(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 239.
#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, I think they are going to hit 500 plus on TNA.
The reality is the thing earns VERY well on location. Since I was an early adopter you always assume at first it is just the novelty factor and things will dip off over time (as more games get out on route). Reality is, that the earnings are as strong as ever and from both casuals and pinheads alike. Despite there being at least 3 TNA on route in WI, earnings are just as strong as the first month.
As more operators get more confidence and hear more similar stories then they will buy also. Of note that working on and maintaining TNA has been super easy and a breeze to wipe down and keep clean (do to street level). Production quality is top notch IME for TNA. I know people had early concerns about 'garage feel of spooky' but this is a whole new level of quality and construction. As more people change that perception, then sales will fuel more.
I think most sales up till now are home market fueled, but expect the route sales to really explode over the next year.

About to put mine out on location and am wondering what settings you're using for the flipper strength, slingshots, etc.?

I'm going to put some protection in the shooter land and in front of the left scoop kickout as well. I noticed the "new playfield" dimpling is pretty intense in front of that scoop.

I'm a little worried about the all the connectors used in this game, combined with the intense/sustained shaker motor activity (and sub, for that matter). Seems like connectors working lose could become a real problem (hope not). Do you have a shaker in your machine, and if so did you dial it down in intensity to perserve the game?

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

About to put mine out on location and am wondering what settings you're using for the flipper strength, slingshots, etc.?
I'm going to put some protection in the shooter land and in front of the left scoop kickout as well. I noticed the "new playfield" dimpling is pretty intense in front of that scoop.
I'm a little worried about the all the connectors used in this game, combined with the intense/sustained shaker motor activity (and sub, for that matter). Seems like connectors working lose could become a real problem (hope not). Do you have a shaker in your machine, and if so did you dial it down in intensity to perserve the game?

I am running newest beta code which has all coil settings at Bryan Kelly recommendations (I believe same as previous code, just turned down the slingshots 1 or 2). The slingshots turned down gets rid of multiballs under sling rubber effect that happened early on.

No shaker as I NEVER use a shaker on a route game. Things get loose over time so no reason to expedite that with stupid shaking IMO.

Playfield is rock solid! Dimpling happens on EVERY playfield. Wear is non-existent on TNA IME and no real need for any mylar that I have seen. I mean, feel free to put it down, but from what I see, this is the best playfield out there and tough.

Connectors are all with a dab of hot glue to keep them in place. I have had the game since Sept and no issues with any coming loose.

#1353 6 years ago

So who else saw Bowen Kerins destroy all 9 reactors last night? Pretty impressive play.

My only complaint that I saw was it wasn’t all that exciting once the 9th was destroyed. A mini light show and that was about it. I was really hoping for some awesome wizard mode and crazy as hell light shown potentially that will come over time?

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

So who else saw Bowen Kerins destroy all 9 reactors last night? Pretty impressive play.
My only complaint that I saw was it wasn’t all that exciting once the 9th was destroyed. A mini light show and that was about it. I was really hoping for some awesome wizard mode and crazy as hell light shown potentially that will come over time?

For sure the whole game needs to explode and die! And then slowly re-start......

#1355 6 years ago

UG... hey man, spoiler alert jeez!

Quoted from davijc02:

My only complaint that I saw was

#1356 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

My only complaint that I saw was it wasn’t all that exciting once the 9th was destroyed. A mini light show and that was about it.

!!!

Canceling my order.

SIGH

#1357 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

For sure the whole game needs to explode and die! And then slowly re-start......

If you've ever advanced through Cirqus Voltaire, that's exactly what happens and it is a wicked cool effect. I would never tell Scott what to do but I'd love it if something like that would happen on reactors 6 and 9.

#1358 6 years ago

Wellllllllll, me a couple buddies were going to visit Charlie tomorrow, but it turns out he's on his death bed with the flu.

And here I was going to get answers to everyone's questions.

It'll have to be another weekend.

#1359 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If you've ever advanced through Cirqus Voltaire, that's exactly what happens and it is a wicked cool effect. I would never tell Scott what to do but I'd love it if something like that would happen on reactors 6 and 9.

I will say, I'm sure Scott could have done what so many other designers have done with cool light shows and effects once the end has been reached....but he didn't. Similar to the game, he did something no one else has ever done.

And if you want to see what it is, simply set your reactor default to one reactor instead of nine.

In fact, Scott, Yancy, Bangerjay and friends play dollar games with the game set to one reactor. It makes for a completely different strategy when playing. I'll just say you may not want to defeat the reactor. Or in some cases, you may.

#1360 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

In fact, Scott, Yancy, Bangerjay and friends play dollar games with the game set to one reactor. It makes for a completely different strategy when playing. I'll just say you may not want to defeat the reactor. Or in some cases, you may.

This! Some of the most fun I've had playing dollar games with those guys.

#1361 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Wellllllllll, me a couple buddies were going to visit Charlie tomorrow, but it turns out he's on his death bed with the flu.
And here I was going to get answers to everyone's questions.
It'll have to be another weekend.

Well crap. I’ll be there but with no Charlie to harass. Won’t be a long visit.

#1362 6 years ago

Its hard to see from the video what actually happens when you beat the 9th reactor. Also, that is old code.

#1363 6 years ago

I'm back-seat coding, Bryan. No game yet and haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

#1364 6 years ago

Opening soon in Marysville, WA!

TNAWindow (resized).jpgTNAWindow (resized).jpg

#1365 6 years ago

Can we PLEASE impose a NO SPOILERS clause here?

I know I will eventually blow up the 9th reactor and I dont want the surprise ruined. Seriously, the most achievable but challenging thing in pinball for me currently and really lame if someone is being a dick to publish this. I skimmed the post and tuned out whatever was said... please dont be a dick!

#1366 6 years ago

He didn't describe anything. No worries man.

#1367 6 years ago

$200 reward for being a dick!
(Just playing with ya, Hilton)

#1368 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know I will eventually blow up the 9th reactor and I dont want the surprise ruined. Seriously, the most achievable but challenging thing in pinball for me currently and really lame if someone is being a dick to publish this. I skimmed the post and tuned out whatever was said... please dont be a dick!

Settle down, big guy. I see no dicks here.

#1369 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

He didn't describe anything. No worries man.

cool. I saw mention of final reactor and scrolled past. In general it would be nice to maintain this as a no spoilers thread. If someone wants to talk about the end of the game then they can go start a spoilers specific thread please.

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Chill homie. Just said I was a little underwhelmed that’s all. Apparently it’s old code anyhow.

#1371 6 years ago

“There is a theory whitch states that if anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory that this has already happened.”

Aka. Scott will now just change the rules and end.

#1372 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Chill homie. Just said I was a little underwhelmed that’s all. Apparently it’s old code anyhow.

...underwhelmed?!? Didn't you see that giant rocket fly over your head putting that shiny sports car in to orbit when you blew reactor 9?? What more do you want man??!

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

...underwhelmed?!? Didn't you see that giant rocket fly over your head putting that shiny sports car in to orbit when you blew reactor 9?? What more do you want man??!

Haha! I’m so confused by launching a car into space not sure of the why.

#1374 6 years ago

Did someone say dicks?!

#1375 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Did someone say dicks?!

Yes. Yes we did. And we weren't talking about Hilton either!

#1376 6 years ago

damnit!

#1377 6 years ago

i'm just watching videos and reviews and the game is growing on me like crazy, i think i need one, badly.
the more i watch the more i want one.

few questions;
what's the latest number out?
what's the latest number sold? i saw #301
realistically how long before getting to #305 so i can get ready?

anyone with this game in canada yet? how was shipping?

#1378 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

what's the latest number out?
what's the latest number sold? i saw #301
realistically how long before getting to #305 so i can get ready?

They are in the mid 70's right now, and around 300~ish sold. You'll need to keep track over the next month or so to see how fast these start cranking out; it looks like Spooky is hitting their stride now.

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

They are in the mid 70's right now, and around 300~ish sold. You'll need to keep track over the next month or so to see how fast these start cranking out; it looks like Spooky is hitting their stride now.

yeah i think i better make a move now, just sent KT at spooky an e-mail.

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am running newest beta code which has all coil settings at Bryan Kelly recommendations (I believe same as previous code, just turned down the slingshots 1 or 2). The slingshots turned down gets rid of multiballs under sling rubber effect that happened early on.
No shaker as I NEVER use a shaker on a route game. Things get loose over time so no reason to expedite that with stupid shaking IMO.
Playfield is rock solid! Dimpling happens on EVERY playfield. Wear is non-existent on TNA IME and no real need for any mylar that I have seen. I mean, feel free to put it down, but from what I see, this is the best playfield out there and tough.
Connectors are all with a dab of hot glue to keep them in place. I have had the game since Sept and no issues with any coming loose.

Ahem. I assume you meant to type "awesome shaker" and just flubbed it up a bit.

Yeah, think I'll disable the shaker on location and just turn it on for league nights and tournaments.

I've reduced my slings to '6', and the trough kickout to "20". Seems to work fine without banging the ball through the side of the wood on the shooter lane as much. Tried lowering the main flippers but they felt pretty soggy below the default "30". I was surprised to see these are using the same FL-11629 coils as my STTNG used. Of course, STTNG was shooting the ball across a steeper widebody PF and up steep ramps.

...I assume Scott's SW is freq-modulating these down a lot from full power though or those standups would be pulverized in no time.

#1381 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Haha! I’m so confused by launching a car into space not sure of the why.

What you should be asking is why not?

#1382 6 years ago

duplicate

starman (resized).jpgstarman (resized).jpg

#1383 6 years ago

We have seen this before
Today it is the Falcon Heavy
Back then it was Heavy Metal

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1384 6 years ago

I can’t decide if I should get a shaker or not. I’m generally not a huge fan but for some reason I’m tempted.

#1385 6 years ago

go for it dood!

btw when mine arrives come and play it at flipout in croydon.

#1386 6 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I can’t decide if I should get a shaker or not. I’m generally not a huge fan but for some reason I’m tempted.

It's really well integrated in this game. Super spinner is awesome as is the whole reactor-is-critical mode.
I will try it with the shaker disabled and report back, I could see the big bass being almost enough as well, depending.

#1387 6 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I am not a shaker fan in general. This is the only game in my collection that has one. The only other game I liked it in was Earthshaker. I had one in Spiderman and saw no use for it there.

#1388 6 years ago

Starting up a TNA stream in a few minutes at 7PM EST. Let's blow up some reactors! http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

DVdtc9XWsAAlAyX (resized).jpgDVdtc9XWsAAlAyX (resized).jpg

#1389 6 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Starting up a TNA stream in a few minutes at 7PM EST. Let's blow up some reactors! http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Over already?

#1390 6 years ago

Thanks @owlnonymous.

#1391 6 years ago

I think I placed my order over the weekend. Not sure what number I am or when I can expect the game. But I am stoked! I played the pin at Alamo Drafthouse in SF and can't wait to own it.

#1392 6 years ago

What am I missing?! I’m trying to update to v1.0.6 after downloading the update file. Copied it to a USB thumb drive, booted the machine, inserted the USB into an empty slot behind the back glass and nothing. Tried booting with the USB already inserted, nothing. Tried inserting the USB while booting and nothing.

Is my USB thumb drive too big? 8GB. Wrong format? FAT32. Is it the wrong day of the week? Thursday. I kept the original file name tna-gamecode.pkg

Cheers!

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

What am I missing?! I’m trying to update to v1.0.6 after downloading the update file. Copied it to a USB thumb drive, booted the machine, inserted the USB into an empty slot behind the back glass and nothing. Tried booting with the USB already inserted, nothing. Tried inserting the USB while booting and nothing.
Is my USB thumb drive too big? 8GB. Wrong format? FAT32. Is it the wrong day of the week? Thursday. I kept the original file name tna-gamecode.pkg
Cheers!

08D15029-6962-4725-BA62-9E1366824DB7 (resized).jpeg08D15029-6962-4725-BA62-9E1366824DB7 (resized).jpeg

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Cheers!

Try a different USB stick. This seems to be the first issue I have seen with someone trying to update code.

Are you getting anything on the screen at all with the game booted and inserting the USB stick? If not, the USB stick is not being read at all. Try a different one. If it shows the Spooky logo and says that the settings and audits were backed up, that just means it could not find the pkg file.

--Scott

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Cheers!

Same here.
Same batch of games.
Having some weird flipper movements too.

#1396 6 years ago

I finally got to play. What a refreshment to see a new game like this to appear.
Fantastic package all the way around and a blast to play. Maybe hope to get one
down the road.

#1397 6 years ago

Congrats Spooky on selling over 300!

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Congrats Spooky on selling over 300!

My money is on 420. Almost there. Might have to add another 1 in front.

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My money is on 420. Almost there. Might have to add another 1 in front.

I reckon they may sell over a 1000 but it will take a few years.

#1400 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Question for owners: When my reactor is activated the right flipper stutters / jiggles. Similar to the flipper stutter on Dialed in. Is this part of gameplay?

Weird flipper stuff happening here also. My initial thoughts were exactly the same - is it intentional like Dialed In. Apparently its not. Did you end up correcting it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/28?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.