(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 239.
#8351 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

In fact, I would replace ALL the 2 position and 4 position IDC connectors in this game with Trifurcon connectors.

That's been on my list of things to get done on the machine as I had to already swap them for the right scoop opto board. Had a spare molex and swapped it out so that should do it for now. Thank you so much for the quick response! Now I can put this one in the tournament tonight

#8352 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

That's been on my list of things to get done on the machine as I had to already swap them for the right scoop opto board. Had a spare molex and swapped it out so that should do it for now. Thank you so much for the quick response! Now I can put this one in the tournament tonight

Oh awesome!!!
--Scott

#8353 2 years ago

Hello,

Been experiencing issue where game keeps making beeping noise similar to when drop targets are hit which is progressing the "bonus data display module" lights in center playfield.

When I run switch tests I see I am getting errors on drop target 1.

Tried to adjust the switch but no avail. I notice when the drop target tests cycles through and triggers an error on drop target 1, that target fails to lower and drop down error 1 occurs.

Is this a faulty spring issue I have seen in other posts?

Thanks

20220223_200349 (resized).jpg20220223_200349 (resized).jpg20220223_200449 (resized).jpg20220223_200449 (resized).jpg20220223_200541 (resized).jpg20220223_200541 (resized).jpg
#8354 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBallinOnBudge:

Hello,
Been experiencing issue where game keeps making beeping noise similar to when drop targets are hit which is progressing the "bonus data display module" lights in center playfield.
When I run switch tests I see I am getting errors on drop target 1.
Tried to adjust the switch but no avail. I notice when the drop target tests cycles through and triggers an error on drop target 1, that target fails to lower and drop down error 1 occurs.
Is this a faulty spring issue I have seen in other posts?
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So I just tightened the spring a bit just after posting this and all works OK now in case others come across this. See pic

20220226_115251 (resized).jpg20220226_115251 (resized).jpg
#8356 2 years ago

I’ve been dying to join this club for quite a while. I keep hearing rumors of another run. What’s the word on the street? Will Spooky make more?

#8357 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I’ve been dying to join this club for quite a while. I keep hearing rumors of another run. What’s the word on the street? Will Spooky make more?

Spooky will make more eventually, just not sure when yet.
--Scott

#8358 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Well first Spooky has to complete the run of Ironman/Halloween then their shop may be open to TNA production. But if they have their next game designed built ready to launch they may go that route. Contact Spooky and let them know that you want to be on the list of potential buyers. Original MSRP was $5,995. I won't guess at future pricing and I think it will be made with the P-ROC system like the originals.

#8359 2 years ago

Just installed the quiet fan into TNA and I don’t know why I waited so long. Highly suggest this upgrade if your game is at home.

https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-multimorphic-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit-600w.html

#8360 2 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Just installed the quiet fan into TNA and I don’t know why I waited so long. Highly suggest this upgrade if your game is at home.
https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-multimorphic-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit-600w.html

I got mine just sitting here as well uninstalled. I really need to get on that....

#8361 2 years ago

I got mine just sitting here as well uninstalled. I really need to get on that....

There really is a dramatic difference between the 2 fans. I installed that and a Shaker motor at the same time. I have owned the game for about a year now and I still think it’s one of the best games ever made.

#8362 2 years ago
#8363 2 years ago

They look like the standard 1 something inch switch/router fans. I did a ton of those DIY for unifi gear and found sunon had the quietest but best air movement for the buck. I'll have to check! thank you.

EDIT: Oh, these are 60x60x25, the switch fans are 40x40x25 never mind! Looks like fans took a production hit as well for being in stock

EDIT 2 :
stock
sunon kd1206ptb1
23.5 cfm
34.5 dBa

pin monk?
Sunon
HA60251V4-1000U-A99
13.8 cfm
10.7 dBa

Vantech
Stealth SF6025L
12 cfm
20 dBa

CUI
CFM-6025V-131-167
16 cfm
16.7 dBa

Noctua
NF-A6x25 FLX
17 cfm
19 Dba
3 pin, have to plug it into 2pin

Looks like CUI may be the best cfm to dba ratio.

#8364 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

They look like the standard 1 something inch switch/router fans. I did a ton of those DIY for unifi gear and found sunon had the quietest but best air movement for the buck. I'll have to check! thank you.
EDIT: Oh, these are 60x60x25, the switch fans are 40x40x25 never mind! Looks like fans took a production hit as well for being in stock
EDIT 2 :
stock
sunon kd1206ptb1
23.5 cfm
34.5 dBa
pin monk?
Sunon
HA60251V4-1000U-A99
13.8 cfm
10.7 dBa
Vantech
Stealth SF6025L
12 cfm
20 dBa
CUI
CFM-6025V-131-167
16 cfm
16.7 dBa
Noctua
NF-A6x25 FLX
17 cfm
19 Dba
3 pin, have to plug it into 2pin
Looks like CUI may be the best cfm to dba ratio.

I went with Vantech, because cheap and OnTheSnap did it, so it was a sure thing Did it on both TNA and R&M. Runs without any issues. Definitely cool that you compiled all that info though!

#8365 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I went with Vantech, because cheap and OnTheSnap did it, so it was a sure thing Did it on both TNA and R&M. Runs without any issues. Definitely cool that you compiled all that info though!

Idk why I did that, now I want to order them. Ugh. I’ll probably order some for tna and Mm to try….. :-p

2 weeks later
#8366 2 years ago

Haven't been in this forum for awhile, any other rumors on a TNA remake or is that dead in the water ? (Spooky understandably too busy to make them I assume)

#8367 2 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Haven't been in this forum for awhile, any other rumors on a TNA remake or is that dead in the water ? (Spooky understandably too busy to make them I assume)

scroll up about 9 posts for comment on that from the cougar that doesn't like trash from 19 days ago

#8368 2 years ago

Oh damn my bad, I did the classic "oohh haven't been in that forum for awhile, let me make a quick post during lunch without scrolling"

I'll go back to the dunce corner

#8369 2 years ago

Yeah, the remake run is absolutely going to happen, we just need to figure out when to get the second line up at Spooky. I am not sure yet but I doubt it is far out. Spooky is heads down on Halloween and Ultraman games at a moment.
--Scott

#8370 2 years ago

Yeah, the remake run is absolutely going to happen, we just need to figure out when to get the second line up at Spooky. I am not sure yet but I doubt it is far out. Spooky is heads down on Halloween and Ultraman games at a moment.
--Scott

I can’t wait for the remake. Not sure why but this game just pulls me in but it does.
I do know one thing, my wife will have a nuclear meltdown when I get it.

#8371 2 years ago

I'm so in on the second run of these. It has exactly the right balance of new and old pinball for me.

#8372 2 years ago

I can safely say that this game is never leaving our collection. Lots of memories attached with this game, so it's got a ton of sentimental value, but the gameplay is nothing like anything else out there. There truly is nothing that you can play today, that evokes the same kind of emotion or joy that TNA does. It's a one-of-a-kind.

And Scott Danesi is awesome.

#8373 2 years ago

Count me in for a remake! In the meantime I'll be enjoying Rick and Morty

#8374 2 years ago

Nice crash yesterday. Just after exploding reactor 1.
The machine shut down and reboot.
First time it ever happened.
Is there a known bug?

#8375 2 years ago

Do you know if the full game rebooted (gi lights etc) or did the screen just reboot?

#8376 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Do you know if the full game rebooted (gi lights etc) or did the screen just reboot?

To be honest, I'm not sure...
Why this question?

#8377 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

All i can tell, the system rebooted (loading bar)

#8378 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeZooNours:

To be honest, I'm not sure...
Why this question?

Mine has had the LCD screen reboot, and it "loads" which made me think the game rebooted but it was just the screen. It means it is a different issue than the computer board rebooting. Usually it is a loose or bad power connection. Those IDC connectors replacement to molex are step 1.

#8379 2 years ago

Yeah with the shaker and bass going ballistic when a reactor is destroyed I would think a loose connector would be my first hunch as well.

#8380 2 years ago

The barrel plug to power a pcb behind my speaker panel is pretty floppy… but most full band issues stem from the idc connectors

#8381 2 years ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

Count me in for a remake! In the meantime I'll be enjoying Rick and Morty

I’ll take a rerun of the original and I’ll pay $7-$8K if they announced it tomorrow.
I am not going to pay 8K for a used one, which seems to be where the market is now.

#8382 2 years ago

Just joined the club and curious if a shaker or a knocker adds anything to gameplay

#8383 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Just join the club and curious if a shaker or a knocker adds anything to gameplay

I mean they add something. The game doesn’t need a shaker but I’d you love shaking games, it shakes

#8384 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Just joined the club and curious if a shaker or a knocker adds anything to gameplay

I'll disagree with northvibe, definitely needs the shaker, I had mine for a couple months before I added the shaker and it is a big difference imo. knocker not so much but I do like the reward for replay.

#8385 2 years ago

I’m on team shaker.

#8386 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I'll disagree with northvibe, definitely needs the shaker, I had mine for a couple months before I added the shaker and it is a big difference imo. knocker not so much but I do like the reward for replay.

I mean I have shakers on all my games :shrug: but my tna came with it so idk how integrated it is as the game usually is always shaking, maybe it is the shaker and I just don't know.

#8387 2 years ago

Can someone tell me if a shaker and a knocker was stock on the game. As in was it included or do you have to pay extra to have it added? Thanks

#8388 2 years ago

I thought they all had shakers. ?

#8389 2 years ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Can someone tell me if a shaker and a knocker was stock on the game. As in was it included or do you have to pay extra to have it added? Thanks

You had to pay extra. You would order them (along with the mirror blades if you wanted those too) from PBL and have them shipped to Spooky to add to your game if you wanted them installed for you. That is what I did with mine. You also had the choice of paying a little extra for the speaker lights.

#8390 2 years ago

Last two used TNA on the marketplace were priced at $9K. Interesting how prices keep going up even though a 2nd run has been announced.

Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I’ll take a rerun of the original and I’ll pay $7-$8K if they announced it tomorrow.
I am not going to pay 8K for a used one, which seems to be where the market is now.

#8391 2 years ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

Last two used TNA on the marketplace were priced at $9K. Interesting how prices keep going up even though a 2nd run has been announced.

It’s just those who don’t have patience. Just like how JP Premium is going to be run (and is actually scheduled unlike TNA which isn’t and probably won’t be until at least the time Halloween and Ultraman are done) and they are going for well over retail.

#8392 2 years ago

The shaker has a low rumble when the reactor has been overheated and is ready to explode. It has a large rumble when it is destroyed. Also each time the pop bumper is hit. I think it adds a lot to the game and would recommend it.

#8393 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The shaker has a low rumble when the reactor has been overheated and is ready to explode. It has a large rumble when it is destroyed. Also each time the pop bumper is hit. I think it adds a lot to the game and would recommend it.

I also recommend the shaker. 100%.

--Scott

#8394 2 years ago

Spooky will make more eventually, just not sure when yet.
--Scott

Really happy to hear this! I'm guessing it's way too early to have any insight on pricing?

#8395 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Really happy to hear this! I'm guessing it's way too early to have any insight on pricing?

Yeah, Spooky will take care of all of that. I do know it is going to be more than the game sold for originally, but that is it. Once I get final details, I will let everyone know.
--Scott

#8396 2 years ago

Really kicking myself in the ass for not buying one of these games 3 years ago. A couple within a few hours of me were selling for under $5k.

#8397 2 years ago

base price when new was $5,995 butter cabinet ad 1000

I ordered mine with the shaker/knocker and it is not for sale

#8398 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

base price when new was $5,995 butter cabinet ad 1000
I ordered mine with the shaker/knocker and it is not for sale

Remember when people thought it cost too much? Put that price out now and see what happens!

#8399 2 years ago

I ordered mine while I was on vacation in Portugal… after watching the Dead Flip stream. Much to my wife’s chagrin, I set an alarm for 1 or 2AM, watched a good 1/2 hour, then began communicating with Joe at PinballStar. Got the deal done, went back to sleep.

My first international deal!

Frankly, I don’t see why someone wouldn’t buy a HUO game. It will be dialed in with the kinks worked out! Plus, it’s the only way to get the original backbox… yeah, an argument can be made for Spooky’s new design… but the original is truly limited.

#8400 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

an argument can be made for Spooky’s new design… but the original is truly limited.

Has there been a new backbox revealed? I just checked on their site, but didn't see anything about it. I'd love to take a look though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/168?hl=wannabewizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.