(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 239.
#9151 1 year ago

How do I know what number I am in the build order? I put my deposit down the other day.

Thanks.

#9152 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

How do I know what number I am in the build order? I put my deposit down the other day.
Thanks.

You'll get an e-mail with the subject line of "TNA 2.0 #???" (??? is your serial number) with a nice Q&A about Butter Cab/payment/shipping/ETA/etc. and info on how to contact them.

#9153 1 year ago

Thanks.

You will get an email at some point to let you know. Mine came the next business day.

#9154 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Looks like Ill be joining this club soon with an original run machine, whats the best lcd to use for replacement to better the contrast/off axis picture…

Funny… I read your post and noticed the add right below for the upgraded lcd.

BAC764EA-4714-41F9-BE5F-89470ABB50EA (resized).jpegBAC764EA-4714-41F9-BE5F-89470ABB50EA (resized).jpeg
#9155 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Looks like Ill be joining this club soon with an original run machine, whats the best lcd to use for replacement to better the contrast/off axis picture, and also where do you get those nice lit laser cut speaker grills? Those are the only few things I want to do to the machine, thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ips-lcd-upgrade-interest-rampm-acnc-tna-and-more/page/3#post-7176521

#9156 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Here it is everyone!!!
V1.5.0 has been officially released!!!
https://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=4962

just for reference while playing on the new code today
i got mystery award "locks enabled" and the game immediately ejected another ball for a sort of 2 ball multi ball
except when the first ball drained flippers dropped/ball ended as it recognized to 1st ball as the only ball

not sure if this is a code glitch or a glitch with my game specifically, just putting it out there for reference

cheers Dean.

PS, new code is awesome, juke box is so good and really noticing light show improvements

#9157 1 year ago
Quoted from fourvdean:

just for reference while playing on the new code today
i got mystery award "locks enabled" and the game immediately ejected another ball for a sort of 2 ball multi ball
except when the first ball drained flippers dropped/ball ended as it recognized to 1st ball as the only ball
not sure if this is a code glitch or a glitch with my game specifically, just putting it out there for reference
cheers Dean.
PS, new code is awesome, juke box is so good and really noticing light show improvements

That is most likely your jam opto triggering thinking a ball fell into the trough. You may need to replace the IDC connectors on your trough opto board with the Trifurcons (both sides of the harness). I have seen this before.

Some added info on why this occurs:
I have the software set up in TNA where if the game notices anything strange with the ball handling, it will err on the side of making sure there is a ball in play. I did not want the game to get into a "soft lock" situation where it thinks there is a ball in play and there is not. Is what I did perfect? Nope, but it works well to keep the game running on location. I need to review all of this and make some tweaks eventually, but it works great as is.

--Scott

#9158 1 year ago

Thanks Scott, that does make sense, I thought it was more my game and not the the new code, I’ll look into it, kudos for coding the game that way as it worked perfectly and kept playing.
I just enjoy this game so much it is epitome of pure pinball in my opinion……………..

#9159 1 year ago

I'm on the new code and could get to reactor 9 quick after the update.

I'm quite sure, at least on reactor 9 the gates were open on both sides so it was really hard to get that one to 100%. I think on new code, it will still close a gate so it's quite the same as the reactors before...

Were there standard setting / rule changes? Reactor difficulty was medium with old code and I am on medium now...

#9160 1 year ago
Quoted from MattW123456:

You will get an email at some point to let you know. Mine came the next business day.

Just heard from Morgan, I’m number 160.

#9161 1 year ago

Awesome thanks, any info on the speaker grills? Cant seem to find them anywhere, were they a direct from spooky item?

#9162 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Awesome thanks, any info on the speaker grills? Cant seem to find them anywhere, were they a direct from spooky item?

I don’t know if they were sold separately, as I’m a buyer for 2.0, but they are included in the armor kit: http://shop.spookypinball.com/total-nuclear-annihilation-armor-kit-p22.php

Spooky’s site doesn’t say who did the armor, but the description leads me to believe it is likely Lanez Custom Steel LLC. I purchased my UM from Lanez, and I think he still works for Spooky as his day job, doing their armor as a side hustle. He might sell you a set of grills.

#9163 1 year ago

I have one on order but feel for the price and as it’s now called the CE you shouldn’t have to choose on decals. Butter cabinet should come as std. Come on Spooky make this happen!

#9164 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I have one on order but feel for the price and as it’s now called the CE you shouldn’t have to choose on decals. Butter cabinet should come as std. Come on Spooky make this happen!

LOL… you can make it happen. Just add $1k more!

#9165 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

LOL… you can make it happen. Just add $1k more!

Yeah.. even though Butter is little over 10% increase, I had to pay almost $800 for shipping!! On top of that the tax man.

Whelp, there goes my butter cabinet… could not justify it spite people saying it’s sexy in person.

If you make it happen, I’ll donate money to your suggested charity.

#9166 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I don’t know if they were sold separately, as I’m a buyer for 2.0, but they are included in the armor kit: http://shop.spookypinball.com/total-nuclear-annihilation-armor-kit-p22.php
Spooky’s site doesn’t say who did the armor, but the description leads me to believe it is likely Lanez Custom Steel LLC. I purchased my UM from Lanez, and I think he still works for Spooky as his day job, doing their armor as a side hustle. He might sell you a set of grills.

In the pics on the page selling the mod, the right speaker cover is installed incorrectly - assuming that they are supposed to be the radiation trefoil symbol. It needs to be rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise to match the left one.

Details people, DETAILS!!!

Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 7.56.35 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-08 at 7.56.35 AM (resized).png radiation-symbol (resized).jpegradiation-symbol (resized).jpeg

#9167 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

In the pics on the page selling the mod, the right speaker cover is installed incorrectly - assuming that they are supposed to be the radiation trefoil symbol. It needs to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise to match the left one.
[quoted image] [quoted image]

Clockwise?

The irony.

#9168 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Clockwise?
The irony.

Doh! Why must there always be edits?!

#9169 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

In the pics on the page selling the mod, the right speaker cover is installed incorrectly - assuming that they are supposed to be the radiation trefoil symbol. It needs to be rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise to match the left one.
[quoted image] [quoted image]

Yeah… hope they see that before production

#9170 1 year ago

Oh, and those are different speaker grills then what I assume is coming on TNA ce, which appears to be the TNA logo image ones according to the pics.

For reference those were not available as an option on the original run immediately, came out a few months later, I think later numbers could add them at pay time. I got mine a few months after the machine #95.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9171 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the new TNA CE is coming with an upgraded LCD over the ones Spooky has used in past runs that some have felt needed upgrading?

#9172 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigdaddyrockstar:

Does anyone know if the new TNA CE is coming with an upgraded LCD over the ones Spooky has used in past runs that some have felt needed upgrading?

Website only says Upgraded Metal display panel.
So, guess not… hmm.

#9173 1 year ago

TheNoTrashCougar

Hey Scott, I have a question for you.

When I get my TNA CE, I would like to remove the back box to get it down to my basement (I have a stairway from hell).

Question is this; have they made the wiring easier with molex connectors so I can remove the back box easily?

I remove and disassemble Sterns completely and bring them down piece by piece. Stern has made it very easy to do this. I don’t even need a helper to bring it down to my basement when I do it this way.

Lmk, please.

Some pics attached of GOTG I just brought down on Thursday this week.

5CC3DED5-5AE5-4B88-987A-7161FEF636DE (resized).jpeg5CC3DED5-5AE5-4B88-987A-7161FEF636DE (resized).jpeg972F1B92-B819-4134-806B-AB0DBE451821 (resized).jpeg972F1B92-B819-4134-806B-AB0DBE451821 (resized).jpegAECF049F-CE7E-463C-B704-EF00F9C00E1B (resized).jpegAECF049F-CE7E-463C-B704-EF00F9C00E1B (resized).jpeg

#9174 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigdaddyrockstar:

Doubt it but you can drastically improve the look of it with settings on back. TNA visuals are supposed to look like VHS quality anyway.

#9175 1 year ago

TheNoTrashCougar
When I get my TNA CE, I would like to remove the back box to get it down to my basement (I have a stairway from hell).
Question is this; have they made the wiring easier with molex connectors so I can remove the back box easily?
I remove and disassemble Sterns completely and bring them down piece by piece. Stern has made it very easy to do this. I don’t even need a helper to bring it down to my basement when I do it this way.
Lmk, please.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Probably not quite as easy as a newer Stern but disassembling a TNA, as you did with that Guardians, shouldn’t be too bad.

#9176 1 year ago

TheNoTrashCougar
Lmk, please.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am unsure how easy it is, but I recommend you reach out to Spooky and ask, they will have an answer for you.
--Scott

#9177 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Website only says Upgraded Metal display panel.
So, guess not… hmm.

Damn. $9k doesn’t include the updated lcd???

#9178 1 year ago

I’d assume you’d get the newer LCD. Why would they sell it with the old version..

#9179 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I’d assume you’d get the newer LCD. Why would they sell it with the old version..

I hope its the newer version but if they have old stock to get rid of, that's why they would use it.

#9180 1 year ago

Morgan kindly sent me some TNA cabinet dimensions (height, width, length). I'm posting this diagram here for future reference.

TNA cabinet dimensions (resized).pngTNA cabinet dimensions (resized).png
#9181 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

Awww this is so sweet C’mon #11, help this cute couple out!

Thank you for the support!

One of the best things that have happened to us is the overall support of this community and Retrocade in Asheville, NC! With the help from David (their technician) and the kindness of Mike (the owner) our family will be the recipient of TNA #11!!!

Thank you so very much to the Retrocade family!!! If you are in their area, go check them out! They have a phenomenal fan base and lots of postove vibes on their social media sites! I know when I'm in their area they have a friend for life!

#9182 1 year ago
Quoted from squeekj:

Thank you for the support!
One of the best things that have happened to us is the overall support of this community and Retrocade in Asheville, NC! With the help from David (their technician) and the kindness of Mike (the owner) our family will be the recipient of TNA #11!!!
Thank you so very much to the Retrocade family!!! If you are in their area, go check them out! They have a phenomenal fan base and lots of postove vibes on their social media sites! I know when I'm in their area they have a friend for life!

That’s awesome! And they have a great arcade. I have been a few times in my adventures to the South

#9183 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

That’s awesome! And they have a great arcade. I have been a few times in my adventures to the South

Utterly off topic - just noticed your Laphroag avatar: Love that peaty scotch (light color, great flavor and nice finish)! Well done.

#9184 1 year ago

Actually, mine is wearing out too and getting a bit sloppy on auto launch. There is a Nyliner in there that is probably worn out. Here is the part: https://www.pinballlife.com/14-snap-in-nyliner.html
Here is where it goes on the assembly:
[quoted image]
I have not yet swapped mine out to see if that solves it, but that is most likely the issue. Your autolaunch weldment is probably moving side to side too much and not hitting the ball square.
--Scott

Hello Everyone! So I got the snap in liners and when taking the mech apart I could see the existing liners were totally fine. I changed them out anyway, mech was still super loose. To fix the issue, I removed the switch directly next to the mech and then removed both the C Rings and slid the mech out. I could see that there was still a tiny gap causing the mech to feel extremely loose even with the clip and liners installed, but after removing everything I simply bent the two supports so the opening was slightly wider. This caused the C ring to fit more snugly and now the mech doesn't wobble. It's good and tight and plunges the ball as it should now.

#9185 1 year ago

Just learned that my brother-in-law bought a 007 LE after I bought a TNA CE. That's after I said I was done but here I am adding another game where I don't have the room. And to think that I introduced him to the wonderful hobby of pinball. We both have a problem (just look at our shirts) and that's a first step I suppose... but what a great problem to have. Hope the hobby makes you as happy as it seems to make us!

-4441682017962395211 (resized).jpg-4441682017962395211 (resized).jpg-4777891420699222307 (resized).jpg-4777891420699222307 (resized).jpg
#9186 1 year ago

Thanks TheNoTrashCougar for your key post on the frosted lit drop targets. Pretty easy install if you know your way around a drop target assembly. Love this upgrade, really makes the game pop even more.

image0 (10) (resized).jpegimage0 (10) (resized).jpeg
#9187 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Thanks TheNoTrashCougar for your key post on the frosted lit drop targets. Pretty easy install if you know your way around a drop target assembly. Love this upgrade, really makes the game pop even more.
[quoted image]

Where do you get them from?

#9189 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

[quoted image]

No problem at all! These are coming installed as standard on the CE versions of the game and are fully integrated into the software.
--Scott

#9190 1 year ago

No problem at all! These are coming installed as standard on the CE versions of the game and are fully integrated into the software.
--Scott

Sweet!

#9191 1 year ago

Bump.. Waiting for TNA CE. Enjoying my other games, but dang I got the itch for some TNA to mix into my lineup.

Anyone else impatient?

#9192 1 year ago

Yes I am impatient. #133. Can’t arrive soon enough. Just started a collection of machines this year and this will be game three after Godzilla and Iron Maiden.

Quoted from zermeno68:Bump.. Waiting for TNA CE. Enjoying my other games, but dang I got the itch for some TNA to mix into my lineup.
Anyone else impatient?

#9193 1 year ago
Quoted from Otowner:

Yes I am impatient. #133. Can’t arrive soon enough. Just started a collection of machines this year and this will be game three after Godzilla and Iron Maiden.

Solid lineup. I played a few of the new CE games yesterday and they are playing FAST, or, maybe I'm just getting older.

#9194 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I played a few of the new CE games yesterday and they are playing FAST

Post pics!

#9195 1 year ago

My co-op crew tonight.

20221014_193908 (resized).jpg20221014_193908 (resized).jpg20221014_194204 (resized).jpg20221014_194204 (resized).jpg
#9196 1 year ago

Twins lost interest. Sticking with 4player, 3 turns for her to my 1. Making pinball equitable is fun!

20221014_200457 (resized).jpg20221014_200457 (resized).jpg
#9197 1 year ago

Hi there! I've got a leader board question:

We played coop VS mode a lot and the best (2 players) team will be coop team champ in the leaderboard. That mode is so good on that game. But if you do 3 or 4 players coop mode you compete the same highscore entry, but it's far easier, isn't it?

Shouldn't there be different scores for 2,3 or 4 players coop?

Sorry if asked before, couldn't find anything about that.

#9198 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Hi there! I've got a leader board question:
We played coop VS mode a lot and the best (2 players) team will be coop team champ in the leaderboard. That mode is so good on that game. But if you do 3 or 4 players coop mode you compete the same highscore entry, but it's far easier, isn't it?
Shouldn't there be different scores for 2,3 or 4 players coop?
Sorry if asked before, couldn't find anything about that.

Yeah there probably should be different high score boards for all these combinations, but at the time, I had to draw the line somewhere or I would have never released the update. I suppose I could add another high score entry for 2v2, but it starts getting messy adding one for 2 and 3 player co op.
--Scott

EDIT: I added the 2v2 leaderboard to my to do list.

#9199 1 year ago

Yeah there probably should be different high score boards for all these combinations, but at the time, I had to draw the line somewhere or I would have never released the update. I suppose I could add another high score entry for 2v2, but it starts getting messy adding one for 2 and 3 player co op.
--Scott
EDIT: I added the 2v2 leaderboard to my to do list.

Thanks a lot! What about 3 entries for coop mode and that's it. 2,3 or 4 players coop. 2v2 or 2 player coop is quite the same score wise, right? So cool this already fantastic pin is still software polished by you

#9200 1 year ago

Emailed asking about status of my ce #9 and was told shipping very soon. Also asked about monitor and it’s the same as my Rick and morty which the blacks are too bright. I live with it but they need a better monitor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.