(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 239.
#1651 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I do not recommend screwing with your amp settings...... ....but.....

I just voided my warranty. This did wonders on my machine! Much crisper and less farting.

#1652 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Is it possible to do TNA code update with a Mac?

Just format the USB stick with FAT32, I just did that, worked fine.

#1653 6 years ago

Trying to work Mrs. Carmichael into date night @dri’s garage.

First reaction was, ‘no, we are not having date night @dri’s garage’.

Going with a good cup of coffee to start working her into the mood. I’ll keep you all updated on my progress.

A1D6E86E-B6E6-4FA9-8A6D-18D57686CEC0 (resized).jpegA1D6E86E-B6E6-4FA9-8A6D-18D57686CEC0 (resized).jpeg

#1654 6 years ago

‘Hey, Darling, ObiJohnKenobi has awesomely offered to detail your new ride, why don’t we go get a nice breakfast at Carmel Belle?’

92C3447C-7616-4348-9DF8-D07DA659BDF0 (resized).png92C3447C-7616-4348-9DF8-D07DA659BDF0 (resized).png

#1655 6 years ago

‘Suuuuper nice day on the bay today, Honey. I’m glad we decided to take the drive down to Carmel.’

73ABB6BB-4A78-490D-9210-6F565A12BCF2 (resized).jpeg73ABB6BB-4A78-490D-9210-6F565A12BCF2 (resized).jpeg

#1656 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Is it possible to do TNA code update with a Mac?

Yup, easy and no fuss. I’ve updated my code maybe 5 times now, all from OS X on a standard FAT32 formatted thumb drive.

#1657 6 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

‘Suuuuper nice day on the bay today, Honey. I’m glad we decided to take the drive down to Carmel.’

This story better end with some TNA

#1658 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

This story better end with some TNA

A proper happy ending of date night... *snicker* *snicker*

#1659 6 years ago

‘Shit! Totally forgot Talley99 worked here! Hey, @talley99, what’re you doing at 3pm? Come on Darling, what do ya say we go pick up some of Alvarado Street’s latest, pile into your freshly detailed car, and take a nice drive around the bay?’

Hey, @dri, is the invitation I extended myself still on the table? The lady is in! We’re bringing MFP’s finest!

ObiJohnKenobi you down? @yonkiman, we got an empty seat in the new Subie! Wanna round out the crew?

Date night with TNA!

E6789BCC-1F7F-4738-8EAF-E0CD37704DB5 (resized).jpegE6789BCC-1F7F-4738-8EAF-E0CD37704DB5 (resized).jpeg

#1660 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Just format the USB stick with FAT32, I just did that, worked fine.

Also with the Master Boot Record.

#1661 6 years ago

@obijohnkenobi, that Subie all polished up? (Thank you again, you’re a badass!) @yonkiman, please explain to Pinside and the world why you’re not getting any TNA tonight. @talley99, get yo shit together. Let’s roll!

@dri, this may in fact be the only TNA I’m getting tonight! Thank you for the invitation I extended for you for us.

515D373C-5EC9-448C-9D3E-23541D5A08E7 (resized).jpeg515D373C-5EC9-448C-9D3E-23541D5A08E7 (resized).jpeg

#1662 6 years ago

Hey, dri, is the invitation I extended myself still on the table? The lady is in! We’re bringing MFP’s finest!

You're welcome! I don't have much floor space at the minute, just bring it on!

#1663 6 years ago

At this point, Confirmed! The only TNA I’m getting tonight. I did buy some colorful flowers to try and get back in her favor.

I’ll keep y’all updated on my progress.

E4A93BF6-A5F3-40D1-8F9D-F10530C98029 (resized).jpegE4A93BF6-A5F3-40D1-8F9D-F10530C98029 (resized).jpeg

#1664 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not at all like that though. There's nothing random about it, it's part of the risk/reward strategy choice of the player before you. I suppose you could have cases of collusion where one player tries to help the other, but that seems rather far fetched for pinball competition.
I play with competitive players. People like Bob Matthews and Jim Belsito. Nothing but respect for them and their skills and drive to compete. But tournament players can sometimes feel like they're sucking all the fun out of the game. Deal with the randomness, that's pinball. You still gotta play the game. Locking balls isn't particularly hard or risky, it's not something that breaks the game.

The other day at ayci Gogi during league. It's a competitive but fun league. Everyone is pretty good. A couple are really good.

My point.

TNA was popular among my whole group. We all like the stolen ball aspect. It is just fun.

Fun fun fun. That is me though.

But the whole group enjoyed it, too. I like the dynamic it adds to the nights games.

#1665 6 years ago

Remastered music from the Total Nuclear Annihilation Album has been updated

How do I get the update for my cassette tape version? Hah, keep up the good work!

#1666 6 years ago

Destination @dri’s garage, eta now in 24 minutes.

Talley99 and yonkiman have different priorities, I guess.

4C504C09-1035-42D5-B720-385F255133DF (resized).png4C504C09-1035-42D5-B720-385F255133DF (resized).png

EE746783-9709-440C-B666-49D6B83104EF (resized).jpegEE746783-9709-440C-B666-49D6B83104EF (resized).jpeg

#1667 6 years ago

@dri’s garage!

http://mfpinball.org/tna/knockknock.MOV

E8ACD186-ABE3-4166-A075-D5910C9BB42F (resized).jpegE8ACD186-ABE3-4166-A075-D5910C9BB42F (resized).jpeg

#1668 6 years ago

Every time I see that map and Seaside, I have flashbacks of me walking down that road close to your house way back in 1968. With me being at Ft. Ord and in the military, my only escapism was to walk off the post (by myself) and down the road by the ocean. I ain't never felt so lonely in my life!!! We were all waiting on Orders to go to Vietnam.

Can't get over that here it is 2018, I made it through the Army years and I'm still alive . . and I know someone who is HAPPY on that road!

Mike in Kentucky

#1669 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Every time I see that map and Seaside, I have flashbacks of me walking down that road close to your house way back in 1968. With me being at Ft. Ord and in the military, my only escapism was to walk off the post (by myself) and down the road by the ocean. I ain't never felt so lonely in my life!!! We were all waiting on Orders to go to Vietnam.
Can't get over that here it is 2018, I made it through the Army years and I'm still alive . . and I know someone who is HAPPY on that road!
Mike in Kentucky

I’m serious, Mike. Come visit!

Plus! I’ll have TNA in the MFP lineup in around a month. I won’t blame you if that’s the real reason you come to visit.

#1670 6 years ago

Destination dri’s garage, eta now in 24 minutes.

Great to have you over!

#1671 6 years ago
#1672 6 years ago

As my machine spends the weekend in the motor city, I thought I would start to get prepared for delivery.

Can anyone answer how easy it is to take the head off? Ideal would small number of wire to wire cables in a clean harness. Bad would be a large number of unkeyed cables going to random places in the backbox, needing to cut wire-ties, etc.

I guess I want to know if I need to warm up the label maker?

Ps. I hope I haven't already asked this. I feel like I did, but I think that was for Lexi.

#1673 6 years ago

I’m serious, Mike. Come visit!

I may never get there, but it sure is nice to know you are this gracious!!!

If I can get some financial things in order here, there might be a chance I'll make it out that way in about a year.

Thanks!!!
Mike

#1674 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

My "trough 1 and jam" opto board transmitter connector was reversed. Easy fix.

Yup that was the culprit on mine as well. Thanks dri !!!

#1675 6 years ago

Some of the mystery awards that show up in the sequence are wicked. Haven't landed on one yet.

#1676 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Some of the mystery awards that show up in the sequence are wicked. Haven't landed on one yet.

I don’t think that you ever will hit some of the more wicked ones.

#1677 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I don’t think that you ever will hit some of the more wicked ones.

That's just cruel and incredibly awesome if true!

#1678 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That's just cruel and incredibly awesome if true!

What are the chances of getting LIONMAN! I mean does that just win. I don’t know.

#1679 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

What are the chances of getting LIONMAN! I mean does that just win. I don’t know.

LIONMAN!!!!!!!!

#1680 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

If you get LIONMAN you not only win on the game , you also win everything everwhere .

#1681 6 years ago

Step 1: With the game on, take the backglass out and press the volume up or down button on the back of the LCD and bring the pre-amp volume down to 11. It will show on the screen. This is probably set high from the factory, but I found reducing this made the audio quality slightly better.
Step 2: Put the backglass back in.
Step 3: Turn every knob on your amp all the way down until it stops.

(except the volume knob, that's the one on the far right. put that about half way to start; otherwise you'll get no sound at all.)

Step 4: Go to Music Test in the service menu and select reactor 3 by pressing the start button a few times.
Step 5: On the coin door, press the volume up button until it reaches 11.
Step 6: On the amp, turn the second knob from the left (sub crossover) up about 1/8 turn.
Step 7: On the amp, turn the treble just past half way up.
Step 8: On the amp turn the Bass knob up about 1/8 turn. Keep this low as this is controlling the bass output to the upper speakers and could damage them or the amp if set too high.

Here is where it is going to get loud...

Step 9: On the amp, turn up the sub volume very slowly until just before you hear a bit of distortion. This will be pretty loud.
Step 10: On the amp, turn up the Volume knob slowly until before you hear distortion or you feel that is the loudest you would ever have the machine. This is also the time where adjusting the treble up or down should be done.

Important note! If the amp cuts out during any of these last 2 steps, you went too high with the volume and/or Bass knob. Bring these back down so the amp does not cut out as this could damage it.

Step 11: On the coin door, turn down the volume back to a reasonable level and enjoy.

Again, please do this at your own risk. You can damage your amp and/or speakers messing with this stuff.

The procedure worked great for the new code (v1.1.0.02)! Sounds much cleaner and balanced now.

#1682 6 years ago

What is involved in removing the head from the cabinet?

#1683 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

What is involved in removing the head from the cabinet?

I haven't removed it, but here's a screengrab of the cables. Sorry, I don't have better pictures on hand, and I'm at work.

At first glance, it doesn't look bad, but looking closer, there may one of the connectors that go to both the cabinet and backbox. I can't really tell for sure. See the circled connector. I can get a better pic this evening if necessary.

Fullscreen capture 2262018 84346 AM (resized).jpgFullscreen capture 2262018 84346 AM (resized).jpg
Fullscreen capture 2262018 84346 AM Circled (resized).jpgFullscreen capture 2262018 84346 AM Circled (resized).jpg

#1684 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

(except the volume knob, that's the one on the far right. put that about half way to start; otherwise you'll get no sound at all.)

Yes, there will be so sound at all coming from the upper speakers at this point. You need to adjust the sub first.

The procedure worked great for the new code (v1.1.0.02)! Sounds much cleaner and balanced now.

Excellent!

--Scott

#1685 6 years ago

Anyone else have an issue with their display not working? Spooky tech support has been great but I was curious if anyone else had an issue.

My original display just came up completely garbled, checked all connections, swapped HDMI cable for a known good one, plugged the display into my macbook to see if it would work with that. Nothing but garbage on the display. The adjustment menu won't even come on. Sometimes while playing, half the screen would come on but then would go away. I received a replacement display from spooky, exactly the same issue! I mean what are the chances. I wonder if there was a bad batch of display controllers. This one will actually come on while playing for a few seconds here and there, but I can't localize a bad connection on the board by tapping on it.

I have another one shipping out today. We have a knockout tournament planned for next Tuesday so I'm hoping to have it up and running by then.

IMG_20180226_062420.jpgIMG_20180226_062420.jpg

IMG_20180220_160159.jpgIMG_20180220_160159.jpg

#1686 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Anyone else have an issue with their display not working?

The display that shipped in my game did not work, but the first replacement did. In my case, it was the display panel, not the controller. I had an old tablet with a compatible display that I used to verify the controller.

My first display:
20180117_194431 (resized).jpg20180117_194431 (resized).jpg

Testing the controller with another panel:
20180118_203021 (resized).jpg20180118_203021 (resized).jpg

#1687 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The display that shipped in my game did not work, but the first replacement did. In my case, it was the display panel, not the controller. I had an old tablet with a compatible display that I used to verify the controller.
My first display:

Testing the controller with another panel:

I didn't even think of this!! That's a great idea. Unfortunately, I have no LCD laying around .

This makes much more sense than the controller being bad since tapping on it doesn't make the display come on and off but sometimes the ball being in the reactor area allows it to come on.
I do like how it appears to use off the shelf parts so if I ever had the display die in the future it seems like you could use standard parts to repair it.

#1688 6 years ago

Oh man, sorry you had to deal with that guys. These panels were physically damaged. Deez your new replacement panel has been tested and shipped out today!

#1689 6 years ago

Oh man, sorry you had to deal with that guys. These panels were physically damaged. fattdirk your new replacement panel has been tested and shipped out today!

No worries - I'm loving the game even without the display working!! It plays amazing. I'm the fixer type so figured I'd poke around and see if someone had a solution. I can't help myself . The tech support has been top notch.

#1690 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm loving the game even without the display working!!

Plus, Scott gave us the 7 segment displays. Even without the LCD, we still have (had) scoring.

Oh man, sorry you had to deal with that guys.

Like Deez said, no big deal. Stuff happens, and it was fixed promptly.

#1691 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Plus, Scott gave us the 7 segment displays. Even without the LCD, we still have (had) scoring.

The LCD was not originally going to be in the game, but I found it easier to just put it in there for service mode and other stuff. It is not critical to the gameplay.

#1692 6 years ago

The LCD was not originally going to be in the game, but I found it easier to just put it in there for service mode and other stuff. It is not critical to the gameplay.

That's what I've been saying all along!

I do realize though, that some people would look at it sideways if it didn't have a screen in the middle, because apparently, that's "pinball" now...

That's right, I'm THAT guy... "get off my lawn with your fancy movie clips and org-chart rulesets!"

#1693 6 years ago

Will cliffy's be needed anywhere on TNA?

#1694 6 years ago

No, there's no ball drops from ramps and the scoops have built-in edge protection.

#1695 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No, there's no ball drops from ramps and the scoops have built-in edge protection.

Ok, good. What about a full playfield protector? I know some would not want that but I would like to keep it minty fresh...

#1696 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Ok, good. What about a full playfield protector? I know some would not want that but I would like to keep it minty fresh...

You'd have to make one yourself. Don't see how it could hurt anything.

My PF is dimpling like crazy. I know, I know, all NIB games do this, eventually it won't be as noticeable, etc. etc.
I think the dark coloring mid-playfield highlights it a bit as well.

#1698 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

You'd have to make one yourself. Don't see how it could hurt anything.
My PF is dimpling like crazy. I know, I know, all NIB games do this, eventually it won't be as noticeable, etc. etc.
I think the dark coloring mid-playfield highlights it a bit as well.

I love playfield protectors on my games. Smooth as glass, no dimpling. I wish someone would make a TNA protector or share DIY instructions.

#1699 6 years ago
Quoted from Panic_flip:

I love playfield protectors on my games. Smooth as glass, no dimpling. I wish someone would make a TNA protector or share DIY instructions.

Awesome! I"m glad I'm not alone, I love my full playfield protector for my AFMrLE. I like knowing I can play hard and not do any damage, but realize some say it affect game play, but I don't notice, I'm too new to pinball

Maybe I'll contact the pp in germany and ask them to cut one...

UPDATE: Ok, I just emailed [email protected] to ask him for a TNA playfield protector.

#1700 6 years ago

Playfield protectors are hot garbage, and utterly unnecessary for home use games. If someone tried to sell me a game with one of those protectors on it they'd have to either cut their price or remove it before I'd take it.

Your game, do whatever you want, but if you're new to pinball stop being paranoid about your playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 210.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/34?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.