(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 239.
#9001 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Is anyone else getting UPS emails saying your Spooky package will arrive and then UPS continues to update it?
Just annoying to see that. I joined the fang club late where I should not get goodies so I’m not sure why this was sent to me.
Anyone else experience the same?

i joined day before release of tna 2.0 and i just got my cup in the mail, it was after the cut off date too.

#9002 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

How so, Bond Pro is 7k. That makes 9k TNA look REAL bad IMHO.

Bond looks great. I can't wait to play one. Stern's pros are a great buy for 7k, but I promise you there is way more happening in TNA then any Stern Pro.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9003 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

there is way more happening in TNA then any Stern Pro.

In the last 10 years (i.e., the Pro/Pre/LE era pretty much), I count 14 Stern Pros I'd take over a TNA. TNA is a lot of fun, but I have no idea what "happening" means in this context.

This thread probably isn't the place for this kind of comment, but I found the text I quoted to be really provocative and weird.

#yesIveseenthebottomsideoftheTNAplayfield

#9004 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I count 14 Stern Pros I'd take over a TNA.

I count zero.

Quoted from stevevt:

I found the text I quoted to be really provocative and weird.

You *are* reading and responding in the TNA fan club thread…

Did you at least read the last few posts on this page where someone says a $7k Bond makes a $9k TNA look real bad? The text you found so provocative is responding to that silly opinion. As well as to the continual stream of ignorant comments about how cheap people think it must be to build TNA.

Again, this is happening in the TNA fan club thread! I don’t know why you think it’s weird ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#9005 1 year ago

How much longer till the CE’s go in the line?? Have yet to receive an email about butter/no-butter cabinet.

Just growing a little impatient, but I’m sure many of you knew it would be a bit before they start building.

#9006 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

How much longer till the CE’s go in the line?

I recently emailed Morgan with some questions about picking up the machine. She said production to start “soon”. Not sure what defines soon but I would guess a reasonable deduction would be within the next few weeks.

Anyways, to anyone interested, here is some info provided by Morgan for anyone looking to pick up the machine in person and stuff it in an SUV:

“We can leave it in the box on the pallet or we can unbox it and take it off And yes we can help! In the box it's 32x32x62, out of the box it's widest point is 29"”

Credit card, cash, check, or bank transfer accepted to pay off remaining balance.

Tours of the facility available.

#9007 1 year ago

Well, my buddy is order #1 so I'll let you know when he hears about shipping and payment.

#9008 1 year ago

So my buddy kciaccio told me a couple years ago to go play this great game called TNA. I had that opportunity on a business trip, and I was blown away!
I vowed to get my hands on one in the future.
I can now confirm I have a TNA Remake CE on order from Spooky!
Just received the light up side rails and hinges mod as well, so thanks to Scott for recommending them.

#9009 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

So my buddy kciaccio told me a couple years ago to go play this great game called TNA. I had that opportunity on a business trip, and I was blown away!
Just received the light up side rails and hinges mod as well, so thanks to Scott for recommending them.

You know what would be cool if Spooky created a powdered coated Hinge to match the CE trim.

It might look okay if you put the steel hinge with the CE trim, but my OCD would like the same look.

Not sure how hard it would be for someone else to do the powder coat matching.

#9010 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

My side rail and hinge kit arrive today! Gonna be torture looking at them every day waiting for my CE to arrive.

#9011 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigdaddyrockstar:

My side rail and hinge kit arrive today! Gonna be torture looking at them every day waiting for my CE to arrive.

Yes, same here! Made sure I had all the parts and was missing one of the pieces of red tape for the hinges, so that is getting mailed out.
The places around here that had TNA on location don't have it around anymore, so I had to get one of my own.
Which is why I started in the hobby back in the 90's. Games were hard to find on location, and when you did find one, half of it didn't work. Was a sad time for pinball, but not anymore!

#9012 1 year ago

So how do people know what number machine they are getting? I ordered the day the CE was available to non-club members. My order number is 13133 and on a different thread somewhere someone mentioned their order number and machine number but the two did not match.

Who here has the most recent order? Curious how close Spooky is to selling out.

#9013 1 year ago

So how do people know what number machine they are getting? I ordered the day the CE was available to non-club members. My order number is 13133 and on a different thread somewhere someone mentioned their order number and machine number but the two did not match.

When I made the initial payment, I received an email confirmation with my order number.
Later the same day, I received a second email with my build number in the subject line, along with some FAQs.

#9014 1 year ago

Looks like you are machine #161 in line based on the difference between our order numbers. Squirrel sent an email to me a day after I placed the order with my machine position.

#9015 1 year ago

I grew up in the 70's and 80's and would ride my BMX to the bowling ally's, pool halls and arcades to play. So nice I can now afford one for the home. Now I drive 45 minutes once or twice a month to play at Next Level. I'm actually taking a "mental health" day from work today and will be leaving soon so I can be there when it opens.

There is one TNA in my area and the volume is set low which makes it not so much fun to play. I 1st played it this spring. Found it randomly at an arcade in the Bellevue, WA area. The arcade is in an old house with a small bar in the living room. The pin was in a back room. I almost missed it. I was on my way out when I spotted a room in the back and thought, hum, maybe I should take a minute and go see what might be there. Sure enough, there was a TNA all by itself and the volume was LOUD. After one game I was sold! So glad Spooky did a rerun!

#9016 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

When I made the initial payment, I received an email confirmation with my order number.
Later the same day, I received a second email with my build number in the subject line, along with some FAQs.

Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Looks like you are machine #161 in line based on the difference between our order numbers. Squirrel sent an email to me a day after I placed the order with my machine position.

Thanks for that. No follow up email for me. Maybe club members get special treatment

#9017 1 year ago

Thanks for that. No follow up email for me. Maybe club members get special treatment

From the couple times I've emailed Spooky, they have been very responsive. I'm sure if you replied to your initial order confirmation email, you'd get a reply back. Or just wait. I believe they work Monday thru Thursday using 10 hour days. Not sure about those that answer email, though.

#9018 1 year ago

Found it randomly at an arcade in the Bellevue, WA area. The arcade is in an old house with a small bar in the living room. The pin was in a back room.

Any more details on this place? The only place I'm aware of that has TNA on location currently in the entire Seattle area is 8-Bit in Renton. Great location, but a bit of slog to get down there though. Nothing else comes up on the pinball map. The East side is sort of a desert for pinball, so any new places would be good to learn about.

#9019 1 year ago

Any Microsoft retiree want to fund a space near the Redmond town center? Lol.

Eastside needs pin space. I would very much like to learn more about this Bellevue house Arcade as well.

Quoted from DBaron:

Any more details on this place? The only place I'm aware of that has TNA on location currently in the entire Seattle area is 8-Bit in Renton. Great location, but a bit of slog to get down there though. Nothing else comes up on the pinball map. The East side is sort of a desert for pinball, so any new places would be good to learn about.

#9020 1 year ago

I had been waiting on the rerelease but the price was a bit too steep for me. Managed to find one at a great price with plenty of upgrades and butter cab to add back to the collection.

39892653-425C-4605-A1F4-061987AE222F (resized).jpeg39892653-425C-4605-A1F4-061987AE222F (resized).jpeg
#9021 1 year ago

Nice! Yeah the butter cab really makes the pink stand out. I have a butter cab myself and it is crazy bright. Nice find!
--Scott

#9022 1 year ago
Quoted from DBaron:

That's it! 8 Bit. Just a few minutes down the road from where I was staying in Bellevue. Fun place, good for families.

#9023 1 year ago

A post from Scott on Facebook - Looks like a Jukebox mode (similar to what we now see on Stern games) being added to TNA?

I listen to this on Spotify a lot - would be a great addition to the game if so

jukebox_mode_maybe (resized).pngjukebox_mode_maybe (resized).png

#9024 1 year ago

Yes please.
We Vinyl freaks also need the full 12 inch LP Soundtract.

#9025 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

A post from Scott on Facebook - Looks like a Jukebox mode (similar to what we now see on Stern games) being added to TNA?
I listen to this on Spotify a lot - would be a great addition to the game if so
[quoted image]

It indeed is a Jukebox mode where Scott will be showcasing not only the songs of TNA, but every song he's ever created. I think this is fantastic news, this update will be on all TNA's not just the latest builds.

Your Pinball will essentially turn into a Scott Danesi Juke Box. I can totally see, people, upgrading their sound systems from the DIY Speaker upgrade forum to get the full effect of the effort Scott just did to make this possible:

The forum is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

He just added an additional Value and cool factor to his PIN.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9026 1 year ago

Dang.. sweet little update. Now if only Spooky can start reaching out to us TNA CE buyers to get the ball rolling I’d be more ecstatic about the game updates.

Let’s go TNA CE Run! My last pinball spot is waiting for you.

#9027 1 year ago

My guess is since Ultraman is almost done, TNA will take its place on the line ????

#9028 1 year ago

Any CE updates? Not a word from Spooky since I paid the deposit.

#9029 1 year ago

I still check daily. We ordered on 9/1/2022. Only got the initial word what your build # will be. That’s is. No follow-up from team to indicate Butter/no-butter cabinet to get the remaining balance owed.

On 9/29/2022 will mark Week 4. I’m sure some thought it would take this long or longer. From the sound of the emails/FAQ, it seemed 2-3 week window was what was needed. Clearly that feeling was wrong.

#9030 1 year ago

I'm in single digits and haven't heard anything. Have some patience. I'm sure Spooky wanted to get the ball rolling prior to Ultraman/Halloween finishing up. I saw the FAQ it was about a month to start production. I'm expecting mid October based on nothing is on time these days with anyone, not just Spooky.

#9031 1 year ago

They're still building HWN/UM games. It'll be a wait. I would enjoy your other games while they make their way towards TNA.

#9032 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

They're still building HWN/UM games. It'll be a wait. I would enjoy your other games while they make their way towards TNA.

But that's not what they were telling people. On 8/31 I was told production would be starting in a few weeks.

#9033 1 year ago
Quoted from loneranger:

But that's not what they were telling people. On 8/31 I was told production would be starting in a few weeks.

I don't have any inside information and I don't know what else to say, but I've been waiting for my late run UM for a little while now. I just know that they're still building them, and it might be a little bit later than what some people expect.

#9034 1 year ago
Quoted from loneranger:

Agree this is what they where originally saying. However, Charles_Kline did post that a few weeks is more like 4-6 months. I get his statement and is probably the right expectation.

It might not be that long to wait, but the realization that starting production within a few weeks was unattainable expectation. All good. We will just need to wait little longer.

My desire is prior to November. I have lots of vacation time to use and this would be the perfect gift for myself for my Staycation.

#9035 1 year ago

Hey Guys,
I don't have any insight into the manufacturing side of this at all, but I would recommend reaching out to Spooky directly. They will answer your questions.
--Scott

#9036 1 year ago

There are a number of variables, so it's sometimes hard to give an exact production schedule. The initial statement of a few weeks remains accurate. We should have the remaining parts in later this week with production starting soon after that.

#9037 1 year ago

That's a slick looking PinGulp! Since selling my Paragon I've got an extra one kickin' around; maybe I'll give it a couple coats of spraypaint and go for a similar color scheme. We'll see how ambitious I get

#9038 1 year ago

Original TNA has a thicker playfield compared to R&M and ACNC, should it still use the standard Williams flipper bushing rather then the spooky specific one? TheNoTrashCougar

#9039 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There are a number of variables, so it's sometimes hard to give an exact production schedule. The initial statement of a few weeks remains accurate. We should have the remaining parts in later this week with production starting soon after that.

They said a "few weeks" but didn't say when the start time was lol.

#9040 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Original TNA has a thicker playfield compared to R&M and ACNC, should it still use the standard Williams flipper bushing rather then the spooky specific one? TheNoTrashCougar

Oh, no need to worry about the flipper bushings. Spooky will have the right ones installed on the game from the factory.
--Scott

#9041 1 year ago

Would a menu option to replace "the beep" be possible in the new code?

#9042 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Would a menu option to replace "the beep" be possible in the new code?

It would not, sorry.

#9043 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Oh, no need to worry about the flipper bushings. Spooky will have the right ones installed on the game from the factory.
--Scott

Thanks for the reply Scott, I was wondering about replacing them on the original TNA

#9044 1 year ago

It would not, sorry.

Was worth a shot, thank you.

#9045 1 year ago

Scott any more juicy bits you gonna add to the code. What about adding a siren to the pin..

#9046 1 year ago

Yes please add a siren code especially if we want to add a physical siren to the game? Maybe when one of the reactor is about to get destroyed?

#9047 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Yes please add a siren code especially if we want to add a physical siren to the game? Maybe when one of the reactor is about to get destroyed?

So this is already in the game. To install a siren, here is what you need to do.... ..but you need to do this at your own risk as I and Spooky take no responsibility if you break stuff or hurt yourself. If you do break stuff, it will be easy enough to fix though... This is not for the faint of heart as it is a very complex installation to do correctly and safely, but here are the high level steps on how it is done.

Step 1: Buy a 120v Siren and a 12v relay that can switch 120v AC. Usually automotive relays can handle up to 220vac on the switched side, but double check.
Step 2: Disconnect your backbox LED Strip
Step 3: Directly connect your backbox LED strip to a 12v power source in the game
Step 4: Connect the 12v side of the relay to the Backbox LED Strip connector (sot the relay is now controlled by the game)
Step 5: Connect your 120v siren to the switching side of the relay, so it turns on when the backbox LED gets triggered.
Step 6: In the service menu, navigate to "Gameplay (Feature)" and change "Backbox Drive Last Reactor Only" to "Yes"
Step 7: In the same menu, change "Annihilation After Reactor" to whichever reactor you think you can destroy.

This will ultimately turn on the backbox LED driver when the last reactor goes critical. This will in turn trip your relay activating your siren. Crazy, right???

ADDITIONAL INFO: If you want the siren to go off on every reactor, just attach the relay to the beacon light. That comes on for every reactor, just make sure you disable the beacon in attract mode otherwise you will get a good scare every once in a while.

Again, please don't do this unless you know exactly what you are doing. This is pretty advanced and you can break stuff or hurt yourself if you are not careful. In fact, don't do this at all. Yeah, that's right, I changed my mind, don't do this.

--Scott

#9048 1 year ago

So this is already in the game. To install a siren, here is what you need to do.... ..but you need to do this at your own risk as I and Spooky take no responsibility if you break stuff or hurt yourself. If you do break stuff, it will be easy enough to fix though... This is not for the faint of heart as it is a very complex installation to do correctly and safely, but here are the high level steps on how it is done.
Step 1: Buy a 120v Siren and a 12v relay that can switch 120v AC. Usually automotive relays can handle up to 220vac on the switched side, but double check.
Step 2: Disconnect your backbox LED Strip
Step 3: Directly connect your backbox LED strip to a 12v power source in the game
Step 4: Connect the 12v side of the relay to the Backbox LED Strip connector (sot the relay is now controlled by the game)
Step 5: Connect your 120v siren to the switching side of the relay, so it turns on when the backbox LED gets triggered.
Step 6: In the service menu, navigate to "Gameplay (Feature)" and change "Backbox Drive Last Reactor Only" to "Yes"
Step 7: In the same menu, change "Annihilation After Reactor" to whichever reactor you think you can destroy.
This will ultimately turn on the backbox LED driver when the last reactor goes critical. This will in turn trip your relay activating your siren. Crazy, right???
Again, please don't do this unless you know exactly what you are doing. This is pretty advanced and you can break stuff or hurt yourself if you are not careful. In fact, don't do this at all. Yeah, that's right, I changed my mind, don't do this.
--Scott

Thanks will research this further. If I change annihilation after reactor 3 for example, would I see the end of the game “beating it” after I destroy reactor 3? I want to be able to hear the siren but I don’t think I will ever get to 9 reactors. So I will see the end of the game after I destroy reactor 3 then?

#9049 1 year ago

I like that Danesi dudes style. I’m glad I got a new CE coming…

#9050 1 year ago

I have no clue how long it takes for them to get one out or a "batch". How has the other models shipped - time wise?

Just taking a wild guess - maybe I'll see mine in late January?. Order placed 9-7-2022. Supposedly game #138. I was told 4-6mos approx for this run.

I ordered a Spooky hoodie to keep me warm while waited.. LOL.. Received it already

Spooky just posted the run is about to start soon!..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Wanted
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
10,000 (Firm)
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
There are 11,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/181 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.