(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 239.
#8451 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

After a couple of years I finally managed to destroy reactor 9. What a game, grand champion now 13.077.339! But I did not understand TNA "wizard mode". There is an entry in the high scores with tna 1,181 seconds. What does that mean?
TNA is still always in focus with guests in the game room. Such great fun with coop and coop VS mode. TNA will never leave!

Congrats! I still can't get past 6 reactors (without co-op), and that's after almost 2 years myself. Crazy fun game!

#8452 1 year ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Congrats! I still can't get past 6 reactors (without co-op), and that's after almost 2 years myself. Crazy fun game!

Strategy / needed skills very short:

You have to make the (regular) skill shot to level up ball saver.

Learn to trigger ball saver right via inlane/outlane. That's special in tna like magna save in ram. Scott likes these special Outlanes features in games Use it even in Multiball to keep up Multiball. Stay in Multiball as long as possible, control and trap balls.

Never aim for grid or reactor scoop without ball save or Multiball.

Start reactor after ball lock with skill shot or in multiball. Don't wait for auto plunge!!!

Without ball saver or Multiball. Go for lock / Multiball.

That's it. Good luck for tna!

#8453 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

You purposely made it kick ass is what you did.

This is true. Very bloody true.

#8454 1 year ago

Received my Total Nuclear Annihilation vinyl today. Now I just need the 2.0 pin!

https://twitter.com/neildavidcarter/status/1518791108427325440?s=21&t=IObGJurNs2HTQ20ivrcGGg

#8455 1 year ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Received my Total Nuclear Annihilation vinyl today. Now I just need the 2.0 pin!
https://twitter.com/neildavidcarter/status/1518791108427325440?s=21&t=IObGJurNs2HTQ20ivrcGGg

WTH! How did I miss that?

Ordered!

#8456 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Awesome! Great job beating reactor 9!!! That high score entry is how many cumulative seconds it took you to beat each reactor. It is basically a total reactor uptime from unlock to destroy for each reactor. Now see if you can do it faster! I forgot what the current world record speed run was, but I can ask around. I think Ryan McQuaid is currently the fastest.
--Scott

Current World Record is 15:35 Real Time Attack. Cant use the in-game timers for speedruns until you change them to include all gameplay time, or add a global game timer <3

https://speedrunpinball.com/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8457 1 year ago

Hi,
I am the second owner of #149. When I picked up the game from the original owner 18 months ago, I took notice of this black triangle in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Then I completely forgot about it because the black blends in with all of the in-game screens (since they are dark). The dark spot is only pronounced in this "Pinball Life" ad because of the white background.

Were there issues with these screens? Is this something I can fix? See attached picture. Thank you !!!

XWYT8630 (resized).JPGXWYT8630 (resized).JPG

#8458 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Strategy / needed skills very short:
You have to make the (regular) skill shot to level up ball saver.
Learn to trigger ball saver right via inlane/outlane. That's special in tna like magna save in ram. Scott likes these special Outlanes features in games Use it even in Multiball to keep up Multiball. Stay in Multiball as long as possible, control and trap balls.
Never aim for grid or reactor scoop without ball save or Multiball.
Start reactor after ball lock with skill shot or in multiball. Don't wait for auto plunge!!!
Without ball saver or Multiball. Go for lock / Multiball.
That's it. Good luck for tna!

Congrats indeed! I’m slowly learning the dos and don’ts in this game (and you’re spot on) and there seems to be a lot more don’ts. Which I love. Because every time on a whim I try to sneak in one last shot to the grid instead of locking a ball, when I know damn well that it’s poking the bear, I get burned. As it should be.

#8459 1 year ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Hi,
I am the second owner of #149. When I picked up the game from the original owner 18 months ago, I took notice of this black triangle in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Then I completely forgot about it because the black blends in with all of the in-game screens (since they are dark). The dark spot is only pronounced in this "Pinball Life" ad because of the white background.
Were there issues with these screens? Is this something I can fix? See attached picture. Thank you !!!
[quoted image]

Are you sure it's the screen or is it something that is in front of the screen? I know people have replaced their screens with something that has deeper blacks. There are posts in this thread.

#8460 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Are you sure it's the screen or is it something that is in front of the screen? I know people have replaced their screens with something that has deeper blacks. There are posts in this thread.

Yeah that almost looks like something is covering the edge of the screen if you zoom into the picture.

#8461 1 year ago

Hmm yes turns out the tape slid when being applied at the factory. Afraid of trying to reset, unsure how.

A34B82EC-2DF4-49EC-AAA5-D61647A1B7FD (resized).jpegA34B82EC-2DF4-49EC-AAA5-D61647A1B7FD (resized).jpeg
#8462 1 year ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Hmm yes turns out the tape slid when being applied at the factory. Afraid of trying to reset, unsure how.
[quoted image]

I'm sure it's only held in by a few screws. Shouldn't be hard. Give it a go!

Or tug at it a bit and see if it'll move without taking the screen off.

#8463 1 year ago

I made this the other day

#8464 1 year ago

Is the rebuild safe?

#8466 1 year ago

It’s highly radioactive

#8467 1 year ago

Looks like a scam.

#8468 1 year ago

Any word on TNA 2.0?

1 week later
#8469 1 year ago

Today I got my Cassette deck back from repair now to unbox the soundtrack cassette

tna1 (resized).jpgtna1 (resized).jpgtna2 (resized).jpgtna2 (resized).jpg
#8470 1 year ago

Ghost in the machine! ... or probably a flaky switch or opto, but which one?

I will be playing single ball and suddenly another one will spit out and auto launch. There's no end of ball processing or bonus happening. I can play both balls and the ball doesn't end until they've both drained, so I don't think it is a problem with the ball trough switches.

I'm pretty sure there is no active ballsave at the time so I don't think it is an outlane switch.

Anybody else had this, or any ideas where to look from TheNoTrashCougar ?
TIA

#8471 1 year ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Ghost in the machine! ... or probably a flaky switch or opto, but which one?
I will be playing single ball and suddenly another one will spit out and auto launch. There's no end of ball processing or bonus happening. I can play both balls and the ball doesn't end until they've both drained, so I don't think it is a problem with the ball trough switches.
I'm pretty sure there is no active ballsave at the time so I don't think it is an outlane switch.
Anybody else had this, or any ideas where to look from TheNoTrashCougar ?
TIA

This will be a jam opto issue.

#8472 1 year ago

This will be a jam opto issue.

Thanks, will look at this when I'm next at the machine

#8473 1 year ago

I played this game on location the other day and now I definitely need one… rerun can’t come soon enough!

1 week later
#8474 1 year ago

Anybody have a cassette tape of the soundtrack they want to sell? I have a buddy that loves this game but can’t afford one and has a tape deck in his car. Wanted to give it as a gag gift.

#8475 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Anybody have a cassette tape of the soundtrack they want to sell? I have a buddy that loves this game but can’t afford one and has a tape deck in his car. Wanted to give it as a gag gift.

That’s not a gag gift! That’s a thoughtful good gift

Hope you find one! Sound track bumps!!!

#8476 1 year ago

It's not TNA, but has some of Scott's other music in R&M and the Multimorphic game

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-900-0010-00

#8477 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Any word on TNA 2.0?

I would think that any announcement on 2.0 would coincide with the end of the Halloween/Ultraman run…that is, if they plan to do 2.0 as the next title. Here’s hoping!!!

1 week later
#8478 1 year ago

Pretty new to the TNA club. Shortly after buying I started having issues where it just starts adding a ball in randomly and not when it’s supposed to. Happens pretty much every game. Any suggestions?

#8479 1 year ago
Quoted from Brady2Gronk:

Pretty new to the TNA club. Shortly after buying I started having issues where it just starts adding a ball in randomly and not when it’s supposed to. Happens pretty much every game. Any suggestions?

scroll up a few posts to see same issue addressed

#8480 1 year ago
Quoted from Brady2Gronk:

Seems to be super common and is caused by the IDC connectors on the transmitter side of the trough opto board. Basically, the jam opto is getting triggered so it is popping a new ball in play. Easily fixed by replacing the IDC connectors with Trifurcon crimp connectors and Molex housings.
--Scott

#8481 1 year ago

When you doing another TNA run?

#8482 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

When you doing another TNA run?

If it was up to me, I would have done it yesterday, but Spooky will be re-running TNA again soon. I am not sure when they are going to announce it though.
--Scott

#8483 1 year ago

If it was up to me, I would have done it yesterday, but Spooky will be re-running TNA again soon. I am not sure when they are going to announce it though.
--Scott

Hope so. It is ever so cool.

#8484 1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestions for the ball launch issue.

#8485 1 year ago

Day one. Part of me wouldn't mind the option to get it all flat packed IKEA style and have to put the thing together like a hot rod kit. Sounds fun like a high stakes Lego set.

--Scott

#8486 1 year ago

Any differences on TNA 2.0?

#8487 1 year ago

Hi Scott TheNoTrashCougar
My LEDs and ball save timer display are misbehaving. The LEDs are a medley of random colours.

All the grey ribbon cables seem to be well seated, and the problems seem to be across most of the playfield (multiple LED driver boards?).
The photos are with ball 1 still in the shooter lane.

20220613_210749 (resized).jpg20220613_210749 (resized).jpg20220613_210803 (resized).jpg20220613_210803 (resized).jpg20220613_210809 (resized).jpg20220613_210809 (resized).jpg20220613_210821 (resized).jpg20220613_210821 (resized).jpg
#8488 1 year ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Hi Scott TheNoTrashCougar
My LEDs and ball save timer display are misbehaving. The LEDs are a medley of random colours.
All the grey ribbon cables seem to be well seated, and the problems seem to be across most of the playfield (multiple LED driver boards?).
The photos are with ball 1 still in the shooter lane.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check the serial connections to your light boards (gray 3 position cables), but most likely this is a power issue on one of the boards. A restart will fix this, but it may crop up again. What you need to do is swap out the 2 pin .156" IDC connector with a Trifurcon crimp connector that supplies power to the boards that are having this issue.

I should really just do a writeup on this.

--Scott

#8489 1 year ago

That's a great idea

#8490 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:Check the serial connections to your light boards (gray 3 position cables), but most likely this is a power issue on one of the boards. A restart will fix this, but it may crop up again. What you need to do is swap out the 2 pin .156" IDC connector with a Trifurcon crimp connector that supplies power to the boards that are having this issue.
--Scott

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I suspected power. The problem does come back after a restart.

I presume it is the 2pin connectors with red and black wires? Does the number of boards misbehaving give any hints as to where to start replacing the IDC connectors first?

#8491 1 year ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I suspected power. The problem does come back after a restart.
I presume it is the 2pin connectors with red and black wires? Does the number of boards misbehaving give any hints as to where to start replacing the IDC connectors first?

Follow the gray serial cables from the head to the light boards. These are daisy chained in order. Then identify which problem LEDs are connected to which board. It is probably the board first in the daisy chain causing the issues. You are correct though, the black and red wire 2 pin IDC connector.
--Scott

#8492 1 year ago

TNA 2.0 should be a mirror-image of playfield TheNoTrashCougar

Locks on LEFT, scoop on Right. Just for something different.

Just mirror the playfield.

Scott Hudson

20220422_140632[1] (resized).jpg20220422_140632[1] (resized).jpg
#8493 1 year ago

I am getting alot of rattle from the backglass with the bass and especially the shaker. Any advice on how to eliminate that?

#8494 1 year ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

I am getting alot of rattle from the backglass with the bass and especially the shaker. Any advice on how to eliminate that?

Rattle tape

#8495 1 year ago

Thank you. Now … feel free to talk to me like I’m an idiot. What exactly is rattle tape, and where did you put it?

#8496 1 year ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

Thank you. Now … feel free to talk to me like I’m an idiot. What exactly is rattle tape, and where did you put it?

If you insist... idiot

It's anti rattle tape. It goes around the edges of the glass to hold it in the glass channels tighter. You can buy some and see an example of how to install it on this page: https://www.pinballlife.com/anti-rattle-tape-12-x-25-ft.html . Basically just tape the sides and top of the glass once, slide it back in, and test. If it still rattles, do a second layer.

#8497 1 year ago

I recently made a custom set of 3D printed flipper toppers and siderail toppers, and they came out so well I thought I would make them available to other TNA owners.

These are not flat decals, but 3D printed in caution yellow and black filaments and come with an adhesive backing ready to install. The kit includes:
- Lower left & right flipper toppers
- Upper mini flipper topper
- Left rail topper
- Inner right rail topper
- Outer right rail topper (3 pieces) - seems are hidden where pieces but against each other

Price for the kit is $50 including US shipping. Please PM me if interested in purchasing and I will provide payment details.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngTNA1 (resized).jpgTNA1 (resized).jpgTNA2 (resized).jpgTNA2 (resized).jpgTNA3 (resized).jpgTNA3 (resized).jpg

Added 22 months ago:

FYI, a piece for the exposed rail between the two upper plastics is now included in the kit.

#8498 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I recently made a custom set of 3D printed flipper toppers and siderail toppers, and they came out so well I thought I would make them available to other TNA owners.
These are not flat decals, but 3D printed in caution yellow and black filaments and come with an adhesive backing ready to install. The kit includes:
- Left rail topper
- Outer right rail topper (3 pieces) - seems are hidden where pieces but against each other
Price for the kit is $50 including US shipping. Please PM me if interested in purchase and I will provide payment details.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These look really nice... good job!

#8499 1 year ago

I really like how the one on the upper flipper blends it in with the rest of the reactor border.

#8500 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

- Left rail topper
Price for the kit is $50 including US shipping. Please PM me if interested in purchasing and I will provide payment details.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You missed a bit

Screenshot_20220618_192358.jpgScreenshot_20220618_192358.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/170?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.