(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 239.
#1401 6 years ago

Open it up and check the tighten-ness of the flipper coil stops. sometimes they are not fully tight. Check all flippers while your there.

#1402 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Open it up and check the tighten-ness of the flipper coil stops. sometimes they are not fully tight. Check all flippers while your there.

I was typing the same thing. Check the flipper assembly and make sure everything is aligned. Take it apart and realign everything if needed.

#1403 6 years ago

Setup and in the lineup.
Thanks Charlie and KT for being gracious hosts. Benton was great. Enjoying my first few games now.

D646CCC2-B378-4EA6-AEFA-F7AB09D1C579 (resized).jpegD646CCC2-B378-4EA6-AEFA-F7AB09D1C579 (resized).jpeg

A868637E-2271-424C-ACC2-AEFAF0B833CE (resized).jpegA868637E-2271-424C-ACC2-AEFAF0B833CE (resized).jpeg

#1404 6 years ago

OK, I hate to be the one to say it, but that lockbar looks significantly lower than it's neighbors. ???

Otherwise fits nicely in the lineup.

#1405 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

OK, I hate to be the one to say it, but that lockbar looks significantly lower than it's neighbors. ???

Yes top of lockdown bar at front of machine is 35 3/4. Ghostbusters, RZ, and SP is 35 1/2.
Si is 37 5/8.

#1406 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Yes top of lockdown bar at front of machine is 35 3/4. Ghostbusters, RZ, and SP is 35 1/2.
Si is 37 5/8.

Black Hole higher there too or just out further? All of my machines are at 37 1/2.

#1407 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Black Hole higher there too or just out further? All of my machines are at 37 1/2.

You have gottliebs... they use taller legs.

If you want you can put gtb legs on tna tomake it taller.

#1408 6 years ago

Black hole is 38 inches.
I see what they did with TNA. Matched their standard production lockdown height. Whitch is same as stern height. But shortened the back of the cab to look more like a solid state. No issues to fix. Feels just fine. You could run the leg levelers up an inch to make it closer.

Whysnow Gottlieb system 80 legs are 27 1/8 legs. Bally ss legs (TNA uses) are 28 1/2 long.

#1409 6 years ago

You are right, i was thinking all gtb are taller. Just premiers, correct?

#1410 6 years ago

What the hell is Greyhounds The Race Home? I assume a DIY retheme?
Sorry but someone had to ask.

#1411 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are right, i was thinking all gtb are taller. Just premiers, correct?

Don’t remember premieres. But EM Gottlieb was 31. Williams,bally, kept with the 28.5 along with ss stern. New stern is a goofy size too.

Quoted from Mr68:

What the hell is Greyhounds The Race Home? I assume a DIY retheme?
Sorry but someone had to ask.

It’s a big game retheme celebrating adoption of ex racing greyhounds. Older project I need to revisit. Has been to MGC about he same time Charlie’s Godzilla came on the scene. When I first meet this crazy guy.
Thanks for noticing.

#1412 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

It’s a big game retheme celebrating adoption of ex racing greyhounds. Older project I need to revisit. Has been to MGC about he same time Charlie’s Godzilla came on the scene. When I first meet this crazy guy.
Thanks for noticing.

I love the way you did the backglass. Simple and elegant. Very nice touch.

#1413 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Try a different USB stick. This seems to be the first issue I have seen with someone trying to update code.
Are you getting anything on the screen at all with the game booted and inserting the USB stick? If not, the USB stick is not being read at all. Try a different one. If it shows the Spooky logo and says that the settings and audits were backed up, that just means it could not find the pkg file.
--Scott

Cheers Scott the issue was the particular USB key, used a new one and it was fine.

#1414 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Cheers Scott the issue was the particular USB key, used a new one and it was fine.

Excellent! Glad to hear it was an easy fix. Now you just need to wait for the 1.1.0 code to drop. I wish the TNA software guy would hurry up.

#1415 6 years ago

I wish the TNA software guy would hurry up.

If you need help with that, just let me know.

#1416 6 years ago

When you've got to crank out deliverables on a Friday afternoon...

(and yes, when you're REALLY old school you do it on a BlackBerry)

20180208_134146 (resized).jpg20180208_134146 (resized).jpg

#1417 6 years ago

Excellent! Glad to hear it was an easy fix. Now you just need to wait for the 1.1.0 code to drop. I wish the TNA software guy would hurry up.

#wheresthecode

#1418 6 years ago

I wonder when Stern will catch up? Less than 100 games shipped and code well beyond 1.0. (and listen to fans!)

#1419 6 years ago

I know right it's already been 87 days since the last code dropped!

#1420 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

I know right it's already been 87 days since the last code dropped!

We will have to see if we can obtain it on the black market

#1421 6 years ago

I have an issue with the game.
The time it takes for one game to finish and ready to start a new game is about 5 seconds.
Way too long
Scott, get on to that will you

The impact of the bass kicking in when the ball hits the playfield is fantastic.

#1422 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

The time it takes for one game to finish and ready to start a new game is about 5 seconds.
Way too long
The impact of the bass kicking in when the ball hits the playfield is fantastic.

Agree, if I had to find one thing to complain about on TNA, it's the blank screen time when I can't start a game right after I finish one. Five seconds is an eternity when I'm jonesing to play again.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#1423 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Way too long

This has been addressed in v1.1.0

#1424 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Wow! Your right! Did you also notice that some of the games are wider than the other ones too?!

Ed I would not even play the rest of these games considering they aren’t the right height compared to your TNA.
Congrats on the pickup!

#1425 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Wow! Your right! Did you also notice that some of the games are wider than the other ones too?!
Ed I would not even play the rest of this games considering they aren’t the right height compared to your TNA.
Congrats on the pickup!

Lol

#1426 6 years ago

The more people that play this game, the more orders Spooky gets.

And unlike other games, people aren't rushing to sell. Zero in the market place.

Has it been mentioned anywhere, the kind of obvious question, is Scott designing a second game?!

#1427 6 years ago

Yeah, I am not starting a new game yet. I have ideas in my head, but right now, need to make TNA as perfect as it can be. I know that sounds like a cop out and corny thing to say, but I am really dedicated to making sure the people that put their trust in Spooky and myself are happy with their purchase.
--Scott

#1428 6 years ago

Went silent for a couple of days. That is I had nothing to ramble about (and was sick),...

But next week I'll hopefully get my shaker, knocker and *drummroll* audio cassette so I'm looking forward to make some final (?) adjustments.

Game is still great fun but I just won't get better. XD

Looking forward to the code update and PLEASE if you would integrate an option that the machine can be used as a jukebox, playing MP3s from USB. That'd be awesome.

#1429 6 years ago
#1430 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Zero in the market place

One has already been sold in the marketplace.

#1431 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

One has already been sold in the marketplace.

I own two. Bought the second one from a private buyer.

#1432 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I own two. Bought the second one from a private buyer.

Just a hell of a deal or you like the game that much?

#1433 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Just a hell of a deal on you like the game that much?

Pretty simple....kind of.

I have 4 games at my daughter's house. My son in law's favorite is TOM. No one else in the family likes it or plays it. I have to go there every now and then and fix something. It sucks. They live an hour away.

They were here for Christmas and all four of them ( him, daughter and two boys) played TNA and loved it. I bought TNA (the guy needed money) and now get to sell the TOM. No more driving an hour to fix a game.

#1435 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Went silent for a couple of days. That is I had nothing to ramble about (and was sick),...
But next week I'll hopefully get my shaker, knocker and *drummroll* audio cassette so I'm looking forward to make some final (?) adjustments.
Game is still great fun but I just won't get better. XD
Looking forward to the code update and PLEASE if you would integrate an option that the machine can be used as a jukebox, playing MP3s from USB. That'd be awesome.

Shaker rumbles all through critical reactor sequence and really adds to the atmosphere.
Definitely needed.

#1436 6 years ago

How are the blow up reactor targets selected once you get to critical? Is it random? That lower left RAD target is a PIA for me.

#1437 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How are the blow up reactor targets selected once you get to critical? Is it random? That lower left RAD target is a PIA for me.

Yes completely random.

#1438 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Yes completely random.

Is it the same for each player in tournament mode?

#1439 6 years ago

There is no tournament mode.

#1440 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes I haven't figured out an easy way to hit them also.
Seems like you can only rely on on a random shot from the pop.
Or go into multiball for more chances.
Even the scoop is a tough shot from either flipper, must be spot on to drop.
We need to learn to play better
Bowens strategy to keep in multball seems to be a good one.
Played in multiplayer game for the first time last night, makes for a fun game steeling other people's multiballs.

#1441 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Exactly what I was thinking. Or at least same for each player in multiplayer. Big difference bowing up a reactor from the pop bumper or middle targets vs lower left RAD target.

#1442 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Exactly what I was thinking. Or at least same for each player in multiplayer. Big difference bowing up a reactor from the pop bumper or middle targets vs lower left RAD target.

Random per each player.

#1443 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I think that would be a great option for tournement mode.

#1444 6 years ago

Where can I download 1.10 already? That software guy is slow

#1445 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where can I download 1.10 already? That software guy is slow

Seriously... Where's the damn code already????

#1446 6 years ago

Take your time, there's a big bug to fix at the end of the game! That text must be wrong

#1447 6 years ago

Software Guy has until Valentine's Day to drop the new code, or else the boss is gonna have his a$$

#1448 6 years ago

I wish my game was with me so I could bitch about code too

Why is #225 so far away?

#1449 6 years ago

Seriously... Where's the damn code already????

I heard from a guy that Scott was at 31 flavors last night and not working on code.

Serious question though. How do I adjust voltage to 5.4 volts? I couldnt figure that out and Charlie poo has flu, so I do not want to bother him.

#1450 6 years ago

TNA= best game right now and Spooky = Best Pinball company. Hats off to the Spooky team for a job well done!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 210.00
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.