sounds somewhat OK.. This will stop the booming bass at the end of the ball and scott doesn't need to adjust the game for one person.

This could work, but please be careful if you turn the bass up too high on the upper speakers as this can easily overdrive the amplifier if you do not know what you are doing. I posted a while back about how to properly adjust your amp if it gets screwy. But I still say officially, do not change your amp settings.
--Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/36?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.