(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 239.
#9351 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Thanks for posting.
Does anyone know if we could just have him ship it to Spooky directly for those that haven’t yet had their machine built?
I know on the previous run that you could order upgrades through Pinball Life and have them shipped to have Spooky install?
I know I would need to contact Spooky to see if this was an option and if there’s a charge, but figured I’d ask in case anyone from Spooky could chime in and provide any special instructions and address.
Thanks

Can’t speak of this, but will only say that they did not charge me for shipping. Unless you’re looking for Spooky to do the work for you is what your wanting.. I did not ask.

#9352 1 year ago

I unboxed my CE last Thursday at a friends house before we went to Expo. We put the side rail and hinge lighting on it and then put some games on it and it was super fun, shoots great out of the box. My CE is going to stay there till Saturday after we have a TNA CE launch party in conjunction with a monthly IFPA tournament in Eastern Iowa. Then it will go home with me and have a special location in my game room mostly because its a special pin for my family and the size of the cabinet might not do it justice in my lineup.

Two things to note for those that are getting a CE.

1. I wasn't a fan of the black trim when I ordered it. I was toying with the idea of changing it. After setting it up and wiping it down with a light coat of wax, I changed my mind. It is more than just a colored sparkle....The sparkle has green, orange and other effects change as the light moves across it. It won me over. I am still a sucker for the stainless on the originals but both look good. If you're on the fence I'd recommend wait to see how it looks with your lighting and give some time to win you over, it did me. Another note: Someone might want to clarify how the originals were, but the CE has the Stern style latches for the lockdown bar and not the Williams style lever like my ACNC. This might, or might, not throw wrench in getting an older Williams style lockdown bar but just so you know.

2. I knew on startup the sound was off, like it didn't have enough bass and the backbox speakers were too loud vs the sub. I tried working with the EQ in the cabinet thru the coin door, but didn't really look into it. I know it could be better. At Expo Spooky had a CE set up and we were playing a CO OP game with the Spooky team and Scott D. stopped by and he noticed it right away. Scott said one of the adjustments were not correct. There is an adjustment it backbox that splits the signal to the backbox speaker to the sub and you have to turn down the power in the backbox. Scott said he will post on how to do it but I'm sure some here knows what is going on and can chime in. I'm sure Spooky will correct this in the future CE's but for those few CEs that are out, it probably needs to be done.

#9353 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Can’t speak of this, but will only say that they did not charge me for shipping. Unless you’re looking for Spooky to do the work for you is what your wanting.. I did not ask.

Yes, just figured if mine isn’t assembled that it would just be easier for them to install the black one vs. the steel one if they have it beforehand and they have to install one anyway.

#9354 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I unboxed my CE last Thursday at a friends house before we went to Expo. We put the side rail and hinge lighting on it and then put some games on it and it was super fun, shoots great out of the box. My CE is going to stay there till Saturday after we have a TNA CE launch party in conjunction with a monthly IFPA tournament in Eastern Iowa. Then it will go home with me and have a special location in my game room mostly because its a special pin for my family and the size of the cabinet might not do it justice in my lineup.
Two things to note for those that are getting a CE.
1. I wasn't a fan of the black trim when I ordered it. I was toying with the idea of changing it. After setting it up and wiping it down with a light coat of wax, I changed my mind. It is more than just a colored sparkle....The sparkle has green, orange and other effects change as the light moves across it. It won me over. I am still a sucker for the stainless on the originals but both look good. If you're on the fence I'd recommend wait to see how it looks with your lighting and give some time to win you over, it did me. Another note: Someone might want to clarify how the originals were, but the CE has the Stern style latches for the lockdown bar and not the Williams style lever like my ACNC. This might, or might, not throw wrench in getting an older Williams style lockdown bar but just so you know.
2. I knew on startup the sound was off, like it didn't have enough bass and the backbox speakers were too loud vs the sub. I tried working with the EQ in the cabinet thru the coin door, but didn't really look into it. I know it could be better. At Expo Spooky had a CE set up and we were playing a CO OP game with the Spooky team and Scott D. stopped by and he noticed it right away. Scott said one of the adjustments were not correct. There is an adjustment it backbox that splits the signal to the backbox speaker to the sub and you have to turn down the power in the backbox. Scott said he will post on how to do it but I'm sure some here knows what is going on and can chime in. I'm sure Spooky will correct this in the future CE's but for those few CEs that are out, it probably needs to be done.

Well, 1 small problem that seems like a small adjustment is good to hear. Mine should arrive Friday, but I’m not the best eat for hearing if audio is off… will probably wait till Scott provides a write up to fix it.

#9356 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You just need to buy the original lockdown bar receiver. But yes, the new lockdown bar is the same as R&M, HW and UM. This is the newer style that Spooky has been using lately. This was totally not a malicious thing, just a use of standard parts currently in their lineup.
Here is the lockdown bar receiver that works with the old style stainless lockdown bar. Along with the other stuff you will need to convert your game to look like the first run.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-lockdown-bar-lever-guide-receiver-assembly-wpcwpc-95.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=D-12615
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-200-0042-00
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=01-9011-R_01-9011-L_SS_ghost
https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-gray-legs-set-of-4.html
Thanks,
--Scott

So, you may also need to move the hanger brackets on your playfield for this as well. I have not dissected a CE version yet, but I think it might have homes in the playfield for both hanger bracket positions. Can someone verify?
--Scott

#9357 1 year ago

My sound was great out of box. When it starts a game the sound goes then the bass kicks in a moment after.

The lockdown bar is a bit of an issue and hard for me to get down like normal. It’s almost like glass is an 1/8” too long on the right got side and the bar gets in the way. I have to push the glass in really well and mess with it a little to get it down. The left side is fine but right catches a bit. Almost like it’s not perfectly square. Not a huge deal it needs to be tight or would shake.

#9358 1 year ago

And exactly one week later…
08B89744-375E-4E0C-BBE1-6A58129819CF (resized).jpeg08B89744-375E-4E0C-BBE1-6A58129819CF (resized).jpeg
Seriously, thank you Spooky and Scott for making the CE a reality for those that were late to the TNA party!

#9359 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Thanks for posting.
Does anyone know if we could just have him ship it to Spooky directly for those that haven’t yet had their machine built?
I know on the previous run that you could order upgrades through Pinball Life and have them shipped to have Spooky install?
I know I would need to contact Spooky to see if this was an option and if there’s a charge, but figured I’d ask in case anyone from Spooky could chime in and provide any special instructions and address.
Thanks

I would not sweat it. It takes 5 minutes to switch them out at home and you will have a spare for another game.

#9360 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You just need to buy the original lockdown bar receiver. But yes, the new lockdown bar is the same as R&M, HW and UM. This is the newer style that Spooky has been using lately. This was totally not a malicious thing, just a use of standard parts currently in their lineup.
Here is the lockdown bar receiver that works with the old style stainless lockdown bar. Along with the other stuff you will need to convert your game to look like the first run.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-lockdown-bar-lever-guide-receiver-assembly-wpcwpc-95.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=D-12615
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-200-0042-00
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=01-9011-R_01-9011-L_SS_ghost
https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-gray-legs-set-of-4.html
EDIT: So, you may also need to move the hanger brackets on your playfield for this as well. I have not dissected a CE version yet, but I think it might have homes in the playfield for both hanger bracket positions.
Thanks,
--Scott

Thanks, Scott. That’s not the end of the world. I have everything else, I just need the old style receiver. I’ll order that. The 2 playfield hangers should be easy enough to move, if necessary. Also, did the original TNA have the gray Bally legs? I ordered the chrome ones without ribs. I thought they matched the stainless best. As long as they are the correct height. Thanks.

#9361 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks, Scott. That’s not the end of the world. I have everything else, I just need the old style receiver. I’ll order that. The 2 playfield hangers should be easy enough to move, if necessary. Also, did the original TNA have the gray Bally legs? I ordered the chrome ones without ribs. I thought they matched the stainless best. As long as they are the correct height. Thanks.

Awesome. Yeah the originals had Ball Gray legs on them as a tribute to the 80s Bally games.

#9362 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

The lockdown bar is a bit of an issue and hard for me to get down like normal. It’s almost like glass is an 1/8” too long on the right got side and the bar gets in the way. I have to push the glass in really well and mess with it a little to get it down. The left side is fine but right catches a bit. Almost like it’s not perfectly square. Not a huge deal it needs to be tight or would shake.

Had the same issue. 1/8“ sticking out of one side so the lockdown bar would hit the glass. The cabinet needs to be precisely square to fit the glass. Lift up the front left or right corner or a back left or right corner and you'll see the cabinet square back up. And the glass go flush.

I had to mess with leveling the playfield a bunch to get it so the legs were not torquing the cabinet out of square. So start leveling to the cabinet and then work adjusting the playfield. Check other spots where the playfield can be leveled like the lock down bar hooks. I was able to just hit mine with a BFH to allow them to seat better on the lockdown latch. But you could shim them where they mount to the playfield.

#9363 1 year ago

TNA CE #2 has officially arrived!! Cannot open till tonight which is a buzz killer.

Have you guys had freight companies deliver pinball machines without even scheduling with you? My estimate delivery was Friday and instructions say the freight company will call 24 hours in advance.

This is the 3rd pinball machine a freight company just randomly showed up at my house.

I’m only complaining as what happens if I’m not home? It’s lucky I got off work early today to be home.

Just annoyed. Seeing if anyone has same experience.

Lastly, first box with no holes! Seems the top of the box was pushed in, but nothing I’m to concerned about.

C7D4C28B-8FC1-4D91-923C-83A4D9A30FD5 (resized).jpegC7D4C28B-8FC1-4D91-923C-83A4D9A30FD5 (resized).jpeg

#9364 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

TNA CE #2 has officially arrived!! Cannot open till tonight which is a buzz killer.
Have you guys had freight companies deliver pinball machines without even scheduling with you? My estimate delivery was Friday and instructions say the freight company will call 24 hours in advance.

They almost never call. I basically manage it from my end so I know when they're coming. Pretty much the only semi-reliable option.

#9365 1 year ago

When you do a soft plunge I see on others original games it goes to the right flipper to trap for multiball. Mine hits the top of right sling and goes to the left. Any suggestions? Yes it’s level.

#9366 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

When you do a soft plunge I see on others original games it goes to the right flipper to trap for multiball. Mine hits the top of right sling and goes to the left. Any suggestions? Yes it’s level.

soft plunge/slow roller is supposed to hit the top of the right sling per @thenotrashcougar. those that don't 'fixed' it. watch the early bowen tutorial from TPF(?), he talks about it, nudge it off the right rail.

#9367 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

That is correct. You have to slap the side of the cabinet to get it to the flipper.

#9368 1 year ago

Mine did the same thing so I asked the question back in post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/133#post-5619996. As others have said, per the designer it is supposed to do that.

#9369 1 year ago

So.. sounds like designer wants you to apply another skill set besides trap and shoot. I like it.

#9370 1 year ago

For the record it is supposed to hit the top of the right sling if it is a slow roller or a short plunge. A fast orbit should clear it and go to the right flipper smoothly. Enjoy!

#9371 1 year ago

#11 set up and ready to go! Light up side rails and little spooky!

20221025_181641 (resized).jpg20221025_181641 (resized).jpg20221025_181716 (resized).jpg20221025_181716 (resized).jpg20221025_181732 (resized).jpg20221025_181732 (resized).jpg20221025_181737 (resized).jpg20221025_181737 (resized).jpg
#9372 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

This is the 3rd pinball machine a freight company just randomly showed up at my house.
I’m only complaining as what happens if I’m not home? It’s lucky I got off work early today to be home.
Just annoyed. Seeing if anyone has same experience.
Lastly, first box with no holes! Seems the top of the box was pushed in, but nothing I’m to concerned about.
[quoted image]

Top of mine was pushed in as well. Zero issues!

20221025_141352 (resized).jpg20221025_141352 (resized).jpg
#9374 1 year ago

Looks like I am leaving the club… my pimped out original is sold pending.

Thanks for all the fun times, Scott!

#9375 1 year ago
Quoted from squeekj:

Top of mine was pushed in as well. Zero issues![quoted image]

Glad to hear.. just boxed my at close to midnight and thankfully mine was not harmed as well.

I noticed a lot of buffer “scuff” marks in the artwork decal. Seems like when they applied the decal or was cleaning it before boxing.

Anyone else have that? I wonder if I can take a photo to show…. You have to angle yourself in the right position to reflect light to see it.

Am I going crazy?

#9376 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Looks like I am leaving the club… my pimped out original is sold pending.

It must have been hard to sell because according to Canadian lore there’s always a bunch on the market going for pennies on the dollar.

#9377 1 year ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

It must have been hard to sell because according to Canadian lore there’s always a bunch on the market going for pennies on the dollar.

Ha! Well, I think current run buyers could have saved a whole lotta cheese by buying a HUO game. When it's all said and done, you could save a couple grand and have the same exact experience. But, who am I to say??

Wonderful game!

#9378 1 year ago

Not disagreeing.. I just love the game and was okay with NIB for this game. I tried capturing the powder coating job was major sparkles..

Cool. A nice touch.. you know. Comparing a leg with my Wonka LE, seems each company performs its own process in powder coating.

Spooky’s feel a little heavier per leg and a little rough.

Wonka has a lighter, smooth finish.

I have a feeling Spooky’s powder coating could hold up better in the long run. Time will tell.

2279BBC1-889F-47D8-BE16-C80EB443C573 (resized).jpeg2279BBC1-889F-47D8-BE16-C80EB443C573 (resized).jpeg26B6E8D9-4A41-4833-BB19-C2FA09FCB040 (resized).jpeg26B6E8D9-4A41-4833-BB19-C2FA09FCB040 (resized).jpeg
#9379 1 year ago

The real reason why I love this game.. both my girls love that soundtrack. Not so much how fast reaction time is… but with time they will adjust.

Thanks again Scott and Spooky!! My girls actually play it more than I am right now ;(

15A48758-9E73-4CD1-81D7-4DBB2C9E9924 (resized).jpeg15A48758-9E73-4CD1-81D7-4DBB2C9E9924 (resized).jpeg65D18B76-7147-4887-AFAC-C5791D791B46 (resized).jpeg65D18B76-7147-4887-AFAC-C5791D791B46 (resized).jpeg
#9380 1 year ago

Yeah… I need to buy an invisiglass.

#9381 1 year ago

Quick question for the new TnA CE owners regarding LED speaker lights.
On the original run of TnA, the speaker lights flash the color in sequence with the playfield.
I noticed while visiting my buddy last week, while turning on his CE Halloween, the speaker lights started to do a circular light pattern.
Something new I've never noticed before. I did my software update on my TnA, but lights are still the same.
Was wondering if the new TnA have any new patterns....
Let me know if their are any changes on the new ones.
Thanks

#9382 1 year ago

Anyone know the rough fulfillment time right now if you order one new? Looks like they are still selling on their website and considering buying.
Thanks in advance!

#9383 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Anyone know the rough fulfillment time right now if you order one new? Looks like they are still selling on their website and considering buying.
Thanks in advance!

I hope you are doing well. I would just shoot an email to Spooky and ask the question. They are very responsive. They could probably give you a good idea on timing.

#9384 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I hope you are doing well. I would just shoot an email to Spooky and ask the question. They are very responsive. They could probably give you a good idea on timing.

Honestly, that’s great advice and I’m going to do that now. It’s crazy how awesome this community is and I seem to forget that every once in a while. Haha

#9385 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Honestly, that’s great advice and I’m going to do that now. It’s crazy how awesome this community is and I seem to forget that every once in a while. Haha

Let us know what you learn.

#9386 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

Let us know what you learn.

There are of course variables, but I'd estimate 6-months for the entire build window of TNA. Probably less, but I'd prefer to over estimate.

#9387 1 year ago

People been asking for updates on side light fix. Do at your own risk. Low heat and don’t touch tip to anything. If your handy it’s a 5 min fix.

Pics. First I sealed the large coil and didn’t do anything. Then did it better as well as smaller one. It’s still there but much lower. Turn the knob to adjust light down and put box in bottom of cabinet. By the time you put the glass on it’s almost gone!!!!

36E2BFA0-7F3A-4481-BC80-A8BF6314727E (resized).jpeg36E2BFA0-7F3A-4481-BC80-A8BF6314727E (resized).jpeg4C5BAA70-62AB-4ED4-9B34-71A951206196 (resized).jpeg4C5BAA70-62AB-4ED4-9B34-71A951206196 (resized).jpeg
#9388 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

People been asking for updates on side light fix. Do at your own risk. Low heat and don’t touch tip to anything. If your handy it’s a 5 min fix.
Pics. First I sealed the large coil and didn’t do anything. Then did it better as well as smaller one. It’s still there but much lower. Turn the knob to adjust light down and put box in bottom of cabinet. By the time you put the glass on it’s almost gone!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

So the whine was coming from the transformer, not the zip tied coil. Good information. If you closed up more of the gaps (bend the two coils back to give you access to that exposed corner, for example), you could probably get it even quieter.

#9389 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There are of course variables, but I'd estimate 6-months for the entire build window of TNA. Probably less, but I'd prefer to over estimate.

That should have mine arriving right around my birthday. Earlier would be fine too…

#9390 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the update.

Like Scott would say, just turn up the volume!

#9391 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Yeah… I need to buy an invisiglass.

Is that making the game pop with the young girl playing, that looks awesome..

#9392 1 year ago

CE#4 arrived. Had to plug the USB back into the score displays, it has shaken loose in shipping.

Love it and TBH, the silver plunger housing looks better in person than I anticipated.

DBAC657A-9FC4-46D2-AF25-DB5B9E2DF063 (resized).jpegDBAC657A-9FC4-46D2-AF25-DB5B9E2DF063 (resized).jpeg
#9393 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Love it and TBH, the silver plunger housing looks better in person than I anticipated.

Glad someone else said this. I think the silver shooter looks amazing. It looks like an accent piece. All black would look so dull and boring. Literally turning your CE into the same scheme as a Stern pro.

#9394 1 year ago

Agreed, the accent is nice. However, would have been slightly better if it matched the speaker grills stainless look.

#9395 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

Agreed, the accent is nice. However, would have been slightly better if it matched the speaker grills stainless look.

I get that but it's a piece of stamped metal vs a casting.

#9396 1 year ago

Is there a place to get mirror blades for tna? Pinball life no longer has them.

#9397 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

No

#9398 1 year ago

I heard #19 was delivered. Anyone in the 20s have their CE yet?

#9399 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I’ve been asking that question for 2 years every couple of months. Spooky used to make them but supposedly their machine broke that made it and they never fixed it. I’m surprise no one else makes it that I know.

#9400 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I’ve been asking that question for 2 years every couple of months. Spooky used to make them but supposedly their machine broke that made it and they never fixed it. I’m surprise no one else makes it that I know.

That’s what happened. Issue with the laser cutter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 210.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.