(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,101 posts
  • 474 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by twhtalm
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 909 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

59703606999__786F7F70-60A1-4032-9541-DADB0C9FE140 (resized).JPG
IMG_7102 (resized).JPG
IMG_7226 (resized).JPG
IMG_7205 (resized).JPG
IMG_3380 (resized).jpg
A4418D7F-70A9-4350-A1B9-37A54A6E11D7 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
1EC1E079-CB9D-4D22-8D92-87651A355F12 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191120-111338 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191120-101050 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191120-101026 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191120-101003 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191120-091025 (resized).png
9BC74DF3-9B6F-4107-BA24-DCC7C2E823D2 (resized).jpeg
20191114_122253 (resized).jpg
20191114_122257 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6101 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 123.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Well, I'm in. #161. I've been sitting on money waiting for Alien, but with all the problems it's experiencing, I'm moving on. Plus, I'd rather give my money to a U.S. company.

That's awesome that sales haven't been turned on for a full week and they have atleast 161 sold!

#102 2 years ago

#162 goes to Canada!!

#103 2 years ago

Please keep buying so I can purchase #295 so I can have it match the build number of my RZ!

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Please keep buying so I can purchase #295 so I can have it match the build number of my RZ!

They are not going to be numbered. The number only represents your place in line as far as build date goes; lower numbers get built first.

#105 2 years ago

Maybe Charlie should clarify. I don't want to give out bad info. This is my understanding though.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

They are not going to be numbered. The number only represents your place in line as far as build date goes; lower numbers get built first.

Awesome! No matter where I jump in line minenis guaranteed to be 295. I'll have a sharpie handy

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Are they going to alternate 50 of one game with 50 of another?

The part I remember Charlie posting (or saying on some stream or podcast) was that they are ordering parts in batches of 50, not building machines in batches of 50 (so if you are #201 you wouldn't need to wait until 250 is sold before production begins on your machine).

I think he also mentioned there are 2 lines and, at some point, this will share the line with another machine.

#108 2 years ago

So if these are being built in groups of 50 and have to intersperse with production of Alice Cooper how long of a wait is this going to be? If they are in "batch 4" already that's gotta mean at least a year wait right??

#109 2 years ago

I reserved early on Tuesday morning, I was told batch 3 (assuming near the beginning of that batch) and that they were hoping to get part of batch 3 this year. I would assume batch 4 would be Q1 of 2018

#110 2 years ago

Well from the looks of the stream the other night they had cabinets prepped and ready to go. I think production will probably start within the next couple weeks.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So if these are being built in groups of 50 and have to intersperse with production of Alice Cooper how long of a wait is this going to be? If they are in "batch 4" already that's gotta mean at least a year wait right??

AC isn't ready, it's not going to compete with TNA on the line for a bit now.

As was noted, the 50 thing is overblown, they're just building games, there's no "wait until we have 50 before we start yours" situation.

Charlie said they're building 10-12 games a week I believe. Call it 10. 5 weeks per batch. All just unofficial estimates of course, but I don't see a year wait at this juncture.

My personal hope is that TNA is hugely successful and Spooky can afford to get AC really polished before they even reveal it, you only get one chance for a first impression.

#112 2 years ago

I'm in!
But the wait was killer!

IMG_4610 (resized).JPG

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I'm in!
But the wait was killer!

You glorious bastard that is great! I now also know how awesome it will be next to my RZ!

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I'm in!
But the wait was killer!

Wow they weren't kidding when they said 2017. What is this? 2 days after the stream?

#115 2 years ago

can you snap some pictures? Do you have the side art blades?

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I'm in!
But the wait was killer!

wow, I thought they were still working out some of the kinks with the programming. guess they are done?
So If I got #99 would that mean I'm in batch 2?

#117 2 years ago

That is the prototype game. Scott was kind enough to loan it to me for league tonight. Production has not started yet. I guess if you make cool side rails and hinges and other things for the game, and live around the corner from Mr. Awesome, it pays off.

#118 2 years ago

#126... can't wait to get this one into the game room. Means a game has to leave. :-/. Only question is: which one!!!

#119 2 years ago

Anyone going to use cabinet protectors on this game? Does it need it? If so which do you recommend?

#120 2 years ago

So looking at that photo, it looks like the TNA cabinet design is very similar to an Early 80s Bally (flatter playfield angle, shorter hight backbox), but also has the modern folding backbox design. Glad they designed the new cabinet with a throwback feel. TNA will fit right in with my FG, blackout, seawitch row

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

Anyone going to use cabinet protectors on this game? Does it need it? If so which do you recommend?

They come with metal leg protectors pre-installed from the factory.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

My brother said he had a lot of fun playing your game. Nice job.

#123 2 years ago

I also ordered one the other day looks fantastic. I'm debating decals or butter cabinet.

Was curious if you're still working on code or LCD screen etc.

Will there be any side missions like hurry up shot or frenzy mode (maybe from the mystery award?) Not something that is seen all the time but maybe more now and then random that's outside of the core game?

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I also ordered one the other day looks fantastic. I'm debating decals or butter cabinet.
Was curious if you're still working on code or LCD screen etc.
Will there be any side missions like hurry up shot or frenzy mode (maybe from the mystery award?) Not something that is seen all the time but maybe more now and then random that's outside of the core game?

Thank you! No frenzy mode planned at this time, but I am still working on the code and the display.

#125 2 years ago

Thank you! No frenzy mode planned at this time, but I am still working on the code and the display.

can you say what percentage are ordering the butter cabinet?

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

No clue, but I am definitely getting it done.

#127 2 years ago

So I will say this game looks great and I swear the music is amazing. I can't get that soundtrack out of my head. I am going to call and order one Tomorrow. Nice job spooky.

#128 2 years ago

No clue, but I am definitely getting it done.

Scott, is there any place on the LCD or on the instruction card that tells a short version of the story line? Please consider it if not.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Scott, is there any place on the LCD or on the instruction card that tells a short version of the story line? Please consider it if not.

I don't see why not. People will probably make new instruction cards and score cards too. I will see about putting something on the LCD.

#130 2 years ago

I don't see why not. People will probably make new instruction cards and score cards too. I will see about putting something on the LCD.

Thank You.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

A 30 second version of something like this would be out of this world Amazing.

Just need guy with a deep voice and some. Basic animations you can pan left to right on!

If its cost prohibitive maybe the community can help out if it's an option on the menu? For example Ben Heck (hi Ben) allowed users with amh 23 to change the the multiball music to about 3 different options but also allow a custom mp3 track to be played from the sd card.

It would be cool if there is an option like that allowing you to insert a custom AVI file that plays during attract mode. I have absolutely no skills to help with something like that but happy to support anyone who does!

#132 2 years ago

"All your reactors are belong to us."

#133 2 years ago

Maybe explanatory text or short video in attract mode.

Like opening scene of 'The Terminator'
IMG_0022 (resized).PNG

#134 2 years ago

Comic-style panes to explain the story. mandraws where you at with the backstory??

#135 2 years ago

Or not. Because it's a pinball machine.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Or not. Because it's a pinball machine.

If the community wanted to step up and make it, I see no reason not to consider it. All in good fun.

#137 2 years ago

My only hope for the animations on the LCD is more of the girl character on the backglass. Hopefully that character will get used more.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

My only hope for the animations on the LCD is more of the girl character on the backglass. Hopefully that character will get used more.

We would all like to see more of Mrs. Danesi on the LCD.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Well, I'm in. #161. I've been sitting on money waiting for Alien, but with all the problems it's experiencing, I'm moving on. Plus, I'd rather give my money to a U.S. company.

Congrats! You must've called right after me. #159 here. Can't wait!

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

When I picked up my Rob Zombie they had a rob zombie there done with a butter cabinet (maybe the one spooky posted pictures of? ) the colors were deeper and it really did look amazing ( I instantly noticed it among at least ten other Rob Zombies with the standard cabinet). It is an expensive upgrade , and I would bet the percentage opting for it will be small but that small percentage will have absolutely beautiful cabinet .

#141 2 years ago

That butter cabinet does look incredible in pictures, I bet in person it is crazy!

#142 2 years ago

I have to laugh at all the people fawning over the direct print cabinets when back in the 90's it was the STANDARD method - screenprinted art with spot (ie. bright, vibrant) colour inks. Now it's a high-cost option.

Sigh.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I have to laugh at all the people fawning over the direct print cabinets when back in the 90's it was the STANDARD method - screenprinted art with spot (ie. bright, vibrant) colour inks. Now it's a high-cost option.
Sigh.

Old cabinets weren't clearcoated to protect the color/paint.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Sigh.

if you think the process form the 90s is even remotely close to what this offering is... well you should do a little more research.

#145 2 years ago

I am in! Number 160. I have never been this excited to play a game before in my life! Had to order the "danesi lock" shirt as well Scott has done an amazing job on this and it continues to impress!

-Jim

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Old cabinets weren't clearcoated to protect the color/paint.

True, but in my opinion I don't think that's such a great thing - shiny sides just means more likely to see flaws and/or scratches, especially on a surface that will see lots of potential for both.

Quoted from Whysnow:

if you think the process form the 90s is even remotely close to what this offering is... well you should do a little more research.

Yeah, the process from the 90's was better because they used spot colours instead of process colours. Too expensive to do low-volume screen printing so I get why they don't now.

#147 2 years ago

I'm sure the butter cabinet will protect much better. Clearcoat if scratched and it doesn't get into the art can be wet sanded and reapplied back to perfection. This is meant to be a collector piece show option for home use where scratches would be minimal IMO.

#148 2 years ago

I'm in. TNA #115 will be going on location in Trondheim, Norway

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Sigh.

Sorry, but that's not even remotely true.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sorry, but that's not even remotely true.

I'd love to hear how that's not true. I have a bunch of direct screen printed cabinet games sitting in my game room right now. They didn't go to decals until Monster Bash.

Sure they're not clear coated but my point is, screen printing with spot colours used to be the norm, now it's a luxury option.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 6101 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 123.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside