(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,696 posts
  • 700 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 minutes ago by MacmanCubed
  • Topic is favorited by 291 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

585036AE-A206-402F-92AA-EC22A139B19A (resized).jpeg
fff6ab26a68fe45723fc7de05072fe923ad6df66 (resized).jpg
F871B3A1-FB4A-49A7-8C62-97578569EAAE (resized).jpeg
DA289634-28C5-4D5C-8E1C-0A5FC9ED234E (resized).jpeg
tna (resized).jpg
AA54897E-FA57-495F-9BC9-CE3C17F5E117 (resized).jpeg
6FE1694D-3560-44DE-9571-4FE848032C70 (resized).jpeg
BEAA5582-E57A-4173-9386-7C9109CE2749 (resized).jpeg
3C167940-9A71-4437-9820-FEB4D78D613E (resized).jpeg
4B8D47B1-077B-4CC3-9A23-4D4954CFDC0D (resized).jpeg
D74F9E1D-4F5E-42E4-9D42-DFE34B2C71B7 (resized).jpeg
20221130_121835 (resized).jpg
20221102_075038 (resized).jpg
516EF8B7-9596-4CBE-838F-40A8508823D9 (resized).jpeg
B999B11F-58C2-43F9-92D8-8A469741CFC8 (resized).jpeg
new_ramp2 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 194.
#9601 9 days ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

UPDATE:
I heard from Spooky and there is a new version of the lane ramp that will apparently fix the problem.
IMO, everyone who received a machine with the problematic lane ramp design should automatically be shipped the updated part. With such a small run, one would think you could track which machines got which part. So if you're having problems, let the know.
Also, I want to check will all new CE owner to see if your lower right apron looks like mine. The tab that covers the plunger is undersized, and giving it an incomplete look, as it exposes some undercut wood rails on the side of the shooter lane. For a CE version of a game, this an odd design choice, if it is indeed intentional. I'm hoping it was an oversight and that they also have a fix in mind for this.
Finally, I want to thank everyone who chimed in with pictures of their ramps. I know we all love this game and want to support the company, but at the same time, we all deserve to have a game thats up to CE standards.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well crap.. I’ve reached out to AJ who is my customer service rep for my other little issues.

My apron also looks like yours, but AJ said I would be getting replacement parts for my other needs minus the apron.

Not sure if that is because there is no simple fix to it or that is where they drew the line?

Any rate, I’ll reach out again to have this updated part sent to me.

FYI, I only communicate via email as I’m dealing with taking care of my kids and working. Hard to make phone calls.

F5D22753-7DAB-44A5-81D0-9AA3B3933E52 (resized).jpeg
#9602 9 days ago

Replacement backglass looks great!

600A5071-8134-4ED4-9A3F-7E1FDE3B1965 (resized).jpeg
#9603 9 days ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

[quoted image]

Wow! That updated backglass does look nice. Did you put a color filter over your score displays??? Neato.
--Scott

#9604 9 days ago

Number 92 shipping today.

#9605 9 days ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

[quoted image]

Awesome!

#9606 9 days ago

played CE #17 on route last night.. Zero issues with gameplay, and everything looked great (backglass, playfield, 7 segment displays, powder coat, etc etc..). Seems like new plastics and backglass have some kind of metallic/sparkle effect(looks really nice!) while 2 of them did not (right in-lane guide and the large one that covers the drops). Just something to keep an eye on for you current/upcoming CE owners, as I would want all mine to look cohesive

#9607 9 days ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Wow! That updated backglass does look nice. Did you put a color filter over your score displays??? Neato.
--Scott

Yes, you can get the filters here; http://lockwhenlit.com/products.htm

#9608 9 days ago

Just notified that #107 is ready to ship! Never mind about making room around the Xmas tree - I'm halfway done decorating outside due to great weather and it looks like TNA CE will be home long before the tree even goes up. Spooky is cranking and I love it!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
John

#9609 9 days ago

I just received and installed my new backglass from Spooky and it looks great. So much better!

#9610 9 days ago

Had mine supposed to be delivered Monday but there was significant damage all around and the machine got hit\damaged.

For those that had to refuse delivery, any rough idea on how long it took to get a replacement? Also, did they just fix the broken\damaged one or send a new machine? Hoping for the latter as even though decals can be replaced, who know what happened to the insides when the forks hit this box.

Congrats to those who have theirs and got their shipping notifications.

Hope everyone has a safe holiday.

45904FFA-F13D-486D-BCE2-A0EA437FB26E (resized).jpegD4794A50-F969-475D-9BB3-C5B61F474543 (resized).jpegD4E4D900-C0B1-46A8-9BDB-7A4341172EDA (resized).jpeg
#9611 9 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Had mine supposed to be delivered Monday but there was significant damage all around and the machine got hit\damaged.
For those that had to refuse delivery, any rough idea on how long it took to get a replacement? Also, did they just fix the broken\damaged one or send a new machine? Hoping for the latter as even though decals can be replaced, who know what happened to the insides when the forks hit this box.

Ouch that sucks... sorry

#9612 9 days ago

So sorry to see this! You did the right thing by refusing delivery. Spooky will make it right!
My TNA CE #58 is to be delivered Tuesday, so I hope it makes it safely.

#9613 9 days ago

This looks so much better than the white!

Ordered a set, thanks for the info!

#9614 9 days ago

I received an order of the display filters from them, as well as Pinball Magazine #5 that has a great interview with Scott and Jack Danger.

#9615 8 days ago

How are they installed?

#9616 8 days ago

Trying to find on Spooky’s site where they list the refurbished ones that initially get refused delivery..

#9617 8 days ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I just received and installed my new backglass from Spooky and it looks great. So much better!

Did they send tracking? I’m waiting on mine plus apron fix.

#9618 8 days ago

If anyone wants a score filter and has a 3D Printer I uploaded this a while ago

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4927475

TNA Score Filter (resized).png
#9619 8 days ago

I like the purple filters.

#9620 8 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Did they send tracking? I’m waiting on mine plus apron fix.

Yes, They sent it via UPS. I got my tracking from stamps.com.

#9621 8 days ago

You sir just made me buy some. I like the white contrast OG, but cannot deny the full on violet look on this pin is Amazing!!

Cannot get enough of it!!

Where do I find the mod where the leg protectors illuminates? Making that violet reminds me of Tron.

#9622 8 days ago
Quoted from joelbob:

How are they installed?

They lightly stick to the displays.

#9623 8 days ago

You sir just made me buy some. I like the white contrast OG, but cannot deny the full on violet look on this pin is Amazing!!
Cannot get enough of it!!

Same here: Ordered immediately after seeing your post. Thanks for sharing the link.

#9624 8 days ago

You can go here and pick all sorts of colors. I have used the gray to cut the brightness on some as well, not TNA.

amazon.com link »

#9625 8 days ago

Very cool with the filters guys! Fun fact, the TNA CE numeric display has a dimmer on it now to tamper down the brightness if needed. Just look for the dial on the display assembly.
--Scott

#9626 7 days ago

anyone installed trough lighting kit for apron? If so what color did you use thanks!

#9627 7 days ago

We were recently in Colorado for a family Thanksgiving and we found a great pinball place in the mountains called Lyons Classic Pinball. It's a super spot with a ton of games to play that are all in pretty good shape. They had a room set aside for just Total Nuclear Annihilation with a killer sound system and crazy lighting.

10/10 Highly recommended.

2022-11-19 13.45.32 (resized).jpg2022-11-19 14.18.23 (resized).jpg2022-11-19 14.38.36 (resized).jpg

#9628 7 days ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Original run TNA here. My ball gets air soon after it hits the metal “ramp” trough. See the attached picture with the plastic protector for reference. It has some cracks and chunks out of it. This happens approximately once or twice every four games. I recently bought the game used and it looks like the previous owner has adjusted the screw (looks stripped)on the right of the metal “ramp” in the trough.
It seems to be an issue with the trough ramp being a tad bit higher than the playfield. Just weird that it only happens every once in a while. It would’ve been nice to notch out the playfield so the metal was inset.
Hope these pictures help.
Btw after reading this in post I realized I said ramp…On A TNA
That’s probably not the proper term I just don’t know what else to call it.

FYI: The official part name is the "lane ramp" or "shooter ramp". My screws came stripped from the factory, so yours may have also.

Any one else is experiencing airballs off the ramp screws?

I received my new lane ramp (re-designed), and it still does not fit properly. The screw holes are off by 1-2 cm. Super frustrating because the ramp fits as it should at the orbit. Drilling new holes is out of the question with how close they would be to the factory holes.
new_ramp1 (resized).JPGnew_ramp2 (resized).JPG

#9629 7 days ago

Fill the holes, re-drill, play & enjoy. It’s that simple

#9630 7 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Fill the holes, re-drill, play & enjoy. It’s that simple

Yeah get some dowels. There are 1/8 or 5/16 that would probably be good for that kind of repair. Drill it out then glue the dowels in flush. It would be like starting with fresh wood.
Do all of this without thinking about the price tag of the game

#9631 7 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Yeah get some dowels. There are 1/8 or 5/16 that would probably be good for that kind of repair. Drill it out then glue the dowels in flush. It would be like starting with fresh wood.

On the plus side this hole will be covered by the ramp. Nobody will care to inspect underneath so long as the ramp operates as it should.

I still have not reached out to spooky as I’m on Vacation, but plan to do so on Monday.

#9632 7 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

It’s not a museum piece. Imagine if a musician got a guitar and refused to ride it hard. Tweak it, make it yours… get the ramp right and don’t look back.

Vid has a guide to playfield repair. I believe he’d suggest a marine-grade epoxy. Fill the holes. Let it cure. Drill the new holes… and beat that game!

#9633 7 days ago

I'm still waiting on my replacement. It's been about a week since it landed back at Spooky. The response was "we are trying to get another game for you". Hoping its a new one. No confirmation of ship date yet but hoping soon.

#9634 6 days ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

FYI: The official part name is the "lane ramp" or "shooter ramp". My screws came stripped from the factory, so yours may have also.
Any one else is experiencing airballs off the ramp screws?
I received my new lane ramp (re-designed), and it still does not fit properly. The screw holes are off by 1-2 cm. Super frustrating because the ramp fits as it should at the orbit. Drilling new holes is out of the question with how close they would be to the factory holes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are the two picture posted showing the ramp in the same position? If so that looks like installing the screws will snug up the ramp perfectly, shifting it upwards around 1mm. You shouldn't need to redrill anything.

#9635 6 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Are the two picture posted showing the ramp in the same position? If so that looks like installing the screws will snug up the ramp perfectly, shifting it upwards around 1mm. You shouldn't need to redrill anything.

There's a lip cut into on the bottom side of the orbit that prevents the ramp from shifting up the required distance to align the screws. It's as tight as it will go in that picture. Forcing it would bow the ramp.

#9636 6 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Imagine if a musician got a guitar and refused to ride it hard. Tweak it, make it yours…

I have seen 59 Les Pauls people did that to...yeesh.

#9637 6 days ago

Having intermittent issues with my ball save display. My TNA is in the original build. Other than resetting connectors is there any other thing to check under the playfield. Will work then goes out and doesn't turn back on till I power cycle game.
Thanks
Al

#9638 6 days ago

Guitarguments!!! Yes!
Buying a guitar and playing the hell out of it is different.
If I bought a $10,000.00 guitar and the first thing I needed to do was take the neck off, fill the holes, redrill it out and reset the neck because no matter what adjustments I made at the bridge, truss rod or saddle the intonation was always off because it was set too far forward during production, I'd be pissed.

Its a moot argument though because a 10K guitar better be a neck-thru

#9639 6 days ago
Quoted from mackey256:

We were recently in Colorado for a family Thanksgiving and we found a great pinball place in the mountains called Lyons Classic Pinball. It's a super spot with a ton of games to play that are all in pretty good shape. They had a room set aside for just Total Nuclear Annihilation with a killer sound system and crazy lighting.

This is my favorite place to play. The owners are awesome people and do a great job caring for the machines. Patrons are a good group of people too!

#9640 5 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Guitarguments!!! Yes!
Buying a guitar and playing the hell out of it is different.
If I bought a $10,000.00 guitar and the first thing I needed to do was take the neck off, fill the holes, redrill it out and reset the neck because no matter what adjustments I made at the bridge, truss rod or saddle the intonation was always off because it was set too far forward during production, I'd be pissed.
Its a moot argument though because a 10K guitar better be a neck-thru

The point is, these aren’t museum pieces… tune them up and play them! TNA is no different than other pinballs made in the last 7 decades. Sometimes you gotta roll your sleeves up and tweak’m up to get them playing 100%

#9641 5 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The point is, these aren’t museum pieces… tune them up and play them! TNA is no different than other pinballs made in the last 7 decades. Sometimes you gotta roll your sleeves up and tweak’m up to get them playing 100%

No I think the point is what you said in the other TNA thread.

B999B11F-58C2-43F9-92D8-8A469741CFC8 (resized).jpeg
#9642 5 days ago

Yes, that’s a good point to.

#9643 4 days ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Lyons Classic Pinball. It's a super spot

Quoted from Polypin:

This is my favorite place to play. The owners are awesome people and do a great job caring for the machines. Patrons are a good group of people too!

My kids and I have put around $40 into their TNA there Really great place!

#9644 4 days ago

Does anyone know if stern mirror blades will fit in a tna? I still can’t believe no one is making mirror blades for tna!

#9645 4 days ago

They won't.

#9646 4 days ago

wtf is wrong with these half ass shipping companies lately, doesn't anybody hold them accountable anymore? just had a jp premium that got crushed, then rush premium got a fork thru the box, friend shipped a radical, it got crushed.

#9647 4 days ago

Mirror blades on this game would look cool.

I’d buy a set if possible.

#9648 3 days ago

Has anyone replaced their tna screen? I don’t get any sound when hooking up to the adapter that was supplied. If I hook up to the original adapter I get sound. You think the adapter is bad or is there a setting on it? I waiting to hear back from pinballmods.co to see why he says. Is the sound output in tna normally routed through display board?

-solved I got a bad board and will get a replacement
516EF8B7-9596-4CBE-838F-40A8508823D9 (resized).jpeg

#9649 3 days ago

. Duplicate

#9650 3 days ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Mirror blades on this game would look cool.
I’d buy a set if possible.

You can hardly see them. Not much cabinet side-wall between the plastics and glass.
But I have them installed mainly to help hold up the pinstadium lights.
I usually install mirrors and pinstadium on most all my games.

20221102_075038 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Charles Town, WV
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 9,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!