(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 239.
#1301 6 years ago

72 is picked up. I'm picking up 73 mid next week. I'm sure a few more will be done before I get mine.

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Finally took down Lionman's grand champion score . As you can now see my score I only destroyed 2 reactors , but I was maxing them out and destroying the reactors with multiballs. I had the 3rd reactor critical , 2 balls locked and I drained going for the multiball . Score could have been pretty awesome had I destroyed #3 during that multiball.

nice, looking forward to TNA kicking my arse. the more new streams and gameplay videos I watch the more I think 'oh shit, what did I get myself in for' I do feel a couple sick days coming once it arrives though.. cough cough.. oh wait too soon, I'm #95

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

nice, looking forward to TNA kicking my arse. the more new streams and gameplay videos I watch the more I think 'oh shit, what did I get myself in for' I do feel a couple sick days coming once it arrives though.. cough cough.. oh wait too soon, I'm #95

Wait until the new code update v1.1.0 drops... muhahaha!
--Scott

#1304 6 years ago

Thanks, I was looking to pick up #119 but it is gone. If anyone wants out on there spot PM me..

#1305 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Yeah it's awesome this game can really kick your ass ,it makes small victories very satisfying (destroying reactors , extra ball for starting #3) Even though I only got 2 of the reactors it was still a very rewarding ,and intense game I had .

#1306 6 years ago
#1307 6 years ago

Scott, When are you going to start your next game?

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Hopefully not until TNA has finished its run. I for one want his full attention on TNA (at least until number 174 has shipped).

Do we know how many TNAs have been ordered now? They were just below 300 when I last checked.

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hopefully not until TNA has finished its run. I for one want his full attention on TNA (at least until number 174 has shipped).
Do we know how many TNAs have been ordered now? They were just below 300 when I last checked.

Spooky will run TNA for a long time. That's great. Keep in mind that it took Scott a couple of years to design this game. I rather have him start wihin a few months on the next one as it will take long enough to finish that. Spooky can continue building games in he mean time

#1310 6 years ago

It's my understanding that he has plenty of ramps left over to work with.

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Spooky will run TNA for a long time. That's great. Keep in mind that it took Scott a couple of years to design this game. I rather have him start wihin a few months on the next one as it will take long enough to finish that. Spooky can continue building games in he mean time

All the same, I feel better knowing his full attention is on bug fixes, minor code upgrades, determining if parts are robust enough or need an upgrade, etc.

Everyone is always rushing off to the next best thing, I’m glad Scott has kept his full attention on the game being run to make sure it is the absolute very best it can possibly be.

#1312 6 years ago

We don't need more pinball. We need GOOD pinball. Scott is ensuring this game is rock solid on the software side, which is sorely missing from the hobby.

#1313 6 years ago

Yeah, I am not starting a new game yet. I have ideas in my head, but right now, need to make TNA as perfect as it can be. I know that sounds like a cop out and corny thing to say, but I am really dedicated to making sure the people that put their trust in Spooky and myself are happy with their purchase.
--Scott

#1314 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yeah, I am not starting a new game yet. I have ideas in my head, but right now, need to make TNA as perfect as it can be. I know that sounds like a cop out and corny thing to say, but I am really dedicated to making sure the people that put their trust in Spooky and myself are happy with their purchase.
--Scott

And you need some time to rest and relax after TNA .

#1315 6 years ago

--Scott

Sounds like a guy I want to do business with in the future. You had me at make TNA as perfect as it can be. Game is awesome in present state.

#1316 6 years ago

iepinball GREAT stream! Superb camera rig and playing on display.

I don't know how anyone can possibly see footage like that and read commentary from the designer like this

but right now, need to make TNA as perfect as it can be

and not be completely enamored with this title!

#1317 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

troz GREAT stream! Superb camera rig and playing on display.

+1

Karl's gameplay videos are some of the very best and keep getting better! The direct feeds from the video screen and score display are a nice touch too and much appreciated.

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

» YouTube video

Awesome and great to see the high-def options so I can stream in 1440 and it's almost like being there.

I think this is the best stream, those that have not yet played it and are on the fence should be able to get a great idea of what it is to play the game. That video setup is great and it shows how much fun this game is and this is just solo play. If you don't like that it's fine. Some might like more in terms of rules or pick you own adventure type game. But TNA is just a complete pinball game as it stands (IMO).

I just played the game last week first time and as I said then, could have bought AFM remake which was on my wish list forever. But TNA is just so fun and different that that I'm happy to wait for my game #153 (I think).

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But TNA is just so fun and different that that I'm happy to wait for my game #153 (I think).

I’ll be patiently waiting for you to show yours off, I’m right behind you. I’m clocking in at 169 and I’m absolutely foaming at the mouth to get it haha.

#1320 6 years ago

Wow what a game! Made the trip to Australia pretty well, it worked 99% out of the box. There was just one switch on the loop misbehaving.

Thanks Scott for creating the game and thanks Spooky for building it!

Looking forward to playing with the new 1.1 code!

Photo 6-2-18, 9 52 32 pm (resized).jpgPhoto 6-2-18, 9 52 32 pm (resized).jpg

#1321 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

+1
Karl's gameplay videos are some of the very best and keep getting better! The direct feeds from the video screen and score display are a nice touch too and much appreciated.

I’d like to add that for myself watching a nice video can be as good or an adjunct to myself actually playing the game. I bought Tron pin before I’d ever played it just watched the videos, and it’s still one of my all time favorite pins.

I played TWD and Woz a lot of times never clicked but watching some of the tutorial videos and seeing modes that I’d never got to have had a positive effect on my appreciation of the pins.

With TNA played it but hard for me to get the feel in 15-20 games but with the video especially such a well recorded video I got more of a feel from watching that than my few hands on gameplay.

#1322 6 years ago

#299 ordered

#1323 6 years ago

who is going to be 300 ?

300game02 (3) (resized).jpg300game02 (3) (resized).jpg

#1324 6 years ago

What is the list of the Spooky distributor in the US?

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Didn't see a list on their site, but I know of these off the top of my head:
http://www.pinballstar.com/
https://www.kingpingames.net/

#1326 6 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Quoted from stevevt:

Didn't see a list on their site, but I know of these off the top of my head:
http://www.pinballstar.com/
https://www.kingpingames.net/

yeah,

here is it (in no particular order)

Directly (Spooky) (WI)
Pinball Star (PA)
KingPin Games (WI)
Ron Anthony (MO)

no matter whom you get your game from, it will be great!

#1327 6 years ago

When did you find this out? I sent my deposit in yesterday.

#1328 6 years ago

10,000 by Christmas.

#1329 6 years ago

--Scott

You are the true AntiStern Scott.........Who wouldn’t love that response! You my friend are one of us! In Danesi we trust!

#1330 6 years ago

In before the Danesi Lock.
(I'm on a roll)

#1331 6 years ago

Does anyone know if this is on location in the Chicagoland area? I'd love to give it a try to see what it's all about. I'm tempted to drive out to Wisconsin to tour the factory if that's even allowed.

#1332 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Does anyone know if this is on location in the Chicagoland area? I'd love to give it a try to see what it's all about. I'm tempted to drive out to Wisconsin to tour the factory if that's even allowed.

Bigby’s Pour House in Rolling Meadows
Brixies Saloon in Brookfield

#1333 6 years ago

... and if you (or anybody else) are up north, you're more than welcome to stop by and play mine.

#1334 6 years ago

Mine is still out on route at AltBrew in Madison and rockin.
1808 wright st if anyone ever wants to stop and chck it out on the way through town.

#1335 6 years ago

#20 made it to Australia in great shape! Well done to all connected with this pin, love it. But am concerned I may not get to play it. My partner won’t stop pushing the start button hmm! It’s a winner in this house.

2FD605C7-1B91-48B8-BD38-445F5D3A63B5 (resized).jpeg2FD605C7-1B91-48B8-BD38-445F5D3A63B5 (resized).jpeg

#1336 6 years ago

Does anybody know where I can play one around eastern NC? Thinking of ordering one but really want to give it a try first.

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

When did you find this out? I sent my deposit in yesterday.

I sent my deposit late yesterday(Monday)
Found out my number this morning. I got a long wait....

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Bigby’s Pour House in Rolling Meadows
Brixies Saloon in Brookfield

Thanks for that, I'm going to check out Bigby's tomorrow and put the machine through it's paces. I want to add a third machine to my small pinball collection and want to really play this game. Since I only have two pinball's right now, I'd love to have some variety in my collection and think this game might fit that bill.

Whats the consensus for adding this pin to a small collection?

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Thanks for that, I'm going to check out Bigby's tomorrow and put the machine through it's paces. I want to add a third machine to my small pinball collection and want to really play this game. Since I only have two pinball's right now, I'd love to have some variety in my collection and think this game might fit that bill.

I say go for it! I was finally able to play it last night and it truly is a great game! Throwback style game built with new technology and it’s loads of fun!

#1340 6 years ago

so is TNA officially the most selling Spooky game now?

I have to assume #301 sold in the past day...

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Hopefully they got the one at Bigby’s running correctly. Last time I was there they had installed a bill acceptor which just ate your dollar and didn’t give any credits. The coin slots worked correctly but I didn’t have a whole bunch of quarters (it’s set on $1 a game so it will eat your money fast!) and the bartender claimed they didn’t carry that much change either. He was a cool guy but it seemed like he liked to talk up their Doctor Who machine and complain about TNA. He was complaining that the game is on too loud.....uh yeah that’s the point. They have an AC/DC premium and its on so quiet I can’t hear the music! What’s the point of having a music pin if you don’t have the music on?! Anyway, make sure you bring a bunch of quarters just in case and notify the bar if something doesn’t work with the credits.

#1342 6 years ago

I've tried - it's impossible to have TNA too loud!

#1343 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so is TNA officially the most selling Spooky game now?
I have to assume #301 sold in the past day...

It sure seems that way and they are not done yet. Could be that Spooky will begin to shed the boutique pinball image after this and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of people.

#1344 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Pm me if you or someone else wants to kick the tires on TNA.

#1345 6 years ago

You are the true AntiStern Scott.........Who wouldn’t love that response! You my friend are one of us! In Danesi we trust!

Yeah, that’s why TNA was my first NIB and not a Stern.

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Hopefully they got the one at Bigby’s running correctly. Last time I was there they had installed a bill acceptor which just ate your dollar and didn’t give any credits. The coin slots worked correctly but I didn’t have a whole bunch of quarters (it’s set on $1 a game so it will eat your money fast!) and the bartender claimed they didn’t carry that much change either. He was a cool guy but it seemed like he liked to talk up their Doctor Who machine and complain about TNA. He was complaining that the game is on too loud.....uh yeah that’s the point. They have an AC/DC premium and its on so quiet I can’t hear the music! What’s the point of having a music pin if you don’t have the music on?! Anyway, make sure you bring a bunch of quarters just in case and notify the bar if something doesn’t work with the credits.

I talked to Gavin(operator), he got the bill acceptor on there and working, but bring some quarters jic

#1347 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It sure seems that way and they are not done yet. Could be that Spooky will begin to shed the boutique pinball image after this and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of people.

Yeah, I think they are going to hit 500 plus on TNA.

The reality is the thing earns VERY well on location. Since I was an early adopter you always assume at first it is just the novelty factor and things will dip off over time (as more games get out on route). Reality is, that the earnings are as strong as ever and from both casuals and pinheads alike. Despite there being at least 3 TNA on route in WI, earnings are just as strong as the first month.

As more operators get more confidence and hear more similar stories then they will buy also. Of note that working on and maintaining TNA has been super easy and a breeze to wipe down and keep clean (do to street level). Production quality is top notch IME for TNA. I know people had early concerns about 'garage feel of spooky' but this is a whole new level of quality and construction. As more people change that perception, then sales will fuel more.

I think most sales up till now are home market fueled, but expect the route sales to really explode over the next year.

#1348 6 years ago

Just found out I am #296! If Ryan is #299, that means at least 4 were sold on Monday.

#1349 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

TNA is my favorite pinball machine, hands down. I have a smaller collection of games (BK2K, R&B, RFM/SWEP1 and a couple others) and have never had the enjoyment with them as I do with TNA. I think it has something to do with the complete package (gameplay, art, lights, sound, etc) coupled with intentionally
shorter game/ball times, bit-sized sense of accomplishments (setting up and hitting multi-ball, blowing up a reactor -- even if it is reactor 1, hitting the skill shot, etc.), an easy to understand yet difficult to master rule set, and a game that is forcing me to learn pinball techniques (nudging, passing, catching, etc.).

As many have said in this thread, it has that "just one more game" feel to it which none of my other games really do.

I got into the hobby ~5 years ago and I'm not a good player by any means so take what I say with a grain of salt... it also doesn't hurt that my 8yr old daughter is my partner in crime with pinball and I pretty much have at least a 2 player game whenever I want

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

I got into the hobby ~5 years ago and I'm not a good player by any means so take what I say with a grain of salt...

In many ways, newbie thoughts and feelings are more important or at the very least, equal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/27?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.