(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 239.
#8651 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I’m not convinced it will insta sell out…no licensed theme, economy is pretty rough right now and Halloween/Ultraman probably left some gun shy with spooky. This is obviously different since it’s a rerun. I am very curious to see how quickly it sells. I know this game has hard core fans, but it’s pretty obscure.

Hmmm obscure....?? Your posting on PINSIDE.
TNA is a Original Theme/story.
That's a plus, it's called Creativity.
With all the Failures in the Industry we've seen in the last 10 years, ...... TNA and Spooky are the best story in our Hobby.
It also has the Greatest Soundtract in Pinball.
Stunning Lightshow.
Intense one of a kind Gameplay, and the most hilarious 4 player, or Co-OP action.

I'll never sell my OG#62. its wonderful there will be more TNA in the world.
Cheers.

#8652 1 year ago

I keep seeing “unlicensed/no theme” as part of the cost discussion. I mean, it’s not like Zepplin (where the “theme” cost clearly ate in to the lack of… well, anything in the game), or Beatles (where the cost of the license shot the price up on a street level game beyond Stern’s normal pricing) for sure. But I’m fairly sure Scott must own the IP and is licensing it to Spooky. Do artists not deserve to be compensated for their IP/code/design/music/etc? Should Spooky sell these to you at cost+labor only? I don’t get the logic here.

I get people are disappointed because you want something to be less expensive or you can’t justify the price, or can’t afford it, or you won’t buy it on principle. It’s a forum, voice your thoughts. But I see a pretty great game with what was all the factory options before in it, plus mods, plus lit drops (not available at prior build time), plus new displays (only available as a retrofit after R&M came out), plus all the challenges of pricing. Yep, it’s expensive. If I didn’t have one, I’d see the value for me personally.

Either way, let’s see how the market speaks in a few days. We’re just yelling at the cloud for a few days.

#8653 1 year ago

Thoughts on black powder coat instead of chrome? Like the chrome better since sterns are mostly black. Anyone have any custom colors they did? Post pics.

#8654 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

All the current owners should be happy to get a boost in resale value.

...and I was about to post mine. It's funny that mine looks like the "upgraded" one because I got all the accoutrements that Scott said he liked. That must've been what they went by when they decided what to add.

#8655 1 year ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

All the current owners should be happy to get a boost in resale value.

The simultaneous sting of being priced out of a new one and a used one at the same time

I was in for a new one at $7500, doesn't even look like that will cover a used original now, lol!

Love the game though, and I'll still be trying to find a way to get one in my collection...though it's likely to involve a 3-for-1 trade or something crazy like that.

Glad to see more in circulation, at very least! To those who are stepping up to own one of these: congrats!

Edit: I'll admit, I was probably being too optimistic they'd release it that cheap. Just hard watching the values on all these games shoot up so quickly though

#8656 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

The simultaneous sting of being priced out of a new one and a used one at the same time
I was in for a new one at $7500, doesn't even look like that will cover a used original now, lol!
Love the game though, and I'll still be trying to find a way to get one in my collection...though it's likely to involve a 3-for-1 trade or something crazy like that.
Glad to see more in circulation, at very least! To those who are stepping up to own one of these: congrats!
Edit: I'll admit, I was probably being too optimistic they'd release it that cheap. Just hard watching the values on all these games shoot up so quickly though

I hear ya... Rick and Morty was my last NIB, and paying for the BSE edition was like pulling teeth, I can afford it, but I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to certain things.... like Pinball.

At this Point it's only a short list of Grail Themes that will get me to jump on a NIB.

Big Trouble in Little China
Escape from New York
Van Halen
BÖC
Motörhead
Blade Runner
The Thing

And it doesn't sound like any of these, or even more obscure Licences are gonna be made.

Guess I'm safe $$ wise, hunting for more 1978-1984 Solid States.

#8657 1 year ago

I bought mine new a long time ago. Options were mirror blades & shaker/knocker. Passed on the butter cabinet. Nope, its not for sale

#8658 1 year ago

I orded mine pretty early on, I got #62, I think the only options were plastic protectors, coin box, shaker/knocker and mirror blades... mayby?
Was TNA the first Game with Butter option?

#8659 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I orded mine pretty early on, I got #62, I think the only options were plastic protectors, coin box, shaker/knocker and mirror blades... mayby?
Was TNA the first Game with Butter option?

Yes it was. I think there is a little over 30 or so TNAs w/ butter.

#8660 1 year ago

I really dont think this will sell well at $9k

#8661 1 year ago

I was so looking forward to buying a TNA 2.0.

But not any more at 9k! And, especially because I took an $1100 loss on my Halloween spot. Oh well. That’s my own fault, I guess…

I think Stern has won me over and they will be getting my next new pinball machine purchase. It’s a shame because I really did like Spooky before and was looking forward to some of their upcoming titles.

#8662 1 year ago

Such a great pinball machine. I am coming to the conclusion that there are so many modern pinball machines that I will never be able to own or afford. Best wishes for Spooky and Scott. Looking like I'll be turning into an EM enthusiast, but my fingers are crossed to get a few classic solid states or maybe one more System 11.

#8663 1 year ago

Most people's 1.0s have even more options than the 2.0s.

From 2.0 options, mine has:
Plastic Protectors
Knocker
Shaker
Custom Laser Cut Side Rails
Lit Speaker Kit and Grills
Lighted Drop Targets

Plus these:
RGB ball save display (is this not on 2.0?)
Lit side rails
LED front legs (pink)
LED shooter (pink)
LED undercab (pink)
LED flipper buttons (pink)
Upgraded IPS LCD
Factory mirror blades
Flash Instinct stickers
Upgraded pop bumper
External sub

It's a great game - I'm glad more people are able to get one!

#8664 1 year ago

I really wanted this. But at 9k plus tax and shipping...hell no

#8665 1 year ago

Can pinside add the 2.0 to the machine page so we can be specific for our list?

#8666 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I really wanted this. But at 9k plus tax and shipping...hell no

Aren’t they selling for 9k used? I think new for 9k isn’t bad?

#8667 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I mean with that logic when CGC remade MM, they should have charged like $18k since that’s around what used ones were going for.

I think a lot of people (myself included) were hoping the new ones would be at a more realistic price point in order to level set the pricing structure.

All that said, I wish Spooky nothing but the best. It’s just not for me at this price.

#8668 1 year ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Yes it was. I think there is a little over 30 or so TNAs w/ butter.

Rob zombie had the butter option as well, not sure on AMH. the direct printed WOZ cabinets were also done through charlie for jersey jack

#8669 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Not sure that makes sense - TNA 2.0 is a misnomer - it's not a different game, just a rerun.

#8670 1 year ago

The amount of newbism being exposed on some of these comments at is shocking.

Count the coils, folks, and stop giving $80s in ramps so much weight.

#8671 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Yea, I'll put money down that they sell out in less than 24 hours.

#8672 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Gone in seconds IMO. Given the current prices out there these days, I'm not surprised to see it at $9K. It would have been a stretch for me at any price, TBH, so whatever. I'm pretty confident 250 people will gleefully pay whatever they need to in order to get in on the run.

Bummer, but that's my reality. I'm just not a NIB buyer. I was personally hoping for a run of far more than 250, thinking maybe diluting the run quantity could help on prices in a few years. I don't think 250 moves the needle.

#8673 1 year ago

I looked at joining the fang club a couple weeks ago, but it said you had to be signed up by August 1st for the 2022 “goodies”. I figured this meant early access so I didn’t sign up. At $9k I’m not sure I would have followed through anyway. I wasn’t that shocked but was thinking $8k would be reasonable.
Maybe it’s because they are doing such a limited run, but I figured with the code and layout all in place it would be cheaper to manufacture. The plans are complete, just assemble.

#8674 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

I looked at joining the fang club a couple weeks ago, but it said you had to be signed up by August 1st for the 2022 “goodies”. I figured this meant early access so I didn’t sign up. At $9k I’m not sure I would have followed through anyway. I wasn’t that shocked but was thinking $8k would be reasonable.
Maybe it’s because they are doing such a limited run, but I figured with the code and layout all in place it would be cheaper to manufacture. The plans are complete, just assemble.

This is my thinking and experience 100%.
I love the machine! I can picture the music in my head right now.

#8675 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Quoted from damadczar:

There's no such thing as TNA 2.0 (2.0 implying new redesigned game).
There's just another run of the original TNA with some default bling added (clear drop targets, green plastic, newer timer, etc...al), and Spooky's newer backbox hinge system. Still in same cabinet.

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

This is 100% correct.
--Scott

#8676 1 year ago

I love TNA but 9k is way too much.

#8677 1 year ago

Scott said there’s no way it’d be $10k, but at $9k + tax + shipping…that’s where you’re at. I think he also said, Spooky wanted it to be their best selling game, and we get a 250 limited run?

#8678 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Almost 90% of folks here are out.. I'd take that bet. $50?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/3#post-7108849

#8679 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Scott said there’s no way it’d be $10k, but at $9k + tax + shipping…that’s where you’re at. I think he also said, Spooky wanted it to be their best selling game, and we get a 250 limited run?

I think he also said he has no say in the pricing. I’m hoping a good portion of the price is going directly to him.

#8680 1 year ago

I don't think the people posting here are indicative of the actual buyers.

$50 (USD) - I'll take that bet. I win if it sells out in less than 24 hours, you win if it takes longer.

#8681 1 year ago

There is tax in Ohio fyi. I checked

#8682 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

no i sold mine for 8k with a butter cab

#8683 1 year ago

Is butter worth it? Isn’t it $900?

#8684 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

They aren’t charging $10k. It’s 8,995.

If it were $10k, you’d be looking at having to pay tax and shipping (which, btw, aren’t spooky ‘s cost) and you’d be at $11k.

#8685 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Is butter worth it? Isn’t it $900?

What's the difference between that and standard?

#8686 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

What's the difference between that and standard?

Butter is a direct print on cabinet and then clear coated instead of the usual vinyl decals. It looks amazing in person.

#8687 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I don't think the people posting here are indicative of the actual buyers.
$50 (USD) - I'll take that bet. I win if it sells out in less than 24 hours, you win if it takes longer.

I'm down, makes it a little more interesting either way. When's the sale start? Paypal cool?

#8688 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'm down, makes it a little more interesting either way. When's the sale start? Paypal cool?

Agree!

Sept 1 10am CST

PM me

#8689 1 year ago

From what everyone has described about their TNA they have owned, and all the mods installed....
It sounds like mine is utterly unique! Mine is still Bone Stock, ... perfection!!! I did order factory installed plastic protectors and Shaker/knocker , but that's it.

One of one in the World ????

Though... the lighted side rails have tempted me.....

#8690 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

From what everyone has described about their TNA they have owned, and all the mods installed....
It sounds like mine is utterly unique! Mine is still Bone Stock, ... perfection!!! I did order factory installed plastic protectors and Shaker/knocker , but that's it.
One of one in the World ????

Mine is pretty much stock. The only add on I have is the plastic protectors. No shaker or knocker. I did have Scott sign my apron though.

#8691 1 year ago

Signature !! Awesome, but..... that's a Mod! Mines still 1 of 1.
Haha.

#8692 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I added the lighted side rails a year or so later, do it. but no ghosts yet

#8693 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I added the lighted side rails a year or so later, do it. but no ghosts yet

I'm looking right at the Damn add for the lighted rail kit ! It pops up everytime.... tempting me...

#8694 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Signature !! Awesome, but..... that's a Mod! Mines still 1 of 1.
Haha.

It’s a great mod! Here’s a picture of the apron and Scott singing it at MGC several years ago.

82F4CCAB-CCB0-47CC-BD80-ED5E80B05D67 (resized).jpeg82F4CCAB-CCB0-47CC-BD80-ED5E80B05D67 (resized).jpegE391C775-AE9E-49ED-B7B9-F943FF976028 (resized).jpegE391C775-AE9E-49ED-B7B9-F943FF976028 (resized).jpeg
#8695 1 year ago

Outstanding

#8696 1 year ago

Are these only available to those in the Spooky Club at this stage? Currently there doesn't appear to be any option to order on their website.

#8697 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Are these only available to those in the Spooky Club at this stage? Currently there doesn't appear to be any option to order on their website.

Orders open Thursday Sept 1st 10am CST (1am Friday morning for myself in Melbourne).

Once they start taking orders, you have to be in the Fang club to order. I'd assume if all 250 don't sell to Fang club members, then they would open it up to everyone else. I think that ordering exclusivity goes for two weeks.

#8698 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I was so looking forward to buying a TNA 2.0.
But not any more at 9k! And, especially because I took an $1100 loss on my Halloween spot. Oh well. That’s my own fault, I guess…
I think Stern has won me over and they will be getting my next new pinball machine purchase. It’s a shame because I really did like Spooky before and was looking forward to some of their upcoming titles.

I bought a Fang Club membership a couple months back, in anticipation of this release. I was pretty stoked at the prospect of having a chance at buying this game NIB. Fast forward to today…I’m bummed! I refuse to pay $9K for this game AND still no word on when my Fang Club loot box is shipping! grrrrr.
I’ve had Led Zep pro model as a rental for the past month and I’ve enjoyed the heck out of it. The show with the expression lighting and color changes with the GI set a fantastic mood (I think there was inspiration drawn from Mr. Danesi’s light shows). Layout in the pro is extremely similar to Terminator 2, the rules from RayDay are user-friendly and the sound effects from Bob Baffy are ear candy. It’s no TNA, but it’s a very fun machine with a retro feel. It can be had for $7.5K. That seems like a reasonable price to me.
$9K seems like big boy money, and I’m just not feeling it with TNA. I said this in one of the other threads, but give me the basic cabinet with no add-ons. I could care less about plastics, powder coat or a real knocker. I don’t even need the subwoofer…give me RCA output and I’ll buy a big powered sub at a pawn shop for $100.
If Spooky is truly still a small boutique company in a very small production run, couldn’t they offer the stripped-down model to hit a lower price point? They used to, but now they don’t need to. There are easily 250 people who buy one of everything new that is introduced. PLUS they are driving up the market price for origin used ones. grrrrr.
Sorry for the grumbling!

#8699 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

PLUS they are driving up the market price for origin used ones. grrrrr.

Used TNAs in excellent condition have been $8-$9k in the market for a while - they would have been higher if not for the remake rumors.

Building more TNAs will actually keep the used prices down for a while.

But, at the end of the day - there will still only be 800 of them in the wild which is an extremely small number compared to other titles.

#8700 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I bought a Fang Club membership a couple months back, in anticipation of this release. I was pretty stoked at the prospect of having a chance at buying this game NIB. Fast forward to today…I’m bummed! I refuse to pay $9K for this game AND still no word on when my Fang Club loot box is shipping! grrrrr.
I’ve had Led Zep pro model as a rental for the past month and I’ve enjoyed the heck out of it. The show with the expression lighting and color changes with the GI set a fantastic mood (I think there was inspiration drawn from Mr. Danesi’s light shows). Layout in the pro is extremely similar to Terminator 2, the rules from RayDay are user-friendly and the sound effects from Bob Baffy are ear candy. It’s no TNA, but it’s a very fun machine with a retro feel. It can be had for $7.5K. That seems like a reasonable price to me.
$9K seems like big boy money, and I’m just not feeling it with TNA. I said this in one of the other threads, but give me the basic cabinet with no add-ons. I could care less about plastics, powder coat or a real knocker. I don’t even need the subwoofer…give me RCA output and I’ll buy a big powered sub at a pawn shop for $100.
If Spooky is truly still a small boutique company in a very small production run, couldn’t they offer the stripped-down model to hit a lower price point? They used to, but now they don’t need to. There are easily 250 people who buy one of everything new that is introduced. PLUS they are driving up the market price for origin used ones. grrrrr.
Sorry for the grumbling!

Sold my Rick and Morty.
Sold my Halloween spot (actually, I almost gave it away for the money I got for it).
I’ve always really, really wanted a TNA and was waiting for the TNA 2.0 run to happen but now I’m not buying it at 9k! And, lastly, I canceled my Spooky Fang club account yesterday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 210.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/174?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.