(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 239.
#801 6 years ago

Anyone in the 60’s or 70’s get calls that their game is ready?

#802 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

spooky recently posted on Fbook about grabbing another batch of parts for the next 25 games. I assume those are for #51 onwards to be built?

#803 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

spooky recently posted on Fbook about grabbing another batch of parts for the next 25 games. I assume those are for #51 onwards to be built?

Charlie said that they were going to be finished with 75 or close to it by end of 2017. Just curious if they pulled that off.

#804 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I'm #60, and I haven't gotten "game is ready". I did get "What options?" a while back.

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Charlie said that they were going to be finished with 75 or close to it by end of 2017. Just curious if they pulled that off.

good point. Maybe the parts were for 76+ and 51-75 are nearing completion.

I am sure it is a tight ship of managing all the parts inventory to build just enough at the right time.

You guys are going to be stoked when you get your games!

#806 6 years ago

I'm think with people putting them on location, or with overseas orders, that they are slightly out of number order (someone with #80 putting it on location would have gotten theirs before #65, for example). With that being the case, going off of batch builds might be difficult.

#807 6 years ago

So, for the next step... I'm getting my old Corrado back working. Will take a few weeks,... more months.

When that's done I'm ready to use the casette player inside for the first time in decades for the TNA soundtrack (hopefully it's available till then) and cruise the streets 80's style! - Looking forward to that!

27115_1329298845964_3079798_n (resized).jpg27115_1329298845964_3079798_n (resized).jpg

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm #60, and I haven't gotten "game is ready". I did get "What options?" a while back.

Yes I got asked the same back on December 16th. I'm number 81. I was told by Joe at Pinballstar that they do this a few weeks before the game goes on the line. Early January was the guesstimate then.

#809 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So, for the next step... I'm getting my old Corrado back working. Will take a few weeks,... more months.

Nice BBS wheels.

I used to drive a MkIII GTI VR6, love that era of VWs. I took out the stock head unit though, so it didn't have a tape player anymore ...

#810 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice BBS wheels.
I used to drive a MkIII GTI VR6, love that era of VWs. I took out the stock head unit though, so it didn't have a tape player anymore ...

Since the car can now become an 'oldtimer' by law (and therefore I don't have to pay taxes for it) for this I have to put it in it's original condition... wich includes the original VW tape player. (Right now it's a 'relatively' new radio connected to an iPod Classic.)

#811 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since the car can now become an 'oldtimer' by law (and therefore I don't have to pay taxes for it) for this I have to put it in it's original condition... wich includes the original VW tape player. (Right now it's a 'relatively' new radio connected to an iPod Classic.)

That’s cool. We have the ability to modify the old car. But it has to be titled differently. Collector vs hobbist.

#812 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I’m #64. Nothing yet but it expecting it any week now.

#813 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I’m #64. Nothing yet but it expecting it any week now.

that is awesome Tom!!!

Glad you found a spot! I am guessing with your current love of the classics combined with your love for the modern stuff, that TNA is really going to be a hit for you and the family!

#814 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is awesome Tom!!!
Glad you found a spot! I am guessing with your current love of the classics combined with your love for the modern stuff, that TNA is really going to be a hit for you and the family!

What family??? Nah they don’t care as much. Although the wife did play a game of EBD just before Christmas.

Maybe the Fox Cities Pinball League and the many WI, IL and MN pinheads that come out to my Tournaments.

I might have to pull out the streaming gear when I get mine. Don’t think I have done that in over a year.

#815 6 years ago

yeah, the extended family

I figured the boys will like this one also.

#816 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, the extended family
I figured the boys will like this one also.

They may. They do like the early SS and EMs. Hopefully it will get them hooked again with the layout, music and light show.

#817 6 years ago

#50 should be here in a couple of days. I’m guessing the next 25 are starting soon if not already.

#818 6 years ago

Since I wrote a horrible amount of off-topic stuff, now me after about 2 weeks with the game.

I was a bit concerned since I'm mainly a one machine household (have one F14 in my basement for restauration and one old Gottlieb in my office) how I'd like the game and how soon the game will get old.

Can't obviously answer that question after 2 weeks BUT after taking a day to fix every little hardware issue (NIB machines tend to have a bunch of them after travelling around half the globe, so nothing out of the ordinary) and setting up every detail of the machine quite right it gets from allready "very good" to srsly "awesome".

Since the game is now much easier I'm able to make something like... uh... progress. So I get past reactor 2.

With every reactor getting even harder, the multiball beeing quite easy to achieve (so you should possibly stay in multiball as often as long as you can to complete the game) and the "Reactor Critical" + "Multiball" toghether situation leading to an own special music track it really, really keeps me on my toes.

And it's the ONLY game my 5-year old want's to play by himself still after 3 days.

Ah well, just look at'em...

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gifezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

#819 6 years ago

Those are some happy looking kids. Congratulations man because that kind of joy is what makes this hobby awesome and what we are still chasing as adults.

#820 6 years ago

Yeah, I'm blown away by how much my kids love pinball. It really has a magic that cannot be virtualized. I certainly want them to keep trying, but it just isn't there.

#821 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, I'm blown away by how much my kids love pinball. It really has a magic that cannot be virtualized. I certainly want them to keep trying, but it just isn't there.

Consider yourself lucky... my kids couldn't be bothered with it

#822 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, I'm blown away by how much my kids love pinball.

My son just liked TMNT (because of the music) and Ghostbusters (the slimer mech, but that got old very quick)... otherwise not so much when that first bit of novelty wears off. TNA is really different in that regard.
He understands what he has to do to progress in the game; he even explains to me what I have to do next when I'm playing. That's different to most new games because it's way too complicated (noone here liked the new Star Wars) and most old games HAVE no progress (my Operation Thunder HAS, but still...). That combined with the great music and lightshow is really outstanding.

It WILL get old eventually, since everything will get old at some point (especially when you only have one game at home) but that game will keep up much, much longer than everyone would have anticipated at first glance.

#823 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

And it's the ONLY game my 5-year old want's to play by himself still after 3 days.

Ah well, just look at'em...

You have no idea how much this just made KT and myself smile!!! Scott's music is crazy catchy!

If something we work this hard on can make kids on the other side of the planet dance happy, all worth it.

#824 6 years ago

I keep checking back to see someone post the game# they just put into their collection...
#77 here, eagerly awaiting the trip to Benton.

#825 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I keep checking back to see someone post the game# they just put into their collection...
#77 here, eagerly awaiting the trip to Benton.

Ditto. I want to go to Lawrence’s Pub when I am there too.

#826 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Ditto. I want to go to Lawrence’s Pub when I am there too.

If your driving by...
I’m checking eagerly as well.

#827 6 years ago

Got mine initially set up at my photography studio before I put it out on location to tweak things. One of my employees (non-pinball player) already told me she likes it way more than Flash Gordon (she was expecting AMH when she saw the box). The FG is set up pretty brutal too...

#828 6 years ago

Awesome!

59A64FEA-1DC8-44E2-912C-D9CE4ED19FF1 (resized).jpeg59A64FEA-1DC8-44E2-912C-D9CE4ED19FF1 (resized).jpeg

#830 6 years ago

This might be the first time that these words have ever been uttered but I think that I am going to wait for the digital download instead of buying the cassette.

#832 6 years ago

I'll most likely get a tape and the digital . I just need to find a crappy tape deck that will chew that thing up so I can take it apart , rewind the reels and put it back together .

#833 6 years ago

Urgh... I think I pass... :-/

checkout (resized).jpgcheckout (resized).jpg

Coudn't they offer a (slow & uninsured but) 'cheap' shipping method?

#835 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

#836 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Understandable. Pinball Life does not do that because we need to ensure the package get's to it's final destination otherwise we are at fault and have to replace items at our cost. The shipping system also rounds up to the nearest pound when calculating weight, but if there is a significant difference in what it costs to ship and what the customer paid, the difference will be refunded. Sorry.

These Cassettes will be at the Spooky and Double Danger booth at upcoming US shows. I also know that Double Danger has plans to sell a few of these in Europe. That may help as well.

--Scott

#837 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I also know that Double Danger has plans to sell a few of these in Europe. That may help as well.
--Scott

That'd be great!

#838 6 years ago

For $15, I had to have a cassette, even if it's just a novelty. I am pretty sure that I don't own a cassette player, so I'll need digital as well.

#839 6 years ago

No worries! The digital versions are coming to all the main services at the end of the month. This cassette is just giving people with cassette players early access to the music!!!
--Scott

#840 6 years ago

My vintage ‘85 JVC awaits!

857CBBAD-4B26-4992-9AD9-F0801A67CC35 (resized).jpeg857CBBAD-4B26-4992-9AD9-F0801A67CC35 (resized).jpeg

#841 6 years ago

Can't wait for Stern to release "WWE LE" on 8-Track... while claiming they had been planning to do it all along!

#842 6 years ago

Public service announcement to clean your tape heads!
--Scott

#843 6 years ago

Be kind, rewind.

#844 6 years ago

These Cassettes will be at the Spooky and Double Danger booth at upcoming US shows.
--Scott

I'll be picking mine up at TPF!

#845 6 years ago

Public service announcement to clean your tape heads!
--Scott

Are the limited quantitys? If so I would like to hold one for when I order next or see you guys.

#846 6 years ago

Sweet! Does the cassette come with a digital download when available or do you have to buy that separately?

#847 6 years ago

Just posted a quick no frills game play vid shot on new year's day 2018.

Enjoy
Jeremy & the Pinball Mayhem crew.

#848 6 years ago

I'm in!

IMG_2629 (resized).JPGIMG_2629 (resized).JPG

#849 6 years ago

20180106_210158 (resized).jpg20180106_210158 (resized).jpg

#850 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Total Nuclear Annihilation now on location at Mutiny Information Cafe in Denver! Go blow things up for points!!

Wanted to give a shout out to NightMutilator . I had so much fun playing this game tonight at Mutiny Information Cafe. Its a few blocks from my house. Feel very blessed to live in such a great pinball city (Denver). I believe this is one of the few TNA's on location anywhere. It is a really fun game.

Anyone in Denver should support Mutiny. Buy a book, get a coffee and play some pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.