(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 239.
#11301 8 months ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Is there a way to change the audio balance, not just the over all audio? For instance, I want to hear more of the soundtrack and lower the effects and the narrator?

There is not unfortunately. It is not something I coded into the game. Sorry
--Scott

#11302 8 months ago

Hey folks!
Anyone have the dimensions (height) of a folded TNA? for a vehicle in looking to use for a pickup?

#11303 8 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey folks!
Anyone have the dimensions (height) of a folded TNA? for a vehicle in looking to use for a pickup?

This post has what you need: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tna-cab-dims-please

#11304 8 months ago

Your fuckin’ rights it is. Thank you very much. Funny it’s not in this thread. I’ll copy ‘n paste it.

TMV
tommyv-tmv

Pinside member
US Atlanta, GA
3y 20,050 14 3
I'm sure you don't need these any more 7 months later, but I'll post them anyway for the benefit of anyone who searches for detailed dimensions later.
Kudos to AtTheArcade for taking these measurements when I bought my Total Nuclear Annihilation.
Ground to top of siren: 74.25"
Width of front legs at ground: 25.5"
Top of backbox depth: 10"
Bottom of backbox depth: 7.5"
Cabinet depth: 52"
Depth of front legs to back legs at ground: 55"
Lockdown bar width 22.5"
Backbox face width: 28.75"
Backbox face height: 28.75"
Backbox face height with siren: 32.75"
Siren height: 4"
Height of cabinet and backbox when folded down: 27"
So to sum up...
For transporting you need 27" high x 28.75" wide x 52" deep
When setup you need 74.25" high (including 4" siren) x 25.5" wide x 55" deep (for the footprint of the legs

#11305 8 months ago

Repost...

TNA cabinet dimensions (resized).pngTNA cabinet dimensions (resized).png
#11306 8 months ago

What coil stops are used with TNA? The Stern ones aren’t right. I need to replace them - I play my TNA about 5 to 1 over my other pins.
Thanks in advance.

#11307 8 months ago

Delete

#11308 8 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

What coil stops are used with TNA? The Stern ones aren’t right. I need to replace them - I play my TNA about 5 to 1 over my other pins.
Thanks in advance.

I think they’re B/W coil stops for flippers

#11309 8 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Thanks in advance.

I found them in one of Scott’s earlier posts. William’s early A-12111. Available at Marco, Pinballlife etc.

#11310 8 months ago

So having owned this game for a little bit now, I have to say that I love the game. BUT, it is good despite Spooky, not because of it. What a load of shit workmanship this game is. I haven't had a game that needed this much constant attention for a new game since.... ever. Nothing that cannot be resolved, but it is almost like I made this in my basement. The game itself is a marvel. Love it. So addicting. But Jesus that quality control that goes into their games. What gives.

Just had to get this off my chest.

#11311 8 months ago

All the lights on PD-LED 0 and the Core Display have gone dark on my game. The PD-LED board is powered and I tried just pushing the connectors down to re-seat them but no luck. I also did a computer reset with the magic white button. Any ideas? Thanks

#11312 8 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So having owned this game for a little bit now, I have to say that I love the game. BUT, it is good despite Spooky, not because of it. What a load of shit workmanship this game is. I haven't had a game that needed this much constant attention for a new game since.... ever. Nothing that cannot be resolved, but it is almost like I made this in my basement. The game itself is a marvel. Love it. So addicting. But Jesus that quality control that goes into their games. What gives.
Just had to get this off my chest.

Even though I’ve had 0 issues with my TNA, I’m around 500 plays on my CE, I have a Scooby on order, and I’m glad I’m 1102, gives them awhile to work out the tons of bugs I’m reading about, or at least if I have any issues somebody else would of probably had the same one by now.

#11313 8 months ago

There is no chance I ever buy another Spooky game after all the absolute garbage I dealt with. Wouldn't deal with this for any game other than TNA.

But dang I wish anyone other than Spooky had built it...

#11314 8 months ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

There is no chance I ever buy another Spooky game after all the absolute garbage I dealt with. Wouldn't deal with this for any game other than TNA.
But dang I wish anyone other than Spooky had built it...

Sorry for you.
My R&M is glorious and worth it all day every day.

#11315 8 months ago

Sorry for you.
My R&M is glorious and worth it all day every day.

I assume they've stopped using hot glue in their games with Rick and Morty? Hot glue. I cannot believe I'm even typing this. So crazy, to me, that this is part of their manufacturing process for holding cables into place for TNA.

#11316 8 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I assume they've stopped using hot glue in their games with Rick and Morty? Hot glue. I cannot believe I'm even typing this. So crazy, to me, that this is part of their manufacturing process for holding cables into place for TNA.

Yeah.. I’m not that knowledgeable regarding pinball construction, maintenance as I’ve been in this sector of game ownership since 2018…

Is it possible to remove all the hot glue and replace with the appropriate connector? For starters.. taking the hot glue off seems like a nightmare.

Luckily, I’ve had limited issues with TNA. I do know what to expect in the future based in this thread.

Until then.. I’m enjoying playing my rounds.. still have yet to beat all reactors!

#11317 8 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Yeah.. I’m not that knowledgeable regarding pinball construction, maintenance as I’ve been in this sector of game ownership since 2018…
Is it possible to remove all the hot glue and replace with the appropriate connector? For starters.. taking the hot glue off seems like a nightmare.
Luckily, I’ve had limited issues with TNA. I do know what to expect in the future based in this thread.
Until then.. I’m enjoying playing my rounds.. still have yet to beat all reactors!

From my experience that would be a nightmare. They already fall out with glue so I can't imagine without.

The game itself, however, is so so fun. Really a very satisfying experience. Incredible, really.

#11318 8 months ago

I just got a Scorbit card, and installed it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. There is one red light on it but I don't know what it means.

Max

Also, the USB cable gets plugged into the TNA computer, correct?

20230813_172612 (resized).jpg20230813_172612 (resized).jpg

#11319 8 months ago
Quoted from maxpower:

I just got a Scorbit card, and installed it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. There is one red light on it but I don't know what it means.
Max
Also, the USB cable gets plugged into the TNA computer, correct?
[quoted image]

Did you go through the WiFi pairing and the setup in the app? That will get it connected to the network and specifies which USB port goes where. It’s been a long while since I did the setup so I don’t remember specifically which port it uses.

#11320 8 months ago

Does anyone know what number they're on for production?

#11321 8 months ago

Anyone know how to improve the number of scoop rejects? Mine probably rejects 2/3 of shots, which is frustrating on an already tough game!

#11322 8 months ago
Quoted from j69:

Anyone know how to improve the number of scoop rejects? Mine probably rejects 2/3 of shots, which is frustrating on an already tough game!

I've been meaning to try this -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/95#post-4820376

#11323 8 months ago
Quoted from j69:

Try lowering the flipper power- just a few steps. It makes a huge difference.

#11324 8 months ago

Nice stream of Bug playing TNA this week. My favorite part was him trapping a ball on each flipper and needing to hit an orbit and then proceeds to clank and drain both balls one after the other with a smile on his face the whole time. He did end up getting reactor 8 by the end of the stream, so he had the last laugh.

TNA is such a great game.

#11325 7 months ago

I pushed down in the top of my scoop to bend it a little bit. Also put a couple washers on each screw under the playfield to make it sit lower. It helped a lot and it feels more like a normal scoop. Significantly less rejects.

#11326 7 months ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I pushed down in the top of my scoop to bend it a little bit. Also put a couple washers on each screw under the playfield to make it sit lower. It helped a lot and it feels more like a normal scoop. Significantly less rejects.

Interesting approach, lowering the scoop mech. Curious, have you seen any accelerated wear on the pf just before the scoop?

#11327 7 months ago

I'm a first time, new owner of a Spooky. I got the TNA CE from a guy down in Springfield, MO, who claimed to only have a few issues with the machine ever. He had only about 80 plays on it, so I give him the benefit of the doubt. Before leaving his house, we had to fix a stuck right flipper (physically shave the button), the playfield would NOT lay flat, so we actually had to pull of playfield brackets, bend and shape them, and hack it together with extra washers. Whomever did QA on this machine should be reprimanded.

Here are the current issues I have that I need help on.
1.) I got it home and the problems continue. The backboard lock was 'sticky' and wouldn't really open and close well. The second time I went to get out my backglass, the lock won't turn and I cannot even get my key out. Will Spooky send a replacement lock? -or- Anyone know what part number so I can get it from PinballLife?

2.) The right gate on the top orbit does seem to 'trigger' when told to do so by code, but physically it won't move to the closed position. I could use help troubleshooting this as well. It's not clear to me what is hanging up.

3.) Now the left flipper is getting stuck in mid position, not falling back to the resting position. I see no binding of any type on the playfield - seems mechanical. Any ideas?

Like others, overall I'm in love with this game and the gameplay, but the quality is so inferior to my 40 year old Williams and modern Sterns. Night and day.

#11328 7 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Interesting approach, lowering the scoop mech. Curious, have you seen any accelerated wear on the pf just before the scoop?

I haven’t seen any extra wear but Scott has commented thats a possibility when this was suggested as a way to dial in the scoop years ago.

I did try the cliffy on the scoop but did not like it.

#11329 7 months ago
Quoted from Deejmer:

I'm a first time, new owner of a Spooky. I got the TNA CE from a guy down in Springfield, MO, who claimed to only have a few issues with the machine ever. He had only about 80 plays on it, so I give him the benefit of the doubt. Before leaving his house, we had to fix a stuck right flipper (physically shave the button), the playfield would NOT lay flat, so we actually had to pull of playfield brackets, bend and shape them, and hack it together with extra washers. Whomever did QA on this machine should be reprimanded.
1.) I got it home and the problems continue. The backboard lock was 'sticky' and wouldn't really open and close well. The second time I went to get out my backglass, the lock won't turn and I cannot even get my key out. Will Spooky send a replacement lock? -or- Anyone know what part number so I can get it from PinballLife?
2.) The right gate on the top orbit does seem to 'trigger' when told to do so by code, but physically it won't move to the closed position. I could use help troubleshooting this as well. It's not clear to me what is hanging up.
3.) Now the left flipper is getting stuck in mid position, not falling back to the resting position. I see no binding of any type on the playfield - seems mechanical. Any ideas?
Like others, overall I'm in love with this game and the gameplay, but the quality is so inferior to my 40 year old Williams and modern Sterns. Night and day.

My left flipper was also sticking in the up position on my CE. There was a slight depression on the coil stop so I replaced it.. Problem solved. Use part number A-12111 (Old style Williams)

#11330 7 months ago
Quoted from Deejmer:

Nearly 6 months after taking delivery of my TNA CE, my right flipper button started to lock the flipper in the up position. Ended up the metal side rail was binding the flipper button housing against the wood cavity. My 1st approach of loosening all the right rail screws and applying pressure to push the rail further down, only worked for a few weeks. Once the problem returned, I actually removed the rail and hand-filed the top portion enough to eliminate the binding while still being covered by the flipper button escutcheon. Problem solved in my case.

#11331 7 months ago

Is it still possible to buy the shooter housing? The Lanez link I found in this thread is 404'd

#11332 7 months ago

Hey, done a bit of digging, and haven't come up with answer, so I figured i'd look where everyone knows the answer!!

* Where can I get my hands on a set of speaker lights? I have an original TNA.

* Also, If I buy the shaker and knocker, will I need to grab that "knocker and shaker expansion board assembly" from PBL? (i'm assuming yes)

#11333 7 months ago

Hey, done a bit of digging, and haven't come up with answer, so I figured i'd look where everyone knows the answer!!
* Where can I get my hands on a set of speaker lights? I have an original TNA.
* Also, If I buy the shaker and knocker, will I need to grab that "knocker and shaker expansion board assembly" from PBL? (i'm assuming yes)

I believe Spooky made and sold the speaker light kit. I would reach out to them to see if they still do that.

Take a look in your backbox. If you see a little pcb board on the back wall that says knocker and shaker, then you’re good to go. If not, grab one from pinballlife.

#11334 7 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I believe Spooky made and sold the speaker light kit. I would reach out to them to see if they still do that.
Take a look in your backbox. If you see a little pcb board on the back wall that says knocker and shaker, then you’re good to go. If not, grab one from pinballlife.

Dang, nice call. There’s the little board in there.
Thank you, I’ll fire a note to spooky and check out the lights

#11335 7 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

you can also try and put a washer under the e-clip like in the photo below. This will tighten up the assembly and keep it from moving as much.[quoted image]

Per Scott’s suggestion I tried to add a washer and the ones I have are just a bit too thick. I needed something like half the thickness of a washer, so I added an e-clip next to the existing e-clip instead of a washer. PERFECTO! Auto launch now fires a consistently smooth loop, 100% of the time. There was just enough slop in that mech to cause the fork to hit the ball slightly off sometimes and spot-on other times. Thank you Scott!!! You are a gem to this community!

#11336 7 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Per Scott’s suggestion I tried to add a washer and the ones I have are just a bit too thick. I needed something like half the thickness of a washer, so I added an e-clip next to the existing e-clip instead of a washer. PERFECTO! Auto launch now fires a consistently smooth loop, 100% of the time. There was just enough slop in that mech to cause the fork to hit the ball slightly off sometimes and spot-on other times. Thank you Scott!!! You are a gem to this community!

That is awesome!!! Glad this got you up and running.
--Scott

#11337 7 months ago

That is awesome!!! Glad this got you up and running.
--Scott

Would you mind posting more info or some pics on this? Mine works most of the time but sometimes has issues. Would love to make it more consistent if possible.

Thanks

#11338 7 months ago

Maybe you just missed it but there was pics and discussion around 11297.

#11339 7 months ago
Quoted from supermoot:

Maybe you just missed it but there was pics and discussion around 11297.

Yep guess I did. Thanks

#11340 7 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Got in touch with Spooky, Morgan got me all set up. bought a speaker light set, knocker (because I love them), shaker because why the fuck wasn’t there one in there already.

Good to go!

#11341 7 months ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Is it still possible to buy the shooter housing? The Lanez link I found in this thread is 404'd

The Sparkle Black Powder Coat shooter housing was not listed on their website when I sent them an email before I received my TNA CE. They replied, and replied again when they were available to purchase. They apparently make them to order, so I’d send them a message and ask if you can still buy one.

#11342 7 months ago

Got in touch with Spooky, Morgan got me all set up. bought a speaker light set, knocker (because I love them), shaker because why the fuck wasn’t there one in there already.
Good to go!

Real knockers are the best knockers.

#11343 7 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

Especially with the latest Beta Code on tnapinball.com....... Don't worry it is very stable and almost ready for release, I am just going to add a few visual updates to it before I stamp this version with a production code number.

I probably mentioned this new feature a while back, but I made a new feature in this code called "Last Ball Overtake". This feature will fire the knocker 2 times when any player overtakes the leader on the last ball. This is super cool and can happen more than once per game.

Enjoy!
--Scott

#11344 7 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

The Sparkle Black Powder Coat shooter housing was not listed on their website when I sent them an email before I received my TNA CE. They replied, and replied again when they were available to purchase. They apparently make them to order, so I’d send them a message and ask if you can still buy one.

I can’t decide if I want the housing to match or if I like the old school look of the chrome housing. Knowing the price might help my decision…what do they have it priced at?

#11345 7 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

This would make a great t-shirt…add a silhouette of a knocker mech below the quote.

#11346 7 months ago

Especially with the latest Beta Code on tnapinball.com....... Don't worry it is very stable and almost ready for release, I am just going to add a few visual updates to it before I stamp this version with a production code number.
I probably mentioned this new feature a while back, but I made a new feature in this code called "Last Ball Overtake". This feature will fire the knocker 2 times when any player overtakes the leader on the last ball. This is super cool and can happen more than once per game.
Enjoy!
--Scott

Is there still a possibility that you might add a speed run challenge mode in the future where you get unlimited balls to see how fast you can destroy 9 reactors? Thinking it would maybe have a separate high score table showing time and number of balls. I know you can accomplish something similar by just increasing ball count and doing co op, but having a separate selectable challenge mode might be fun to compare times and ball count.

Only asking as joelbob originally pitched the idea years ago and mentioned again last night during his stream and think it would be icing on the cake.

Thanks for all you do for the pinball community.

#11347 7 months ago

I am just going to add a few visual updates to it before I stamp this version with a production code number.

Like incorporating the light show for the scoop LED some of us weirdos have added?

#11348 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Is there still a possibility that you might add a speed run challenge mode in the future where you get unlimited balls to see how fast you can destroy 9 reactors? Thinking it would maybe have a separate high score table showing time and number of balls. I know you can accomplish something similar by just increasing ball count and doing co op, but having a separate selectable challenge mode might be fun to compare times and ball count.
Only asking as joelbob originally pitched the idea years ago and mentioned again last night during his stream and think it would be icing on the cake.
Thanks for all you do for the pinball community.

Sorry, but I just do not have the time to dedicate to a feature like this. Its a cool idea, but you can just put your game on 10 ball, play a 4 player co-op game and set a timer. You should be able to make it to the end in 40 balls. haha

Quoted from mackey256:

Like incorporating the light show for the scoop LED some of us weirdos have added?

So there is a problem if I change the behavior of this LED... That output is a status output for modders to be able to tell the state of the reactor. I am not sure who is using this or not and changing it would mess up anything that utilizes it. It was not meant to be used as a light, but does work. I just don't think I want to go that route and change it at this point.

--Scott

#11349 7 months ago

Enjoy!
--Scott

Nice! I knew I bought it for a reason!

Can go well with my R&M and knocker dimension, hahahah

#11350 7 months ago

You should be able to make it to the end in 40 balls. haha

Going to have to try this because sadly, I question if I could make it lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/227?hl=deejmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.