(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 239.
#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I asked Scott if he would do Glen Miller on 78 and he said f' no.

what an asshole

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

what an asshole

His wife says he can be.

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I asked Scott if he would do Glen Miller

He’ll only do Dave Brubeck

#1004 6 years ago

Glenn Miller and Dave Brubeck both ROCK!

Thank God for Pinball-Browser.

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

OK guys, I just put up the new Accessory power supply for TNA up on the PBL website. Although this in not an official spooky sanctioned product, it will allow you to safely plug in mods to the game without touching the 12v or 5v supply on the game which reduces the risk of breaking something. It even has outputs that use the standard 3 pin Molex connectors that all modders are used to so you can plug in things like lit flipper buttons, etc. Please use responsibly.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4855

Scott, can you put a standard 110vAC plug on this? I would like to power my mini fridge combo toilet so that I never have to leave the game’s side.

P.S. please invent a food storage combo waste disposal device.

#1006 6 years ago

OK guys, I just put up the new Accessory power supply for TNA up on the PBL website. Although this in not an official spooky sanctioned product, it will allow you to safely plug in mods to the game without touching the 12v or 5v supply on the game which reduces the risk of breaking something. It even has outputs that use the standard 3 pin Molex connectors that all modders are used to so you can plug in things like lit flipper buttons, etc. Please use responsibly.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4855

Thank you Scott for reaching out to me on the other post and adding this addition as that helps out a lot for me when making the adapters for our kits for TNA. I have a customer taking delivery of his shortly and this makes things very plug and play. Excellent work as always!!!

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thank you Scott for adding this addition as that helps out a lot for me when making the adapters for our kits for TNA. I have a customer taking delivery of his shortly and this makes things very plug and play. Excellent work as always!!!
Scott
Pin Stadium
http://www.pinstadium.com

I have no idea why anyone would want to alter or mess with the great lighting in this game, but to each his own.

#1008 6 years ago

anyone starts bastardizing the game lighting and I think they deserve a nut punch.

#1009 6 years ago

I've never been a fan of pinstadium lights, but I agree with the nut pinch. To each their own I suppose.

#1010 6 years ago

There are no dark parts on TNA, and the add on lights would be really close to the deck because of how close the glass is. I don’t get it at all.

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There are no dark parts on TNA, and the add on lights would be really close to the deck because of how close the glass is. I don’t get it at all.

My sentiments exactly, but in all things we must go a step too far before we realize it was fine without it. Interested to see how it turns out though.

I do think a plasma-cap for the pop bumper would be perfect on this game, only lights when the reactor is started.

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've never been a fan of pinstadium lights, but I agree with the nut pinch. To each their own I suppose.

I’m a partial convert, but really depends on the game and the color and brightness of the light bars.

On many games it really makes the otherwise obscured pf art and plastics pop, while also reducing the apparent brightness of the inserts to a more tolerable level. Overall the effect is similar to old school incandescent lighting where the GI and the inserts were much more in balance in terms of relative brightness. Since the advent of led lighting it’s pretty common for the inserts to be distractingly bright enough to affect gameplay, which is what flashers are for.

#1013 6 years ago

TNA did have one major malfunction at INDISC. It was strange. The flippers stopped responding regularly. Basically, not all presses would flip, it was enter times where 3 seconds would pass without a flip. Screen animations of mystery also had dropped to a horrible framerate. Seemed to resolve after a reboot. Anyone seen anything like this?

Other than this appears to be holding up well, and playing crazy hard.

#1014 6 years ago

44D9B3C3-3A8E-464C-A763-A7B4BCFD3F96 (resized).png44D9B3C3-3A8E-464C-A763-A7B4BCFD3F96 (resized).png

#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

TNA did have one major malfunction at INDISC. It was strange. The flippers stopped responding regularly. Basically, not all presses would flip, it was enter times where 3 seconds would pass without a flip. Screen animations of mystery also had dropped to a horrible framerate. Seemed to resolve after a reboot. Anyone seen anything like this?
Other than this appears to be holding up well, and playing crazy hard.

This is most likely caused from a loose serial cable on the cabinet Switch board located on the inside left of the cabinet. This could also be a bug in the software which I fixed in v1.0.7, which is unfortunately not out yet. Soon! you guys will not be disappointed.

--Scott

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thank you Scott for reaching out to me on the other post and adding this addition as that helps out a lot for me when making the adapters for our kits for TNA. I have a customer taking delivery of his shortly and this makes things very plug and play. Excellent work as always!!!
Scott
Pin Stadium

Hey Scott,
This power supply is for a bunch of others who requested it as well. Nice job with PinStadium, but I definitely would not put it on TNA. This would water down the lighting effects that I worked very hard creating. Every GI and insert bulb in this game is individually computer controlled RGB and I do some really neat stuff with it.
--Scott

#1017 6 years ago

Hey Scott,
This power supply is for a bunch of others who requested it as well. Nice job with PinStadium, but I definitely would not put it on TNA. This would water down the lighting effects that I worked very hard creating. Every GI and insert bulb in this game is individually computer controlled RGB and I do some really neat stuff with it.
--Scott

Couldn’t agree more. The light show is amazing and adding pinstadium lights would make it look worse.

#1018 6 years ago

Game is amazing as is in my opinion. The lighting is so cool on the game. Would like to see what additional lighting would look like. May be too much though.

#1019 6 years ago

Hey Scott,
--Scott

Yes its great that you added that 12v for us all and thank you I am glad you like the Pin Stadiums. As far as adding it on TNA, I promise to do you justice with this one and to work with your incredible light show as to not take away but to enhance it and what you are doing. I will work with it with the customer to get it nice and coherent to what you have done. We will be using the GI module so it will be safely reading signal from your lights to sync with them.

So basically your machine (you) will gain control of the Pin Stadium lights and the colors and brightness will be dial in via the wifi connectivity to the app by the user to their individual liking as to what they feel is the perfect contrast ratio to your design in their eyes. I am excited to get these on your machine and to see what is possible. I will keep you posted and stay in communication with you on this so that you can see it in action also. You've done an excellent job and it's an honor to be able to have worked with your machine on this level.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#1020 6 years ago

This is most likely caused from a loose serial cable on the cabinet Switch board located on the inside left of the cabinet. This could also be a bug in the software which I fixed in v1.0.7, which is unfortunately not out yet. Soon! you guys will not be disappointed

Ok, second problem. Display went to somewhat random letters in a game. Might be night after game to also display score on screen.

Guessing loose connection. But it is unfortunate in a tournament setting.

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone starts bastardizing the game lighting and I think they deserve a nut punch.

Quoted from FatPanda:

The nut pinch sounds more painful than a nut punch.

#1022 6 years ago

awe yeah.

20180113_121208 (resized).jpg20180113_121208 (resized).jpg

#1023 6 years ago

Since I had to open my game again (wich is always quite an act because the room is so small) because the upper flipper stopped working I finally took my time to adress really EVERYTHING...

So I opened the power supply wich skreeching sound bugged me more every day. And boy I'm glad I did.

First here's the opened power supply wich is quite a challenge...

WP_20180113_17_57_30_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180113_17_57_30_Pro (resized).jpg

...alltogether I had to unscrew about 27 screws. Since you cant remove the fan without removing the power supply board from it's case.

What really supprised me is the built of the power supply with the fan cooling the most important parts over a big heatsink.

When I removed the fan I noticed when tilting, that the noise stopped. The Fan just ran uneven, maybe a broken bearing. Then I noticed something...

WP_20180113_20_09_56_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180113_20_09_56_Pro (resized).jpg

There were cut ditches all over the place. So my first guess was that this is a cheap ass fan and they tried to cut something out to make it run even.

But it turns out the fan is a really expensive one clocking in at about 25$. Mine was just broken...

...and then I found a loose screw the coin door was missing.

So I guess the maybe the screw fell in and broke the fan a bit. Important thing is I'm lucky the screw didn't lead to a short ciruit.

So, I got a new fan (actually git the fastest I could find but it's still a bit slower) and now you only notice it when really listen closely.

What I also did (together with other things) is to put some isolation tape left and right on the edges of the glass (you can't see it), since my glass made loud vibrations when the bass was hitting hard.

So now my mind is at ease (the game whas smooth like butter long ago) and I'm happy the fan was 'broke'and I'm not kind of a whining jerk.

VERY IMPORTANT SIDE MARK:
The Fan blades are purple as well as the insulation tape, so this is actually a beauty mod (nobody will ever see) as well!

#1024 6 years ago

Oh, had a really hefty bug/ glitch today:

Game sometines doesn't recognize it's in Multiball immediately.
Shot the Target down, got 3 Balls, then lost the first ball. Then game went into Multiball with the flippers dead with the ball still timer still running,...

....then it rebooted. XD

#1025 6 years ago

a couple stops before home . Lawrences pub in Benton . Played the games there also .

20180113_124625 (resized).jpg20180113_124625 (resized).jpg

#1026 6 years ago

and New Glarous Brewery .

20180113_143509 (resized).jpg20180113_143509 (resized).jpg

20180113_143840 (resized).jpg20180113_143840 (resized).jpg

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

a couple stops before home . Lawrences pub in Benton . Played the games there also .

YOU SUCK, DOUG!!

#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Ok, second problem. Display went to somewhat random letters in a game. Might be night after game to also display score on screen.
Guessing loose connection. But it is unfortunate in a tournament setting.

Oh no! I can definitely add score support for the LCD after the game is over in the next version for worst case scenarios like this. I wish I could see what happened to that display. I take it that it cleared up?

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

P.S. please invent a food storage combo waste disposal device

It's already been done!

#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Oh, had a really hefty bug/ glitch today:
Game sometines doesn't recognize it's in Multiball immediately.
Shot the Target down, got 3 Balls, then lost the first ball. Then game went into Multiball with the flippers dead with the ball still timer still running,...
....then it rebooted. XD

Wow! That is pretty bad, sorry. Can you send me your log file? All you need to do is put a blank usb into the PC and it will dump the audits, settings, and log file.

Edit: On second thought, this is most likely because your drop target down switches need to be adjusted.

#1031 6 years ago

It's not a JVC. It doesn't vibrate the concrete. But I CAN hear the hardcore beat! Bass Boost is ON.

tape DSC_2274 (resized).jpgtape DSC_2274 (resized).jpg

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes its great that you added that 12v for us all and thank you I am glad you like the Pin Stadiums. As far as adding it on TNA, I promise to do you justice with this one and to work with your incredible light show as to not take away but to enhance it and what you are doing. I will work with it with the customer to get it nice and coherent to what you have done. We will be using the GI module so it will be safely reading signal from your lights to sync with them.
So basically your machine (you) will gain control of the Pin Stadium lights and the colors and brightness will be dial in via the wifi connectivity to the app by the user to their individual liking as to what they feel is the perfect contrast ratio to your design in their eyes. I am excited to get these on your machine and to see what is possible. I will keep you posted and stay in communication with you on this so that you can see it in action also. You've done an excellent job and it's an honor to be able to have worked with your machine on this level.
Scott
Pin Stadium

You should probably take this to PM as this system is 100% different than you are used to. If you are using relays in your GI module to sense the lamp patterns, you are going to have a bad time as it will PWM the relay until it self destructs. If you are using transistors, I would be cautious about combining the power supplies or backfeeding any current and taking out PCBs. Any draw from the GI bulbs will make the bulbs in TNA not function correctly. This type of thing is definitely not supported by spooky and will void your customers warranty. I am not saying it is impossible, I am just warning you to test this before you send anything to a customer.

#1033 6 years ago

Wow! That is pretty bad, sorry. Can you send me your log file? All you need to do is put a blank usb into the PC and it will dump the audits, settings, and log file.
Edit: On second thought, this is most likely because your drop target down switches need to be adjusted.

Please don't apologize!

And since it happens kinda regulary I think it's the the switches like you said.
(Still funny how that turned out.)

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since I had to open my game again (wich is always quite an act because the room is so small) because the upper flipper stopped working I finally took my time to adress really EVERYTHING...
So I opened the power supply wich skreeching sound bugged me more every day. And boy I'm glad I did.
First here's the opened power supply wich is quite a challenge...

...alltogether I had to unscrew about 27 screws. Since you cant remove the fan without removing the power supply board from it's case.
What really supprised me is the built of the power supply with the fan cooling the most important parts over a big heatsink.
When I removed the fan I noticed when tilting, that the noise stopped. The Fan just ran uneven, maybe a broken bearing. Then I noticed something...

There were cut ditches all over the place. So my first guess was that this is a cheap ass fan and they tried to cut something out to make it run even.
But it turns out the fan is a really expensive one clocking in at about 25$. Mine was just broken...
...and then I found a loose screw the coin door was missing.
So I guess the maybe the screw fell in and broke the fan a bit. Important thing is I'm lucky the screw didn't lead to a short ciruit.
So, I got a new fan (actually git the fastest I could find but it's still a bit slower) and now you only notice it when really listen closely.
What I also did (together with other things) is to put some isolation tape left and right on the edges of the glass (you can't see it), since my glass made loud vibrations when the bass was hitting hard.
So now my mind is at ease (the game whas smooth like butter long ago) and I'm happy the fan was 'broke'and I'm not kind of a whining jerk.
VERY IMPORTANT SIDE MARK:
The Fan blades are purple as well as the insulation tape, so this is actually a beauty mod (nobody will ever see) as well!

What size fan is it? I'd like to swap it with something quieter.

#1035 6 years ago

You should probably take this to PM as this system is 100% different than you are used to. If you are using relays in your GI module to sense the lamp patterns, you are going to have a bad time as it will PWM the relay until it self destructs. If you are using transistors, I would be cautious about combining the power supplies or backfeeding any current and taking out PCBs. Any draw from the GI bulbs will make the bulbs in TNA not function correctly. This type of thing is definitely not supported by spooky and will void your customers warranty. I am not saying it is impossible, I am just warning you to test this before you send anything to a customer.

Will do and let's discuss this via email or PM. No worries though as relays are not being used and it's been tested with numerous ranges/similar scenarios for above and below normal environments simply because I had a feeling that advanced creators like yourself would eventually walk into these ranges and requirements for functionality of the GI module and that it would need to support the pinball machine and module safely. Thanks Scott!!

#1036 6 years ago

All I heard was void warranty. I hope Charlie has something in writing warning their customers against their own stupidity.

#1037 6 years ago

Also it has been announced that PinFLOODLIGHTS are the only official TNA lighting mod, as stated in our latest release.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-thought-pinstadium-lights-were-good-get-a-look-at-our-setup/page/4#post-4172969

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

All I heard was void warranty. I hope Charlie has something in writing warning their customers against their own stupidity.

Cut and pasted straight from our website... most mods are perfectly fine, but we've literally had people destroy expensive boards plugging in things wrong. I know there were several Laseriffic toppers fried because people plugged them into the 48v supply.

Quote:

We like owners that customize their games, but please understand if you’re tapping into the wiring or board somewhere, you’re doing so at your own risk and voiding your warranty.

#1039 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Lawrences pub in Benton

Sounds like you hit all the major stops in southern Wisconsin. Lawrence's and the brewery. Yep... that's all of them!

Thanks again ... Lionman!

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

YOU SUCK, DOUG!!

Apparently not , I put my name up on the high score table of the AMH at Lawrence's. (seemed like factory settings were recently restored though )

#1041 6 years ago

#54 home and set up!!!!!

20180113_183106 (resized).jpg20180113_183106 (resized).jpg

#1042 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What size fan is it? I'd like to swap it with something quieter.

Size / Dimension: Square - 60mm L x 60mm H
Width: 25.00mm
Air Flow: 23.5 CFM (0.658m³/min)
Bearing Type: Ball
Noise: 34.5 dB(A)
RPM : 4500 RPM

Edit: 12V of course

#1043 6 years ago

pretty standard size. is it a 12v unit?

#1044 6 years ago

Want to say some nice things/ things I really appreciate for a change:

I really like that the game says that an extra ball is coming up, while you're still just loosing your ball.
How many times did you allready change palyers and they play with your extra ball? (Since not all games even call you "player 1, 2, 3"...)
- Don't know if this is new but I at least Never saw / heard that before and think it's a totally neat idea.

I love that there is a sperate music mix for the final blow-up (when everything is red) if you're in multiball.
It get's you even more on your toes.

Also EVERYONE who came in and thought the game looks lame/ barren (more like: "what's this shit") was blown away when starting up the game.
First one kinda apologized after 5 seconds in.

I really hope that while the first games spread out in the wild that you'll get an additional wave of orders in.

Looking forward to my target decals, sideart & protectors arriving the next days pimping up the game and will order my knocker, shaker and then my music cassette next week as well.

Anyone has the shaker and cares to write something about integration? (Game IS allready shaking with bass so,...)

#1045 6 years ago

Oh no! I can definitely add score support for the LCD after the game is over in the next version for worst case scenarios like this. I wish I could see what happened to that display. I take it that it cleared up?

I have a blurry cell video I can upload when I get back home next week, but I think Jim said they were recording all day and will share footage with you after the tournament.

After reboot the display came back. Unfortunately, it did the scrolling '8' attract instead of showing last score.

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I have a blurry cell video I can upload when I get back home next week, but I think Jim said they were recording all day and will share footage with you after the tournament.
After reboot the display came back. Unfortunately, it did the scrolling '8' attract instead of showing last score.

OOO, that is a good idea. Right now it just goes into a test mode, but I can make it pull the last scores in!

--Scott

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Sounds like you hit all the major stops in southern Wisconsin. Lawrence's and the brewery. Yep... that's all of them!
Thanks again ... Lionman!

Well I missed a few good stops though. In Monroe is Mihas brewery, the oldest brewery in the midwest (though it's changed ownership and names a few times , once known as Huber brewing) and is the second oldest in the US . Just north of New Glarous is Wisconsin Brewing co Verona . And Had I made it up to Verona I might as well go to Madison and play some pinball at some of the nice locations there and check out the Breweries there also . If someone had a full day or 2 or 5 to spare they could make a real nice brewery/pinball trip for themselves .

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Anyone has the shaker and cares to write something about integration? (Game IS allready shaking with bass so,...)

I can't stress enough how well the shaker is integrated into the game. I had mine factory installed, but could not imagine it without. It isn't just when it activates, but the varying levels of shake too. Worth the $, and easy enough to add afterward too.

#1049 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

#54 home and set up!!!!!

F yeah f’n Doug!

#1050 6 years ago

Agree on the shaker motor. A must!!! It makes the game so much better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/21?hl=flynnsbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.