(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 239.
#10651 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Completing all 4 inlanes/outlanes instantly activates a ball save. So when you get 3 of them lit, the last one flashes bright white to tell you that is where your ball save is. If you complete the other 3 lanes again, you will have 2 ball saves on the flashing white light. The color of the other 3 is just indicating what level you are currently working on. Red means you are working on level 1, meaning you don't yet have a ball save to cash in.
See the list below:
Red: Level 1, no ball saves ready (no flashing white)
Orange: Level 2, 1 ball save ready
Yellow: Level 3, 2 ball saves ready
Green: Level 4, 3 ball saves ready
Blue: Level 5, 4 ball saves ready
Purple: Level 6, 5 ball saves ready
Purple is the last level and will not stack any more than that. The 3 lanes will remain purple even after all 3 are qualified.
You get a bonus for unused ball saves at the end of your ball too.
--Scott

Thank you very much for the explanation!

#10652 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Mine was hanging up on the loweer inlane/outlane roller over switches because the ball would wedge between a post/bumper and the metal wire itself due to mis-alignment & wire height - I believe. I tinkered with trying to cut/bend the wire (-they are strong!). But all I had to do was loosen the screws on the bottom of the playfield and I could twist the switch/wire to align better within the "lane" and playfield slot.
On mine, the ball will hang-up on the RH Orbit rollover switch if it is moving slowly. I haven't tried to adjust this one yet - but may try a spacer suggested by another pinsider'. = https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0211-00&Category_Code=[quoted image]

Thank you! I'll try one of those spacers and report back.

#10653 1 year ago

That’s a much better breakdown then what I had written up. Scott will you be at TPF? Would be cool to get a Lionman! on an apron card.

#10654 1 year ago

I will be at TPF!! Definitely come find me.
--Scott

#10655 1 year ago

My TNA CE #58 started having more frequent weak auto plunges, where it would try two or more times to auto launch the ball in the shooter lane. Removed the assembly and found one of the two pins had worked loose, enough to make it spin freely and wobble.
CFB1C43B-F53E-41F6-A97B-25732FA04979 (resized).jpegCFB1C43B-F53E-41F6-A97B-25732FA04979 (resized).jpeg
I let Spooky tech support know in an email, and one week later, I received an entire new mechanism.
14C42C9A-C80C-44A7-860A-6AC1BB63FB19 (resized).jpeg14C42C9A-C80C-44A7-860A-6AC1BB63FB19 (resized).jpeg
Installed and working great again. Thanks, AJ!

#10656 1 year ago
Quoted from EntityClay:shooting the ball at max power

Um wat

#10657 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

My TNA CE #58 started having more frequent weak auto plunges, where it would try two or more times to auto launch the ball in the shooter lane. Removed the assembly and found one of the two pins had worked loose, enough to make it spin freely and wobble.
[quoted image]
I let Spooky tech support know in an email, and one week later, I received an entire new mechanism.
[quoted image]
Installed and working great again. Thanks, AJ!

Mine was also not auto plunging properly, so I looked and the E-ring retaining clip on the right side of the mechanism had disappeared.
autoplunger1 (resized).jpgautoplunger1 (resized).jpg
I got a new clip at the hardware store, but there still seems to be a lot of slop in the mechanism, and the autoplunger is still pretty weak at times. Here is a video that shows the amount of slop:

Is this normal? Am I also missing a pin or some other part? What can I do to reduce the amount of slop?

Max

Edit: Yes I farted

#10658 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

Mine was also not auto plunging properly, so I looked and the E-ring retaining clip on the right side of the mechanism had disappeared.
[quoted image]
I got a new clip at the hardware store, but there still seems to be a lot of slop in the mechanism, and the autoplunger is still pretty weak at times. Here is a video that shows the amount of slop:
Is this normal? Am I also missing a pin or some other part? What can I do to reduce the amount of slop?
Max
Edit: Yes I farted

12A19A7C-ABF1-4D03-BEC9-14A1CCE13DE4 (resized).jpeg12A19A7C-ABF1-4D03-BEC9-14A1CCE13DE4 (resized).jpeg
There should be no gap between this flat piece of metal and the wooden playfield. You need to carefully tighten the screws that hold the auto plunger to the underside of the playfield. That should reduce the amount of play or slop.

#10659 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

There should be no gap between this flat piece of metal and the wooden playfield. You need to carefully tighten the screws that hold the auto plunger to the underside of the playfield. That should reduce the amount of play or slop.

Ok, I tightened two of the screws, but... um... Are there supposed to be screws here?? I see two holes in the plate but no holes in the wood and no screws there.underplunger (resized).jpgunderplunger (resized).jpg

The whole thing also looks misaligned as well -- the plate is not lined up with the wood. How do you fix that??

I don't know if it's the misalignment, but the whole mechanism seems very loose. Here is another video showing just how loose the whole mechanism is.

Max

#10660 1 year ago

Hi Everyone, I just setup TNA CE #55! The butter option was worth it. My dad and I can't stop playing! This is my first pinball machine and I was on the fence about this being my first machine, but I have no regrets. I haven't been able to get a hold of Spooky's tech support yet so I was hoping someone could help me here. My father keeps locking two balls in but never activating the multiball. When the game is over the machine will release both balls but they'll get stuck by the first drop target. I think Scott was describing a solution to the same issue in the linked post. So do I have to adjust the entire drop target housing or can I somehow adjust the drop target itself? I'm not sure exactly how to resolve the issue. It looks like the weight of the two balls is pinning the target against the playfield. Thanks in advance.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/203#post-7340161

image1 - Copy (resized).jpegimage1 - Copy (resized).jpeg

#10661 1 year ago

After being down for 3 1/2 weeks, CE 116 is back up and running!

Thought I'd share some details in case someone else runs into the same or similar issue.

Problem started with the left scoop not ejecting the ball. Seemed like ball search took longer than usual to start as well. After a couple of games like this, I shut the machine off and turned it back on again. After booting, the three drop targets would fire in sequence continuously and a game would not be able to start. I was able to start a game by pressing start immediately after the loading screen on boot up. With the glass off, I noticed many switches no registering at all. Those switches included: left sling, RAD targets, left Destroy target, spinner switch, Grid targets, right Core sling, left scoop opto, and lock optos. Went to tnapinball.com and pulled up the wiring schematics to find all these switches were ran through board SW-16 (#3). Lifted the playfield and noticed all the other SW-16 boards had 3 green LEDs lit on them with the game on. SW-16 (#3) only had 2 lit, and one of those was very dim. No change in board LED behavior with the switch harnesses and/or the serial harness disconnected. Ordered a new SW-16 board from Pinball Life and installed it after it arrived today. Back to flipping!

Thank you namyzzo for sharing your schematics! They came in very handy! And thank you Pinball Life for parts and quick shipping!

Also bought a GREEN numeric display while placing this order with Pinball Life. CE 116 is back to having both numeric displays in green, just as it should be.

0315231939a_HDR (resized).jpg0315231939a_HDR (resized).jpg

#10662 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

Ok, I tightened two of the screws, but... um... Are there supposed to be screws here?? I see two holes in the plate but no holes in the wood and no screws there.[quoted image]
The whole thing also looks misaligned as well -- the plate is not lined up with the wood. How do you fix that??
I don't know if it's the misalignment, but the whole mechanism seems very loose. Here is another video showing just how loose the whole mechanism is.
Max

Here is a look at mine. No screws in that plate either. Mine is a super sloppy fit - due impart to the bushings being split. But it appears others are not really a tight fit either. (not sure, maybe this is intentional.)

So far mine is shooting pretty straight up the ramp. It appears that the "fork" is off-set and just one "branch" is hitting the ball first. Doesn't appear to be much adjusting that you can do - the pin, E-clip and the edge of the plastic bushing prevent most of the Left/Right adjustment that would be required.

Not sure if there is enough slop between the playfield screws and the metal holes to allow any tweaking of the whole asembly.

If I start to have an issue - maybe I'll slot the metal bracket holes a little and make some better bushings for the pin area.

short clip of mine operating =

AUTO-LAUNCHER (1) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (1) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (2) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (2) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (3) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (3) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (4) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (4) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (5) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER (5) (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER1 (resized).jpgAUTO-LAUNCHER1 (resized).jpg
#10663 1 year ago
Quoted from nephasth:

After being down for 3 1/2 weeks, CE 116 is back up and running!
Thought I'd share some details in case someone else runs into the same or similar issue.
Problem started with the left scoop not ejecting the ball. Seemed like ball search took longer than usual to start as well. After a couple of games like this, I shut the machine off and turned it back on again. After booting, the three drop targets would fire in sequence continuously and a game would not be able to start. I was able to start a game by pressing start immediately after the loading screen on boot up. With the glass off, I noticed many switches no registering at all. Those switches included: left sling, RAD targets, left Destroy target, spinner switch, Grid targets, right Core sling, left scoop opto, and lock optos. Went to tnapinball.com and pulled up the wiring schematics to find all these switches were ran through board SW-16 (#3). Lifted the playfield and noticed all the other SW-16 boards had 3 green LEDs lit on them with the game on. SW-16 (#3) only had 2 lit, and one of those was very dim. No change in board LED behavior with the switch harnesses and/or the serial harness disconnected. Ordered a new SW-16 board from Pinball Life and installed it after it arrived today. Back to flipping!

Thank you namyzzo for sharing your schematics! They came in very handy! And thank you Pinball Life for parts and quick shipping!
Also bought a GREEN numeric display while placing this order with Pinball Life. CE 116 is back to having both numeric displays in green, just as it should be.
[quoted image]

Awesome to hear you got it up and running - but if it's a CE - shouldn't it still be under warranty? Why buy the part, why not have Spooky ship you one? They sent me a new board right away when requested - think I literally got it the next day. Mine was the drop target bank one that sort of caused a similar behavior of the drops cycling over and over - new board fixed it.

#10664 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Awesome to hear you got it up and running - but if it's a CE - shouldn't it still be under warranty? Why buy the part, why not have Spooky ship you one? They sent me a new board right away when requested - think I literally got it the next day. Mine was the drop target bank one that sort of caused a similar behavior of the drops cycling over and over - new board fixed it.

Very good question. They told me they'd ship the parts 2 weeks ago... Still nothing. My emails go unreplied for many days. I've called, get told the parts will ship out... Verify my shipping address... Nothing. It got to the point of I'd rather buy the parts myself to get it running again than wait around forever on them or hound them constantly to ship something they've told me multiple times would "ship out".

Order from Pinball Life and I have what I need in less than a week.

#10665 1 year ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Very good question. They told me they'd ship the parts 2 weeks ago... Still nothing. My emails go unreplied for many days. I've called, get told the parts will ship out... Verify my shipping address... Nothing. It got to the point of I'd rather buy the parts myself to get it running again than wait around forever on them or hound them constantly to ship something they've told me multiple times would "ship out".
Order from Pinball Life and I have what I need in less than a week.

Bummer. Luckily the boards for this system are very affordable. I guess playing is better than waiting forever, I'd still keep pinging them to remind them to send it - at least then you'd have a backup when it finally does show up!

#10666 1 year ago

On the topic of parts - I have started my collection of spare/back up parts for various reasons. One of which is availability in the future (PBL has been a goto site - but even they couldn't get me a driver board and these 2 little custom "interconnect" boards - and Sp00ky is all about Sc00by so my requests are low on their list of things to do).

Finding part numbers to properly catalog - is an ongoing challenge. Sp00ky's "support" page has some info on other models - but it seems like they have less for the TNA. Kinda rude.. LOL..

..Thought I would share my current list as .jpg for anyone interested in a quick reference.

You can also go here for the complete info = https://1drv.ms/o/s!AoDwx_jIFCa6kUf7FehU33ymlQPj?e=A5Qyhy

If anyone has more info to add - please post it!.. everything helps!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#10667 1 year ago

Spooky asked me to call them today about how we are going to resolve this nonsense.

...I got their answering machine twice.

#10668 1 year ago

Quick question for the group. Just traded a TNA out. The new owner got it home and the aftermarket pop bumper top had fallen off in transport. It was a mod that came with it when I got it and I'm not sure how it was attached. Can anyone who installed one of these let me know how they are attached so I can give him good advice on fixing it up? Thanks!

TNA2333 (resized).jpgTNA2333 (resized).jpg
#10669 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Quick question for the group. Just traded a TNA out. The new owner got it home and the aftermarket pop bumper top had fallen off in transport. It was a mod that came with it when I got it and I'm not sure how it was attached. Can anyone who installed one of these let me know how they are attached so I can give him good advice on fixing it up? Thanks!
[quoted image]

It attaches with 3M double sided tape, like what’s used for car trim.

#10670 1 year ago

I ended up having to super glue mine.

#10671 1 year ago

Spooky emailed me this morning and basically again said "no returns. all transactions final."

Dispute filed.

NEVER buy directly from Spooky.

#10672 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Spooky emailed me this morning and basically again said "no returns. all transactions final."
Dispute filed.

Sorry to hear that.
Oof.. your shared experience shows how nice it is to find a distributor who will work with you.

Automated Services worked with me on Wonka LE last year that had cosmetic damage that could not been seen from outside the box. My wife signed off on it and we did what was instructed on the BIL.

Automated Services called me directly and reluctantly shipped me an another game on their expense.. lost some money for shipping fees ($550 each way).

They made it right…. Sucks Spooky chosen this path. Your situation is different.

I will buy again from Automated Services next time.

#10673 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:Spooky emailed me this morning and basically again said "no returns. all transactions final."
Dispute filed.

Wow.

That sucks! Sorry man. Good luck.

#10674 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Dispute filed.

Yeah I've had a couple of Spooky's. Bought Rick and Morty direct and sold it for 50% more than I paid. Loved the 2 TNAs I've rotated through the basement and never had an issue beyond drop target springs and a board reset. After seeing Haloween/Ultraman, problems like yours on this pin, and some of the things going on with Spooky I'm out of the Spooky hype wagon. I may consider a Spooky again, but it would be second hand after confirmation everything worked. NIB from Spooky is too risky at this point in time and it's a shame because some of their designer's games like TNA here are amazing.

#10675 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

[quoted image]

I used a couple couple dots of clear gorilla glue. The tape sucked.

#10676 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

On the topic of parts - I have started my collection of spare/back up parts for various reasons. One of which is availability in the future (PBL has been a goto site - but even they couldn't get me a driver board and these 2 little custom "interconnect" boards - and Sp00ky is all about Sc00by so my requests are low on their list of things to do).
Finding part numbers to properly catalog - is an ongoing challenge. Sp00ky's "support" page has some info on other models - but it seems like they have less for the TNA. Kinda rude.. LOL..
..Thought I would share my current list as .jpg for anyone interested in a quick reference.
You can also go here for the complete info = https://1drv.ms/o/s!AoDwx_jIFCa6kUf7FehU33ymlQPj?e=A5Qyhy
If anyone has more info to add - please post it!.. everything helps![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The website tnapinball.com which redirects to scottdanesi.com has documentation and parts information, since Scott designed the game and Spooky just built it.
And if you don’t see it there, use the contact me link and Scott will reply.

#10677 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Dispute filed.

Quite surprising they wouldn’t send out enough parts to fix the game. Would think that would be easier than dealing with a dispute.

#10678 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

Ok, I tightened two of the screws, but... um... Are there supposed to be screws here?? I see two holes in the plate but no holes in the wood and no screws there.[quoted image]
Max

As others have said, that part of the plate on mine doesn’t have screws or holes in the playfield to accept screws. The only issue with mine was one of the two pins where the metal e-clips fits was loose. Both pins should be tight, otherwise there will be too much sideways movement. The new one Spooky sent and I installed is working great.

#10679 1 year ago

Hi there , i haven't gone through this entire thread, only a few pages, so of course on the first one, I will answer a question about scott, "yes scott is a genius" this game gives me incredible sensations and when he leaves my home, I would be very sad.
I am not the owner of the game, it was lent to me for a while so that I could make some modifications.
mainly the sides rails.
the game was equipped with light strips found at Hooked on pinball, lighting not very powerful and animation not terrible.
we have designed a program in interaction with the game.
on ignition, small sequence, a kind of neutron simulation revolving around the uranium element which ends up meeting it and causing fission, then, when the reactor is overloaded, the sides turn green in pulsation mode, each mounted by temperature sends information that changes to red, and when the reactor is destroyed, explosion in red then the status goes back to purple in pulsation.
this mod is not plug and play, you have to dig the cabinet, there is a good day's work, the longest being to unplug and locate all the connectors
I made a short video of the installation., it's in french but easy to understand the process
IMG_20230317_214535_taille_reelle (resized).jpgIMG_20230317_214535_taille_reelle (resized).jpgDSC03599_grande (resized).jpgDSC03599_grande (resized).jpg

#10680 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

As others have said, that part of the plate on mine doesn’t have screws or holes in the playfield to accept screws. The only issue with mine was one of the two pins where the metal e-clips fits was loose. Both pins should be tight, otherwise there will be too much sideways movement. The new one Spooky sent and I installed is working great.

Thanks for the info. After two emails to Spooky with the videos showing how loose my autolauncher is, they are sending me a new mechanism. When it arrives, I will wrench on my machine a bit and let you know how it goes.

Interesting about the screw holes with no screws, though. I suppose putting screws so close to the edge of the wood would risk other issues, so they decided not to put any screws there? Because it does seem like another screw would help stabilize the whole mechanism better.

Max

#10681 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Hi there , i haven't gone through this entire thread, only a few pages, so of course on the first one, I will answer a question about scott, "yes scott is a genius" this game gives me incredible sensations and when he leaves my home, I would be very sad.
I am not the owner of the game, it was lent to me for a while so that I could make some modifications.
mainly the sides rails.
the game was equipped with light strips found at Hooked on pinball, lighting not very powerful and animation not terrible.
on ignition, small sequence, a kind of neutron simulation revolving around the uranium element which ends up meeting it and causing fission, then, when the reactor is overloaded, the sides turn green in pulsation mode, each mounted by temperature sends information that changes to red, and when the reactor is destroyed, explosion in red then the status goes back to purple in pulsation.
this mod is not plug and play, you have to dig the cabinet, there is a good day's work, the longest being to unplug and locate all the connectors
I made a short video of the installation., it's in french but easy to understand the process
[quoted image][quoted image]

Although not a very accurate representation of the fission process (the neutron travels in a straight path before interacting with a Uranium atom to cause fission), this mod is frickin' amazing! And beautiful!

#10682 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

mainly the sides rails.

That’s amazing! Looked like a pretty intense install process that I don’t think many would undertake.

#10683 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

mainly the sides rails.

INCREDIBLE! I have to admit...when I saw you plunge into the cabinet with the router I actually cringed a bit...but the finished result is amazing. Are you running it off of an Arduino? How do you trigger each color mode?

Bravo!!

#10684 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

The website tnapinball.com which redirects to scottdanesi.com has documentation and parts information, since Scott designed the game and Spooky just built it.
And if you don’t see it there, use the contact me link and Scott will reply.

Trust me - Iv'e spent hours researching both sites. Scott is awesome, extremely helpful and usually replies within hours. AJ at Sp00ky is generally nice to talk to.

I bought mine from Sp00ky and since I'm a n00b3 to pinball, I guess maybe naively expected them to be the portal to support it properly - not Scott or the other individuals involved in its creation.

Scott's site has the best info and Sp00ky has a "manual" - but theres no "One Stop Shop" for me. I created the parts list/schematics to help support this awesome game and save others time. Once you dig into it you may see some real common parts used by other manufacturers - and some custom parts. I am amazed to learn at how much Scott has really designed himself and all his other creations.

Back to the point of parts. How fast do you need answers and replacement parts. Are you a home user or someone trying to make a living off these machines. If the Greys come and take the designer back to their home planet, the government flags TNA internet searches due to possible terrorist activity or Spooky closes up shop = Who Ya Gonna Call..?.. (sorry, lol)..

Some background on my journey. Probably one of my latest and stupidest quests was getting info about the RED rotating beacon topper (I must have OCD). Spent hours/days trying to find information about this online. Sp00ky doesn't really give out part numbers - I asked several times for it. Their receipts will not really show anything useful in terms of cataloging the information.. (I get that possibly they want to keep info secret, don't have man power to handle these cry-baby requests or maybe have other future intentions). Anyhoo - Several weeks in trying - and I finally got a spare beacon from Spooky. .. Moving on...

Try and find the exact Red Beacon Topper replacement = when Spooky wont reply, can't be found on PBL, Marco doesn't list it, theres no discerning manufacturer markings on the device and other sites dont even have a "Spooky" subcategory... I'll wait... ..Standing by...

There is a CRAP-TON that you will find doing internet searches - but trying to find the exact one was a biatch'... Thankfully, for some reason - I did a search using the name I seen on the coindoor - of all places. Right near the coin slot it said "Suzo Happ".. Who would have thought.!!.. I had never heard or seen anything about this company in all my internet searches.. But sure enough there it was... https://na.suzohapp.com/products/accessories/95-0115-10I

Think everything else will be easy to find?. Surely Stern/Williams would have used it before? = try finding a replacement or information about the 2 little "daughter" boards that attach to the lower PD-16 Driver Board... again, I'll wait.. ..
PBL = these guys are awesome. However they currently cannot supply it.
Sp00ky = 2.5 weeks and still waiting for an invoice..
Scott = don't want to bother him. Not an urgent need. I have nothing but time and could probably e-mail Scott daily asking about parts - but I realize that he has a life and is working on bigger projects.

(..just a side note.. I maintain/add parts and assemblies on an automotive based web site as well as maintain a separate internal database with BOM and cross-reference info for the local store front-and so-on,etc... Trying to catalog TNA is just me having fun.. Cant play pinball all the time - lol. keep tinkering and maybe I'll come up with a complete manual in a single .pdf file thats worthy of Scotts website someday..)

#10685 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

mainly the sides rails.

OMG.!!

When I heard and seen the power tool - I knew it was getting serious.. I was scared for a minute. lol

Great job. Awesome modification.

#10686 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

..just curious = is it still kinda sloppy in nature where the pin and plastic bushings meet? not really the pin in and out motion - but twisting motion. my plastic bushings seem a little too - big if not intentional.

If you get bored - maybe post a video?. Curious to see

#10687 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

INCREDIBLE! I have to admit...when I saw you plunge into the cabinet with the router I actually cringed a bit...but the finished result is amazing. Are you running it off of an Arduino? How do you trigger each color mode?
Bravo!!

yes , i use a pro mini
I use the different signals that are sent to the gyro. I had started by analyzing the data arriving at the different FPGA boards but it was quite complicated and would have taken a lot of time. I opted for a faster decryption

#10688 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Trust me - Iv'e spent hours researching both sites. Scott is awesome, extremely helpful and usually replies within hours. AJ at Sp00ky is generally nice to talk to.
I bought mine from Sp00ky and since I'm a n00b3 to pinball, I guess maybe naively expected them to be the portal to support it properly - not Scott or the other individuals involved in its creation.
Scott's site has the best info and Sp00ky has a "manual" - but theres no "One Stop Shop" for me. I created the parts list/schematics to help support this awesome game and save others time. Once you dig into it you may see some real common parts used by other manufacturers - and some custom parts. I am amazed to learn at how much Scott has really designed himself and all his other creations.
Back to the point of parts. How fast do you need answers and replacement parts. Are you a home user or someone trying to make a living off these machines. If the Greys come and take the designer back to their home planet, the government flags TNA internet searches due to possible terrorist activity or Spooky closes up shop = Who Ya Gonna Call..?.. (sorry, lol)..
Some background on my journey. Probably one of my latest and stupidest quests was getting info about the RED rotating beacon topper (I must have OCD). Spent hours/days trying to find information about this online. Sp00ky doesn't really give out part numbers - I asked several times for it. Their receipts will not really show anything useful in terms of cataloging the information.. (I get that possibly they want to keep info secret, don't have man power to handle these cry-baby requests or maybe have other future intentions). Anyhoo - Several weeks in trying - and I finally got a spare beacon from Spooky. .. Moving on...
Try and find the exact Red Beacon Topper replacement = when Spooky wont reply, can't be found on PBL, Marco doesn't list it, theres no discerning manufacturer markings on the device and other sites dont even have a "Spooky" subcategory... I'll wait... ..Standing by...
There is a CRAP-TON that you will find doing internet searches - but trying to find the exact one was a biatch'... Thankfully, for some reason - I did a search using the name I seen on the coindoor - of all places. Right near the coin slot it said "Suzo Happ".. Who would have thought.!!.. I had never heard or seen anything about this company in all my internet searches.. But sure enough there it was... https://na.suzohapp.com/products/accessories/95-0115-10I
Think everything else will be easy to find?. Surely Stern/Williams would have used it before? = try finding a replacement or information about the 2 little "daughter" boards that attach to the lower PD-16 Driver Board... again, I'll wait.. ..
PBL = these guys are awesome. However they currently cannot supply it.
Sp00ky = 2.5 weeks and still waiting for an invoice..
Scott = don't want to bother him. Not an urgent need. I have nothing but time and could probably e-mail Scott daily asking about parts - but I realize that he has a life and is working on bigger projects.
(..just a side note.. I maintain/add parts and assemblies on an automotive based web site as well as maintain a separate internal database with BOM and cross-reference info for the local store front-and so-on,etc... Trying to catalog TNA is just me having fun.. Cant play pinball all the time - lol. keep tinkering and maybe I'll come up with a complete manual in a single .pdf file thats worthy of Scotts website someday..)

I am truly thankful for all you’ve done putting this together, the pinball companies should hire you as by far the most comprehensive collection of support for this machine.

Thank you

#10689 1 year ago

for the record spooky luke told me this was an option in person at tpf.

Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

just got email on my TNA # 94. I'd like to pickup the machine in person as they are 2 hours away but they are only open M-Thur 7-5. Im opting for the butter cabinet but a little disappointed in their boo-utique customer service and inability to pickup outside the posted hours. How big is Benton. I guess I'll ship it but expected more from them and their branding.

Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

just got email on my TNA # 94. I'd like to pickup the machine in person as they are 2 hours away but they are only open M-Thur 7-5. Im opting for the butter cabinet but a little disappointed in their boo-utique customer service and inability to pickup outside the posted hours. How big is Benton. I guess I'll ship it but expected more from them and their branding.

#10690 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

I am truly thankful for all you’ve done putting this together, the pinball companies should hire you as by far the most comprehensive collection of support for this machine.
Thank you

..That would be cool.!.. I could work remotely from home = all they have to do is send me each new model so I can trace all the wiring.. lol ( I wouldn't mind starting with a Sp00ky Doo, if anyones listening.. Haha..)

-happy to contribute,

#10691 1 year ago

..got off the schematics for a minute and was testing the waters to see what a "Parts Listing" one might look like. Little different and hardly any info.. Might make the manual a little thicker anyways

..will update/correct as I learn more.. As always "Use With Caution"..

TNA_CE-BACKBOX-EXTERNAL (resized).jpgTNA_CE-BACKBOX-EXTERNAL (resized).jpgTNA_CE-BACKBOX-INTERNAL (resized).jpgTNA_CE-BACKBOX-INTERNAL (resized).jpg
#10692 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Dispute filed.

Best of luck, hoping Chase sorts it out for you,

I have had nothing but headaches dealing with Morgan trying to get parts for games. I was supposed to receive communication regarding my issues after speaking with AJ but nothing after weeks.
My Scooby isn't too bad by any means and certainly not nearly as bad as your TNA but the fact that so many issues exist and no real communication from Spooky is less than customer friendly.

I'm also out on buying NIB Spooky games. Probably done with Spooky entirely because getting parts that only Spooky can supply is long journey in my experience.

#10693 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Can someone please post a fix for the becon light? Mine sounds like a rock tumbler.
I tried lubricating the gears as Bryan Kelly suggests, but I think there’s more to it.
Fixed: put super lube down the outside edge of the bulb socket. This kept the plastic reflector from rattling back and forth when spinning which is where the sound is coming from.

What screws are used to remove that red cover on the beacon? I can't tell what those are

#10694 1 year ago

You guys know if any CEs are still available out there and they only available through Spooky direct?

#10695 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

What screws are used to remove that red cover on the beacon? I can't tell what those are

From the Happ site:

T-10 Torx tamperproof screws used to retain dome for added security.  

Quoted from FalconDriver:

You guys know if any CEs are still available out there and they only available through Spooky direct?

Still available from Spooky, think last rumor was they sold about 200, but just a guess:

http://shop.spookypinball.com/tna-2-0-initial-payment-2000-p145.php

Then you can look at the market on Pinside if anyone has a used one available:

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/total-nuclear-annihilation-20/market

#10696 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

If you’re looking to buy from a distro Zach from Flip n Out recently announced partnership with spooky.

If you’re wanting NIB route with a distro. Reach out to Zach to see what they can do for you.

#10697 1 year ago

When starting the multi-ball, is it supposed to take the game a few seconds after the balls are released for it to realize that the multi-ball has been started?

On my game there is like a 5 seconds delay after starting mulit-ball untill the game registers it, if that makes sense.

#10698 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

If you’re looking to buy from a distro Zach from Flip n Out recently announced partnership with spooky.
If you’re wanting NIB route with a distro. Reach out to Zach to see what they can do for you.

Thanks!

#10699 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Spooky cut all distributors out of the TNA CEs…. Wouldn’t hurt to reach out to Zach, but I doubt Spooky would allow it, as it’d piss off the other distributors.

#10700 1 year ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

When starting the multi-ball, is it supposed to take the game a few seconds after the balls are released for it to realize that the multi-ball has been started?
On my game there is like a 5 seconds delay after starting mulit-ball untill the game registers it, if that makes sense.

No, the song should change and go instantly into multiball when the drop target is hit to release the balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/214 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.