(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 239.
#7751 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Did you need the wire ladder? Was it there before?

Yes, it was already there. Came with the game, I am the original owner.

#7752 3 years ago

You'll want to keep the wire ladder. I had to move mine when I installed my new numeric display as well. Still day dreaming about a similar numeric display in the upper play field. MORE LIGHT SHOW!!!!

#7753 3 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

You'll want to keep the wire ladder. I had to move mine when I installed my new numeric display as well. Still day dreaming about a similar numeric display in the upper play field. MORE LIGHT SHOW!!!!

Ahhhh, so the new display with the 3D printed mount, will require that the wire ladder be moved?

Thanks again

#7754 3 years ago

Yes you'll probably have to move your wire ladder no matter what version of the display mount you use.

#7755 3 years ago

Ahhhh, so the new display with the 3D printed mount, will require that the wire ladder be moved?
Thanks again

WizardsCastle - yes - if you use my improved 3D printed mount, then you do have to move the wire ladder down. You'd also have to move the wire ladder down if you use the provided Perspex mount as well. Either way, you're moving the tree down to accommodate the new display.

That question as well as the mounting holes is also answered here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/153#post-6099433

#7756 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

OMG Thank you!!!! I found this post a few mins after posting in the thread about the same
concerns, just fired up the Ender 3 to make one of these now. Thank you so much for making and sharing this!

riggy469 - You are most welcome; happy to see that it helped you out!

#7757 3 years ago

Just noticed that my shooter rod is misaligned. It’s hitting up and to the left. How do I adjust this to hit center. Thanks

#7758 3 years ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Just noticed that my shooter rod is misaligned. It’s hitting up and to the left. How do I adjust this to hit center. Thanks

There are 3 screws on the back side of the shooter housing that will allow you to adjust the position.
--Scott

#7759 3 years ago

On the TNA of a friend of mine the switch report is shown on the LCD during gameplay. I looked at it and noticed debug mode was on. Turning that off didn't remove the switch report during gameplay. Is there another setting for this that I missed?

#7760 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

On the TNA of a friend of mine the switch report is shown on the LCD during gameplay. I looked at it and noticed debug mode was on. Turning that off didn't remove the switch report during gameplay. Is there another setting for this that I missed?

Restart the game.

#7761 3 years ago

Hi Everyone! Tomorrow night at 8PM EST I (TheCephaloPod) will be hosting a TNA challenge night along side WildDogArcade, Fliptronic, CosmicCottageArcade, and special guest TheNoTrashCougar . We will be streaming on all 4 channels so feel free to drop in and check it out!
You can watch any of the streams at these links:

https://www.twitch.tv/fliptronic
https://www.twitch.tv/cosmiccottagearcade
https://www.twitch.tv/wilddogarcade
https://www.twitch.tv/thecephalopod

Or watch all 4 at this link (and choose audio from any one):
https://multistre.am/.../cosmiccottagearcade/layout12/

We hope to see you there!

#7762 3 years ago

I repaired and strengthened the backbox, for some reason the right side was falling apart. So I glued it and installed larger corner brackets and added williams hinge plates which I had to shorten on one side, and used longer bolts. Should be alot stronger and not fall apart anymore.

20210320_192606 (resized).jpg20210320_192606 (resized).jpg20210320_192615 (resized).jpg20210320_192615 (resized).jpg
#7763 3 years ago

Hi guys. I’ve owned my Tna for a while now and maybe I’m just hearing things, but I have a question. When your machine is in attract mode, do the speakers have a slight static noise to them? It’s both speakers and it’s constant. I haven’t moved the machine and I haven’t checked anything, so just checking to see if this is normal or not. I do have my amp turned up pretty loud, but like I said, I have never noticed this before. Thanks for any help.

#7764 3 years ago

Had my best game tonight, almost finished Reactor 7!

Scott, the track for R7 is wicked!!!

This game was intended to just stick around for a couple of months, and then trade it for something else, but I think this one might be getting bolted to the floor for a while!!!

#7765 3 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Hi guys. I’ve owned my Tna for a while now and maybe I’m just hearing things, but I have a question. When your machine is in attract mode, do the speakers have a slight static noise to them? It’s both speakers and it’s constant. I haven’t moved the machine and I haven’t checked anything, so just checking to see if this is normal or not. I do have my amp turned up pretty loud, but like I said, I have never noticed this before. Thanks for any help.

I had a lot of audio artifacts until I switched to the RCA style connection on the amp. I don’t think that mini jack handles the vibration very well.

#7766 3 years ago

Aniraf is right. Try swapping from the 3.5mm input to the RCA input on the back of the amp. Sounds like what I went through for the longest time. I ignored it until it got really bad and I had to re solder a few joints on my amp.

#7767 3 years ago

Definitely swap to a 3.5mm to RCA cable. This will make a more solid connection on the amp side. This is what we ended up going with on R&M.
--Scott

#7768 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I’ll try it tonight.

#7769 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Definitely swap to a 3.5mm to RCA cable. This will make a more solid connection on the amp side. This is what we ended up going with on R&M.
--Scott

Upgrade then for TNA 2.0?

(Asking for a friend)

#7770 3 years ago

Have an odd rumbling noise coming from the subwoofer. Even when all dials on the amp are turned down the rumbling is still present. If I turn the amp off it goes away (along with all game audio). Video of this

Any ideas what it might be? Is the amp shot? This game has an external sub from previous owner but tried to turn that off to rule it out, sound is definitely coming from the internal one but I mention it in case something about how the external is wired in could have any effect or not.

#7771 3 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Any ideas what it might be?

Try swapping from the 3.5mm input to the RCA input on the back of the amp for a start. I'd keep the external disconnected until you can isolate the issue. If you still have the low rumble after switching to the RCA inputs disconnect just the internal sub to see if you can also hear the rumble from the other speakers or if it's only in the sub. Could help you track down the problem.

Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Is the amp shot?

Probably not since you are still getting audio but it might have a cold solder joint somewhere. Try the above first and try to isolate the issue first.

#7772 3 years ago

Sounds like it's rumbling around 10Hz. Odd.

#7773 3 years ago

So my inner art blades have some damage to them. I have replacement decals that came with the machine. How difficult it is to replace them with new decals? Use a heat gun to remove old decal? I really just wanted to put mirror blades over them but I guess it's impossible to find them now

#7774 3 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

If you still have the low rumble after switching to the RCA inputs disconnect just the internal sub to see if you can also hear the rumble from the other speakers or if it's only in the sub.

I didn't have a long RCA cable and converter for it but I did unhook the internal sub and the rumble is gone. With a powered external sub I don't necessarily need it right now but will get a cable and do some more testing. My best guess is that the internal sub has gone bad or something.

#7775 3 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

I didn't have a long RCA cable and converter for it but I did unhook the internal sub and the rumble is gone. With a powered external sub I don't necessarily need it right now but will get a cable and do some more testing. My best guess is that the internal sub has gone bad or something.

My Peavey subs do this in atract mode. I have a 3.5mm splitter at the PC audio out. I don't believe it is caused by the Peavey amp. The amp just seems to be picking it up and amplifying it.

Don't notice any ill effects when playing.

#7776 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So my inner art blades have some damage to them. I have replacement decals that came with the machine. How difficult it is to replace them with new decals? Use a heat gun to remove old decal? I really just wanted to put mirror blades over them but I guess it's impossible to find them now

I have the same problem. Frankly I would take more of the original art blades if I knew how to get them. My game came out of the box with a spot on the right blade that really bugs me.

#7777 3 years ago

What do the stock side blades look like. Anyone have a pic or a link?

#7778 3 years ago

What do the stock side blades look like. Anyone have a pic or a link?

2021-04-02 09.25.07.png2021-04-02 09.25.07.png

#7779 3 years ago

A vote for TNA!!! Out of all the games, this is the go-to for my kids every time. It's like rest don't exist. They bounce between this and Ping Pong.

20210402_132835 (resized).jpg20210402_132835 (resized).jpg
#7780 3 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

A vote for TNA!!! Out of all the games, this is the go-to for my kids every time. It's like rest don't exist. They bounce between this and Ping Pong.
[quoted image]

This makes an awesome topper for the one Star Trek not having a topper..

https://www.amazon.com/Hallmark-Keepsake-Enterprise-Storytellers-Christmas/dp/B084ZRLM3R/ref=asc_df_B084ZRLM3R/

#7781 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

This makes an awesome topper for the one Star Trek not having a topper..
amazon.com link »

Hmm, I have that too. Wife got it for me for Christmas.

#7782 3 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

[quoted image]

or they really just don’t like Star Trek LOL. JK, TNA remains a hit in our home too.

#7783 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

or they really just don’t like Star Trek LOL. JK, ...

How could you speak such blasphemy!?

#7784 3 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

that was just my way of saying nice Star Trek collection

#7785 3 years ago

Anyone have them in stock?

#7787 3 years ago

Anyone have them in stock?

Spooky?

#7788 3 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

I traded my Star Trek for TNA and do not regret it for one second. Had people over for the first time in almost a year last night. TNA dominated the play.

#7789 3 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

I traded my Star Trek for TNA and do not regret it for one second. Had people over for the first time in almost a year last night. TNA dominated the play.

I purposely dont turn it on when I have friends over so the other games get some love. But soon as it gets turned on, its TNA all night.

#7790 3 years ago

Made a pit stop during my trip to Chicago and played some TNA and R & M with the awesome Scott Danesi. He walked me through both games and couldn’t have been nicer. He even let me win a game of TNA! I’m not in the club yet, but TNA has zoomed to the top of my wishlist. If anyone hears of one available, lemme know! Thanks, Scott!

93578905-A6FF-46DB-BDCA-FECED8A6AAB8 (resized).jpeg93578905-A6FF-46DB-BDCA-FECED8A6AAB8 (resized).jpeg
#7791 3 years ago

It was fun meeting you in person! For reference, we removed our masks for a few seconds to take the pic. Also for reference, I was playing as hard as I could, I lost fair and square.
--Scott

#7792 3 years ago

Is that topper a one off?

#7794 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

If anyone hears of one available, lemme know! Thanks, Scott!
[quoted image]

I put a WTB on Pinside as well as CL and had my TNA on its way within 2-3 weeks.
Often not advertised, but lots of folks consider selling when they think they are in control of the price.

#7795 3 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I put a WTB on Pinside as well as CL and had my TNA on its way within 2-3 weeks.
Often not advertised, but lots of folks consider selling when they think they are in control of the price.

That’s awesome you found one so quickly. I hope to find one someday too. I did post a wanted ad here a few days ago. Thanks!

#7796 2 years ago

I've been told there is talk of another run of TNA planned? Is there any truth to this?
Thanks!

#7797 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I've been told there is talk of another run of TNA planned? Is there any truth to this?
Thanks!

I got confirmation that another run of TNA will happen, but not for a while, and there is not timeline planned as of yet. I will report back if I hear anything and am able to share.
--Scott

#7798 2 years ago

Glad not for a while actually. Need to save some funds after this Rick and Morty purchase.

#7799 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I got confirmation that another run of TNA will happen, but not for a while, and there is not timeline planned as of yet. I will report back if I hear anything and am able to share.
--Scott

Awesome!!
Thanks!!

#7800 2 years ago

I rented a TNA last year for 3 months, returned it when the left scoop started holding onto balls indefinitely. It didn't seem to be the opto, but I gave it back before figuring it out. Fast forward to present, I picked up a TNA yesterday only to find out it was the EXACT machine I rented. It was briefly on location before I rented it. I'm now the 3rd owner at home, and I'm thinking at this point its going to be a good idea to go over the entire wiring harness and check every connection as I've noticed that being a major culprit of issues.

Glad to be here! Look for it on-stream in a week or so

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/156?hl=mcsquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.