(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 239.
#1151 6 years ago

CPR offered a conversion kit years ago for a Dolly Parton machine so you could change it into a new, "Lost Vegas" machine. Pretty cool idea but I lost track of what happened to it. Looks like its long dead now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whatever-happened-to-cprs-lost-vegas-pinball

#1152 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I looked at side firing 12v LEDs for this, but anything worthwhile was very expensive. Currently there is a standard 89 bulb in it. If anyone finds any good 12v side firing LEDs that work, definitely let me know. The 89 is pretty bright from the factory though.
--Scott

I’m working on this. I have a place I got the ones for my GB lightbar topper I built. Going to check with them. I think red would work best. May just steal one from the topper and head to RustyLizard

#1153 6 years ago

Congratulations Scott TheNoTrashCougar and Spooky SpookyCharlie on your awards and recognition tonight on the TWIPYs for your hard work on TNA. Job well done and you deserved it!! You have made an incredible pinball machine.

#1154 6 years ago

I installed the shaker last night, and I wanted to say I'm thoroughly impressed at how Scott is using it. It's not just on full blast all the time. There are times when it's used to create a low rumble, and then when you destroy a reactor, it appropriately lets you know. Bravo!

#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what are you waiting for???
You are an active problem solver... Make it happen and put a few games out in your area! You will love it!

Yes Tiger, let’s start with TAF and Medusa at $0.50 per play.

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Yes Tiger, let’s start with TAF and Medusa at $0.50 per play.

your EBD and GB would make a solid 4 lineup to start

#1157 6 years ago

Number 58 is in the house. Have to figure out the best way to set it up as it's blanket wrapped inside.

IMG_20180120_074856_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20180120_074856_01 (resized).jpg

#1158 6 years ago

butter?

#1159 6 years ago

If in 10 years from now, I somehow manage to damage a butter cabinet, would it be more difficult to repair than a non-butter? I plan on keeping mine for some time, and realize it may be difficult to keep dings off of it over the long-run, even with as much care as I would give it. I'm curious to find out how I would fix a ding on a butter? If it's a really bad ding, would I cover it with a decal to repair it?

#1160 6 years ago

This is butter!!!! Game is so fast.

20180120_094716 (resized).jpg20180120_094716 (resized).jpg

20180120_095208 (resized).jpg20180120_095208 (resized).jpg

20180120_094710 (resized).jpg20180120_094710 (resized).jpg

20180120_101630 (resized).jpg20180120_101630 (resized).jpg

20180120_101750 (resized).jpg20180120_101750 (resized).jpg

20180120_095128 (resized).jpg20180120_095128 (resized).jpg

20180120_092857 (resized).jpg20180120_092857 (resized).jpg

20180120_095105 (resized).jpg20180120_095105 (resized).jpg

20180120_102431 (resized).jpg20180120_102431 (resized).jpg

20180120_093539 (resized).jpg20180120_093539 (resized).jpg

20180120_092852 (resized).jpg20180120_092852 (resized).jpg

#1161 6 years ago

Save a few bucks, slide it into the line up and no one will really care if its butter or not. - I ordered the margarine cabinet.

#1162 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Save a few bucks, slide it into the line up and no one will really care if its butter or not. - I ordered the margarine cabinet.

I figured my game is staying for a long time and went all in on TNA. I do agree that it makes zero difference as far as enjoyment and isn't that noticeable.

#1163 6 years ago

Had some fun dollar games last night on Metallica with some fellow Pinsiders. Ordered a pink Sac Rack for my TNA today-

#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I figured my game is staying for a long time and went all in on TNA. I do agree that it makes zero difference as far as enjoyment and isn't that noticeable.

There is no right or wrong in this case and it's great that Spooky gave us all choices. We're both smart just for buying the game.

#1165 6 years ago

Anyone else have the game freeze while booting and have to cycle the power now and then?

#1166 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There is no right or wrong in this case and it's great that Spooky gave us all choices. We're both smart just for buying the game.

Thanks for the advice ya'll. Shipping the butter is a bit risky too, so saving money and not worrying about getting a damaged NIB is good too.

Definitely nothing wrong with that butter cabinet for sure, it's AWESOME! I plan on keeping it for many years ( forever ) and I don't know how to handle if any damage occurs to the butter at one point, and would either need to cover over the clearcoat with a new decal. WIth the margarine I could always have it looks 10/10 with new decals... any thoughts?

#1167 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Thanks for the advice ya'll.
Definitely nothing wrong with that butter cabinet for sure, it's AWESOME! I plan on keeping it for many years ( forever ) and I don't know how to handle if any damage occurs to the butter at one point, and would either need to cover over the clearcoat with a new decal. WIth the margarine I could always have it looks 10/10 with new decals... any thoughts?

People always say, if they messed up a standard cabinet, they could always put new decals on. Really? How many people would actually do that?

Like Mr68 said, if your TNA is going in a lineup, I'm not sure you want to spend the money on a butter cabinet. Other then seeing the front, no one will know it's special. With me, I've got a spot for a game where you can see the entire game, so people can really see how nice the cabinet is.

Besides, I know the cabinet maker, the guy who designed the game and the guy who builds them, so it's more than special to me.

#1168 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Thanks for the advice ya'll. Shipping the butter is a bit risky too, so saving money and not worrying about getting a damaged NIB is good too.

This game looks so good anyway you’ll be saying I can’t believe it’s not butter.

#1169 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone else have the game freeze while booting and have to cycle the power now and then?

I haven't. The only boot related software glitch I've seen is once when I made some coil changes, then exited, the game rebooted. Have you updated the code?

#1170 6 years ago

What size are the legs and bolts on TNA ?

#1171 6 years ago

They are Pinball life bally grey legs. Standard leg bolts.

#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

They are Pinball life bally grey legs. Standard leg bolts.

Thanks

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I haven't. The only boot related software glitch I've seen is once when I made some coil changes, then exited, the game rebooted. Have you updated the code?

I just got it and it was built on the 11th, I assume I have the latest code.

#1174 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Edit: oops wrong thread

#1175 6 years ago

TNA used in Indiana state championships today. Held up Great all day.

#1176 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I just got #60, built on the 15th, and it didn't have the latest on it. 1.0.6 is the latest released.

Also, I'm not sure if an update images the entire drive or only updates files, but if it's the former, reloading the same version could potentially fix a corrupted boot disk.

#1177 6 years ago

Man I gotta stop checking this thread because I feel like I’m gonna be 6k poorer. Thanks to hank527 I know what it would look like next to my Rob Zombie

#1178 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

TNA used in Indiana state championships today. Held up Great all day.

I was 2-0 on it. Only game I can say that about from today.

#1179 6 years ago

Got to play TNA for the first time tonight at VUK in Bethesda, MD. It’s a *fast* game and very unforgiving. But I like it

2FD60AF1-160D-4FCB-9449-D5396B702138 (resized).jpeg2FD60AF1-160D-4FCB-9449-D5396B702138 (resized).jpeg

717BEAE6-E242-47EE-8C88-A4D7C821293B (resized).jpeg717BEAE6-E242-47EE-8C88-A4D7C821293B (resized).jpeg

#1180 6 years ago

Congratulations Scott D, Charlie and Spooky et al on your TWIPY awards. Well deserved. I can’t wait to get number 124!

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Check to make sure the power cable (plug) going into the logic board is fully seated. If it is partial in there it can cause some issues. It's a little barrel plug like the one on the lcd panel.

#1182 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Got to play TNA for the first time tonight at VUK in Bethesda, MD. It’s a *fast* game and very unforgiving. But I like it

Is that butter, in the wild? Well done!

#1183 6 years ago

Hey Everyone,
By popular demand, I just posted the digital FLAC files for the full TNA album on my site. The album will be released for free on all the streaming platforms on Friday January 26th. More info here:

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=1031

TNAAlbumThumbnailSmall (resized).jpgTNAAlbumThumbnailSmall (resized).jpg

#1184 6 years ago

I have a few minor annoyances that I wanted to ask if anyone else is seeing and possibly has a fix for.

1. My scoop kickout is a bit erratic at times. Most of the time, it goes to the right flipper, but others it's as far right as the slingshot or as far left as SDTM. A few times it has dribbled out and landed on the left flipper.

2. The autolaunch sometimes shoots the ball up onto the plastics, hits the glass, trapped ball behind the right orbit gate, or jumps the fence into the reactor area. I've toyed with dialing down the coil strength, but I certainly don't want autolaunch to be weak enough to drop balls in the reactor area. That would be cheating.

3. I can't hit the start button fast enough. There is a small delay at the end of a game, and I have to wait until the Spooky screen shows before starting another game.

I'm absolutely loving the game, BTW. I've talked my wife into playing a few games, but mostly it has been just me. I have friends coming over on Saturday to give it a workout.

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I have a few minor annoyances that I wanted to ask if anyone else is seeing and possibly has a fix for.
1. My scoop kickout is a bit erratic at times. Most of the time, it goes to the right flipper, but others it's as far right as the slingshot or as far left as SDTM. A few times it has dribbled out and landed on the left flipper.
2. The autolaunch sometimes shoots the ball up onto the plastics, hits the glass, trapped ball behind the right orbit gate, or jumps the fence into the reactor area. I've toyed with dialing down the coil strength, but I certainly don't want autolaunch to be weak enough to drop balls in the reactor area. That would be cheating.
3. I can't hit the start button fast enough. There is a small delay at the end of a game, and I have to wait until the Spooky screen shows before starting another game.
I'm absolutely loving the game, BTW. I've talked my wife into playing a few games, but mostly it has been just me. I have friends coming over on Saturday to give it a workout.

1) check and see what you scoop power is set at. possibly turn it down a bit. as soon as the opto "sees" the ball it fires the coil. if it is firing really hard it might just be bouncing it around inside the scoop before it exits.

2) check the alignment on the mechanism to make sure it is hitting the ball squarely and not off to one side. if you have access to a slow motion camera (some phones have it, some do not) you can set up a tripod on the playfield and have it fire a couple times to see the results.

3) there is a "restart" delay at the end of the game currently that has been reduced in the next release.

thanks for reaching out.

#1186 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

3) there is a "restart" delay at the end of the game currently that has been reduced in the next release.

awesome!

#1187 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

1) check and see what you scoop power is set at. possibly turn it down a bit. as soon as the opto "sees" the ball it fires the coil. if it is firing really hard it might just be bouncing it around inside the scoop before it exits.
2) check the alignment on the mechanism to make sure it is hitting the ball squarely and not off to one side. if you have access to a slow motion camera (some phones have it, some do not) you can set up a tripod on the playfield and have it fire a couple times to see the results.
thanks for reaching out.

Thanks for the suggestions.

On 1), I did play with the scoop power, but it seems like "processing speed" or whatever it is called helps a bit more. I set it to normal, and I don't really feel like it loses any of the excitement of the fast kickout. I can't bring myself to try the "lame" setting, though.

#1188 6 years ago

Added TNA to my location permanently last night and then proceeded to have an awesome game. Destroyed 4 reactors, 3 of them were multiplied, and one maxed out in value. Had the 5th one qualified but couldn't hang on.
image_uploaded_from_ios_1024 (resized).jpgimage_uploaded_from_ios_1024 (resized).jpg

#1189 6 years ago

This is my first NIB.. I feel like if your going to buy the Cadillac brand new with zero miles you mine as well get all the options! Butter all the way!

#1190 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Added TNA to my location permanently last night and then proceeded to have an awesome game. Destroyed 4 reactors, 3 of them were multiplied, and one maxed out in value. Had the 5th one qualified but couldn't hang on.

Very nice Tommy! Just curious - are you not running the latest code or is the version that awards one point per reactor destroyed just not available yet?

#1191 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Very nice Tommy! Just curious - are you not running the latest code or is the version that awards one point per reactor destroyed just not available yet?

Not available yet publicly to my knowledge. If it was I’d have had higher score because I hit super jackpot which is now I believe add a ball and 4x playfield.

#1192 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Also when on location don't drop quarters until past that screen. I donated fifty cents to learn that.

#1193 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Also when on location don't drop quarters until past that screen. I donated fifty cents to learn that.

This has been fixed too.

#1194 6 years ago

I'm looking for some info from other operators that have the game out in the wild. I'm curious what people are doing for pricing and for the physical setup of the game.

I checked my audits after 24 hours and around 60 plays and noticed the game times were incredibly short. I increased the ball save time a bit to start with. I hung out at my location last night for about 3 hours, in those 3 hours a ball got shot under the right sling rubber 3 times. I reduced the power on the slings from 8 down to 6. I think I'm going to head back tonight and close the outlanes a bit as well. I want people to enjoy playing the game and I could tell some people last night were getting frustrated with its speed. Thinking about reducing flipper power as well, anyone done this yet?

I originally planned to price the game at $.75 with buy 3 get one free to encourage 4-player games, everything else at my location is $.50, but after seeing how short the games were I felt I need to leave it at $.50 as well. What are some of you doing for pricing?

I added mylar to the shooter lane and it has the plastic protectors, otherwise anything people are doing for protection anywhere on the game?

#1195 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm looking for some info from other operators that have the game out in the wild. I'm curious what people are doing for pricing and for the physical setup of the game.
I checked my audits after 24 hours and around 60 plays and noticed the game times were incredibly short. I increased the ball save time a bit to start with. I hung out at my location last night for about 3 hours, in those 3 hours a ball got shot under the right sling rubber 3 times. I reduced the power on the slings from 8 down to 6. I think I'm going to head back tonight and close the outlanes a bit as well. I want people to enjoy playing the game and I could tell some people last night were getting frustrated with its speed. Thinking about reducing flipper power as well, anyone done this yet?
I originally planned to price the game at $.75 with buy 3 get one free to encourage 4-player games, everything else at my location is $.50, but after seeing how short the games were I felt I need to leave it at $.50 as well. What are some of you doing for pricing?
I added mylar to the shooter lane and it has the plastic protectors, otherwise anything people are doing for protection anywhere on the game?

also check to see if the sling rubber is too low. if so, when the sling fires it could be pulling it down even further, therefore leaving a gap for the ball to get in behind it.

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Game #2 has been out for a few months.

This is a $6300 game so it is priced the same as other new stuff... $1 per play. Now that it has been a few months I will adjust that to 3 plays for $2 (or like you said to encourage 4 player games I will probably do 4 plays for $3) Honestly I see no reason to do so cheap (only .50) on a brand new game but if that is what you do for everything else then you may have to???

Close down outlanes, turn up ball saver, and wait it out is my advice.

Game times have steadily gone up as players have learned how to play and are near 3 min now.

I have no protection besides the plastic protectors and so far I see no reason for anything else.

Slingshot rubbers >> go down 1/4 inch (I think they are 2.5? so go down to 2.25) and that seems to have solved the ball under sling issue from speedy balls (seems to happen during multiball). I have not had any issues since down sizing rubber.

#1197 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Slingshot rubbers >> go down 1/4 inch (I think they are 2.5? so go down to 2.25) and that seems to have solved the ball under sling issue from speedy balls (seems to happen during multiball). I have not had any issues since down sizing rubber.

That's a good tip.

#1198 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Game #2 has been out for a few months.
This is a $6300 game so it is priced the same as other new stuff... $1 per play. Now that it has been a few months I will adjust that to 3 plays for $2 (or like you said to encourage 4 player games I will probably do 4 plays for $3) Honestly I see no reason to do so cheap (only .50) on a brand new game but if that is what you do for everything else then you may have to???
Close down outlanes, turn up ball saver, and wait it out is my advice.
Game times have steadily gone up as players have learned how to play and are near 3 min now.
I have no protection besides the plastic protectors and so far I see no reason for anything else.

Who makes a 2 1/4" ring?

#1199 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Who makes a 2 1/4" ring?

Must have been a 2? I just grabbed the next smallest from the bucket of rings.

I am not sure off the top of my head what size is on there, but go down one size.

#1200 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Must have been a 2? I just grabbed the next smallest from the bucket of rings.
I am not sure off the top of my head what size is on there, but go down one size.

Yup. 2 or 2 1/2.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 210.00
Wanted
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/24?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.