(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 239.
#8401 2 years ago

I think the new backbox has a hinged speaker panel like R&M, but not sure anything in particular has been released.

#8402 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I think the new backbox has a hinged speaker panel like R&M, but not sure anything in particular has been released.

Pretty sure that's the plan...

#8403 2 years ago

Maybe spooky will use molex plugs???

#8404 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Maybe spooky will use molex plugs???

They definitely will. They have a crimp machine in house now.

Also, just to clarify the backbox thing. The TNA remake will have the same physical cabinet, but will have the newer style flip down LCD.

--Scott

#8405 2 years ago

I hear a bunch of people that upgraded their monitors to get better black levels and just curious how it’s done?

#8406 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I hear a bunch of people that upgrade their monitors to get better black levels and just curious how that is done?

Check out this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ips-lcd-upgrade-interest-rampm-acnc-tna-and-more

#8407 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I hear a bunch of people that upgrade their monitors to get better black levels and just curious how that is done?

I also tried just adjusting contrast/brightness and now it is nice and dark. If you have spare money though, that new ips screen is nice.

#8408 2 years ago

FWIW, I don't find that upgrading the screen is necessary simply because of the kind of images that appear on the screen. The colors are intentionally drab, and the imagery staticky and low res. If you haven't already, play with the gamma/contrast/brightness settings. There's post in this thread somewhere that outlines that specific values for each of the settings. You might have to search for it; it really should be a key post if it isn't already.

like northvibe said, if you have the cash, then by all means, but bang for the buck upgrade, for me, it's not. The knocker wins in this case.

#8409 2 years ago

Yeah, we purposely made the images look like VHS quality on the LCD.

#8410 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

What’s vhs?

#8411 2 years ago

Hi,
my 12v Power supply died during a 2 days exhibition (sob)
Could you tell me where to find a brand new one?
I cannot find the item on Pinball Life....

#8412 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeZooNours:

Hi,

I'm sure if you email Spooky or Terry at Pinball Life directly, they would be able to help you out.

#8413 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeZooNours:

Hi,

The 12v/5v power supply is a Meanwell RD-65a. The "a" at the end of the part number is important, so make sure you get the correct one. You can get these almost anywhere on the web. They are also not really expensive, which is awesome. Sorry your game went down.
--Scott

#8414 2 years ago

The 12v/5v power supply is a Meanwell RD-65a. The "a" at the end of the part number is important, so make sure you get the correct one. You can get these almost anywhere on the web. They are also not really expensive, which is awesome. Sorry your game went down.
--Scott

Thanx Scott.
It is not that bad, I was super happy to show this game, it played non stop, people really loved it and gave warm feedbacks.

#8415 2 years ago

If anyone is interested, I have 24 sets of these speaker panel / coin door decals available.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1266-pinball-nerd-decals-/06632-total-nuclear-annihilation-speaker-panel-and-coin-door-decal

TNA Speaker panel with covers (resized).jpgTNA Speaker panel with covers (resized).jpgTNA Speaker panel with covers copy (resized).pngTNA Speaker panel with covers copy (resized).pngcoin door black (resized).jpgcoin door black (resized).jpg
#8416 2 years ago

New amp is in route! Hope to see if it fixes my sub issue

#8417 2 years ago

Picked up a TNA and looking for any speaker grill/light mod. I emailed Spooky if they were making anymore of the original kits but I'm guessing they aren't anymore.

#8418 2 years ago

I don't see any speaker light mods specifically made for TNA, has anyone made there own or used a kit made for another game that works?

#8419 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Picked up a TNA and looking for any speaker grill/light mod. I emailed Spooky if they were making anymore of the original kits but I'm guessing they aren't anymore.

They do still make them, I got one a few months back, might just take a while.

#8420 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

They do still make them, I got one a few months back, might just take a while.

Good news!!! I will wait to hear back from them.

#8421 2 years ago

Alright, new amp is in and I fired the game up. I think it sounds better, but I haven't messed with the volume of the old amp in a long time.... I assume my old amp made my sub sound blown, and this isn't doing that now. HOWEVER. when I turn on the amp, there is a little hum/buzz from the 2 backbox speakers. Is this normal? Like a little static? Otherwise I'm assuming there is something with my amp....

EDIT: put stock amp in, ya has a little hum/hiss

Did anyone swap the stock aux/3.5mm cable? jfc is that thing over sized and short.

EDIT 2: swapped back to new amp. Ya, the hum/hiss is stronger on the new amp. But sub sounds better... I kind of assume the amp is "better" so it is just magnifying the audio.... The audio comes out of a som (pi looking board) via hdmi, goes to the lcd controller and then is outputted via 3.5mm. Wondering if it is better/easier to pull the audio pre lcd board? eh...gonna get this amp in and worry about that later.

#8422 2 years ago

Anyone have a spare scoop cliffy they could sell me? Cliff only sells the kit and hasn't gotten back to me on just ordering the scoop protector.

#8423 2 years ago

In celebration of TNA #95's 4th birthday last month, she got a little cleanup, waxing, new rubbers and is playing extra fast and mean. I can't believe it's been 4 years I've had her.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8424 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

In celebration of TNA #95's 4th birthday last month, she got a little cleanup, waxing, new rubbers and is playing extra fast and mean. I can't believe it's been 4 years I've had her.
[quoted image]

You must love a brutal game even brutaller game is wild when cleaned!

#8425 2 years ago

This is a club I want to join. I'm trying to trade a Mando Pro to get one in Northern California.

#8426 2 years ago

I plugged booth sub air holes and man it hits now, more how I thought it should? I need to clean up all the wire changes and management and screw all the holders back in. I cut the new power cord to splice into the psu like the original

85949FBB-746B-4DA1-B8FA-6BAC79A0FCA4 (resized).jpeg85949FBB-746B-4DA1-B8FA-6BAC79A0FCA4 (resized).jpeg
#8427 2 years ago

I'm having an interesting issue with my drop targets, when I power on the game they will start cycling and resetting constantly. I've removed and reseated the power and the controller wiring but it didn't help.

Has anyone had this issue before?

#8428 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I'm having an interesting issue with my drop targets, when I power on the game they will start cycling and resetting constantly. I've removed and reseated the power and the controller wiring but it didn't help.
Has anyone had this issue before?

Yes! You optos behind the drops think you have a ball stuck there. Check/replace the IDC connectors for these optos as they are troublesome.
--Scott

#8429 2 years ago

Yes! You optos behind the drops think you have a ball stuck there. Check/replace the IDC connectors for these optos as they are troublesome.
--Scott

I had no idea there was an opto back there, I should have looked at more than just the drop target switches.

As always, thank you for your help Scott - really appreciate it!

#8430 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I had no idea there was an opto back there, I should have looked at more than just the drop target switches.

The optos are under the fan plastic near the drop bank

#8431 2 years ago

seems like a great time to see what's new in the thread.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8432 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Not a problem at all. This is a fairly common issue with a pretty easy fix.
--Scott

1 week later
#8433 1 year ago

Hi guys,
>700 plays on my TNA, i have to change the thin post sleeves.
Has anyone tried coloured ones?
I would be happy to see your pics before ordering!

#8434 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeZooNours:

Hi guys,
>700 plays on my TNA, i have to change the thin post sleeves.
Has anyone tried coloured ones?
I would be happy to see your pics before ordering!

I just re did all rubbers with the PBL clears, but I would think the colored ones would work too!

#8435 1 year ago

I'm a big fan of Glow in the Dark from Titan.

#8436 1 year ago

My TNA pop bumper is dead and when I first started troubleshooting it the switch and solenoid worked fine in test mode but the pop bumper was dead during game play. Now a day later with more testing the switch is permanently dead. The switch ohms out perfectly but manual manipulation of the switch will not show up in test mode. I reflowed the switch solder joints and still dead so I'm suspecting that the switch board lost an input channel.

Anybody ever have a switch board go out? TheNoTrashCougar

#8437 1 year ago

When is the next run expected? Any pricing info?

#8438 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

When is the next run expected? Any pricing info?

After Halloween and Ultraman and price who knows...

#8439 1 year ago

You purposely made it kick ass is what you did.

#8440 1 year ago
Quoted from sandersj:

My TNA pop bumper is dead and when I first started troubleshooting it the switch and solenoid worked fine in test mode but the pop bumper was dead during game play. Now a day later with more testing the switch is permanently dead. The switch ohms out perfectly but manual manipulation of the switch will not show up in test mode. I reflowed the switch solder joints and still dead so I'm suspecting that the switch board lost an input channel.
Anybody ever have a switch board go out? TheNoTrashCougar

I really doubt the board is bad, just check the connections of the wires. Make sure the black wire has continuity to ground and the other wire connects directly to the switch board.

Quoted from Charles_Kline:

You purposely made it kick ass is what you did.

HAHA Thanks!

--Scott

#8441 1 year ago

Random question. Just moved into my new house and set up TNA in the garage. While playing, I saw this little thumb screw rolling down the playfield. Any clue where it might have come from?

16504191725284307116269697471640 (resized).jpg16504191725284307116269697471640 (resized).jpg
#8442 1 year ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Random question. Just moved into my new house and set up TNA in the garage. While playing, I saw this little thumb screw rolling down the playfield. Any clue where it might have come from?
[quoted image]

Found it! Inside the coin door.

#8443 1 year ago

Yup those screws usually hold the coin mechs in

#8444 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yup those screws usually hold the coin mechs in

Yep, I tightened the others while I was there. Probably worked itself loose in the move.

#8445 1 year ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Yep, I tightened the others while I was there. Probably worked itself loose in the move.

Ya, I think 2 out of 3 nib games came with those loose in the cab

#8446 1 year ago

After a couple of years I finally managed to destroy reactor 9. What a game, grand champion now 13.077.339! But I did not understand TNA "wizard mode". There is an entry in the high scores with tna 1,181 seconds. What does that mean?

TNA is still always in focus with guests in the game room. Such great fun with coop and coop VS mode. TNA will never leave!

#8447 1 year ago

Not too many come up for sale over here. When Spooky does the re-release TNA will def be my first NIB!

#8448 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

There is an entry in the high scores with tna 1,181 seconds. What does that mean?

Awesome! Great job beating reactor 9!!! That high score entry is how many cumulative seconds it took you to beat each reactor. It is basically a total reactor uptime from unlock to destroy for each reactor. Now see if you can do it faster! I forgot what the current world record speed run was, but I can ask around. I think Ryan McQuaid is currently the fastest.
--Scott

#8449 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

When Spooky does the re-release TNA will def be my first NIB!

This is my current plan as well. Going to join the Spooky club in preparation for it, after they refresh the swag they give with new membership (hoping they do so in August).

#8450 1 year ago

Awesome! Great job beating reactor 9!!! That high score entry is how many cumulative seconds it took you to beat each reactor. It is basically a total reactor uptime from unlock to destroy for each reactor. Now see if you can do it faster! I forgot what the current world record speed run was, but I can ask around. I think Ryan McQuaid is currently the fastest.
--Scott

Thanks a lot. Now I got it. It was 1181 seconds reactor uptime during the whole game. Very cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/169?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.