(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 239.
#10051 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

TNA CE #186 on its way to Colorado! It's my first pin, so I'm very excited. Looking to promptly pair it with a more "casual" option, maybe Rush or Cactus Canyon or Elvira - it's so hard to choose.
Picked up the Flashinstinct decals and the extended return lane protectors from PBL (among some other care and maintenance items), ready to go! Crossing my fingers for successful shipping; fully aware of some of the problems people are having w/ their NIB machines.
Interestingly, I was told the butter cabinet option was no longer available, for whatever that's worth to anyone looking to buy one of the remaining ~60 or so.

Congrats Johnny! Really happy you got one, and it sounds like it was shipped out fast. You might end up getting it before I pick up my 1.0 in a few weeks.

#10052 1 year ago

Sorry for posting in multiple forums...

CE #1 here...just arrived today...BROKE!

-Every coil controlled by the PD-16 board running to connector "A5-xxx" are dead. Going into the coil test, and during game play. Backbox GI, Beacon, Shaker Motor, upper flipper, etc.
(Checked all fuses and reseated connectors on the PD-16 boards in the backbox)

- All LED score displays are dead. 5v is present at the display board. Tried reseating the USB cable. Tried swapping to a different USB port. Totally dead.

Anyone have any ideas? Just a wee bit frustrated after waiting for months...

20230103_204537 (resized).jpg20230103_204537 (resized).jpg

#10053 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

-Every coil controlled by board A5 are dead. Going into the coil test, and during game play. Gackbox GI, Beacon, shaker, upper flipper, etc.
(Checked all fuses and reseated connectors on the boards in the backbox)
- All LED score displays are dead. 5v is present at the display board. Tried reseating the USB cable. Tried swapping to a different USB port. Totally dead.
[quoted image]

Have you tried checking the connections at the power distribution board? It's at the back right of the lower cabinet. Maybe a connector came loose during its journey to you. I would check that the wires are punched completely into the connectors as well.

#10054 1 year ago

-Every coil controlled by board A5 are dead. Going into the coil test, and during game play. Gackbox GI, Beacon, shaker, upper flipper, etc.
(Checked all fuses and reseated connectors on the boards in the backbox)
[quoted image]

FYI... The two P3 boards in the backbox can be swapped for troubleshooting purposes. Just make sure the dip-switch positions are swapped as well, so be sure to take pictures.

#10055 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:FYI... The two P3 boards in the backbox can be swapped for troubleshooting purposes. Just make sure the dip-switch positions are swapped as well, so be sure to take pictures.

Thanks! I swapped the boards and the problem moved. Looks like a bad P-3 board. I've emailed Spooky

#10056 1 year ago

Anyone recommend an adjustment for this scenario: left or right orbit shot -> gate stops ball, but bounces it directly back around the orbit and down to the flippers. I'd say, 9 out of 10 orbit shots that should be stopped and diverted into the reactor core end up bouncing all the way back around. Playfield is level, set at 6.5. All settings are default.

#10057 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

Interestingly, I was told the butter cabinet option was no longer available, for whatever that's worth to anyone looking to buy one of the remaining ~60 or so.

Shifted butter production to Scooby would be my guess

#10058 1 year ago

Thanks! I swapped the boards and the problem moved. Looks like a bad P-3 board. I've emailed Spooky

Awesome! Still a bummer your TNA isn’t working but at least you know how to fix the issue and it won’t cost you anything. My OG TNA 189 is still going strong with minimal issues.

#10059 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

One for Power Distribution Filter Board
<use with CAUTION>[quoted image]

Whew.!.

Here is another one. Basic schematic for SW-16 (#0), coin door area, flippers..etc

(also - since someone posted the sub box opened - I was able to redo one of the power distribution schematics)

As always - <Use With Caution>

TNA_CE-POWERDIST_132023 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-POWERDIST_132023 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SW-16_0_132023 (resized).jpgTNA_CE-SW-16_0_132023 (resized).jpg
#10060 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Whew.!.
Here is another one. Basic schematic for SW-16 (#0), coin door area, flippers..etc
(also - since someone posted the sub box opened - I was able to redo one of the power distribution schematics)
As always - <Use With Caution>[quoted image][quoted image]

You are awesome sir for taking the time to map this out. Its spaghetti soup underneath. You effort is appreciated!

#10061 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Whew.!.

I'm printing these as you make them and have bound myself together an actual paper manual. Thanks for your effort and kindness to offer it to the rest of us!

#10062 1 year ago

Spooky is still doing the Hot Glue on connectors? lol

Gheeez. That didn't work for the first run of TNA.

I had to constantly lift my playfield and reseat ribbon cables almost weekly.

For the drop targets, and little numeric displays. @@#@$%%!

#10063 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Spooky is still doing the Hot Glue on connectors? lol
Gheeez. That didn't work for the first run of TNA.
I had to constantly lift my playfield and reseat ribbon cables almost weekly.
For the drop targets, and little numeric displays. @@#@$%%!

My Cactus Canyon SE used hot glue on some of the connectors. Not as much as Spooky but I figured it was normal. Does Stern use any hot glue on their new pins? I've only owned a MET and I don't recall seeing any.

#10064 1 year ago

My buddy has a TNA 2.0 CE and just texted me that the upper flipper died. I'm going to go over this evening and try and help him out.

Any ideas where to start? I've never worked on a TNA before, but have experience with spike 2 sterns. Thanks!

#10065 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

My buddy has a TNA 2.0 CE and just texted me that the upper flipper died. I'm going to go over this evening and try and help him out.
Any ideas where to start? I've never worked on a TNA before, but have experience with spike 2 sterns. Thanks!

If it's just the flipper that stopped working, I imagine it will be something obvious once the PF is lifted (spring snapped off, bad solder connection on a wire).

#10066 1 year ago

Probably a solder connection on the coil, have had it happen on my original run TNA a few times.

#10067 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Anyone recommend an adjustment for this scenario: left or right orbit shot -> gate stops ball, but bounces it directly back around the orbit and down to the flippers. I'd say, 9 out of 10 orbit shots that should be stopped and diverted into the reactor core end up bouncing all the way back around. Playfield is level, set at 6.5. All settings are default.

Turn the game off and whip a ball around both orbits and see if it does the same thing. When the game is off, both gates should be at the resting position and will capture the ball and not let it escape down the orbits. If it does get by, then you just need to make a small adjustment to it to make sure it is fully at rest. The spring is probably twisted or stuck.
--Scott

#10068 1 year ago

Occam’s razor troubleshooting - start with the left flipper button leaf switches. The left flipper button has the extra leaf that controls the upper flipper.

Mine also “stopped working” when I added lighted flipper buttons. Subtle difference in length to the plastic buttons. Just needed a leaf adjustment.

#10069 1 year ago

Anyone have a full Cliffy set for sale? Ordered one from Cliff, but he informed me he is way behind. Didn't give an ETA but I suspect it to be a few months.

#10070 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Anyone have a full Cliffy set for sale? Ordered one from Cliff, but he informed me he is way behind. Didn't give an ETA but I suspect it to be a few months.

Mine just shipped yesterday from Cliff. I ordered them in September. Your estimate is right on.

#10071 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Mine just shipped yesterday from Cliff. I ordered them in September. Your estimate is right on.

He actually told me he was still working on September orders. An honest man! Hopefully wear doesn’t get too bad because I’ll probably put 500 plays on it before I get them.

#10072 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

He actually told me he was still working on September orders. An honest man! Hopefully wear doesn’t get too bad because I’ll probably put 500 plays on it before I get them.

I'm actually not going to use most of them now that I have mine dialed in. Two small squares of mylar near the scoop will prevent wear and tear, so I really just wanted them for the shooter lane.

#10073 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I'm actually not going to use most of them now that I have mine dialed in. Two small squares of mylar near the scoop will prevent wear and tear, so I really just wanted them for the shooter lane.

Would you place them on the left/right side aligned next to the scoop edge?

No reason to place one in the front side? Just wondering what folks done.

#10074 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

If you search Cliffy on this thread, there’s a lot of discussion. Doing exactly what you said is what I believe many did on their OG’s. Or they did Cliffy with Mylar transition to help smooth it.

Shooter lane on mine looked to already have some wear, so definitely want it for that. Has me curious if anyone put a PinDefender in theres that I’ve seen advertised here.

#10075 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So I wasn't the first owner, originally there was no protection. I cleaned up the affected area nicely and applied two small squares of mylar on the left and right side. Since I have done this, it has looked the same, it has not gotten worse at all. I'm very pleased.

IMG_0245 (resized).jpgIMG_0245 (resized).jpg
#10076 1 year ago

Why not a piece on the front center?

#10077 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Why not a piece on the front center?

You can if you want, mine didn't have any evidence of damage in front of the scoop so I left it alone.

#10078 1 year ago

Thanks for details as that helped/confirm my interpretation.

Never thought of adding one to the shooter lane. I’ll look into that

#10079 1 year ago

Greetings everyone, been playing my TNA CE and had a quick question.

For those that have had a TNA for a while or one with a lot of plays, how has the Bader playfield held up overall?

I’m debating if I should get a spare playfield while I can or if it’s even needed? I’m not concerned about dimpling or the scoop areas, but just in general. I did what a lot of others did and surrounded the main scoop with Mylar, but now thinking I can remove the piece on the front? Just curious what everyone’s experience has been.

Thanks for the help and input.

Now gotta save up for my next Spooky pin.

#10080 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

If it's just the flipper that stopped working, I imagine it will be something obvious once the PF is lifted (spring snapped off, bad solder connection on a wire).

Thanks for the advice everyone. Quickly diagnosed as a cold solder joint on the coil lug that probably broke off due to vibration. A quick repair and back in business!

IMG_6066.jpgIMG_6066.jpg
#10081 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Greetings everyone, been playing my TNA CE and had a quick question.
For those that have had a TNA for a while or one with a lot of plays, how has the Bader playfield held up overall?
I’m debating if I should get a spare playfield while I can or if it’s even needed? I’m not concerned about dimpling or the scoop areas, but just in general. I did what a lot of others did and surrounded the main scoop with Mylar, but now thinking I can remove the piece on the front? Just curious what everyone’s experience has been.
Thanks for the help and input.
Now gotta save up for my next Spooky pin.

I have had an original TNA for quite a while. Thousands of plays and I have taken it to MGC 3 times, where it gets around 400+ plays for the weekend. No protectors and my playfield looks fine.

#10082 1 year ago

A follow-up so far on CE#1's malfunctions and Spooky's customer service. Issue #1: Multiple coils stopped working after 2-3 games. Coils are controlled by one of the two PD-16 boards in the backbox, and all coils being operated by one of these boards are inoperative. Upon close inspection of the PD-16 board, after boot-up the D14 Watchdog LED remains lit (which is abnormal). Nearby, there I found a blown SMD IC on the board at position U2. I'm trying to identify what it is (printed code: QA AM JW). Spooky has agreed to ship a replacement PD-16 board. If I can identify the type of SMD component it is, I may attempt to fix the board. Looks like possibly it's a Linear Voltage Regulator in a SOT-23-5 package.
Issue #2: The score displays are all inoperative. The board is getting 5v (polarity was correct when the game arrived) and the USB connections from the Pi to the Arduino Nano are secure. Spooky is shipping a replacement score display.
Issue #3: The backglass is washed out. Spooky sending a replacement.
Issue #4: The metal tab in the shooter lane is missing: Spooky is sending the part.

Overall, AJ was very helpful yesterday, quick to reply to my messages, and promised a quick shipment of the parts. My buddy Boosterfive also got his CE#66, so I have been able to at least play his game a bit, as well as using for visually comparative troubleshooting.

Photos of the blown (and unblown) SMD component if anyone would be able to help ID it.

20230104_171928 (resized).jpg20230104_171928 (resized).jpg20230104_175154 (resized).jpg20230104_175154 (resized).jpg20230104_170125 (resized).jpg20230104_170125 (resized).jpg

#10083 1 year ago

A follow-up so far on CE#1's malfunctions and Spooky's customer service. Issue #1: Multiple coils stopped working after 2-3 games. Coils are controlled by one of the two PD-16 boards in the backbox, and all coils being operated by one of these boards are inoperative. Upon close inspection of the PD-16 board, after boot-up the D14 Watchdog LED remains lit (which is abnormal). Nearby, there I found a blown SMD IC on the board at position U2. I'm trying to identify what it is (printed code: QA AM JW). Spooky has agreed to ship a replacement PD-16 board. If I can identify the type of SMD component it is, I may attempt to fix the board. Looks like possibly it's a Linear Voltage Regulator in a SOT-23-5 package.
Issue #2: The score displays are all inoperative. The board is getting 5v (polarity was correct when the game arrived) and the USB connections from the Pi to the Arduino Nano are secure. Spooky is shipping a replacement score display.
Issue #4: The metal tab in the shooter lane is missing: Spooky is sending the part.
Overall, AJ was very helpful yesterday, quick to reply to my messages, and promised a quick shipment of the parts. My buddy Boosterfive also got his CE#66, so I have been able to at least play his game a bit, as well as using for visually comparative troubleshooting.
Photos of the blown (and unblown) SMD component if anyone would be able to help ID it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow... That is just unfortunate events, but at least Spooky was quickly responsive to your claims. I'm TNA CE #2 and did not experience any of these hardware failures. I wonder during the shipping process could impact your issues, but hard to think so with these kind of hardware failures. Unless a certain connector was loose that provides the board sufficient power to operate? Just wondering...

All I had was cosmetic issues with my art decals. Glad I did not get Butter. Hopefully your Backglass comes in one piece on the first shot. Mine was a broken puzzle, but Spooky's 2nd replacement worked out.

Soon... You will be flipping this sweet game in your own home.

#10084 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Wow... That is just unfortunate events, but at least Spooky was quickly responsive to your claims. I'm TNA CE #2 and did not experience any of these hardware failures. I wonder during the shipping process could impact your issues, but hard to think so with these kind of hardware failures. Unless a certain connector was loose that provides the board sufficient power to operate? Just wondering...
All I had was cosmetic issues with my art decals. Glad I did not get Butter. Hopefully your Backglass comes in one piece on the first shot. Mine was a broken puzzle, but Spooky's 2nd replacement worked out.
Soon... You will be flipping this sweet game in your own home.

It's hard to know what the root cause of the problems are. Voltages check out fine (5.3v, 12.4v, & 48-ish volts). I verified polarity of the wire harnesses and everything looks fine. My buddy's #66 was shipped here along with mine (2 separate pallets) and had no problems or damage (other than a faded backglass). Another thing I noticed is that the tilt bob brackets were mounted completely misaligned (no biggie). Just took a few minutes to re-mount it properly. Who inspected your machine #2?

#10085 1 year ago

It's hard to know what the root cause of the problems are. Voltages check out fine (5.3v, 12.4v, & 48-ish volts). I verified polarity of the wire harnesses and everything looks fine. My buddy's #66 was shipped here along with mine (2 separate pallets) and had no problems or damage (other than a faded backglass). Another thing I noticed is that the tilt bob brackets were mounted completely misaligned (no biggie). Just took a few minutes to re-mount it properly. Who inspected your machine #2?

Seems like Peters has been the main inspector for most of these TNA games.

14D27D6E-55A5-45D9-94BB-B6D6FA5CD747 (resized).jpeg14D27D6E-55A5-45D9-94BB-B6D6FA5CD747 (resized).jpeg
#10086 1 year ago

You know.. I never put my tilt bob on. How did you know it was not mounted correctly? Was it because you know your standard placement of the tilt bob and realized it would not let you insert it to that position without the tilt being triggered instantly?

#10087 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

You know.. I never put my tilt bob on. How did you know it was not mounted correctly? Was it because you know your standard placement of the tilt bob and realized it would not let you insert it to that position without the tilt being triggered instantly?

On my machine the lower bracket is too low/upper bracket too high to allow the tilt bob to be attached.

On my buddy's machine the lower bracket was mounted too far aft. Because of where they put the screw, no amount of adjustment would allow the tilt bob to sit in the middle of the lower ring. Simple fix in both cases. Just drill a new hole and remount the lower ring.

#10088 1 year ago

My tilt Bob bracket was also completely misaligned. Resulted in instant tilt. Easy fix but annoying yet another issue.

#10089 1 year ago

TNA 2.0 CE #66 here. As mentioned by Duffysarcade my game is in good working condition despite a washed out backglass and missing shooter rod piece to prevent the ball from falling down into the bottom of the cabinet. (Which has not ever happened after close to 100 games.)

I'm very happy with the game, and very happy I was able to get it. I would echo some disappointment in the QC department as Duffysaracde has already explained. but I am ultimately very happy with the overall product. Some fine choices where made and the game is truly a masterpiece.

Really hoping we can get #1 back up and running soon. Spooky has been pretty good about it all, which we are grateful for.

Overall I'm really happy to be a part of the Future!

#10090 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:A follow-up so far on CE#1's malfunctions and Spooky's customer service. Issue #1: Multiple coils stopped working after 2-3 games. Coils are controlled by one of the two PD-16 boards in the backbox, and all coils being operated by one of these boards are inoperative. Upon close inspection of the PD-16 board, after boot-up the D14 Watchdog LED remains lit (which is abnormal). Nearby, there I found a blown SMD IC on the board at position U2. I'm trying to identify what it is (printed code: QA AM JW). Spooky has agreed to ship a replacement PD-16 board. If I can identify the type of SMD component it is, I may attempt to fix the board. Looks like possibly it's a Linear Voltage Regulator in a SOT-23-5 package.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have a partial update to offer for my CE #169.

I called several times on Monday and left messages but never got through or got a call back. On Tuesday, after calling every 5 minutes from 0700 to 0855 CST, I finally got a call back at 0900. At that point in the morning, though, my free time had run out, so I made an appointment to talk to AJ at 0730 sharp Wednesday morning (AJ told me they don't take calls before 0730). Wednesday morning, AJ led me through about 10 minutes of troubleshooting on the phone before he narrowed the problem down to the SW-16 board that controls the switches (in the upper left corner when the pf is in up in the service position). Nothing looks obviously wrong with the board, but that doesn't mean anything. I do wonder if any of the components are static-sensitive, does anyone know? Could just touching a switch without grounding myself cause a component to fail?

At the end of the phone call yesterday, AJ said they would ship a new board and some additional cables and it would be 1-2 day shipping. However, this morning, I still hadn't heard that it had shipped, so I sent an email to him requesting a tracking number. I got an email back from Squirrel about an hour later saying "Your order is being prepared." A few hours later I got a tracking number and the UPS site says it will be delivered Monday by 9pm.

I'll update again after I've replaced the board.

I agree that AJ is very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable, but I don't understand how this company can have hundreds of machines in the field, with more every day, and yet have only one service tech. AJ told me that Monday morning he fielded 42 trouble calls in 12 hours. This does not serve the customer well, IMHO.

On a side note, my tilt bob bracket was also badly misaligned, even at the proper 6.5 degree tilt. Easy fix, yes -- but is it common, on NIB machines, for this not to be set at the factory? This is my first pin so I don't know if this is normal or not.

Max

20230105_084427 (resized).jpg20230105_084427 (resized).jpg
#10091 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

I have a partial update to offer for my CE #169.
I called several times on Monday and left messages but never got through or got a call back. On Tuesday, after calling every 5 minutes from 0700 to 0855 CST, I finally got a call back at 0900. At that point in the morning, though, my free time had run out, so I made an appointment to talk to AJ at 0730 sharp Wednesday morning (AJ told me they don't take calls before 0730). Wednesday morning, AJ led me through about 10 minutes of troubleshooting on the phone before he narrowed the problem down to the SW-16 board that controls the switches (in the upper left corner when the pf is in up in the service position). Nothing looks obviously wrong with the board, but that doesn't mean anything. I do wonder if any of the components are static-sensitive, does anyone know? Could just touching a switch without grounding myself cause a component to fail?
At the end of the phone call yesterday, AJ said they would ship a new board and some additional cables and it would be 1-2 day shipping. However, this morning, I still hadn't heard that it had shipped, so I sent an email to him requesting a tracking number. I got an email back from Squirrel about an hour later saying "Your order is being prepared." A few hours later I got a tracking number and the UPS site says it will be delivered Monday by 9pm.
I'll update again after I've replaced the board.
I agree that AJ is very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable, but I don't understand how this company can have hundreds of machines in the field, with more every day, and yet have only one service tech. AJ told me that Monday morning he fielded 42 trouble calls in 12 hours. This does not serve the customer well, IMHO.
On a side note, my tilt bob bracket was also badly misaligned, even at the proper 6.5 degree tilt. Easy fix, yes -- but is it common, on NIB machines, for this not to be set at the factory? This is my first pin so I don't know if this is normal or not.
Max
[quoted image]

I am also waiting for parts...

Guess I should probably check my tilt bob too eventually. It hasn't worked right and mostly been sitting since I got it so never even looked at it.

I would agree that AJ is overwhelmed with tech support. I also played some phone tag with him.

#10092 1 year ago

Here's a random question. I noticed that, above the instruction card and the credits card, there are two stickers that say "Lane Change!" with arrows that point to... nothing? What does lane change mean? What is this about?

Max

#10093 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

Here's a random question. I noticed that, above the instruction card and the credits card, there are two stickers that say "Lane Change!" with arrows that point to... nothing? What does lane change mean? What is this about?
Max

The arrows refer to the flipper buttons.

You use the flipper buttons to cycle the lit inserts on the S.A.V.E lanes and also the C.O.R.E lanes at the top.

#10094 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

The arrows refer to the flipper buttons.
You use the flipper buttons to cycle the lit inserts on the S.A.V.E lanes and also the C.O.R.E lanes at the top.

Ok, thanks. I knew that the flipper buttons cycled those but didn't make the connection with the stickers.

Max

#10095 1 year ago
Quoted from maxpower:

Ok, thanks. I knew that the flipper buttons cycled those but didn't make the connection with the stickers.
Max

This is an old school nod to machines of yesteryear.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10096 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Whew.!.

Heres my go at SW-16 (#3). It's really hard to draw out all the "Loopdaloops" that is done when the wire is daisy chained (black wire mainly). Also really hard to draw this with the components laid out how it is actually under there and still be big enough to read. So this drawing looks pretty basic but it may help understand a little about whats going on under there..

(I did notice in the official manual that they referred to a "brown" wire and some that are "striped".. Wonder if this is for the OG version or a supplier might have changed?.. It appears brown = RED on mine but none are striped".)

It's a bummer I cannot delete / edit these posts. I usually find something that needs changed/deleted after I look at it a day or so later.

As always - use with <CAUTION>

TNA_CE_SW16-3 (resized).jpgTNA_CE_SW16-3 (resized).jpgsw16-3 (resized).jpgsw16-3 (resized).jpg
#10097 1 year ago

..So, being all up in the cabinet - I noticed another issue. Screw missing. There is an imprint from the head in the material - so I guess there was one in there at sometime. But I searched HI-and-LOW inside the cabinet = and I cannot find it yet

AJ is working on a few other things for me as well. (I hate that I have to "bother" someone about the issues, let alone experience the issue myself). From all these posts I see here - I don't know how they can keep up. I hope it's not normal for them - really hope they keep things moving smoothly for Scooby

missingScrew (resized).jpgmissingScrew (resized).jpg
#10098 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

Heres my go at SW-16 (#3). It's really hard to draw out all the "Loopdaloops" that is done when the wire is daisy chained (black wire mainly). Also really hard to draw this with the components laid out how it is actually under there and still be big enough to read. So this drawing looks pretty basic but it may help understand a little about whats going on under there..
(I did notice in the official manual that they referred to a "brown" wire and some that are "striped".. Wonder if this is for the OG version or a supplier might have changed?.. It appears brown = RED on mine but none are striped".)
It's a bummer I cannot delete / edit these posts. I usually find something that needs changed/deleted after I look at it a day or so later.
As always - use with <CAUTION>[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you again for all the work you are doing with these. I’d happily pay if you ever decided to create a printed manual as the organization and detail you showed in that one pic of One Note, is impressive.

#10099 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

I noticed another issue. Screw missing. There is an imprint from the head in the material - so I guess there was one in there at sometime. But I searched HI-and-LOW inside the cabinet = and I cannot find it yet

Check the magnet on your speaker carefully. They do a great job of collecting missing hardware.

#10100 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

..So, being all up in the cabinet - I noticed another issue. Screw missing. There is an imprint from the head in the material - so I guess there was one in there at sometime. But I searched HI-and-LOW inside the cabinet = and I cannot find it yet
AJ is working on a few other things for me as well. (I hate that I have to "bother" someone about the issues, let alone experience the issue myself). From all these posts I see here - I don't know how they can keep up. I hope it's not normal for them - really hope they keep things moving smoothly for Scooby [quoted image]

Got to the hardware store and get another screw.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/202 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.