(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 239.
#9851 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

So I have been having LOUD squealing sound from the lighted side rails for a while. I tried one technique with the hot glue over the coil in the little black box but that didn’t really help. So I noticed that the rails were touching the ground wires on both sides and it would squeal loud when they were touching. So I put electrical tape between them and the squeal is down 90%. So this helped me get rid of the frustration that I was having. I still hear a slight squeal and I’m wondering if I should be using a different tape other than electrical to prevent further interference?
Edit*. I spoke too soon. As soon as the lock bar was placed the noise came back and now I’m getting a little shock. So plan didn’t work
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine lasted maybe 100hrs then were so dim you couldn't see.

I'll never buy those again

#9852 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Ok I will check it. So you get no noise even on brightest setting?

I didn't notice the minor high pitched noise on mine at first because of how loud the stock fan is in Spooky games

I then purposely didn't get the quiet fan for this machine because then I would fix one noise only to hear this mod's noise. My solution is a blend of the two, which I drown out with the background noise of the fan going in my garage arcade.

#9853 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Obviously, your issue is the shooter rod position in relation to the ball. Not the ramp or screws or ??
See pic.
So, loosen the shooter housing and then lower playfield back down.
Open coindoor and use hand inside cabinet to move shooter housing to center on the ball.
Keep in mind the playfield can shift side-to-side on the Two hangers that rest on the lockbar receiver.
For some of my games, I add something to push or hold those hangers in a tight position left or right.
I just drop in a screw on One side or the other to fill space, forcing the playfield to stay in a certain position.
Scotty
[quoted image]

Re-aligning the shooter rod and changing to the revised ramp design solved my air ball problem. Game plays much better now.

The challenge I'm having now is getting the slingshot switches dialed in. They are either too sensitive or not sensitive enough. I noticed the slingshot rubber doesn't have much flex, wonder if changing it would help.

#9854 1 year ago

Still no luck on my dead J7 coils (drops, right scoop, pop).

I tried to move the connector to another pin but no change. Connection seems solid from continuity testing the connector, etc. Few other things that may help troubleshoot?

1) Should the speaker pop a few times while booting up? Is there a power issue elsewhere?
2) The drop target test only lists errors on the Up line, but they are permanently down anyway, so don't know if it would error the Down line if it's already down.
3) I am seeing ~48.5 V at each coil, but they still will not fire.
4) I have continuity between J3 and each J7 pin
5) Fuse has continuity
6) J3 has ~48.5 V
7) The other coils on that board work fine (J11)

#9855 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

My plan is to change to magnetic roll over switches

Bending the wire to reduce the arch or add some of these spacers to the switch bodies should help in the new run TNA

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0211-00

#9856 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

The challenge I'm having now is getting the slingshot switches dialed in. They are either too sensitive or not sensitive enough.

I'm with you on this. I've adjusted mine twice so far and I still get the occasional phantom activation on the left side. BTW - I have both Pinball Life and Marco's leaf switch adjustment tools but none of them have a slot that is cut such to allow the tool to be used from above - they all require being laid on the playfield to the side of the switch, which is pretty difficult! The 45 degree angled end kinda works, but it would be great to have the 90 degree end with the slot cut the other way so the tool is sticking straight up when placed on the switch blade:

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 5.55.46 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-12-15 at 5.55.46 PM (resized).png

#9857 1 year ago

Has anyone made the little 1,2,3 decals for the transparent drop targets?

#9859 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I'm with you on this. I've adjusted mine twice so far and I still get the occasional phantom activation on the left side. BTW - I have both Pinball Life and Marco's leaf switch adjustment tools but none of them have a slot that is cut such to allow the tool to be used from above - they all require being laid on the playfield to the side of the switch, which is pretty difficult! The 45 degree angled end kinda works, but it would be great to have the 90 degree end with the slot cut the other way so the tool is sticking straight up when placed on the switch blade:
[quoted image]

Adjusting switches using that tool should be done on the bottom side of the playfield. Adjusting the switch leafs close to where they are mounted to the stack so the blades stay straight and just the distance between the two points is adjusted.

#9861 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

[quoted image]

I spent a solid 30 minutes messing with the sling switches...I swear the adjustments have to be to the exact hair or I get phantom activations as well or no activation if it hits dead center at a slower speed (mine mostly on the right side). i THINK i finally have them adjusted properly but it was not easy, nor are they absolutely perfect. If anybody has a good strategy for this, let us know.

#9862 1 year ago

Anyone have this shooter knob on their TNA?

Wondering how it would look.

5B959D4E-3961-4CB0-933E-9540026E9C71 (resized).jpeg5B959D4E-3961-4CB0-933E-9540026E9C71 (resized).jpeg
#9863 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

[quoted image]

We have it. It’s looks good and has a good feel. The purple is a very dynamic color. Sometimes it looks purple and sometimes almost black.

37E312DA-4D5D-4D31-84C7-54FA0B126D75 (resized).jpeg37E312DA-4D5D-4D31-84C7-54FA0B126D75 (resized).jpeg926E3394-1EA5-426E-AAA9-EC45F2D34A3A (resized).jpeg926E3394-1EA5-426E-AAA9-EC45F2D34A3A (resized).jpeg
#9864 1 year ago

Thanks for posting!

It looks nice.

#9865 1 year ago

Further investigation finds that the reboot is caused by triggering the right scoop opto. The game will stay on until I block the right scoop opto, and then almost immediately resets.

Still can't get those J7 coils to fire though. It's like the scoop knows its supposed to fire the coil to get the ball out, can't, and so then freaks out and reboots. This only happens in attract mode (so I assume in gameplay) but not in the service menu, coil test, switch test etc. Other coils work fine.

Any ideas?

#9866 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Further investigation finds that the reboot is caused by triggering the right scoop opto. The game will stay on until I block the right scoop opto, and then almost immediately resets.
Still can't get those J7 coils to fire though. It's like the scoop knows its supposed to fire the coil to get the ball out, can't, and so then freaks out and reboots. This only happens in attract mode (so I assume in gameplay) but not in the service menu, coil test, switch test etc. Other coils work fine.
Any ideas?

Im a little confused on your problem. Why are there ball going into the scoop in attract mode? Or are you just testing the system during attract mode? And if so have you tested the same situation during gameplay?

#9867 1 year ago

In the club!

Delivered today.

1C011342-41FC-4BC2-84F9-4912259F539D (resized).jpeg1C011342-41FC-4BC2-84F9-4912259F539D (resized).jpeg
#9868 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Im a little confused on your problem. Why are there ball going into the scoop in attract mode? Or are you just testing the system during attract mode? And if so have you tested the same situation during gameplay?

For testing I was just sliding a postcard into the opto beam to trip it while the pf was up. There's a ball stranded there until I can fire the scoop to get it out, so it instantly resets if the playfield is down.

#9869 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Still no luck on my dead J7 coils (drops, right scoop, pop).
I tried to move the connector to another pin but no change. Connection seems solid from continuity testing the connector, etc. Few other things that may help troubleshoot?
1) Should the speaker pop a few times while booting up? Is there a power issue elsewhere?
2) The drop target test only lists errors on the Up line, but they are permanently down anyway, so don't know if it would error the Down line if it's already down.
3) I am seeing ~48.5 V at each coil, but they still will not fire.
4) I have continuity between J3 and each J7 pin
5) Fuse has continuity
6) J3 has ~48.5 V
7) The other coils on that board work fine (J11)

Mine pops on startup. I have not performed any "official" adjustment procedure as of yet..

#9870 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

For testing I was just sliding a postcard into the opto beam to trip it while the pf was up. There's a ball stranded there until I can fire the scoop to get it out, so it instantly resets if the playfield is down.

Oh ok weird. Sounds like all might work itself out once you get the vuk working properly. Might try messaging Scott directly. Im sure he would know.

#9871 1 year ago

Found Chris Hiblers coil test instructions. Jumping transistor to ground braid successfully fires the coils in question. Does that help narrow down the issue at all?

#9872 1 year ago

Such a fun pinball machine! Got to reactor 4 after about 6/7 games. So fun!

I’m glad I got one.
079736C1-82BB-4C9A-BF39-B2B22E5B68B5 (resized).jpeg079736C1-82BB-4C9A-BF39-B2B22E5B68B5 (resized).jpeg3564155F-DC00-458C-AC2E-5009D3664EE3 (resized).jpeg3564155F-DC00-458C-AC2E-5009D3664EE3 (resized).jpeg65C8C168-C11E-49A5-8799-AE4895BECE5C (resized).jpeg65C8C168-C11E-49A5-8799-AE4895BECE5C (resized).jpeg

TNA… all alone
750F76CA-0589-4BA1-801D-A6D97A156147 (resized).jpeg750F76CA-0589-4BA1-801D-A6D97A156147 (resized).jpeg

#9873 1 year ago

Last night I had my game in attract mode and the drop targets went through a cycle as if they were in a ball search. It was only the drops and it happened a few times. Anyone know what could be causing this?

#9874 1 year ago
Quoted from BoilerUp:

We have it. It’s looks good and has a good feel. The purple is a very dynamic color. Sometimes it looks purple and sometimes almost black.[quoted image][quoted image]

That post sold a shooter rod and it looks like I got the last one. Hope they get more in stock. I miss Chrome Candy's rods. They where really nice also.

#9875 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Last night I had my game in attract mode and the drop targets went through a cycle as if they were in a ball search. It was only the drops and it happened a few times. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Yeah, your drop target optos were flaking out. Most likely the transmitter wire harness connectors need to be upgraded to crimp and stuff connectors.

Check this post for info.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/157#post-6318926

#9876 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yeah, your drop target optos were flaking out. Most likely the transmitter wire harness connectors need to be upgraded to crimp and stuff connectors.
Check this post for info.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/157#post-6318926

Thanks Scott! Appreciate the response. BTW I I turned on the jukebox mode last night and just let it roll. Great feature.

#9877 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Thanks Scott! Appreciate the response. BTW I I turned on the jukebox mode last night and just let it roll. Great feature.

No problem at all! I am really glad you guys are enjoying the jukebox. I will put more in it as new albums are released.
--Scott

#9878 1 year ago

No problem at all! I am really glad you guys are enjoying the jukebox. I will put more in it as new albums are released.
--Scott

Rock Lobster?

#9879 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone made the little 1,2,3 decals for the transparent drop targets?

id buy the padded decals from ebay for the center targets and get these for the drop targets. i just put the padded ones on my center targets and it does help a bit with the ridiculous bounce straight down the middle you get from the factory. highly recommend. ebay.com link: itm

#9880 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I have the purple one, and I have the silver rainbow one on my White Water. They are really nice shooters with nice weight and solid feel. Great value for the price.

79DAF5E6-8D80-4C6F-B1C5-C8B51DF4AFA4 (resized).jpeg79DAF5E6-8D80-4C6F-B1C5-C8B51DF4AFA4 (resized).jpegD9C3D975-B1C6-4AC5-B0B1-5170D08A856B (resized).jpegD9C3D975-B1C6-4AC5-B0B1-5170D08A856B (resized).jpeg
#9881 1 year ago

Added the Target decals and swapped in some pink plastics on my CE. Kept the reactor green and I like the effect.

I love this object and will hold on to this for a long, long time.

A0EEE616-A987-44C0-AB3C-8A7A06166631 (resized).jpegA0EEE616-A987-44C0-AB3C-8A7A06166631 (resized).jpeg
#9882 1 year ago

If putting the Pink protectors on the game, make sure to switch your multiball GI color to "Teal". That will give the best effect for that color protector. You can find this setting under "Gameplay (Feature) -> Multiball GI Color" in the service menu.

Here are the multiball GI colors that I would personally set for each color protector set.

Green Protectors: Multiball Color = Blue
Pink Protectors: Multiball Color = Teal
Clear Protectors: Multiball Color = Green

Thanks,
--Scott

#9883 1 year ago

was not aware that was an option! thank you, Scott.

If putting the Pink protectors on the game, make sure to switch your multiball GI color to "Teal". That will give the best effect for that color protector. You can find this setting under "Gameplay (Feature) -> Multiball GI Color" in the service menu.
Here are the multiball GI colors that I would personally set for each color protector set.
Green Protectors: Multiball Color = Blue
Pink Protectors: Multiball Color = Teal
Clear Protectors: Multiball Color = Green
Thanks,
--Scott

#9884 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Added the Target decals and swapped in some pink plastics on my CE. Kept the reactor green and I like the effect.
I love this object and will hold on to this for a long, long time.
[quoted image]

Holy guacamole….. next Pbl order will have the pink plastics. Loving that look

#9885 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Holy guacamole…..

Yeah, let's see them LEDs in teal!

#9886 1 year ago

Gotta give the people what they want...

1) All White LED Test Screen Shot 2022-12-18 at 8.44.27 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-12-18 at 8.44.27 AM (resized).png
2) Teal Multiball Screen Shot 2022-12-18 at 8.44.41 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-12-18 at 8.44.41 AM (resized).png
3) Mid-game state w/ White GI Screen Shot 2022-12-18 at 8.45.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-12-18 at 8.45.00 AM (resized).png

Scott was right. It's like an entire bag of Jolly Ranchers pumped directly into my eyeballs.

#9887 1 year ago

My drops are not coming down on their own.

Any idea why it might be doing this?

’m

#9888 1 year ago

’m

Run your drop test in the service mode. I bet your little brass fingers that manually drop the target are not adjusted properly.
--Scott

#9889 1 year ago

I just ran the test for the drops and it looks like the middle one is the one that’s not working. It resets but doesn’t drop down when I run the test.

#9890 1 year ago

’m

Also, during ball search, it will not release the balls that are locked as it knows they are there and accounted for.
--Scott

#9891 1 year ago

I just ran the test for the drops and it looks like the middle one is the one that’s not working. It resets but doesn’t drop down when I run the test.

Take a look at the mech and see if there is a physical issue with the dropping mechanism.

#9892 1 year ago

Take a look at the mech and see if there is a physical issue with the dropping mechanism.

Ok, I’m checking now Scott

#9893 1 year ago

Ok brass finger is ok works fine

The little coil that actuates it is not firing though.

Wiring to it looks to be ok as well.
20B5EA06-5DCD-4C08-A2CA-328043CC35D6 (resized).jpeg20B5EA06-5DCD-4C08-A2CA-328043CC35D6 (resized).jpeg

#9894 1 year ago

TheNoTrashCougar I have a feature request, just in case you’re sitting around looking for things to code.

I have my new CE setup in my townhouse, where I share a wall with my neighbor. I like to play late at night, so every evening I turn the volume down and the shaker motor off, then back up and on the next day. I'd love to be able to save a "settings profile" that I could quickly switch to from the service menu to toggle between day and night modes.

Also, thanks for making this game! It's what got me into pinball a little over a year ago - the folks at my local pinball bar tell me they called me "TNA guy" because I just started showing up to grind on their TNA for hours a day almost every day. I've developed a habit of finding and playing all the TNA machines on location whenever I travel to a new city in an attempt to play as many of them as possible. I'm glad to now have one of my own!

#9895 1 year ago

Not sure if you saw what I added to my last post.

Brass finger position is ok.
On the 1st drop… I tried doing a voltage check at the two small holes where the wires go to that coil, when I have in the test mode to the drop the target. It pulses the voltage to quickly so I can’t read the voltage on my meter. But I can see a break in the voltage every time it pulses.

It doesn’t do anything on the second drop.

5C142F3C-41DF-44B8-BD76-B8AE0451738F (resized).jpeg5C142F3C-41DF-44B8-BD76-B8AE0451738F (resized).jpeg
#9896 1 year ago

The small RGB light board that sits close to the brass finger was stuck under it, when I initially looked.

Do you think that could of burned out the coil?

I did a resistance check (not sure if it’s conclusive with everything wired up) on all those coils that activate the brass drop fingers. The others had about 6 or 7 ohms and the one the not working had over 30 ohms.

#9897 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Holy guacamole….. next Pbl order will have the pink plastics. Loving that look

Folks with CEs, note that the pink protectors Pinball Life sells look like they need some modification to fit the CE. Specifically the lane guide protectors that come with the CE are shorter than those sold by PBL - they don't go all the way up to the top of the lane guides. It didn't seem like the pink ones I bought would fit (I'm planning to try cut them down to size). I kind of like just my slings being pink, though I'm going to try switching the protectors around the pops too for an asymmetric look.

Credit to Psychicdrive and Stellar Strike from Detroit for the idea - their TNA on location at Offworld Arcade / Checker Bar has mixed green and pink protectors, mixed green and purple flipper rubbers, and a one-off commissioned custom backglass (photo attached below). Super cool.

IMG_1187 (resized).jpegIMG_1187 (resized).jpegIMG_2896 (resized).jpegIMG_2896 (resized).jpeg
#9898 1 year ago

Lighted TNA side rails mod. I’m done with this mod. There is EL squeal when it ls turned on. You may figure out a way to get rid of the noise. $60 plus shipping or local pick up
Edit***sold

871EC833-2F35-4ECB-8ADC-0E2BDCF67DF6 (resized).jpeg871EC833-2F35-4ECB-8ADC-0E2BDCF67DF6 (resized).jpegBE826237-3354-496A-9FEC-7B84D320E407 (resized).jpegBE826237-3354-496A-9FEC-7B84D320E407 (resized).jpeg

#9899 1 year ago

The small RGB light board that sits close to the brass finger was stuck under it, when I initially looked.
Do you think that could of burned out the coil?
I did a resistance check (not sure if it’s conclusive with everything wired up) on all those coils that activate the brass drop fingers. The others had about 6 or 7 ohms and the one the not working had over 30 ohms.

Also, my game was resetting itself every few seconds or so and now it’s not. I wonder if it was trying to drop the target and couldn’t every time and that was causing the rest issue? Now the coil doesn’t work and I don’t have a reset issue.
Hmmm… I could also be completely wrong and not know what the hell I'm talking about!

#9900 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Lighted TNA side rails mod. I’m done with this mod. There is EL squeal when it ls turned on. You may figure out a way to get rid of the noise. $60 plus shipping or local pick up
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 210.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/198 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.