(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 239.
#7851 2 years ago

I'm having a reset issue recently. Last weekend while playing, the game just randomly reset mid-game. I didn't think anything of it since it rebooted itself and played fine for the rest of the night. Now today while just sitting in attract mode, the game has reset itself twice within a half hour. I've wiggled/reseated all connections in the backbox but that didn't help. Does anyone know what might be causing resets while just sitting in attract mode?

#7852 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this pinball machine. Owning a Total Nuclear Annihilation is now one of my life goals. When I accomplish a personal achievement that I have set for myself, I plan to celebrate by purchasing a TNA machine. Hopefully, my achievement will align with Spooky doing another production run.

Quoted from stefallica:

Hi guys,
What mod could I get for TNA?
I have the pop bumper mod
Yellow plastics
Anything else?
Any links?
Thx
Stef

I was really on the fence about the shaker motor. I got one and I don’t regret it. I like the lit speaker grills, lit buttons, lit drop targets, new ball save display, lit ghost and tna laser cut area. I think the physical knocker is probably the one I was the happiest with. I guess all the mods “necessary.”

#7853 2 years ago
Quoted from stefallica:

Hi guys,
What mod could I get for TNA?
I have the pop bumper mod
Yellow plastics
Anything else?
Any links?
Thx
Stef

Target decals from Flashinstinct are pretty cool.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/01381-total-nuclear-annihilation-target-decals

#7854 2 years ago

Anything with extra lights is awesome on this game. I really dig the lighted scoop after doing the drop target mod.

1 week later
#7855 2 years ago

I want to give a shoutout to razorsedge for his post here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/136#post-5659852 on installing the clear drop targets. It was a huge help, and having completed my install, I wanted to share some additional pictures in hopes that it helps the next person doing this wonderful mod. More pictures are better (I hope)!!

First up, here's a few additional pictures of where the LED harness mounts to the PD-LED PCB and you can see the harness orientation for Pin 1.

20210705_222252346_iOS_LI (resized).jpg20210705_222252346_iOS_LI (resized).jpg

20210705_222301111_iOS_LI (resized).jpg20210705_222301111_iOS_LI (resized).jpg

Second, I followed Scott's directions in this post - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/136#post-5660175 and used the single LED test in the latest code to make sure I had the LED for each drop properly identified before the install. I used a paint pen to mark the harness and this made keeping track of the LED's on the harness much easier as I didn't have to guess which was which when doing the actual install.

20210705_212145505_iOS (resized).jpg20210705_212145505_iOS (resized).jpg

If you have access to a 3D printer, you are going to want to print a set of these (thank you @herg!!) - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4461423

And here's how I mounted mine... just as @razorsedge's install, the LED's for drops #1 and #2 installed with the screw to the left of the hole in the playfield and drop number 3 had to be mounted from the opposite side to have room to clear everything around that drop target. All up, everything was nice and snug, and there was enough harness there as long as you ran it as close to the actual playfield as possible and routed under the existing wiring harness(s) instead of over top.

Drop #3 (RELEASE/nearest flippers)Drop #3 (RELEASE/nearest flippers)

Drop #2Drop #2

Drop #1 (furthest back)Drop #1 (furthest back)

The end result is absolutely worth the effort. Thank you TheNoTrashCougar for pulling the parts list together for us and making the ordering from PBL easy!

I ordered a second set of decals from flashinstinct and cut the drop decals down to size to keep the same look as the other art on the playfield and the end result is amazing!
20210705_222715822_iOS (resized).jpg20210705_222715822_iOS (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

Quick correction (since I can no longer edit the original post)....

And here's how I mounted mine... just as @razorsedge's install, the LED's for drops #3 (RELEASE/nearest flippers) and #2 installed with the screw to the left of the hole in the playfield and drop #1 (furthest back) had to be mounted from the opposite side to have room to clear everything around that drop target.

#7856 2 years ago

Is there still any buzz about another run happening? I know Scott said IF a second run happens that the head would be different (R&M style)

#7857 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Is there still any buzz about another run happening? I know Scott said IF a second run happens that the head would be different (R&M style)

There was no "IF" as far as I'm aware. Just 'when'. Charlie also made it clear (on podcast) that there Would be another run of TNA, but not after RaM.

#7858 2 years ago

Yep, for TNA 2.0, the plan is to definitely do it, but the timeline is still undetermined.
--Scott

#7859 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yep, for TNA 2.0, the plan is to definitely do it, but the timeline is still undetermined.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"db8e7fc3c829c584078506f8d3c5736eec48364a-1625948427-1800"};
//]]>

--Scott

Awesome. Thanks. Ultraman will be my first Spooky game but TNA was first to catch my interest as I love 80 SS titles.

#7860 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Awesome. Thanks. Ultraman will be my first Spooky game but TNA was first to catch my interest as I love 80 SS titles.

Very cool! I also really love the 80's stuff.

#7861 2 years ago

Wait, shouldn’t the lock sticker be on the drop target by the scoop followed by #1 and then #2 up front?

#7862 2 years ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

Wait, shouldn’t the lock sticker be on the drop target by the scoop followed by #1 and then #2 up front?

Yep I thought it made sense for lock to be the one back by the scoop. Then you see "1" for one ball locked, then "2" for 2 balls locked.

With no balls locked then it indicates as to the purpose of the lane. Since the numbers aren't visible.

#7863 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yep I thought it made sense for lock to be the one back by the scoop. Then you see "1" for one ball locked, then "2" for 2 balls locked.
With no balls locked then it indicates as to the purpose of the lane. Since the numbers aren't visible.

Thank you for the logic validation!

#7864 2 years ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

Thank you for the logic validation!

Yeah well I've seen pics of them stuck on various ways too, had to think about it. Lol

Can kinda work with 1 at the top, but have to assume to know that it means one will lock. But then one ball is locked with a 2 showing, so would have to assume might mean "now lock 2 waiting". If the other sticker read Multiball (MB) then it could tie in perhaps.

Better having "Lock" at the top for the scoop target I rekon.

#7865 2 years ago

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3ca710210a4d9bf3bb7d79c0b8961c2b4ab34ac8-1625981696-1800"};
//]]>

--Scott

I am 100% in for a TNA 2.0. Absolutely love the pin and been kicking myself for never pulling the trigger before.

#7866 2 years ago

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"fcbfa6f9358da052892b804c4698bbf24894b109-1626240793-1800"};
//]]>

--Scott

Are you taking suggestions for mystery awards in 2.0? Like "42 extra balls, save the princess"
If so "no lights play (one light only)" "only fart sounds" and "instant game over" come to mind.

#7867 2 years ago

It WOULD be cool if some tracks from Scott's new album were integrated into the code.

#7868 2 years ago

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"bde6e2d02f38c0adc876a7f36250679d96ab741f-1626280180-1800"};
//]]>

--Scott

Definitely buying TNA 2.0. Was hoping it would be built alongside Halloween. But not to be.

#7869 2 years ago

If and when a 2.0 is made, do you think there will be a software update for the original. I own one and I doubt I will ever sell it, but I really don’t want to buy the 2.0 if I don’t have to unless there is some kind of substantial upgrade.

#7870 2 years ago

Why try to fix perfection?

#7871 2 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

If and when a 2.0 is made, do you think there will be a software update for the original. I own one and I doubt I will ever sell it, but I really don’t want to buy the 2.0 if I don’t have to unless there is some kind of substantial upgrade.

Danesi said in some interview somewhere that they would both use the same code.

#7872 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbutterball:

Are you taking suggestions for mystery awards in 2.0? Like "42 extra balls, save the princess"
If so "no lights play (one light only)" "only fart sounds" and "instant game over" come to mind.

It would be fun if you could turn on cheat mode so all those goofy mystery awards actually worked. It would be hilarious to tilt the next player before they even play. lol

#7873 2 years ago

I don't have a 3D Printer but was hoping to install the updated ball save display sans drilling new holes on the underside of the playfield. Would anyone who has created the adapter removing that need be willing to print/sell me one? If so, please send me a PM. Thanks!

#7874 2 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

It would be fun if you could turn on cheat mode so all those goofy mystery awards actually worked. It would be hilarious to tilt the next player before they even play. lol

It would be funny. I love it when jokes come to fruition.

#7875 2 years ago

Hi folks, what do you think of my custom metallic instruction cards?

20210713_191551 (resized).jpg20210713_191551 (resized).jpg20210713_191558 (resized).jpg20210713_191558 (resized).jpg
#7876 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulProteus:

I don't have a 3D Printer but was hoping to install the updated ball save display sans drilling new holes on the underside of the playfield. Would anyone who has created the adapter removing that need be willing to print/sell me one? If so, please send me a PM. Thanks!

If anyone wants my 3D printed bracket version for the ball save timer mod mounting that has worked great for me and didn't require any new hardware, I can probably print a few for $20 shipped using USPS First Class (no tracking no insurance no international).

#7877 2 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

If anyone wants my 3D printed bracket version for the ball save timer mod mounting that has worked great for me and didn't require any new hardware, I can probably print a few for $20 shipped using USPS First Class (no tracking no insurance no international).

Can you share your print settings? My buddy is trying to make a few for me using a Prusa Mini

#7878 2 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Can you share your print settings? My buddy is trying to make a few for me using a Prusa Mini

Just print it how ever you want to set the machine up with whatever hard material. If time isn't an issue then use smaller layers and higher infill %.

#7879 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeZooNours:

Hi folks, what do you think of my custom metallic instruction cards?[quoted image][quoted image]

I think they look pretty rad!

#7880 2 years ago

New TNA owner here, silly question - where can I buy a new spring for a flipper button? Are there standard sizes/gauges?

#7881 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

New TNA owner here, silly question - where can I buy a new spring for a flipper button? Are there standard sizes/gauges?

New button you mean hey?. !?

I didn't know springs in flipper buttons were actually a replacable part?. They've never been the same any time after I tried to pull one apart, or worn out/broken. Just order a new one with or without spring. To suit application, as required.

#7882 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

New button you mean hey?. !?
I didn't know springs in flipper buttons were actually a replacable part?. They've never been the same any time after I tried to pull one apart, or worn out/broken. Just order a new one with or without spring. To suit application, as required.

interesting - and a follow up question. How does one change the buttons out on a TNA?

#7883 2 years ago

Same as most other pins afaik.

Unscrew the PAL nut inside. It falls out.

#7884 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Same as most other pins afaik.
Unscrew the PAL nut inside. It falls out.

There was one more step on my TNA for replacing the flipper buttons: Cut out copious amounts of hot glue between the cabinet and the PAL nut. I don't know what spooky was thinking on the assembly line that day, but there was probably a good half stick from a glue gun on each flipper button. Sheesh.

#7885 2 years ago

TNA Is down. Hoping for some help. Playfield is lit, but the entire backbox is off and no game start, etc. When I turn it on the lcd screen shows hdmi so it's working, just no input. Where do I start when it's just dead?

20210718_235621 (resized).jpg20210718_235621 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1626667959182 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1626667959182 (resized).jpg
#7886 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

There was one more step on my TNA for replacing the flipper buttons: Cut out copious amounts of hot glue between the cabinet and the PAL nut. I don't know what spooky was thinking on the assembly line that day, but there was probably a good half stick from a glue gun on each flipper button. Sheesh.

Pretty much the same here.

What made me chuckle though it that it still came loose! Pmsl

Nut was never going to turn in the cabinet, but the jag/key of the housing not located tight enough and it eventually rotated itself out regardless lol

I just cleared away the glue and tightened back in there to a good tension.

#7887 2 years ago
Quoted from klyguy533:

TNA Is down. Hoping for some help. Playfield is lit, but the entire backbox is off and no game start, etc. When I turn it on the lcd screen shows hdmi so it's working, just no input. Where do I start when it's just dead?
[quoted image][quoted image]

What did you do prior to this happening? Was it moved? Code updated? Did you play it?

To me, it sounds like the code isn't loading up properly, or there is a connector issue, but knowing some other information would help.

#7888 2 years ago
Quoted from klyguy533:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I haven’t had this happen personally, but I do remember reading in this thread somewhere that when this happens you need to reset the CPU. There’s a little button to press on the right side of the CPU for a reset.

68ACBC0D-7AB7-4181-9638-2704C3F57E02 (resized).jpeg68ACBC0D-7AB7-4181-9638-2704C3F57E02 (resized).jpeg
#7889 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What did you do prior to this happening? Was it moved? Code updated? Did you play it?
To me, it sounds like the code isn't loading up properly, or there is a connector issue, but knowing some other information would help.

No changes. Never updated code. It was sitting in attract mode when this happened.

#7890 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I haven’t had this happen personally, but I do remember reading in this thread somewhere that when this happens you need to reset the CPU. There’s a little button to press on the right side of the CPU for a reset.
[quoted image]

Thanks for this tip.. I ran home here at lunch and hit this reset. TNA came back to life. I played a game and toward the end it reset itself again, rebooted and was ready to play. Ill have to spend more time playing this evening and see if it resets itself again.

#7891 2 years ago
Quoted from klyguy533:

No changes. Never updated code. It was sitting in attract mode when this happened.

If you haven't tried the reset button posted about, try that first. Are you running the most recent code? You can check Scott's page to download it.

https://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783

EDIT: looks like you got it going. Check the code if it's not the most recent

#7892 2 years ago
Quoted from klyguy533:

Thanks for this tip.. I ran home here at lunch and hit this reset. TNA came back to life. I played a game and toward the end it reset itself again, rebooted and was ready to play. Ill have to spend more time playing this evening and see if it resets itself again.

I was having reset issues a few weeks ago. Customer service at Spooky recommended I turn up the 5v output a bit. Since turning it up to 5.10v I haven't had any reset issues.

#7893 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If you haven't tried the reset button posted about, try that first. Are you running the most recent code? You can check Scott's page to download it.
https://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783
EDIT: looks like you got it going. Check the code if it's not the most recent

I still have 1.3.0. I guess I better look into doing the update.

#7894 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Alright, I think the hot glue was throwing me for a loop as it looks way more difficult to change than if it didn't have 1lb of hot glue in it.

thanks for all of your help.

#7895 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I was having reset issues a few weeks ago. Customer service at Spooky recommended I turn up the 5v output a bit. Since turning it up to 5.10v I haven't had any reset issues.

I haven't had another reset yet but think it's coming at some point. Can you share the procedure for adjusting the 5v power supply?

#7896 2 years ago

Just recently got my TNA and I notice this target is cracked at the bottom. Anyone know where I can get a replacement?

2E608ACA-70AF-4278-899F-1648046E7481 (resized).jpeg2E608ACA-70AF-4278-899F-1648046E7481 (resized).jpeg
#7897 2 years ago
Quoted from klyguy533:

I haven't had another reset yet but think it's coming at some point. Can you share the procedure for adjusting the 5v power supply?

Check your voltage coming out of your power distribution board. Mine was at 5v which is apparently right at the limit of resets. There's a knob on the smaller power supply. Turn it up (slowly) until your power distribution is outputting 5.10v.

I still haven't had another reset since doing this almost a month ago.

#7898 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Just recently got my TNA and I notice this target is cracked at the bottom. Anyone know where I can get a replacement?
[quoted image]

You can probably just put a decal over it, but Pinball Life should have the right bits.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stand-up-targets-stand-up-target-parts.html

#7899 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

[quoted image]

Are you certain it’s cracked? It just looks like wax collected at the bottom and around the posts. That’s pretty common. Use a soft cloth or microfiber towel to wipe it off. It may be fine. These stand ups are pretty durable.

#7900 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Are you certain it’s cracked? It just looks like wax collected at the bottom and around the posts. That’s pretty common. Use a soft cloth or microfiber towel to wipe it off. It may be fine. These stand ups are pretty durable.

I am so glad to be wrong! Ha I saw your message and pulled off the glass, that’s exactly what it was. New pinball owner here so I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for your help!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/158?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.