(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 239.
#8551 1 year ago

I would say it's not a low part count on BoM when I think about it. It's that it utilizes low complexity (i.e. off the shelf) parts that won't be impossible to find or service. That's what I think when I say "low BoM". You have a budget to fit in that BoM. Give someone like JD a BoM budget for Jurassic park home VS JP premium and you learn to get creative with less complex/expensive parts but still make a fun game.

I don't need some $1000 bash toy all the time, sometimes I just want some targets, slings and a drop targets with a plain old scoop that could do the same thing.

#8552 1 year ago

En France aussi on veut du TNA 2.0 !!!!!!!!!

#8553 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Just my experience, but Spooky games (R&M and Halloween) will need adjustments out of the gate to play well. The TNA that I've played though was flawless, but again low BOM so a much more simple game. Overall, playing a Spooky game is sounds/feels less dampened than a Stern. A Stern just feels heavier to me.
Also, Spooky uses 3D printed parts vs custom molded and unique parts you'd see in a Stern. Not that it's bad, don't get me wrong on that. They're just doing what they do for a smaller/boutique company vs a mass production company like Stern. I wouldn't expect them to make moulds for small run gamesm But I wouldn't go as far to say they make a much higher quality game. I think they do a great job for quality and features at their price point to be a very competitive manufacturer when going up against the goliaths.
I will say, Spooky playfields are a lot better than any Stern playfield I've seen recently both from quality of surface and strength of clear coat. Their customer service is amazing and if you call for help and troubleshooting you'll actually be in contact with an employee who will go above and beyond to help you out. Something that takes a bit more leg work with a Stern first hand until you work a direct contact.
That being said, I'd expect it to be in the standard price that we saw Halloween. I don't see this pulling a JJP and being 10k+ out the gate for cost of entry. Spooky is great on price points and offering upgrade paths for cosmetic appearance while maintaining gameplay without cutting features. I've held off getting a used model once the rumors for a second run were confirmed, this is a grail game for me and was my gateway drug into the obsession.

LOL! Heavier? Not at all the case comparing my two Spikes to my ACNC. Just the opposite. Same for my buddies Halloween. The only pin I ever lifted that was heavier, was my Hobbit wide body! In the 18 months I played the shit out of my ACNC, I didn't even have a dimple on the playfield! There was no adjustment I had to make. The only thing was a bad servo after a month that Spooky replaced free and even gave me a second servo just in case I needed it. But operators noted issued on routed games however, so not perfect I agree. Stern Spike games are the cheapest construction I have ever seen in any pinball machine to date. But this was not the case before Spike. My Stern Star Trek pro is solid and reliable and reparable which is why I keep it. It was a Sam. My Stern Sharky's Shootout was also solid. It was a White Star system. Adjustments are not a big deal anyway. Pooling and chipping is however. Also, the unavailability of node boards scares me to the point where I will not own any more Spike games. Will this change? Maybe. But after seven years of waiting, I'll believe it when I see it.

#8554 1 year ago

Heavier as a sense of sound and construction, not weight. Just my observation. All pinball are mechanical machines and break. I'm not going about saying one is better than the other because each machine is apples and oranges as far as complexity and manufacturing.

#8555 1 year ago

It looks like this art exhibit? was inspired by Total Nuclear Annihilation.

9E1D6378-784B-49C2-9227-09D4DA177A6E (resized).jpeg9E1D6378-784B-49C2-9227-09D4DA177A6E (resized).jpeg
#8556 1 year ago

Here's a bunch of details on the upcoming new Spooky run of TNA courtesy of the Loserkid Pinball Podcast:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/new-run-total-nuclear-annihilation-pinball-will-come-loaded-with-extras

#8557 1 year ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Here's a bunch of details on the upcoming new Spooky run of TNA courtesy of the Loserkid Pinball Podcast:
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/new-run-total-nuclear-annihilation-pinball-will-come-loaded-with-extras

Just when I thought I couldn’t get more hyped about TNA 2.0.

#8558 1 year ago

Well crap, I just bought Wonka LE two weeks ago… guess I better consider selling my SW Premium to build funds to buy this.

I was thinking picking up The Simpsons Pinball Party, but this will change my mind.

I’m in whenever it comes. I like how it’s fun, but challenging.

Anyone have ideas on potential production dates? Maybe Q4 2022 or Q1 2023?

#8559 1 year ago

I hope there are no Standard, Bloodsucker, or Collector editions. TNA should have one edition... Danesi edition! Cant wait for the re-run!

#8560 1 year ago

Having issues starting a game. When booting up the screen says “no signal” then goes black. Back box and scores are dark. Start button doesn’t do anything. Checked connections which look good, but maybe I missed something. Issue began after machine was off for a few days. Any helpful thoughts? Thanks.

#8561 1 year ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Having issues starting a game. When booting up the screen says “no signal” then goes black. Back box and scores are dark. Start button doesn’t do anything. Checked connections which look good, but maybe I missed something. Issue began after machine was off for a few days. Any helpful thoughts? Thanks.

push the little power button on the computer, after making sure power cord to it is plugged in.

see this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/78#post-4696206

#8562 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

push the little power button on the computer, after making sure power cord to it is plugged in.
see this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/78#post-4696206

Booya! Back in business, thank you. That should be a key post. The button is tricky to find even with the picture.

#8563 1 year ago

A question on sound issue i noticed recently,

If I crank the volume up to 7 or higher the sound cuts out intermittently at times like some sort of distortion affects it, could this be fixed in the sub settings, i don't really want to mess with it, on 5 or 6 volume it is plenty loud and sounds great but wonder if sound may be improved

the game is new to me as of 2 weeks ago, I must say I'm loving it, really is such a great all round package

cheers

#8564 1 year ago

My best game to date. Had reactor 9 started and up to 50 percent with multiball ready… so close

D3107326-65F4-4B4C-9DC6-51CF8512FAE8 (resized).jpegD3107326-65F4-4B4C-9DC6-51CF8512FAE8 (resized).jpeg
#8565 1 year ago

Do you have to be in the Fang Club to get a TNA 2.0?

#8566 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I'm guessing it's "Recommended" by Spooky but I doubt it'd be mandatory, unless you want to get one of the very first off the line maybe?

#8567 1 year ago

Does the free shipping you get from the Fang Club extend to machines?

#8568 1 year ago

Is there any rumors spreading when the new TNA’s will potentially hit the line?

#8569 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

There’s no way…

#8570 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

No, this doesn’t apply to machines

Quoted from dr_nybble:

If I were you, and if i was wanting to get in on a tna 2.0, I’d join fang club

It’s possible tna 2.0 is going to go quickly, fang club gets you in the door

#8571 1 year ago

Spooky is not going to announce timelines for TNA 2.0 until near the end of Halloween/Ultraman run.

#8572 1 year ago
Quoted from alexred:

Spooky is not going to announce timelines for TNA 2.0 until near the end of Halloween/Ultraman run.

I wonder when those runs will finish.

#8573 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

I wonder when those runs will finish.

Luke reported in the Halloween thread that they’d be done this fall.

#8574 1 year ago

Will someone please give me the woofer specs? Amp went and took the speakers with it. Doesn’t appear to be a lot of information out there on it.

#8575 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Will someone please give me the woofer specs? Amp went and took the speakers with it. Doesn’t appear to be a lot of information out there on it.

I still have my original, but my replacement was
Goldwood GW-210/4
220 watt
4 ohm
10"
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ZPSE6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

chose that for a balance of cost and specs.

Don't forget to add something like a thin foam or speaker spacer to get the sub off the bottom of the cab/mesh

#8576 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You guys are right, they keep calling this TNA 2.0, but it is just a re-run of the original. I do plan on making a few little updates to the software though which will be compatible with the original run and the re-run games. I am not changing the software much because I personally think it is great how it stands. No new toy will be added to the re-run.
The cabinet will be the same with the exception of a flip down LCD on the second run games.
Other details will come once the final plan is made with the team.
--Scott

I've always thought it would be cool to an add-a ball (for the equivalent of a 2-ball multiball multiplier), if you are able to blow a reactor by completing the standup targets.

Right now, you complete those targets and get a reactor destroyed... but that's a lot of dangerous shots without any crazy payoff. Would be neat to have another ball get introduced!

#8577 1 year ago

Patiently (impatiently) waiting for the next run…

1 week later
#8578 1 year ago

Following. Never played tna but interested in the 2.0. Any guesses on price? Wish it was in the large cab like my Rick and morty. Just looks off with all others being larger.

#8579 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Following. Never played tna but interested in the 2.0. Any guesses on price? Wish it was in the large cab like my Rick and morty. Just looks off with all others being larger.

I believe it will be in the new cabinet and speaker panel but could be wrong

#8580 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I believe it will be in the new cabinet and speaker panel but could be wrong

Scott clarified this in post# 8508. I’m not savy enough from my phone to link to it but here is what he said:

You guys are right, they keep calling this TNA 2.0, but it is just a re-run of the original. I do plan on making a few little updates to the software though which will be compatible with the original run and the re-run games. I am not changing the software much because I personally think it is great how it stands. No new toy will be added to the re-run.
The cabinet will be the same with the exception of a flip down LCD on the second run games.
Other details will come once the final plan is made with the team.
--Scott

#8581 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Sorry, I have probably said this a million times, I apologize, but the cabinet of the rerun will be the same exact size and shape as the original. The only physical difference in the cabinet will be the elimination of the wood speaker panel and the flip down speaker panel used in it's place.

The cabinet of TNA is only a few inches shorter than the R&M cabinet, every other size dimension is the same. It is this way because the angle of the glass is less steep, bringing the playfield closer to the glass since it is a single level playfield. The TNA playfield actually looks pretty bad in a standard angled cabinet (in my opinion) because there is way too much space between the glass and the playfield. This reduced angle just brings the bottom position of the backbox lower a bit and that is why it is slightly shorter than other games. With the factory topper, it is about the same height. Also something cool about this cabinet is that it is about the same height as the classic Bally machines. This was all done on purpose when I made the "Spooky Retro Cabinet".

--Scott

#8582 1 year ago

It is going to look just right next to my Fathom.

#8583 1 year ago

Sorry, I have probably said this a million times, I apologize, but the cabinet of the rerun will be the same exact size and shape as the original. The only physical difference in the cabinet will be the elimination of the wood speaker panel and the flip down speaker panel used in it's place.
The cabinet of TNA is only a few inches shorter than the R&M cabinet, every other size dimension is the same. It is this way because the angle of the glass is less steep, bringing the playfield closer to the glass since it is a single level playfield. The TNA playfield actually looks pretty bad in a standard angled cabinet (in my opinion) because there is way too much space between the glass and the playfield. This reduced angle just brings the bottom position of the backbox lower a bit and that is why it is slightly shorter than other games. With the factory topper, it is about the same height. Also something cool about this cabinet is that it is about the same height as the classic Bally machines. This was all done on purpose when I made the "Spooky Retro Cabinet".
--Scott

Thanks for posting this, Scott. I'm eagerly waiting for the next run of TNA. Just a big congrats on how successful this is!

#8584 1 year ago

Also something cool about this cabinet is that it is about the same height as the classic Bally machines.

TNA is just the right size.

0FE09DE3-72C6-47E4-AEBF-45D8469D2105 (resized).jpeg0FE09DE3-72C6-47E4-AEBF-45D8469D2105 (resized).jpeg
#8585 1 year ago

I rotate Ballys through my game room...and TNA is always next to one. Currently it's next to Fathom

#8586 1 year ago

--Scott

GOOD I'm glad its not going to be any bigger. The vintage size is part of its charm!

#8587 1 year ago

I love how the short stature belies how badly it will wreck you.

#8588 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

TNA is just the right size.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting this. Should look good next to my Meteor as well then. Aren't the old Bally games and Stern Electronics the same height?

#8589 1 year ago

So happy about that and the sharing of code updates between runs. There was that TNA mod that put the game in a standard cabinet to put some power lines. Just looked so empty as a single level playfield.

Would the clear drop targets and neon plastic protectors be standard or an option? I thought I remembered reading at least the drop targets would be clear. But those two mods look perfect on the game.

#8590 1 year ago

I created a poll at this url to get a ballpark on how many people are interested in next tna run. Everyone vote so we can see!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-buying-a-total-nuclear-annihilation-on-next-run#post-7072233

#8591 1 year ago

Given they said the next run will have most, if not all, desired bells and whistle… that could drive the price pretty high compared to original.

Would this move cause the original run’s TNA to lower its price?

#8592 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Given they said the next run will have most, if not all, desired bells and whistle… that could drive the price pretty high compared to original.
Would this move cause the original run’s TNA to lower its price?

when has a game lost value in this market, hahahha.

#8593 1 year ago

I bought a membership into the FANG club. How does it work when a new game is released if you are a member of the club?

#8594 1 year ago

Just joined club. I’m sure been discussed but is this heavier than ave Stern? Anyone know the weight? It’s either heavier or I’m deteriorating at an alarming rate. Can barely move my back after getting it up stairs and loaded…

#8595 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Just joined club. I’m sure been discussed but is this heavier than ave Stern? Anyone know the weight? It’s either heavier or I’m deteriorating at an alarming rate. Can barely move my back after getting it up stairs and loaded…

it's heavier for sure. Almost every game is heavier than a modern stern.

#8596 1 year ago

super psyched to get time on this. Unfortunately I set it up and having problems. The game will start but there is no sound. The flippers don’t work. The ball won’t eject into shooter lane. None of slings work. Basically no coils working. The lights and screen do work.
I made sure everything is plugged in tight. It’s almost as if all the high voltage/power is off or on safety mode? I don’t see the white inside coin door switch like sterns that usually disable this.

Every time I try to figure out what is going on my kids pull me away- so coming here in hopes for a shortcut- Any help would be appreciated! Thanks all

B

#8597 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

super psyched to get time on this. Unfortunately I set it up and having problems. The game will start but there is no sound. The flippers don’t work. The ball won’t eject into shooter lane. None of slings work. Basically no coils working. The lights and screen do work.
I made sure everything is plugged in tight. It’s almost as if all the high voltage/power is off or on safety mode? I don’t see the white inside coin door switch like sterns that usually disable this.
Every time I try to figure out what is going on my kids pull me away- so coming here in hopes for a shortcut- Any help would be appreciated! Thanks all
B

Check your power supply and make sure that everything is connected. It's a silver box in the cabinet at the back of the game. Game off obviously.

#8598 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Check your power supply and make sure that everything is connected. It's a silver box in the cabinet at the back of the game. Game off obviously.

ya, sounds like some power issue.

you can also check behind the lcd has some sound settings for the "pc" that then the coin door volume adjusts. there is like a menu similar to a computer monitor.

EDIT: I would also verify connectivity on the plugs behind the speaker panel.

#8599 1 year ago

Spooky Cabinets are top notch quality, as good or better than anyone else.
TNA size fits like a glove, next to Xenon Paragon Firepower and Space Invaders

ec34529ea1b48a97e6bab7251e7ed434659fa070 (resized).jpgec34529ea1b48a97e6bab7251e7ed434659fa070 (resized).jpg
#8600 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

it's heavier for sure. Almost every game is heavier than a modern stern.

The thing about older, heavy cabinets like a Stern Electronic game is the back box comes completely off. I'm assuming that TNA does not do this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/172 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.