(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 239.
#9651 1 year ago

My game is playing much better since getting the new ramp installed (had to drill new holes). Now that I'm actually able to play, I'm noticing a ton of balls bouncing up and out of the drain, keeping them in play. Is there a name for this? I searched "Drain bounce" and nothing lol..

This has happened only once or twice to me on other games this past year, but on TNA it's a regular thing. The drain is shallow, so it doesn't take much of a bounce to send a ball back up onto the flippers.

Anyone suggestions on how to fix? I was thinking of adding some felt to the drain to soften the bounce.

#9652 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

I'm noticing a ton of balls bouncing up and out of the drain, keeping them in play. Is there a name for this?

Lazarus - TNA probably has the most on any game I've played. It's also one of the easier games to death save.

#9653 1 year ago

Number 144 here just got final invoice! Maybe I'll have some Annihilation under my Christmas tree this year.

#9654 1 year ago

recieved #95 today.

#9655 1 year ago

I'm in.

At last.

#9656 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I'm in.
At last.

Did you just order one? If so what number did you get?

#9657 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Did you just order one? If so what number did you get?

No. I traded for one from the original run. Been wanting one for far too long.

#9658 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

My game is playing much better since getting the new ramp installed (had to drill new holes). Now that I'm actually able to play, I'm noticing a ton of balls bouncing up and out of the drain, keeping them in play. Is there a name for this? I searched "Drain bounce" and nothing lol..
This has happened only once or twice to me on other games this past year, but on TNA it's a regular thing. The drain is shallow, so it doesn't take much of a bounce to send a ball back up onto the flippers.
Anyone suggestions on how to fix? I was thinking of adding some felt to the drain to soften the bounce.

consider it a "gimmie", as hard as this game is, i'll take any edge i can get.

#9659 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Lazarus - TNA probably has the most on any game I've played. It's also one of the easier games to death save.

I was like what the F is "Lazarus". Sure enough...I googled it and that is indeed the name for it. Learn something new every day.

Just received word that my replacement #32 is on its way. Please everyone say a collective prayer for me it comes clean this time with no shipping damage.

#9660 1 year ago

Received #107 today. A little rain but not a problem. R and L carrier arrived within the 1st hour of the 5 hour window provided. Box showed minor impact of strapping around mid-section but all good. No blue powder tip devices this time (HW had 2).

20221130_121835 (resized).jpg20221130_121835 (resized).jpg
#9661 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Received #107 today. A little rain but not a problem. R and L carrier arrived within the 1st hour of the 5 hour window provided. Box showed minor impact of strapping around mid-section but all good. No blue powder tip devices this time (HW had 2).
[quoted image]

Interesting... I definitely had 2 of the blue powder tip indicators on my box. #thoughtsandprayers that everything inside is OK

#9662 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Received #107 today.

Damn - I'm #100 haven't heard anything after payment a few weeks ago

#9663 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Damn - I'm #100 haven't heard anything after payment a few weeks ago

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you ordered butter as my order was a non-butter which may have made it easier. Just to state the obvious, check you spam folder just in case... Let us know when you get your notice!

#9664 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

[quoted image]

I unboxed my CE at Spooky. All the boxes on the dock had the blue tip devices on them. If someone triggered one or both....then maybe they just remove them? All pinball boxes should be printed with a "Tip Indicator" installed here, with a box printed around the location of the indicator. Hope all is good!

#9665 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I unboxed my CE at Spooky. All the boxes on the dock had the blue tip devices on them. If someone triggered one or both....then maybe they just remove them? All pinball boxes should be printed with a "Tip Indicator" installed here, with a box printed around the location of the indicator. Hope all is good!

I wonder if they can just get new ones and stick them on. I have issues with trust as you can tell.

#9666 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I was like what the F is "Lazarus". Sure enough...I googled it and that is indeed the name for it. Learn something new every day.
Just received word that my replacement #32 is on its way. Please everyone say a collective prayer for me it comes clean this time with no shipping damage.

Sunday school at church taught me that Lazarus was brought back from the dead. I remember thinking how clever the name was for this type of ball save when I first heard it used.

#9667 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I wonder if they can just get new ones and stick them on. I have issues with trust as you can tell.

Serial Numbers could be added.

#9668 1 year ago

TNA CE #58 arrived safely today! Looks and plays excellent!
And the butter cabinet is sublime!
3C167940-9A71-4437-9820-FEB4D78D613E (resized).jpeg3C167940-9A71-4437-9820-FEB4D78D613E (resized).jpeg6FE1694D-3560-44DE-9571-4FE848032C70 (resized).jpeg6FE1694D-3560-44DE-9571-4FE848032C70 (resized).jpeg4B8D47B1-077B-4CC3-9A23-4D4954CFDC0D (resized).jpeg4B8D47B1-077B-4CC3-9A23-4D4954CFDC0D (resized).jpegBEAA5582-E57A-4173-9386-7C9109CE2749 (resized).jpegBEAA5582-E57A-4173-9386-7C9109CE2749 (resized).jpegD74F9E1D-4F5E-42E4-9D42-DFE34B2C71B7 (resized).jpegD74F9E1D-4F5E-42E4-9D42-DFE34B2C71B7 (resized).jpeg

#9669 1 year ago

Well... TNA CE #86 arrived with no shipping damage today... My experience with R&L was a positive one... My next phone calls and emails have been to Spooky to address some issues that I hope will be simple to fix... The left scoop switch randomly engages on the switch test and in gameplay the switch intermittently works. Sometimes it recognizes that I hit the scoop, sometimes not. The coil works in the coil test for the left scoop. I'm not sure if I have a bad resistor somewhere because when I ran the coil test, I got to the sling - core left and it fired multiple coils. They didn't fire all at once, they fired in sequence one after another...I've checked the connections in the back box and checked the connections under the playfield... The game played fine for a few games, then the left flipper started to stick, then all this other nonsense... Any thoughts?

#9670 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

TNA CE #58 arrived safely today! Looks and plays excellent!
And the butter cabinet is sublime!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And the game played perfect out of the box!
Butter cab definitely has to be seen in person.

#9671 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Number 144 here just got final invoice! Maybe I'll have some Annihilation under my Christmas tree this year.

I am hoping so as well

Here's my "overall" Sp00ky experience for reference: (CE# 138)

5-3-2022 = Joined the "Fang" Club.. (as 12-1-2022 I have yet to receive anything in the mail..)
9-7-2022 = Placed my order using the website & made the initial $2K down payment.
9-12-2022 = Requested via E-mail for total due. Paid remainder due the same day (w/tax) = $7,484.65.
9-12-2022 = ordered a Hoodie. Received it (Love it btw).

10-31-2022 = Sent an E-mail asking about approx production# they were on = "in the 30's"

11-3-2022 = Received the Butter/No Butter E-mail which also asked about the "Ship To" location.
11-7-2022 = Received a confirmation of the "No Butter" & shipping location.

12-1-2022 = ...as of yet - I have not received an invoice for the shipping amount/delivery date.

..Just posting for FYI.. Not rushing Spooky.. Would rather all the issues be corrected before receiving it.

#9672 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I made a cover for the apron. The wife thought purple would be cool but after I installed the black one, we both agreed that black was the way to go. The purple one was V1 which you can see I needed to extend out the bottom, which I did in the black one. It really is just a cosmetic thing but if you wanted lighted buttons, then you wouldn't want see the back side of the lighted flipper buttons.
https://www.printables.com/model/319991-tna-apron-shooter-cover
If someone don't have access to a 3D printer and still wants one for their CE, just PM me and I'll send you one for 5 bucks to pay for shipping.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I started a Pinside shop because I have a Godzilla mod that I developed and will possibly be selling. I put the apron cover as my first item in my shop for anyone that don't want to print their own. I'm only selling black because any other color don't really look good anyway. Its shipped for $10 now because I'm now including the glue strips and others are getting a cut. We'll see how it goes....I'm completely new to the Pinside shop experience.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1453-scottieia-mods/07492-tna-ce-apron-cover

#9673 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

And the game played perfect out of the box!
Butter cab definitely has to be seen in person.

Jealous, but could not swing the additional cost after I was bent over for taxes. I know I know..

Oh, did not expect shipping to be $750 as well.

Congrats on Butter! Bet it is a beauty.

#9674 1 year ago

Hi having trouble updating my original TNA. We have formatted in Fat 32, redownloaded code, used several different brand usbs but the game will not recognized them. Our guess is the game isn't seeing the usb drive and want to get the bios to come up. Does anyone know what key to press on start up to go into bios to check for usb drive.
Thanks,
Al

#9675 1 year ago
Quoted from Jtrzerocool:

Well... TNA CE #86 arrived with no shipping damage today... My experience with R&L was a positive one... My next phone calls and emails have been to Spooky to address some issues that I hope will be simple to fix... The left scoop switch randomly engages on the switch test and in gameplay the switch intermittently works. Sometimes it recognizes that I hit the scoop, sometimes not. The coil works in the coil test for the left scoop. I'm not sure if I have a bad resistor somewhere because when I ran the coil test, I got to the sling - core left and it fired multiple coils. They didn't fire all at once, they fired in sequence one after another...I've checked the connections in the back box and checked the connections under the playfield... The game played fine for a few games, then the left flipper started to stick, then all this other nonsense... Any thoughts?

Spooky got back to me... AJ pointed me in the right direction and I discovered a wire on the left scoop optical sensor that was pressed up against a sharp solder joint on the sensor board. It was obviously sending signals everywhere they weren't supposed to go and caused the sensor to not recognize the ball and other random coils to fire. Either way, it's fixed and #86 is fully functional. Thank you AJ and Spooky. I remembered why I love this game. Simple and frustratingly difficult all at the same time...

#9676 1 year ago

#114 delivered safely today

AA54897E-FA57-495F-9BC9-CE3C17F5E117 (resized).jpegAA54897E-FA57-495F-9BC9-CE3C17F5E117 (resized).jpeg
#9677 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Hi having trouble updating my original TNA. We have formatted in Fat 32, redownloaded code, used several different brand usbs but the game will not recognized them. Our guess is the game isn't seeing the usb drive and want to get the bios to come up. Does anyone know what key to press on start up to go into bios to check for usb drive.
Thanks,
Al

If you have more than one tna code version on your computer it might automatically assign a number to the name of the latest code you have downloaded. If your computer did this your TNA will not recognize it as a code update. I always make sure I only have 1 version of the game code on my computer at a time.

#9678 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

If you have more than one tna code version on your computer it might automatically assign a number to the name of the latest code you have downloaded. If your computer did this your TNA will not recognize it as a code update. I always make sure I only have 1 version of the game code on my computer at a time.

Wish it was here is pic of the jump drive

tna (resized).jpgtna (resized).jpg
#9680 1 year ago

tna 94. what's the opinion on the backglass should i request another one?

DA289634-28C5-4D5C-8E1C-0A5FC9ED234E (resized).jpegDA289634-28C5-4D5C-8E1C-0A5FC9ED234E (resized).jpegF871B3A1-FB4A-49A7-8C62-97578569EAAE (resized).jpegF871B3A1-FB4A-49A7-8C62-97578569EAAE (resized).jpeg
#9681 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Thanks,
Al

I would try and put the USB stick in a different USB port on the PC and see if that works. Are you getting anything on the screen when the USB is inserted?
--Scott

#9682 1 year ago

Reporting in that I received #78 this past Monday and its a hit! Plays perfect out of the box. Went into it blindly after reading about it and very glad I did. Definitely has that one more game feeling and playing with friends and stealing multi balls is a lot of fun.

Has anyone tried low bounce titan flipper rubbers for more control, or is the fast paced bounciness part of the experience?

Does anyone know if the lighted side rail mod is available anywhere?

#9683 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Reporting in that I received #78 this past Monday and its a hit! Plays perfect out of the box. Went into it blindly after reading about it and very glad I did. Definitely has that one more game feeling and playing with friends and stealing multi balls is a lot of fun.
Has anyone tried low bounce titan flipper rubbers for more control, or is the fast paced bounciness part of the experience?

I hope it’s good news about Titan runners for TNA as I bought a replacement set during cyber Monday deal. Worst case I can use them for another machine

#9684 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Like you, I bought blindly based on strong positive referrals from many on pinside - AND glad I did! I'm enjoying the bounciness of this game as it adds to the frantic nature of nuclear disaster (I thankfully imagine without first hand knowledge). My wife and I are loving the game.

#9685 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Joining the club soon, and if anyone has the lighted side rail that's no longer needed please PM me...

#9686 1 year ago

I'm a tiny bit sad that my new CE TNA doesn't have the original run's awesome sticker on the sub enclosure box.

fff6ab26a68fe45723fc7de05072fe923ad6df66 (resized).jpgfff6ab26a68fe45723fc7de05072fe923ad6df66 (resized).jpg
#9687 1 year ago

We need those stickers. Spooky! Help us here!

#9688 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Joining the club soon, and if anyone has the lighted side rail that's no longer needed please PM me...

To anyone not familiar with the lighted side rail mods…..

This was my first time working with this type of mod. Set up is relatively easy. You position the lighted strip flush with the top of the rails. When you look at the strips, you will notice that there is a small gap between the small upper lit portion and lower lighted portion. This is to allow the two upper screws to poke through the plastic without touching the lit (electrified) portion of the strip when securing the rails back on.

Sounds great IN THEORY.

However, my game quickly became Total Nuclear Electrocution. I was getting a shock when touching the right side rail, and the shock increased when touching the rail and lockdown bar together.

I ended up taking the rail off to check if the screws were touching either electrified strip. It did not appear that they were. The holed appeared to be between the center. My kit was from Hooked on Pinball. I sent in a request for help and received a response/fix in short order. Apparently, if one atom of the screw is touching anywhere near those electrified strips, you risk the shock hazard. The fix was to use something like a hole punch to make a wider hole, then cover the hole with electrical tape so that when the screw penetrates, it (for sure) is only touching electrical tape.

The fix worked.

Also installed lighted purple flipper buttons. Just waiting for flashinstinct’s stickers to arrive and then my game will be dope AF.

#9689 1 year ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

I'm a tiny bit sad that my new CE TNA doesn't have the original run's awesome sticker on the sub enclosure box.
[quoted image]

On the subject of the sub box - my sub rattles, which goes away if I put pressure on the plastic protective screen on the bottom. I've pulled the box out to check the woofer and discovered that the box is completely bare wood and has no cabinet damping or insulation inside, like most sub enclosures do. Has anyone lined the enclosure with Dynamat/DeciDamp, put some insulation inside, or dealt with the same rattle that I am?

#9690 1 year ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

This was my first time working with this type of mod. Set up is relatively easy. You position the lighted strip flush with the top of the rails. When you look at the strips, you will notice that there is a small gap between the small upper lit portion and lower lighted portion. This is to allow the two upper screws to poke through the plastic without touching the lit (electrified) portion of the strip when securing the rails back on.
Sounds great IN THEORY.
However, my game quickly became Total Nuclear Electrocution. I was getting a shock when touching the right side rail, and the shock increased when touching the rail and lockdown bar together.
I ended up taking the rail off to check if the screws were touching either electrified strip. It did not appear that they were. The holed appeared to be between the center. My kit was from Hooked on Pinball. I sent in a request for help and received a response/fix in short order. Apparently, if one atom of the screw is touching anywhere near those electrified strips, you risk the shock hazard. The fix was to use something like a hole punch to make a wider hole, then cover the hole with electrical tape so that when the screw penetrates, it (for sure) is only touching electrical tape.
The fix worked.
Also installed lighted purple flipper buttons. Just waiting for flashinstinct’s stickers to arrive and then my game will be dope AF.

Thanks for heads up as its sitting in the box and will keep this in mind as I put it together.

Should I use a hole punch myself and do the fix you mentioned or was that something they did for you?

#9691 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Should I use a hole punch myself and do the fix you mentioned or was that something they did for you?

You can do it safely. Use whatever tool works best. I actually just used a 1/4” drill bit. You can use an exacto knife or whatever it takes to get the job done.

I forgot to mention, I mounted the transformer on the outside, on the back of the cabinet to minimize the EL noise.

Good luck!

#9692 1 year ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Sounds great IN THEORY.
The fix worked.

Yes, thank you. Mine is in the box ready for when I set up in the final location. I don’t want to be electrocuted. It’s a pet peeve of mine. I’m also converting mine from black powder to stainless. So anyone out there with an OG TNA who likes the black, PM me. I might sell the set.

#9693 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s a matter of personal tolerance. I had an OG 1.0 last year, and my backglass was much more crisp and had better color saturation. My new one by comparison looked washed out, and like the tint was off. Too pink or something. I compared a photo of my 1.0 with my current one and it was quite apparent. I don’t think they are all lighter, I’m told many of them are fine. And, they may not be an issue for many people. Contact AJ if it’s a problem.

#9694 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Compared to the side by side photo, yours looks good.
585036AE-A206-402F-92AA-EC22A139B19A (resized).jpeg585036AE-A206-402F-92AA-EC22A139B19A (resized).jpeg

#9695 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It’s a matter of personal tolerance. I had an OG 1.0 last year, and my backglass was much more crisp and had better color saturation. My new one by comparison looked washed out, and like the tint was off. Too pink or something. I compared a photo of my 1.0 with my current one and it was quite apparent. I don’t think they are all lighter, I’m told many of them are fine. And, they may not be an issue for many people. Contact AJ if it’s a problem.

The new backglass definitely has more magenta in the ink when compared to the OG. This makes the pink in the art really stand out, which I’m fine with.
The back of the backglass looked to be more transparent in the OG compared to the CE in the photo I’ve seen.

#9696 1 year ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

[quoted image]

I’ve asked Spooky service about the sub chamber stickers, so if they mention anything, I’ll let you know!

I had to contact them because my reactor core timer is missing segments only when displaying certain numbers. The ribbon cables were hot glued from the factory, so they weren’t loose (on both ends of the ribbon cables). I swapped the reactor core timer display with the ball save timer, and now my reactor core timer works perfectly, but my ball save timer has issues.

Very odd, since during attract mode, all segments on both displays will illuminate normally.

#9697 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

I’ve asked Spooky service about the sub chamber stickers, so if they mention anything, I’ll let you know!

It's a silly thing, I'll admit.

If they were willing to share a file, I'd print my own on full-sheet label stock.

#9698 1 year ago

Just hanging out between games of TNA, so I fire up the jukebox mode and came across these two tracks. I like them! Thanks for including them, Scott!15F801AA-54EA-4A79-9AF9-50C5365D21BB (resized).jpeg15F801AA-54EA-4A79-9AF9-50C5365D21BB (resized).jpegED4F11C7-19F9-4CB2-880A-6CF16C1C39FA (resized).jpegED4F11C7-19F9-4CB2-880A-6CF16C1C39FA (resized).jpeg

#9699 1 year ago

Quick question and forgive me if this has been asked before: Does Spooky put Easter eggs in the high score section of the code based on information that they have on you? There are very few people that I know that are familiar with the movie Hackers. I created my screen name and email when I had AOL back in the 90's and have kept it every since. The high scores on my TNA are as follows:

Grand Champion - LIONMAN - 2,000,004
High Score 1 - CRASHOVRID - 1,500,003
PXL_20221204_172059008 (resized).jpgPXL_20221204_172059008 (resized).jpg
High Score 2 - ZERO COOL - 1,000,002
PXL_20221204_172101179 (resized).jpgPXL_20221204_172101179 (resized).jpg
High Score 3 - ACID BURN - 800,001
PXL_20221204_172102920 (resized).jpgPXL_20221204_172102920 (resized).jpg

Now, anybody who knows that movie will instantly recognize these names and will know what you are talking about.

Is this just a happy coincidence or did Spooky actually understand what my screen name meant and throw in a few Easter eggs?

#9700 1 year ago

Those are the default high scores on TNA put in by Scott, he must also be a fan of the movie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/194?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.