(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 239.
#8001 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Is there any info out there regarding 2.0 software?

TheNoTrashCougar on this thread designed the game and is doing the code..lol He is a great guy but I am sure he is keeping that a secret for now..

#8002 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

TheNoTrashCougar on this thread designed the game and is doing the code..lol He is a great guy but I am sure he is keeping that a secret for now..

I know who TNTC is, I love his work I have a R&M from new, but only recently picked up a TNA, so not familiar with all the TNA ins and outs as yet. Just thought there may be some details out there.

IMG_8288.jpgIMG_8288.jpg
#8003 2 years ago

I know who TNTC is, I love his work I have a R&M from new, but only recently picked up a TNA, so not familiar with all the TNA ins and outs as yet. Just thought there may be some details out there.
[quoted image]

You seem to have a beautiful example too.. I bet it's hard to come by down there.

#8004 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Excellent taste. I should probably put mine side by side as well. Can’t wait to see 2.0 and Scott’s next design.

#8005 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You seem to have a beautiful example too.. I bet it's hard to come by down there.

I’ve only seen one other in Oz, but a number of people have them in private collections.

Thanks!! It is beautiful, the previous owner installed every worthwhile mod, looks and plays great!!

#8006 2 years ago

So here is more TNA merch everyone needs. https://shop.northstarpinball.com/

TheNoTrashCougar any news being this?
119F2122-23D0-4C25-BEDC-9043D8A69EFE (resized).jpeg119F2122-23D0-4C25-BEDC-9043D8A69EFE (resized).jpeg

#8007 2 years ago

Just ordered my Total Nuclear Annihilation vinyl. Great idea.

TNA Vinly (resized).pngTNA Vinly (resized).png
#8008 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I know this topic comes up now and then, but is there any consensus as to when Spooky is likely to do another run of TNA? If they wait until they are entirely done with Halloween (Late 2022), will there still be enough interest in TNA to justify another run? Is there a "window of opportunity" that they would do well to pay attention to? I can remember when HUO TNA's could be had for $5500. Now they seem to command mid-sevens and up. I'm interested in the game and would like to find one, but they are harder to find than even the average Stern LE - and no less expensive in some cases! Oof!

I am also looking out for the re-run of TNA. I’ve been lucky enough to play one at FlipOut in London and it is among my Top 3 pinball machines of all time.

#8009 2 years ago

Stock TNA speaker lights: do they compare to SpeakerLights.com kits?

I don't have a TNA in front of me, but I have a deal for one in motion and I'm already poking around on this thread to learn more about the owners' experience and to get ideas for upgrades/enhancements/mods.

I'm told the speaker lights in this game are installed at the factory. Do they have any variability? Can they be set to one of several "patterns"? Can they be set to respond to the music like an EQ?

I have some experience with the Deluxe 5.25" speaker light kit from SpeakerLights.com and wonder if the stock lights are basically the same thing or if they are noticeably inferior. What do you owners think of your stock lights?

Thanks.

#8010 2 years ago

What kind of bulbs are in the stock TNA general-illumination?

Are they all 2SMD frosted cool-white? Are they rebranded Cointaker or Comet bulbs, or are they something Spooky brings in from China as a "house brand"? Could they be clear-lensed and *not* frosted?

Thanks.

#8011 2 years ago

Please steer me to the post number in this thread that tackles making custom sound code for TNA.

(If this kind of customization is actually *not* something P-ROC games actually support, I would like to know that, too, obviously.)

I would like to know how involved this process is. I would like to know if it's similar to how I have used Pinball Browser to change sound/music on SAM and SPIKE II games from Stern.

** Update: **

Found this post on the Pinball Browser thread, so it looks like the process *is* similar to that used for Stern games. Sweet!

Thanks.

Screenshot (60) (resized).pngScreenshot (60) (resized).png
#8013 2 years ago

Also do NOT try to make custom sound for TNA. It is perfect as is.

#8014 2 years ago

Stock TNA speaker lights: do they compare to SpeakerLights.com kits?
I don't have a TNA in front of me, but I have a deal for one in motion and I'm already poking around on this thread to learn more about the owners' experience and to get ideas for upgrades/enhancements/mods.
I'm told the speaker lights in this game are installed at the factory. Do they have any variability? Can they be set to one of several "patterns"? Can they be set to respond to the music like an EQ?
I have some experience with the Deluxe 5.25" speaker light kit from SpeakerLights.com and wonder if the stock lights are basically the same thing or if they are noticeably inferior. What do you owners think of your stock lights?
Thanks.

speaker lights are all tied into the light shows in the game, they are also RGB.

#8015 2 years ago

Thanks, Trilogy. Very helpful! It looks like there really is no way to customize the GI or inserts in this game. They use these trick little assemblies throughout and *not* bulbs/sockets! Got it.

#8016 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

speaker lights are all tied into the light shows in the game, they are also RGB.

Also helpful. Thanks, BorgDog!

#8017 2 years ago

Beacon bulb: what is it and can it be replaced?

I'm sure you're thinking at this point that I'm bent on customizing everything in this game, but that's not really my plan. I just put a lot of stock in the GI/insert lighting on games and strive to maximize it however I can - usually by upgrading to superior bulbs. Does the beacon use an "RGB assembly" just like the GI/inserts, or does it have a fairly standard white LED?

Thanks.

#8018 2 years ago

The info you found on pinball browser for customizing Spooky games is for games with the Pinheck boards. It won’t work, TNA uses P-ROC. There is no need to ever customize the sound on TNA it is perfect as is.

#8019 2 years ago

PinMonk's Quiet-Fan mod: is it recommended for TNA?

I put one of these quiet fans in a Stern SPIKE II game and was glad I did.

Is the power supply on Spooky games similarly noisy and thus would benefit from this mod?

Thanks.

#8020 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The info you found on pinball browser for customizing Spooky games is for games with the Pinheck boards. It won’t work, TNA uses P-ROC. There is no need to ever customize the sound on TNA it is perfect as is.

Also very helpful. Thanks!

#8021 2 years ago

The speaker grills were an option that some installed at factory.
Mine did not have the speaker grills and lighting when i bought it, but i contacted Spooky and was able to order it and install myself.
Also before PinMonk made it easy, I swapped the power supply fan on mine and it mad a considerable difference.

#8022 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

The speaker grills were an option that some installed at factory.

Good to know. Thanks, Morinack.

Quoted from Morinack:

I swapped the power supply fan on mine

May I ask which fan you purchased? It may not be available any longer if it was a while ago. Do you recall its specs?

Thanks!

#8023 2 years ago

Is the power supply on Spooky games similarly noisy and thus would benefit from this mod?
Thanks.

I would say the sound of the fan on SPIKE II and Spooky games is similar. If you are happy with the mod on your SpikeII game you will be happy with the mod on a Spooky game

#8024 2 years ago

This is the fan I used https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000234W04/

I would wait until you get it, I'm assuming it's used so it may have already been swapped.

#8025 2 years ago

DIY quiet fans:

Searching this thread for "quiet fan" turns up a few DIY installations. One, from BorgDog, references a fan still available on Amazon. Did this fan work out well for you, BorgDog? Would you recommend I install one, too?

Thanks.

Screenshot (61) (resized).pngScreenshot (61) (resized).png
#8026 2 years ago

Anyone willing to part with their tna butter ?

#8027 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

This is the fan I used amazon.com link »
I would wait until you get it, I'm assuming it's used so it may have already been swapped.

Cool! Seller told me his game does *not* have the quiet fan as far as he is aware.
I'm down to try this Amazon fan, but the three-wire/two-wire gives me pause. Is using the three-wire harness as simple as cutting off the additional wire and then soldering the connector from the stock fan to the replacement fan's harness? I don't mind supporting PinMonk, but I also like saving money and would tackle this project if it's not too demanding. My soldering skills aren't bad.

#8028 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Anyone willing to part with their tna butter ?

I haven't one to part with, no, but I'm curious: why do you need the Butter cabinet? By stipulating Butter, you lower your odds of scoring a TNA considerably, no? Or am I mistaken and the majority of TNA's were ordered with the Butter cabinet?

#8029 2 years ago

Not a whole lot of butter cabinets out there. I would think you could request a butter cabinet if you buy a TNA when Spooky does the next run.

#8030 2 years ago

I had a butter one. I sold it now want one again. I have owned it and am ok waiting for the right one.

#8031 2 years ago

Thanks.

Before I installed their quiet fan my TNA sounded like a jet about to take off. Couldn't hear it once you were playing, but while it was booting it was quite loud. Now it's basically silent. Huge upgrade for me.

#8033 2 years ago

Lifetime plays count on P3-ROC games?

Please tell me if the lifetime plays count in the audits on TNA is reset when a code update is done or if - like Stern's SPIKE II - the tally is absolute and is *not* reset with an update.

Thanks!

#8034 2 years ago

Not a p3-roc thing, but counts do reset on TNA on code updates.

#8035 2 years ago

Based on post count, I thought that 2.0 code had dropped or something equally awesome.

#8036 2 years ago

Anyone have experience using a white power ball with this game? Wondering if it is going to mark the table up any differently than a steel ball?

#8037 2 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Anyone have experience using a white power ball with this game? Wondering if it is going to mark the table up any differently than a steel ball?

Luv my power ball!
The ball it self picks up crud but zero impact to PF.
It adds so much to the play of this game.
I have never gotten past reactor #3 and i like to blame it on the PB.

#8038 2 years ago

Please steer me to the post number in this thread that tackles making custom sound code for TNA.
(If this kind of customization is actually *not* something P-ROC games actually support, I would like to know that, too, obviously.)
I would like to know how involved this process is. I would like to know if it's similar to how I have used Pinball Browser to change sound/music on SAM and SPIKE II games from Stern.
** Update: **
Found this post on the Pinball Browser thread, so it looks like the process *is* similar to that used for Stern games. Sweet!
Thanks.[quoted image]

For the love of all that is holy and sacred, don’t mess with the sound. Just play it and enjoy it, its great. It doesn’t need any mods really. If you think you need to add something, do the quiet fan mod and stickers from FlashInstinct.

#8039 2 years ago

Lifetime plays count on P3-ROC games?
Please tell me if the lifetime plays count in the audits on TNA is reset when a code update is done or if - like Stern's SPIKE II - the tally is absolute and is *not* reset with an update.
Thanks!

The amount of plays is not the important metric. Condition is. Judge the value on condition.

#8040 2 years ago

Cool! Seller told me his game does *not* have the quiet fan as far as he is aware.
I'm down to try this Amazon fan, but the three-wire/two-wire gives me pause. Is using the three-wire harness as simple as cutting off the additional wire and then soldering the connector from the stock fan to the replacement fan's harness? I don't mind supporting PinMonk, but I also like saving money and would tackle this project if it's not too demanding. My soldering skills aren't bad.

I made my fan for tna because pin monk didn’t sell them at the time. I haven’t made one since because its not worth the time and extra couple bucks you save. Pinball Life sells the monk’s fans. You can support Scott and Vic at the same time by ordering one in your next parts order. Stuff is onsale for expo! Deals to be had!

#8041 2 years ago

Beacon bulb: what is it and can it be replaced?
I'm sure you're thinking at this point that I'm bent on customizing everything in this game, but that's not really my plan. I just put a lot of stock in the GI/insert lighting on games and strive to maximize it however I can - usually by upgrading to superior bulbs. Does the beacon use an "RGB assembly" just like the GI/inserts, or does it have a fairly standard white LED?
Thanks.

This is the beacon bulb I have. I believe Scott linked to it back in 2018. Its a tight fit, but very bright, lights up the whole room.Recommend.

iBrightstar Newest 9-30V Super Bright Low Power 1157 2357 2057 7528 BAY15D LED Bulbs with Projector Replacement for Stop Tail Brake Lights, Brilliant Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY4T4BU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VKC5TT9CET2V6E1RTM2S

#8042 2 years ago

the one mod I do really like, but not for the faint of heart, is the frosted lit drop targets. details in this thread somewhere.

PXL_20210827_232243011 (resized).jpgPXL_20210827_232243011 (resized).jpg
#8043 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

the one mod I do really like, but not for the faint of heart, is the frosted lit drop targets. details in this thread somewhere.
[quoted image]

Still want to do this. Its on the list.

#8044 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I had a butter one. I sold it now want one again. I have owned it and am ok waiting for the right one.

I've got one with a butter cab that I've been considering selling.

The cabinet is perfect, but the playfield does have some chipping.

#8045 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

This is the beacon bulb I have. I believe Scott linked to it back in 2018. Its a tight fit, but very bright, lights up the whole room.Recommend.
iBrightstar Newest 9-30V Super Bright Low Power 1157 2357 2057 7528 BAY15D LED Bulbs with Projector Replacement for Stop Tail Brake Lights, Brilliant Red amazon.com link »

Thanks, Eric! Super helpful!

#8046 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

[quoted image]

Ooh! That looks dope! Love it!

#8047 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

For the love of all that is holy and sacred, don’t mess with the sound. Just play it and enjoy it, its great. It doesn’t need any mods really. If you think you need to add something, do the quiet fan mod and stickers from FlashInstinct.

I seem to be drawing the ire of this group by daring to even propose a customization of the sound on this game. I do like it well enough. I just happen to really enjoy using Pinball Browser to customize my games if I can. It's fun.

#8048 2 years ago

I seem to be drawing the ire of this group by daring to even propose a customization of the sound on this game. I do like it well enough. I just happen to really enjoy using Pinball Browser to customize my games if I can. It's fun.

I hear ya, I do. To some degree many might feel like its painting overtop the mona lisa. Scott’s audio is a key piece of the game that makes tna a masterpiece. I’d encourage you to play it as is for at least a month before you go full ham. Perhaps consider focusing on destroying at least 5 reactors in a game instead of tinkering with it right away.

I’d hate to see you focus on mods, potentially create some issues, and then declare tna a lemon. You’d miss out on a great pinball experience.

#8049 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

[quoted image]

Please tell us how you lit these frosted/clear drop targets. I'm assuming you light them from below. Did you mount three sockets nearby on the underside of the PF or did you perhaps use on long 6V strip light? And how did you power these sockets/strip? Can you tie into the GI using Comet's Matrix system to power additional bulbs? Oh, and are TNA's drop targets the Williams type and what is a source for replacement target decals?

Thanks!

#8050 2 years ago

Please tell us how you lit these frosted/clear drop targets. I'm assuming you light them from below. Did you mount three sockets nearby on the underside of the PF or did you perhaps use on long 6V strip light? And how did you power these sockets/strip? Can you tie into the GI using Comet's Matrix system to power additional bulbs? Oh, and are TNA's drop targets the Williams type and what is a source for replacement target decals?
Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/136#post-5660175

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/136#post-5659852

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/01381-total-nuclear-annihilation-target-decals

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/161?hl=veemonroe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.