(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 239.
#901 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Got word mine will be ready by next week.

I got word mine will be ready this week .

#902 6 years ago

AAARRRGGGHHHHH! WHAT NUMBER????????

I’m #191 and know that it’s going to take forever.
I ordered a Tesla model 3 on the first day it was available for order and I’m wondering which I’ll get first. The estimated delivery for the 3 is March/April but I get this feeling it may be later.
It’s a race!

#903 6 years ago

I am number 54 , I will go over to spooky on Saturday and pick it up if that works for them. The next few days at work will suck because I'd rather be playing this game than working .

#904 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I received my cassette today. I don't have a way to play it.

I have portable radio/cassette decks I'll trade for OCD boards

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I am number 54 , I will go over to spooky on Saturday and pick it up if that works for them. The next few days at work will suck because I'd rather be playing this game than working .

Ouch. Looks like I still have a little while.

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

AAARRRGGGHHHHH! WHAT NUMBER????????

I’m #191 and know that it’s going to take forever.
I ordered a Tesla model 3 on the first day it was available for order and I’m wondering which I’ll get first. The estimated delivery for the 3 is March/April but I get this feeling it may be later.
It’s a race!

This cracks me up. My buddy and I are having the same race. He ordered his Tesla 3 first day and has been notified to pick options and received a vin. I’m TNA #119 and we have been saying since August who will get what first: His Tesla or my TNA. He is in the lead!

#907 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Ouch. Looks like I still have a little while.

First 50 will be the slowest built . New game for them , training some new employees . They will get faster and we'll hear more people getting theirs soon .

#908 6 years ago

A few tips from my first few days:
-make sure all your LEDs work. I have 9 lamps not fully working (though Scott and co are on it and sending me replacements)
-Set the game up with all legs at equal height with the casters. At 6.5 degrees, the game feels perfect but crazy fast!
-I made my outlines easier than what was done at factory. While I like it set harder, the game was just too brutal for my non-pinhead friends the way it was. Now the game is hard but not insane.
-Adjust all the slings at the top AND the standup targets all over the pf to be appropriately sensitive to ball strikes. This game requires everything to be setup nicely to reward you for accuracy. My game was initially a bit stiff, but is now playing great after some tweaks.
-Right-handed backhanded multiball locks are essential to big points and advancing reactors
-Take advantage of the ball saver by going for reactor matrix as quick as possible.

Loving this game (it's number one on my ratings list!) and really proud of the Spooky team for what they've accomplished here! Here's to many more successful and innovative games!!

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Set the game up with all legs at equal height with the casters. At 6.5 degrees, the game feels perfect but crazy fast!

I’m not following this advice. Does this mean start the playfield at 0 degrees?

Thanks for the info. I appreciate everyone’s take on this.

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sorry, but the only way you'll hear all the songs is to get to all the reactors....or buy the cassette.

The operators menu has a test mode for the music....but you are only able to hear songs 1,2,3, and 4.

Song 4 is most awesome!

5,6,7,8, and 9 will have to wait till I blow everything up!

I will buy the cassette as my reward for blowing up reactor 9....

#911 6 years ago

Game is on the line and will be done in about 2 weeks.

That's #60. I guess I'm going to be listening to the music on the game soon enough. We'll see how many tracks I get to hear.

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

This is the reason I won't buy a stern spike game.
The fan noise, to me, drives me crazy.
If TNA is the same I will be definitely changing out the power supply.

The TNA is a bit louder or at least 'shriek' (don't know how to describe).

The Spike power supply is very easy to reach and therefore the fan is easy to replace.
I made a video how to do it:

Of course your warranty is void after that AND a silent fan doesn't pump as much air out as the built in one.
But the main thing with the cheaper power supplys is that they're not ventilating corresponding to temperature (wich Stern Spike LE and I think Premium do) but allways on full speed. So with a slower Fan but allways running on full speed it's still more than sufficient, at least in a private home not located in the desert...

...but then again you live in Australia and your streets are... melting?
Better not touch it.

#913 6 years ago

Does TNA use the same Meanwell SE-600-48 coil power supply that RZ uses? They do make a fanless version rated at 600W/48V, would it work as a quieter replacement?

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Does TNA use the same Meanwell SE-600-48 coil power supply that RZ uses? They do make a fanless version rated at 600W/48V, would it work as a quieter replacement?

Correct. Same power supply as Rob Zombie. It is a very solid power supply and I am super surprised to hear how loud this fan is. I have never heard anything like that.

Send me the part number of that Meanwell fanless supply. I know of 2 potential models, but they are 2x-4x the cost. Just curious what you found.

--Scott

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Correct. Same power supply as Rob Zombie. It is a very solid power supply and I am super surprised to hear how loud this fan is. I have never heard anything like that.
Send me the part number of that Meanwell fanless supply. I know of 2 potential models, but they are 2x-4x the cost. Just curious what you found.
--Scott

I would be willing to do a fanless as an upgrade, or will gladly swap it out too if the part number is made available.

#916 6 years ago

I was thinking of mounting a larger quieter fan to the top and disconnecting the internal. RZ is a noticeable fan noise when not playing. Had some good background during a video I shot.

#917 6 years ago

Fan noise....Ha! That’s the Nuclear Particle Acellerator getting ready to send you to the future. The pinball is just a front and your all falling for it...Scott Danesi evil plan is coming together...you have been warned!

#918 6 years ago

The only fanless one I can find that would fit the bill on Meanwell's site is the HEP-600-48, around $200.

#919 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

They do make a fanless version rated at 600W/48V, would it work as a quieter replacement?

The supply we've been using the entire 5 years of Spooky is as robust a model as you can get... anything without a fan is either WAAAY more expensive, or not as stout to handle spikes. This supply is not cheap, but it's super reliable. Trust me, we've looked high and low for a fanless comparable version we trust. We stay with this one for a reason.

We are currently getting some help on an all in one power supply that has no fan (custom made for Spooky by a super cool tech / mfg couple). But, going to take time, testing, $$$, etc.

I agree with Scott... turn it up and play it!!!

#920 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

The supply we've been using the entire 5 years of Spooky is as robust a model as you can get... anything without a fan is either WAAAY more expensive, or not as stout to handle spikes. This supply is not cheap, but it's super reliable. Trust me, we've looked high and low for a fanless comparable version we trust. We stay with this one for a reason.
We are currently getting some help on an all in one power supply that has no fan (custom made for Spooky by a super cool tech / mfg couple). But, going to take time, testing, $$$, etc.

...or remove the fan and MELT IT DOWN!

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Maybe that's what happens after destroying the 9th reactor?

#922 6 years ago

Even the discussion around Total Nuclear Annihilation is more fun than most of the chatter around here! Positive, constructive, fun! I love this title and the people that brought it to us!

#923 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The views and opinions of cool Canadians do not necessarily represent those of Spooky Pinball, Jameco, Mean Well power supplies...

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

-Adjust all the slings at the top AND the standup targets all over the pf to be appropriately sensitive to ball strikes. This game requires everything to be setup nicely to reward you for accuracy. My game was initially a bit stiff, but is now playing great after some tweaks.

Me and a buddy did the same thing with the standup targets. The foam on new targets is too stiff and it takes a hard direct hit to activate them. We adjusted the contacts as close as we could and now they're much easier to activate. Makes the game a bit more satisfying.

We did the same thing on the pop bumper. I've got the spoon contacts about as close as you can get without vibration activating it. If the ball comes anywhere close to the pop, it activates.

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does this mean start the playfield at 0 degrees?

I just said that it plays great at 6.5 degrees. All leg casters flat are a good starting point for this angle.

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I just said that it plays great at 6.5 degrees. All leg casters flat are a good starting point for this angle.

Got it...sorry I wasn't following.

#927 6 years ago

--Scott

I looked into this probably a year ago and can't find my notes on what the model was, but I'm sure it is the same one you guys have already found. It was at least twice as much $$$ if not more and the fan noise isn't bad enough to make me change anything out. I agree it has been rock solid on RZ with zero issues whatsoever.

#928 6 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Just to confirm, if you attach the legs with all casters fully in (lowest setting), then the game should be at 6.5 degrees based on the shape of the cabinet alone, which is also the recommended playfield angle?

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Just to confirm, if you attach the legs with all casters fully in (lowest setting), then the game should be at 6.5 degrees based on the shape of the cabinet alone, which is also the recommended playfield angle?

That's been my experience with this particular game. Nice huh?

#931 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

This cracks me up. My buddy and I are having the same race. He ordered his Tesla 3 first day and has been notified to pick options and received a vin. I’m TNA #119 and we have been saying since August who will get what first: His Tesla or my TNA. He is in the lead!

I also ordered a Tesla M3 on the first day. I should have it by the first week of Feb, definitely before TNA 204 gets here. I think you’re going to lose your bet

#932 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I also ordered a Tesla M3 on the first day. I should have it by the first week of Feb, definitely before TNA 204 gets here. I think you’re going to lose your bet

It’s looking like it. My buddy DruTheFu is rubbing it in the Tesla Model 3 thread. I’m hoping for a Hail Mary.

Spooky: Don’t let my friend win! #119 before M3!

#933 6 years ago

Jammin’

7A075D65-45BD-4C3F-B3C1-97A5D78A4D90 (resized).jpeg7A075D65-45BD-4C3F-B3C1-97A5D78A4D90 (resized).jpeg

#934 6 years ago

I am super pumped to play TNA at INDISC this weekend, and hopely getting a bunch of footage of some of the best players in the world playing the game.

#935 6 years ago

Folks with games in hand - does the PF have Scott's signature on it somewhere under the clear?

I had requested this multiple times and the recent interview with Scott on the Head 2 Head Pinball Podcast kind of made it sound like it might be there, but wasn't conclusive.

#936 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Folks with games in hand - does the PF have Scott's signature on it somewhere under the clear?
I had requested this multiple times and the recent interview with Scott on the Head 2 Head Pinball Podcast kind of made it sound like it might be there, but wasn't conclusive.

It's not there. It would be very hard to make this happen as I do not work at the Spooky facility.
--Scott

#937 6 years ago

It's not there. It would be very hard to make this happen as I do not work at the Spooky facility.
--Scott

That's a real bummer Scott! It seems to me that having you live in a small shipping container outside the Spooky factory so you could sign playfields as they come in would have been a reasonable solution.

Ah well, no biggie. You've done enough sir! Don't worry about it at all.

(...my game is #85, just sayin')

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

You've done enough sir!

We do have some super pretty apron cards he could sign...

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Send him a sac rack with a postage paid return envelope and he'll put some dna on it.

#940 6 years ago

Nice! Sign me up!

#941 6 years ago

Sign me up too!

#942 6 years ago

Me three

#943 6 years ago

Scott spent the night at my house once. I haven't washed the sheets yet. I could cut them up into little pieces and sell them, if there's any interest.

No offense, Chuck, but no one wants the sheets you've used. I've burned them.

#944 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

You may get your Tesla but will it have the batteries in it?

from the Chicago Tribune:

The new Model 3, crucial to the company's success, won't hit full-scale production until the end of June, Tesla said last week — nearly a year after the company began manufacturing the car in small numbers.

Throughout last year, Tesla CEO Elon Musk trumpeted a production level of 5,000 a week by December 2017. In November, he pushed that goal to the end of March 2018. Now that target won't be hit until the end of June. The electric-car maker said in an online statement January 3 that it expects to produce 2,500 a week by the end of March.

Only 1,550 Model 3s were delivered in 2017's fourth quarter. That's on top of the 220 Model 3s the company delivered in the third quarter, for a total of just 1,770 since the first deliveries in late July.

Serious problems turned up last summer at both the company's Fremont, Calif., auto assembly plant and its "Gigafactory" battery plant in Nevada that put the company in what Musk called "production hell."

I would place my bet on Spooky.

#945 6 years ago

How about a drop of blood gattica style?

#946 6 years ago

This is kinda borderline creepy. Not sure when the full creepiness will set in, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Scott spent the night at my house once. I haven't washed the sheets yet. I could cut them up into little pieces and sell them, if there's any interest.
No offense, Chuck, but no one wants the sheets you've used. I've burned them.

Hey, my request was clean and respectful!

...but, you know, if my cabinet happened to have a little swatch of bedsheet stapled to the inside, well... (#NoHomo)

#948 6 years ago

GREAT IDEA: You've got the perfect alternate apron card right here. Use the wallpaper image you just released. Print them up on nice stock paper, sell them on Pinballlife website for $5.

Customers can request a custom personal message for the card when placing their order, and then Scott can sign them with a metallic silver sharpie. It would really pop on the black background of the card. How about his signature & your TNA #? You had me at whitewood? LIONMAN? The possibilities are endless to have your own customized TNA apron by the great Scott Danesi! And he doesn't even have to leave his office!

Keep the stock ruleset apron card on the left & swap out the one on the right with the alternate signed apron card. I'd pay $5 for that! Make it happen guys

apron card (resized).jpgapron card (resized).jpg
cards (resized).jpgcards (resized).jpg

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This is kinda borderline creepy. Not sure when the full creepiness will set in, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed

I have pictures of Scott's wife, but I didn't even want to go there.....oh wait.....never mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.