(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 239.
#1051 6 years ago

Any Maryland guys can confirm, said VUK pizza has TNA?

I'm going out of town for the week.

#1052 6 years ago

One more suggestion based on finals today. There was a danger through. It would be nice if the odds of that were low. Presumably not counting dangers in the shooter lane for a few seconds should stop this.

Now that I think about it, I think I danger throughed myself in a single player game.

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

One more suggestion based on finals today. There was a danger through. It would be nice if the odds of that were low. Presumably not counting dangers in the shooter lane for a few seconds should stop this.
Now that I think about it, I think I danger throughed myself in a single player game.

I have addressed this in the code today!

#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Any Maryland guys can confirm, said VUK pizza has TNA?
I'm going out of town for the week.

Yep, it arrived at VUK in Bethesda a couple of weeks ago.

#1055 6 years ago

danger through? what does this term mean?

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I have addressed this in the code today!

Scott, I think this is a bit more granular.

A player should have the ability to receive both dangers and full tilts the entire time that their bonus count down is happening. If the game tilts and the bonus is not completely finished counting down, then they should lose the entire bonus.

Then the ball goes to shooter lane for the next player and it would be nice to have a longer debounce during this time to prevent a big move from player 1 negatively impacting player 2 by giving them a warning before they even plunge the ball.

Of note, that the debounce should not be too long at this time because a REALLY big move should in fact cause the tilt bob to still be moving and player 1 should incur some risk from a super big move (that risk is that they possibly tilt through player 2 and DQ themselves). Some of this fine tuning should be from the operator adjusting the tilt debounce. Factory default is a bit too long IMO so I have adjusted it down to something like 1.2-1.5 and that allows you to have a slightly more liberal physical bob setting but a more appropriately sensitive game.

TBT, I suggest a day of big moves on some of your other games to get an idea for how they each react during multiplayer games

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It means that player 1 makes a big move and receives a danger, double danger, or tilt and ends his ball, but as the game moves to player 2, the tilt bob is still moving enough so that player 2 gets a danger from player 1's big move, thus decreasing player 2's tilt warning down to one. (instead of they typical 2).

My Gorgar does this from ball to ball quite often, where I'll tilt on ball 1, but the tilt bob is still moving when the game goes into ball 2 and gives me a warning while the ball is still in the shooter lane.

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It means that player 1 makes a big move and receives a danger, double danger, or tilt and ends his ball, but as the game moves to player 2, the tilt bob is still moving enough so that player 2 gets a danger from player 1's big move, thus decreasing player 2's tilt warning down to one. (instead of they typical 2).
My Gorgar does this from ball to ball quite often, where I'll tilt on ball 1, but the tilt bob is still moving when the game goes into ball 2 and gives me a warning while the ball is still in the shooter lane.

good explanation. Currently on TNA player 1 can just get warnings, not tilt through, but still inadvertently give warnings to player 2.

The sweet spot will be so this never happens. If player 1 is able to give a tilt warning to player 2 then they should have also tilted their own ball first

I think in the current code that once bonus coutdown begins, the game does not allow you to tilt out? Is that correct?

#1060 6 years ago

IMO the easy way to handle it is to just have the game sit for 5-10 seconds post bonus process if there was a recent danger or tilt, before moving on to the next player.

#1061 6 years ago

... or reset the tilt warning at end of bonus. This way there is no delay to the next player.

Quoted from epthegeek:

IMO the easy way to handle it is to just have the game sit for 5-10 seconds post bonus process if there was a recent danger or tilt, before moving on to the next player.

#1062 6 years ago

Two addtional Photos I like to share because in my eyes these stickers (wich cost money as well and are included despite serving no game relavant reason whatsoever) show that Spooky obviously are not penny-pitching their BOM but want build a product they like and put some love into it.

I had to open the game a bunch of times but I smile everytime I see these. XD

20180115tna02 (resized).jpg20180115tna02 (resized).jpg

20180115tna01 (resized).jpg20180115tna01 (resized).jpg

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

... or reset the tilt warning at end of bonus. This way there is no delay to the next player.

You gonna stop the bob from swinging on everyones game personally? Because if not, that thing is still swinging, and will activate on the new player if swinging hard enough.

#1064 6 years ago

Are the screw holes for the shaker and knocker already in the cab?
Ie are they pre drilled.

And does anyone have the dimensions of a boxed game?

#1065 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Are the screw holes for the shaker and knocker already in the cab?
Ie are they pre drilled.
And does anyone have the dimensions of a boxed game?

Yes they are.
And bioxed game is regular 3 Dimensional!

#1066 6 years ago

Someone will get a TNA for only $70.00 .... And it could be you!!!!
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/totalnuclearannihilation-sweepstakes

#1067 6 years ago

Tilt switch ignored until ball leaves shooter lane? On some games this could be exploited, but I can't think of any advantage to nudging the hell out of TNA with no ball in play.

#1068 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Tilt switch ignored until ball leaves shooter lane? On some games this could be exploited, but I can't think of any advantage to nudging the hell out of TNA with no ball in play.

Break open the coin door and run off with millions of cash?

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I can't think of any advantage to nudging the hell out of TNA with no ball in play.

On second thought, I guess some a-hole could try to knock balls out of the lock.

#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Tilt switch ignored until ball leaves shooter lane?

If it's literally ignored until the ball leaves the shooter lane, that could be worse... the next player could launch their ball not realizing that the tilt pendulum is going crazy in there, and then get a warning as soon as the ball hits the playfield... and under most tournament rules, they'd just be SOL for that because they're in control once they launch the ball.

Seems straightforward enough to not advance to the next player if the tilt ring has been activated within the last X seconds... once the oscillation dampens, it's not going to start swinging harder again on its own. (This also assumes nothing crazy like the shaker motor being activated around that time.)

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Size / Dimension: Square - 60mm L x 60mm H
Width: 25.00mm
Air Flow: 23.5 CFM (0.658m³/min)
Bearing Type: Ball
Noise: 34.5 dB(A)
RPM : 4500 RPM
Edit: 12V of course

Would this work as a suitable replacement?

324983A4-92EC-43DB-96F6-AD429BF58B7D (resized).jpeg324983A4-92EC-43DB-96F6-AD429BF58B7D (resized).jpeg

#1072 6 years ago

Any known TNA locations in the Seattle area?

#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Would this work as a suitable replacement?

Is Spooky remaking Ataris Hercules?

#1075 6 years ago

Are there any other must-have addons? I was planning on getting mirror blades and a shaker, but now I learn I should also get a knocker. All can be gotten from PBL, rite?

#1076 6 years ago

OK, I have given this tilt thing a bunch of thought. This is what I am going to go with. Warnings and tilt hits will not be triggered if the bonus count has been started. I will put in a buffer of x seconds to ignore the tilt bob when the next player (or same) is up to minimize tilt throughs. This will be adjustable in the service menu and can be disabled. So if you rage tilt through with this logic, that is on you. I cannot have the tilt ignored when the ball is in the shooter lane for obvious reasons.
--Scott

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

This is what I am going to go with. Warnings and tilt hits will not be triggered if the bonus count has been started.

Fine with whatever you decide

#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Yep, it arrived at VUK in Bethesda a couple of weeks ago.

VUK has TNA? When did this happen? Arrggh, I can't go there tonight. Maybe Friday.

#1079 6 years ago

Like you said Scott I resoldered the LED and got them back working.

So now I'm with 5 spares again.

Also bought a bunch of spare diodes but OF COURSE, the pins don't match. - Red is Blue and otherwise. XD

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Are there any other must-have addons? I was planning on getting mirror blades and a shaker, but now I learn I should also get a knocker. All can be gotten from PBL, rite?

Yes. Under game specific parts - Total Nuclear Annihilation.

Speaker grilles and lights are still coming I think. Hopefully soon.

#1081 6 years ago

Still not completely off the idea to use that canvas down there otherwise...

(No, I'd never mess with the playfield on a new game. )

WP_20180117_02_21_12_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180117_02_21_12_Pro (resized).jpg

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Still not completely off the idea to use that canvas down there otherwise...
(No, I'd never mess with the playfield on a new game. )

that would be frikin awesome, with 2 red leds that brighten, but unfortunately now not possible as an original idea or part of the game

#1083 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

that would be frikin awesome, with 2 red leds that brighten, but unfortunately now not possible as an original idea or part of the game

Well... Scott said why not and I can see it (it'd be propably too cluttered/ doesn't match up with the rest) nontheless I've fun playing with this idea & scribbling around, so...

#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well... Scott said why not and I can see it (it'd be propably too cluttered/ doesn't match up with the rest) nontheless I've fun playing with this idea & scribbling around, so...

I like the idea of having leds above the flippers 'heat up' the quicker the flippers are hit, and eventually get red hot, but if they overheat, the flipper power lowers so the ball only makes it up to the middle of the playfield to hit a special target to re-engergize or cool the flippers type of idea

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

It's already been done!
» YouTube video

Haha! I’ve never seen that. Thanks!

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I like the idea of having leds above the flippers 'heat up' the quicker the flippers are hit, and eventually get red hot, but if they overheat, the flipper power lowers so the ball only makes it up to the middle of the playfield to hit a special target to re-engergize or cool the flippers type of idea

I like it as well but I don't think people in general like to loose (even more) control.

I have an Operation Thunder Pin at home. It's great but you have to "fuel" your F15 otherwise it crashes (the flipperfingers won't work anymore).
People hate it!

#1087 6 years ago

Waiting hard for #106, in the meantime i‘m going to do some high stakes gambling on other pins:
2 Euro Coins fit perfectly

965733F6-9BD2-4FB0-B8BE-DB349C273B82 (resized).jpeg965733F6-9BD2-4FB0-B8BE-DB349C273B82 (resized).jpeg

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Waiting hard for #106, in the meantime i‘m going to do some high stakes gambling on other pins:
2 Euro Coins fit perfectly

I got the hot-pink sack rack. Am I missing something obvious about this item? I have the 4 coins, and set it on my AFMr for now, but does it serve another purpose or have special use that I am too new to figure out?

#1089 6 years ago

Just a nice way to keep track of all the coins while playing dollar / euro games

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I got the hot-pink sack rack. Am I missing something obvious about this item? I have the 4 coins, and set it on my AFMr for now, but does it serve another purpose or have special use that I am too new to figure out?

It is to hold coins that you are betting with your friends, every player puts a $1 coin on it and high score of all the players takes the coins.

For a more advanced use see this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/13#post-4112608

#1091 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

It is to hold coins that you are betting with your friends, every player puts a $1 coin on it and high score of all the players takes the coins.
For a more advanced use see this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/13#post-4112608

I'm semi-permanently mounting my hot pink rack on my TNA that is going on location to the bottom rightish edge of the PF glass using this...

goop (resized).jpggoop (resized).jpg

#1092 6 years ago

I'm wondering how well the butter would wear over time, potentially chipping or cracking if the cabinet shifts slightly and repeatedly over time. I know the cab flexes slightly on sub and shaker... have there been clearcoat cabinets made many years ago that have aged well? If a non-butter gets damaged over time, the sticker can be replaced, but for the butter, not sure how to repair a chipped side if that ever happens.

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I'm wondering how well the butter would wear over time, potentially chipping or cracking if the cabinet shifts slightly and repeatedly over time. I know the cab flexes slightly on sub and shaker... have there been clearcoat cabinets made many years ago that have aged well? If a non-butter gets damaged over time, the sticker can be replaced, but for the butter, not sure how to repair a chipped side if that ever happens.

I have a FT cabinet that was done the same way as the TNA butter cabinets. It was done a couple years ago and still looks the same as the day I got it.

As with anything that looks this nice, you need to be careful moving it, but I wouldn't worry at all once it's in place and you're playing it.

IMG_2501 (resized).JPGIMG_2501 (resized).JPG

IMG_2502 (resized).JPGIMG_2502 (resized).JPG

#1094 6 years ago

So, how is the knocker integrated? From what I understand, it fires with extra ball, earned replay, and match replay. Sound about right?

#1095 6 years ago

Streaming Total Nuclear Annihilation New 1.07 B4 code! Now with OWLnonymous
https://www.twitch.tv/owlnonymous

#1096 6 years ago

I added the side rail light kit from Hooked on Pinball.

I like it.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1097 6 years ago

My epic fail trip to finally play a TNA... I was on a business trip to Chicago area and decided to seek out a TNA on location at Bigby's pour house. The bill acceptor would not work! I desperately tried to find some quarters, finally found some in my jacket pocket. I put them in, and nothing! All that anticipation and I ended up standing in front of this beautiful game and not able to play it. Sad Day.

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

My epic fail trip to finally play a TNA... I was on a business trip to Chicago area and decided to seek out a TNA on location at Bigby's pour house. The bill acceptor would not work! I desperately tried to find some quarters, finally found some in my jacket pocket. I put them in, and nothing! All that anticipation and I ended up standing in front of this beautiful game and not able to play it. Sad Day.

That’s my game, I’ll let Gavin know

There’s another one down the road at brixie’s

#1099 6 years ago

mods.

20180117_204742 (resized).jpg20180117_204742 (resized).jpg

#1100 6 years ago

Just curious: How does the match sequence work with the non-zero last digit?

Watching this video, it appears that the generated match value is still a 2-digit number ending in zero.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/219636741

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.