(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,939 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,939 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 239.
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Are there plans to make the soundtrack available? (I can't tell if this is a joke).

Scott‘s facebook post says yes
Looking forward!

FD68D824-031B-4748-86F5-9712975368E4 (resized).jpegFD68D824-031B-4748-86F5-9712975368E4 (resized).jpeg

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Are there plans to make the soundtrack available? (I can't tell if this is a joke).
I'd buy it digitally right now, and all I've heard is what I can barely hear from the streams and the few clips on thenotrashcougar 's soundcloud page.

Not a joke. Releasing it on cassette first and then it will be available digitally in mid to late Jan of 2018.
--Scott

#753 6 years ago

Edit: nevermind, Scott beat me to it.

#754 6 years ago

#52 supposedly incoming tomorrow!

#755 6 years ago

Thanks Ben1981 and TheNoTrashCougar !

I was looking at Scott's official website and the spooky website. Should've remembered its 2017 and it's all about facebook!

Looking forward to it, I plan on dropping the songs into my Lethal Weapon 3 so its a Total Nuclear Lethal Weapon!

Will the cassette include a download link or will that be 2 separate purchases?

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Not a joke. Releasing it on cassette first and then it will be available digitally in mid to late Jan of 2018.
--Scott

Really excited about this... Thanks, Scott!

#757 6 years ago

--Scott

I knew it would pay off driving a vehicle that's old enough to still have a cassette player in the dash!

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I knew it would pay off driving a vehicle that's old enough to still have a cassette player in the dash!

Mike > are you getting a TNA yet?

#759 6 years ago

I just uploaded a beautiful wallpaper that Matt Andrews made for everyone featuring Scarlett from TNA. Check it out under the Misc section of tapinball.com. Hope you guys like it!
--Scott

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Mike > are you getting a TNA yet?

I'm too impulsive and impatient for pre-orders. I may buy one 2nd hand or wait until production is caught up which could be a long time with all the orders going in!

#761 6 years ago

I just uploaded a beautiful wallpaper that Matt Andrews made for everyone featuring Scarlett from TNA. Check it out under the Misc section of tapinball.com. Hope you guys like it!
--Scott

Uh,... I'm too dumb. Link plz?

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm too impulsive and impatient for pre-orders. I may buy one 2nd hand or wait until production is caught up which could be a long time with all the orders going in!

luckily you can come play mine

LMK if you want to grab some games some afternoon in the next week.

I could blow off work later today

#764 6 years ago

--Scott

I sure would love to be listening to this while stuck at work today, plus waiting on my game. I'm not going to complain too much, though. Seeing #52 ready to land, even if it is out of order a bit, while I'm at #60 has me pretty stoked.

#765 6 years ago

#42 is boxed and ready for pick up. Heading over tomorrow

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I sure would love to be listening to this while stuck at work today, plus waiting on my game. I'm not going to complain too much, though. Seeing #52 ready to land, even if it is out of order a bit, while I'm at #60 has me pretty stoked.

52 was sent with 25 to Germany. Easier & cheaper to send 2 at the same time vs single. So they went together. I try very hard if at all possible to keep/get/build games that are going to the same country together to make everyone's lives easier.

That being said.... if you do know of someone or several someones in your country that are getting games PLEASE let's try to get together on this.

Happy Holidays, Blessed Solstice, Happy end of Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Wonderful Kawanzaa & have a great New Year!!

#767 6 years ago

--Scott

Love his artwork! Thank you!

#768 6 years ago

TNA on location @ alamo drafthouse San Francisco. Upstairs.

20171219_174753.jpg20171219_174753.jpg

#769 6 years ago

--Scott

I saw a photo you shared earlier with this as your wallpaper, and I wanted it so bad... Thank you SO much for sharing the full HD version! I'm not sure if you've considered this, but if you and Matt were to develop a comic based on Scarlett's adventure, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Following this project as it transformed from a whitewood concept to a production release has been an absolute joy! I especially like watching people's first reactions to the simple-yet-elegant ball lock mechanism. As I eagerly await my #211, I think it's finally time to do something I haven't done in nearly two decades: bust out my old cassette player in anticipation of a new OST release.

#770 6 years ago

Are there any games on location in the Ann Arbor / Detroit metro area?

Private owwners please send PM, I would like to play it before placing an order.

Thanks Bob

#771 6 years ago

Me too! ..... or Toledo/ Columbus/ Cleveland area.

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

52 was sent with 25 to Germany. Easier & cheaper to send 2 at the same time vs single. So they went together. I try very hard if at all possible to keep/get/build games that are going to the same country together to make everyone's lives easier.
That being said.... if you do know of someone or several someones in your country that are getting games PLEASE let's try to get together on this.
Happy Holidays, Blessed Solstice, Happy end of Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Wonderful Kawanzaa & have a great New Year!!

You forgot Boxing Day for us servants. Crap I have to work.

#773 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

#32 in the house. So happy to be a part of this club. Question for owners: When my reactor is activated the right flipper stutters / jiggles. Similar to the flipper stutter on Dialed in. Is this part of gameplay?

Is this the butter cabinet?

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Is this the butter cabinet?

Sure is.

#775 6 years ago

TNA on location
Bigby’s pour house
Rolling Meadows, IL

9AA7A0E8-F099-400B-999D-5B37134555AF (resized).jpeg9AA7A0E8-F099-400B-999D-5B37134555AF (resized).jpeg

#776 6 years ago

Best christmas ever... (well at least since I was 3 years old)!

Got my TNA and to play Guardians of the Galaxy LE for a good amount of time.

(But altough GotG is great I stick with TNA themewise. )

Sadly my machine is missing the artblades and protector plastics but heck, so I have another late christmas present in 2018.

I was a bit afraid since I had to order the game only by videos but altough there are some minor things (lockbarfits a bit loose, backglass light a bit dim, fan is noisy... - everything things you can easily fix, mod or propably adjust in the service menu) the game is pure fun, has the most awesome sound ever and the cab a reeeally nice built quality.

So, definately not cheap importing it but I regret nothing!

WP_20171222_12_59_39_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20171222_12_59_39_Pro (resized).jpg

gog (resized).jpggog (resized).jpg

#777 6 years ago

Cassette? Good thing I still have a shitty old car!

#778 6 years ago

Great minds I guess...

#779 6 years ago

I haven't seen a cassette player in like 10 years.

#780 6 years ago

When will the 8 track be out?

#781 6 years ago

Service Menu Tests and Rubber Ring List have been uploaded to my website under the documentation section.

http://www.tapinball.com

Happy Holidays!

--Scott

#782 6 years ago

Service Menu Tests and Rubber Ring List have been uploaded to my website under the documentation section.
http://www.tapinball.com
Happy Holidays!
--Scott

What do you consider the “documentation” part of your website? I’m not seeing anything labeled documentation, granted I’ve been drinking, and it is Xmas eve.

#783 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

What do you consider the “documentation” part of your website? I’m not seeing anything labeled documentation, granted I’ve been drinking, and it is Xmas eve.

Wait for the booze to wear off...

513ABCB3-6661-4A65-8EB7-DB0748C03D23 (resized).png513ABCB3-6661-4A65-8EB7-DB0748C03D23 (resized).png

#784 6 years ago

Why would someone post a review of 1.4 with this comment and not get deleted?:

"Played it once, that was enough. Boring, repetitive, and the music started to give me a headache. If someone offered this game to me for free, I would have to think about it due to the fact I have limited space. Not impressed, and at the price point they are asking, there is no way I would ever buy this game."

If the user played it once, why did he first make a review 30 days ago, and then updated 6 days ago?

#785 6 years ago

I immediately disregard any opinions that begin with "Played it once". Any other past or future comments by that person are considered tainted and worthless.

#786 6 years ago

Still not having played my machine a lot due to... well... christmas and stuff.
But my Kids (5 & soon to be 2 years old) like to turn it on and dance. XD

#787 6 years ago

Is there a video of these side rails working? I would like to see more than a picture.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p115/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-TNA-Side-Rail-Illumination-Kit-Pinball-Mod

#788 6 years ago

I wonder if the design of this game lends itself better to having many versions of code offering up a broader range of games compared to other designs? For example, adding a feature that causes the reactor to start 'leaking' would involve just having leds programmed to flash different color timed sequences etc. I think the lack of ramps and toys, and relying on lights, color, sounds, targets, shots, time make it a better generic platform for custom code forks, but not sure.

Also, having unique call-outs that rarely repeat themselves, like sounds song samples would be cool, as I find call-outs can get repetitive. Having 'organic' callouts with lots of cheap onboar memory to spare, and lots of license free sounds/music can make it more interesting than repeating call-outs... Same with light sequences, having randomness in the light patterns can make it more interesting over time, I would think. Most games have yet to take full advantage of the the ability to program LEDs and change their colors in new ways not possible in the past.

#789 6 years ago

I've allready used 3 spare RGB LED's out of the goodie bag... Anyone else having a problem with the initial failure rate or am I just a bit unlucky?

Funny thing is, it's the green failing all 3 times and all around the upper right side of reactor chamber (one former star insert, one arrow and now the most upper Multiball-Lock insert). Will have a look on the wiring if this happens a again.

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I've allready used 3 spare RGB LED's out of the goodie bag... Anyone else having a problem with the initial failure rate or am I just a bit unlucky?
Funny thing is, it's the green failing all 3 times and all around the upper right side of reactor chamber (one former star insert, one arrow and now the most upper Multiball-Lock insert). Will have a look on the wiring if this happens a again.

This was common with a few games that went out. There was a small bad batch of LEDs that the green channel failed on the chip at a max of 3% fail rate. This was way too high. This is not a board or a wiring issue. This has been resolved, but if you have a failed LED, you can either reflow the common leg with a hot soldering iron to bring them back to life or contact support to get an LED replacement. Not a huge deal since the game has modular direct drive LEDs, but really unfortunate for that LED chip manufacturer as a 3% fail rate on a specific channel is not acceptable. The goodie bag had some extra LEDs in it as well just in case this happened.
--Scott

#791 6 years ago

This was common with a few games that went out. There was a small bad batch of LEDs that the green channel failed on the chip at a max of 3% fail rate. This was way too high. This is not a board or a wiring issue. This has been resolved, but if you have a failed LED, you can either reflow the common leg with a hot soldering iron to bring them back to life or contact support to get an LED replacement. Not a huge deal since the game has modular direct drive LEDs, but really unfortunate for that LED chip manufacturer as a 3% fail rate on a specific channel is not acceptable. The goodie bag had some extra LEDs in it as well just in case this happened.
--Scott

Ah ok, thx for the info.

And big thanks for making the LEDs unplugable and not making me solder (while holding the cables and LED board on the lifted playfield)! (Had to do this on other machines and it was a nightmare.)

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I wonder if the design of this game lends itself better to having many versions of code offering up a broader range of games compared to other designs? For example, adding a feature that causes the reactor to start 'leaking' would involve just having leds programmed to flash different color timed sequences etc. I think the lack of ramps and toys, and relying on lights, color, sounds, targets, shots, time make it a better generic platform for custom code forks, but not sure.
Also, having unique call-outs that rarely repeat themselves, like sounds song samples would be cool, as I find call-outs can get repetitive. Having 'organic' callouts with lots of cheap onboar memory to spare, and lots of license free sounds/music can make it more interesting than repeating call-outs... Same with light sequences, having randomness in the light patterns can make it more interesting over time, I would think. Most games have yet to take full advantage of the the ability to program LEDs and change their colors in new ways not possible in the past.

cake and eat it ?

#793 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ah ok, thx for the info.
And big thanks for making the LEDs unplugable and not making me solder (while holding the cables and LED board on the lifted playfield)! (Had to do this on other machines and it was a nightmare.)

You are very welcome. I was thinking about the potential for LED failure over time and decided it was good to use connectors as LEDs do fail eventually. They just do not fail as fast as incandescent. Replacements will be up on the Pinball Life website soon as well. We will have replacement light boards, single GI, and single insert lights.
--Scott

#794 6 years ago

You are very welcome. I was thinking about the potential for LED failure over time and decided it was good to use connectors as LEDs do fail eventually. They just do not fail as fast as incandescent. Replacements will be up on the Pinball Life website soon as well. We will have replacement light boards, single GI, and single insert lights.
--Scott

Glad to hear they will be available at the best pinball parts supplier in the world. I have had a few fail and brought them all back to life except....the upper center of my reactor grid. I brought it back once and then replaced it with one of the loose bulbs you sent for me. It failed a day later. Suggestions on what to do next? Glad to hear the boards will be available. Getting close to 300 game on mine.

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Glad to hear they will be available at the best pinball parts supplier in the world. I have had a few fail and brought them all back to life except....the upper center of my reactor grid. I brought it back once and then replaced it with one of the loose bulbs you sent for me. It failed a day later. Suggestions on what to do next? Glad to hear the boards will be available. Getting close to 300 game on mine.

Nice! 300 plays is pretty good! We (Pinball Life) will send you a replacement 3x3 board with the new LED chips in it, just email me at [email protected]. Consider this a warranty replacement direct from the source.
--Scott

#796 6 years ago

--Scott

This is awesome. I have the AFMle and am concerned about bad batches of LEDs and their 3-led pod failing at once... like your green LEDs, so nice job making them plugable.

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

This is awesome. I have the AFMle and am concerned about bad batches of LEDs and their 3-led pod failing at once... like your green LEDs, so nice job making them plugable.

Thanks man. Yeah the whole system is modular. If something breaks, it can be replaced pretty easily. Also all the LED board in TNA have through hole LEDs on them. So with basic soldering tools, these boards can even be serviced. But it is probably easier just to replace if needed.
--Scott

#798 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I was trying to figure out ways to make the game more varied. As people said they can make a player mode to see one reactor high score.

On games like Mario you can play a level for most points *or* you can complete quickest as a time trial. IOW see how fast you can complete a set of objectives.

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Hi Kayte, I sent you an email about that very topic .

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was trying to figure out ways to make the game more varied. As people said they can make a player mode to see one reactor high score.
On games like Mario you can play a level for most points *or* you can complete quickest as a time trial. IOW see how fast you can complete a set of objectives.

Yes, stuff like that sounds very cool and can get creative. The more customization, the more 'randomness' can be enabled too, like randomly leading the player through all of the known modes, and pulling new modes off the cloud.

Something as simple as incrementally brightening all the LEDs the further along you get is cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,939 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/16?hl=icefang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.