(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 239.
#1251 6 years ago

Live on twitch. Foxcitiespinball

www.twitch.tv/foxcitiespinball

#1252 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

A hurry up would be fun. Snack bar style.

Agreed maybe a different mystery award like a frenzy ‘switch mode’ or hurry up shot award for big points.

#1253 6 years ago

Not every game needs every thing from every other game.

#1254 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Said everybody always.

#1255 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think Scott’s vision is spot on for the game. By adding hurry ups or side modes it would take away and possibile block the main goal. And man it’s fast enough with game times of 3 minutes. Not really time for a take a break mode. In. My opinion. That’s why alotnof is have different games in the lineup.

#1256 6 years ago

Does anyone have any chipping or dimpling on their playfield yet? I'm curious to find out how it's performing compared to others like CGC's. Would be good if there was none!

#1257 6 years ago

I had a bunch of friends over last night, and TNA held up very well. Everyone seemed to love it, and I had one comment of "I might buy one."

There were only two issues that I noticed:

1. A ball was stuck on top of a drop target (might need height adjusted ) and ball search ran a couple of times. Once I saw the guy having problems, I nudged the ball loose, but it was still stuck behind the first drop target, and ball search wasn't running any more. I had to open the game.

2. I started multiball, but the game didn't detect it. The lighting and music didn't change. One ball drained quickly, and the game apparently switched players (we didn't notice until later) without a bonus countdown. There was a ball sitting in the shooter lane, while I was playing the other two.

#1258 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Does anyone have any chipping or dimpling on their playfield yet? I'm curious to find out how it's performing compared to others like CGC's. Would be good if there was none!

Dumpling, yes. Chipping, no. In my experience, Spooky's playfields are the best in the business.

#1259 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I had a bunch of friends over last night, and TNA held up very well. Everyone seemed to love it, and I had one comment of "I might buy one."
1. A ball was stuck on top of a drop target (might need height adjusted ) and ball search ran a couple of times. Once I saw the guy having problems, I nudged the ball loose, but it was still stuck behind the first drop target, and ball search wasn't running any more. I had to open the game.
2. I started multiball, but the game didn't detect it. The lighting and music didn't change. One ball drained quickly, and the game apparently switched players (we didn't notice until later) without a bonus countdown. There was a ball sitting in the shooter lane, while I was playing the other two.

1). Yes, adjust the height of the target itself

2). Go into the switch test and see if the 1st opto (technically ball lock 2) registers.

#1260 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

We had a few issues on our stream. Mainly the right flipper spring broke and then a few games later the left one broke.
I have not changed any settings from the factory because I felt like everything played great.
My question is has anyone decreased the flipper strength of the flipper coils because they felt they were to strong? Has anyone else had the flipper springs break.
The spring broke where it attaches to the base and not at the plunger.
One time the lcd screen got fuzzy looking but we cycled the power and than it was fine.
The tilt warnings would continue through to next but my understanding is that maybe addressed in the next code update.
Other than that the game played great.

#1261 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Dumpling, yes. Chipping, no. In my experience, Spooky's playfields are the best in the business.

Mmmmm, dumplings. Hehe

Quoted from bitpatrol:

ALL playfields will dimple. It's a steel ball hittung a wooden surface, no way to stop that. That being said, spooky has one of the best playfield/clearcoats out there currently. Extensive testing has been done on multiple playfield and multiple styles of tests (strict ball wear, ball impact tests in the playfield itself, impact tests on edges of scoops, etc).

#1262 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Mmmmm, dumplings. Hehe

ALL playfields will dimple. It's a steel ball hittung a wooden surface, no way to stop that. That being said, spooky has one of the best playfield/clearcoats out there currently. Extensive testing has been done on multiple playfield and multiple styles of tests (strict ball wear, ball impact tests in the playfield itself, impact tests on edges of scoops, etc).

Ok, good to know!

Quoted from TomGWI:

We had a few issues on our stream. Mainly the right flipper spring broke and then a few games later the left one broke.
I have not changed any settings from the factory because I felt like everything played great.
My question is has anyone decreased the flipper strength of the flipper coils because they felt they were to strong? Has anyone else had the flipper springs break.
The spring broke where it attaches to the base and not at the plunger.
One time the lcd screen got fuzzy looking but we cycled the power and than it was fine.
The tilt warnings would continue through to next but my understanding is that maybe addressed in the next code update.
Other than that the game played great.

I had the same thing happen on my AFMrLE. The hole which the spring goes through had a bit of a sharp edge from the drill, and it cut through the spring loop. I ended up smoothing the holes a bit and re-attached the springs a after bending the loop back and it worked ok so far. Maybe they used the same flipper hardware and it was a bad batch.

#1263 6 years ago

I had a flipper spring break after the first couple weeks with my RZ.

#1264 6 years ago

All the software issues mentioned have been addressed in v1.1.0 which will be released pretty soon. I am just trying to chase a few more issues before I release it.
--Scott

#1265 6 years ago

I'm curious, what hardware platform does TNA use, and where do I get info. on it? Is it some type of open platform that is used for other pins?

#1266 6 years ago

TNA looks and sounds awesome! Hopefully someone in my area will have one eventually.

Is it me or is TNA slightly smaller than a regular Stern cabinet and back-box? I am judging this from some of the photos that I have seen with TNA next to a Stern. Could just be the angle of the pictures.

#1267 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I'm curious, what hardware platform does TNA use, and where do I get info. on it? Is it some type of open platform that is used for other pins?

http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php/P-ROC_Main_Page

#1269 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

The P3-ROC and modular PDB system that TNA uses are off-the-shelf hardware with a large community of users and software developers. The P3-ROC is based off the original P-ROC and is used in a growing number of commercial games (TNA, Houdini, P3, TBL) and dozens of hobbyist-developed machines. The modular concept allows developers to scale the hardware to support the number of features they want in their machine.

More information here: https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-pinball-platform/hardware-control-system/

If you're curious about software, the software framework TNA is based off of is an open source python framework called SkeletonGame supported by a growing community, with pinside user mocean being the maintainer and primary developer. The idea behind the framework is that it provides most of the standard pinball features, and you can spend the bulk of your dev cycles focusing on game content. (http://skeletongame.com/)

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1270 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

The P3-ROC and modular PDB system that TNA uses are off-the-shelf hardware with a large community of users and software developers. The P3-ROC is based off the original P-ROC and is used in a growing number of commercial games (TNA, Houdini, P3, TBL) and dozens of hobbyist-developed machines. The modular concept allows developers to scale the hardware to support the number of features they want in their machine.
More information here: https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-pinball-platform/hardware-control-system/
If you're curious about software, the software framework TNA is based off of an open source python framework called SkeletonGame supported by a growing community, with pinside user mocean being the maintainer and primary developer. The idea behind the framework is that it provides most of the standard pinball features, and you can spend the bulk of your dev cycles focusing on game content. (http://skeletongame.com/)
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Awesome. I'll get around to looking closer at this, I'm curious to find out how the code/rules handle all of the states the machine can be in, and how complex the state rules get... tough to test all the state combinations for sensors/timers/counters etc.

#1271 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Awesome. I'll get around to looking closer at this, I'm curious to find out how the code/rules handle all of the states the machine can be in, and how complex the state rules get... tough to test all the state combinations for sensors/timers/counters etc.

Pinball machines aren't simple "state" machines, or they're not designed that way in P-ROC land. Basically you have the modes, and in pyprocgame (the framework most P-ROC games are based on), the mode is the basic unit of work. So even devices are modes. Modes receive switch events and can keep track of their own internal data. Modes can also talk to other modes. The basic ingredients of a "mode" are: switch events (functions that get called when switch states change), coil/lamp pulses which can drive coils, lamps and other devices through the P-ROC hardware, and audio/display driver events.

https://github.com/Compy/DemolitionMan2000/blob/master/dm_modes/carchase.py

There's an example mode from a game I did about 6 or 7 years ago.

The framework abstracts most of that away beautifully. However, if you don't have any experience programming, it can be a bit of a learning curve, but many people have done it and experienced tremendous success.

#1272 6 years ago

What Jimmy said.

To be pedantic, they are state machines but they sure aren't simple. If you want to merge a state machine perspective with the pyprocgame mode philosophy, it probably breaks down that each mode is a state and the transitions between the states are probably composite actions (not just individual switch hits). Each mode itself may itself be a separate state machine depending on what the mode does, and here the transitions are more simple, like switch events and timers.

To drive home the point about the mode perspective, there's lots of docs on the SkeletonGame website, including this.
http://skeletongame.com/mode-basics/

It's not clear that it's beneficial to get too locked into the state machine concept for SkeletonGame, but what is clear is that I've gone way too deep into technical details on a club thread...

#1273 6 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

What Jimmy said.
To be pedantic, they are state machines but they sure aren't simple. If you want to merge a state machine perspective with the pyprocgame mode philosophy, it probably breaks down that each mode is a state and the transitions between the states are probably composite actions (not just individual switch hits). Each mode itself may itself be a separate state machine depending on what the mode does, and here the transitions are more simple, like switch events and timers.
To drive home the point about the mode perspective, there's lots of docs on the SkeletonGame website, including this.
http://skeletongame.com/mode-basics/
It's not clear that it's beneficial to get too locked into the state machine concept for SkeletonGame, but what is clear is that I've gone way too deep into technical details on a club thread...

What Michael said... I'm a noob.

Plus he explains it in context much much better than I.

#1274 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

What Michael said... I'm a noob.
Plus he explains it in context much much better than I.

If you're a noob, we are all doomed.

I'm going to thumb you down to oblivion.

#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

If your really curious install skeleton and download the sample game. You can program a fake game and use the keyboard for switches. Or better yet. Start your own home brew game.

#1276 6 years ago

Forget the pinball machine for a minute...

Been listening to the TNA album on Spotify all weekend. Just wanted to say I’ve been listening to a ton of electronic/synthwave music for years. This album really stands alone on it’s own. Top notch from top to bottom, really blown way Scott. Steam Generator definitely my favorite track by far.

I hope you consider shopping it around to some vinyl pressing companies. With the retro theme & great pinball soundtrack backstory, you might get someone to do a run for you (on pink colored vinyl of course), and might even help you sell some more pins! Record Store Day release anyone?

Again well done bud

#1277 6 years ago

Speaking of the music, my favorite track is probably "The Armics." But does it only appear on the game when battling the 8th reactor? If so, the chances are slim I will ever get to hear it in the game.

KingPinGames Are you going to have TNA on the floor at Texas Pinball Festival? I'm not expecting my #183 to be ready before the show. Can't wait to play the game in its finished form.

#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Speaking of the music, my favorite track is probably "The Armics." But does it only appear on the game when battling the 8th reactor? If so, the chances are slim I will ever get to hear it in the game.
kingpingames Are you going to have TNA on the floor at Texas Pinball Festival? I'm not expecting my #183 to be ready before the show. Can't wait to play the game in its finished form.

Technically Spooky will have the TNA(s) in their booth, but our booths are right next to each other so yes.

#1279 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Steam Generator definitely my favorite track by far.

One of my favorites as well, and I can actually hear it in the game occasionally.

Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

my favorite track is probably "The Armics."

Also excellent, and yeah, I'm thankful for the soundtrack, since I'm also not likely to ever hear it in-game.

I also love the feel of "Nineteen Eighty Something".

Finally, "Last Mission" is suitably epic. I can only imagine hearing that while trying to work through reactor nine. I'd be shitting bricks.

#1280 6 years ago

TNA numero 70 just paid in full today as a FYI for the ones keeping track of numbers... ready to ship on Friday.

#1281 6 years ago

Just did first week of collection at my location with TNA added in, TNA doubled the next best game in earnings and location had second highest total weekly earnings since games were added 10 months ago. Saw increase in most titles this week. Thanks Spooky and Company.

#1282 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just did first week of collection at my location with TNA added in, TNA doubled the next best game in earnings and location had second highest total weekly earnings since games were added 10 months ago. Saw increase in most titles this week. Thanks Spooky and Company.

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing the info.

#1283 6 years ago

Finally rented the "Things That Go Bump In the Night: The Spooky Pinball Story" this past weekend.

Wow - HUGE amount of respect for Charlie and his family for the tremendous amount of work and risk that they took on. Quite the success story - makes me extra happy, as a TNA buyer, to be able to help support Spooky's growth while getting a great game!

#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

TNA numero 70 just paid in full today as a FYI for the ones keeping track of numbers... ready to ship on Friday.

Awesome! At this pace I’ll have #218 delivered by Santa.

Kidding of course. Take your time and do it right.

#1285 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Wow. Been toying with putting mine on location. Just started a couple months ago and doing well. This kind of thing makes it very tempting though i was looking forward to one in my house.

#1286 6 years ago

Rotated the line up tonight. Looks good here.

20180201_201826 (resized).jpg20180201_201826 (resized).jpg

20180201_201838 (resized).jpg20180201_201838 (resized).jpg

#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That is an awesome line up !

#1288 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Great to see some pics next to some great S/S games of that era.

#1289 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Cool to see - thanks! I was figuring on putting mine next to my Fathom and EBD and your pic confirms that this will be a good match cabinet height-wise.

#1290 6 years ago

Hopefully that photo puts the endless questioning of, "Is TNA like a zizle or something? It looks so much smaller than other games."

That's a great lineup, RustyLizard !

#1291 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Hopefully that photo puts the endless questioning of, "Is TNA like a zizle or something? It looks so much smaller than other games."
That's a great lineup, rustylizard !

Yes, taller head with no neck equals classic Bally size. Fits perfectly. If I adjusted leg levelers I could make height identical.

#1292 6 years ago

Late night TNA stream starting soon at http://twitch.tv/iepinball

#1293 6 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Great stream Karl. Video quality was superb!. Your skills are pretty good too....

#1294 6 years ago

Yes awesome stream! Thanks for posting the heads up for it here so I could watch!

#1295 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Video quality was superb!

Wait until you see the 4k video going up to YouTube now 20GB for the last 30 minutes!

#1296 6 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Love the stream. Fun watch! Hope to catch it live next time. Thanks!

#1297 6 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Wait until you see the 4k video going up to YouTube now 20GB for the last 30 minutes!

Link please?

#1298 6 years ago

Finally took down Lionman's grand champion score . As you can now see my score I only destroyed 2 reactors , but I was maxing them out and destroying the reactors with multiballs. I had the 3rd reactor critical , 2 balls locked and I drained going for the multiball . Score could have been pretty awesome had I destroyed #3 during that multiball.

20180203_180208 (resized).jpg20180203_180208 (resized).jpg

#1299 6 years ago

What build # is TNA up to?

#1300 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What build # is TNA up to?

Mid 70’s

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/26?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.