(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,939 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Cammy
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 881 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191017_194050 (resized).jpg
EBCE8101-92C2-4E21-B8A4-37B7444D586E (resized).jpeg
18856A31-AB0F-4DA1-B70E-09100C758321 (resized).jpeg
7040F068-6C8A-415A-A622-12DD97392249 (resized).jpeg
20191015_161637 (resized).jpg
20191015_155403 (resized).jpg
20191015_155103 (resized).jpg
20191015_154829 (resized).jpg
IMG_3275 (resized).JPG
IMG_3276 (resized).PNG
C09040D7-FCE6-4A6A-8DD3-B3EABC2AAF9C (resized).jpeg
TNA boot screen (resized).png
20190914_094031 (resized).jpg
videotogif_2019.09.14_09.52.05.gif
1557255128460 (resized).jpg
DFE23556-43E8-4348-97E6-60E3E9A6EA5E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 5939 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 119.
#1501 1 year ago

Has anyone got the super skill shot yet? Was pretty suprised when this came up

20180216_135237 (resized).jpg

#1502 1 year ago

SHHHHH, people don't have that version of the software yet... That is a beta version...

#1503 1 year ago

The gent that did the 4K stream, Karl is it?
He got it in the stream when he destroyed the 9 reactors.

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from Toads:

The gent that did the 4K stream, Karl is it?
He got it in the stream when he destroyed the 9 reactors.

Yep - He had the beta version too.

#1505 1 year ago

TNA #85 on location at the Atlantic Trap & Gill in Calgary, Alberta!

As promised I mounted a hot pink Golden Sac Rack onto the PF glass using some Goop!

Thanks again to Scott and Spooky Pinball for making this amazingly fun game!

IMG_3225 (resized).JPGGot yer Sac Rack?

#1506 1 year ago

that looks fantastic! 85!

#1507 1 year ago

fytr looks great man! Wish I could make it down to Calgary to take it for a spin, #196 seems so far off

#1509 1 year ago

Still a few of us below 85 who haven’t gotten theirs yet. I’m 81 and mine hasn’t gone on the line yet.

#1510 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Still a few of us below 85 who haven’t gotten theirs yet. I’m 81 and mine hasn’t gone on the line yet.

Was going to say I didn't think we were into the 80s yet

#1511 1 year ago

I'm 58 and got mine 3 weeks ago. So much fun.

#1512 1 year ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Was going to say I didn't think we were into the 80s yet

Yeah machines that are going out on location are given priority.

I’m sure you guys at the sanctum will probably get it before some of us in the 80’s and 90’s.

#1513 1 year ago

It's getting a little old watching the operator games moving ahead. I get it from a business standpoint, but my goodwill is fading a little each time it happens.

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It's getting a little old watching the operator games moving ahead. I get it from a business standpoint, but my goodwill is fading a little each time it happens.

I would not assume any person is moving ahead at this point. Many of these guys are just regular people that happen to also put their personal game put on route.

I was legitimately the second buyer. I tried to move up, but that famous singer dude had more clout

#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would not assume any person is moving ahead at this point. Many of these guys are just regular people that happen to also put their personal game put on route.
I was legitimately the second buyer. I tried to move up, but that famous singer dude had more clout

Operators are 100% moving ahead. I’m number 81 and my game will be going on the line next week. Number 85 just received their game. I’m fine with the jumping ahead and I get why they are doing it but I also am frustrated at the same time because I just want my game.

Damn you Scott why did you have to make such a great game.

#1516 1 year ago

My lower flipper springs have both broke at the plate now, the left one twice. It’s a major PIA when the location is 35min. away.

I have replacement Wms ones I can put on but wondering if I need to drill the plate hole bigger and file it smooth?

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Operators are 100% moving ahead. I’m number 81 and my game will be going on the line next week. Number 85 just received their game. I’m fine with the jumping ahead and I get why they are doing it but I also am frustrated at the same time because I just want my game.
Damn you Scott why did you have to make such a great game.

So how does one know your game is going on the line next week? Are you just calling spooky for an update each week? (No plans to do that) Do you have a heads up communication email before the game starts to be built? I see this mentioned frequently and was wondering. I plan to pick up my game at spooky when ita ready. This is my first NIB so I don't know exactly how these things work.

#1518 1 year ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

So how does one know your game is going on the line next week? Are you just calling spooky for an update each week? (No plans to do that) Do you have a heads up communication email before the game starts to be built? I see this mentioned frequently and was wondering. I plan to pick up my game at spooky when ita ready. This is my first NIB so I don't know exactly how these things work.

I received an invoice to cover the balance last the Thursday before last then received an email from Kayte with a shipping tracking number yesterday.

#1519 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I received an invoice to cover the balance last the Thursday before last then received an email from Kayte with a shipping tracking number yesterday.

Did you get any add ons? Shaker, plastic protectors, etc?

#1520 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Relax. Your game isn't gonna come any sooner because you paid an extra thirty dollars. Namaste

1496455157841 (resized).jpg

#1522 1 year ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

I purchased my game from Joe at pinball star and I bug him. As always Joe is a great guy and he emailed KT and she told him my game will be on the line next week. I was also told that it takes around 2 weeks to build/test the game typically. With that in mind, I am guessing it will be another week to ship it to me since I live on Long Island. Looks like first week of March for me. Will update if this is shorter or longer once I know.

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

Relax. Your game isn't gonna come any sooner because you paid an extra thirty dollars. Namaste

What? Was just curious about his game. Nothing to do with when I get my game. You’re kinda a weirdo.

#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What? You was just curious about his game. Nothing to do with when I get my game. You’re kinda a weirdo.

Namaste

#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I know games that have the butter cabinets are done in batches. Is that's what is happening? I do not think location games should jump ahead.

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Plastic protectors and a bill acceptor coin door are the only add ons.

#1528 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I know games that have the butter cabinets are done in batches. Is that's what is happening? I do not think location games should jump ahead.

Whether you agree with it or not they are. Hopefully they can start cranking these out so we all don’t have to wait as long.

#1529 1 year ago

Could someone help me out with a picture? The board that the shaker and knocker connects to isn’t connected to the main controller board. I need a picture of the control board where the two wires connect. Thanks in advance.

#1530 1 year ago

Can someone please post a fix for the becon light? Mine sounds like a rock tumbler.
I tried lubricating the gears as Bryan Kelly suggests, but I think there’s more to it.

Fixed: put super lube down the outside edge of the bulb socket. This kept the plastic reflector from rattling back and forth when spinning which is where the sound is coming from.

#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

For a small company like Spooky Pinball this is a fantastic way to get free advertising so they can possibly sell more machines. I think it's just smart business.
-Mike

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Could someone help me out with a picture? The board that the shaker and knocker connects to isn’t connected to the main controller board. I need a picture of the control board where the two wires connect. Thanks in advance.

This?

991E7CDC-E7CF-4BC6-90DC-F76F3943EF4C (resized).jpeg

#1533 1 year ago

Thanks but I need where those three wires connect to the control board.

#1534 1 year ago

Okay. So I played the prototype last year at SFGE and have recently started saving to make this my first pinball machine. Always thought it would be funhouse but this wins.

I have some noob questions.
If i buy the mirrors there is no reason to buy the extra interior art offered by spooky correct?

Also If get the shaker, not sure i want it if it overpowers the gameplay but what is the knocker? What other games use one?
Again sorry for the noob questions just want to make sure I save and purchase everything i need.
And thanks for this thread. read every page over a couple days.

#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Okay. So I played the prototype last year at SFGE and have recently started saving to make this my first pinball machine. Always thought it would be funhouse but this wins.
I have some noob questions.
If i buy the mirrors there is no reason to buy the extra interior art offered by spooky correct?
Also If get the shaker, not sure i want it if it overpowers the gameplay but what is the knocker? What other games use one?
Again sorry for the noob questions just want to make sure I save and purchase everything i need.
And thanks for this thread. read every page over a couple days.

Yeah , no reason to get the interior art if you get the mirrors . The mirrors would cover it .
The knocker is a solenoid that has a plunger that hammers a striking plate mounted to the cabinet , so it makes a loud knocking noise when it fires . Tons of games have knockers they typically fire when you earn an extra ball or replay .

#1536 1 year ago

The shaker is a must-have for this pin. Just like the music it is extremely well integrated into the gameplay and enhances the experience greatly.

#1537 1 year ago

Checking in with TNA # 67 which will be available to play on location at Pin-Bar in Calgary, Alberta starting February 22! We did a game play and review video of TNA in the last few days. Check it out!

#1538 1 year ago

Is the shaker and knocker easy to install, or is there a benefit in having Spooky install them?

If I already have the mirrors and decide to get the side art, will the mirrors damage the side art or will I be able to remove the mirrors if I want to show the artwork?

How is the playfield holding up? Any cliffys needed?

#1539 1 year ago

I played TNA at AYCE Gogi and loved it. Definitely want one someday. But no money right now to fund one.

You guys that put this game on location are awesome. Big thanks for giving those of us who can't get one for our home yet a chance to play one.

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Is the shaker and knocker easy to install, or is there a benefit in having Spooky install them?
If I already have the mirrors and decide to get the side art, will the mirrors damage the side art or will I be able to remove the mirrors if I want to show the artwork?
How is the playfield holding up? Any cliffys needed?

Both shaker and knocker would be easy to install on your own. Hell I think they even already have the shaker pre drilled so it’s literally just bolting it in and connecting a couple wires. Super easy. Same can be said for the knocker.

If I were going to throw any money at side art I’d go with mirror blades. With all the color and light show of this machine it would look great.

Having said all that I don’t Spooky is really charging all that much to install these items. Personally I would just have them install all you wanted so you can just open her up and play.

#1541 1 year ago

Destroyed reactor 5 tonight. It felt pretty awesome, can’t wait to get the next one.

#1542 1 year ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Heyyyyyy......KT told me I WAS #153.

The jokes on you, I’m #152

#1543 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

The jokes on you, I’m #152

Nice! Did you order during the Jacques Dangre stream, too? Free shaker?

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Nice! Did you order during the Jacques Dangre stream, too? Free shaker?

Yep, I’m a sucker for free stuff.

C62037C1-B903-42F7-A113-E0F70F5E1363 (resized).jpeg

#1545 1 year ago

Are cliffys recommended or is there no need for that? Is chipping at the holes normal for any pin or are some pins ( maybe like TNA ) durable enough so the clearcoat won't chip? I'm only on my first pin so not sure what to expect

#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Are cliffys recommended or is there no need for that? Is chipping at the holes normal for any pin or are some pins ( maybe like TNA ) durable enough so the clearcoat won't chip? I'm only on my first pin so not sure what to expect

on route since Sept and no chipping, hole wear, anything like that from what I have seen.

Would be nice to get photos from some of the more popular locations like Tilt in MN or the BBQ joint in LA where I am sure they are at 10,000 plus plays now.

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

The scoops use Mantis-style protectors, where there's a metal band inside the hole, that's gonna be all the protection most people would need. I have no plans to Cliffy mine.

I'll post more thoughts on the game later, I want more time to play it before I say anything. I have some quibbles and things I might work on, I'll be honest with anything I don't like, but overall the game is amazing, Scott killed it, Spooky did great work, I'm totally impressed.

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Thanks but I need where those three wires connect to the control board.

Sorry it took so long, is this what you want?

424C1AA2-76DB-4F4B-AC9F-0CD014A8F0FC (resized).jpeg

E5837B7E-41E4-460F-90C4-7A25D65E4A65 (resized).jpeg

#1549 1 year ago

Just received my games yesterday and it's definitely as good as everyone says. It actually wears me out a bit how fast it is since I have to remain so focused the entire time. The glass seems to rattle a ton when the sub hits. I had this same issue in my AFM when the new cab speaker was added. I added a strip of electrical tape to the glass which stopped it. Has anyone tried this yet?

#1550 1 year ago

I use felt tape when the glass on my pins rattles.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
There are 5939 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 119.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside