(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 239.
#11001 11 months ago
Quoted from somenerd:

Hey all, just curious if anyone out there has come across a rubber ring diagram? I know the operations manual lists a count of each band and their sizes, but nothing I've come across indicating where each is specifically located.
After 250 plays I've got a couple bands on the way out; one looking ready to snap at any given moment. Looking to replace just those couple bands and it'd be cool to know which lengths are needed without having to disassemble and break out the ruler...
(pics for reference)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, my rubber above the pop looks the same. I tweaked my rail a bit inward to keep it from digging into the rubber ring. If you find the sizes I'd appreciate it!

#11002 11 months ago
Quoted from somenerd:

Hey all, just curious if anyone out there has come across a rubber ring diagram? I know the operations manual lists a count of each band and their sizes, but nothing I've come across indicating where each is specifically located.
After 250 plays I've got a couple bands on the way out; one looking ready to snap at any given moment. Looking to replace just those couple bands and it'd be cool to know which lengths are needed without having to disassemble and break out the ruler...
(pics for reference)

I haven’t looked yet, but usually the size of the band is molded into the band itself.

#11003 11 months ago
Quoted from somenerd:

(pics for reference)

That is a great idea. I will try and make a page in my manual to address this.!

I haven't had to change mine yet - so I am not much help

Scott probably knows

(one of your rubbers is wearing just like mine - I wonder if that metal guide is flexing and causing that big gouge/tear - or done at factory)..weird..

There is a discrepancy between Sp00ky's manual and what Scott shows for the bumper post rings. I am not sure if a part change happened or it's just a misprint. But the first entry says 3/8" on Sp00ky's and 3/16" on Scotts. I "think" Sp00ky's 3/8" is correct for my TNA CE.

Since Sp00ky doesn't offer a kit - I went down the rabbit hole and found a few options if interested. With the PBL kit = you still need to add a few colored rubbers..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11004 11 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

I haven’t looked yet, but usually the size of the band is molded into the band itself.

I noticed that as well when I was going through the "125" kit. But there were a few that didn't have an imprint/size

..just a "PL" imprinted on it.

#11005 11 months ago
Quoted from somenerd:

(pics for reference)

If you turn them around once in a while they will hold up much longer...

#11006 11 months ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

If you turn them around once in a while they will hold up much longer...

Yeah I did this with one of my flipper rubbers that started to tear in the middle and it's been ok, but unfortunately I didn't notice the clear one was so bad until shortly before I took that photo.

#11007 11 months ago
Quoted from somenerd:

(pics for reference)

I gave it my best shot.

(and in my other post - I was wrong.. Scotts info is correct = 3/16"id are used on the core lane guide/bumper posts. Sp00ky's is wrong - unless there was a parts change at some point. 3/8"id are too loose)

..since you are looking into replacements - if you or anyone see any errors or better information = please let me know

(as always = USE WITH CAUTION)

TNA_CE-RUBBERS-LOCATION (resized).jpgTNA_CE-RUBBERS-LOCATION (resized).jpg
#11008 11 months ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

I haven't personally tried/installed = but heres one they show for the Aeeon / "UP-Board" models.
https://up-shop.org/active-cooler-fan-for-the-up-board-and-up-core-board.html[quoted image]

So i finally received the cooler today and installed it and omg what a difference!! All components are cool to the touch now and no slowdowns. Great suggestion! Definitely worth the cost. Thanks again

Oh and the fan is completely silent so no added noise.

#11009 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

So i finally received the cooler today and installed it and omg what a difference!! All components are cool to the touch now and no slowdowns. Great suggestion! Definitely worth the cost. Thanks again

Sweet!..

Guess I know what my next purchase is going to be..

Where did you end up ordering one from?

#11010 11 months ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Sweet!..
Guess I know what my next purchase is going to be..
Where did you end up ordering one from?

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/AAEON-UP/EP-FNUPACTCLRDC?qs=AQlKX63v8Ru37xWxaHpQAQ%3D%3D

#11011 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Thank you for pioneering this idea and sharing! I didn’t realize that I could get domestically and the original link didn’t take me directly to the item, just to the UP site. So I ended up ordering directly from them…paid more in VAT and freight than the cost of the items. Ha! Oh well, still a pretty inexpensive way to ensure our beloved game runs like a sewing machine. Since these are coming from overseas I went ahead and ordered two, so I’ll have one as a backup or in case one doesn’t work. Forgive me, I’m not familiar with the original TNA design…did it use this same unit? I’m guessing no, as I would think that Sp00ky would have made a change if there were reliability issues due to heat buildup (or added a $10 cooling fan).

#11012 11 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Thank you for pioneering this idea and sharing! I didn’t realize that I could get domestically and the original link didn’t take me directly to the item, just to the UP site. So I ended up ordering directly from them…paid more in VAT and freight than the cost of the items. Ha! Oh well, still a pretty inexpensive way to ensure our beloved game runs like a sewing machine. Since these are coming from overseas I went ahead and ordered two, so I’ll have one as a backup or in case one doesn’t work. Forgive me, I’m not familiar with the original TNA design…did it use this same unit? I’m guessing no, as I would think that Sp00ky would have made a change if there were reliability issues due to heat buildup (or added a $10 cooling fan).

Im not sure about the OG models

#11013 11 months ago

Has anyone else noticed lots of errors in the error report? My game plays perfectly no probs or anything but the error report is logging tons of errors.

Its mostly drop target errors but i get no errors during drop target tests. Also drop target have no issues during gameplay.

#11014 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Has anyone else noticed lots of errors in the error report? My game plays perfectly no probs or anything but the error report is logging tons of errors.
Its mostly drop target errors but i get no errors during drop target tests. Also drop target have no issues during gameplay.

Yep, this happens. The software is just logging whenever it encounters some type of unexpected switch event. It does not mean your game is broken, it means I made the software too sensitive. The game has all sorts of awesome logic in it to deal with unexpected things. I should probably make the error report just not show all this debug stuff. Please ignore unless you are having a problem. This honestly has saved me many hours of troubleshooting help though.
--Scott

#11015 11 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yep, this happens. The software is just logging whenever it encounters some type of unexpected switch event. It does not mean your game is broken, it means I made the software too sensitive. The game has all sorts of awesome logic in it to deal with unexpected things. I should probably make the error report just not show all this debug stuff. Please ignore unless you are having a problem. This honestly has saved me many hours of troubleshooting help though.
--Scott

As always thanks for the quick reply Scott. My blood pressure is back to normal. The good news is i found my missing screw driver when I lifted the playfield. Oops!

#11016 11 months ago

Looks like someone stole the TNA theme and put it in a virtual pin app unless Scott approved it. Seen it on Facebook to play online.

#11017 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Looks like someone stole the TNA theme and put it in a virtual pin app unless Scott approved it. Seen it on Facebook to play online.

Frustrating, but in a way I consider it free marketing. Who on earth would rather play pinball virtually vs the real thing?

#11018 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Quoted from Doctor6:

Frustrating, but in a way I consider it free marketing. Who on earth would rather play pinball virtually vs the real thing?

Read the description, especially the part "supported by Scott Danesi who provided the original DMD media, TNA light animations and sound effects". Unless there is some other TNA virtual floating around this one is fully supported by Scott who provided immeasurable assets and help through the process.

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/14359-total-nuclear-annihilation-spooky-2017-vpw/

#11019 11 months ago

Made with his blessing and with a public congrats no less!

Screenshot_20230513-110952_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230513-110952_Facebook (resized).jpg
#11020 11 months ago

Yeah, no worries guys! I worked with the VPX team on this to create the best version of this possible. There were a number of reasons why I did this...

1. I wanted to help the team over there as they are a good group of honest people.
2. There was already a group working on creating a replica of the game virtually, so I might as well give a hand.
3. This is an awesome way for people to experience the game that would never have had the opportunity to play it physically. A ton of people cannot afford physical pinball machines.
4. This in no way hurts the physical machine at all. In fact, I see this as bringing more awareness to the theme!
5. This is honestly humbling for such a dedicated team of people to actually want to recreate something I created in a different media format.
6. How cool is it that they made it work in VR??!!

--Scott

#11021 11 months ago

Even though I wasn’t having any computer issues, I also ordered the cooler for my TNA CE.
I took some measurements with the stock heatsink at ambient temperature:
IMG_1898 (resized).jpegIMG_1898 (resized).jpeg
Then after one hour of jukebox mode:
IMG_1899 (resized).jpegIMG_1899 (resized).jpeg

Replaced the heatsink with the fan version after it had cooled down to ambient temperature:IMG_1901 (resized).jpegIMG_1901 (resized).jpeg
And again after one hour of jukebox mode:IMG_1902 (resized).jpegIMG_1902 (resized).jpeg

A nice reduction of temperature!

Link to order from USA:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/AAEON-UP/EP-FNUPACTCLRDC?qs=AQlKX63v8Ru37xWxaHpQAQ%3D%3D

Highly recommended!

Added 11 months ago:

EDIT: link to installation instructions showing where to connect the fan.

https://up-shop.org/mpattachment/file/download/id/158/

#11022 11 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

Even though I wasn’t having any computer issues, I also ordered the cooler for my TNA CE.
I took some measurements with the stock heatsink at ambient temperature:
[quoted image]
Then after one hour of jukebox mode:
[quoted image]
Replaced the heatsink with the fan version after it had cooled down to ambient temperature:[quoted image]
And again after one hour of jukebox mode:[quoted image]
A nice reduction of temperature!
Link to order from USA:
Highly recommended!

Thanks for posting this, just ordered one!

#11023 11 months ago

Curious....Scott TheNoTrashCougar did anyone ever make wall banners for TNA?? Picked up a TNA CE this weekend and it needs some matching game room swag. If it hasn't been done please consider getting some made, I'm sure others here as well would purchase one.

#11024 11 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Curious....Scott TheNoTrashCougar did anyone ever make wall banners for TNA?? Picked up a TNA CE this weekend and it needs some matching game room swag. If it hasn't been done please consider getting some made, I'm sure others here as well would purchase one.

I ended up buying a playfield just so I’d have some type of wall art. I’d love to have a stern style banner for my TNA.

#11025 11 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I ended up buying a playfield just so I’d have some type of wall art. I’d love to have a stern style banner for my TNA.

I bought a TNA playfield also. It looks great, and Team Spooky were kind enough to sign it!IMG_1665 (resized).jpegIMG_1665 (resized).jpeg

Besides the 4K wallpaper on Scott’s site, and an occasional Pinshield knockoff I’ve seen on eBay, I’ve not seen a Stern type banner for TNA.

#11026 11 months ago

They didn’t sign mine, but I also have Scooby playfield as well.

IMG_5018 (resized).jpegIMG_5018 (resized).jpegIMG_5075 (resized).jpegIMG_5075 (resized).jpegIMG_5179 (resized).jpegIMG_5179 (resized).jpeg
#11027 11 months ago

Hey there. I'm waiting for my game and bought these decals. I'm wondering what the green circled ones are for? Any ideas? Also, did anyone use decals for the red destroy targets? Looking for ideas. TIA

Screenshot_20230516_095715_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230516_095715_Photos (resized).jpg
#11028 11 months ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

I gave it my best shot.
(and in my other post - I was wrong.. Scotts info is correct = 3/16"id are used on the core lane guide/bumper posts. Sp00ky's is wrong - unless there was a parts change at some point. 3/8"id are too loose)
..since you are looking into replacements - if you or anyone see any errors or better information = please let me know
(as always = USE WITH CAUTION)[quoted image]

This is amazing. Thank you SO much! I feel like I oughta buy you a six pack or a burrito or something for your effort...

#11029 11 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey there. I'm waiting for my game and bought these decals. I'm wondering what the green circled ones are for? Any ideas? Also, did anyone use decals for the red destroy targets? Looking for ideas. TIA
[quoted image]

The two fat rectangular ones go on the top of the scoops. The skinny rectangular one I wasn't 100% confident about, but I put it on the spinner bracket and think it looks great.

#11030 11 months ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

The two fat rectangular ones go on the top of the scoops. The skinny rectangular one I wasn't 100% confident about, but I put it on the spinner bracket and think it looks great.

I put the two fat ones on the gates at the top, for caution before entering the core. I also put the skinny one on the spinner bracket.

#11031 11 months ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I put the two fat ones on the gates at the top, for caution before entering the core. I also put the skinny one on the spinner bracket.

Damn, now that you mention it, putting those on the gates makes a lot a sense

I might need to order another set...

#11032 11 months ago
Quoted from somenerd:

This is amazing. Thank you SO much! I feel like I oughta buy you a six pack or a burrito or something for your effort...

It's all good.. Just hope it helps

#11033 11 months ago

For those of you with an OG who ordered the topper, did you screw it in? I had mine mounted with a 3M “no damage” type sticky strip, but it keeps falling. Considering sacking up and using the screws.

#11034 11 months ago

If you have an aversion to screws in your cabinet then you could try 3M VHB tape. If applied properly then you shouldn’t have any further issues, although if you ever decide to remove it will be much more difficult than removing screws.

#11035 11 months ago

Appreciate the suggestion. I actually have some of this tape, but didn’t use it because of the likelihood for paint damage upon removal. I’ll likely end up screwing it in.

#11036 11 months ago

I'm planning on streaming a TNA 2.0 that's on loan. I was able to capture the LCD from the HDMI signal to the panel with my pass through capture card. I found the setting to enable scores on the LCD, what a nice option!

Does anyone know if you can capture the audio this way? I'm not picking up any audio signal in Streamlabs. I noticed Owlnonymous said he was able to. Otherwise I think I could capture it from the RCA signal from the amp.

Thanks!

#11037 11 months ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

I'm planning on streaming a TNA 2.0 that's on loan. I was able to capture the LCD from the HDMI signal to the panel with my pass through capture card. I found the setting to enable scores on the LCD, what a nice option!
Does anyone know if you can capture the audio this way? I'm not picking up any audio signal in Streamlabs. I noticed Owlnonymous said he was able to. Otherwise I think I could capture it from the RCA signal from the amp.
Thanks!

I just split the audio jack coming out of the PC to get a line-level output as a separate source in OBS, seemed to work well.

#11038 11 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

For those of you with an OG who ordered the topper, did you screw it in? I had mine mounted with a 3M “no damage” type sticky strip, but it keeps falling. Considering sacking up and using the screws.

If it were me, I would screw it in so that it is secure and safely removable. Think of it this way, you are never going to get less money for the game because it had the topper designed for it installed, which left 4 screw holes where you cannot see them.

Thanks!

The HDMI signal from the PC also contains the direct audio. Check your HDMI capture card in OBS. That is one way people do this.

--Scott

#11039 11 months ago

The HDMI signal from the PC also contains the direct audio. Check your HDMI capture card in OBS. That is one way people do this.
--Scott

Thanks @thenotrashcougar! There was actually a USB conflict with my capture card, once I cleared that up I was able to isolate the audio source from the HDMI signal.

I think I will still go with splitting the line level output as MutterFudder mentioned. This I way I can have more control over the gain of the signal independent of the game volume.

Thanks for the input everyone.

#11040 11 months ago

Had a few other issues I'm trying to dial in.

I had the glass off and volume down and noticed quite a loud buzz when the left flipper is energized. There is a buzz from the right also but it's about 25% as loud. Is this normal?

Also, the right side lcd of the ball save readout will randomly stop working. I checked all the ribbon cables to ensure they are seated and they seem good.

Any input on these two issues?

20230518_154408.jpg20230518_154408.jpg
#11041 11 months ago

Make sure the EOS switch is opening or you could burn out the coil.

#11042 11 months ago

Had a few other issues I'm trying to dial in.
I had the glass off and volume down and noticed quite a loud buzz when the left flipper is energized. There is a buzz from the right also but it's about 25% as loud. Is this normal?
Also, the right side lcd of the ball save readout will randomly stop working. I checked all the ribbon cables to ensure they are seated and they seem good.
Any input on these two issues?
[quoted image]

The buzzing is totally normal. It is due to my programming. Just ignore.

The display being out is a ribbon cable disconnected. Look at the other end of the cables. There are 2 going to that display.

Quoted from Kolk1:

Make sure the EOS switch is opening or you could burn out the coil.

There are no EOS switches in TNA.

--Scott

#11043 11 months ago

--Scott

Huh, I didn’t know that. I’ve never had any issues with mine, so I haven’t paid attention lol. I’m always working on old SS stuff.

#11044 11 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Huh, I didn’t know that. I’ve never had any issues with mine, so I haven’t paid attention lol. I’m always working on old SS stuff.

All good! Yeah, looking back on it, if I had put EOS switches on the game, it would have saved me a bunch of hours of programming. But it all turned out amazing in the end.

--Scott

#11045 11 months ago

The buzzing is totally normal. It is due to my programming. Just ignore.
The display being out is a ribbon cable disconnected. Look at the other end of the cables. There are 2 going to that display.

--Scott

Hey Scott. This is one of the reasons why I put an order in two weeks ago for a TNA. I appreciate that you read this thread and help people. Very respectable.i hope I have minimal issues if any hut I am comfortable that you are available. Thanks for that.

#11046 11 months ago

All good! Yeah, looking back on it, if I had put EOS switches on the game, it would have saved me a bunch of hours of programming. But it all turned out amazing in the end.

How do I fix knockdowns? My Right Flipper (Brand New Coil) suffers terribly from knockdowns on incoming/multiple ball strikes.

#11047 11 months ago

My ribbons for the timer kept coming loose so I hot glued the crap out of them. Secure now.

#11048 11 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

How do I fix knockdowns? My Right Flipper (Brand New Coil) suffers terribly from knockdowns on incoming/multiple ball strikes.

Is that what that it’s called, a knockdown ? I see that occasionally on my left flipper. Never enough to lose a ball though. Figured something was lose on the flipper mech but haven’t dug into it yet.

#11049 11 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Thanks for posting about this. I ordered the one from mouser that you linked.

How easy is it to remove the old heatsink and install the new one with the fan?

Also, where do you connect the small 2 pin fan connector to on the cpu board?

#11050 11 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Thanks for posting about this. I ordered the one from mouser that you linked.
How easy is it to remove the old heatsink and install the new one with the fan?
Also, where do you connect the small 2 pin fan connector to on the cpu board?

Install instructions including connections can be found here: https://up-shop.org/mpattachment/file/download/id/158/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/221 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.