(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 239.
#8951 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Question on butter cabinets. Are the backbox sides any different than non butter? I’m trying to decide. This game might not go into my lineup downstairs but go upstairs but go by itself in the living room. I’m leaning not getting butter because the art is fine but don’t blow me away but will be one of the few games in my collection that you will actually see the side art.

The head is direct printed on the butter cabs. I have butter on RaM and UM, but I plan non-butter for TNA, as the graphics aren’t that detailed.

#8952 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

The head is direct printed on the butter cabs. I have butter on RaM and UM, but I plan non-butter for TNA, as the graphics aren’t that detailed.

Thanks. I agree.

#8953 1 year ago

Hey folks- game is going through a ball search at power up- then on ball 2 it ejects a second ball (then when either one drains the ball is “over” and flippers die). I checked all trough switches and they look good. Any ideas what else could be? Thank you

#8954 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hey folks- game is going through a ball search at power up- then on ball 2 it ejects a second ball (then when either one drains the ball is “over” and flippers die). I checked all trough switches and they look good. Any ideas what else could be? Thank you

Oh and there is occasionally a restart that happens- game just reboots- usually sometime in 3 min after initial power up

#8955 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I’d start troubleshooting with the switch test menu with the playfield lowered. Could be a switch that opens when the playfield is up, then closes when you lower the playfield.

#8956 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

May not be the problem but with a "no harm, no foul" approach: Check to see that the balls aren't magnetized as it can affect trough readings/ball ejects. Easy enough and always pays to start with the least intrusive, working up to the more involved diagnostics.

#8957 1 year ago

I turn the game on and this is as far as it gets. No attract mode lighting and no screen. The screen will actually shut off after about 5 secs of the no signal message. Anyone have any suggestions for a fix?

A83527BA-A295-4030-B865-B6E7502986F6 (resized).jpegA83527BA-A295-4030-B865-B6E7502986F6 (resized).jpegDA133A81-F276-4A92-86E4-729F45F08D52 (resized).jpegDA133A81-F276-4A92-86E4-729F45F08D52 (resized).jpeg
#8958 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I turn the game on and this is as far as it gets. No attract mode lighting and no screen. The screen will actually shut off after about 5 secs of the no signal message. Anyone have any suggestions for a fix?
[quoted image][quoted image]

After researching this thread I found out about that little white button in the head. Problem resolved.

#8959 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Check to see that the balls aren't magnetized as it can affect trough readings/ball ejects

What happens is the balls stick together and stop rolling down … and end up in between the trough switches. Game looses track of the balls. Confusion ensues.

rd

#8960 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Oh and there is occasionally a restart that happens- game just reboots- usually sometime in 3 min after initial power up

what kind of reboot? the screen only, or the full game, pf lights etc.

I had some issues that the screen would restart it felt like, but it wasn't the full game.

#8961 1 year ago

Finally gave the 45 a spin today. Nice!

PXL_20220917_195202104 (resized).jpgPXL_20220917_195202104 (resized).jpg
#8962 1 year ago

TNA CE / 2.0 / Remake will be first ever NIB game.

Any recommendations for must-have items to both protect and enhance it?

I've already ordered the Flashinstinct decals.
I see mixed reviews on the Cliffy scoop hole protector.
What's the take on cabinet/leg protectors?

#8963 1 year ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

Congrats! The decals are cool and quite durable. I think you don't need the Cliffy in that case and as far as I know it can cause ball hang ups. I mylared my scoop and it's doing well. But you can't do anything wrong with a Cliffy as well... Leg Protectors are not needed as far as I know. My tna first run legs don't touch the decals, no issues there.

#8964 1 year ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

With a home-use-only game there isn't much in the way of protection that you need to do. My only enhancements these days, especially on new pins, are Pinstadiums (not sure about this on TNA CE yet), a Comet Head Lighting Kit (credit to Greg Bone at SDTM), whatever mods I think are cool, and a WiFi connected power plug (very convenient!).

#8965 1 year ago

Friends don’t let friends Pinstadium TNA!

Myyyyyy eeeeyeeeesss!!

rd
1365737A-CC91-4003-8B94-2536DEB6713E (resized).jpeg1365737A-CC91-4003-8B94-2536DEB6713E (resized).jpeg

#8966 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Friends don’t let friends Pinstadium TNA!
Myyyyyy eeeeyeeeesss!!

rd
[quoted image]

I knew there'd be someone to reply like this.

If it is as dark as it is in this picture in my room then you can bet that I'll be putting Pinstadiums in!

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 3.19.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-17 at 3.19.51 PM (resized).png

#8967 1 year ago

Pinstadiums look beautiful on my ACNC and the UV flash is amazing addition to game play.

2 acnc (resized).jpg2 acnc (resized).jpg
#8968 1 year ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

The Flashinstinct decals are great on TNA, and my experience with the Cliffy scoop protector was great. Mine didn’t stop the ball or affect play at all. And that scoop can take a beating without one. The only other mods I had were the neon green plastic protectors, which come with the 2.0, and I had the color-changing led timer between the flippers, which Pinball Life used to sell. I think I bought the last one. They sold out over a year ago. TNA is an awesome game, you’ll be happy with your first NIB!

#8969 1 year ago

Oh, and I swapped my 3 drop targets for clear ones, which also come with the 2.0. The black target decals look great on the clear drop targets.

F4688B7F-6217-42CC-BF58-1A0ADDE51E18 (resized).pngF4688B7F-6217-42CC-BF58-1A0ADDE51E18 (resized).png71F564E8-6832-44A6-8D33-A9458216CFC9 (resized).png71F564E8-6832-44A6-8D33-A9458216CFC9 (resized).pngE6168E12-BA54-410E-B735-0C83076C1FAE (resized).pngE6168E12-BA54-410E-B735-0C83076C1FAE (resized).png56423C92-1BA2-4DDE-8C13-8B2A1E51E7FF (resized).png56423C92-1BA2-4DDE-8C13-8B2A1E51E7FF (resized).png
#8970 1 year ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation-pingulp-30-beverage-caddy.html?Category_Code=PinGulpBeverageCaddies

#8971 1 year ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

The cliffy may make the hole too tight? I’ve read mixed reviews. But I haven’t used one yet, keep forgetting to get one.

I use the PBL metal leg protectors on ever single game that passes through my hands. Unless they have factory ones (new stern and cgc)

#8972 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The cliffy may make the hole too tight? I’ve read mixed reviews. But I haven’t used one yet, keep forgetting to get one.
I use the PBL metal leg protectors on ever single game that passes through my hands. Unless they have factory ones (new stern and cgc)

I hadn’t heard that, but maybe. The issue I heard was that slow-rolling balls from the upper playfield area would rest on the edge of the protector. I never experienced that myself, but it’s certainly possible.

#8973 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I hadn’t heard that, but maybe. The issue I heard was that slow-rolling balls from the upper playfield area would rest on the edge of the protector. I never experienced that myself, but it’s certainly possible.

awesome. I'll order the tna cliffy set w/ my next order.

#8974 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

awesome. I'll order the tna cliffy set w/ my next order.

I put the scoop cliffy on mine and the ball would get hung up on the upper area every once in awhile. The ball search would kick it in, but I’d prby skip that one.

#8975 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

I put the scoop cliffy on mine and the ball would get hung up on the upper area every once in awhile. The ball search would kick it in, but I’d prby skip that one.

That happened on tron a lot and I think cliffy put a "cut" in the protector to let the ball roll into the scoop.

#8976 1 year ago

I get asked a bunch what Mods to put on the game. Here is my default answer.

I would definitely recommend getting the lit side rail and hinge kit from Hooked On Pinball.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p115/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-TNA-Side-Rail-Illumination-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p130/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-Ghost-Hinge-Add-On-for-Rail-Kit.html

As for pinstadiums, I do not personally like these on this game as it makes the lightshows much less impactful. I know they tried to integrate it a bit into the lightshows, but I just personally think they are unnecessary and did not fully capture what I was going for.

A cliffy is probably not needed as this game has a built in protector inside the scoop. Just put a bit of mylar where the ball can hit the edge of the scoop cut out and you will be good to go. I personally never protected mine and it is still solid.

--Scott

#8977 1 year ago

Replaced the coil stops and sleeves and noticed that there were no spring washers. Were all TNA's produced like this? Just curious, because I will occasionally get some humming from my flipper coils.

#8978 1 year ago

Replaced the coil stops and sleeves and noticed that there were no spring washers. Were all TNA's produced like this? Just curious, because I will occasionally get some humming from my flipper coils.

Do you mean lock washers?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8979 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Do you mean lock washers?
[quoted image]

spring washer, it goes between the coil and coil stop, usually

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8980 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

spring washer, it goes between the coil and coil stop, usually[quoted image]

Weird, I can’t recall working on any game that had those between the coil and the stop…

#8981 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Weird, I can’t recall working on any game that had those between the coil and the stop…

I can assume that TNA never had spring washers installed based on your post.

Any idea on why the flipper coils will buzz or hum when trapping the ball?

#8982 1 year ago

I’m not in the Fang club. Is this run sold out already?

#8983 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I’m not in the Fang club. Is this run sold out already?

I was able to add to cart just now

#8984 1 year ago

Is anyone else getting UPS emails saying your Spooky package will arrive and then UPS continues to update it?

Just annoying to see that. I joined the fang club late where I should not get goodies so I’m not sure why this was sent to me.

Anyone else experience the same?

#8985 1 year ago

I can assume that TNA never had spring washers installed based on your post.
Any idea on why the flipper coils will buzz or hum when trapping the ball?

Oh, I know why the flippers buzz like that! It is because I am PWMing the flipper power on the main winding when you hold up your flipper. This helps reduce the knockdowns that can happen when balls hit the upright flipper at high velocities. It is totally normal to make that sound and no, TNA did not come with spring washers on the coil. What the sound is actually indicating is that you do not have your speaker volume turned up enough.
--Scott

#8986 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Is anyone else getting UPS emails saying your Spooky package will arrive and then UPS continues to update it?
Just annoying to see that. I joined the fang club late where I should not get goodies so I’m not sure why this was sent to me.
Anyone else experience the same?

Ask in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-fang-club/page/5#post-7133419

#8988 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Oh, I know why the flippers buzz like that! It is because I am PWMing the flipper power on the main winding when you hold up your flipper. This helps reduce the knockdowns that can happen when balls hit the upright flipper at high velocities. It is totally normal to make that sound and no, TNA did not come with spring washers on the coil. What the sound is actually indicating is that you do not have your speaker volume turned up enough.
--Scott

Thank for the reply Scott. Now I have peace of mind. I also had a feeling I would get a response to turn the volume up to get rid of the buzzing lol

#8989 1 year ago

Digit display posted previously is no longer available is this the correct one to upgrade TNA now?

https://www.pinballlife.com/dual-numeric-display-assembly-for-rick-and-morty.html

#8990 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Digit display posted previously is no longer available is this the correct one to upgrade TNA now?
https://www.pinballlife.com/dual-numeric-display-assembly-for-rick-and-morty.html

That will work, but it is a white display. There will be more green ones available when the CE run gets underway. Many people do put the white ones in though.
--Scott

#8991 1 year ago

So I have my TNA in a space that fits perfectly for its height. Does anyone know if any other spooky games are the same height or are all the games taller?

#8992 1 year ago

Higher like sterns

#8993 1 year ago

Is there an opportunity to update the TNA manual with the upcoming CE version?

I just had 3 LEDs which were not working. From the manual I could see that they were all on board PD-LED 0 which was reasonably easy to find (but it would be helpful to have a layout diagram to identify which of the 5 boards was which).

But man, trying to track the maze of ribbon cables back to a specific one of the 6 connectors on the board so I could get the hot glue off and reseat it was much harder than it needed to be. Another column in the RGB layout that identified which connector to look at would be fantastic.

PS, I don't have a hot glue gun - how long will the connections last without the glue - it was the most internal one, so I needed to take another one off to free up the problem one!

#8994 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

So I have my TNA in a space that fits perfectly for its height. Does anyone know if any other spooky games are the same height or are all the games taller?

You seek the classics.

#8995 1 year ago

TNA price not looking so bad now with Stern's new pricing. Should sell out for those waiting on the bond release.

#8996 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

TNA price not looking so bad now with Stern's new pricing. Should sell out for those waiting on the bond release.

How so, Bond Pro is 7k. That makes 9k TNA look REAL bad IMHO.

#8997 1 year ago

Tna remake is more in line with stern premium or a bit under maybe but more than a pro.

#8998 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Tna remake is more in line with stern premium or a bit under maybe but more than a pro.

I guarantee Stern would sell TNA for the same price as Spook.

#8999 1 year ago

Wait until we see the prices on that flat Elwin bond, lol.

#9000 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I guarantee Stern would sell TNA for the same price as Spook.

They were selling Heavy Metal for 8k and that is a home pin reskin. Bet you ass Stern would be selling TNA for 9k.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/180 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.