(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 239.
#7951 2 years ago

Unexpected addition, but happy to be in the club now. Gotta say, it's simple, but I can't stop playing it. Now to deal with my OCD of it being smaller than my other pins.

20211003_101938 (resized).jpg20211003_101938 (resized).jpg
#7952 2 years ago

I just did the Pinmonk quiet fan mod and it makes a bigger difference than I expexted.

#7953 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Hello. Are mirror blades still not available for this game? I tried contacting spooky and pinball life last year but they didn’t make them anymore. Am I out of luck for now?

When I ordered mirror blades for ACNC, Spooky’s laser machine had broken… I think they said cutting the mirror blades was was really tough on the machine and (at the time) said they didn’t think they’d offer mirror blades any more.

I think you’re out of luck

#7954 2 years ago

Hi all, my TNA has decided to not boot up today. This is after about 2 years of trouble free use. I'm hoping you guys can help me diagnose this?

Game turns on, all lights are white, screen comes on briefly and says "Attention no signal" and then shuts off. Backbox LEDs do not come on and the lighted rails now flash... which is something I have never seen it do before.

Where should I start? thank you

IMG_20211010_170205 (resized).jpgIMG_20211010_170205 (resized).jpgIMG_20211010_170223 (resized).jpgIMG_20211010_170223 (resized).jpgIMG_20211010_170331 (resized).jpgIMG_20211010_170331 (resized).jpg
#7955 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Hi all, my TNA has decided to not boot up today. This is after about 2 years of trouble free use. I'm hoping you guys can help me diagnose this?
Game turns on, all lights are white, screen comes on briefly and says "Attention no signal" and then shuts off. Backbox LEDs do not come on and the lighted rails now flash... which is something I have never seen it do before.
Where should I start? thank you[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Try and power cycle the small PC. There is a power button located next to the DC barrel plug on the right side of the PC. Obviously, do this with the machine turned on.

As for the side rails flickering, that is not something I have ever seen.

--Scott

#7956 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Try and power cycle the small PC. There is a power button located next to the DC barrel plug on the right side of the PC. Obviously, do this with the machine turned on.
--Scott

Thanks. The rails aren't flickering, they're steadily flashing about once a second

#7957 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Thanks. The rails aren't flickering, they're steadily flashing about once a second

That is very strange. I would contact Hooked Pinball to see if they can figure that out.

Did the PC power cycling work?
--Scott

#7958 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Now to deal with my OCD of it being smaller than my other pins.

You could put some taller Stern legs on it...

IMG_3383 (resized).jpgIMG_3383 (resized).jpg

#7959 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I believe you can set them to do that.
Try pushing the connected switch

Edit: Yeah i just checked mine. There are 3 different settings for speed of blinking and one steady state.
There should be a small push button micro switch that allows you to adjust this. Look for the controller box located in the cabinet and then look for a long wire with a button on the end. I have my button extended all the way to the coin box.

#7960 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Unexpected addition, but happy to be in the club now. Gotta say, it's simple, but I can't stop playing it. Now to deal with my OCD of it being smaller than my other pins.
[quoted image]

You need more classic early SS games in your life.

#7961 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Took me a while but I’m finally in the club. Love everything about this game.
[quoted image]

Congrats! There's something going on with your right speaker light. It should be the same color as your left one.

#7962 2 years ago

Limited space is my downfall...

Quoted from FatPanda:

You need more classic early SS games in your life.

#7963 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Where should I start? thank you[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did the cable on your LCD panel come loose by chance?

#7964 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Congrats! There's something going on with your right speaker light. It should be the same color as your left one.

I would expect the right side isn't getting a connection on it's rgB blue signal from the colors showing on both sides.

#7965 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Hmmm seems you’re right, thanks.

#7966 2 years ago

I know this topic comes up now and then, but is there any consensus as to when Spooky is likely to do another run of TNA? If they wait until they are entirely done with Halloween (Late 2022), will there still be enough interest in TNA to justify another run? Is there a "window of opportunity" that they would do well to pay attention to? I can remember when HUO TNA's could be had for $5500. Now they seem to command mid-sevens and up. I'm interested in the game and would like to find one, but they are harder to find than even the average Stern LE - and no less expensive in some cases! Oof!

#7967 2 years ago

I'm in the club as of about an hour ago... Super bloody excited... but sadly it won't start a game... the pin boots fine but pressing Start does nothing. I trailered it maybe 5 minutes from the previous owner. I did have it up on its tail, so possibly something has moved/fallen off inside, but it was all relatively smooth. Any ideas? I'm yet to open her up as I'm juggling a couple of kids at the moment, I'm sure it'll be something simple.

IMG_8152 (resized).jpgIMG_8152 (resized).jpg
#7968 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:I'm in the club as of about an hour ago... Super bloody excited... but sadly it won't start a game... the pin boots fine but pressing Start does nothing. I trailered it maybe 5 minutes from the previous owner. I did have it up on its tail, so possibly something has moved/fallen off inside, but it was all relatively smooth. Any ideas? I'm yet to open her up as I'm juggling a couple of kids at the moment, I'm sure it'll be something simple.
[quoted image]

--Scott

Check ALL connections and if nothing loose, try resetting it like Scott pointed out in previous posts.

#7969 2 years ago

Do the flipper buttons do anything in Attract Mode? Like do they trigger sounds? Mine seemed to be doing nothing.

EDIT: found it. Connector came loose in backbox. She works!!!

#7970 2 years ago

So TNA flippers… are they clunky from factory? I have a Rick & Morty and they definitely feel different to them. TNA feels more like my old Quicksilver, a very mechanical thud.

#7971 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

So TNA flippers… are they clunky from factory? I have a Rick & Morty and they definitely feel different to them. TNA feels more like my old Quicksilver, a very mechanical thud.

TNA flips different than R&M and for sure different than Sterns. Sterns feel different to Williams... I think it's right that way, it's a TNA and should flip like TNA. It's cool to learn how to play every pin. Unique Pin and unique feel

#7972 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

If I were you I would do a factory reset. Who knows what the last owner adjusted.
The flipper power is adjustable.
I would also install the newest code

#7973 2 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

If I were you I would do a factory reset. Who knows what the last owner adjusted.
The flipper power is adjustable.
I would also install the newest code

Code is up to date, I did a factory reset also.

I don't mind how it flips, just noticeably different to R&M which surprised me.

Played a good couple of hours on it last night with my son, he's absolutely hooked. We watched plenty of streams prior to picking it up and he didn't seem interested, but playing it is a completely different experience.

#7974 2 years ago

TNA is one of those games that really needs to be experienced in person to fully appreciate. The light show, the music, the action--for me it's a game that consistently gets the adrenaline pumping. Congrats on the pickup, it's the last game I need to "complete" my collection...

#7975 2 years ago

I am waiting anxiously for the next run if TNA as well. Nothing else like it out there and I expect they could sell a bunch.

#7976 2 years ago

I would buy one too.

#7977 2 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

I am waiting anxiously for the next run if TNA as well. Nothing else like it out there and I expect they could sell a bunch.

Contact Spooky, I think they have a list of those who would buy a new one, and put your name on it. But right now they have to fulfill the Halloween/Ultraman orders. Sorry mine is not for sale.

#7978 2 years ago

Will someone check the pop and see if the white cap is flush…? This TNA sticks up just a touch, like to know if that is normal.

No. There should not be a second run.

350C1BE2-F27B-4F26-AFD3-31E3B2743CEA (resized).jpeg350C1BE2-F27B-4F26-AFD3-31E3B2743CEA (resized).jpeg8AA021FE-4412-4BBC-B5AF-9DEF67BA4EA7 (resized).jpeg8AA021FE-4412-4BBC-B5AF-9DEF67BA4EA7 (resized).jpeg

#7979 2 years ago

Hard to tell from the picture, but I think mine is the same as yours.

Quoted from c818919taylor:

Will someone check the pop and see if the white cap is flush…? This TNA sticks up just a touch, like to know if that is normal.
[quoted image][quoted image]

1634554857467606125808899020386 (resized).jpg1634554857467606125808899020386 (resized).jpg
#7980 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Hard to tell from the picture, but I think mine is the same as yours.
[quoted image]

That's the switch activator for the pop bumper.
It should not be flush with the playfield.

#7981 2 years ago

Why?

#7982 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Scott said already confirmed a second run will be coming and new code will be backwards compatible to the old version.

Lots of people are excited to get one. Especially with new, not flaky connections the old one was plagued with.

There is a TNA on a great location by me and game is kept in superb condition but out of all the machines they have this one is by far the one that is out of service the most. Won't boot. I am sure it's the connectors that is causing it.

#7983 2 years ago

Duplicate post.

#7984 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Scott said already confirmed a second run will be coming and new code will be backwards compatible to the old version.
Lots of people are excited to get one. Especially with new, not flaky connections the old one was plagued with.
There is a TNA on a great location by me and game is kept in superb condition but out of all the machines they have this one is by far the one that is out of service the most. Won't boot. I am sure it's the connectors that is causing it.

Might not be... mine had a "won't boot" issue and it ended up being the cpu board. Aside from that, my game has been rock solid.

#7985 2 years ago

Was that a bad CPU board or just that it needed you to push the power button? The power button seems to be the more common issue. It sometimes gets out of sequence and doesn't toggle on properly.

#7986 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Was that a bad CPU board or just that it needed you to push the power button? The power button seems to be the more common issue. It sometimes gets out of sequence and doesn't toggle on properly.

That didn't work. The board was bad. Spooky split the cost with me, new one hasn't skipped a beat!

#7987 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Might not be... mine had a "won't boot" issue and it ended up being the cpu board. Aside from that, my game has been rock solid.

It has been down multiple times. I turned it on for shits and giggle and only this that came on was the GI lighting. Cosmetically and game play on this machine is the best TNA I have played in the wild. I have played TNA at 2 other locations but were a little beat. This one plays perfect when it works.

#7988 2 years ago

Companies that revisit the past do so only to gain intrinsic value. Revisit only when there is not something to move forward with…

Living in the past does not prepare for a future.

48 CFR § 15.403-4

#7989 2 years ago

I know it may sound like a revisit from the past just because, but this game has gotten a bunch more visibility since it was first run, and some people did not get the chance to pick one up originally. I will be adding to the software for the 2.0 release and it will be backward compatible to all the original games, so I don't think the original run owners will feel left out. Honestly, it is pretty damn humbling that there was enough of a demand for this title to even justify running another batch. <3
--Scott

#7990 2 years ago

I was hoping (as I’m sure many were) that Spooky was going to squeeze in 2.0 when R&M was finished. Once Halloween was announced I decided that the next one I saw for sale within a 5 or 6 hr drive was going to be mine. That itch that’s been in the middle of my back since I missed the original run has finally been scratched and man is it satisfying. This game rips!

#7991 2 years ago

I know it may sound like a revisit from the past just because, but this game has gotten a bunch more visibility since it was first run, and some people did not get the chance to pick one up originally. I will be adding to the software for the 2.0 release and it will be backward compatible to all the original games, so I don't think the original run owners will feel left out. Honestly, it is pretty damn humbling that there was enough of a demand for this title to even justify running another batch. <3
--Scott

Don’t worry Scott, I’m pretty sure c818919taylor is in the minority here

#7992 2 years ago

Has anyone installed any mylar in front of the scoop for protection. Is it needed for home environment?

And I encourage anyone who hasn't dialed in the spinner to do so. I went from 5-6 spins per rip, to around 20. Well worth spending some time on. So satisfying.

#7993 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Has anyone installed any mylar in front of the scoop for protection. Is it needed for home environment?
And I encourage anyone who hasn't dialed in the spinner to do so. I went from 5-6 spins per rip, to around 20. Well worth spending some time on. So satisfying.

Considering the post on the right of the scoop seems to be worse than scoop wear...picking up a new playfield seemed/s the obvious choice. Take it from Spooky (Mr. Danesi Post #7989) the machine is worth rebuilding.

#7994 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Don’t worry Scott, I’m pretty sure c818919taylor is in the minority here

--Scott

A “Mermaid” edition sounds spectacular, yet the advice was toward industries as a study.

Mr. Danesi Total Nuclear Annihilation is a grand feather. Keep seeking inspiration from where it’s currently found.

As always, watch the FAR Part 3 and keep up the FAR Part 46.

#7995 2 years ago

What's the issue with the post?

Considering the post on the right of the scoop seems to be worse than scoop wear...picking up a new playfield seemed/s the obvious choice. Take it from Spooky (Mr. Danesi Post #7989) the machine is worth rebuilding.

#7996 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

What's the issue with the post?

It gets beat on!!! A lot. Eventually, the playfield will give way under it. The Art of Pinball.

#7997 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Contact Spooky, I think they have a list of those who would buy a new one, and put your name on it. But right now they have to fulfill the Halloween/Ultraman orders. Sorry mine is not for sale.

This is good to know! Thank You! I would buy NIB with no changes to the current machine. I’m not interested in paying the prices on the secondary market right now, and I’d rather see a new sale go to Spooky and Mr. Danesi. If it’s 1.0 or 2.0 for the next run, makes no difference to me. I’m just ready for my very own TNA (so to speak).

#7998 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I was hoping (as I’m sure many were) that Spooky was going to squeeze in 2.0 when R&M was finished. Once Halloween was announced I decided that the next one I saw for sale within a 5 or 6 hr drive was going to be mine. That itch that’s been in the middle of my back since I missed the original run has finally been scratched and man is it satisfying. This game rips!

Perhaps not by the numbers (yet), but I feel confident saying that TNA is the most successful original-themed pinball machine in the ‘modern era’. It is a perfect blend of futuristic nostalgia.

#7999 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Perhaps not by the numbers (yet), but I feel confident saying that TNA is the most successful original-themed pinball machine in the ‘modern era’. It is a perfect blend of futuristic nostalgia.

No arguments here. Futuristic nostalgia is also a very apt description too, well done.

#8000 2 years ago

Is there any info out there regarding 2.0 software?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 210.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/160?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.