(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 239.
#10851 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

trilogybeer any chance this is still a possibility? The one thing my TNA 1.5 is missing.

Yes, I will be doing a small run of them in about a month. Anyone that wants one should PM me and I will make sure everyone that has contacted me gets one.
No payment needed until they are ready to ship.

#10852 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

I just mentioned the Power Filter Board in case you didn't have 48v coming upto the PD-16 (my issue was a bad solder joint on a 12v connection that fed the .25c lights in the coindoor).
Sounds like your on the right track. Check all the Orange-Yellow wires on that side and follow them down to the playfield..etc.
Fuse: = Might try your local Graingers, Kendall Electric..etc and see if they have any slow blow.
Scott can give you the truth when it comes to the diodes. From what Iv'e gathered - the PD-16 has onboard SMD "diodes" that protect each channel, so supposedly you don't need any "external" / remote diodes. The ones on the coils look beefier so I personally would try and leave them on if they are installed properly. Cant hurt right? - I guess, until one fails that is
Not sure why yours was installed in such a manner - it should be on the other side. Maybe something happened to it during soldering at Sp00ky and it was easier to fix from the other side..??maybe??. It appears to be installed in the correct orientation.
I included a few coil pics from my CE machine and pic of new spare coils I got from Pinball Life (for reference).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

namyzzo Thanks for all your help, detailed pictures and schematics. I really appreciate it!

I was never able to isolate a short anywhere. I replaced the fuse and now the game has been playing just fine for the last few days.

I assume it must have been somewhere in coils 1-6, but other than that questionable diode on the left flipper, I couldn't find a thing!

Here's hoping it stays running. I'll keep some fuses on hand just in case! Thanks TheNoTrashCougar and namyzzo for your time.

#10853 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Oui, j'en ferai une petite série dans environ un mois. Toute personne qui en veut un devrait m'en prendre un PM et je m'assurerai que tous ceux qui m'ont contacté en obtiennent un.Aucun paiement n'est nécessaire tant qu'ils ne sont pas prêts à être expédiés.

C’est quoi ?

#10854 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I’ve been searching for information on the game story. I remember listening to a podcast interview with Scott and he talked about the plot. I know he said it was a loose storyline, but I really liked the ideas behind the story. Is there anything written in this thread about it, I’ve searched every way I can think of and can’t seem to put my finger on it. I’m pretty sure Scott talked about it in his interview with Jeff Parsons on Pinball Players Podcast episode 26, but something is broken and it won’t play on podcatchers or Spotify. Thanks in advance for your assistance! I think the story is great, and when people come to play the game I’d like to be able to say more than “well, she was sent to the future to destroy these reactors…and, um…”

Quoted from LIONwoMAN:

Hi there, MasterBlaster! Funny you should bring this up. Scott and I (Sara Rose) initially created enough of a plot to get the game going. Over the past year, I have been working on expanding the story into a full book. It's exciting to hear that you are curious about the backstory

I, too, have obsessed over the backstory for the game, and listened to EVERY interview of Scott I could find, to glean every detail, so I could give an accurate description to friends who try the game. I mean, TNA is far more interesting a game than most, in terms of its theme and concept, and the backstory only makes it better. I'm so glad that this "loose" storyline is going to be a book! I can REALLY lay the whole thing on my friends!!

Max

#10855 1 year ago

Thank you all for the kind words on the book idea. LIONwoMAN has been really hard at work on this for quite some time. I have heard parts of it and it is really amazing what she is coming up with. She is the ultimate creator of the story.

#10856 1 year ago

Happy Easter TNA Peeps!

Has anyone else noticed the attract mode light show slows down when using Jukebox mode? Is this just my machine?

#10857 1 year ago

Anyone know where you can source the brass colored finger that triggers the drops?
I have had 2-3 break on my TNA and don't want to have to buy a full drop target assembly to get that goofy actuator.

Thanks.

#10858 1 year ago
Quoted from thomas49:

C’est quoi ?

51EBCEB3-DA4B-47DD-9D9B-4D26A262E721 (resized).jpeg51EBCEB3-DA4B-47DD-9D9B-4D26A262E721 (resized).jpegF954AA9F-07FD-4FEA-8F0A-92ABF0DF88A9 (resized).jpegF954AA9F-07FD-4FEA-8F0A-92ABF0DF88A9 (resized).jpeg
#10859 1 year ago

Damn! That looks fantastic. If I had room for another on my machine, I'd be hounding you for one!

#10860 1 year ago

I’m sorry, but where and the hell can I buy this pad/cover???!!!! I’ve been trying to figure out some type of wall art (besides the TNA playfield) and I’d like to have a TNA banner like I have for my sterns, id gladly try and make this work somehow lol

EE74B3D2-7BBC-4C42-8601-B3D14B9BCE06 (resized).jpegEE74B3D2-7BBC-4C42-8601-B3D14B9BCE06 (resized).jpeg

#10861 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I’m sorry, but where and the hell can I buy this pad/cover???!!!! I’ve been trying to figure out some type of wall art (besides the TNA playfield) and I’d like to have a TNA banner like I have for my sterns, id gladly try and make this work somehow lol
[quoted image]

..That one looks pretty good.. Let me know if you find any.

I seen another style on 3bay - the cover looks really pixelated in the photo.
ebay.com link: usr

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10862 1 year ago

It looks like the little rivet on the orbit metal piece just behind the spinner is popped out a bit, causing left orbits to airball. Any idea how to fix it?

#10863 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

ebay.com link: usr[quoted image]

The guys name on Facebook is beach beach, and doesn’t speak English. But basically said he has them made, and to buy one, plus have it shipped to United States it’s 130 euros ($141)….

#10864 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

ebay.com link: usr[quoted image]

That stretched out art looks horrid.

#10865 1 year ago

Has anyone come up with any life hack solutions for the loose coin box on the CE yet?

#10866 1 year ago

I 3D printed a spacer to hold it in place.

#10867 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Has anyone come up with any life hack solutions for the loose coin box on the CE yet?

You could install one of these at the back:
https://www.pinballlife.com/cash-box-lock-bracket.html

Then secure the coin box with a cash box hair pin.
https://www.pinballlife.com/cash-box-hair-pin.html

EDIT:
You will also need to a cash box cover for this setup to work:
https://www.pinballlife.com/cash-box-cover.html

That might help hold it in place.
--Scott

#10868 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

I installed cable staples (9/16"x 1 1/4") to "secure" the coin box in all my Spooky games (TNA 2.0, ACNC & RAM). While I have strong desire to keep my games in great/original condition, the cable staple was a simple solution.

#10869 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You could install one of these at the back:
https://www.pinballlife.com/cash-box-lock-bracket.html
Then secure the coin box with a cash box hair pin.
https://www.pinballlife.com/cash-box-hair-pin.html
EDIT:
You will also need to a cash box cover for this setup to work:
https://www.pinballlife.com/cash-box-cover.html
That might help hold it in place.
--Scott

Thanks Scott

#10870 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I installed cable staples (9/16"x 1 1/4") to "secure" the coin box in all my Spooky games (TNA 2.0, ACNC & RAM). While I have strong desire to keep my games in great/original condition, the cable staple was a simple solution.

Do you have a photo you can post of this solution?

#10871 1 year ago

Had a weird issue with my OG TNA at this weekends tournament. After several hours of play it started resetting. We opened the back box and the CPU was extremally hot to the point where we could not touch it. We decided to turn off the game and took it out of the tournament. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I have a replacement CPU from spooky to install since we never were able to update the old CPU. Going to add some fans to the new one to make sure we don't have a reoccurring issue with prolonged tournament use. Thanks for your input.
Regards,
Al

#10872 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Here's 2 pictures of how I used the cable staple as requested. Simple but does the job from my standpoint. Forgot that I had also used same approach on my HW too.

20230412_132336 (resized).jpg20230412_132336 (resized).jpg20230412_132536 (resized).jpg20230412_132536 (resized).jpg
#10873 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Here's 2 pictures of how I used the cable staple as requested. Simple but does the job from my standpoint. Forgot that I had also used same approach on my HW too.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the photos. That seems quick and easy plus it seems like it would allow a little lateral movement to align the coin mech with the coin box holes. Thanks again

#10874 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Le nom du gars sur Facebook est beach beach, et ne parle pas anglais. Mais il a essentiellement dit qu'il les avait fabriqués, et pour en acheter un, plus de le faire expédier aux États-Unis, c'est 130 euros (141 $)....

C est moi

#10876 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Had a weird issue with my OG TNA at this weekends tournament. After several hours of play it started resetting. We opened the back box and the CPU was extremally hot to the point where we could not touch it. We decided to turn off the game and took it out of the tournament. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I have a replacement CPU from spooky to install since we never were able to update the old CPU. Going to add some fans to the new one to make sure we don't have a reoccurring issue with prolonged tournament use. Thanks for your input.
Regards,
Al

Resetting maybe due to a ribbon cable getting loose under the playfield.

Lift playfield and press all connections.

I too had a funky OG PC.
My CMOS battery went dead, and we replaced it but after that I could never update the code! Required a new PC. Weird eh?

#10877 1 year ago

Quick question for Scott or anyone else who knows:

The Arm / Finger that trips the drops. Is it the L or the R version in TNA?

Thanks

#10878 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Quick question for Scott or anyone else who knows:
The Arm / Finger that trips the drops. Is it the L or the R version in TNA?
Thanks

Left version!

https://www.pinballlife.com/drop-target-knockdown-assembly-left.html

--Scott

#10879 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

The guys name on Facebook is beach beach, and doesn’t speak English. But basically said he has them made, and to buy one, plus have it shipped to United States it’s 130 euros ($141)….

The Sc00by towel idea is kinda neat.

I don't know why Sp00ky doesn't up their game - and offer goodies like these on their website.
..and spare parts, and a simple Rubber replacement kits ready to go for TNA and models that THEY sell.!! (sorry, I hadn't beaten that "Dead Horse" in awhile.. ).. GRRrrr..

Maybe its a "rights" thing with the image and Scott/Matt Andrews/Spooky.? = but I'm ready to throw money at a cool cover should they decide to offer some "Licensed" products

Looks like you can take images to Walmart on other online places and have them put it on a towel or whatever - but a little shady (illegal?) taking his drawing/artwork and doing it. Would prefer my $$ go to the rightful guys and "Sport - Out" my TNA in the process..

Offering wise = A soft fiber towel like static free cover for us poor folk, a next level offering more of a padded glass protector, and..???

(I kinda want an easy on/off cover just for the bottom cabinet. Iv'e seen the 3bay generic black covers with magnets to secure them..etc - just not sure if I am sold on one of those)

(..just some pics for the idea. Maybe a package deal with her book.?..)

HHH (resized).jpgHHH (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10880 1 year ago

Guys, talk me out of buying a TNA please. I've never played one, but it looks amazing as hell and have always wanted one (I think). Is there anything I should be aware of if I bought one? Any problems? Help me decide, it looks incredible but I don't know that they priced this right at 9k. What are your thoughts? Feel free to pm me if you need to say something extra inflammatory lol.

#10881 1 year ago

If you go back to November-December in this thread, you’ll read some horror stories on issues some have had with NIB games. It seems that the most recent CE’s have been overall good though, and Spookys support is top notch. I picked up a used OG one, saved 2k+, and my machine has been shooting perfect for a few months now. There’s always that option, it’s worth a road trip for if none pop up nearby.

In regards to game itself, it thrives in the home environment with the lights low and an external sub cranked. It’s more like a pinball “experience”

#10882 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys, talk me out of buying a TNA please. I've never played one, but it looks amazing as hell and have always wanted one (I think). Is there anything I should be aware of if I bought one? Any problems? Help me decide, it looks incredible but I don't know that they priced this right at 9k. What are your thoughts? Feel free to pm me if you need to say something extra inflammatory lol.

There are a few locations within a reasonable distance from you with TNA on route. Go play one and see if it’s for you.

#10883 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Here is my list of crappy things about TNA:
- The lightshows only run at 30 frames per second, which is not up to par with modern 4k televisions which can sometimes run at 120fps. This means that every individual RGB LED only updates 30 times every second.
- The animations are glitchy.
- Some of the sound effects are running on 8 bit emulation.
- The references to Goonies in the high score tables are out of date.
- There are no ramps.
- The colors on the cabinet are too bright and loud and do not fit into a minimalist aesthetic.
- The machine can be turned up too loud for most home environments.
- The music in the game can make people who don't like electronically made music, appreciate it.
- There is only 3 flippers.
- The game was designed by a dude with a questionable pinball playing skill level.
- Most people cannot beat the game on default settings.
- Co-op mode enables people to need to be physically near each other.... gross.
- The software gets new updates/bug fixes/features too much.
- They physical score displays only show score and nothing else ever.
- The ball save timer between the flippers has not caught on as an industry standard thing for some reason.
- TNA shares the same boardset as many other production pinball machines from different manufacturers. The designer could not even make his own proprietary boardset.... lame.
- Used too many "off the shelf" Williams/Bally pinball parts.

There are many more crappy things about TNA that I am aware of, but I have to run for now.

Thanks,
--Scott

#10884 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

At launch I refused to buy one at 9K. Now I have one one the way…NIB, at $9K. That’s how great the game is. It will make you lose all sense of rationale and reason.
If you like old Williams system 11 games then you will love it.
I first played TNA when I was just starting to play pinball again (played Pinbot, High Speed & Comet every Saturday at the bowling alley when I was a kid).
Five years ago I played TNA, and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head since. I bought the soundtrack via iTunes, and I play it at least once a month.
As others have said, go play this game. Give the music a few seconds, then plunge and let that bass line hit…and let it pull you in. Cheers!

#10885 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Here is my list of crappy things about TNA:

Nobody knows the Lore or the Backstory;

Who is that girl?
Doesn't she know how to parallel park a tank?
Why are her glasses upside down?
Doesn't that strap chafe?

#10886 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nobody knows the Lore or the Backstory;
Who is that girl?
Doesn't she know how to parallel park a tank?
Why are her glasses upside down?
Doesn't that strap chafe?

Hahahaha although it sounds like not for long…Complete backstory in progress, from the real brains behind the Danesi Dynasty.

#10887 1 year ago

Here's another crappy thing about TNA: it'll always take up 1 pin spot in my basement. Always. Forever and ever. I'll never get that spot back. Ever. Never ever ever.

Ever.

#10888 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

If you’re ever near St Louis (still on IL side though) feel free to hit me up. I also have a Scooby do on order, but won’t get it until end of Nov/beginning of Dec it looks like.

6627436F-D3DF-4B6C-AD7D-C6A4D2781488 (resized).jpeg6627436F-D3DF-4B6C-AD7D-C6A4D2781488 (resized).jpegEE3B24DB-E920-4C38-BA58-D76CE528BE43 (resized).jpegEE3B24DB-E920-4C38-BA58-D76CE528BE43 (resized).jpeg
#10889 1 year ago

Scott D,
Anymore music being added to the jukebox mode. Will the music from your P3 title find its way here?

#10890 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Scott D,
Anymore music being added to the jukebox mode. Will the music from your P3 title find its way here?

TBD on that one.

#10891 1 year ago

Anyone have a high quality image of the triangle logo? Wanting to make some new apron cards...

#10892 1 year ago

<delete>

#10893 1 year ago

Can someone please shoot me a pic of the upper left flipper from under the playfield?

I had a wire break off that coil and noticed a second wire that appeared clipped & going nowhere, so I’m wondering if one of the 3 legs on that coil is supposed to have 2 wires going to it?
Thanks for any help!

#10894 1 year ago

Installed speaker light kit today and noticed my gates up top aren't functioning now. What did I screw up?

#10895 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Can someone please shoot me a pic of the upper left flipper from under the playfield?
I had a wire break off that coil and noticed a second wire that appeared clipped & going nowhere, so I’m wondering if one of the 3 legs on that coil is supposed to have 2 wires going to it?
Thanks for any help!

Had to post here. I cant send via pm

20221212_215018 (resized).jpg20221212_215018 (resized).jpg20221212_213923 (resized).jpg20221212_213923 (resized).jpg
#10896 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Had to post here. I cant send via pm [quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome thanks!
That clears it up for me, apparently I had one wire break off the double leg and one wire break off the opposite end that’s a single wire, was assuming they both went to the same leg but nope.
Cheers

#10897 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Installed speaker light kit today and noticed my gates up top aren't functioning now. What did I screw up?

,,just being curious.. Can you share a pic of the adapter kit and you wiring harness type going to it.?

Iv'e been trying to get spares of those boards - but I think Sp00ky black listed me.. LOL.. I don't want to mess around with mine just incase I break something. The board looks a little tweaked on mine - like the connectors are too big to sit "normally". Maybe one of your wires had a bad crimp? or the interface board has issues? (I think it's the pink ones? - but don't quote me on that)

Reseat? or remove interface and see if the gates work again..? - maybe something to try..

(2 pics and a schematic of my CE setup, and one pic from someones elses install/post)

BACKBOARD6 (7) (resized).jpgBACKBOARD6 (7) (resized).jpgBACKBOARD77 (36) (resized).jpgBACKBOARD77 (36) (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10898 1 year ago

Thanks.

Will snap some photos when I open it back up tomorrow and dick with it a bit.

#10899 1 year ago

I know the topper is a #89 bulb, but has anybody replaced it with a very bright led? I can find tons of them, just curious if there was one that was known to be way brighter than what we have now. Thanks.

#10900 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I know the topper is a #89 bulb, but has anybody replaced it with a very bright led? I can find tons of them, just curious if there was one that was known to be way brighter than what we have now. Thanks.

This is the one I used and was previously posted here a while back that fits without having to do any modifications:

iBrightstar Newest 9-30V Super Bright Low Power 1156 1141 1003 BA15S LED Bulbs with Projector replacement for Tail Brake Lights, Brilliant Red

https://a.co/d/3RRYIzh

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/218 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.