(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 239.
#851 6 years ago

What number are you?

#852 6 years ago

The wait has officially become painful.

#853 6 years ago

I think Scott has too much time on his hands if he is cranking out cassette taps. Get you butt over to Spooky and start assembling tables!

I’m kidding. That is super cool.

#855 6 years ago

Hey I was just about to post this!
Thanks Whysnow

We are giving away a SIGNED copy of the TNA cassette, details on how to enter are in the podcast.

If you don't want to hear me and Martymainframe talk crap about pinball the Scott interview starts at around 10 minutes and 46 seconds in!

If you want to sub or listen on iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/head2head-pinball/id1263342244

#856 6 years ago

I think I may be insane but I'm in on this bad boy. #270

Can't f***ing wait.

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I think I may be insane but I'm in on this bad boy. #270
Can't f***ing wait.

You have to be insane to be in this hobby.

Congrats on the TNA!

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

You have to be insane to be in this hobby.
Congrats on the TNA!

Never considered buying NIB before. I played this sucker at Tilt in MPLS , I'm hooked I couldn't stop thinking how much fun it was.

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Never considered buying NIB before. I played this sucker at Tilt in MPLS , I'm hooked I couldn't stop thinking how much fun it was.

I know what you mean. That’s why I had to have one too.

#860 6 years ago

congratulation to all the current and soon to be (and potentially new) TNA owners. Things are definitely picking up in the sales department. 4 new sales this past weekend and 3 of them are going on location!

#861 6 years ago

I'd like to give mad props to Spooky tech support...I'm a noob, still learning my way around these things and was having some issues with my table. Christopher & Charlie couldn't have been more available and patient with me to trouble shoot and eventually remedy the issues. Love this company!

#862 6 years ago

I received my cassette today. I don't have a way to play it.

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I received my cassette today. I don't have a way to play it.

That was my dilemma as well. I still have a VCR but not way to play cassettes. I'm patiently waiting for the digital download to rock out to.

#864 6 years ago

You guys need to make a trip to your local Goodwill and pick up a cassette player!

#865 6 years ago

I found a cassette to 8-track adapter!

#866 6 years ago

Texas is now a little more Spooky, thanks to TNA #36 arriving in the lone star state! There’s not much I can add that’s not already been said. Thanks to Scott and everybody at Spooky for making such an awesome game. I can’t wait to see what’s next!

03646E8B-29F3-4ED2-B5AF-DBEE2B4CB945.jpeg03646E8B-29F3-4ED2-B5AF-DBEE2B4CB945.jpeg

#867 6 years ago

TnA in the wild at CBar in Portland

D2B1883C-65AA-47A4-B8CA-BAE22FD545CD (resized).jpegD2B1883C-65AA-47A4-B8CA-BAE22FD545CD (resized).jpeg

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

TnA in the wild at CBar in Portland

Lets see the overhead tv rig also

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You guys need to make a trip to your local Goodwill and pick up a cassette player!

other sources Ebarf, Craigslist, Letgo.

but Why on Cassette?

#870 6 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

other sources Ebarf, Craigslist, Letgo.
but Why on Cassette?

Just like the pin, it's a throwback to the 80's.

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

but Why on Cassette?

Because it's awesome. I bought it because it's a one-of-a-kind collectible and I wanted to support Scott. It would be nice to be able to play it, but I'm not as interested in buying a junk cassette player. I'll probably end up waiting for the digital download (or my game) to actually be able to listen to the music.

#872 6 years ago

If you were truly awesome, you'd provide a player too.

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If you were truly awesome, you'd provide a player too.

Great idea! I know an old pinball buddy that will give him one for free. He used to be an electrician and now he is retired and does pinball restorations. He takes a bunch of naps and is a super generous dude.

#874 6 years ago

Who’s going to make a coin door cassette deck mod. Insert tape into coin door and cassette music plays through game speakers instead of game programmed music.

“Hang on, lemme just cradle this ball a sec while I flip this sucker over to side B.”

#875 6 years ago

Great idea! I know an old pinball buddy that will give him one for free. He used to be an electrician and now he is retired and does pinball restorations. He takes a bunch of naps and is a super generous dude.

Don't be a dick, Scott!!

#876 6 years ago

Naps are awesome.

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Don't be a dick, Scott!!

Somebody needs a hug!

#878 6 years ago

is a super generous dude

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Don't be a dick, Scott!!

I fail to see the dickitry

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

I fail to see the dickitry

Someone must not have gotten a nap today

#880 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Who’s going to make a coin door cassette deck mod. Insert tape into coin door and cassette music plays through game speakers instead of game programmed music.
“Hang on a sec, lemme just cradle this ball a sec whip I flip this sucker over to side B.”

grimnim Do it

#881 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

“Hang on, lemme just cradle this ball a sec while I flip this sucker over to side B.”

Actually I kinda thought about this from day 1. Not necessarily with a casette deck but It'd be nice to use TNA as a... uh, "loudspeaker" since it has richer sound than my actual stereo. XD
(Well should quieten down the power supply fan for that but else it'd be great.)

#882 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Actually I kinda thought about this from day 1. Not necessarily with a casette deck but It'd be nice to use TNA as a... uh, "loudspeaker" since it has richer sound than my actual stereo. XD
(Well should quieten down the power supply fan for that but else it'd be great.)

Yes, I also will be doing this. I also have a spare JL Audio 8" sub which I ended up not using for my truck, and may see about how that can be fit inside a cabinet ( not TNA )

#883 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If you can hear the fan, your volume is way too low. But in all seriousness, this is a very reliable and affordable power supply for coil voltages. I wish we could have a fanless option, but I have not found one yet that I was happy with. Unfortunately, large high current transformers are a bit out of budget for this project. Honestly, the fan is not very loud on any of the TNA games that I have built or have. I wonder if there is something that is making your louder???
--Scott

#884 6 years ago

Well the fan is at least too loud (kinda high pitched noise) to leave the machine switched on while I'm working in the same room.

Took a little video (but the video in itself is not very loud ).
http://www.demolitionsquad.de/extras/flippermarkt/tna-fan.mp4

Maybe the power supply behaves differently on 230Volts.
But it's no biggie. If it really bugs me "maybe" I'll replace the fan.

Edit: Disclaimer: I'm not lamenting. I love my game!

#885 6 years ago

Hey Scott >> Any plans on when to expect new code ?

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well the fan is at least too loud (kinda high pitched noise) to leave the machine switched on while I'm working in the same room.

That does not sound normal for a power supply fan I don't think...

#887 6 years ago

My rotating red light on top of the head box rattles a lot. Can only hear it it attract mode.
Is this the norm?

#888 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

My rotating red light on top of the head box rattles a lot. Can only hear it it attract mode.
Is this the norm?

Yes. That's the way they come from the factory. I added a small bit of teflon grease on the gears and it did the trick.

#889 6 years ago

Does TNA have a radio option in attract mode like Metallica where it will play the 9 songs?

#890 6 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Does TNA have a radio option in attract mode like Metallica where it will play the 9 songs?

Sorry, but the only way you'll hear all the songs is to get to all the reactors....or buy the cassette.

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sorry, but the only way you'll hear all the songs is to get to all the reactors....or buy the cassette.

I bought 2 copies from PBL the day it was released. My wife's old Walkman is floating around somewhere, this is gonna be interesting. haha

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Mine is that loud too. I'm told it's normal

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That is extremely loud. Does it really sound like that in person? Or is the video making it sound way louder than it is?

#894 6 years ago

Haters are gonna hate.

IMG_20180109_105701 (resized).jpgIMG_20180109_105701 (resized).jpg

#895 6 years ago

Yup, that is what I thought.... There IS a TNA tape in there!
dbed55de5c3d975b852493f7cd52c5c2de7f1dbd (resized).jpgdbed55de5c3d975b852493f7cd52c5c2de7f1dbd (resized).jpg

#896 6 years ago

That is extremely loud. Does it really sound like that in person? Or is the video making it sound way louder than it is?

Honestly in reality it's way louder.
(Wich isn't so much the problem, it's more the pitch of the sound it makes).

But srsly no biggie. Usually the game doesn't sit turned on in "attract mode" in a private home (and while playing you can't hear it anyway).
And I can still replace the fan sometime...

#897 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Honestly in reality it's way louder.
(Wich isn't so much the problem, it's more the pitch of the sound it makes).
But srsly no biggie. Usually the game doesn't sit turned on in "attract mode" in a private home (and while playing you can't hear it anyway).
And I can still replace the fan sometime...

This is the reason I won't buy a stern spike game.
The fan noise, to me, drives me crazy.
If TNA is the same I will be definitely changing out the power supply.

#898 6 years ago

Got word mine will be ready by next week.

#899 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Bring it to WI SCS

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

What number? I've been out of pocket and am number 105 or maybe 107 (don't remember for sure...it's something like that) and have a feeling like I'm definitely getting closer.

Here's another question for all owners and especially operators: I've recently started routing pins. I have a GOT Pro, Hobbit Smaug, SS, and AFMr-LE all on route. I am now toying with putting the TNA on location instead of in my home. I'm a little torn on this as I'm really looking forward to playing this pin and having in my collection but I can also see where this thing might kick butt on location. Any insight on home use vs routing is appreciated.

Thanks,

Darin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 210.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/18?hl=jeewiz13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.