(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 239.
#8501 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

You missed a bit
[quoted image]

Not sure if you are being facetious or not, but if serious I'm happy to add that piece to the kit (just need to know how wide it should be).

#8502 1 year ago

I think a nuclear cloud shaker toy that would activated when you destroy a reactor would be cool in TNA 2.0 .
With the price potentially going to 9k over the original 6k, I hope they put more toys in it.
They are using a standard cab now so maybe this is in the plans already.

#8503 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I think a nuclear cloud shaker toy that would activated when you destroy a reactor would be cool in TNA 2.0 .
With the price potentially going to 9k over the original 6k, I hope they put more toys in it.
They are using a standard cab now so maybe this is in the plans already.

The cabinet will be the same as the original TNA. Only change to the back box will be display/speaker panel. They will be using the metal one they are currently using on their games instead of the wood one the original TNA used.

#8504 1 year ago

I the one and only TheNoTrashCougar in chat during a stream the other day. Despite popular belief (my belief), the "blue" multiball color was designed for the green protectors. I'm also not allowed to play the game with overhead lights any longer.

Here's the pitch black game:

And a decent game with a dirty pool and overhead lights.

#8505 1 year ago

I’m all about a new release being a TNA 2.0 but I hope Spooky reruns the original TNA. Not enough of them are out there. I really want a TNA in my game room.

#8506 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I’m all about a new release being a TNA 2.0 but I hope Spooky reruns the original TNA. Not enough of them are out there. I really want a TNA in my game room.

I think the rerun is being called TNA 2.0 - Its not an actual different game.

#8507 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I think the rerun is being called TNA 2.0 - Its not an actual different game.

Yep it’s a rerun. Same game as the original with a few cosmetic differences ( metal speaker/display panel that Spooky is using in current games).

#8508 1 year ago

You guys are right, they keep calling this TNA 2.0, but it is just a re-run of the original. I do plan on making a few little updates to the software though which will be compatible with the original run and the re-run games. I am not changing the software much because I personally think it is great how it stands. No new toy will be added to the re-run.

The cabinet will be the same with the exception of a flip down LCD on the second run games.

Other details will come once the final plan is made with the team.

--Scott

#8509 1 year ago

can TNA be bought direct from spooky, or do I have to go through a distributor?

#8510 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

can TNA be bought direct from spooky, or do I have to go through a distributor?

Nothing's been announced but in the past it's been direct and a few select distros. Usually their Fang Club members get early shots at the direct, so that might be something to look in to. I'd assume there'll be more chatter as it gets closer though.

#8511 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You guys are right, they keep calling this TNA 2.0, but it is just a re-run of the original. I do plan on making a few little updates to the software though which will be compatible with the original run and the re-run games. I am not changing the software much because I personally think it is great how it stands. No new toy will be added to the re-run.
The cabinet will be the same with the exception of a flip down LCD on the second run games.
Other details will come once the final plan is made with the team.
--Scott

This is just amazing news Scott. TNA is something i've been after for ages, but no-one in the UK is parting with theirs. Now I can lord it up with my brand new fresh outta the box TNA, and I'll finally be the toast of tinseltown!

#8512 1 year ago

watching the value of my TNA after this announcement

Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 17.30.31 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-06-20 at 17.30.31 (resized).png

#8513 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

This is just amazing news Scott. TNA is something i've been after for ages, but no-one in the UK is parting with theirs. Now I can lord it up with my brand new fresh outta the box TNA, and I'll finally be the toast of tinseltown!

Can’t wait to see the mods you make for TNA!!!!

#8514 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Maybe right when Spooky officially announces it there will be a little rush of panic-sellers. And they might have to go lower than they want if they're all on the market at the same time. But I can't see it making a difference long-term. It's not like Spooky is going to make 5,000 new TNA's. I imagine they'll make another small run similar to the first, but even if they go double and there's eventually 1650 TNA's out in the wild, that's still quite a rare game.

#8515 1 year ago

Yeah I’m not too worried about the value of mine either. I think they will price their new run a little higher than their initial run anyway so it shouldn’t tank too hard.

Love the game just wish it earned a little more on location

#8516 1 year ago

Hey Scott, @TheNoTrashCougar, Are there any differences between the exported versions of TNA and the North American versions??

Is an export-version of TNA able to be "jumpered" to run on 120v? I live in Europe and I plan on buying a TNA in the next run, but I'll probably move back to CONUS in the next 5 years, so not sure if I should buy one over here or in the US...Thanks!!

#8517 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

Todd Tuckey on a live with Kaneda said he thinks new run will be 10k.

#8518 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Hey Scott, TheNoTrashCougar, Are there any differences between the exported versions of TNA and the North American versions??
Is an export-version of TNA able to be "jumpered" to run on 120v? I live in Europe and I plan on buying a TNA in the next run, but I'll probably move back to CONUS in the next 5 years, so not sure if I should buy one over here or in the US...Thanks!!

No difference, just a switch on the main 48v power supply. I think the new supplies though will auto-detect voltage.

Quoted from Medic:

That is not going to happen.

--Scott

#8519 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

No difference, just a switch on the main 48v power supply. I think the new supplies though will auto-detect voltage.

That is not going to happen.
--Scott

But he needs something to make people talk about him!

#8520 1 year ago

Anyone have an idea what the MSRP will come in at?

#8521 1 year ago

How do I get myself best prepared to have a chance at pre-ordering the re-run. Will being in the Spooky club guarantee it? If so, are you guys going to be updating the swag you get for joining? It still is the 2021 club.

#8522 1 year ago

Question I have a small scratch on my mirror blades … can I order some new ones anywhere ? Or possibly on the re run ?

#8523 1 year ago

...... I do plan on making a few little updates to the software though which will be compatible with the original run and the re-run games. I am not changing the software much because I personally think it is great how it stands.
--Scott

Agreed, it is great. My only request would be some way (caching of start up state or something?) to speed up game start and boot times, so after the machine has told me I have failed I don't have to wait so long to do it again.

#8524 1 year ago

The first run was 550 games. my guess is there may be demand to produce 200-300 more. I don't know how many requests they have for the second run. And then just how many of those potential buyers will actually order a game.

#8525 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

The first run was 550 games. my guess is there may be demand to produce 200-300 more. I don't know how many requests they have for the second run. And then just how many of those potential buyers will actually order a game.

Well the game is ranked 45 on pinside, Halloween is ranked in the 70's and sold 1200.

TNA could easily sell 500 in a new rerun.

#8526 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Question I have a small scratch on my mirror blades … can I order some new ones anywhere ? Or possibly on the re run ?

I will look into this as I know a bunch of people want then for the first run machines as well. They are amazing looking on this machine. I have a set on mine, and I also accidentally scratched them. We will need to make protectors for these too.

Quoted from ticktockman:

Anyone have an idea what the MSRP will come in at?

No clue yet. But not 10k... yikes. Spooky will ultimately come up with the MSRP for this including how many they are going to make for this re-run.

--Scott

#8527 1 year ago

Can I make a request to add the scope into the light show in the next version? I won’t hold you to it and I know that extra spot was originally designed for a mod or something. Basically just throwing it into the world and crossing my fingers. Thanks for the hard work Scott.

#8528 1 year ago

What are people setting the slope of the pf to in this game? I don't think mine is steep enough and it may be why the scoop was so finicky to hit.

#8529 1 year ago

I will look into this as I know a bunch of people want then for the first run machines as well. They are amazing looking on this machine. I have a set on mine, and I also accidentally scratched them. We will need to make protectors for these too.

No clue yet. But not 10k... yikes. Spooky will ultimately come up with the MSRP for this including how many they are going to make for this re-run.
--Scott

These don't fit 100% on tna special cabinet, but they work on my tna, too. I avoid raising playfields without them.

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-cabinet-assembly-blades?_pos=3&_sid=2093cd3b1&_ss=r

#8530 1 year ago

--Scott

Thanks Scott…. That would be awesome !

#8531 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Well the game is ranked 45 on pinside, Halloween is ranked in the 70's and sold 1200.
TNA could easily sell 500 in a new rerun.

I hope Spooky does sell 500 more TNAs I'm not worried about the value of my game dropping. 2.0 is going to be made the same as 1.0 no change in the operating system P3-ROC. maybe a code upgrade but the new code will run the original games.

I have not see a huge price drop in Medeval Madness originals yes the price on the remake is above my pay grade

#8532 1 year ago

--Scott

I am definitely in need of some mirror blades too!

#8533 1 year ago

If the blades were cut by Spooky, in house, I don't think they are making them anymore. I have a set on my TNA and ordered my ACNC with mirror blades... but Spooky contacted me and said the machine they use to laser cut the blades kept breaking. So, they didn't have any plans to cut more. They switched my order to art blades.

Perhaps that's changed... but that was the case a few years ago.

#8534 1 year ago

You need to make a version for those in the TNA business…

C962005C-2B4F-47C5-BF7A-A7A67209CDF3 (resized).jpegC962005C-2B4F-47C5-BF7A-A7A67209CDF3 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8535 1 year ago

Bought a Fang Club membership a couple weeks ago after seeing the activity in this thread, in hopes that I can snag one of the re-runs when the order bank opens. I fully expect a price increase, but at anything over 7K-7.5K it’s going to be tough to justify the purchase price. A game made with off-the-shelf parts, no toys or ramps should not be in the same price range as a premium game. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a modern classic for sure, and it most definitely deserves every accolade. I just don’t see how a game with a (presumably) low bill of materials could be priced around the same amount as a premium model game such as Godzilla or Rush.

#8536 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Bought a Fang Club membership a couple weeks ago after seeing the activity in this thread, in hopes that I can snag one of the re-runs when the order bank opens. I fully expect a price increase, but at anything over 7K-7.5K it’s going to be tough to justify the purchase price. A game made with off-the-shelf parts, no toys or ramps should not be in the same price range as a premium game. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a modern classic for sure, and it most definitely deserves every accolade. I just don’t see how a game with a (presumably) low bill of materials could be priced around the same amount as a premium model game such as Godzilla or Rush.

I agree, but it's only fair to keep in mind that Spooky builds a much higher quality pin than Stern at this point (at least that was the case with my ACNC). So kind of an apples to oranges comparison. Also, no node board availability issues to worry about here.

#8537 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I think people will accept it being in the 8-8.5k range. Doubt they made a bunch of parts on original run and just shelved them like your insinuating, costs of materials have gone way up since then. With JJP trying to pan off "fun" at 12k, this is a bargain compared to TS4 with a more challenging game, better lightshow and the best soundtrack in pinball.

#8538 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I agree, but it's only fair to keep in mind that Spooky builds a much higher quality pin than Stern at this point (at least that was the case with my ACNC). So kind of an apples to oranges comparison. Also, no node board availability issues to worry about here.

Just my experience, but Spooky games (R&M and Halloween) will need adjustments out of the gate to play well. The TNA that I've played though was flawless, but again low BOM so a much more simple game. Overall, playing a Spooky game is sounds/feels less dampened than a Stern. A Stern just feels heavier to me.

Also, Spooky uses 3D printed parts vs custom molded and unique parts you'd see in a Stern. Not that it's bad, don't get me wrong on that. They're just doing what they do for a smaller/boutique company vs a mass production company like Stern. I wouldn't expect them to make moulds for small run gamesm But I wouldn't go as far to say they make a much higher quality game. I think they do a great job for quality and features at their price point to be a very competitive manufacturer when going up against the goliaths.

I will say, Spooky playfields are a lot better than any Stern playfield I've seen recently both from quality of surface and strength of clear coat. Their customer service is amazing and if you call for help and troubleshooting you'll actually be in contact with an employee who will go above and beyond to help you out. Something that takes a bit more leg work with a Stern first hand until you work a direct contact.

That being said, I'd expect it to be in the standard price that we saw Halloween. I don't see this pulling a JJP and being 10k+ out the gate for cost of entry. Spooky is great on price points and offering upgrade paths for cosmetic appearance while maintaining gameplay without cutting features. I've held off getting a used model once the rumors for a second run were confirmed, this is a grail game for me and was my gateway drug into the obsession.

#8539 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think people will accept it being in the 8-8.5k range. Doubt they made a bunch of parts on original run and just shelved them like your insinuating, costs of materials have gone way up since then. With JJP trying to pan off "fun" at 12k, this is a bargain compared to TS4 with a more challenging game, better lightshow and the best soundtrack in pinball.

As I understand it from interviews/podcasts, all of the mechanicals are parts that anyone can buy from parts vendors such as Pinball Life. That’s what I mean by ‘off-the-shelf’…nothing specifically designed or manufactured for this game in particular. So they should be lower cost (relatively speaking) The scoop is a standard scoop that everyone uses, pop bumpers, spinners, et cetera. At least that’s the way I remember Mr. Danesi describing it in one podcast or another…I’ve had many beers since then.
This game is a cash cow for Spooky. Unlicensed theme, original music, original artwork and so on. I would guess they still pay a fee for these things (as well they should, and I hope they are paying well) BUT it’s not like paying for a license to the scale of a Led Zeppelin or Beatles. Depending on when the re-run happens (hopefully sooner rather than later) pricing is going to become a selling point as recession lurks in the corner. The manufacturers and distributors who are ignorant will reap what they’ve sown. No one needs a pinball machine.
Don’t get me wrong, costs on everything are through the roof, but the days of making more profit margin just because there is no pushback from the customer are drawing to an end. I sell mid to high-end office furniture (MillerKnoll) and I’m already seeing RFQ’s from entrenched MK customers asking for lower-priced import stuff in lieu of what they usually buy. The days of belt-tightening are nigh.

#8540 1 year ago

The price I'm willing to pay for a game has more to do with how much fun it is than how many ali express widgets are hot glued onto the playfield superstructure.

#8541 1 year ago

In a way, I'd hope to keep new machine costs down is to go down the original IP and art/music route, or at least push more out. Some of my favorite games and music are original ideas. I doubt it would happen, but I'd get a chuckle of a modern day Gottlieb knock off so we can get Golden Wings Mustang.

#8542 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I have TNA since new, serial # in the 36x no issues since new and 1 software upgrade

#8543 1 year ago

TNA has a BOM that’s more than most people realize. The 3 drop targets , two scoops, a spinner, two gates, 5 slings, a pop bumper, etc. on the surface it seems stripped down but it’s really not. Two digital counters on the playfield, 3 flippers, every light insert is RGBw. When I lift the playfield on mine I’m always reminded that it’s got more going on than meets the eye. Real back-glass, shaker motor,a real knocker (at least in mine), killer sound system with a sub woofer chamber. It may not have wire forms and ramps everywhere but there’s a lot of mech in this game and people shouldn’t sell it short.

#8544 1 year ago

I got burned a little on my Ultraman but I am still ready for TNA. TNA is what made me fall in love with Spooky.

#8545 1 year ago
Quoted from Joey_Bada_Bing:

TNA has a BOM that’s more than most people realize. The 3 drop targets , two scoops, a spinner, two gates, 5 slings, a pop bumper, etc. on the surface it seems stripped down but it’s really not. Two digital counters on the playfield, 3 flippers, every light insert is RGBw. When I lift the playfield on mine I’m always reminded that it’s got more going on than meets the eye. Real back-glass, shaker motor,a real knocker (at least in mine), killer sound system with a sub woofer chamber. It may not have wire forms and ramps everywhere but there’s a lot of mech in this game and people shouldn’t sell it short.

All good points! Here’s hoping that Spooky’s growth has given them some additional leverage with their vendors in regard to the cost of parts.

#8546 1 year ago
Quoted from Joey_Bada_Bing:

Yeah, it always pains me a little when people say there is not much in the game because it is missing ramps. I hid all the magic under the playfield in this one. The BOM is actually quite high and the development that went into this thing definitely took years off my life. haha

--Scott

#8547 1 year ago

TNA was my first NIB (i never thought i’d buy NIB ever) and my gateway into Spooky pins. Went to buy a Diner and the seller just got his TNA in. Played a couple games and went home and made a phone call to a distributor. Rest is history.

#8548 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

TNA was my first NIB (i never thought i’d buy NIB ever) and my gateway into Spooky pins. Went to buy a Diner and the seller just got his TNA in. Played a couple games and went home and made a phone call to a distributor. Rest is history.

TNA was my first NIB too. Played the whitewood at MGC that same year. It was our first show as we had only gotten into pinball a few months before. Was coached by some dude that knew too much about the game but didn't realize until later it was Scott (Hi Scott ) then decided to put in a deposit for one. We all say that we have keepers but eventually sell the game. Well, this one is 100% a keeper for me. Too good of a game, but also too sentimental as well.

#8549 1 year ago

Same here - TNA was my first NIB - never thought I'd throw down for a NIB pin. However, as soon as we saw it, it just clicked with the whole family. We knew the run would be limited and also wanted to support Scott and Spooky. So, we bit.

The game is wonderful in its simplicity AND brutality. Non-pinheads get it and the objectives. The co-op feature was an unprecedented first and again - guests love that feature.

TNA is the last game that will ever leave our lineup.

#8550 1 year ago

I'm in a really fortunate situation where FlipNout lets me borrow games to stream on TPN. I've had almost every new game in the last 2 years in my basement which my friends and family have all had a chance to enjoy. No pin ever gets played as much as TNA. They will typically put a game or two on whatever the newest thing is I own but TNA is what always draws them back in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/171?hl=veemonroe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.