(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 239.
#9751 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Are you talking about the scoop by the drop targets? The harness comes with 4 hook ups for LEDs and there are 3 drop targets so just put the 4th one in the scoop?

Yeah, or the reactor scoop. It only takes a few seconds and a zip tie.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/145#post-5917792

#9752 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I had the honor of playing Steve Ritchie on it. I beat him. But he had only played it a few times and I knew the game pretty well. Still felt good though.

That’s awesome! I played Scott Danesi on his own TNA, at his house, and I’d only played TNA once before, and I beat him. However, I think he took pity on me and let me win. He was, after all, trying to sell me a Pinbot.

#9753 1 year ago

So I have now worked out all my TNA 2.0 kinks. My backglass wouldn’t come out, so I finally worked it out by pulling down gently but firmly on the cross beam to achieve enough clearance. I had to, because I replaced my faded backglass with a crisp print. Thanks, AJ! See the difference?

I also solved my lock bar prob, which wouldn’t go back on correctly. Now it’s on to my conversion from powder to steel. Will it be painless to go stainless???

81308624-7B87-412A-B813-CDA497ABD3B1 (resized).jpeg81308624-7B87-412A-B813-CDA497ABD3B1 (resized).jpeg67C6CD70-36E4-4E11-8A0E-4D2168C6AF1D (resized).jpeg67C6CD70-36E4-4E11-8A0E-4D2168C6AF1D (resized).jpeg3333D16E-B03F-4FAF-AB6B-E650A8C34F72 (resized).jpeg3333D16E-B03F-4FAF-AB6B-E650A8C34F72 (resized).jpeg

#9754 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I just needed some motivation to make some plugs for the backbox. It kinda bugged me too. Like the apron cover, you can print them on your own or get them from my PS shop.
https://www.printables.com/model/335623-tna-ce-backbox-plugs
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1453-scottieia-mods/07492-tna-ce-apron-cover-and-backbox-plugs

Awesome!.

#9755 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yeah, the story about that was we (PBL) decided not to make a kit as it was a pretty advanced install for most people. We would have made a service call nightmare for ourselves. So I posted the BOM and how it is installed in that link above.
--Scott

Got it, thank you!

#9756 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

That’s awesome! I played Scott Danesi on his own TNA, at his house, and I’d only played TNA once before, and I beat him. However, I think he took pity on me and let me win. He was, after all, trying to sell me a Pinbot.

For the record, I totally did not let you win. I told you if you could beat me, I would give you 100 bucks off the game, so I was playing for real.

#9757 1 year ago

#144 is home. Few minor issues but nothing major so far. Chipped paint on back of head, loose power connection, glass is super tight and poorly cut, and buzzy speakers. Anyone have suggestions for speaker hum? Played a few games on it and really enjoying it. Got 840k-ish on my third game!

ETA: Well, it keeps losing power. That's no bueno. Any ideas? There's also an unconnected molex sitting in the front of the cab next do the coin box. Really disappointing QA by LPeters82 according to the sticker.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9758 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

#144 is home. Few minor issues but nothing major so far. Chipped paint on back of head, loose power connection, glass is super tight and poorly cut, and buzzy speakers. Anyone have suggestions for speaker hum? Played a few games on it and really enjoying it. Got 840k-ish on my third game!
ETA: Well, it keeps losing power. That's no bueno. Any ideas? There's also an unconnected molex sitting in the front of the cab next do the coin box. Really disappointing QA by LPeters82 according to the sticker.
[quoted image]

I'm pretty sure that the empty Molex by the coin door is to power a bill acceptor.

#9759 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

[quoted image]

You might need to adjust your amp. Mine was actually broken and the sub wasn't working correctly so I don't think they're actually testing the sound at the factory.

There are directions posted in this thread and I followed them once I got my replacement amp and it works and sounds great now. Only difference was I turned the volume up to 50 on the monitor. It didn't sound very good when set to 11 like the directions say.

#9760 1 year ago

For the record, I totally did not let you win. I told you if you could beat me, I would give you 100 bucks off the game, so I was playing for real.

Well, I got lucky! It was awesome to get a tutorial and test drive from the game creator, in any event! I’m playing my CE a lot and I still find this pin to be one of the best original pinball ideas. The code is awesome, how it rewards difficult shots, combos, super spinner rips and 4x jackpot. Plus the original music is some of the best in pinball. It was my first experience with R & M too, and that game is also a blast.

#9761 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

You might need to adjust your amp. Mine was actually broken and the sub wasn't working correctly so I don't think they're actually testing the sound at the factory.
There are directions posted in this thread and I followed them once I got my replacement amp and it works and sounds great now. Only difference was I turned the volume up to 50 on the monitor. It didn't sound very good when set to 11 like the directions say.

Guessing the amp shouldnt be set to full power? This is how it came from factory.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9762 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Guessing the amp shouldnt be set to full power? This is how it came from factory.

If it was shipped, odds are real good the settings shifted on the ride.

#9763 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Guessing the amp shouldnt be set to full power? This is how it came from factory.[quoted image]

Someone else had their subwoofer volume down all the way and had to adjust it.

Here's how my amp was set from the factory. I haven't adjusted it yet, but may take Scott's procedure for a test drive. Can always put it back.

TNA CE Amp Settings (resized).jpgTNA CE Amp Settings (resized).jpg

Amp settings are posted here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/33#post-4247418

#9764 1 year ago

Didn't go through Scott's full procedure, its a little late at night for that, but adjusting the knobs definitely eliminated the buzz. Still getting power resets though, even when doing the coil test. Does that mean loose solder joint or something?

#9765 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

If it was shipped, odds are real good the settings shifted on the ride.

I didn't even consider this. It's probably what happened. Mine was a bad amp not bad settings.

#9766 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Guessing the amp shouldnt be set to full power? This is how it came from factory.[quoted image]

No, it should not be at full power. Please follow this guide and it will sound great.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/33#post-4247418

--Scott

#9767 1 year ago

Hey guys sorry for the probable repeat question but I can’t find this answer and don’t have direct access to measure. Is the TNA 1.0 playfield thin like the newer spooky games (ie - Rick and Morty)? I’m asking for bushing purposes. Trying to determine if I use the new shorter bushings for TNA or the original ones.

#9768 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hey guys sorry for the probable repeat question but I can’t find this answer and don’t have direct access to measure. Is the TNA 1.0 playfield thin like the newer spooky games (ie - Rick and Morty)? I’m asking for bushing purposes. Trying to determine if I use the new shorter bushings for TNA or the original ones.

Its not thinner to my knowledge, leave the bushings that came in the game in it. If you are having flipper problems, just be sure the vertical adjustment is done correctly to reduce friction from the mech.
--Scott

#9769 1 year ago

Its not thinner to my knowledge, leave the bushings that came in the game in it. If you are having flipper problems, just be sure the vertical adjustment is done correctly to reduce friction from the mech.
--Scott

Thanks Scott. No problems at all, I’m just a planner

#9770 1 year ago

No, it should not be at full power. Please follow this guide and it will sound great.
--Scott

Perfect thanks! Any suggestions on power flickering? I pressed in all the molex connections behind speaker panel and in the cab under the head already. Can't get through a game. Even the coil test kills it after 3 or so coil fires.

Edit: looks like the secondary power supply in the top left of cabinet had a loose connection. Rescrewed them all down and seems good so far. Now my right scoop won't eject though...

#9771 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Sold! Enjoy them medic7000!

damn just missed them.

#9772 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Perfect thanks! Any suggestions on power flickering? I pressed in all the molex connections behind speaker panel and in the cab under the head already. Can't get through a game. Even the coil test kills it after 3 or so coil fires.
Edit: looks like the secondary power supply in the top left of cabinet had a loose connection. Rescrewed them all down and seems good so far. Now my right scoop won't eject though...

I sent you a few PMs. Sorry your having some issues with your TNA. Not going to make excuses, but I really do try to go through the games...a lot. TNA was one of my very first NIB games and its a game that I absolutely love.

As for the scoop not firing, I would first enter the coil test menu. If the coil works in testing, I would then go to the switch test menu and see if the switch is registering. Once we know which one of those is not working, we can go from there. Something with your power reset issues could have affected things down the line. Hopefully just a fuse, but we'll figure it out and got it working as you'd expect. Feel free to reach out via pinside, phone, or email.

#9773 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Well crap.. I’ve reached out to AJ who is my customer service rep for my other little issues.
My apron also looks like yours, but AJ said I would be getting replacement parts for my other needs minus the apron.
Not sure if that is because there is no simple fix to it or that is where they drew the line?
Any rate, I’ll reach out again to have this updated part sent to me.
FYI, I only communicate via email as I’m dealing with taking care of my kids and working. Hard to make phone calls.
[quoted image]

so is this deemed normal or no? mine is like this too.

#9774 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Well crap.. I’ve reached out to AJ who is my customer service rep for my other little issues.
My apron also looks like yours, but AJ said I would be getting replacement parts for my other needs minus the apron.
Not sure if that is because there is no simple fix to it or that is where they drew the line?
Any rate, I’ll reach out again to have this updated part sent to me.
FYI, I only communicate via email as I’m dealing with taking care of my kids and working. Hard to make phone calls.
[quoted image]

so is this deemed normal or no? mine is like this too. https://imgproxy.pinside.com/BW-he90zHEoCL7cou4QmuL3YaYgwPx4E2OfwZul-OzI/rs:fit:1024/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzAvN2EvN2MvMDdhN2NmYTljODU2Y2ZkNjBlZTE0MmM4ZWU5NTA3MzIxZmJlN2FmZi5qcGVn

#9775 1 year ago

On Twitch last night Eric Stone played the Batcave’s new TNA. On his first game he destroyed Reactor 9. On ball one. I guess that this game is just too easy . . .
TheNoTrashCougar Scott Danesi was in the chat and gave a few helpful tips. It was amazing to watch as always.

#9777 1 year ago

If you saw from our chats with other members, this is not aligned correctly. To make it useful on yours (which is like mine), you have to tilt your head to the left to see the plunger strength with your eyes.

From what I can tell, I’m getting other replacement parts minus the apron.
I have not pressed this issue yet as I want to get my other items I’m requesting to fix.

Personally, I can live with it… annoying? Yes!

If you reach out and they say they are replacing yours… please let me know

#9778 1 year ago

Does anyone know if Spooky charges tax to Michigan? Trying so hard to not buy this game but it keeps pulling me back haha

Anyone local want to trade for my Shadow+cash?

#9779 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

Does anyone know if Spooky charges tax to Michigan? Trying so hard to not buy this game but it keeps pulling me back haha

I would email Morgan. Just buy it and figure it all out later. LOL.

#9780 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I would email Morgan. Just buy it and figure it all out later. LOL.

Sound advice haha

#9781 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

Yes they do charge tax to MI - source: got charged tax, asked about it, confirmed they have to charge for MI.

#9782 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Yes they do charge tax to MI - source: got charged tax, asked about it, confirmed they have to charge for MI.

Ok cool, thank you! Now I can use that as an excuse not to buy…for another few days or so haha

#9783 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

Ok cool, thank you! Now I can use that as an excuse not to buy…for another few days or so haha

On the bright side - I did order my game on the 5th of December (non-butter) and it’s being delivered tomorrow. For that speed of service I think of the tax as a ‘rush’ fee

#9784 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

On the bright side - I did order my game on the 5th of December (non-butter) and it’s being delivered tomorrow. For that speed of service I think of the tax as a ‘rush’ fee

That is really creative. Love it.

#9785 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Quoted from SNES:

The tax charge and high freight fees to California drove me to not pay for Butter. The game will look cool, but aren't those who order Butter will be like the folks who buy expensive show piece cars?

They will baby it and get nervous when folks get close to it. Yes, I'm not happy when I see a random mark/poke/semi-scratch... but if I got Butter it would piss me off 1000% more.

Great reason to get non-butter.

#9786 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

The tax charge and high freight fees to California drove me to not pay for Butter. The game will look cool, but aren't those who order Butter will be like the folks who buy expensive show piece cars?
They will baby it and get nervous when folks get close to it. Yes, I'm not happy when I see a random mark/poke/semi-scratch... but if I got Butter it would piss me off 1000% more.
Great reason to get non-butter.

I agree. Accidents happen. I've messed up once or twice and have bought new decals. No I haven't installed them but knowing i can helps me sleep at night.

#9787 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

On Twitch last night Eric Stone played the Batcave’s new TNA. On his first game he destroyed Reactor 9. On ball one. I guess that this game is just too easy . . .
TheNoTrashCougar Scott Danesi was in the chat and gave a few helpful tips. It was amazing to watch as always.

What twitch channel was this on? Would love to see that.

#9788 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

What twitch channel was this on? Would love to see that.

It would be on the “BatcavePinball” Twitch channel. VOD is available.

#9789 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

It would be on the “BatcavePinball” Twitch channel. VOD is available.

Thanks!

#9790 1 year ago

Got mine yesterday and finally set it up today. Everything seems to be working with only 1 issue, the dreaded shooter lane\ramp eject issue. I think mine is due to the fork entrance and those forks should be straight and pointed on the playfield but mine look like they are slightly bent up and the ball constantly hits it, I would say 4 out of 5 times it rejects or rattles. Overall I am happy I haven’t had any other issues and hope that trend continues and will be calling my buddy AJ tomorrow. From reading the threads, looks like I have the updated ramp (1st pic) as my screw holes are very close to the fork tips vs. original and earlier CE ones (2nd and 3rd pics). I took a slow mo video and you can clearly see it hits one of the forks every time, no matter how I adjust my playfield or shooter rod.

Will be posting this in the other TNA thread as well, just in case.

Appreciate any help if there is a simple fix.

1904F3B8-53AE-49DA-B8BA-4A853C1A168E (resized).jpeg1904F3B8-53AE-49DA-B8BA-4A853C1A168E (resized).jpegD098300B-827D-4DCC-9012-E80823296EA7 (resized).jpegD098300B-827D-4DCC-9012-E80823296EA7 (resized).jpeg4B54C010-43AF-4FAB-90EB-3B6355F26FEB (resized).jpeg4B54C010-43AF-4FAB-90EB-3B6355F26FEB (resized).jpeg

#9791 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Got mine yesterday and finally set it up today. Everything seems to be working with only 1 issue, the dreaded shooter lane\ramp eject issue. I think mine is due to the fork entrance and those forks should be straight and pointed on the playfield but mine look like they are slightly bent up and the ball constantly hits it, I would say 4 out of 5 times it rejects or rattles. Overall I am happy I haven’t had any other issues and hope that trend continues and will be calling my buddy AJ tomorrow. From reading the threads, looks like I have the updated ramp (1st pic) as my screw holes are very close to the fork tips vs. original and earlier CE ones (2nd and 3rd pics). I took a slow mo video and you can clearly see it hits one of the forks every time, no matter how I adjust my playfield or shooter rod.
Appreciate any help if there is a simple fix….oh and just in case anyone’s interested
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/147945
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a bummer that the tips of the fork are so close to the screw. There is very little to work with. With the original fork, I have unscrewed them, bent the tips downward a bit and reinstalled. I was getting similar launches on my WOZ. Bent the fork tips and problem solved. Can you try to bend yours at all?

#9792 1 year ago

Finally took the time to put TNA in its resting place. Lineup is completed. Glad I selected this game over WOZ. Such a complete game experience than the other ones I have. Refreshing.

Did anyone else have very slim clearance getting through a standard door width? I was dumb and slightly nicked my backbox side… ugh.. brand new game.

Ordering a new decal. Simple swap and it’s good to go.

Another reason why I’m glad I did non-butter. I knew my idiot ways would eventually put a mark on this game….

This has not happened on any of other games.

CF828D4D-CEA9-4EF5-864A-451A0785420F (resized).jpegCF828D4D-CEA9-4EF5-864A-451A0785420F (resized).jpeg
#9793 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Appreciate any help if there is a simple fix….oh and just in case anyone’s interested
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/147945
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No way the ball hits the screws or the fork tips man.
You do realize the ball is round, right?

#9794 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

That’s a bummer that the tips of the fork are so close to the screw. There is very little to work with. With the original fork, I have unscrewed them, bent the tips downward a bit and reinstalled. I was getting similar launches on my WOZ. Bent the fork tips and problem solved. Can you try to bend yours at all?

Yeah it happens, that’s pinball I guess. I might be able to, but before I mess up anything, I’ll see what Spooky tech support recommends.

Quoted from turbo2nr:

No way the ball hits the screws or the fork tips man.
You do realize the ball is round, right?

Uh ok, I took a video and as soon as it gets to the tips, it immediately rattles against the sides and does it whether I manually plunge or auto plunge. You can see the tips are bent up vs. the other peoples pics.

Thanks for the help.

#9795 1 year ago

Hey everyone. I'm really on the fence about jumping in the water here. This game is very cool. But I'm reading about quality issues a lot on this thread.

How do you feel about your purchase? I have a Premium Godzilla and we all love it. Î was worth the price to me. What do you think? Any thoughts are appreciated.

PS- Congrats to all of you on such a cool purchase.

#9796 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey everyone. I'm really on the fence about jumping in the water here. This game is very cool. But I'm reading about quality issues a lot on this thread.
How do you feel about your purchase? I have a Premium Godzilla and we all love it. Î was worth the price to me. What do you think? Any thoughts are appreciated.

I have both and really like them both. They should complement each other because they are very different machines with a very different playing style. TNA is hard for beginner players but if you have friends over, CO-OP and Team Modes are a blast. GZ gets boring with friends because, it is fun for the person playing but people don't like waiting for a good player to drain.

I don't really think you'll be seeing many for sale aftermarket because the people that bought the CE knew what they were getting and were waiting for it. I say this because the CE run is wrapping up, and I don't really think they are going back on the line for a long while, if ever again.

#9797 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

As others had advised me before buying my TNA CE, it is a fast playing, challenging single level game, a throwback to the '80s style. It's a great addition to my predominately 2010 - 2020 era games. I don't have a Godzilla but do have a RUSH game. Not trying to offend any Stern hardcodes but I find the newer Stern games to be over whelming with flashing LEDs everywhere, maddening art and somehow games that often seem more similar than different. The uniqueness of each of my Spooky games has kept me wanting to play each and every one that I own. Just one person's opinion...

#9798 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I have both and really like them both. They should complement each other because they are very different machines with a very different playing style. TNA is hard for beginner players but if you have friends over, CO-OP and Team Modes are a blast. GZ gets boring with friends because, it is fun for the person playing but people don't like waiting for a good player to drain.
I don't really think you'll be seeing many for sale aftermarket because the people that bought the CE knew what they were getting and were waiting for it. I say this because the CE run is wrapping up, and I don't really think they are going back on the line for a long while, if ever again.

How is the CE different from the stock?

#9799 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

How is the CE different from the stock?

Only cosmetics are different.

#9800 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

If you like TNA's concept and gameplay, it's worth it. But it's a compromise. In exchange for an incredible pinball experience, you have to deal with the annoying QC issues and necessary adjustments. Fortunately, Spooky's Customer Service is outstanding.

I like TNA more than Godzilla, but they are very different experiences.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/196 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.