(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 239.
#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Slingshot rubbers >> go down 1/4 inch (I think they are 2.5? so go down to 2.25) and that seems to have solved the ball under sling issue from speedy balls (seems to happen during multiball). I have not had any issues since down sizing rubber.

If this is the case, will Spooky start shipping it with smaller rubbers?

#1202 6 years ago

#61 Made here safe and sound. Played awesome right out of the box. Amazing sound, music and gameplay.
tilted81 came by to help break it in. Great job SpookyCharlie & @thenotrashcougar!!!

779F3DBB-8250-439A-8527-7F26236BBCCE (resized).jpeg779F3DBB-8250-439A-8527-7F26236BBCCE (resized).jpeg

CA04DE6B-7CC8-40D8-AFD6-358D64E0532F (resized).jpegCA04DE6B-7CC8-40D8-AFD6-358D64E0532F (resized).jpeg

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

If this is the case, will Spooky start shipping it with smaller rubbers?

I would suggest they do not! Going to a smaller runner was a suggestion for on route where a stuck ball under a sling means time wasted for Tommy and the game not earning while the ball is stuck.

The stuck ball under the sling is very rare and in a home environment is not a big deal since you just take off the glass and pull the ball

The risk of a smaller ring is that it will break and it does give the game different action and require readjusting the sling switches. i do NOT think going down a sling size is needed nor would I recommend to home users.

Reality is that the game is FAST and chaotic during multiball. With that equation, balls are going to go under slings. The game will slow down slightly for Tommy after a few hundred plays and likelyhood goes down.

#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would suggest they do not! Going to a smaller runner was a suggestion for on route where a stuck ball under a sling means time wasted for Tommy and the game not earning while the ball is stuck.
The stuck ball under the sling is very rare and in a home environment is not a big deal since you just take off the glass and pull the ball
The risk of a smaller ring is that it will break and it does give the game different action and require readjusting the sling switches. i do NOT think going down a sling size is needed nor would I recommend to home users.
Reality is that the game is FAST and chaotic during multiball. With that equation, balls are going to go under slings. The game will slow down slightly for Tommy after a few hundred plays and likelyhood goes down.

Backing the sling power down to 6 helps this completely.

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I looked at side firing 12v LEDs for this, but anything worthwhile was very expensive. Currently there is a standard 89 bulb in it. If anyone finds any good 12v side firing LEDs that work, definitely let me know. The 89 is pretty bright from the factory though.
--Scott

Scott:
What did you find that was worthwhile but too expensive? Was it a bulb that is too expensive for mass production or was it a solution that requires different wiring etc?

#1206 6 years ago

good to know!

#1207 6 years ago

We will be streaming 'Total Nuclear Annihilation' Pinball tonight at 7PM EST with EVEN NEWER CODE! ALL THE NEW CODE! - http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

#1208 6 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

» YouTube video
We will be streaming 'Total Nuclear Annihilation' Pinball tonight at 7PM EST with EVEN NEWER CODE! ALL THE NEW CODE! - http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Is that a direct feed from the LCD?

#1209 6 years ago

Ok, I understand @whysnow. I was just curious how the discovery is issues in the wild trickles back to the manufacturing changes. I had assumed that after some number of games, changes start to occur to the base.

For example, will you change the default setting @thenotrashcougar? I haven’t even played this game, I’m ust curious seeing as my game is in the 200s. Should I be making a list of these kinds of suggestions, or does the hardware and software evolve to solve issues as they are discovered?

#1210 6 years ago

Scott, I'm just curious why you decided to drop the signature BEEP...BEEP down an octave in the new version of the song. Was there some technical reason? Or did you just like the way it sounded better?

#1211 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Scott, I'm just curious why you decided to drop the signature BEEP...BEEP down an octave in the new version of the song. Was there some technical reason? Or did you just like the way it sounded better?

That’s what I was curious about too. That and the multi drumbeat (or whatever you’d call it) during the opening track.

#1212 6 years ago

Oh no! You can't go messing with the music man! I demand the original cut be an option in the settings!

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Ok, I understand whysnow. I was just curious how the discovery is issues in the wild trickles back to the manufacturing changes. I had assumed that after some number of games, changes start to occur to the base.
For example, will you change the default setting thenotrashcougar? I haven’t even played this game, I’m ust curious seeing as my game is in the 200s. Should I be making a list of these kinds of suggestions, or does the hardware and software evolve to solve issues as they are discovered?

Read through both of the TNA threads.

You will see Scott is constantly taking feedback, fixing bugs, and adding improvements. Last night Owlnonymous streamed beta code on twitch and Scott has already fixed some bugs that cropped up before he releases v1.1.0 to the wild.

If you download the TNA code updates from:

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783

There is a changelog included that highlights fixes and features. That gives some good insight to the process.

You very quickly get the sense that Scott is pretty fanatical about making this a reliable and well coded game.

#1214 6 years ago

Quoted from AndHart120:

That’s what I was curious about too. That and the multi drumbeat (or whatever you’d call it) during the opening track.

Quoted from Fytr:

Oh no! You can't go messing with the music man! I demand the original cut be an option in the settings!

Also wondering the same thing. I really enjoyed the high pitch of the BEEP! It adds a nice contrast to the bass and beat heavy song!

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Read through both of the TNA threads.
You will see Scott is constantly taking feedback, fixing bugs, and adding improvements. Last night Owlnonymous streamed beta code on twitch and Scott has already fixed some bugs that cropped up before he releases v1.1.0 to the wild.
If you download the TNA code updates from:
http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783
There is a changelog included that highlights fixes and features. That gives some good insight to the process.
You very quickly get the sense that Scott is pretty fanatical about making this a reliable and well coded game.

That’s cool.

#1216 6 years ago

Don’t own this but I’m gonna put an order in soon. It’s the complete package here. Amazing light show. Fantastic soundtrack. Lightning fast playfield. Retro cool. Constantly updated code. This is what pinball fun is all about.

#1217 6 years ago

The Total Nuclear Annihilation album just hit iTunes and Apple Music

https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/total-nuclear-annihilation/1339473590

#1218 6 years ago

Can’t sleep so. Listening on Spotify. Sounds awesome scott.

#1219 6 years ago

Aww, you guys beat me to it. The soundtrack is now on TIDAL as well.

I played the first track over our Sonos system this morning to wake up the kids. They were not amused.

#1220 6 years ago

Still waiting for Google, Amazon or Pandora to add it.

#1221 6 years ago

Amazon just got it! Still waiting on Google...

Thanks again for all the support guys/gals!

--Scott

#1222 6 years ago

Just curious, how do these streaming music services work for artists? Do you get paid per play, or something like that?

I see the single to purchase on Amazon, but I can't find it to stream. I did purchase the FLAC version, but if streaming it benefits Scott at all, I'm willing to do that when possible.

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Just curious, how do these streaming music services work for artists? Do you get paid per play, or something like that?
I see the single to purchase on Amazon, but I can't find it to stream. I did purchase the FLAC version, but if streaming it benefits Scott at all, I'm willing to do that when possible.

I get paid a little. A VERY small amount, but it is just cool having the music out there. I get paid way less than a penny for every time it is streamed. After the streaming sites, get their cut, my distribution company gets their cut, and BMI gets their cut, I get the scraps. But it is all good! The only way I make anything is if people buy the FLAC files direct from my website, which people have, and I am ever grateful.
--Scott

#1224 6 years ago

Bought the FLAC files, but just ordered the album from Amazon so that the wife can listen to it on her phone...we can't wait to hear those beats pumping out of unit #214!

#1225 6 years ago

The only way I make anything is if people buy the FLAC files direct from my website, which people have, and I am ever grateful.
--Scott

I worked for a band for many years, so I figured buying direct from the artist was the best way to support! (and saved me $7 over buying from iTunes!)

Loaded some songs up on my Pinsound last night. Sounded great in my car, but sounds even cooler coming from a pinball machine. Can't wait to play the real thing one day.

#1226 6 years ago

So if I buy the FLAC files from Scott, will I be able to import it to my Amazon account and play it from Alexa, stream them from my phone etc? I want to be able to support Scott the most, rather than buying the album from Amazon.

#1227 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

will I be able to import it to my Amazon account and play it from Alexa

Do you currently have an Amazon Music Storage subscription? If not, it looks like those were retired a week ago or so and they aren't accepting new subscriptions. Additionally, Amazon's file format FAQ says "For these file types, only eligible files that match Amazon's catalog can be uploaded." about flac files. For ease of use, it is probably best to just purchase the album through Amazon.

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

Do you currently have an Amazon Music Storage subscription? If not, it looks like those were retired a week ago or so and they aren't accepting new subscriptions. Additionally, Amazon's file format FAQ says "For these file types, only eligible files that match Amazon's catalog can be uploaded." about flac files. For ease of use, it is probably best to just purchase the album through Amazon.

Ok thanks! I might just have to buy it through Amazon then.

#1229 6 years ago

My wife is not a huge pinball fan and I am always trying to find ways to get her interested. I just started playing track one on the album in my house and she came up stairs and goes “what music is that and where is it from, I love it”.

I wouldn’t tell her anything I just said I came across it on the internet. When my TNA arrives I want her to hear the music coming from the pinball machine and hopefully she will be open to playing.

#1230 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

My wife is not a huge pinball fan and I am always trying to find ways to get her interested. I just started playing track one on the album in my house and she came up stairs and goes “what music is that and where is it from, I love it”.
I wouldn’t tell her anything I just said I came across it on the internet. When my TNA arrives I want her to hear the music coming from the pinball machine and hopefully she will be open to playing.

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

#1231 6 years ago

I ordered the tape, but the USPS has lost it, so I am very happy to be streaming the music today. It makes dropping my daughter of at school seem much more epic.

#1232 6 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

I ordered the tape, but the USPS has lost it, so I am very happy to be streaming the music today. It makes dropping my daughter of at school seem much more epic.

Pinball Life usually ships priority. Tracking number should tell you where it is right?

#1234 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So if I buy the FLAC files from Scott, will I be able to import it to my Amazon account and play it from Alexa, stream them from my phone etc? I want to be able to support Scott the most, rather than buying the album from Amazon.

I'm not familiar with how Amazon music works, but there are a variety of apps on Mac and PC that will convert FLAC files to standard WAV files. I then put the WAV files in iTunes, converted them to mp3 and put them on my phone. If you can add your own music to your amazon account it shouldn't be a problem.

#1235 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Pinball Life usually ships priority. Tracking number should tell you where it is right?

Yes, it has been "in transit to the destination" for about 5 days now. We had a freeze here in Texas, which we are not used to, so it was like the apocalypse and everything shut down, and apparently that made the post office loose everything. I'm not terribly worried, they are "looking for it", but the package has insurance. So, worst care scenario I order another copy, give Scott and Pinball Life some more money, and I just have to wait a bit longer.

#1236 6 years ago

You can easily buy the FLAC files and convert them to MP3 to play in iTunes, etc. I am on a Mac and downloaded the free program FLAC MP3 Converter from the App Store and converted them then threw them on my iPod.

#1237 6 years ago

Scott - any chance we can get the updated code for some weekend TNA sessions? Please?

#1238 6 years ago

Last night I went to town on making adjustments to the game. The stand-ups were really stiff right out of the box and without a strong, direct hit they wouldn't register. I adjusted those to where basically a slight tap will register and it made the game a lot easier - I made it to reactor 5 as soon as I put the game back together. I'm not sure if I prefer getting stuck around Reactor 2-3 due to losing balls trying to bash the destroy RAD standups or if I prefer them being easier to complete and making it farther into the game..

Could also be that I just had a really good game and the difficulty hasn't really changed much.

#1239 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Last night I went to town on making adjustments to the game. The stand-ups were really stiff right out of the box and without a strong, direct hit they wouldn't register. I adjusted those to where basically a slight tap will register and it made the game a lot easier - I made it to reactor 5 as soon as I put the game back together. I'm not sure if I prefer getting stuck around Reactor 2-3 due to losing balls trying to bash the destroy RAD standups or if I prefer them being easier to complete and making it farther into the game..
Could also be that I just had a really good game and the difficulty hasn't really changed much.

I adjusted a few stand ups with RZ too. My LDG targets took a pretty strong hit to register when brand new. I adjusted and now I feel they register as they should. As long as they don’t register with an extremely slow roller I’d says you’re good.

#1240 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Is that a direct feed from the LCD?

Yes, it's a direct capture of the screen, 1080p with audio via HDMI.

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I don't think having to adjust switches to a bit higher sensitivity is unreasonable. I don't think I would adjust the keypad stand up targets to be hair-trigger-like, but a moderate hit should register it. I love playing with touchy pops and slings, so I'll probably do that to mine whenever I get it.

#1242 6 years ago

Just bought the flac files from Scott, converted them them to MP3 ,and burned them to a disc. Now I can listen to the grooves anywhere!
Wish I could afford a game, but hope to get to play one on location somewhere soon.

#1243 6 years ago

Can the LCD backlight be decreased?

#1244 6 years ago
Quoted from fierodoug:

Just bought the flac files from Scott, converted them them to MP3

I threw mine on my Plex server and let the server take care of converting for whatever device wants to play them. I was playing them for my daughter today and she knew exactly where the music was from.

#1245 6 years ago

I was streaming the TNA soundtrack on Spotify tonight and my 16 year old daughter said, "It sounds like a pinball machine". LOL, I've been in this business WAY too long.

#1246 6 years ago

#1247 6 years ago

Does the TNA playfield dimple or chip or is it pretty solid compared to others like AFMr which easily dimples and leaves 'lines'. Just curious how the clearcoat compares and if I should get a full playfield protector if they make one.

#1248 6 years ago

Dude. Your dealing with one of the better coats currently avalible. Their test rig was showing no dimpling or chipping after 1 mil balls. Plus the super duper hardwood Charlie is using. Don’t need to wast time with additional protection. Just keep it clean like any normal game.

#1249 6 years ago

Am I in the minority wishing the scoop would do something in other modes? Even a splash screen would be cool. Something like access denied or a screen telling you were to shoot.

Love the game though. Had 4 reactors and list my ball. Sooooooo pissed.

#1250 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Am I in the minority wishing the scoop would do something in other modes? Even a splash screen would be cool. Something like access denied or a screen telling you were to shoot.
Love the game though. Had 4 reactors and list my ball. Sooooooo pissed.

A hurry up would be fun. Snack bar style.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/25?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.