(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 239.
#1551 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

Sorry it took so long, is this what you want?

Thanks!

#1552 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I use felt tape when the glass on my pins rattles.

Do you have a link? I'm not familiar with this.

#1553 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Do you have a link? I'm not familiar with this.

black electric tape worked perfect for my AFMrLE rattle. ( 1 strip folded over each side )

#1555 6 years ago

Thanks I'll try that. I've used electric tape in the past but it comes off and binds a lot.

#1556 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Thanks I'll try that. I've used electric tape in the past but it comes off and binds a lot.

It must be the type of electrical tape used. Mine has no chance of binding or coming off, and have had the glass removed many times. Some had commented on the AFMr group a couple of months ago that the specialty rattle-proof tape was binding and coming off.

#1557 6 years ago

The felt tape is nice to use in lots of places on the pin. I put a couple of 1" pieces on each edge of the translite glass to stop rattles, and a 4" piece on the radius on top of the coin door. This way if I forget to close the coin door when removing the glass it won't scratch the glass.
Basically if anything rattles it's most likely going to get some felt tape.

#1558 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The felt tape is nice to use in lots of places on the pin. I put a couple of 1" pieces on each edge of the translite glass to stop rattles, and a 4" piece on the radius on top of the coin door. This way if I forget to close the coin door when removing the glass it won't scratch the glass.
Basically if anything rattles it's most likely going to get some felt tape.

Thanks for sharing, I had no idea that you felt that way.

#1559 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Thanks for sharing, I had no idea that you felt that way.

I'll be honest, i had to read this about 4 times before i got it...

#1560 6 years ago

Is everyone too busy playing to new code to talk about it? It dropped last night! Somewhere around 11PM, I had to run out and buy a usb flash drive because for some reason all of mine were missing, turns out not every store carries those anymore, downloaded it over the free wifi at my location, and had one of the easiest code update experiences I've ever had on a game.

Only got to play one game on the new code but it was a good one destroying 4 reactors and scoring a bit over 2.5 million. The changes to the lights, music, and sound effects stood out immediately. I got a triple jackpot but missed the super and add-a-ball which I really wanted to get, I plan to go back for some more punishment on the game tonight. Thanks for the sweet update Scott and keep up the good work!

#1561 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It dropped last night!

What? Guess Scott found the bug and squished it.

#1562 6 years ago

Here it is guys and gals. v1.1.0!

Changelog:
v1.1.0 – 02/21/2018 – Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
– Fixed issue with attract frames loading 2 times on reset. This will slightly speed up the
game over reset process. Still working on making this faster. Michael Ocean is awesome.
– Fixed small video lag at beginning of first ball in the Welcome to the Future animation.
– Removed log file issues with bonus and PNG headers (not anything anyone cares about besides me)
– Significant video performance enhancements.
– Fixed bugs in Ball Search functionality.
– Fixed hard crash when trying to do a quick restart during the bonus count.
– Fixed bug where angry player can tilt out the next player too easily.
– Cleaned up unnecessary Ballsearch log error.
– Fixed Secret Skillshot exploit.
– Fixed attract mode ballsearch so it will not keep cycling if a player is too impatient for the balls to reset and drain.
– Fixed log error when saving data files to disk.
– Fixed tilt issue where prior player tilts after bonus.
– Jackpot lightshows improved.
– Shaker now enabled and disabled properly without machine restart.
– Shaker issue when starting mystery now disables properly.
– Destroy Reactor ballsave now active when multiball is running as well.
– Fixed Avg Ball Time Calculation.
– Fixed Avg Score Calculation.
– Fixed Avg Game Time Calculation.
– Changed Coin Drop notification font.
– Updated drop target handling logic to prevent balls from getting stuck in right scoop under specific conditions.
– Fixed some other misc font issues.
– Fixed flickering GI when lane changing the skillshot.
– Fixed coin drop issue for coins with a value larger than a single credit.

## Features Added / Modifications ##
– Significant changes to asset loading resulting is quicker boot times
– Super jackpot will now add a ball into play for up to a 4 ball multiball! This also enables up to 4x playfield multipliers. Indicated with white colored flashing ball lock inserts.
– Add A Ball is limited to 1 ball added per multiball.
– Destroyed reactors now score 1 point each to store the player’s progress in the last digit of their score. Match will ignore this last digit and treat it like a 0. For example, if a player earns 100,000 points and destroys 2 reactors their score would be 100,002.
– Reworking of display animations and notifications to clean up a bunch of things.
– Lock Quickshot display and scoring updates.
– Skillshot now displays score values when awarded.
– Adjusted orbit timer from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
– Set default coil power settings to Bryan Kelly recommended settings, so you may want to update these after the update.
– Bonus now includes bonus total at end of bonus count. Also new lightshow and sound for that.
– Remastered music from the Total Nuclear Annihilation Album has been updated on the game. Also other various audio has been remastered throughout the game.
– Last game scores are now saved and recalled after a hard reboot of the game on the numeric displays. This was needed in case there was a display error that requires a machine restart so the scores are preserved.
– Locking a ball now awards 20k points.
– All LED test now can stop on specific colors when pressing the enter or start button.
– Jackpot Drop Reset Seconds is now configurable in the service menu.
– Secret Skillshot now awards a default time ball save, but allows multiple saves for the entire save time. Awesome.
– Add A Ball now enables default multiball ballsave.
– Reduced overall RAM usage of PC significantly.
– Early ball save added for cashing in a ball save on an outlane.
– Added drop target test in service mode.
– Added warning message on the display if drop target error is detected by the system.
– Added Free Game Percent to Coin Op Audits.
– Upper rollovers now advance reactor value and award a reactor shot when started.
– Added a few things to Mystery Mode
– New Tilt warning sound. Replaced the public domain missile siren with custom effect.
– Mystery awards are now stackable, meaning you can light mystery more than once and the game will keep track of it for you and you can cash it is by hitting the scoop multiple times.
– Ball save timer setting added to the add-a-ball ball save (separate from the standard ball save).
– Reactor Keypad now more evenly distributes spotted targets when targeting a new reactor.
– Ball saver will now pause for mystery award and reactor starting.
– Replay award can be selectable between Credit or Extra Ball.
– Multiball ball saver will now only save the first 3 balls drained.
– Reactor inserts now glow Orange when targeted indicating Extra Ball when applicable
– Tilt switch sensitivity added to service menu.
– Last scores now show on the LCD after game over.
– Can now scroll through the individual high score categories in attract mode.
– Music Test now tests ALL reactors.

## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HjwHSLOZ_19j1hv0srQBjvt4VoFWWyk0

#1563 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

What? Guess Scott found the bug and squished it.

Yeah it was pretty late at night, there were only two people left in the bar at my location when I showed up to install the update but they were enjoying it when I left.

#1564 6 years ago

so AWESOME!!!

#1565 6 years ago

What is the "secret skill shot"? If this new code removes it, I would like to try before I update.

#1566 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

What is the "secret skill shot"? If this new code removes it, I would like to try before I update.

it is a secret.

New code does not remove it. New code prevent you from short plunging and cheating the real SSS (that is a hint I suppose).

You will know when you get it as there is a call out and points for it.

#1567 6 years ago

Just put in one game with the new code. Initial thoughts: It's easier... Meaning I was able to get high score #1 without much effort and breezed through reactors 1&2. I'm guessing the higher scores are from points awarded where they weren't before? locked balls now and rollovers.
The music seems muffled compared to the last code, please don't shoot me for saying so, but that's what I hear.

#1568 6 years ago

How long does the update take? Waiting for 10 minutes now and beginning to get nervous. :-/

#1569 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Just put in one game with the new code. Initial thoughts: It's easier... Meaning I was able to get high score #1 without much effort and breezed through reactors 1&2. I'm guessing the higher scores are from points awarded where they weren't before? locked balls now and rollovers.
The music seems muffled compared to the last code, please don't shoot me for saying so, but that's what I hear.

Perhaps default volume level was changed?

#1570 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Perhaps default volume level was changed?

I messed around with the volume too. Seems like you can't crank it up as much (the max volume is very muffled) The last code I had it about 4 ticks down from max and it was loud and clean.

#1571 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I messed around with the volume too. Seems like you can't crank it up as much (the max volume is very muffled) The last code I had it about 4 ticks down from max and it was loud and clean.

Did you adjust the settings on the amp? Music sounds fine on my game .

#1572 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Did you adjust the settings on the amp?

No, I didn't know I was supposed to touch it. What are the amp settings?

#1573 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I heard that possibly the first song has changed a bit? The beep is supposedly different and quieter. Maybe Scott can confirm?

#1574 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

No, I didn't know I was supposed to touch it. What are the amp settings?

It is supposed to come set up from spooky to sound the best . Something may have gotten bumped or moved . I did minor adjustments on my game's amp to make it sound better .Although I believe the amp was put in a position where it is harder to access on purpose , so people would not mess with the settings .

Quoted from Pinballlew:

I heard that possibly the first song has changed a bit? The beep is supposedly different and quieter. Maybe Scott can confirm?

Yeah the beap is less pronounced now (which is what brenna98 might be noticing ) but I thought overall the music sounds cleaner .

#1575 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

How long does the update take? Waiting for 10 minutes now and beginning to get nervous. :-/

Waitet for 30+ minutes updating then turned the machine off with still no "Update Finished" notice on screen.

Luckily everything is working but definately wish for a progress bar. Kinda died inside I'd brick the machine.

#1576 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

– Jackpot lightshows improved.
– Bonus now includes bonus total at end of bonus count. Also new lightshow and sound for that.
– New Tilt warning sound. Replaced the public domain missile siren with custom effect.
– Reactor inserts now glow Orange when targeted indicating Extra Ball when applicable

Awesome dude! Besides the gameplay enhancements, this is the kind of stuff that gets me excited Thank you for tweeking the bonus countdown lightshow/sounds. Can't wait to see it!

#1578 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Waitet for 30+ minutes updating then turned the machine off with still no "Update Finished" notice on screen.
Luckily everything is working but definately wish for a progress bar. Kinda died inside I'd brick the machine.

Use a different USB stick.

#1579 6 years ago

Hey Guys,
I am a bit unconventional with this, but a couple small issues have been reported to me on a few machines. I did not want you guys to encounter these little things, so I made a patch to the 1.1.0 code. I am calling it 1.1.0.02, because... it does not matter what I call it.

The download link is the same for this patched version, just re-download the file if you are seeing any of the 2 issues below and this should fix them right up for you.

I will probably do this again in the future if a bug is discovered that I feel needs to be fixed quickly.

#########################################################################
v1.1.0.02 - 02/22/2018 - Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
- Fixed false trough error on some production machines.
- Updated combo handling to get rid of a potential lag scenario.

- None

## Download Link ##

#1580 6 years ago

Could you describe how this manifests itself? I think I'm battling this right this minute. Is the machine periodically ejecting a ball in attract mode?

#1581 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Could you describe how this manifests itself? I think I'm battling this right this minute. Is the machine periodically ejecting a ball in attract mode?

That is strange. Are any error messages getting thrown on the LCD when it kicks a ball out in attract mode?

My first guess would be a potential flaky jam opto. Make sure those are all working in switch test.

--Scott

#1582 6 years ago

My first guess would be a potential flaky jam opto. Make sure those are all working in switch test.

Gah! They don't Only trough 1-4... Game plays fine once I manage to time all balls in trough at the same time though!

#1583 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

The last code I had it about 4 ticks down from max and it was loud and clean.

With v1.1.0 the music sounds great IMO. I had tweaked the amp a tad where I would run the machine at volume level 4 and it would sound great without redlining the sub. With the new code drop, the default settings have the sound full and that much more impressive; Scott wasn't lying when he said he remastered the audio!

#1584 6 years ago

I guess I need to know how others have adjusted the amp settings then.

#1585 6 years ago

Can someone post a picture of the stock amp settings. I am pretty sure I changed them when I as in there with the shaker install.

#1586 6 years ago

Scott (@TheNoTrashCougar) if we haven't installed the new code should we install 1.1.0.02 instead of 1.1 or only if we have that issue?

Hey Guys,
I am a bit unconventional with this, but a couple small issues have been reported to me on a few machines. I did not want you guys to encounter these little things, so I made a patch to the 1.1.0 code. I am calling it 1.1.0.02, because... it does not matter what I call it.
The download link is the same for this patched version, just re-download the file if you are seeing any of the 2 issues below and this should fix them right up for you.
I will probably do this again in the future if a bug is discovered that I feel needs to be fixed quickly.
v1.1.0.02 - 02/22/2018 - Scott Danesi
## Bugs Fixed ##
- Updated combo handling to get rid of a potential lag scenario.
- None
## Download Link ##

#1587 6 years ago

Is there a tournament mode on TNA? No EBs and sequenced mystery awards? I couldn't find it when I stepped through the menus...

#1588 6 years ago

I find updating the code on a pinball machine to be quite exciting.

Please save a few tweaks for a rainy day, Scott, so those of us who won't have TNA for a while (#153 here) can still experience the joy of updating!!!

#1589 6 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Scott (TheNoTrashCougar) if we haven't installed the new code should we install 1.1.0.02 instead of 1.1 or only if we have that issue?

I would re-download and install the 1.1.0.02 version from the link below as I also fixed a small video performance issue.
http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783

Quoted from dri:

Is there a tournament mode on TNA? No EBs and sequenced mystery awards? I couldn't find it when I stepped through the menus...

No, there is not a tournament setting. Most people just disable extra balls and turn down the ball save timer. The mystery awards are pretty fair. I may consider this in the future though.

Quoted from moonduckie78:

I find updating the code on a pinball machine to be quite exciting.
Please save a few tweaks for a rainy day, Scott, so those of us who won't have TNA for a while (#153 here) can still experience the joy of updating!!!

I have ideas...

#1590 6 years ago

The mystery awards are pretty fair. I may consider this in the future though.

You probably could also eject any unused multi-balls on a player change to keep which should allow multi-player tournament games.

#1591 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

You probably could also eject any unused multi-balls on a player change to keep which should allow multi-player tournament games.

I know, I know, that just disappoints me greatly. If player leaves a ball or two in the lock at the end of their ball, it is their fault. I will probably have to add the dump logic though.

#1592 6 years ago

I know, I know, that just disappoints me greatly. If player leaves a ball or two in the lock at the end of their ball, it is their fault. I will probably have to add the dump logic though.

NO DUMP LOGIC!!!

PLAY BETTER!

Fing whiny tournament players ruin everything. Ball locks and stealing are completely within the players control. Dont want your balls stolen, then dont lock or cash in before you drain.

#1593 6 years ago

Oh man, if I can't steal someone's locks, then I don't want to play.

#1594 6 years ago

I am not advocating for it... heck, I would be shocked if I ever enabled that on my machine... it just sounds like there are more and more requests for some sort of tournament setting.

#1595 6 years ago

The Japanese are starting to get really upset there is no TNA in their country yet!!!

125622044 (resized).jpg125622044 (resized).jpg

#1596 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

I am not advocating for it... heck, I would be shocked if I ever enabled that on my machine... it just sounds like there are more and more requests for some sort of tournament setting.

the only thing a tournament setting should do is:

1. a specific order of mystery awards
2. a specific order of reactor kill shots

Those are the only thing currently outside of player control. Dumping locked balls is just silly and removes a huge part of the strategy and risk v reward to a competitive game on it.

#1597 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Can someone post a picture of the stock amp settings.

I can’t do a picture of the stock amp but here is what I have mine set at (and I think it sounds even better with v1.1)...

DE6940C7-A871-47D4-BC58-1ECAB3CA9BF7 (resized).jpegDE6940C7-A871-47D4-BC58-1ECAB3CA9BF7 (resized).jpeg

A230DE44-089C-41E2-9CDF-85034021E0BE (resized).jpegA230DE44-089C-41E2-9CDF-85034021E0BE (resized).jpeg

#1598 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Those are the only thing currently outside of player control. Dumping locked balls is just silly and removes a huge part of the strategy and risk v reward to a competitive game on it.

Kind of.

If you are playing a multi-player game in a tournament setting, everybody would love to follow me as I think I have perfected the art of leaving two locked balls for the next player. That would give whoever follows me almost an instant 3x multiplier each time they plunge a ball. Playing single player tournament games negates this and allows Scott to spend more time on co-op mode :p

#1599 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

Kind of.
If you are playing a multi-player game in a tournament setting, everybody would love to follow me as I think I have perfected the art of leaving two locked balls for the next player. That would give whoever follows me almost an instant 3x multiplier each time they plunge a ball. Playing single player tournament games negates this and allows Scott to spend more time on co-op mode :p

There are so many system 11 games ball locks are stolen from in tournament settings.
TNA is intended to steal locks in multiplayer games.
Only way around it is single player games.

#1600 6 years ago

...and while you're at it add a nice center ramp that smoothly returns the ball to the right flipper. NOT!!!

Stick to your guns Scott! Don’t even think about making lock stealing optional. If some wussies are too scared of it let them pick other games. I look forward to picking TNA and destroying them as they hunker in their little balls of lock stealing fear!!

...embrace the lock stealing and it shall set you free.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/32?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.