(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 239.
#1101 6 years ago

I assume the last digit of the match value will always match your score. On most games that would be zero, but not on TNA

#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from gtxjoe:

I assume the last digit of the match value will always match your score. On most games that would be zero, but not on TNA

The video I linked has a lot of multiplayer games. Interesting if what you're saying is true for a 1-player game. Haven't seen a 1-player game yet.

#1103 6 years ago

Good point about multiplayer games... hmm

#1104 6 years ago

I would assume it ignores the last digit for the match . meaning 30 on the match display would give a credit for games ending in 31, 32 ,33 ,etc. seems like this would be the easiest way to do it .

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from gtxjoe:

Good point about multiplayer games... hmm

The solution, of course, is to just use the second-to-last digit for all players. But it'll need a pretty slick animation to keep players from being confused, I think.

#1106 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I would assume it ignores the last digit for the match . meaning 30 on the match display would give a credit for games ending in 31, 32 ,33 ,etc. seems like this would be the easiest way to do it .

This is correct. Match ignores the last digit.

#1107 6 years ago

Nice Sac Sack to go with your Sac Rack!

#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Nice Sac Sack to go with your Sac Rack!

Is it made out of kangaroo scrotum?

#1109 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is it made out of kangaroo scrotum?

Nice to know it wasn't your own.

#1110 6 years ago

You got a Roo sack!!!

#1111 6 years ago

Total Nuclear Annihilation - 2,124,534 (1.07 Beta 4 Code):

Join me for a game on brand new beta code 1.07 B4 for Total Nuclear Annihilation, where we destroy reactor 4. The full stream, which includes a dirty pool, a few new super jackpot add-a-balls, and few other fun highlights, can be found on my Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/219636741

#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Total Nuclear Annihilation - 2,124,534 (1.07 Beta 4 Code): » YouTube video
Join me for a game on brand new beta code 1.07 B4 for Total Nuclear Annihilation, where we destroy reactor 4. The full stream, which includes a dirty pool, a few new super jackpot add-a-balls, and few other fun highlights, can be found on my Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/219636741

That was a ton of fun watching last night, thanks again for doing that. I know the setup was not easy, but damn, it looked cool. I was able to identify a few small issues that still needed to be fixed in this version of the code before releasing it as well!

The dirty pool thing was really cool to see. I am going to add a special callout for when this happens. You can get it by slamming a ball back into the lock right as multiball starts, it will get trapped by the drops resetting and then it will attempt to release it. Hit it again and it will go into the scoop for a dirty pool super jackpot and add-a-ball! This happened last night when a ball hung up on one of the downed drop targets and you were able to get it back in the scoop. Very cool.

It was nice to see all the hard work I did on the ball lock logic actually working to keep the game moving.

Friday, we will be streaming this version of the code again, with the issues fixed on the Dead Flip twitch channel after the TWIPY Awards. See you guys there!

Edit: yes, the Dead Flip stream will be after the TWIPY awards.

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Friday, we will be streaming this version of the code

Not during the Twippys!

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Not during the Twippys!

following

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Not during the Twippys!

People actually give a shit about that?

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I dont think so (I honestly hope not), but I am guessing anyone in the running will want to watch for the hope of winning (everyone likes to win)

#1117 6 years ago

I'd bet that plenty on Pinside do.

#1118 6 years ago

I like the SDTM guys and think it will be a fun watch. Hoping for a double feature tomorrow Twippy/SDTM and TNA/Deadflip.

#1119 6 years ago

TWIP is a great site and the SDTM guys are very likeable, so even if I don't give a sh** about the awards itself I'll propably tune in.

#1120 6 years ago

Like all "awards" shows, it's all about stirring up some drama. Fun for some people to root for your favorites, etc.

I could care less and won't be watching, but I hear people like to watch football too.

#1121 6 years ago

People lose sleep over pinside rankings. Same shit, different format.

#1122 6 years ago

I've got a question. On my TNA, the far left outlane LED for the ball save is pink while every other LED is white. It throws me off every time I go to activate it because I'm flipping through looking for white. This is for the first level ball save too, I believe the second level they all become pink but cannot confirm that right now. My top left LED above the reactor is also pink while the others are white. Is this intentional or a bug in the code? Maybe a hardware issue?

#1123 6 years ago

In the service menu there is an Led Test All function that cycles all lamps from red-green-blue-white to see if any are bad.

Here is the service menu from Scotts site.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aSgg0qcKKcDFkbjDG7nAinKusHFwuXMu/view

Quoted from GhostThruster:

I've got a question. On my TNA, the far left outlane LED for the ball save is pink while every other LED is white. It throws me off every time I go to activate it because I'm flipping through looking for white. This is for the first level ball save too, I believe the second level they all become pink but cannot confirm that right now. My top left LED above the reactor is also pink while the others are white. Is this intentional or a bug in the code? Maybe a hardware issue?

#1124 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

In the service menu there is an Led Test All function that cycles all lamps from red-green-blue-white to see if any are bad.

Oh great, I'll try this later. Thank you!

#1125 6 years ago

You will find that the ones with pink also have no green. Remove those bulbs from the game and reflow the solder on all four pins on each bulb. That should bring them back to life. If it doesn't spooky will gladly replace them. It's a known issue with the early release games.

#1126 6 years ago

What is a twippy?

#1127 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

You will find that the ones with pink also have no green. Remove those bulbs from the game and reflow the solder on all four pins on each bulb. That should bring them back to life. If it doesn't spooky will gladly replace them. It's a known issue with the early release games.

Ok, I thought it might be something like this. I'll give it a go and see if it helps. Thank you.

#1128 6 years ago

there should be a few extras in a bag near the coin door. If not, let me know and we will get a couple out to you.

thanks.

#1129 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Still not completely off the idea to use that canvas down there otherwise...

How sweet would it be if mandraws would create and sell a cling style decal (obviously for a fair fee) in this vein as an available mod? (hint hint!)

This mock up perfectly hearkens back to Bally's golden era. Very Xenon-esque with the modern TnA feel!

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

How sweet would it be if mandraws would create and sell a cling style decal (obviously for a fair fee) in this vein as an available mod? (hint hint!)
This mock up perfectly hearkens back to Bally's golden era. Very Xenon-esque with the modern TnA feel!

Why not just jay down there. The green thing has a 80s look to it.

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

What is a twippy?

Don't want to get this thread off topic - go to the thread below for more on the TWIPY Pinball Awards You can PM me with questions too or ask on that thread!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-2017-twipy-pinball-awards-live-awards-show-vote-now

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

there should be a few extras in a bag near the coin door. If not, let me know and we will get a couple out to you.

thanks.

Or taped to the leg box... apparently the Minions do that if they miss putting them in the game.

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Why not just jay down there.

And then we need to integrate the bobble-head into the game somehow too.

#1134 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

And then we need to integrate the bobble-head into the game somehow too.

next to the beacon light on top of the backbox ?

#1135 6 years ago

What if we get Jay's head to rotate with red eyes and he becomes the beacon light?

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You got a Roo sack!!!

Yes , if playing for golden sacs you need a sack to put them in , otherwise you sit down and your sacs fall down into your friend's couch . True story , that couch is worth about six dollars more since I sat there .

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

What if we get Jay's head to rotate with red eyes and he becomes the beacon light?

That would be great !

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You'll see it wehen you boot up the game. If it's not all white one is broken.

#1139 6 years ago

Just got my Art Blades & Protector set as well as the target decals yesterday!

I guess I know what I'll be doing later today.

#1140 6 years ago

Have any of you looked into making the beacon brighter? Granted, I haven't played in a darkened room yet, but I don't even notice it's running unless I purposefully look up at it.

#1141 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Have any of you looked into making the beacon brighter? Granted, I haven't played in a darkened room yet, but I don't even notice it's running unless I purposefully look up at it.

I looked at side firing 12v LEDs for this, but anything worthwhile was very expensive. Currently there is a standard 89 bulb in it. If anyone finds any good 12v side firing LEDs that work, definitely let me know. The 89 is pretty bright from the factory though.
--Scott

#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I went with this one. I don't remember if I got white or red though. Whatever I got, it's bright!

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/13smdg18tower.htm

#1143 6 years ago

Is the idea that once we get a TNA, we can continue to built/modify it along with new features added on new versions of it? It would be good to always have upgrade kits so we can maybe get a chance down the road to have 'unique' TNAs just by how they are setup or configured with different upgrades? The list of upgrades is endless i think... but would be good to have official upgrade kits instead of 3rd party, anyways, just a thought.

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Is the idea that once we get a TNA, we can continue to built/modify it along with new features added on new versions of it? It would be good to always have upgrade kits so we can maybe get a chance down the road to have 'unique' TNAs just by how they are setup or configured with different upgrades? The list of upgrades is endless i think... but would be good to have official upgrade kits instead of 3rd party, anyways, just a thought.

I'm going to convert mine into a homebrew Dolly Parton pin!
...the circle is complete!

#1145 6 years ago

Mine went on location yesterday to get some test plays before it is used in the SCS tomorrow here in Indiana, my location is mostly locals at the bar/bowling alley and not really pinheads and they were loving the game, it was really cool to see. The game is going to Indy tomorrow for the tournament, back to Lafayette to be used at local arcade party 6th anniversary at night, then back to my location on Sunday.

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Mine went on location yesterday to get some test plays before it is used in the SCS tomorrow here in Indiana, my location is mostly locals at the bar/bowling alley and not really pinheads and they were loving the game, it was really cool to see. The game is going to Indy tomorrow for the tournament, back to Lafayette to be used at local arcade party 6th anniversary at night, then back to my location on Sunday.

Gosh, I wish we had an operator like you near me. Let us know how it holds up with all this packing and moving around and how many plays it gets along the journey.

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, I wish we had an operator like you near me. Let us know how it holds up with all this packing and moving around and how many plays it gets along the journey.

what are you waiting for???

You are an active problem solver... Make it happen and put a few games out in your area! You will love it!

#1148 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm going to convert mine into a homebrew Dolly Parton pin!
...the circle is complete!

I guess I need to be 'in' on this one, I don't get it

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I guess I need to be 'in' on this one, I don't get it

I believe the original TNA was made using some parts/cab of a Dolly Parton machine...

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I believe the original TNA was made using some parts/cab of a Dolly Parton machine...

that is pretty cool! big dolly boobies tna #meetoo

For the upgrades, having everything tested and working well with the existing closed-sourced software would be an advantage over having 3rd party upgrades, even if it means fewer official upgrades available. So much can go wrong and there may be software ideas planned for the future that could make some upgrades make more sense than others. I like the side rail lights but what if there is was an official side rail light kit that integrated correctly with the software...? That would be cooler than the one I'll be getting, since it cannot take advantage of closed-software and future features not yet made public. That's why I was thinking official upgrade kits are better perhaps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/23?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.